Cornellverse: United States Pro Wrestling Reports

Hey folks, Just got back from the most recent USPW TV taping and I thought I'd throw up a report. As always, my ratings are based on my estimate of the overall total crowd reception. [QUOTE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Red"]USPW[/COLOR][COLOR="White"] American[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Wrestling[/COLOR][/SIZE] Huntsville Fairgrounds drawing 4,745 [COLOR="DarkRed"]Dark Matches[/COLOR]: The Hillbillys d. Lex Appeal and Patrick Cool. [COLOR="Blue"](E-)[/COLOR] Bruce The Giant d. Savage Fury in a handicap match. [COLOR="Blue"](D)[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]TV Taping:[/COLOR] Tonight was the big lottery battle royal for a shot at Bruce the Giