D.O.T.T WWF 83 - Mattyc's way

[CENTER] [I]In June of 1982 Vincent J. McMahon sold the Capitol Wrestling Corporation to his son. As his son began to make changes to the WWF in the beginning stages of an expansion process following the purchase Vincent J.McMahon soon realized that his concerns about his son’s plans were justified, but this was just the beginning! Even if it meant breaking all the long established promotion pacts this determined son was willing to do all it took to get the talent he wanted to create his ideal WWF, and if this meant the ruin of other promotions…So be it! [/I] [B]Welcome to the year in which Professional Wrestling’s territorial system will be forced to embrace changes that shall never be repaired, changes that could eventually lead to its total collapse and death. Welcome to the year in which one mans vision of Professional Wrestling shall see the mainstreams view of the business change in a way few if any thought possible. Welcome to a year in which many of Professional Wrestling’s old guard see their dated vision of the business collapse around them and realize their Nightmares are close to coming true. Welcome to the year in which one man shall edge closer to seeing all of his dreams come true. Welcome to the year of Vince McMahon Jr. Welcome to the year of 1983 Welcome to the WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION![/B] [IMG]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2943/wwf83bannerxs6.png[/IMG] [B]Style: Vinnie Mac's Attack Location: Tri State (USA) Size: Cult Money: $1,250,000 Prestige: B-[/B] [B]Owner:[/B] Vince McMahon [B]Fan Favourites [/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"] Andre the Giant Bob Backlund Bruno Sammartino Eddie Gilbert Frankie Williams Invader 1 Invader 2 Ivan Putski Jose Luis Rivera Chief Jay Strongbow (Also a Road Agent) Jules Strongbow Pedro Morales Rocky Johnson S.D Jones Salvatore Bellomo Tito Santana Tony Atlas Tony Garea[/COLOR] [B]Rulebreakers[/B] [COLOR="Red"] Afa Big John Studd Charlie Fulton Don Kernodle Don Muraco George Steele Jimmy Snuka Johnny Rodz Masked Superstar Mr.Fuji Ray Stevens Samula Sgt.Slaughter Sika Superstar Billy Graham Tiger Chung Lee [/COLOR] [B]The Managers[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Arnold Skaaland[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"] Freddie Blassie Lou Albano The Grand Wizard[/COLOR] [B]Commentary team[/B] Vince McMahon Pat Patterson (Also a Road Agent) Gorilla Monsoon Lord Alfred Hayes Buddy Rogers (Currently the host of the segment 'Rogers Corner') [B]Referees[/B] Dick Kroll Dick Woehrle [B]Others[/B] Howard Finkel (Ring Announcer) Vincent J.McMahon Linda McMahon [B]Stables[/B] [B]Blassie’s Army[/B] [COLOR="red"]Freddie Blassie Big John Studd George Steele Mr. Fuji Tiger Chung Lee[/COLOR] [B]The Wizard’s Cauldron[/B] [COLOR="red"]The Grand Wizard Don Muraco Masked Superstar Superstar Billy Graham[/COLOR] [B]Albano's Savages[/B] [COLOR="red"]Lou Albano Afa Sika Samula[/COLOR] [B]Full time Tag Teams[/B] [COLOR="red"]Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]The Invaders (Invader 1 and Invader 2)[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]The Soul Patrol (Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas)[/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]The Strongbows (Chief Jay Strongbow and Jules Strongbow)[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]The Wild Samoans (Afa and Sika)[/COLOR] [B]......The Champions of the World Wrestling Federation......[/B] [B]WWF Heavyweight Champion[/B] - Bob Backlund [B]WWF Intercontinental Champion[/B] - Don Muraco [B]WWF Tag Team Champions[/B] - The Strongbows (Won the titles from Afa and Sika shortly before this dynasty began) [B]Current Promotion Pacts: New Japan Pro Wrestling (Working Agreement) Universal Wrestling Association (Working Agreement) American Wrestling Association (At War) Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling (At War) Central States (At War) Georgia Championship Wrestling (At War) Championship Wrestling from Florida (Working Agreement) Houston Championship Wrestling (Working Agreement) World Wrestling Council (Working Agreement) Pacific Northwest (Working Agreement) Mid-South Wrestling (Working Agreement) World Class Championship Wrestling (Working Agreement)[/B] Now with all of that out of the way...Lets make some history [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF in Your Neighborhood preview for the upcoming Thursday April, Week one, 1983 card live at the Lewiston Coliseum [/B] [IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5584/wwfinyourneigbourhoodju0.png[/IMG] [B]NON TITLE MATCH - WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund vs. Masked Superstar[/B] [I]It is clear that the Grand Wizard is not willing to rest until one of his charges defeats Bob Backlund for the WWF Heavyweight Championship. At the Lewiston Coliseum the Grand Wizard shall lead the Masked Superstar into battle against the Champion from Minnesota. While the bout is Non title, a victory for the Masked Superstar could add more fuel to the fire that is Grand Wizards quest to ruin Backlund. Especially when the Grand Wizard is making it no secret that he is pulling every string he can to secure a title shot for Superstar Billy Graham who has recently returned to the Federation with Gold in his eyes. [/I] [B]Big John Studd will be in action [/B] [I]One man who has been making an impact in the ranks of the World Wrestling Federation is Big John Studd. This enormous man has been gaining victory after victory while also hurting opponents badly in the process. With this mans amazing strength as well as the managerial services of Classy Freddie Blassie it is no wonder that WWF fans are asking themselves if he will be stopped any time soon.[/I] [B]Tony Garea and Jimmy Snuka vs. the Wild Samoans [/B] [I]In 1982 Jimmy Snuka finally broke away from the managerial services of Captain Lou Albano much to the approval of the WWF fans. Unfortunately for Snuka though it has not been much of a happy ending, Captain Lou has been getting his clients into matches with the Superfly in what are obviously personal attempts to derail the career of the man from the Fiji Islands. At the Lewiston arena the Captain shall once again attempt to harm Snuka as he leads his Wild Samoans against him, the Superfly is prepared for what has potential to be an all out war and he has selected Tony Garea to be his tag team partner, Tony Garea is no stranger to the Wild Samoans as back in 1981 along with his partner at the time Rick Martel he defeated them to win the WWWF Tag Team titles. Garea could be just the man Snuka needs at his side to defeat the Wild Samoans and in the process end Captain Lou’s campaign of personal hatred for good. [/I] [B]INTERCONTINENTAL TITLE MATCH WWF Intercontinental Champion Don Muraco vs. Ivan Putski[/B] [I]The Polish Hammer and the Magnificent One shall go head to head in a clash that shall have everything on the line as Don Muraco defends his Intercontinental title against Ivan Putski. As obsessed as the Grand Wizard is in his pursuit to rid Bob Backlund of his WWF World Heavyweight title he is also just as focused in making sure his client Don Muraco keeps the Intercontinental Title around his waist. Since Don Muraco defeated Pedro Morales to win the title earlier in the year he has defeated all challengers for his title. Despite this the determination of his opponent Ivan Putski cannot be denied, Ivan Putski had the following to say in regards to his upcoming title shot...[/I] [B]Ivan Putski:[/B] Looking over the fact he has a snake like the Grand Wizard as his manager I would have to say Don Muraco is a good Intercontinental Champion, but when I meet him on Thursday at the Lewiston Coliseum people are going to have to say that he WAS a good Intercontinental Champion because I have a good feeling and belief in myself that this waist of mine is going to be sporting some gold soon enough. I can match Muraco physique wise and more importantly I can match Muraco strength wise, when Muraco loses his title he will realize he has met his all around match, I want to go on the record and tell all the wrestling fans I have respect for the former Intercontinental Champion Pedro Morales, So when I win the title I want Pedro to have the first title shot against me. [B]WWF Tag Team title match WWF Tag Team Champions the Strongbows vs. Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee[/B] The Strongbows shall defend the tag titles against Mr.Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee. Mr.Fuji has been wanting to regain the tag team titles since he and his partner Mr.Saito lost them to the Strongbows back in 1982, Since that time Mr.Fuji has established a new team mate in Tiger Chung Lee, Together with the managerial guidance of ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie they could possesses all the ingredients needed in order to end the reign of the Strongbows. [B]Also on the Card Tito Santana vs. Johnny Rodz But that is NOT all![/B] [B]Last but by no means least… An Interview with Superstar Billy Graham and his manager the Grand Wizard which promises to be worth the price of admission alone.[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] WWF in Your Neighborhood (Thursday Week 1, April 1983) Live at the Lewiston Coliseum 2,000 people in attendance [IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5584/wwfinyourneigbourhoodju0.png[/IMG] [B]Tito Santana vs. Johnny Rodz (D+ Rating) [/B] [I]* Rodz and Santana failed to click which made for an awkward match. * Rodz had the first few minutes of the match in his favour but once he lost the momentum of the match to Tito Santana he never regained it. *Tito Santana defeated Johnny Rodz in 7:37 with a Flying Forearm Smash[/I] [B]WINNER – Tito Santana[/B] Ring Announcer Howard Finkel introduced Eddie Gilbert for the next contest; the fans began to boo as Freddie Blassie led his charge Big John Studd down to the ring ready to face Gilbert, Freddie Blassie left the ringside area before the match began… [B]Big John Studd vs. Eddie Gilbert (D- Rating)[/B] [I]* Studd and Gilbert failed to click and this bought the mood of the crowd down. *Eddie Gilbert started off the match using his speed to try and gain an advantage, Gilbert hit Big John Studd with a succession of quick dropkicks but each one got shrugged off by Studd who barely moved from the impact of them. *Big John Studd toyed with Gilbert, knowing that there was nothing his opponent could do to pose a threat to him. * Big John Studd defeated Eddie Gilbert in 3:37 by Pinfall following a Big Backbreaker. [/I] [B]WINNER – Big John Studd[/B] ‘Classy’ Freddie Blassie came back down to ringside and congratulated his charge Big John Studd on his victory, Big John Studd then headed backstage as Blassie introduced two of his clients Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee who came down to ringside ready for the next match, The fans then cheered as ring announcer Howard Finkel introduced the WWF Tag Team Champions the Strongbows who headed down to ringside and entered the ring ready for there upcoming title defense. [B]WWF Tag Team title Match The Strongbows (Champions) vs. Mr Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee (Challengers) (C- Rating)[/B] [I]*Despite Chief Jay Strongbow seeming off his game throughout parts of this match it was still a decent contest. *Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee both showed improvement in there Performance skills. *The Strongbows got outmatched by Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee throughout this contest, at times it seemed like they would manage to gain momentum but they would get cut off by the opponents who always seemed one step ahead. * In the latter stages of the match thanks to support from the crowd and a few quick tags the Strongbows managed to get on the offensive, this comeback seemed to take Mr.Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee off guard as both men must have thought they had victory in the bag. *Chief Jay Strongbow cut off Tiger Chung Lee with a high impact Tomohawk Chop which knocked him over the ropes, Jules Strongbow then gained the submission victory over Mr. Fuji with the sleeper hold at 8:46. The Strongbows hug in the middle of the ring as the fans cheer them on, they are the winners and still the WWF Tag Team Champions. [/I] [B]WINNERS – The Strongbows[/B] [B]Interview time (B Rating)[/B] Ring announcer Howard Finkel enters the ring and introduces Lord Alfred Hayes who is handed the microphone from the Fink. [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] It is my pleasure at this time to introduce the man I shall now be interviewing; He is accompanied by his manager the Grand Wizard of Wrestling. May I introduce..SUPERSTAR BILLY GRAHAM The ring bell is rung and the majority of the fans begin to boo as the Grand Wizard leads his client SuperStar Billy Graham to the ring. As both men step into the ring the Grand Wizard takes the microphone from Lord Alfred Hayes and addresses the fans.. [B]Grand Wizard:[/B] Why do you boo this man? Why do you boo the man who is the TRUE World Wrestling Federation Champion? Show some respect for Superstar Billy Graham. The Grand Wizard looks annoyed when his comments only increase the amount of jeers directed at Graham. The Grand Wizard hands the microphone back to Lord Alfred Hayes. [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] Superstar Billy Graham, Since returning to the World Wrestling Federation you have made it clear that your sights are set firmly on Bob Backlund and more to the point his World Wrestling Federation Championship belt. [B]Superstar Billy Graham:[/B] his Championship belt? You mean MY Championship belt. Bobby Backlund is just keeping the Superstars title nice and warm, Backlund may have had a long run but the Superstar is back, leaner and meaner. I cannot wait to be reunited with MY World title. I see no reason for the match not to be signed, I am ready…are you ready Bob? Or has the All American boy turned chicken now he realizes that his time is running out? [B]Lord Alfred Hayes: [/B]Now Superstar, You returned to the World Wrestling Federation with a new look but I am led to believe that is not all that is different, I have heard talk of a new training direction during your absence from competition. Care to go into detail? [B]Superstar Billy Graham:[/B] Not only have I got a new look but I have got a new focus. I did undergo new training regimes during my time away and when I get into the ring with Bobby Backlund he is going to realize that the Superstars new look is not just for show, I am ready to go. The Human computer that is the Grand Wizard of wrestling opened my eyes to the new methods required to beat the sham of a Champion. [B]The Grand Wizard:[/B] That is right Superstar, I told you of the new methods of training you should learn. I guided the Superstar towards a whole new world..the world of the Martial Arts, You better realize Bob Backlund that every strike, throw and kick that the Superstar has not only learnt but mastered shall result in a whole new world of pain for you, but no pain shall be greater than the ultimate pain of losing the Heavyweight title, so stop being a chicken Backlund, give the Superstar a title match so that golden belt can return to its rightful owner. [B]Superstar Billy Graham:[/B] That’s right Wizard and I have to wonder, I have to wonder if when the Superstar gets rocking if Backlund will hear the ticking and the tocking, the sound of his time running out. [B]The Grand Wizard:[/B] Ha, that’s right Superstar, and Backlund…with every tick of the clock..the belt is closer to being back around the waist of the true champion, Admit the inevitable defeat in your near future Backlund, Give the Superstar his title match, Stop lying to yourself that you have what it takes, and if you are still in dream world you shall snap back to reality tonight. When my Masked Superstar defeats you for all these people to see, you can hide tonight behind the non title stipulation Backlund, but sooner rather then later your time shall end. Come on Superstar lets go and make sure the Masked Superstar is ready. Lord Alfred Hayes leaves the ring area with the interview over, Superstar Billy Graham then leaves the ring at the request of the Grand Wizard. The Grand Wizard still has the microphone in his hands… [B]The Grand Wizard:[/B] and now I proudly introduce a man who just like the Superstar proves that I only manage the best that wrestling has to offer. He enters as the WWF Intercontinental Champion and I give you my personal guarantee that he shall leave as the Champion also. Get up on your feet and show your respect for the Magnificent One Don Muraco Don Muraco heads down to ringside with the Intercontinental title around his waist, the fans then begin to cheer as his opponent and challenger for the title ‘Polish Power’ Ivan Putski makes his way down to ringside. Before the match begins the Grand Wizard makes it clear he is staying at ringside, Ivan Putski is noticeably unhappy and uncomfortable with this but none the less the match gets underway… [B]WWF Intercontinental title match Don Muraco (Champion) vs. Ivan Putski (Challenger) (C+ Rating)[/B] [I]*Don Muraco looked very good out there and Ivan Putski showed improvement in his rumble skills. *This was a back and forth match which was very close with neither Muraco or Putski gaining a clear advantage. *In the latter stages of this intense contest the crowd lights up when Ivan Putski manages to lift Don Muraco and drop him down to the canvas with a suplex. *The crowd begins to chant Putski’s name as he sets up to deliver the Polish Hammer. He waits for Don Muraco to stagger up to his feet. *Don Muraco is back on his feet, Ivan Putski attempts to hit the Polish Hammer, but Muraco side steps the attempt, Muraco then turns Putski around and rolls him up for the match winning pinfall at 9:48. *Don Muraco and the Grand Wizard quickly leave and head to the backstage area, Ivan Putski is left standing in the ring looking upset with his loss but a smile soon comes to his face when the fans chant his name in respect of the effort they just saw. The fans realize that Don Muraco was lucky to leave with the WWF Intercontinental title on this night. [/I] [B]WINNER – Don Muraco [/B] Captain Lou Albano leads the Wild Samoans down to ringside; Captain Lou is holding a poster of Jimmy Snuka which he takes great delight in tearing up. The fans start a chant of ‘Superfly’ and soon enough they break into cheers as Jimmy Snuka and Tony Garea head down to ringside. [B]Tony Garea and Jimmy Snuka vs. the Wild Samoans (B- Rating) [/B] [I]*All men in this match showed improvement in there performance skills and/or there rumble skills. *In the early stages of the match Captain Lou Albano pulled Jimmy Snukas leg from the outside of the ring as Snuka ran the ropes. The referee Dick Kroll saw this and he did not hesitate in ordering Captain Lou Albano to the backstage area, much to the delight of the crowd. *Following this Jimmy Snuka found himself in the Wild Samoans corner; Afa and Sika double teamed Snuka which put him in a dangerous situation. The legal man Afa then pushed the hurt Snuka to the ground and put the stomps to him, Tony Garea encouraged the fans to start a ‘Superfly’ chant to try and will Snuka on and give him the strength to make a tag. *The chants of the crowd were not in vain as Snuka managed to find the energy needed to mount a comeback. Snuka hit Afa with the Snuka Special followed by a dropkick, the dropkick knocked Afa back to his corner allowing him the chance to tag Sika, but Jimmy Snuka also had the time to tag in Tony Garea. *Tony Garea and Sika then went back and forth but Sika gained full control after a headbutt followed by a fallaway slam. *Sika continued to work on Tony Garea and he eventually pushed Garea into his corner. Afa then illegally got into the ring and the two Samoans began laying more of the hurt onto Garea. *Jimmy Snuka decided he had seen enough and he entered the ring, the referee struggled to keep control with all four men in the ring. Jimmy Snuka gave both Samoans drop kicks. Afa was sent flying over the ropes from the dropkick he received the referee then made Jimmy Snuka go back to his corner. The action was now back to the two legal men, Tony Garea and Sika. *Tony Garea overwhelmed Sika and managed to lock on an abdominal stretch. Garea then released the stretch and Sika fell to the canvas in pain. Tony Garea then quickly made the tag to Jimmy Snuka, Snuka immediately ascended the top turnbuckle and delivered the Superfly Splash to the delight of the crowd. Jimmy Snuka then pinned Sika at 8:13. Jimmy Snuka and Tony Garea are your winners[/I] [B]WINNERS: Jimmy Snuka and Tony Garea[/B] As Jimmy Snuka and Tony Garea celebrated there victory Captain Lou Albano came back out to ringside and directed his Wild Samoans to the backstage area. Captain Lou Albano then pointed at Jimmy Snuka and mouthed ‘This is not over, it has only just begun’. After a short break the fans begin to boo as the Grand Wizard leads the Masked Superstar down to ringside, both the Grand Wizard and the Masked Superstar are wearing T-shirts that say ‘BILLY GRAHAM – TRUE CHAMPION’ on them, this earns both men even more hatred from the crowd. The crowd then breaks into cheer as Bob Backlund jogs down to ringside with his manager Arnold Skaaland close behind. Backlund is wearing his WWF Heavyweight title even though the following contest is non title, before the match the Grand Wizard makes it clear he wishes to stay at ringside, Arnold Skaaland also stays at ringside.. [B]NON TITLE MATCH (WWF Heavyweight Champion) Bob Backlund vs. Masked Superstar (B Rating)[/B] [I]*In the early stages of the contest Bob Backlund locks a headlock onto Masked Superstar. Backlund has it synched in tightly with no signs of a possible escape for Masked Superstar. * Bob Backlund then takes Masked Superstar to the canvas and he attempts to apply the Crossface Chicken wing in hope of a quick submission victory but his attempts are in vain, the Masked Superstar fights off each attempt of Backlund. This makes it clear to the Champion that it is much too early for any Submissions and he gets up and allows the Masked Superstar to regain his footing. *Bob Backlund once again applies the headlock but this time he is not so successful, Masked Superstar manages to resist having Backlund lock it in so tightly. Masked Superstar manages to lift Backlund up while the headlock is still applied, Masked Superstar drops Backlund with a back suplex, and the tide of momentum has turned in Masked Superstars favor. *The next few minutes of the bout are all Masked Superstar as he gets to work on the grounded Backlund with some vicious axe handles to the back and to the mid section. Masked Superstar then puts a wristlock on Backlund and at this stage it is clear to see Backlund is struggling. *Bob Backlund manages to regain his footing and eventually break the wristlock. Backlund then wastes no time in taking Masked Superstar down to the mat with an arm bar, Backlund then locks on the head scissors. *The Masked Superstar rolls over while in the head scissors and eventually regains his footing. Masked Superstar and Bob Backlund then exchange forearm shots, Backlund ducks one of the shots and he once again grounds Masked Superstar with the arm bar and head scissors combination. *The Masked Superstar uses his hands to scratch at Backlunds legs to force him to break the Head Scissors. Both men then get back up to there feet but a Swinging Neckbreaker from the Masked Superstar soon puts Backlund in serious danger. *Masked Superstar goes for the pinfall attempt…1…2…thr..NO! Backlund kicks out *With Backlund still grounded the Masked Superstar climbs to the top turnbuckle, he waits for Backlund to get up to his feet, Masked Superstar then comes off with a double axe handle…but Backlund meets the attempt with a knee to the stomach of Masked Superstar. *Backlund goes for another knee but this time Masked Superstar catches the leg of Backlund, He then pushes Backlund to the canvas, Masked Superstar then grabs the legs of Backlund..possibly looking for a leglock, but Backlund uses his leg strength to push Masked Superstar backwards into the ropes, Masked Superstar rebounds off the ropes, Backlund puts his legs up and brings Masked Superstar over with a Monkey Flip. *Masked Superstar staggers up to his feet and Backlund tries to apply the Crossface Chicken Wing..but Masked Superstar just about manages to shrug the attempt off. *Masked Superstar brings Backlund over with a snapmare, Masked Superstar then connects nicely with a knee drop to the head of Backlund. *Masked Superstar goes for a pinfall attempt on Backlund..1..2, but Backlund rolls on top of Masked Superstar….1..2..Masked Superstar kicks out, Both men regain there footing.. *Bob Backlund throws Masked Superstar into the ropes, Masked Superstar comes back towards Backlund.. Wonderful Sunset flip from Backlund…he has hold of Masked Superstar for the potential Pinfall….1…2…thr..and NO, Masked Superstar is still in this thing. *Realizing his pin attempt has failed Backlund pulls Masked Superstar up to his feet, Backlund then maneuvers himself behind Masked Superstar, Backlund is attempting to hoist Masked Superstar up for the Atomic SpineCrusher, but it is not to be as a back elbow from Masked Superstar sends Backlund down to the canvas. *Masked Superstar drops down with an elbow into the chest of Backlund, He then covers Backlund…1…2…3….but Backlund had one of his feet on the ropes. *Masked Superstar is visibly agitated that he cannot put away Backlund, the Grand Wizard yells to his charge from ringside telling him to stay calm and in control. *Masked Superstar lifts Backlund up to his feet but Backlund brings Masked Superstar down to the canvas with an arm drag takedown, Backlund applies the pressure looking for a submission attempt, but the referee forces Backlund to break the hold when Masked Superstar gets a foot on the bottom rope. *Bob Backlund and Masked Superstar get back up and lay forearms into one another back and forth, Backlund blocks one of the forearms and he turns Masked Superstar around, Backlund once again goes for the Atomic SpineCrusher and this time he hits it. *Backlund falls on top of Masked Superstar, the referee makes the count….1…2…3, Bob Backlund wins in 13 minutes and 45 seconds via pinfall.[/I] [B]THE WINNER – Bob Backlund[/B] The crowd celebrates along with Bob Backlund, The Grand Wizard and the Masked Superstar head to the backstage area during this celebration looking annoyed. Bob Backlund then asks ring announcer Howard Finkel for a microphone… Bob Backlund: Superstar Billy Graham I know you are backstage listening, I am not a paper Champion, I am a fighting champion, I have beat you before and I promise all these fans that I shall do it again, Any time..Any Place. I am not scared of you. As the fans begin to leave the arena Bob Backlund heads to the backstage area, hoisting his WWF Heavyweight title in the air. [B]FINAL SHOW RATING – C (The crowd expected more angle and interview segments) [/B] [/CENTER]

[QUOTE]After a short break the fans begin to boo as the Grand Wizard leads the Masked Superstar down to ringside, both the Grand Wizard and the Masked Superstar are wearing T-shirts that say ‘BILLY GRAHAM – TRUE CHAMPION’ on them, this earns both men even more hatred from the crowd. The crowd then breaks into cheer as Bob Backlund jogs down to ringside with his manager Arnold Skaaland close behind. Backlund is wearing his WWF Heavyweight title even though the following contest is non title, before the match the Grand Wizard makes it clear he wishes to stay at ringside, Arnold Skaaland also stays at ringside..[/QUOTE] Absolutely fantastic. Masked Superstar and The Wiz coming out wearing those t-shirts is a super addition; very funny, that. Bob jogging out to the ring... You are doing an excellent job of capturing the nuances of the individual wrestlers so far. In the interview w. Superstar Billy, for example: if the reader adds an Ali-style rap inflection as they read it, it's Graham. Bravo. And being an Ernie Roth mark, I am quite pleased that The Grand Wizard dominated that card.

[CENTER] [B]WWF NEWS (April week 1, 1983)[/B] [IMG]http://www.pwtorch.com/artman/uploads/savage_002.jpg[/IMG] [I]On the Friday of the 1st week of April Randy Savage rejected negotiations with the WWF with the reason given that he wishes to focus on his ICW (International Championship Wrestling) career. McMahon wants this second generation worker badly; do not be surprised to hear of more offers towards Savage in the near future. [IMG]http://www.fiestafestwrestling.com/images/profiles/wrestlers_profiles_pics_sgtslaughter.jpg[/IMG] WWF performer Sgt Slaughter signed a Pay per Appearance deal with Frank Tunney’s MLW (Maple Leaf Wrestling) on the Saturday of the 1st week of April. As it currently stands the WWF is neither at war nor in any type of working agreement with MLW so it is expected that Sgt Slaughter will work for both companies for the time being. Vince McMahon Jr. is apparently unhappy with this as ideally he wants top draws like the Sarge to work exclusively for the World Wrestling Federation.[/I] [COLOR="Red"]WWF sign up two members of MACW![/COLOR] [IMG]http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesO/orton_bob.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://www.wrestlingzone.ru/images/greg5.jpg[/IMG] [I]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling lost two of its top talents on the Saturday of the 1st week of April. Bob Orton Jr. was signed to a short term deal while Greg “The Hammer” Valentine was signed to a 12 month contract. Due to the WWF being at war with MACW the two wrestlers will leave the company to come and work for the WWF shortly. Both Valentine and Orton Jr. are sons to fathers well known in the wrestling world, Greg Valentine is the son of Johnny Valentine and Bob Orton Jr. is the son of Bob Orton Sr. With the backgrounds and talent these two new additions to the WWF roster have at there disposal they are sure to make an impact.[/I] [COLOR="red"]JYD is coming to the World Wrestling Federation![/COLOR] [IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/4c/Junkyard_dog.jpg[/IMG] [I]The Junkyard Dog signed a 12 month contract with the WWF on Sunday, due to the WWF’s working agreement with HCW (Houston Championship Wrestling) JYD will still appear on their cards. The WWF also has a working agreement with MSW (Mid-South Wrestling) which means JYD will continue working on there cards also, but sadly MSW is believed to have grown hostile towards the WWF which could make for some interesting events in the future. The Junkyard Dog is one of the hottest acts in wrestling currently and to have such a star appearing on WWF cards in the near future can only be a good thing for business.[/I] [B]In other news[/B] [I]SECW has grown to Regional size The WWF have been having talks with three other names, all three of them are high profile but one of the names is said to be an amazing prospect.[/I] [B]Coming up on this weeks episode of WWF Championship Wrestling [/B] [I]Pedro Morales vs. The Masked Superstar The Soul Patrol vs. Mr.Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee Big John Studd in action On "Rogers Corner" Buddy Rogers will try to get to the bottom of one of the most heated situations in the WWF[/I]. [B]All of this and much more at the Hazlett Plaza Arena [/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Sunday Week 1, April 1983 NJ- Hazlett Plaza Arena Being held in front of 5,000 and live on U.S Syndication Small 1[/B] [B]Pre Show Segments:[/B] [B]Don Kernodle vs. Salvatore Bellomo (C- Rating)[/B] [I]*Both men had a great chemistry in this match making it a decent contest that served as good warm up for the crowd as many of them were still arriving and taking there seats. *Don Kernodle got the win via pinfall at 4 minutes and 43 seconds following a Piledriver.[/I] [B]WINNER – Don Kernodle[/B] [B]Samula vs. Frankie Williams (D- Rating)[/B] [I]* In a total squash, Samula defeated Frankie Williams in 2:47 by pinfall with a Samoan Drop *Captain Lou Albano did some good work at ringside as Samula’s manager. *This match bought the mood of the crowd down.[/I] [B]WINNER – Samula [/B] [B]Vince McMahon interviews Ivan Putski (D+ Rating)[/B] [I]Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson who are the commentary team for the upcoming episode of Championship Wrestling come down to ringside. Before the live TV show begins Vince McMahon steps into the ring with a microphone…[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Good evening Ladies and Gentleman, we are just minutes away from Championship Wrestling but first of all I have an interview that is exclusive for you fans in attendance tonight. The man I am about to speak to personally requested this time, please welcome..”Polish Power” Ivan Putski[/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer as Ivan Putski heads down to the ring and joins Vince McMahon[/I] [B]Ivan Putski:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Hi Vince how are you doing?[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]I am good thank you, but the question is how are you doing Mr. Putski? You had an Intercontinental title shot this past Thursday against the champion Don Muraco but sadly you did not gain the victory.[/COLOR] [B]Ivan Putski:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]That is right Vince, Me and Muraco went at it for a near 10 minutes and I was so close to knocking him down with the Polish Hammer, I was so close to victory and the Intercontinental title that I could taste it, but things have a funny way of working out and it was just not meant to be on that given night, but I am making no excuses, Muraco outsmarted me and he was deserving of that victory. [/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Following your defeat to the Champion it is said that the former Intercontinental Champion Pedro Morales is possibly the next in line for a title shot, now before you’re match with Don Muraco you claimed that if you were to win the title you wanted Pedro Morales to get the first title shot. It sounds like you have a great deal of respect for Pedro Morales?[/COLOR] [B]Ivan Putski:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I’ll tell you something Vince, we have a locker room back there of determined wrestlers, the WWF is the home of the best wrestlers this country and this WORLD has to offer, but I have to say Pedro Morales is probably the most determined guy I know of in that locker room. Ever since losing his title he has not given up in his quest of regaining it. I honestly don’t think the man will rest until he has regained the Intercontinental title Vince, He is a proud Puerto Rican and he has not given up on what he is and he has not given up on the PEOPLE who made him what he is…These wonderful fans in this building and around the world..they are the people who made him what he is. [/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer and start up a chant of "Pedro"[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B][COLOR="Blue"] and by the sounds of it these fans would not object to Pedro Morales becoming the Intercontinental champion once again, but what about you Mr. Putski? What is next for you?[/COLOR] [B]Ivan Putski:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Well Vince, the WWF is fast moving and there is always a new challenge, it is just a matter of who has the strength to stand up and meet those challenges head on, but I have to say that right now I see one big challenge, a challenge that I honestly feel I can overcome, a challenge by the name of Big John Studd. [/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer following Putski’s words [/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well Mr. Putski it sounds like you are setting your sights high and it also sounds like these fans will support you all the way, I look forward to talking with you in more depth in the near future but for now I thank you for your time.[/COLOR] [B]Ivan Putski:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]No, Thank you Vince, and thank you to all of you fans. I hope it is a great show tonight. I will be watching from the back, especially Pedro’s match with the Masked Superstar. [/COLOR] [I]Ivan Putski and Vince McMahon shake hands, Ivan Putski then leaves the ring as Vince takes his seat at commentary next to Pat Patterson, WWF Championship Wrestling is about to begin![/I] [B]……WWF CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING……[/B] [IMG]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4452/wwfchampionshipwrestlinoq8.png[/IMG] [I]As “Cars” by Gary Numan plays over the arenas P.A system the camera scans the crowd before focusing on Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson at the ringside commentary table.[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of WWF Championship Wrestling, I am Vince McMahon and I am joined as always by Pat Patterson. [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] We have some great matches lined up tonight Vince but the buzz around the Arena today has been about the scheduled Pedro Morales vs. Masked Superstar bout. Not only should it be a fine contest but there is also a lot on the line. [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] For fans that may not be aware, Pedro Morales is the current number one contender to the WWF Intercontinental title that is currently held by Don Muraco, the same man who Morales lost the title too. Don Muraco is managed by the Grand Wizard and so is the Masked Superstar. No coincidence there hey Pat? [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] none at all Vince, you can bet the Grand Wizard will be counting on the Masked Superstar to defeat Pedro Morales tonight in order to keep him away from the Intercontinental title of Don Muraco. The Grand Wizards camp stick together Vince and being the only man under the Wizards charge to currently hold a title it goes without saying that Don Muraco is bringing the most money into that group. He is the top of the food chain so to speak. [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] and quite frankly the Masked Superstar has a fine chance of defeating Pedro Morales, this past Thursday at the Lewiston Coliseum the Masked Superstar came close to defeating the WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund. [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] and if you can give Bob Backlund a hard night it is pretty much a given that you can be a match for anybody in the WWF. [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] Indeed Pat, but right now the Hollywood Fashion Plate “Classy” Freddie Blassie is leading his team of Mr.Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee into the ring, let’s get ready for our first televised contest of the evening… [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] but listen to this reaction as there opponents head down to the ring, Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson… the Soul Patrol, What a team these two make Vince. [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] The Soul man and Mr. USA never fail to raise the roof of any arena they compete in; they have a bond with the WWF fans that few teams can replicate. [B]The Soul Patrol vs. Mr.Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee (C- Rating)[/B] [I]*This was a quick paced match designed to make for a good start to the live televised action. *Mr Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee got the better of the Soul Patrol in the early stages of the contest but eventually they found themselves overwhelmed by the Soul Patrols combination of strength and speed. *The Soul Patrol got the win at 8 minutes and 3 seconds when Rocky Johnson defeated Mr. Fuji via pin fall following a Soulman punch. *Following the match it is clear that Freddie Blassie is annoyed with his team’s failure to win the bout as he orders them to go backstage while in temper.[/I] [B]WINNERS – The Soul Patrol [/B] [B]“ROGERS CORNER” with your host Buddy Rogers (B Rating)[/B] [I]The camera takes us to the set of “Rogers Corner”, Buddy Rogers is sitting on a chair with a microphone in hand ready to begin his interview segment..[/I] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well, it is a new week and that means a new edition of Rogers Corner, this week I have a very interesting guest lined up. He is one of the WWF’s finest managers and he currently manages three savages by the name of Afa, Sika and Samula, but in recent times his managerial duties have taken second place to his very personal and public hatred for “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka, Now I think this has gone on long enough and this week I aim to get to the bottom of the situation and hopefully put it to rest….CAPTAIN LOU ALBANO please come on out.[/COLOR] [I]Captain Lou Albano comes out with a microphone and takes a seat next to Buddy Rogers[/I] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Captain Lou Albano I welcome you to Rogers Corner but I want to get right down to business and straight onto the big questions. My first question to you is why do you continue this grudge against the Superfly? He decided he had enough of you’re questionable managerial tactics last year and he embraced the support of the WWF fans, He has moved on so what is stopping you from doing the same?[/COLOR] [I]Captain Lou Albano gets up from his seat in anger[/I] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Now you hang on just a minute, I am Captain Lou Albano and I am your guest and you are lucky to have me, yet you waste no time in showing me no respect and you waste no time in trying to ruin my reputation as the greatest manager in the WWF. I ought to walk out of this disgrace of an interview right now.[/COLOR] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Why don’t you calm down and answer my question, why can’t you just move on from this situation with the Superfly?[/COLOR] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I will tell you why Rogers, I bought Jimmy Snuka to the WWF but Jimmy Snuka had the nerve to go against me and my management when it was me and my management that made all of his big breaks possible, these fans cheer for the Superfly like it is going out of fashion but if it wasn’t for me he would still be a barefoot bum on the Fiji Islands that nobody cares about. Granted he is still a barefoot bum but he is a barefoot bum, who happens to be a star, but his fame is all thanks to me, The Superfly owes everything to Captain Lou Albano, I made him and I shall see that the men I manage break him, how’s that for an answer Rogers? [/COLOR] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well that answers my question Captain but how about you ask yourself a question, ask yourself if the Wild Samoans have what it takes to break the Superfly. I hear that this past Thursday Jimmy Snuka and Tony Garea scored quite an impressive victory over Afa and Sika.[/COLOR] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]You know perfectly well that my Wild Samoans have what it takes to defeat Snuka, it was just an unlucky night, but as for breaking Snuka..who says I expect the Wild Samoans to do that job? Who says I don’t have somebody else waiting on the sideline that is ready to do it for me?[/COLOR] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Are you hinting that you have a new wrestler under you’re management who has been given the goal to ruin Jimmy Snuka?[/COLOR] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B][COLOR="Red"] I am not hinting. I am TELLING YOU, My newest charge shall be revealed soon enough, when the time is right, and I am confident that he shall be the man to ruin Snuka once and for all, So I tell these fans to cheer Snuka while it is still the thing of the moment because six months from now the Superfly will be nothing but a vague memory. I am going to see that he is run out..RIGHT OUT…Gone from the WWF, and that’s all the Captain has to say to you.[/COLOR] [I]Captain Lou Albano storms off[/I] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well there you have it, some strong comments from Captain Lou Albano. I tried to get to the bottom of the Snuka/Albano situation but it would seem that things are only going to get worse, I shall be back next week with another edition of Rogers Corner but right now I hand things back over to Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson as the arena gets ready for more action…I believe we have a return coming up.[/COLOR] [B]Bob Orton Jr. vs. S.D. Jones (C+ Rating) [/B] [I]*This match was the return of Bob Orton Jr. to the WWF; He was led out to the ring area by the Grand Wizard who is now his manager. *This match was all Bob Orton Jr. as he took it to S.D Jones in dominating fashion. Orton Jr. spent little time worrying about the crowd as his focus seemed to be 100% on not only defeating S.D Jones but also hurting him in the process. *Bob Orton Jr. laid S.D Jones out with a Piledriver, instead of going for a pinfall which would have almost guaranteed victory Bob decided he was not yet done, He raised S.D Jones to his feet and hoisted him up for a Running Powerslam, Orton hit the move and scored the pinfall at 4:54.[/I] [B]WINNER – Bob Orton Jr. [/B] [I]Following the match Bob Orton Jr steps out of the ring and regroups with his manager the Grand Wizard, Vince McMahon then approaches both men for a post match interview…[/I] [B]Interview with the returnee (B- Rating)[/B] [B]Vince McMahon - [/B] Bob Orton Jr. welcome back to the World Wrestling Federation and I must say that was quite an impressive victory. [B]Bob Orton Jr. – [/B]I am back Vince McMahon and this time I am going to make it count. I am being guided by the Grand Wizard of professional wrestling and let me tell you, it is going to be all business, I have not returned to make any friends, I have returned to this company to make statements. I shall make those statements by force. The match you just saw me win was only a preview of what is to come. [B]Vince McMahon –[/B] and Grand Wizard you must be pleased with the return your newest client has made. [B]Grand Wizard – [/B]Times are changing, there is only one man named Bob who is worth the people’s attention in the WWF now, and I am not talking about Bob Backlund. Everything is falling into place perfectly, I have the Intercontinental champion Don Muraco under my management, I have the Masked Superstar and of course I also have the TRUE Champion..the Superstar Billy Graham. [B]Bob Orton Jr. –[/B] Grand Wizard I know you have given me some instructions, instructions that Bob Backlund may be interested in, Backlund keeps saying he is not afraid of the Superstar Billy Graham and he also says he will take him on any time and any place, but nothing has been signed on the dotted line yet, So Backlund let me tell you something, if you think you can dodge giving the Superstar his title match I shall follow the instructions of my manager and I shall make sure I convince you with force to put that title on the line. [B]Vince McMahon –[/B] with all due respect, Contracts and all the paper work involved for such big matches can take awhile to get sorted out, The WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund strikes me as being anything but a coward. [B]Bob Orton Jr. –[/B] Coward or not Vince, The Grand Wizard has compiled the best group of talent the WWF has to offer, he has Superstar Billy Graham, He has Don Muraco, He has the Masked Superstar, and now he has me…and we shall all set our sights on Backlund if that is what is required. [B]Big John Studd vs. Jose Luis Rivera (D- Rating)[/B] [I]*If you blinked you would have missed this one, Big John Studd outmatched Jose Luis Rivera with his power based attacks, Studd put Rivera out of his misery at 1 minute and 57 seconds by pinfall following a backbreaker. [/I] [B]WINNER – Big John Studd [/B] [B]A GIANT Announcement (B+ Rating)[/B] [I]We are shown a quick video showing highlights of Andre the Giant in action that is set to an instrumental version of the song “I ran (So Far Away)” by A Flock of Seagulls. The video ends with the announcement voiced over by Lord Alfred Hayes that Andre the Giant will be making an appearance on next weeks episode of WWF Championship Wrestling.[/I] [B]Pre match comments from Pedro (C Rating)[/B] [I]The fans cheer as Pedro Morales makes his way down to the ringside area for his upcoming match with the Masked Superstar. Vince McMahon approaches him for some pre match comments...[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Pedro Morales you are moments away from your match with the Masked Superstar, do you have any pre match thoughts you can share with us.[/COLOR] [B]Pedro Morales:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I heard about the match from this past Thursday that the Masked Superstar had with the Champ Bob Backlund and I was told about how on form the Masked Superstar was. Well Vince I welcome him to bring his best because that just pushes me on to bring a little better.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]I was speaking to Ivan Putski before this show began and he was telling me of your drive to regain the WWF Intercontinental title from the Magnificent Don Muraco, what do you have to say in regards to this?[/COLOR] [B]Pedro Morales:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Well there is a lot of truth to that Vince but I am going to take things one step at a time, Tonight it is all about defeating the Masked Superstar. I don’t plan on letting myself or these people down.[/COLOR] [B]Pedro Morales vs. the Masked Superstar (C+ Rating) [/B] [I]*The Masked Superstar starts out the contest with some serious aggression towards Pedro Morales, a series of axe handles to the face and shoulders knocks Morales down into the corner. The Masked Superstar then begins choking Morales with a boot to the throat but the referee quickly makes the Masked Superstar put a stop to this illegal tactic. *Later into the match Pedro managed to cut off the Masked Superstars momentum with a high impact shoulder tackle to his mid section, Masked Superstar then rolled out of the ring to regroup with his manager the Grand Wizard, the referee did not see the Grand Wizard slip some sort of foreign object into the hands of the Masked Superstar who quickly slipped it away in his ring attire. *Masked Superstar reentered the ring but the control of the match was now in Morales favour who had the offensive momentum and was not about to let it go. *Some opportune strikes with the foreign object from Masked Superstar to the face of Pedro Morales eventually put the bout back in his favor. Masked Superstar would lock a grounded headlock onto Pedro while still using the foreign object at times when the referee was not in a position to see or if he was distracted by the Grand Wizard outside the ring. *Eventually the referee took notice of the calls of anger from the crowd and he caught the Masked Superstar in the act of using the foreign object, the referee quickly confiscated it and warned the Masked Superstar that he would not tolerate another illegal act. *After the Masked Superstar lost his unfair advantage the bout eventually swung back into the favor of Pedro Morales who mounted a comeback. *The combination of a backbreaker followed by a knee drop is enough to score Pedro Morales the winning pinfall at 18:48. [/I] [B]WINNER – Pedro Morales [/B] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] Pedro Morales picks up the win much to the approval of the WWF fans. [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] Once the playing field was turned into a fair one and Pedro got going there was no stopping him Vince. You have to think that an Intercontinental title shot is just around the corner. [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] Fans this has been Vince McMahon alongside Pat Patterson and that is all we have time for this week. Join us next week for another exciting hour of WWF Championship Wrestling. [B]FINAL SHOW RATING – C (This was a good show that should have increased our popularity; Vince McMahon was used far too much)[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF NEWS[/B] [COLOR="Red"][B]Another blow for Mid-Atlantic…WWF signs Roddy Piper![/B][/COLOR] [IMG]http://slam.canoe.ca/WrestlingImagesP/piper86.jpg[/IMG] [I]On Tuesday in the 2nd week of April the WWF signed away another of MACW’s top names when the federation signed Roddy Piper to a 12 month contract. Of all his recent signings Vince McMahon Jr. is said to be particularly happy over the acquisition of Piper and rightly so as Roddy Pipers unique personality often overshadows his great in ring performances, signing a character like this away from MACW is not only a huge loss for them but it is also quite the gain for the WWF.[/I] [COLOR="Red"][B]WWF Heavyweight title match signing controversy[/B] [/COLOR] [I]The WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund recently met with WWF office staff to sign a contract confirming that he wishes to give “Superstar” Billy Graham a title match but apparently this has sparked a debate between WWF match makers which is holding the match making process up as they realize Bob Backlund vs. “Superstar” Billy Graham is a big money match and they want to be precise on where and when they book the bout to take place. Bob Backlund’s manager Arnold Skaaland is quoted as saying “If Bob had his way the title match would take place tomorrow, he has already told Billy Graham that he is a fighting champion and that he shall defend any time and at any place. I hope that this match is signed soon as I fear that a long match making process could tarnish the legacy Bob Backlund has established as a true Champion. But sadly the situation is currently out of Bob’s control.” “Superstar” Billy Graham’s manager the Grand Wizard had this to say in response “Bob Backlund is scared of the Superstar, that is all there is to it. He can hide behind non title match stipulations and contract hold ups all he wants but eventually he shall have to defend that Gold. Then all the wrestling fans will have no choice but to accept Billy Graham as the TRUE Heavyweight Champion.”[/I] [B]WWF in Your Neighborhood preview for the upcoming Thursday April, Week 2, 1983 card live at the New York Fisher Hall[/B] [IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5584/wwfinyourneigbourhoodju0.png[/IMG] [B]NON TITLE MATCH – WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund vs. Ray “The Crippler” Stevens [/B] [I]Last week Bob Backlund had a hard fought match with the Masked Superstar and if the reputation of his scheduled opponent for this coming Thursday is anything to go by he shall be in for another tough match. “They don’t call me the Crippler for nothing” says Ray Stevens “At any time I would pull out all the stops in a match with a Champion like Bob Backlund and this Thursday shall be no exception. I am going to beat Bob Backlund in this non title match and then I shall demand he gives me a Title match. “Superstar” Billy Graham will have to step aside because after this match I shall be firmly established as the new number one contender.”[/I] [B]TAG TEAM ACTION – Pedro Morales and Ivan Putski vs. Don Muraco and Masked Superstar[/B] [I]In what should make for a very memorable tag team bout Pedro Morales and “Polish Power” Ivan Putski shall face two men they have been no strangers from recently, Masked Superstar and Don Muraco. Last week Ivan Putski came up short in his quest to win the Intercontinental title from Muraco but this past Sunday Pedro Morales defeated the Masked Superstar in impressive fashion. The latest rumor is that an Intercontinental title match between Don Muraco and Pedro Morales is on the cards and shall take place by the end of the month. Don Muraco was quoted as saying “Pedro has these dreams in his head of regaining the Intercontinental title, but I am going to do Pedro a favor and save him from the harsh reality of losing to me in singles action with the title on the line, I will just make it clear in this tag team match that he is no longer in my league, then he can just quietly step down without it even coming to a title match, and that will be best for all concerned.” [/I] [B]Also on the card “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka will be in action against Captain Lou Albano’s savage..Samula WWF Tag Team title match – The Strongbows (Champions) vs. The Wild Samoans (Challengers) Bob Orton Jr. vs. Tito Santana “Superstar” Billy Graham shall be in attendance for an interview. Sgt Slaughter shall also appear for an interview. [/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF in Your Neighborhood (Thursday Week 2, April 1983) Live at the New York Fisher Hall 2,000 people in attendance[/B] [IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5584/wwfinyourneigbourhoodju0.png[/IMG] [B]Bob Orton Jr. vs. Tito Santana (C+ Rating)[/B] [I]*This match was designed to showcase the newcomer Bob Orton Jr. but despite this the match was far from a squash, it was highly competitive with Tito Santana getting his fair share of offence and near victories. Tito also showed an improvement in his flying skills. *The Grand Wizard was at ringside for this match to support his client Bob Orton Jr. *The ending came when Tito Santana attempted a body press only to be caught by Orton, Orton then hoisted Santana into a Piledriver position, the Piledriver was executed perfectly and it got Orton the win via pinfall at 12 minutes and 53 seconds. [/I] [B]WINNER – Bob Orton Jr.[/B] [B]Sgt. Slaughter interview (B- Rating)[/B] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B] – My guest at this time is a man who has been conspicuous via his absence from the WWF in recent weeks, allow me to introduce Sgt. Slaughter [I]Sgt. Slaughter heads down to ringside to the booing of the crowd. Sgt. Slaughter tries to get some fans to salute him as he passes them on his way to the ring but most of them refuse to do so. [/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B] – Sgt. Slaughter thank you for… [I](Sgt.Slaughter interrupts Hayes before he can finish)[/I] [B]Sgt. Slaughter[/B] – Atten-HUT!...I know what you are going to ask me. You are going to ask me why I have been out of the public eye in recent weeks, well stand to attention and await my answer….It is like this. Even Sgt. Slaughter has to take a break from the wars at times Hayes, but while I am not on the front line doing battle I am still watching the events taking place on the battlefield. I still have my sights on every single battle in the World Wrestling Federation and I am waiting for the right time to make my next move. [I]Sgt. Slaughter blows his whistle when the crowd continue to boo him..[/I] [B]Sgt. Slaughter[/B] – You Maggot Fans better stand up and be at full attention when I speak, Maybe this shall get your attention, The man in the World Wrestling Federation who I am watching mostly is non other than the Champion you people admire so much…BOB BACKLUND. [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B] – So your sights are on Bob Backlund and I am guessing more to the point his WWF Heavyweight title? [B]Sgt. Slaughter[/B] – Never put words into my mouth again you puke, and THAT’S an order. I said I was watching Bob Backlund, nothing more and nothing less, that is all I want to say at this time. [I]Sgt. Slaughter leaves the ring[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes [/B]– Well there you have it fans, Sgt. Slaughter did not reveal much there and I do not want to be accused of putting words into his mouth again but I shall say this..If I was Bob Backlund I would be worrying about more then just Superstar Billy Graham and the rest of the Grand Wizards men right now. [B]WWF Tag Team title match – The Strongbows (Champions) vs. The Wild Samoans (Challengers) (C Rating)[/B] [I]*This bout began with the Wild Samoans in control and this was pretty much the story throughout. *Afa and Sika continued to take it to the Strongbows but they began to get frustrated when nothing they could do could quite be enough to put the Strongbows away for the victory. *The growing frustration of the Wild Samoans led to a total loss of control and regard for the rules on there part, the match degenerated into a fight with all four men in the ring that the referee struggled to control. *The Strongbows got the victory after fighting off the Samoans on the outside of the ring. The legal man Jules Strongbow managed to get back into the ring just before the referee counted to 9. The Strongbows are the winners and retain the Tag team titles in 10 minutes and 5 seconds. *Following the bout the Wild Samoans try to get back into the ring to resume brawling but security as well as there manager Captain Lou Albano eventually get control over them and get them to go backstage.[/I] [B]THE WINNERS – The Strongbows[/B] [B]“Superstar” Billy Graham interview (B- Rating)[/B] [I]Ring announcer Howard Finkel enters the ring and introduces Lord Alfred Hayes who is handed the microphone from the Fink.[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes[/B]: Ladies and Gentleman..my guest at this time..”Superstar” Billy Graham… [I]The majority of the fans boo as the Superstar makes his way down to the ring for the upcoming interview; “Superstar” Billy Graham is alone for this interview without the usual company of his manager the Grand Wizard.[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes [/B]- Okay Superstar, first of all I wish to update fans who may not have heard, WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund has made it clear that ideally he would defend his title against you as soon as possible, but WWF matchmakers are holding up the proceedings as they see this to be a high profile match and they want to make sure it takes place at the right time. [B]Billy Graham[/B] – You honestly believe these stories that Bobby and his people are spinning? Come on Lord Alfred, You are too smart for that. Bob Backlund is just hiding behind anything he can to assure that he can live out his fantasy of thinking he is the true World Champion for another day. Everybody is going to have to see the truth that the All American Boy is the All American Chicken and he turned chicken upon the return of the leaner and meaner Superstar. I am worth the ticket fee; I am the man to see, I am greater then any other man can be, People come from near and far, Just for a glimpse of the Superstar. [B]Lord Alfred Hayes [/B]– Superstar it is clear to everybody that you WILL get a title shot, it is just a matter of when, but tonight Ray “The Crippler” Stevens faces Bob Backlund in a non title match and Ray has made it clear that if he wins he will demand a rematch with Bob with the title on the line and you will have to step aside. What do you make of this claim? [B]Billy Graham [/B]– Ray Stevens could very well beat Backlund tonight and part of me hopes that he does Lord Alfred, But I am the Superstar Billy Graham, I am the man of the hour, the one with the power, too sweet to be sour…I step aside for nobody, trust me.. Nobody is going to come between me and that Championship belt. [B]Lord Alfred Hayes [/B]– Well Superstar, I thank you for your time. [B]Jimmy Snuka vs. Samula (C- Rating)[/B] [I]*Jimmy Snuka gets on the microphone briefly prior to the bout and asks the fans if they want Samula’s manager Captain Lou Albano banned from ringside, the fans cheer in approval to this idea. The referee considers doing so which causes Captain Lou to get into a massive argument with the ref, this brings the referee to his final decision of banning Albano from ringside, Captain Lou is furious but he is escorted to the backstage area by security. *Snuka looked good out there but he failed to click with Samula which hurt the match quality. *The Superfly impresses with a quick and decisive win over Samula, Snukas unique attacks outmatch the strength of the Samoan, the trademark Superfly Splash finishes off Samula at just 2 minutes and 47 seconds.[/I] [B]WINNER – Jimmy Snuka[/B] [B]Captain Lou returns (B+ Rating)[/B] [I]Following the match as the Superfly celebrates he is interrupted by Captain Lou Albano who returns to ringside with a microphone in hand.[/I] [B]Captain Lou Albano [/B]– I promise you Snuka you hear me? I promise you that my new charge will be revealed soon and he shall ruin your career. Everything I said this past week on Rogers’s corner will come true. If it is the last thing I ever do in this business I will see to it that your career is ended. [I]Jimmy Snuka steps out of the ring and he begins to walk over to Captain Lou Albano with a look of anger, Captain Lou Albano quickly drops the microphone and leaves the ringside area. With Captain Lou in retreat the Superfly steps back into the ring to celebrate with the fans some more.[/I] [B]Ivan Putski and Pedro Morales vs. the Masked Superstar and Don Muraco (C+ rating)[/B] [I]*As the bout begins Pedro Morales points at Don Muraco and then proceeds to make a belt motion around his waist which makes it clear to Muraco that Pedro wants an Intercontinental title bout. *Don Muraco’s performance stood out as being very good in this match. *At one point in the match Ivan Putski hits Don Muraco with the Polish Hammer, something which he had tried to do and failed at on the previous weeks house show. Ivan Putski goes for the pin fall on Muraco but it is broken up by Muraco’s partner the Masked Superstar. Putski tries hard to hide his frustration at this but it is still noticeable. *In a match ending that bought the crowd to its feet Ivan Putski and Pedro Morales won the bout when Pedro Morales pinned the Intercontinental Champion Don Muraco following a Knee Drop Backbreaker. The match time was 7 minutes and 38 seconds. *As Ivan Putski and Pedro Morales celebrated there win Pedro was once again seen making belt motions around his own waist, Don Muraco looked furious as he walked back to the locker room with both the Masked Superstar and the Grand Wizard trying to calm him down.[/I] [B]WINNERS – Ivan Putski and Pedro Morales[/B] [B]NON TITLE MATCH: Bob Backlund vs. Ray “The Crippler” Stevens (B Rating)[/B] [I]*This match lifted the crowd *The match began with a collar and elbow tie up; Stevens soon broke this up and planted some hard punches into the mid section of Bob Backlund. *Stevens persisted in his acts of aggression against Backlund, living up to billing of the Crippler, Stevens made it clear that a clean technical wrestling match was not his top priority; He was out there to hurt Backlund and make an impression on the Champ. *Backlund battled back by making full use of his technical wrestling abilities. Eventually Backlund locked on the Crossface ChickenWing, he locked it on well and Ray Stevens was close to submitting. *Shockingly Bob Orton Jr. came down to ringside and he got the attention of Bob Backlund when he slapped Backlund’s manager Arnold Skaaland. *Bob Backlund was visibly upset by what was going on outside the ring, and with his attentions away from the match he fell victim to a small package from Ray Stevens….1…2..3, Stevens wins at the time of 12.39[/I] [B]WINNER – Ray Stevens [/B] [B]Post match antics (C Rating)[/B] [I]At this point Bob Backlunds attentions are clearly far from the match he just lost, As Ray Stevens celebrates in the ring Bob Backlund quickly leaves the ring and gets between Bob Orton Jr. and Arnold Skaaland. Backlund and Orton Jr. argue for a few moments until Orton attempts to punch Backlund, the punch is blocked by Backlund. The fans cheer for Backlund to punch Orton, but before Backlund can respond…WHAM, steel chair from “Superstar” Billy Graham who has come down to ringside plants Backlund right in the back. Backlund falls to the concrete floor and Arnold Skaaland calls for security. The security guards get around the fallen Bob Backlund and Arnold Skaaland which protects them from anymore attacks. The Grand Wizard comes down to ringside and laughs along with his two clients Billy Graham and Bob Orton Jr. It would seem this was a set up with Orton playing the distraction to allow the Superstar to carry out this attack. Fans pelt the Grand Wizard, Bob Orton Jr. and “Superstar” Billy Graham with garbage before they hastily head to the backstage area.[/I] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING – B (The Show was a success…”Superstar” Billy Graham arrived very late for this show)[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF News (Saturday, Week 2 of April, 1983)[/B] [COLOR="Red"]***-MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT…. Hulk Hogan signs a 12 month contract with the World Wrestling Federation.-***[/COLOR] [IMG]http://www.geocities.com/wcwavi/sfhoganh26.jpg[/IMG] [I]On Friday the world of Wrestling received word of the news that Vince McMahon Jr. had secured the services of the Incredible Hulk Hogan. With the WWF acquiring the services of such a charismatic and well known figure the rest of the territories are said to be concerned over what kind of success the combination of Hulk Hogan and Vince McMahon Jr. could achieve. The AWA did not need any more blows after losing some of there top talents over the past few weeks but the loss of Hogan is potentially the most devastating thing that could happen to Verne Gagne’s company at this point. Due to the working agreement the WWF has in place with NJPW it is said that Hogan’s appearances in Japan will be unaffected. It is also said that Hogan will debut in the WWF in dramatic fashion that will be sure to capitalize on his public image due to his appearance a year ago in Rocky 3 as well as the reputation he has established for himself as a Main event act in the AWA and NJPW.[/I] [B]Coming up on this weeks episode of WWF Championship Wrestling[/B] [B]The 8th Wonder of the World, the one and only ANDRE THE GIANT shall be in action.[/B] [B]WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund will be in attendance and he has asked for time to address “Superstar” Billy Graham. “The Crippler” Ray Stevens shall be in attendance WWF Intercontinental Champion Don Muraco shall be in action WWF Tag Team Champions the Strongbows will defend there titles against the Wild Samoans in a rematch from this past Thursday. Buddy Rogers shall have a special guest on “Rogers Corner”, making his first WWF appearance…”Rowdy” Roddy Piper All of this and much more is promised in what shall surely be a memorable Sunday night from the Washington Coliseum. [/B] [/CENTER] (OOC- Feedback of any kind is welcome.)

Looking very nice, but you need the Road Warriors! Color me dumb, but until I just read it, I never realised Hogan made Rocky III BEFORE coming to WWF :o (And the sad thing is, I considered myself to have a reasonable grasp of film knowledge!)

Looks like Hulkamania is about to run wild on the WWF! That's the good thing about using the WWF for DOTT. It's easier from a name standpoint, but the challenge will come when you have to manage all those egoes that arrive that realize they are nothing more than JTTS (jobbers to the stars) for Hulk Hogan. :-)

[CENTER] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Sunday Week 2, April 1983 DC - Washington Coliseum Being held in front of 5,000 people and airing live on U.S Syndication Small 1 [/B] [B]Pre show matches and segments:[/B] [QUOTE][B]Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee vs. the Invaders (C- Rating)[/B] [I]*This was a nice back and forth contest designed to warm up the crowd and make both teams look strong. Classy Freddie Blassie did some good work at ringside. *Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee gained the victory at 9 minutes and 37 seconds when Tiger Chung Lee made Invader 2 submit following a nerve hold. *Following the match the Invaders had a brief argument with one another before shaking hands and seemingly putting any bad feeling to rest.[/I] [B]WINNERS – Mr. Fuji and Tiger Chung Lee [/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Tony Garea vs. Charlie Fulton (D rating)[/B] [I]*Move along, nothing too exciting to see here, it was just a 6 minute showcase for Garea who finished off Fulton via submission at 6:23 with the Octopus hold. [/I] [B]WINNER – Tony Garea[/B][/QUOTE] [I]Now it is time for the TV show….[/I] [B]……..WWF CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING…….[/B] [IMG]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4452/wwfchampionshipwrestlinoq8.png[/IMG] [I]The show opens with no music, just a shot of a serious looking Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson at the ringside commentary table. Both men have a very somber tone to there voice…[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] Hello fans and welcome to what will no doubt be another exciting edition of WWF Championship Wrestling, we have the WWF Tag team titles on the line as the Strongbow’s defend there gold against Captain Lou Albano’s Wild Samoans and we also have the 8th wonder of the World Andre the Giant in action tonight, but first we have some rather distressing news stemming from this past Thursdays WWF show at the New York Fisher Hall when Bob Backlund faced Ray “The Crippler” Stevens in a non title match. [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] For fans not in attendance or fans who have not yet heard, Ray Stevens defeated Bob Backlund following Bob Orton Jr. coming down to ringside and distracting the Champion when he laid hands on his manager Arnold Skaaland. [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] This alone would have been bad enough but unfortunately it did not stop there when..well, I believe we have some video footage recorded from the show that will give you a glimpse of just what took place, I have to warn viewers..some of you may find this footage distressing. [B]Backlund/Graham video package (C+ Rating)[/B] [I]We are shown video footage from the New York Fisher Hall showing Bob Backlund confronting Bob Orton Jr., Only to be laid out by a chair shot from behind by “Superstar” Billy Graham. Following this footage we go back to Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson…[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] Well, we all knew that “Superstar” Billy Graham wanted a title shot and that match is in the process of being signed and set in stone, but to go to these lengths? [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] This is the World Wrestling Federation Vince and it is the home of the most valued titles in the sport today, understandably many competitors take that very seriously but there is still a line, and the Grand Wizards men “Superstar” Billy Graham and Bob Orton Jr. crossed it in my opinion. [QUOTE][B]WWF Tag Team title match – The Strongbows (Champions) vs. the Wild Samoans (Challengers) (C- Rating)[/B] [I]*Sadly these two teams could not replicate the quality of there untelevised match at the New York Fisher Hall for this televised outing. *Just like the New York Fisher Hall bout the match degenerated into a brawl involving all four men that the referee struggled to control, but this time the bout ended by pinfall when Jules Strongbow rolled Sika up for the win at the time of 8 minutes and 41 seconds. The Strongbows are still the WWF Tag Team Champions.[/I] [B]WINNERS – The Strongbows[/B][/QUOTE] [B]“ROGERS CORNER” with your host Buddy Rogers (C+ Rating)[/B] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Hello and welcome to this week’s edition of Rogers Corner, It is no secret that I like to use this segment to not only interview some of the biggest names the WWF has to offer but I want to make it clear to everybody that I also like to use it as a platform for new competitors to introduce themselves. Everybody who has made a name for themselves in this business, from yours truly to Bruno Sammartino right up to Bob Backlund..we all had to start somewhere, My guest this week is making his first ever appearance in the WWF, I introduce to you all from Glasgow, Scotland…Roddy Piper![/COLOR] [I]The newcomer to the WWF Roddy Piper walks onto the set of Rogers Corner with a big smile on his face, Piper shakes the hand of Buddy Rogers before sitting down in the seat next to him. Piper is wearing a kilt and a shirt that has “Hot Rod” written on it.[/I] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Mr. Piper, Welcome to Rogers Corner and thank you for being here.[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]No No No NOOOOOOOO, I have to thank YOU man, the Nature Boy Buddy Rogers..HA, Seriously I gotta thank you man; it is good of you to give me a chance to introduce myself to these people, and I knows you gots your questions for me but first of all I got a few presents for ya, Just to show you how thankful I am. [/COLOR] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well I appreciate that but it is not necessary, if we can just…[/COLOR] [I](Piper interrupts Rogers)[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]No man, I insist, you must have your presents. I have to show I am a thankful guest.[/COLOR] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well, Okay then[/COLOR] [I]Roddy Piper walks off camera and comes back to his seat with two presents which are both wrapped up.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Open up the one with the red wrapping first man. I just know your gonna love it. HA[/COLOR] [I]Buddy Rogers opens up the present with the red wrapping, it is history book titled “Pre historic Earth”.[/I] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]What’s this all about?[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Well there Mr. Rogers I heard that’s you likes your reading and what’s better then a good history book to bury yourself in hey? HA, and this book on the Pre Historic times should make you feel right at home pal, it will take you all the way back to your glory days…No need to thank me man, This is all out of the goodness of my heart.[/COLOR] [I]Buddy Rogers looks annoyed, He is well aware that Roddy Piper is disrespecting him.[/I] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]I’ll play along with you Piper, this is not the first time somebody has tried making a name for themselves by disrespecting me, but I think this is a sad way about going about this opportunity I have given you to showcase yourself. You do not impress me and you do not impress any of these fans. [/COLOR] [I]Roddy Piper looks shocked and saddened[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Noooooooooooo man, you have got it all wrong, the last thing I want to do is disrespect a legendary figure like yourself. My present buying has never been the best, but it’s the thought that counts…right man?[/COLOR] [I]Buddy Rogers put the other present which is still unopened down[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]What? You are not going to open it? But this is the best present of the two, Come on man, you gotta open it.[/COLOR] [I]Buddy Rogers gets up from his seat and looks down on Roddy Piper who is still seated[/I] [B]Buddy Rogers:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Let me tell you something Son, I have seen the likes of you come and go in this business. I thought you were something special but you conned me in order to get on this segment. I wish you the best of luck in your WWF career but I see where this interview is going and I want no part of it, I don’t want to play any part in promoting you to these people. You are no wrestler..You are just a MOUTH.[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Just a mouth huh? Well Mr. Rogers, if I am just a Mouth, it is a good job that when I come to fighting I always keep a HAMMER close by. [/COLOR] [I]As Piper finishes his sentence Buddy Rogers is attacked from behind by Greg “The Hammer” Valentine who is returning to the WWF. Rogers falls to the floor and Valentine lays kicks into him, Piper gets up from his seat and joins Valentine in the assault on the fallen Rogers. Piper then takes the unopened present and opens it up; it is a life time pass to the Washington Museum,[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Ladies and Gentleman allow me to introduce to you my bodyguard, Greg “The Hammer” Valentine. [/COLOR] [I]The crowd boos[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Oh and Mr. Rogers, this is your lifetime Museum pass so you can go and join all the other relics. HA HAAAAA[/COLOR] [I]Piper places the Museum pass on the chest of the fallen Buddy Rogers.[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]This little spot right here may be Rogers Corner, but from now on, the WWF is PIPER’S WORLD.[/COLOR] [I]Security rushes the set of Rogers Corner to help Buddy Rogers. Roddy Piper hugs Greg Valentine and they both leave together as the crowd boos them both out of the building.[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] Fans I apologize, Buddy Rogers looks to be hurt quite badly but be assured that security is on the scene and doctors will attend to him, we shall give you an update on his condition as soon as we have it. [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] and as for Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine, if I said what I felt about those two I think we would get kicked off the air, WWF does not need scum like these two. [QUOTE][B]Non title Match WWF Intercontinental Champion Don Muraco vs. S.D. Jones (B- Rating)[/B] [I]*Don Muraco is accompanied to ringside by his manager the Grand Wizard. *Muraco did not seem to be a good mood, still angry from the events of Thursday night at the New York Fisher Hall. *Muraco pulverized S.D. Jones in this one sided contest before finishing him off with an Inverted Piledriver at the short time of 5 minutes and 39 seconds.[/I] [B]WINNER – Don Muraco [/B][/QUOTE] [B]Muraco speaks out (B- Rating)[/B] [I]Following the match Don Muraco visibly annoyed when the fans start a chant of “Pedro”. The Grand Wizard enters the ring and tries to cover the ears of his client but Muraco storms around the ring in a fury, Muraco then leaves the ring and grabs a microphone from ring announcer Howard Finkel [/I] [B]Don Muraco:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Pedro Morales, Pedro Morales..PEDRO MORALES, aghhhhhhhhhh, that name is all I have heard since Thursday night. What is it with you people and Pedro Morales??[/COLOR] [I]The fans continue there chant for Pedro which further infuriates Don Muraco.[/I] [B]Don Muraco:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Pedro Morales you got lucky on Thursday in that tag team match when you and Ivan Putski scored a victory over me and the Masked Superstar, or at least you think you got lucky, in reality you have just assured that this foolish dream of yours will continue until I am forced to bring you back to the real world with force. If you refuse to let this dream go and you continue to come after me and my Intercontinental title I shall be left with no choice but to devastate any hopes you and these fans have, do you hear me Pedro? I am the WWF Intercontinental Champion and that is how it shall stay for a very long time. [/COLOR] [I]The fans chant a new chant of “Muraco sucks”[/I] [B]Don Muraco:[/B] [COLOR="red"]You people better listen up because I am giving Pedro Morales one last warning, I have never been more serious in my life, Pedro can either quietly step down by choice or I shall make sure he steps down by force. [/COLOR] [I]Don Muraco throws the microphone down and leaves the ringside area along with the Grand Wizard. [/I] [QUOTE][B]Andre the Giant vs. Johnny Rodz (B- Rating)[/B] [I]*This match lifted the crowd as it was an opportunity for them to see Andre the Giant in action. *Johnny Rodz posed no threat to the 8th Wonder of the World; Andre had fun with Rodz before putting him away at the 3:42 with a Butt Drop. *Following the match Andre the Giant celebrated with the crowd and he took his time to interact with the ringside fans as he headed to the backstage area.[/I] [B]WINNER - Andre the Giant[/B][/QUOTE] [B]The Grand Wizard says it is time (B- Rating)[/B] [I]Vince McMahon Jr. takes to the ring with a microphone[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Ladies and Gentleman, accompanied by his manager the Grand Wizard of Wrestling, this is “Superstar” Billy Graham [/COLOR] [I]The fans are hostile as the Grand Wizard and the Superstar head down to ringside, security heavily protect both men as they make there way down the isle and into the ring. [/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]As I am sure you are both aware the WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund is in attendance tonight and…[/COLOR] [I]“Superstar” Billy Graham snatches the microphone of out Vince’s grasp and hands it to his manager the Grand Wizard. [/I] [B]Grand Wizard:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Good, if he is in attendance he should come out to this ring right now and give Billy Graham what he wants; the time for talking is over. [/COLOR] [B]Enter the Champion (C Rating)[/B] [I]The fans begin to cheer as the Champion Bob Backlund walks down to ringside with taped up back and with a serious look of determination in his eyes. Backlund is followed to the ring by two men in suits who are holding some paper work. Bob Backlund gets into the ring with the two men...[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Bob Backlund thank you for joining us. First of all I must ask how is Arnold Skaaland?[/COLOR] [B]Bob Backlund:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]He is fine thank you Vince, but that does not make what the Grand Wizard had Bob Orton Jr. do to him any less insulting. [/COLOR] [I]“Superstar” Billy Graham gets into Bob Backlund’s face, the two men stare one another down. [/I] [B]The Grand Wizard:[/B] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Look into his eyes Backlund, Look into the eyes of the man that deep down you know is the rightful WWF Heavyweight Champion. Look at the man who is going to end you. [/COLOR] [I]Bob Backlund is handed a microphone of his own by Vince McMahon Jr.[/I] [B]Bob Backlund:[/B][COLOR="Red"] “Superstar” Billy Graham you have left me with no choice but to speak out, I was greatly insulted by the route you have taken in order to get my attentions. This was a route you did not need to go down, there was never a question of you getting a title shot. The WWF matchmakers have taken there time on this one but tonight you shall be happy to know that the two men with me are from the WWF Championship Match committee and they have promised me that a title match will be signed right now, but nobody will be happier then me because I cannot wait for a match with you. I want this situation between us ended as it is growing way out of control. [/COLOR] [B]Billy Graham:[/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Well finally it seems you have lost your yellow streak Bobby, or at least you are smart enough to embrace the fact that I am the better man and I am the true Champion. Let’s get this match signed..[/COLOR] [B]Bob Backlund:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Billy Graham I agree, lets get this match signed, but I want to just say that to me Wrestling is not about managers being assaulted, it is not about being hit with a steel chair in the back. It is about a competition between two men to see who is better, and despite your tactics I appreciate and respect that you are one of the greatest wrestlers in the sport today. When you and I meet I shall try my best to win as I always do, but win or lose I shall not allow you to go unpunished for the hurt you have caused me, my fans, and Arnold Skaaland. This match is not just a sporting contest to me, it is personal.[/COLOR] [I]Vince McMahon goes to take the papers from the WWF Championship Match committee members but they refuse to give Vince the papers and instead ask for a microphone which is puzzling to Vince McMahon, Bob Backlund, “Superstar” Billy Graham and the Grand Wizard. Vince hands the microphone to one of the Committee members..[/I] [B]Committee member:[/B] I am sorry Gentlemen but there must have been a mistake in communications. Tonight will indeed see a WWF Heavyweight title match signed, but it shall not involve “Superstar” Billy Graham. [B]Billy Graham:[/B] [COLOR="red"]WHAT????[/COLOR] [B]Committee member:[/B] Following the events at the New York Fisher Hall this past Thursday which saw Ray “the Crippler” Stevens win a non title match against Bob Backlund, It is Mr.Stevens who is the number one contender, Not you Mr. Graham. [B]Grand Wizard:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]Noooo, This is an outrage, Stevens only won due to the distraction from my client Bob Orton Jr., this is an outrage and this is a complete crock. [/COLOR] [B]Enter the Crippler (B Rating)[/B] [I]Ray Stevens walks down to ringside with a smile on his face. Stevens gets into the ring and takes a microphone...[/I] [B]Ray Stevens:[/B] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]Billy Graham, I told you that if I beat Bob Backlund in a non title match you would have to step aside and that is what has happened. You are out of the picture and I shall go on and become the new WWF Heavyweight Champion. [/COLOR] [B]Bob Backlund:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I have to disagree with that. I believe that in a fair match I can defeat you.[/COLOR] [B]Billy Graham:[/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Forget him Bobby, I am still the Number one contender, I am the Superstar..it is going to be me who faces you.[/COLOR] [B]Ray Stevens:[/B] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]Hey Graham, what part of Ray Stevens as the number one contender do you not understand? You and the Grand Wizard can leave; this situation no longer involves you. [/COLOR] [B]Billy Graham:[/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]If you want me to leave you are going to have to make me leave.[/COLOR] [B]Ray Stevens:[/B] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]I may just do that[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Calm down, Lets get these contracts signed. [/COLOR] [I]The WWF Championship match Committee members hand contracts to Bob Backlund and Ray Stevens, both Backlund and Stevens sign the contracts as the Grand Wizard and “Superstar” Billy Graham watch on in anger.[/I] [B]Committee member:[/B] It is now signed and 100% confirmed. Bob Backlund shall defend his WWF Heavyweight title against Ray Stevens; this match shall take place next week on Championship Wrestling at the Philadelphia Arena. [B]Ray Stevens:[/B] [COLOR="YellowGreen"]Enjoy your last week with that gold Bob Backlund. [/COLOR] [B]Billy Graham:[/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I have heard enough of this.[/COLOR] [I]Billy Graham gets into Ray Stevens face and the two men get into a heated argument which looks like it shall soon get physical. Security rushes into the ring and separates both men. Both Ray Stevens and Billy Graham are escorted to the backstage area. The Grand Wizard is also asked to leave. [/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="royalblue"]Well Bob, we are almost out of television time, any last words on the title match with Ray Stevens next week?[/COLOR] [B]Bob Backlund:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I want to first do something I am surprised at myself over but I want to apologize to Billy Graham if he thinks I mislead him deliberately. I wanted the match just as much as you Billy and I am confident it shall still take place as I am confident in my ability to beat Ray Stevens next week and remain the Champion. [/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Well Bob I wish you luck in your title match next week but that is all we have time for this week on WWF Championship Wrestling. Until next time, goodbye everybody.[/COLOR] [I]The show quickly cuts to footage from the backstage area showing security separating Billy Graham and Ray Stevens who are still in an argument. The show then ends.[/I] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING – C+ (Buddy Rogers was used far too much, Roddy Piper arrived late for this show (His first night on the job as well, not a sign of things to come I hope) TV Rating – 1.48 Do not miss next weeks edition of WWF Championship Wrestling as Bob Backlund defends the WWF Heavyweight title against Ray “The Crippler” Stevens.[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF in Your Neighborhood preview for the upcoming April, Week 3 card live from the Douglas Everitt Center.[/B] [IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5584/wwfinyourneigbourhoodju0.png[/IMG] [B]NON TITLE MATCH – WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund vs. Bob Orton Jr.[/B] Before Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund defends his gold against Ray Stevens on next weeks edition of Championship Wrestling he shall meet Bob Orton Jr. in a match that has a personal string attached to it after Bob Orton Jr. slapped Backlund’s manager Arnold Skaaland last week, Bob Backlund is happy about the making of this match and reportedly so is Bob Orton Jr., the one person who has expressed his unhappiness at the match making is the Grand Wizard, the manager of Orton, Grand Wizard had the following to say.. [B]Grand Wizard:[/B] [I]Usually I would be happy about Bob Orton Jr. getting such a match, Orton Jr. can defeat Backlund any day of the week, but why would I want one of my clients weakening Backlund just days before he defends his title against Ray Stevens? It is a joke that Stevens got that title shot in the first place, there is only one true number one contender and he is the rightful Champion, “Superstar” Billy Graham, but still, I cannot overrule this match making, so don’t expect Orton to hold back. I have told him to beat Backlund like a dog, just like Graham would if he was getting a title shot next week.[/I] [B]Ivan Putski vs. Big John Studd [/B] Ivan Putski expressed his desire to challenge Big John Studd last week, saying that he sees Studd as a challenge he can overcome, now Ivan gets the chance to see if he is right. Big John Studds manager “Classy” Freddie Blassie had the following to say on his clients behalf.. [B]Freddie Blassie:[/B] [I]All of the pencil neck geeks are getting excited at the making of this match, well they are fools. It is going to be a 5 minute job for Studd, if that. He won’t even break a sweat. Ivan Putski is going to be shown up as he is not in the same league as Big John Studd, Not even close. [/I] [B]Also on the card[/B] [B]Two tag team matches Jimmy Snuka and Pedro Morales vs. Samula and Don Muraco and The Wild Samoans vs The Soul Patrol And if that is not enough... The 8th Wonder of the World Andre the Giant shall also be in action. Get your ticket today [/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF in Your Neighborhood (Thursday, Week 3, April 1983) Live at the NH - Douglas Everitt Center 2,000 people in attendance [/B] [IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5584/wwfinyourneigbourhoodju0.png[/IMG] [B]All of your hate belongs to us (D+ Rating)[/B] [I]The crowd boo as the show starts with WWF newcomer Roddy Piper making his way down to ringside, the crowd are still angry after the events on Rogers Corner this past Sunday. Roddy Piper smiles as the crowd boo him, seemingly enjoying the response. Piper takes a microphone from ringside and steps into the ring…[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]and to think, I was actually looking forward to coming out to this place to see all of you people, HA, but I guess I was foolish to expect you all to show a guy like me any kind of respect. You all seem to have a problem with respecting a new up and coming hungry pup like myself taking the old veteran lion Buddy Rogers to task, I took a guy to task who calls himself of all things. The Nature Boy, HA, that’s one funny name isn’t it? In my circles any guy calling himself the Nature Boy isn’t the kind of guy to be hanging around with, but if this so called Nature Boy understands anything about Nature he should understand that nothing lasts forever and eventually everybody’s got to pay the Piper. [/COLOR] [I]The fans start a chant of “Piper Sucks”[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Awwwww, that’s so kind of you all, I realize you people are not that smart and you have the word “sucks” mixed up with word “rules”, I wont take any offence people.. Put please; don’t give me all the credit. I was not alone; I want to introduce to all of you the man who is my bodyguard, now I may be the Judge and the Jury. But he is my executioner and he is the man who wont hesitate in putting the hammer down on anybody I deem unfit to inhabit Pipers World….try and show some class and give a warm welcome to Greg “The Hammer” Valentine. [/COLOR] [I]The fans boo louder as Greg Valentine makes his way down to ringside for his upcoming match with Eddie Gilbert. [/I] [QUOTE][B]Greg “The Hammer” Valentine vs. Eddie Gilbert (C+ Rating)[/B] [B]*Greg Valentine looked very good out there. *Eddie Gilbert held his own against Valentine but despite his best efforts he was never a major threat to the overly dominate Valentine. *The finish came when Greg Valentine tied Gilbert up in the ropes and laid some axe handle shots into his exposed chest, the referee freed Gilbert from the ropes but by this point the damage was done, Valentine then finished Gilbert off with the Hammer Elbow Drop which led to the winning pinfall at the time of 7:53.[/B] [B]THE WINNER – Greg “The Hammer” Valentine[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Wild Samoans vs. the Soul Patrol (C- Rating) *This was a close back and forth contest from start to finish with both teams taking it to one another. *The finish to the match came when Captain Lou Albano distracted the referee which allowed both Samoans to double team Rocky Johnson with a double clothesline followed by a double elbow drop, Rocky Johnson then got finished off with a Samoan Drop from Afa at the time of 8 minutes and 45 seconds. THE WINNERS – The Wild Samoans[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Ivan Putski vs. Big John Studd (C Rating) *Neither man sold much for the other in this bout which served to hurt the match rating. *To the delight of the crowd Ivan Putski scored the win in dramatic fashion, He connected with the Polish Hammer which sent Big John Studd crashing over the ropes to the outside of the ring, Studd failed to return to the ring by the referees count of ten which gave Putski the win at the time of 10 minutes and 28 seconds. THE WINNER – Ivan Putski[/B][/QUOTE] [B]The Captain speaks out (B+ Rating)[/B] [I]Captain Lou Albano is interviewed by Lord Alfred Hayes, Albano puts over the victory his Wild Samoans gained over the Soul Patrol earlier in the evening, He then goes on to say the wins for his clients will continue as Samula will team with Don Muraco to defeat the team of Pedro Morales and Jimmy Snuka. “Losing to Samula will be the easiest option for Snuka” says Albano “because he really does not want to meet the man I have lined up for him if all else fails.”[/I] [QUOTE][B]Jimmy Snuka and Pedro Morales vs. Samula and Don Muraco (B- Rating) *Jimmy Snuka and Don Muraco both looked very good out there which helped the match rating. *The finish came at 9 minutes and 25 seconds when Pedro Morales scored the pinfall victory over Don Muraco following a Knee Drop Back Breaker. This marks the 2nd time Pedro Morales has defeated Intercontinental Champion Don Muraco in a non title environment in recent weeks. THE WINNERS – Jimmy Snuka and Pedro Morales[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Andre the Giant vs. Don Kernodle (B Rating) *Andre the Giant looked very good out there which not only lifted the match rating but also the atmosphere of the crowd. *Kernodle held nothing back against Andre, trying to overwhelm him with speed based attacks, this was all for nothing though as Kernodle ran into the arms of Andre who applied a Bearhug, the Bearhug gave Kernodle no choice but to submit at the time of 6 minutes and 48 seconds. *Andre the Giant celebrated with the crowd following the match. THE WINNER – Andre the Giant[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Non Title Match WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund vs. Bob Orton Jr. (C+ Rating) *Bob Orton Jr. was on fire in the opening minutes of the match but eventually Bob Backlund managed to take Orton to the ground which allowed Backlund to take control with his submission based offence. *Orton managed to get back up to his feet and he briefly regained control but Bob Backlund scored the winning pinfall following a comeback that was finished off with an Atomic Spinecrusher, Backlund won at the time of 8 minutes and 17 seconds. THE WINNER – Bob Backlund[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Post match comments (B- Rating)[/B] [I]Following the match Bob Backlund asked Howard Finkel for a microphone as he had a few brief words for the fans…[/I] [B]Bob Backlund:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Thank you all for the letters and well wishes concerning my manager and good friend Arnold Skaaland. I want to let you all know he is fine and he will be even better when I phone him up and let him know I won this match.[/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer[/I] [B]Bob Backlund:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]This Sunday night I shall defend the WWF Heavyweight title against Ray Stevens and I am confident I shall come out victorious, I don’t plan on letting you people down, and then I will focus on “Superstar” Billy Graham. He will get a title shot, he deserves it and so do I, and so do you fans..we all deserve to find out once and for all who the better wrester is. Thank you all for coming out tonight, thank you for the support that means so much to me… travel home safely, and never forget, I am YOUR Champion. You people make me what I am.[/COLOR] [I]Bob Backlund bows before the fans to a round of applause and many cheers as the show comes to an end. [/I] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING – C+ [/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Sunday, Week 3, April 1983 Live in front of 5,000 people at PA - Philadelphia Arena Airing on U.S Syndication Small 1[/B] [IMG]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4452/wwfchampionshipwrestlinoq8.png[/IMG] [I]The show opens up with “Cars” by Gary Numan playing over the arenas P.A system, we are shown Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson sitting at the commentary table…[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Hello everybody and welcome to this weeks edition of WWF Championship Wrestling, tonight you shall see the WWF Heavyweight championship on the line as the champion Bob Backlund faces the man known as the Crippler, Ray Stevens. [/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B][COLOR="Blue"] I am excited about this one Vince; there is a big match feel in the arena tonight. [/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B][COLOR="Red"] I agree with you there, the WWF is in the middle of some exciting times right now and tonight we have some exciting news about a big show coming up at the end of the month. [/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]That is correct Vince, today tickets went on sale for the WWF Washington Wrestlefest which shall take place on the final Sunday of this month live at the Washington Armory.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Matches shall be announced for this show in the coming days and let me tell you Pat, from the rumors I have heard it is going to have quite the lineup of matches. [/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]I have been hearing things regarding this show also Vince and it is all sounding good.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]and fans please be aware that this show shall be airing via Closed Circuit television so if you cannot make it to the live event I encourage you to get in touch with your local provider, but what ever you do and whatever way you choose to see it, do NOT miss the Washington Wrestlefest.[/COLOR] [I]The fans in the arena begin to cheer as the team of Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson make there way down to the ringside area.[/I] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Listen to this response Vince. Talk about fan favorites[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Soul Patrol everybody, and in a few moments I am going to have an interview with this team. [/COLOR] [I]Vince McMahon steps up from the commentary table and heads over to the Soul Patrol to interview them…[/I] [B]Soul Patrol interview (C Rating)[/B] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Tony Atlas and Rocky Johnson, thank you for joining me. First of all I must say the popularity of you two seems to grow by the week. I mean just listen, the responses you guys get from this crowd, how does that make you both feel?[/COLOR] [B]Rocky Johnson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]It is an amazing buzz Vince and I feel that with the in ring electricity me and my partner Mr. USA Tony Atlas have got going for ourselves as well as the added power these fans supply us with week after week there is no stopping the Soul Patrol, full force foreword we go![/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Of course the top tag team in the WWF currently would be the team of the Tag Team Champions the Strongbows and they have the prize every tag team wants, but the team you two had a match with recently was another high profile team the Wild Samoans and sadly your team was not the victorious one. Has this loss knocked back your confidence somewhat?[/COLOR] [B]Tony Atlas:[/B] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]Not at all, Nobody likes losing Vince but the fact of the matter is the Wild Samoans are one of the toughest teams in the world today, Name me a team in this company that they have not defeated at some point? Rocky and I are going to have our ups and downs but the ups are going to outweigh the downs let me tell you, and sooner or later me and Rocky are going to achieve our dream of becoming the first Black WWF Tag Team Champions.[/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer in response to this[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]and what a historic moment that would be and you know that these fans will support you all the way, Tony and Rocky I thank you both for your time. [/COLOR] [B]Rocky Johnson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]No trouble Vince[/COLOR] [I]The team of the Invaders walks down to ringside which takes the Soul Patrol and Vince McMahon by surprise.[/I] [B]Vince McMahon: [/B][COLOR="Red"]The Invaders? What is this all about? [/COLOR] [B]Invading the spotlight (D+ Rating)[/B] [I]The Invaders approach the Soul Patrol and offer them handshakes..[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Well it looks like a show of respect from the Invaders towards the Soul Patrol.[/COLOR] [B]Tony Atlas:[/B] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]We appreciate it…[/COLOR] [I]The two teams shake hands but after the handshake the Invaders attack the Soul Patrol. The Soul Patrol fight back the attack but Tony Atlas gets rammed into the ring post which knocks him down, the two Invaders then team up on Rocky Johnson until he is also laid out. The Invaders turned heel in this segment, the heel turn went successfully.[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="red"]What is the meaning of this? [/COLOR] [I]The Invaders make the motion of calling somebody out from the backstage area...[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Who are you both calling? Haven’t you done enough damage?[/COLOR] [B]Pipers Plan (D+ Rating)[/B] [I]Roddy Piper walks down to ringside laughing, he walks over to both of the Invaders and taps them both on the back, the Invaders then step behind Roddy Piper as he approaches Vince McMahon…[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Roddy Piper? [/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]You all know that’s my name, but what you have to be asking yourself is if you know my game, HA[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]What is going on, how do you fit into the attack on the Soul Patrol we just witnessed?[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well let me ask you about the Invaders Vince, they are a fine team with unlimited potential…but do you recall any wins for them recently?[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]In all honesty I do not[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]It was obvious to me that these two men just needed a fresh spark to relight there fire and I am providing that spark. I have taken these two men who have been overlooked and under appreciated under my wing and I am going to guide them to the tag team titles McMahon and they are going to get the attention that teams like the Strongbows and the Soul Patrol are hogging. [/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Last week you and Greg Valentine attacked Buddy Rogers and this week you orchestrate an attack on the Soul Patrol, Just what type of brand of violence and ill conduct are you bringing to the World Wrestling Federation?[/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]The best brand of all McMahon, the Rowdy Brand, in your face and 100% Piper endorsed. HA[/COLOR] [I]The Soul Patrol get back up to there feet and go after Roddy Piper and the Invaders..[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Okay, Okay, Okay…play time is over, let’s go guys.[/COLOR] [I]Roddy Piper and the Invaders quickly head to the backstage area, the Soul Patrol are still in a weakened state but they pursue there attackers as fast as they can but Rocky Johnson falls to his knees in the isle way holding his back, Tony Atlas attends to his partner which allows the Invaders and Roddy Piper the time to get away.[/I] [B]Debut of the Dog (C+ Rating)[/B] [I]Classy Freddie Blassie leads his client Tiger Chung Lee to the ring for the next match..[/I] [B]Howard Finkel:[/B] and his opponent, making his World Wrestling Federation debut, from Wadesboro, North Carolina, he is the JUNKYARD DOG! [I]With Howard Finkel’s announcement the sound of Queen’s hit song “Another one bites the Dust” kicks in on the arenas sound system, the music teases the crowd as the Junkyard Dog does not appear until the song really kicks into motion, when the Junkyard Dog does appear his energetic entrance does not fail in getting the majority of the crowd up on there feet, with a dog collar around his neck the Junkyard Dog gets up onto the ring apron and stomps his right foot in time with the music before entering the ring, Tiger Chung Lee and his manager Freddie Blassie look on along with the crowd, trying to take in the entrance they are seeing…[/I] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Now that is how you make an entrance Vince…[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Indeed, I think this crowd have taken to the Junkyard Dog already, but let’s see how he handles himself in the ring, despite the fact we have been used to seeing him more in tag team action with his partner Mr.Fuji lately Tiger Chung Lee is a fine singles competitor and he is not going to be a walk in the park for this Dog. [/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Ha ha, seriously though Vince, I have seen the Junkyard Dog on the wrestling scene working for smaller companies while making a name for himself. This man has a unique style but it has served him well in the past and I think it shall serve him well here in the World Wrestling Federation.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Well referee Dick Woehrle is calling for the bell so we shall soon find out. [/COLOR] [QUOTE] [B]The Junkyard Dog vs. Tiger Chung Lee (C+ Rating) *Tiger Chung Lee strikes Junkyard Dog with some vicious chops in the opening stages of the contest but Tiger Chung Lee appears taken off guard when JYD just appears to shake off the attacks, Junkyard Dog then stomps his feet and with the cheers of the crowd he seems to energize himself. *Junkyard Dog takes control of the bout as he pushes Tiger Chung Lee into the corner and begins to strike him with some forearm shots, JYD then pulls his opponent out of the corner via a headlock, Out of the headlock JYD pushes Tiger Chung Lee into the ropes and as Tiger rebounds JYD meets him with a shoulder tackle, JYD then picks up the dazed Tiger Chung Lee and he delivers his finisher the Big Thump, JYD then covers his opponent for the match winning pinfall at the time of 5:19. THE WINNER – The Junkyard Dog[/B] [/QUOTE] [I]Following the match “Another one Bites the Dust” begins to play once again on the sound system as the Junkyard Dog begins to dance and celebrate his victory.[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="red"]What an interesting individual this Junkyard Dog is, He has certainly won these fans over in a major way and he has made a fan out of me also.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Mark my words Vince, this man is going to go far in the World Wrestling Federation. The sky is the limit for him as far as I am concerned.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I believe Lord Alfred Hayes is entering the ring to try and get an interview with this impressive newcomer.[/COLOR] [B]JYD Interview (C Rating)[/B] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Junkyard Dog, welcome to the World Wrestling Federation and I must say that was quite the victory.[/COLOR] [B]Junkyard Dog:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well thank you but let me tell you right now that this win was just the first in a long chain of many wins to come, I am going to scratch and claw and bite my way through the finest the World Wrestling Federation has to offer. Every Dog has its day and my day is coming soon. So to anybody who wants to fight JYD…Look for that big red sign saying “Beware of the Dog”, and if you choose to walk past that sign then your going to find yourself in a good old down and dirty dog fight…Owwwwwwwwwwww Grrrrrrrrrrr[/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Junkyard Dog I thank you for your words and I wish you all the best in your WWF career. [/COLOR] [I]As Lord Alfred Hayes leaves the ring the music of the Junkyard Dog once again kicks in on the sound system and for the third time he dances for the crowd before making his way back to the backstage area, making sure to tap the hand of every fan he passes on the way.[/I] [I]Next, the fans begin to boo and chuck trash as Greg “The Hammer” Valentine heads down to ringside accompanied by Roddy Piper, As they make there way to the ring Roddy Piper looks back many times, probably due to worry that the Soul Patrol are still in pursuit of him.[/I] [QUOTE][B]Greg “The Hammer” Valentine vs. Tito Santana (C+ Rating) *This was a solid match with the crowd behind Tito Santana all of the way, Santana gave Valentine a good fight but victory was just not meant to be on this night, As the match progressed Valentine overwhelmed Santana with some high impact blows to the back and the chest. Valentine then focused on Santana’s left arm and at one point it seemed as if Santana could barely put weight on the arm at all without terrible pain, Valentine applied a step over arm bar to this left arm, Santana tried to fight out but the pain became to much for him to withstand, Greg Valentine won at the time of 10 minutes and 32 seconds. Valentine and Santana failed to click in this bout which hurt some aspects of it. THE WINNER – Greg “The Hammer” Valentine[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Big John Studd’s challenge (B- Rating)[/B] [I]Gorilla Monsoon stands at ringside with a microphone in hand ready to conduct an interview...[/I] [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]Okay everybody this should be interesting as my guest at this time is Big John Studd along with his manager Classy Freddie Blassie. Let’s see what these two have got to say for themselves[/COLOR]. [I]An angry looking Freddie Blassie leads out his client, an equally angry looking Big John Studd.[/I] [B]Freddie Blassie:[/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Tell me two things Gorilla Monsoon, earlier tonight why did one of my clients have to fight a dancing dog with a collar around his neck who barks quite happily for these people and also tell me why these Pencil necked geeks cheer for that type of thing?[/COLOR] [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]What can I say Freddie? These people loved the Junkyard Dog.[/COLOR] [B]Freddie Blassie:[/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Gah, well that Dog will get what is coming to him, but right now my man Big John Studd has something he wants to say, So go ahead and tell them John. [/COLOR] [B]Big John Studd:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Ivan Putski, this past Thursday you defeated me. [/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer[/I] [B]Big John Studd:[/B] [COLOR="red"]but you defeated me via a count out as I could not get back into the ring by the count of ten. You did not pin me Putski and you never will, but I know for sure that I can pin you. I am challenging you to a rematch at the upcoming end of month show the Washington Wrestlefest, and at the Washington Wrestlefest I am going to show the world that you cannot pin me but I can pin you. Then any talk of you defeating me shall be put to rest. [/COLOR] [B]Freddie Blassie:[/B] [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]and I have asked for a specific stipulation in the contract of this rematch, there shall be NO count outs, the only way you can win this match is via pinfall or submission. Ivan Putski there is no way you can pin Big John Studd and there is no chance that you can make him submit, so are you man enough to accept the challenge Putski? Are you brave enough to accept a match in which you have no shortcuts available to you? A match that you cannot possibly win?[/COLOR] [I]Big John Studd and Freddie Blassie leave and head backstage, both men now look pleased with themselves.[/I] [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]Quite a challenge there for what could potentially be a huge match for the upcoming Washington Wrestlefest, will Ivan Putski accept the challenge? Personally I think that he will, but for now Vince it is back to you and Pat Patterson.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Thank you Gorilla, It is now time for the match everybody has been waiting for, the WWF Heavyweight Championship match...[/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]WWF Heavyweight title match Bob Backlund (Champion) vs. Ray Stevens (Challenger) (B- Rating) *This match lifted the crowd. *Manager Arnold Skaaland was back at ringside with Bob Backlund for the first time since the incident with Bob Orton Jr and “Superstar” Billy Graham. *Bob Backlund grappled with Stevens to begin the bout and he quickly went behind with a back grapple, Backlund was caught off guard when Stevens pushed himself backward sending Bob Backlund into the corner which crushed Backlund between the turnbuckle post and Stevens. *Stevens sent Backlund flying out of the corner with a snap mare, Stevens then alternated between knee drops and elbow drops on Backlund, Until Backlund eventually rolled out of the way. *With the match back in Backlund’s control Ray Stevens was worn down with some submission based mat work. Backlund made the mistake of bringing Stevens up to his feet and a suplex attempt from Backlund was reversed by Stevens into a roll up for the pin…1…2…but Backlund kicked out. *Stevens had control for the next few minutes of the match but Backlund soon regained his momentum and he resumed his Submission based mat work *Bob Backlund eventually locked Ray Stevens into the Crossface ChickenWing, Stevens soon realized his attempts to get out of the hold were in vain so he submitted; Bob Backlund won the bout retaining his WWF Heavyweight Championship at the time of 14 minutes and 53 seconds. *After the match Bob Backlund offered the losing Ray Stevens a handshake, Stevens looked to consider the handshake but eventually he shook his head and left the ring without shaking hands. THE WINNER – Bob Backlund[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]That match was all I hoped it would be Vince and so was the result.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Yes this crowd is very happy with the result of that contest also Pat. Bob Backlund still represents the World Wrestling Federation as the Heavyweight Champion. [/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Not to taint this moment at all Vince but you do have to think that “Superstar” Billy Graham is still waiting in the wings hoping his title shot request is granted by WWF matchmakers.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Oh most definitely, without question. That is a match that not only the wrestlers want but also these fans.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]I am not a WWF matchmaker Vince but if I was I would not think of any better place to have Backlund and Graham face off then at the Washington Wrestlefest at the end of the month.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Well we have had no official word yet so any talk of such a match is speculation, but personally Pat I agree with you, and until next time wrestling fans this has been Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson, make sure to join us next week for more big matches as well as more information on the Washington Wrestlefest, and if you cannot wait until next weeks episode you can always check out the World Wrestling Federation this coming Thursday night as we roll into New York for a show at Carnagie Hall, some big matches have already been signed for that show including Andre the Giant vs. Bob Orton Jr. as well as Big John Studd and Don Muraco teaming up to face the team of Ivan Putski and Pedro Morales….but whatever you do, Have a safe week. Goodnight everybo…[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Hang on Vince..do we still have a few seconds left on air?[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Yes, Quickly, what is it Pat?[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]I have just received word via my headset that another huge match has been signed for the Carnagie Hall show, and believe me this is HUGE…Jimmy Snuka and Bob Backlund will team up to face the team of Samula and get this..”Superstar” Billy Graham![/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Graham and Backlund in the same ring?..Oh my, fans we are definitely out of time now but what an announcement…Goodnight [/COLOR] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING – C+ TV Rating – 1.40[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [IMG]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2943/wwf83bannerxs6.png[/IMG] [B]\\\........MAJOR NEWS........///[/B] [B]Heavyweight championship match between Bob Backlund and Billy Graham is finally signed and it shall take place at the Washington Wrestlefest. Two other big matches also signed for the event. [/B] [B]WWF Heavyweight title match Bob Backlund vs. “Superstar” Billy Graham [/B] [I]Finally the match both Backlund and Graham have been wanting as well as all the WWF fans has finally been signed and given a date, the bout shall headline the upcoming Washington Wrestlefest and of course the WWF Heavyweight title will be on the line. Tickets for this event at the Washington Armory on the last Sunday of this month are available and going fast, fans can also see this event via Closed Circuit TV.[/I] [B]Also signed up for this event WWF Intercontinental title match Don Muraco vs. Pedro Morales [/B] [I]Pedro Morales has made it clear in recent weeks that he wants an Intercontinental title shot against current champion Don Muraco for a chance to win back the title he used to hold, Morales has also shown himself worthy of such a shot as in recent weeks he has also defeated Don Muraco in tag matches. The wish of Morales as well as all of his fans has been granted as he will get his title shot at the Washington Wrestlefest. The Intercontinental Champion had the following to tell us…[/I] [B]Don Muraco: [/B][COLOR="Red"]I gave Pedro Morales fair warning, I told him to end this foolish dream of his before somebody gets hurt. So Pedro Morales, when I defeat you at the Washington Wrestlefest and walk out of it with the title still around my waist and I leave you with a bruised and battered body and a dead sense of self pride, just remember that you only have one person to blame, and that’s yourself. [/COLOR] [B]And Big John Studd vs. Ivan Putski [/B] [I]Big John Studd has been defeated by Ivan Putski via countout and this led Big John Studd and his manager Freddie Blassie to claim that Ivan Putski could only win by countout as he is incapable of defeating Big John Studd by pinfall. On Championship Wrestling a challenge was made by Studd for Ivan Putski to face him in a match which can only be won by pinfall or submission. Earlier today Ivan Putski accepted the challenge and the match was signed and added to the Washington Wrestlefest card, “Polish Power” Ivan Putski had the following to say...[/I] [B]Ivan Putski:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Big John Studd I defeated you before but I made the mistake of hitting the Polish Hammer too close to the ropes, this time I will not make the same mistake, I will knock you down with the Polish Hammer in the middle of the ring and then I shall pin you for the 1 and the 2 and the 3, Victory shall be mine and you shall learn that there is no power greater than POLISH POWER.[/COLOR] [B]We shall have more news on the Washington Wrestlefest when it comes; expect many more matches to be signed in the coming days.[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF in your Neighborhood (Thursday, Week 4, April 1983) Live at Carnagie Hall, New York 2,000 people in attendance [/B] [IMG]http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/5584/wwfinyourneigbourhoodju0.png[/IMG] [B]Spotlight stealers (C- Rating)[/B] [I]The show kicks off with Tito Santana and Tony Garea coming down to ringside for a tag team match, the cheers this team receives soon turn to boos when Roddy Piper walks down to ringside with a microphone in hand, Piper insults the fans calling them rude and disrespectful, Piper goes to say that the attentions of the fans have been on teams like the Strongbows and the Soul Patrol for too long, Piper says that with his guidance a team took the spotlight into there grasp this past Sunday on Championship Wrestling by attacking the Soul Patrol, Piper then says that with his guidance this team shall not be stopped and they will soon be the WWF Tag Team Champions..Piper then introduces his team…. the Invaders; they make there way to the ring for the upcoming match.[/I] [QUOTE][B]The Invaders vs. Tony Garea and Tito Santana (C- Rating) *The Invaders have a new look with metallic looking masks as well as a much more aggressive approach to there wrestling. *The new tricks of the Invaders are not enough to throw off Garea and Santana who give the Invaders a hard fought match with a few near victories. *Eventually the Invaders come out victorious after 8 minutes and 45 seconds when Invader 1 pinned Tony Garea following a Cross Body Block. *Following the match Roddy Piper joins his team in the ring and he clicks his fingers, As he does this the Invaders remove there metallic masks to show they have more demonic masks underneath these, these masks are designed to look like the faces of mutilated monsters. After giving the fans a quick glimpse of these faces the Invaders put there first metallic masks back on. THE WINNERS – The Invaders[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Sgt. Slaughter interview (B- Rating)[/B] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Hello everybody, for those of you who attended the WWF show at the Fisher Hall a few weeks ago you shall recall that I interviewed Sgt. Slaughter who made the point that he is observing the events of the WWF while taking a break from the ring and he is waiting for the right time to make his next move, and Sgt. Slaughter also made the point to express that this move shall involve WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund..and now ladies and gentlemen my guest at this time is once again Sgt. Slaughter...[/COLOR] [I]Sgt. Slaughter heads down to ringside as the audience greets him with boos. Sgt. Slaughter joins Lord Alfred Hayes and awaits his questions...[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Sgt. Slaughter, we are all aware that you have been watching the Champion Bob Backlund, what we want to know is if you are still watching the Champion and if you are any closer to making the next move you have been referring to.[/COLOR] [B]Sgt. Slaughter:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Atten-HUT!...listen up you puke, I have been watching the war zone that is the World Wrestling Federation and yes Lord Alfred my analysis of Bob Backlund has continued. What a battle he waged with Ray Stevens on Sunday night, but the next step in Backlund’s never ending war to keep hold of his Championship is nearly upon us, the final battle of the month is approaching, the biggest battle of the month, the Washington Wrestlefest.[/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes: [/B][COLOR="Blue"]I am assuming you have heard the news that a match between Bob Backlund and “Superstar” Billy Graham for the Heavyweight title has been confirmed for the Washington Wrestlefest?[/COLOR] [B]Sgt. Slaughter:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]You assume correctly you maggot, and speaking of assuming, upon reviewing the statistics leading into this battle I have to assume that it shall be Billy Graham who walks out of the Wrestlefest as the new WWF Heavyweight Champion.[/COLOR] [I]The crowd boos[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]and what if you are wrong Sgt. Slaughter, what if Bob Backlund retains?[/COLOR] [B]Sgt. Slaughter:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]this is about more then the WWF Heavyweight Championship Lord Alfred, no matter what happens, no matter if Backlund retains his title or loses it..he is going to come face to face with the Sarge soon rather than later.[/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]About more than the WWF Heavyweight Championship? I do not understand.[/COLOR] [B]Sgt. Slaughter:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]This is about AMERICA Hayes. Do you still not understand? Well you shall understand soon enough, but until that time comes keep your mouth shut and your eyes fixed upon the battles waged in this war zone, and that’s an order. [/COLOR] [I]Sgt. Slaughter leaves the ring as the majority of the fans continue to boo him.[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Some interesting words there from Sgt. Slaughter, I shall be interested to see what happens the day he and Bob Backlund come face to face, whenever that shall be. [/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]Don Muraco and Big John Studd vs. Pedro Morales and Ivan Putski (C+ Rating) *Don Muraco and Big John Studd showed that they have good team chemistry. *The finish came at the time of 10 minutes and 8 seconds when Ivan Putski tried to bodyslam Big John Studd, Putski’s strength failed mid bodyslam and he fell with Studd on top of him, Studd then gained the pinfall giving him and Don Muraco the victory. *Following the match Big John Studds manager Classy Freddie Blassie asked for a microphone and said this match was proof that Ivan Putski cannot pin Big John Studd but Big John Studd can pin him, Classy Freddie Blassie warns Putski as well as the Pencil necked geeks that the same thing will happen at the Washington Wrestlefest. WINNERS – Don Muraco and Big John Studd[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]The Junkyard Dog vs. Mr. Fuji (C- Rating) *This match was a total showcase for JYD as he defeated Mr. Fuji in the short time of 3 minutes and 39 seconds following his Big Thump Powerslam. *After the match as the Junkyard Dog celebrated his victory he was nearly hit from behind by Mr.Fuji’s manager Freddie Blassie who was going to strike JYD with his cane. This plan failed though when Junkyard Dog turned around just in time to see Blassie hoisting the cane in the air. Junkyard Dog then grabbed the cane from Blassie’s grasp and all Blassie could do was watch in anger as the Junkyard Dog broke the cane into two over his knee as the fans cheered him on, Blassie then backed off and left the ring and headed backstage as JYD continued his celebration. THE WINNER – The Junkyard Dog[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Andre the Giant vs. Bob Orton Jr. (B+ Rating) *In the early stages of this match Bob Orton Jr. was handed a foreign object by the Grand Wizard, Orton.Jr snuck it into his ring attire before the referee could see. *Orton Jr. used this object to gain a brief advantage over Andre the Giant. *Orton Jr. came unstuck when Andre managed to grab the foreign object from his grasp, Andre then showed the referee who removed it from ringside, Orton Jr. regained momentum again as when the referees back was turned he low blowed Andre. *The match ended when Andre the Giant regained advantage following a boot to the face of Orton, Andre then irish whipped Orton into the corner and followed up with a corner splash, Orton then fell out of the corner and he was clearly out of it, Andre then turned Orton over onto his back and he sat on him for the match winning pinfall at the time of 8 minutes and 13 seconds. WINNER – Andre the Giant[/B][/QUOTE] [B]The bigger they are… (B- Rating)[/B] [I]Following the match as Andre the Giant celebrates he is attacked by his opponent Bob Orton Jr. from behind with an axe handle, Andre the Giant turns around unaffected and he grabs hold of Orton Jr., meanwhile on the outside of the ring the Grand Wizard is calling for somebody to come from the back..it is another of his clients the Masked Superstar and he is holding a leather belt. Andre pushes Orton Jr. into the corner of the ring and he is unaware that the Masked Superstar is stood behind him, Andre falls to one knee when he is struck from behind by the Masked Superstar with this belt, buckle first. The Masked Superstar then wraps the belt around the neck of Andre the Giant, Bob Orton Jr. then climbs to the top turnbuckle and delivers an axe handle smash to the head of Andre the Giant, after the impact of this the Masked Superstar releases his grasp of the leather belt which causes Andre to crumple to the canvas, Bob Orton Jr. motions to the Masked Superstar to wrap the belt around Andres neck again which he then does, Bob Orton then climbs to the top turnbuckle looking to deliver a second axe handle smash but thankfully security rush into the ring and block Orton’s way. Security makes Orton Jr., the Masked Superstar and the Grand Wizard leave ringside as doctors enter the ring to help Andre out, Andre refuses the help of the doctors and he gets up to his feet but he is still noticeably hurt and dazed, the Grand Wizards men have done there damage.[/I] [QUOTE][B]“Superfly” Jimmy Snuka and Bob Backlund vs. Samula and “Superstar” Billy Graham (C+ Rating) *This was a short match that never really got started as it quickly degenerated into chaos. About a minute into the match Captain Lou Albano called for the Wild Samoans Afa and Sika to come out, the Wild Samoans entered the ring and helped Samula beat down Jimmy Snuka, The referee had no choice but to call for a disqualification. With the match over the 3 Samoans continued there attack on Jimmy Snuka, Bob Backlund entered the ring and tried to fight the Samoans off and he was holding his own against them but Backlund fell to the canvas when he was attacked by “Superstar” Billy Graham. The Samoans then lost control completely as Samula pushed his own partner Billy Graham down to the canvas, the three Wild Samoans now planned to beat up Bob Backlund badly, Afa and Sika held Backlunds arms and legs as Samula climbed up the turnbuckle…but wait the Samoans Afa and Sika are knocked away from Backlund by “Superstar” Billy Graham who has been handed a steel chair by his manager the Grand Wizard, Afa and Sika leave the ring, and the Superfly Jimmy Snuka is also back to his feet and he slams Samula off the top turnbuckle, Samula joins Afa and Sika outside the ring and they retreat along with there manager Captain Lou Albano. Bob Backlund, “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka, Arnold Skaaland, “Superstar” Billy Graham and the Grand Wizard all stand in the ring and watch as the Samoans and Captain Lou Albano enter the backstage area. The Grand Wizard then gets a microphone from ringside… Grand Wizard: Bob Backlund, the only reason the Superstar came to your aid is for the simple reason of making sure you do not get hurt badly between now and the Washington Wrestlefest, Billy Graham does not want any excuses when he defeats you and becomes the WWF Heavyweight Champion. “Superstar” Billy Graham and the Grand Wizard leave the ringside area as the majority of the fans boo them, when they are gone Bob Backlund and Jimmy Snuka stick around at ringside for a little while as the fans cheer them as the show comes to an end. WINNERS – Double DQ[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Final Show Rating – C+[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF Championship Wrestling Sunday, Week 4, April 1983 Live in front of 8,000 people at the DC – Washington Armory And showing LIVE on U.S Syndication Small 1[/B] [IMG]http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/4452/wwfchampionshipwrestlinoq8.png[/IMG] [I]The show opens with a video recapping all the events in the Bob Backlund/Billy Graham feud as well as an advert for the Washington Wrestlefest which shall take place later in the day, we are then shown a shot of the crowd in the Washington Armory before the camera scans over to ringside commentators Vince McMahon Jr. and Pat Patterson…[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Hello everybody and welcome to a very special edition of WWF Championship Wrestling live from the Washington Armory which is just hours away from the Washington Wrestlefest, the wait is finally over Pat.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]That is right Vince, the WWF Heavyweight title match between Bob Backlund and “Superstar” Billy Graham is just a short time away, but we are not quite there yet as anything could happen on this edition of Championship Wrestling, We have some big matches lined up for this show that could impact tonight’s big show.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Yes, we have a tag team match coming up which combines two of the big matches lined up for tonight into one as Big John Studd will team up with “Superstar” Billy Graham to face “Polish Power” Ivan Putski and the WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Some people could consider this a foolish move on the part of these four men to wrestle this afternoon when they are just hours away from the big matches at Wrestlefest.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]but then again Pat it gives them the opportunity to go at it in a tag team environment and get some momentum which could carry over to there singles matches tonight, If for example Big John Studd managed to hurt Ivan Putski this afternoon then there shall be no way for Putski to be 100% going into tonight’s one on one bout with Studd. This afternoon these four men get the chance to start something which will be finished tonight.[/COLOR] [I]The fans begin to cheer as the WWF Tag Team Champions the Strongbow’s make there way down to ringside. [/I] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Here come the Tag Champions.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]The Strongbows are making there way down to ringside for non title competition, but earlier today it was announced that the Strongbows shall defend there tag titles tonight at the Washington Wrestlefest against a team they are certainly no strangers from..the Wild Samoans. [/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]It is always a battle when those two teams meet Vince; if I was Chief Jay or Jules Strongbow I would be looking to finish this match early as they shall be in need of all there energy this evening to fight off Afa and Sika.[/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]The Strongbows vs. Johnny Rodz and Don Kernodle (C- Rating) *The Strongbows are victorious after a hard fought match when Chief Jay Strongbow makes Johnny Rodz submit with an Indian Deathlock at the time of 9 minutes and 48 seconds. WINNERS – The Strongbows[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Vince McMahon: [/B][COLOR="Blue"]the Strongbows are victorious[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]but are they really Vince? that victory could lead to there loss tonight in my opinion, Johnny Rodz and Don Kernodle gave them quite the match there, I imagine the Strongbows would have been hoping they’d have won that match in a quicker time. They may have used up energy in that bout that they will need tonight against the Wild Samoans. [/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Point well made Pat, but the Strongbows have a few hours until the Washington Wrestlefest and I am sure they will use that time wisely. They are great competitors and they will fight tooth and nail to keep those WWF Tag titles, and now it is time to go over to Lord Alfred Hayes who I am led to believe has a very special guest…[/COLOR] [B]The Living Legend (B Rating)[/B] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]Ladies and Gentlemen it is my pleasure at this time to have a very special guest; he is the Living Legend of Professional Wrestling, the Italian Superman..BRUNO SAMMARTINO![/COLOR] [I]The fans give Bruno a great ovation as he heads over to Lord Alfred Hayes to speak to him...[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="orange"]Bruno I speak for myself and by the sounds of it all of these fans when I say it really is our pleasure to have you with us this afternoon.[/COLOR] [B]Bruno Sammartino:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Thank you, it is good to be here. I just wish it was under happier circumstances. You see Lord Alfred Hayes, I had to come here today as something has really angered me and I would be disrespecting the legacy I built up in this business as well as the legacy Buddy Rogers built up if I was to let is pass by without saying my piece. The attack on Buddy Rogers by those thugs disguised as wrestlers Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine was one of the most sickening things I have ever seen carried out in the name of Professional Wrestling, that kind of behavior is not respectful and it is not professional Wrestling and quite simply I want to do something about it. So Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine I was told you are in the building so why don’t you come on out and speak to me.[/COLOR] [I]The fans boo as Roddy Piper walks over to the interview area, closely followed by his bodyguard Greg “The Hammer” Valentine...[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Well looky here, if it isn’t the Living Legend of Professional Wrestling Bruno Sammartino, HA, Seriously. Its good to meet ya man.[/COLOR] [B]Bruno Sammartino:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well it isn’t good to meet you, Looking at you and your bodyguard Greg Valentine sickens me, “The Nature Boy” Buddy Rogers is a legend in this business and he is apart of my past, He is apart of wrestling’s past and if it wasn’t for guys like he and I then this business would not be such a good way for guys like you two to make a living. I won the WWF Heavyweight title back in 1963 from Buddy Rogers…that’s right, 1963, back in 1963 when you two punks would have been teenagers I was wearing Championship gold.[/COLOR] [I]Roddy Piper looks remorseful [/I] [B]Roddy Piper: [/B][COLOR="Red"]Point taken man, and to tell you the truth, I regret what me and Greg did to Buddy Rogers.[/COLOR] [B]Bruno Sammartino:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]You and Valentine beat the man half to death; it’s a bit late for regrets isn’t it?[/COLOR] [I]Roddy Piper laughs out[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B][COLOR="Red"]HA, You have got it all wrong man. I don’t regret the beating we gave Buddy Rogers, I just regret giving him that life time Museum pass, because if I had known you was going to pop up out of the cobweb riddled woodwork I would have saved it for YOU.[/COLOR] [B]Bruno Sammartino:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Are you some kind of funny man Piper? I know for sure you’re a mouth, just like Buddy Rogers said you are, but what I want to know is this. Are you a WRESTLER? Because I have done my research on you and you have quite the wrestling background but you have yet to compete in the WWF, instead you choose to hide behind other people, what’s with that?[/COLOR] [B]The Challenge (C+ Rating)[/B] [I]Roddy Piper’s face changes to a look of anger, Piper then gets into Bruno Sammartino’s face[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Let me tell you something old timer, I do not hide behind anybody, I have never backed down from anybody in my life man.[/COLOR] [B]Bruno Sammartino:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Prove it [/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Oh I will, because I am making a challenge, tonight at the Washington Wrestlefest I challenge you the Living Legend Bruno Sammartino to go one on one with the Hot Scot Rowdy Roddy Piper………….........................................................................................’s bodyguard Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, how does that sound?[/COLOR] [I]Roddy Piper laughs out and steps back from Bruno Sammartino and stands behind Greg Valentine. The fans start to boo and begin a “Chicken” chant directed at Piper.[/I] [B]Bruno Sammartino:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]I have my ring attire in the car, I accept your challenge. I will beat Greg Valentine and then when you run out of people to hide behind I will wrestle you Piper. [/COLOR] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I told you, I hide from nothing man, but Greg was telling me earlier how he really wanted a match tonight so I just sacrificed my own desires to fight you in order to do my good buddy a favor. [/COLOR] [I]Greg Valentine looks confused[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]but forget about fighting me old timer, because nobody gets past the Hammer. [/COLOR] [I]Roddy Piper and Greg Valentine leave the interview set[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]Well it would seem we have a new match for the Washington Wrestlefest[/COLOR] [B]Bruno Sammartino:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Lord Alfred Hayes, I will defeat Greg Valentine, that is a promise. Buddy Rogers I hope you will be watching tonight because I will do you proud, and once I am done with Valentine I will shut that mouth Piper up once and for all. [/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]Pedro Morales vs. Tiger Chung Lee (C Rating) *Pedro Morales defeated Tiger Chung Lee in 4 minutes and 44 seconds via pinfall following a Knee Drop Backbreaker. *Following the match Pedro spotted a fan with a sign which read “Pedro Morales – Next IC Champ”, Pedro took the sign into the ring and held it up as the fans cheered him on. WINNER – Pedro Morales[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Captain closure (B- Rating)[/B] [I]Lord Alfred Hayes is shown standing with Captain Lou Albano[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]Lou Albano earlier today you put word out of a challenge from you to Jimmy Snuka to meet a mystery opponent at the Washington Wrestlefest, but shortly after this news started to do the rounds you requested the following television time, well you have been granted it, so what do you have to say?[/COLOR] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Well Lord Alfred I have been so busy recently in trying to end the career of Jimmy Snuka, I have been so busy that I did not have time to stop and see what I was becoming, until now. I have stopped and seen the error of my ways Lord Alfred, I don’t like Jimmy Snuka and I never will but I now realize how obsessed I have been becoming in my mission to end his career. It is time for all of that to stop, I know I challenged Snuka to meet my mystery new client at the Washington Wrestlefest tonight but we can call that match off. I would like it if Jimmy Snuka just came out right now and with no fuss he and I can shake hands and move on with our lives, as we should have done long ago.[/COLOR] [I]The crowd starts up a chant of “Bull****”[/I] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="red"]I don’t blame these people for feeling this way Lord Alfred, but I am sincere about this. Jimmy Snuka come on out please.[/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer as “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka walks out and joins Lord Alfred Hayes and Captain Lou Albano. Snuka looks around before he sits down as he suspects Lou Albano is up to something.[/I] [B]Jimmy Snuka:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]What are you up to Lou?[/COLOR] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Nothing, now I can tell you are uncomfortable so lets make this quick. Let’s shake hands and move on with our lives.[/COLOR] [I]Captain Lou Albano puts his hand out, Jimmy Snuka looks around at the fans and most of them are against having Jimmy Snuka shake hands with Captain Lou Albano.[/I] [B]Jimmy Snuka:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]These people do not want to see me shake your hand. I love these people and they mean more then a handshake from you ever could do.[/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer[/I] [B]Jimmy Snuka:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]but I accept your wishes to end all of this Captain Lou, so from now on let’s just move on with our lives.[/COLOR] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Okay Jimmy, I am happy with that.[/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]So there we have it everybody, Jimmy Snuka and Lou Albano have agreed to put the past behind them. [/COLOR] [I]Jimmy Snuka gets up to walk off but Captain Lou Albano steps behind him and taps him on the back, Snuka turns around..[/I] [B]Jimmy Snuka:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]What is it Lou?[/COLOR] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I just forgot something[/COLOR] [I]Captain Lou Albano slaps Jimmy Snuka across the face, Jimmy Snuka is not fazed by the slap and he looks furious, Jimmy Snuka then grabs hold of Albano and throws him back down into his chair, but unbeknownst to Snuka somebody is behind him holding the other chair, It is Ray “The Crippler” Stevens, From the noise of the crowd Snuka realizes something his wrong, Snuka turns around and he is quickly knocked flying with the chair. Snuka falls to the ground and Ray Stevens jams the chair into Snuka’s mid section repeatedly. Ray Stevens then pins Snuka to the floor by holding the chair to his throat. [/I] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Jimmy Snuka, meet my newest client, the Crippler Ray Stevens, and if you have anything left for tonight’s Washington Wrestlefest he will finish the job he just started, He will not only defeat you but he shall cripple you. Do something sensible for once Snuka, do not show up for tonight’s match.[/COLOR] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]with the condition he has just been left in I don’t think Jimmy Snuka will be wrestling any time soon. We could do with some security and medical assistance right about now.[/COLOR] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Oh don’t worry Lord Alfred, We are going, we have made our point. Come on Ray…[/COLOR] [I]Ray Stevens refuses to listen to Captain Lou Albano, he raises his chair up from the throat of Snuka only to quickly jam it back down. This display of violence leaves the fans in shock, security quickly rush the interview area and remove Ray Stevens and Captain Lou Albano, a medical team then come out and attends to Jimmy Snuka.[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]Jimmy Snuka is in a bad way and I don’t see any way that he can wrestle tonight. [/COLOR] [I]Jimmy Snuka pushes away the paramedics and gets up to one knee and asks Lord Alfred Hayes for the microphone…[/I] [B]Jimmy Snuka:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]*cough*…as…as long as there..is a breath *cough* in this body, I WILL wrestle Stevens tonight, I ….[/COLOR] [I]Before Snuka can finish what he is saying he drops the microphone and falls back to the floor clutching his throat in agony, Paramedics get beside Snuka as he starts to cough severely, Snuka begins to spasm and cough up blood..[/I] [B]Lord Alfred Hayes:[/B] [COLOR="Orange"]I am sorry about the graphic nature of what you are seeing, this is not fit for television, Vince and Pat if you can hear me I suggest we move on to another match or something other than this, Fans do not worry, Jimmy Snuka will receive the best medical attention possible.[/COLOR] [I]The camera cuts away from the graphic scene to show Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Fans as Lord Alfred said we apologize for what you just saw, from my vantage point I can tell you that Jimmy Snuka is being taken out of the building on a stretcher as we speak.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]It would seem we have lost a match from the Washington Wrestlefest card but obviously it goes without saying at this stage that Jimmy Snuka’s health is our main concern.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Samula is making his way down to ringside right now and he is not accompanied by his manager Captain Lou Albano.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Albano and Stevens belong behind bars if you ask me.[/COLOR] [I]The fans start to cheer as “Another one bites the dust” by Queen kicks in on the sound system and the Junkyard Dog makes his entrance...[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Well if anybody can get this crowd back into a good mood after the disturbing events we just witnessed it would be this individual, a new sensation in the World Wrestling Federation. The Junkyard Dog.[/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]The Junkyard Dog vs. Samula (C Rating) *In a very impressive victory the Junkyard Dog defeats the Savage Samula via pinfall following the Big Thump Powerslam in the time of 4 minutes and 39 seconds. WINNER – The Junkyard Dog[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Andre the Giant speaks out (B+ Rating)[/B] [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Okay everybody please welcome my guest at this time, he is truly one of a kind, the 8th Wonder of the World Andre the Giant.[/COLOR] [I]Andre the Giant walks out and shakes hands with Gorilla Monsoon.[/I] [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Okay Andre, for fans who did not attend or hear about the show on Thursday night at Carnagie hall we have some video footage showing what happened following your match with Bob Orton Jr.[/COLOR] [I]A short video clip plays showing the Masked Superstar coming out to help Bob Orton Jr. attack Andre post match with a leather strap.[/I] [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Okay Andre we have aired the clip. It was this attack on you that made you issue a challenge for a match at the Washington Wrestlefest to the Masked Superstar right?[/COLOR] [B]Andre the Giant:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Yes Gorilla, I beat Bob Orton Jr., I’ll beat Masked Superstar, I’ll beat anybody the Grand Wizard puts before me. Masked Superstar choked me with a leather belt and I still got up. Tonight Masked Superstar won’t get up. He will have to be carried out. [/COLOR] [B]Gorilla Monsoon:[/B] [COLOR="blue"]Andre the Giant thank you for the comments and I wish you the best of luck in your match tonight, but somehow I don’t think you will need it. Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson..back to you.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Thank you Gorilla, Andre the Giant vs. the Masked Superstar is one of the many matches signed up for the Washington Wrestlefest as is the tag team match between the Soul Patrol and the Invaders, the Soul Patrol wish to avenge the attack of the Invaders from last week, the Invaders have shown off a new attitude and a new look since Roddy Piper became there manager. [/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]right now we have what should be a preview of tonight’s match as that match is now cut in half for us on Championship Wrestling as Mr. USA Tony Atlas of the Soul Patrol goes against Invader 2 of the Invaders. [/COLOR] [I]Roddy Piper leads Invader 2 down to ringside, Invader 2 shows off his new metallic mask look for the first time on television, and The Invaders now also have theme music which is “Invaders” by Iron Maiden. As Invader 2 steps into the ring he removes his metallic mask to show off a 2nd more demonic mask for a few seconds before quickly covering back up with the metallic mask. [/I] [I]The fans cheer as Mr. USA Tony Atlas rushes down to ringside for the upcoming match, He looks focused with revenge seemingly on his mind. [/I] [QUOTE][B]Tony Atlas vs. Invader 2 (C+ Rating) *This was a short fight which soon spilled out of the ring and resulted in a double countout. The two men kept fighting until they got separated by referees and security. Vince McMahon: This situation is not settled between these two teams. Pat Patterson: Far from it Vince Vince McMahon: Hopefully tonight at the Washington Wrestlefest when both men are joined by there respective partners the situation will be resolved. RESULT – Double count out[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]“Superstar” Billy Graham and Big John Studd vs. Bob Backlund and Ivan Putski (C- Rating) *This match was a nice back and forth tag team contest which gave the fans a nice preview of the two matches to come at the Washington Wrestlefest. *Billy Graham displayed his new Martial arts techniques and at times they seemed to get the better of Bob Backlund. *Ivan Putski once again tried to slam Big John Studd and once again he failed, but unlike last time Ivan Putski managed to kick out when Studd landed on top of him for the pinfall attempt, this kick out visibly shocked Big John Studd. *The match ended when Bob Orton Jr. came down to ringside and approached Bob Backlund’s manager Arnold Skaaland, this reminded the fans of what happened last time Orton Jr. did this and it clearly also bought bad memories back to Bob Backlund, Orton Jr. did not touch Skaaland but the distraction was enough for Bob Backlund to fall victim to a Martial arts style chop to the throat from Billy Graham, as Backlund crouched down to clutch his throat he fell victim to a Karate kick to the head which knocked him straight down. Billy Graham then gained the match winning pinfall at the time of 8 minutes and 11 seconds. WINNERS – “Superstar” Billy Graham and Big John Studd[/B][/QUOTE] [I]Managers the Grand Wizard and “Classy” Freddie Blassie entered the ring to celebrate with there charges Billy Graham and Big John Studd. Bob Orton Jr. who was still at ringside grabbed the WWF Heavyweight title of Bob Backlund’s from ringside and he handed it to Billy Graham. The fans booed as Graham raised the title in the air and celebrated as if it was his own. The show ended with Graham throwing the title onto the chest of the fallen Bob Backlund. Graham then yelled “In a few hours I will make that title mean something.”[/I] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING – C (Big John Studd was slightly over used) TV Rating – 1.24[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]The final card for the WASHINGTON WRESTLEFEST[/B] [IMG]http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8237/washingtonwfsmallya7.png[/IMG] [B]WWF Heavyweight title match[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Bob Backlund (Champion)[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]“Superstar” Billy Graham (Challenger)[/COLOR] [B]WWF Intercontinental title match[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Don Muraco (Champion)[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Pedro Morales (Challenger)[/COLOR] [B]Pinfall or Submission only match[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Ivan Putski[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Big John Studd [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Andre the Giant[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]the Masked Superstar [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Bruno Sammartino [/COLOR]vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Greg Valentine [/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]Jimmy Snuka [/COLOR]vs. [COLOR="Blue"]Ray Stevens [/COLOR] [B]WWF Tag Team title match[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Strongbows (Champions)[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]the Wild Samoans (Challengers)[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]The Soul Patrol[/COLOR] vs. [COLOR="Blue"]the Invaders[/COLOR] [B]And in a match just added to the card[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The Junkyard Dog[/COLOR] vs.[COLOR="Blue"] Bob Orton Jr. [/COLOR] [B]The show will be up later tonight or early tomorrow, Predictions and thoughts welcome[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER] [B]WWF presents THE WASHINGTON WRESTLEFEST Sunday, Week 4, April 1983 Live in front of 8,000 people at the DC – Washington Armory And airing LIVE via PPV Closed Circuit television [/B] [IMG]http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/8237/washingtonwfsmallya7.png[/IMG] [B]Pre Show bout:[/B] [QUOTE][B]Tito Santana vs. Tiger Chung Lee (C- Rating) *In a match that was exclusive to the people in attendance prior to the main show beginning Tito Santana defeated Tiger Chung Lee in a lengthy bout which aimed to occupy time while fans took there seats and it also served to warm up fans already seated before the main show began. *Tito Santana gained the win via submission with a Figure Four leglock at the time of 13 minutes and 49 seconds. WINNER: Tito Santana[/B][/QUOTE] [B]And now it is time for the WASHINGTON WRESTLEFEST, for those watching via Closed Circuit television the show begins with a short video clip…[/B]
Get video codes at Bolt. [I]As the video ends we see a live shot of the crowd before the camera takes us to the ringside commentary table, our announcing team for the evening is Vince McMahon and Pat Patterson…[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Welcome everyone, I am Vince McMahon alongside Pat Patterson, we are live from the nation’s capital Washington DC for a special WWF super card headlined by the title match everybody is waiting for, Bob Backlund vs. “Superstar” Billy Graham [/COLOR] [I]The fans begin to boo as Bob Orton Jr. walks out to ringside; he is followed by his manager the Grand Wizard.[/I] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]We have nine high stake matches on this show and I believe it is time for the first one to get underway Vince. [/COLOR] [I]The crowd cheers as “Another one bites the dust” by Queen kicks in on the arenas sound system followed by the Junkyard Dog making his way to the ringside area. [/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]It’s going to be Orton vs. JYD, What a match to kick us off[/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]The Junkyard Dog vs. Bob Orton Jr. (C Rating) *The match starts off with a test of strength between both men, JYD gets the better of the test of strength and pushes Orton to the floor, and Orton then rolls out of the ring and consults with his manager the Grand Wizard. After some words with the Wizard Orton gets back into the ring and the match resumes. *JYD and Orton lock up and JYD once again gets the strength advantage, JYD pushes Orton into the corner, The Junkyard Dog then goes for a knee to the mid section of Orton but Orton quickly maneuvers out of the corner causing JYD to get his right leg caught in the between the turnbuckles, with the leg of JYD caught up in this situation Orton takes advantage with some vicious strikes to it. *The right leg of the Junkyard Dog puts him at a disadvantage for the next few minutes of the match, Orton Jr. really takes it to JYD in a way nobody has since his arrival in the WWF. *The cheers of the fans come close to giving Junkyard Dog a hope of coming back into the contest at some stages but Orton Jr. always cuts off the attempted comeback. *The fans do not give in with there chants for the Junkyard Dog, Orton Jr. does not let these chants have an effect on him as he goes to finish the Junkyard Dog off with a Boston Crab. *The Junkyard Dog is in obvious agony in this Boston Crab and he comes close to tapping out at one point, but the cheers of the fans will him on and give him the strength to power over to the bottom rope which forces Orton to break the hold. *Junkyard Dog uses the ropes to pull himself back up to his feet, Orton goes for a punch but JYD blocks it and delivers a punch of his own followed by a tackle which sends Orton to the floor, Junkyard Dog also falls to the floor clutching his right leg which is still in pain. *Both men are down on the floor causing the referee to start a 10 count, Orton gets up first followed by JYD. The two men lock up and the Junkyard Dog grabs hold of Ortons head, JYD then delivers a series of headbutts. *Orton staggers around the ring following the head butts, another tackle from the Junkyard Dog, Junkyard Dog goes for the pin…1…2...but Orton kicks out *Junkyard Dog pulls Orton up to his feet and delivers a series of punches and head butts, Orton dodges a punch and gauges JYD’s eyes, Orton then slides down and clips the right leg of JYD which forces him to hit the canvas, Orton then climbs the top turnbuckle and delivers a knee drop, It hits JYD with precision, Orton goes for the pin attempt…1…2…thr…but no, at the last moment JYD kicks out *Orton delivers a series of elbow drops to the still grounded Junkyard Dog, but JYD rolls out of the way of one, Orton hits the canvas and JYD rolls onto him placing an arm on his chest for a pinfall attempt…1, and an easy kick out for Orton. *Both men regain there footing and exchange punches with Orton getting the advantage this time around, as JYD staggers Orton runs the ropes and comes back at JYD with a crossbody, To Orton’s surprise JYD catches him while he is in mid air, JYD hoists Orton up for a bodyslam and he hits it, but JYD also falls to the floor following the move due to his right leg. *Both men are once again down on the canvas and Orton is the first man up, Orton reaches down to lift JYD up but he is rolled up for a pinfall attempt by him..1..2..thr.NO..Orton kicks out. *JYD gets on all fours and delivers a series of headbutts to Orton, One after the other. With the cheers of the fans giving him strength the Junkyard Dog then manages to get up to his feet, He waits for Orton to get up from the canvas and he sets him up for the Big Thump Powerslam, He hits it…1..2..3, The Junkyard Dog wins in the time of 9 minutes and 58 seconds. WINNER – The Junkyard Dog[/B][/QUOTE] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="red"]What a victory there for the Junkyard Dog, but I also have to give credit to Bob Orton Jr., that match really could have gone either way.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]That right leg is still troubling JYD as he leaves the ring Vince, no post match dancing celebration tonight, but these fans are still happy due to his win. [/COLOR] [B]Prelude to Invasion (C- Rating)[/B] [I]The fans boo as Roddy Piper walks down to ringside with a microphone in hand...[/I] [B]Roddy Piper: [/B][COLOR="Red"]Ladies and Ungentle men, allow me to introduce to you the greatest tag team in the World Wrestling federation, not that I need any approval from you people, well I say people, but truthfully you all look and sound like animals to me.. I guess all the zoos in Washington closed down or something.[/COLOR] [I]The fans boo and throw trash in anger[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]I find it funny how you all throw trash, I guess it takes trash to know trash, I am guessing that when you all look down in the bottom of a trash can you remind yourselves of how you look in the mirror, and speaking of trash lets talk about your Basketball team… it is funny to me how your Basketball team call themselves the Washington Wizards, I have to guess that they cast an ugly spell on all of you HA, and I heard on the radio the other day some sports guru talking about how the Wizards have lost there 70’s form and the 80’s have been mediocre for them so far, but it is not all bad Washington, At least your Basketball team had some kind of form to begin with because as I look around at some of the ladies in this audience I would have to say that the same cannot be said for them. Look at yourselves, No form at all. [/COLOR] [I]The crowd’s hostility towards Piper grows[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Now if you would please try and act like you have some class, even if just for a few short seconds, allow me to introduce the greatest tag team in the WWF today, which should come as no surprise when you consider that I manage them, they are the INVADERS.[/COLOR] [I]The fans boo as the Invaders make there way down to ringside to the sound of “Invaders” by Iron Maiden. [/I] [I]The boos of the crowd turn to cheers as Rocky Johnson and Tony Atlas “The Soul Patrol” make there way down to ringside. [/I] [QUOTE][B]The Soul Patrol vs. the Invaders (C- Rating) *The Invaders used there new found aggressive style as well as many illegal tactics to get the better of the Soul Patrol for the majority of this match. *The Soul Patrol began to mount a serious comeback which got Roddy Piper worried at ringside; Piper began interjecting himself in the match. *The finish of the match came when Invader 2 had the referee distracted while manager Roddy Piper got on the apron and held Rocky Johnson in place ready to be punched by Invader 1, Invader 1 swung to hit Rocky but Rocky broke from Invader 1’s grasp which led to Invader 1 knocking his manager down off the apron. As Invader 1 looked down to the outside of the ring in concern Rocky Johnson rolled him up for the pinfall attempt, Tony Atlas got the referees attentions away from Invader 2 and the referee made the cover, Rocky Johnson scores the pinfall, The Soul Patrol win in 8 minutes and 1 second. WINNERS – The Soul Patrol[/B][/QUOTE] [I]Following the match Roddy Piper gets into an argument with his losing team the Invaders, Piper seems to be annoyed with Invader 1 mostly, the argument ends with Roddy Piper slapping Invader 1, the fans then cheer as Invader 1 responds by attempting to punch Piper, but Invader 2 stops his partner from punching there manager. Invader 2 seems to calm down his partner, Roddy Piper then orders his team to the backstage area as the crowd boos all three men. [/I] [B]Declare him the winner already (C+ Rating)[/B] [I]The fans boo as Captain Lou Albano leads his newest client Ray Stevens down to ringside, both men step into the ring and Captain Lou takes the microphone from Howard Finkel…[/I] [B]Captain Lou Albano:[/B] [COLOR="red"]Earlier today I succeeded in my mission, I put an end to the career of Jimmy Snuka. He was rushed to hospital coughing up blood after a close encounter with my newest investment, Ray the Crippler Stevens, a man who showed just why he is called the Crippler.[/COLOR] [I]The fans start a “Superfly” chant[/I] [B]Captain Lou Albano: [/B][COLOR="red"]Jimmy Snuka is not coming; He is lying in some hospital bed somewhere. Ray Stevens is the winner of this match via forfeit. Somebody get a referee down to this ring so we can make his victory official [/COLOR] [I]Referee Dick Kroll steps into the ring, It seems he is about to award Stevens the winner but the crowd cheer as a battered and bloodied Jimmy Snuka who also has his throat taped up staggers down to ringside. Snuka looks intent on wrestling Ray Stevens, Dick Kroll tries to talk Snuka out of wrestling but his words are in vain, Snuka is intent on wrestling tonight...[/I] [QUOTE][B]“Superfly” Jimmy Snuka vs. “The Crippler” Ray Stevens (B- Rating) *Snuka takes Ray Stevens off guard in the early stages of the match, some combination moves followed by a Snuka Special and a dropkick send Ray Stevens down to the canvas. *Ray Stevens soon takes the flow of the match back into his favor, removing the tape from the throat of Jimmy Snuka, Stevens continues to work on this area… *Ray Stevens connects with a neck breaker on Jimmy Snuka, He then goes for the pinfall…1…2…but Snuka kicks out much to the surprise of Stevens. *Ray Stevens continues to work on Snuka before trying to hoist him up into the air for a piledriver, the Superfly scratches at the back of Ray Stevens making him release his grasp before hitting the move. *Snuka begins to attack with speed once again, Snuka dropkicks Stevens which knocks him back into the corner, Snuka then hip tosses him out of the corner, the fans then cheer as the Superfly climbs up to the top turnbuckle, Snuka is not as fast climbing up there as usual but he makes it, He then comes off with his finisher the Superfly Splash…1..2..3, Jimmy Snuka wins at the time of 13 minutes and 24 seconds. *Following this victory the Superfly collapses in pain, the referee has to help him to his feet. WINNER – “Superfly” Jimmy Snuka[/B][/QUOTE] [I]Following the match Ray Stevens seems to be in shock over his loss, Captain Lou Albano quickly leads him to the backstage area.[/I] [B]Greg Valentine introduction (C+ Rating)[/B] [I]The fans boo as Roddy Piper comes out to ringside for the second time this evening, Once again with a microphone in his hand…[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B][COLOR="red"]Okay, So as you all saw earlier it did not go to plan for my Invaders, I am not happy about that and I am not in the mood right now for having to talk down to you asylum escapees so how about you just shut up and listen to me? It may be a stretch but you could end up understanding something I say. [/COLOR] [I]The fans start a chant of “Piper sucks”[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]I will tell you who sucks, an old timer who just cannot accept his glory days are long over, an old timer by the name of Bruno Sammartino. [/COLOR] [I]The fans cheer at the mention of Sammartino’s name[/I] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]No No Noooooooo, that is NOT who you people should be cheering for, save your cheers for this man….[/COLOR] [B]Greg Valentine starts to walk down to ringside as the fans give him the same hostile treatment they gave Piper.[/B] [B]Roddy Piper:[/B] [COLOR="red"]He is the man who is going to force Sammartino to wake up and realize this is 1983, He is my bodyguard, and He is my Hammer…he is Greg “The Hammer” Valentine. [/COLOR] [I]The fans break into cheer when Howard Finkel introduces Bruno Sammartino who makes his way down to ringside for the upcoming match…[/I] [QUOTE][B]Bruno Sammartino vs. Greg Valentine (B+ Rating) *The match begins with Valentine charging at Sammartino with an elbow to the stomach, Sammartino falls to the canvas and Valentine begins to choke him before the referee makes him stop. *Valentine lays some stomps into the fallen Sammartino and he then resumes the choking, the referee once again puts a stop to this, the referee warns Valentine that if this happens again he will be disqualified. *Valentine stomps away at Sammartino and delivers and elbow drop straight into his chest, Valentine then viscously gauges the eyes of the Living Legend. *Valentine begins to stomp away at Sammartino’s right arm, He then applies an arm bar but the move is quickly broke up when Sammartino reaches out to the bottom rope. *Sammartino regains his footing, Valentine goes for a suplex but Sammartino blocks it, Sammartino then throws Valentine to the canvas with a hip toss, Sammartino reaches down for Valentine but he gets a forearm straight to the face. *Valentine gets up and irish whips Sammartino into the ropes, Sammartino comes back and he receives a kick to the stomach, Valentine follows this up with an axe handle smash to the back, Sammartino falls to the canvas and Valentine resumes stomping away at his fallen body. *Valentine goes for an early pin over Sammartino but the Original Italian Stallion easily kicks out, Valentine barely got a one count. *Valentine tries to pick Sammartino up but Sammartino meets Valentines attempt with a double kick to his stomach, Sammartino then rolls over and gets up to his feet, Valentine is crouched down holding his stomach and he receives an uppercut shot from Sammartino, the fans begin a loud chant of “Bruno” as they can see he is back in this match now. *Sammartino keeps on the offence for the next few minutes of the match, He gets Valentine into the corner and rocks him with some hard shots to the body and face, the impact of these shots nearly knocks Valentine over the ropes. *Sammartino loses momentum when he tries to once again take Valentine over with a hip toss; Valentine blocks the hip toss and locks Sammartino in the abdominal stretch *With the support of the fans behind him Bruno breaks out of the abdominal stretch, Bruno then comes at Valentine with a flurry of punches, kicks and stomps, Valentine is dazed and his manager Roddy Piper starts yelling at him to watch out from the outside of the ring, Valentine falls victim to a snapmare takedown from Sammartino followed by an elbow drop…Sammartino goes for the pin attempt…1…2…thr..but Valentine kicks out *The offence is still completely with Sammartino, Valentine is in serious trouble, more kicks and punches from Sammartino followed by a knee to the face, Valentine collapses to the canvas. *Bruno Sammartino goes for the pinfall…1…2, but the referee stops his count when Roddy Piper enters the ring, Roddy Piper kicks Sammartino in the back, the referee calls for the bell. *Roddy Piper kicks Sammartino a few more times before telling Greg Valentine to leave, Piper and Valentine then leave the ringside area. The fans are confused as to what the official decision is. *Howard Finkel announces that due to Roddy Pipers interference Greg Valentine has been disqualified and the winner by dq is Bruno Sammartino. *Sammartino is clearly unhappy as he wanted to beat Valentine in a more decisive manner then a DQ. It would seem Roddy Pipers interference was a deliberate attempt to get a DQ to save Valentine from a pinfall loss. WINNER – Bruno Sammartino via DQ at the time of 14 minutes and 34 seconds. [/B][/QUOTE] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]This is not over; Sammartino is not satisfied with that kind of victory.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]I would have to agree Pat; I don’t think that match solved anything.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Sammartino had that match won and he would have pinned Valentine, Piper realized this which is why he interfered, a pretty low down tactic that cheated these fans and Bruno Sammartino out of what would have been a satisfying victory. [/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]WWF Tag Team title match The Strongbows (Champions) vs. the Wild Samoans (Challengers) (C+ Rating) *This was another hard fought bout in the series of matches between these two teams. *The champions retained there titles at the time of 9 minutes and 7 seconds when Jules Strongbow pinned Sika following a monkey flip. The Strongbows are still the WWF Tag Team champions. WINNERS – The Strongbows[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]Pinfall or submission only match Ivan Putski vs. Big John Studd (C- Rating) *Considering the build up towards this match the match rating was disappointing. *The key factor in this bout was strength and who had it, both men were evenly matched in this area. *In the latter stages of the bout Putski had Studd in trouble, Putski went for the bodyslam…but he could not get it. *Putski held his back after he hurt it in trying to slam Studd, Studd came at Putski with a clothesline, Putski ducked under it, Studd turned around and he got hit with the Polish Hammer…Putski makes the cover..1..2..3, Ivan Putski wins in the time of 9 minutes and 32 seconds. WINNER – Ivan Putski [/B][/QUOTE] [B]Celebration (C Rating)[/B] [I]Following the bout Ivan Putski celebrates his victory by singing a Polish melody for the fans. [/I] [QUOTE][B]Andre the Giant vs. the Masked Superstar (B- Rating) *In the early stages of the match the Masked Superstar tries to take Andre off balance with some quick punches but these barely make Andre stagger. *Masked Superstar is more successful when he knocks Andre down to one knee by tackling his leg, Masked Superstar then ties one of Andre hands in ropes, this allows the Masked Superstar to get some good shots in but Andre quickly frees himself and one push from his arm sends the Masked Superstar crashing down to the canvas. *Desperation tactics cause the Masked Superstar to grab one of Andre’s hands and bite it, Andre falls back to one knee. The Masked Superstar then applies a sleeper hold. The sleeper hold seems to hurt Andre. *Masked Superstar is taken by surprise when Andre regains his footing, Masked Superstar still has the sleeper hold applied but he is being carried on Andres back, Andre brings him down to the canvas with a snap mare. The Masked Superstar quickly gets up to his feet and he is met with a big boot to the face by Andre, The Masked Superstar falls down to the canvas and Andre splashes him…1..2..3, Andre the Giant wins in 7 minutes and 47 seconds. WINNER: Andre the Giant[/B][/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]WWF Intercontinental title match Don Muraco (Champion) vs. Pedro Morales (Challenger) (B- Rating) *This contest was a close fought bout with a fast pace to begin with which then turned into a slow paced power based battle. Muraco and Morales know one another’s tactics well, having wrestled many times before. *In the latter stages of the bout Pedro Morales Irish whips Don Muraco but Muraco collides with the referee, Morales checks on the referee and helps him to his feet but as he does so Don Muraco pulls out some brass knucks and he hits Muraco with them, this is deja vu for Pedro as this is how he lost the Intercontinental title to him back in 1981. With the referee up to his feet Muraco goes for the pinfall…1…2..thre..NO…Pedro kicks out, Pedro is still in the match. *Pedro Morales is bleeding from the brass knucks shot but the blood seems to recharge him, He gains the momentum of the match over Don Muraco, he Irish whips Muraco into the corner and Muraco flips upside down before crashing down to the canvas, Morales goes for the pin…1…2….but no, Muraco kicks out. *Pedro Morales lifts Muraco up to his feet and irish whips him into the corner once more, This time Morales runs after him for a corner elbow attempt but Muraco puts his feet up sending Morales crashing to the canvas, Muraco then goes for the pinfall but unbeknownst to the referee he has his feet on the ropes for extra momentum, 1..2..3, Don Muraco wins in 15 minutes and 2 seconds, Don Muraco is still the WWF Intercontinental Champion. WINNER – Don Muraco[/B][/QUOTE] [I]The Grand Wizard celebrates with Don Muraco but the fans are outraged at the result knowing that Muraco cheated to win.[/I] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]The crowd are quite vocal with there feelings right now.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Rightly so Vince, that was a great match but I am sorry to see it end in such a manner.[/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]Hopefully the tape of this match will be reviewed and Pedro Morales will be granted a rematch because he is deserving of one.[/COLOR] [B]Pat Patterson:[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]I was expecting him to walk out of this arena with the gold tonight Vince. [/COLOR] [B]Vince McMahon:[/B] [COLOR="Red"]and speaking of Gold it is time for the match everybody has been waiting for, WWF Heavyweight Champion Bob Backlund vs. “Superstar” Billy Graham. [/COLOR] [QUOTE][B]WWF Heavyweight championship match Bob Backlund (Champion) vs. “Superstar” Billy Graham (Challenger) (B Rating) *Billy Graham overwhelms Bob Backlund in the early stages of the contest with his martial arts techniques; at times Backlund seems to be at a loss for ways of fighting against this style. *Backlund dodges a kick of Grahams and brings him to the canvas with an arm bar into a head scissors, Graham rolls out of the move and both men regain there footing, it is at this moment Graham sends Backlund flying over the ropes with a spin kick, luckily Backlund lands on the apron before hitting the concrete floor so his fall is broken somewhat. *Graham leaves the ring and lays some kicks into Bob Backlund who is still on the concrete floor, Backlund gets up to his feet and fights back against Graham but Backlund is hit from behind by the Grand Wizard. Graham then rolls Bob Backlund back into the ring. *Graham goes for the pinfall on Bob Backlund..1..2..and the kick out. Backlund then rolls on top of Graham for a pinfall attempt of his own..1..and an easy kick out follows by Billy Graham. *Backlund lifts Graham up to his feet and places him in a headlock, but from the outside of the ring the Grand Wizard pulls Backlunds leg, Backlund then turns around to give the Grand Wizard his attention which leaves him open to an elbow to the lower back from Billy Graham, Backlund falls to the floor holding his back. *Outside of the ring Bob Backlund’s manager Arnold Skaaland decides he has seen enough of the Grand Wizards interference, he goes over to the Grand Wizard and gets into an argument with him, the Grand Wizard slaps Arnold Skaaland, Skaaland responds by pushing the Grand Wizard down to the floor. *Billy Graham sees this and he immediately leaves the ring, Graham grabs hold of Arnold Skaaland and throws him down, Skaaland hits the time keepers table and seems to knock his head on the ring bell, Skaaland appears to be knocked out, In the ring Bob Backlund has just got up to his feet, He looks out of the ring to see the sight of his manager lying knocked out with some blood now starting to drip down his face, Backlund’s face turns to one of panic, He leaves the ring and heads towards his manager… *Backlund holds his managers head in his arms, Tears start to fill his eyes and uncharacteristically he begins to scream out in anger, Backlund is given an axe handle blow from behind by Graham who throws him back into the ring before the refs count of 10 so the match can resume, meanwhile paramedics attend to Arnold Skaaland outside of the ring and help him to the backstage area. *Graham lifts Backlund up to his feet but Backlund begins to throw wild punches at Graham, this uncontrollable temper is not Backlunds usual style at all, far from it, the injury of his manager seems to have pushed him over the edge. *Backlund throws Graham into the corner and he begins to bite at his forehead, Backlund then screams out “Why, WHY, WHYYYY?” in the face of the Superstar. Backlund then irish whips Graham into the ropes and clotheslines him out of the ring. *Backlund follows Graham out of the ring and still in a temper he grabs the ring bell, Backlund swings at the head of Graham without giving it a moments thought, the referee calls for a DQ but Backlund does not seem to care, He gets on top of Graham and swings at him with wild uncontrolled punches, Security rush down to ringside and separate both men. *Howard Finkel announces that the winner of the match by disqualification is “Superstar” Billy Graham, but the title cannot change via a DQ, so the WWF Heavyweight Champion is still Bob Backlund. *Doctors come down to ringside to help the fallen Billy Graham who is bleeding, The Grand Wizard gets into Bob Backlunds face and yells at him, “What have you done Backlund?? What have you done?...Your no champion”. *Bob Backlund seems calm now and he observes the situation around him, He crumples to the floor and he can no longer hold back the tears, he is crying heavily while screaming out “What have I done?? What have I done??”, Vince McMahon jr. leaves the commentary table and he tries to help the WWF Heavyweight Champion clam down. *The crowd is strangely silent, trying to take in what they are seeing *The show ends with Vince McMahon sitting on the floor with Bob Backlund, Vince keeps assuring him that everything will be okay. WINNER – “Superstar” Billy Graham via DQ[/B][/QUOTE] [B]FINAL SHOW RATING – C- (The crowd wanted more interviews and angles, Don Muraco and Jimmy Snuka arrived late for this event)[/B] [/CENTER] This show was a bit of a monster to write. I hope you enjoy it, but if not please let me know why so I can improve this diary in the future :) .

It's too bad the final rating didn't reflect the quality of the card, as it read wonderfully. While I loved the ending of the Graham v. Backlund bout (flipping out like that was Bob's M.O. during his reign), I have one small suggestion to make: The Grand Wizard of Wrestling was such an awesome manager (imo) because he never, ever got involved in matches. Roth would set things up as a manager should, but was smart enough to let his 'clients' generate their own heat once the promoted bout was underway. Albano, Blassie, Skaaland... all of them stuck their noses in matches, but the Wiz was special in that regard. A completely minor nitpick, though. Excellent job so far. Thanks!

[QUOTE=D. Boon's Ghost;198373]It's too bad the final rating didn't reflect the quality of the card, as it read wonderfully. While I loved the ending of the Graham v. Backlund bout (flipping out like that was Bob's M.O. during his reign), I have one small suggestion to make: The Grand Wizard of Wrestling was such an awesome manager (imo) because he never, ever got involved in matches. Roth would set things up as a manager should, but was smart enough to let his 'clients' generate their own heat once the promoted bout was underway. Albano, Blassie, Skaaland... all of them stuck their noses in matches, but the Wiz was special in that regard. A completely minor nitpick, though. Excellent job so far. Thanks![/QUOTE] Thanks for the feedback and thank you for that point about the Grand Wizard. I will certainly keep it in mind when writing for him in the future.

Archived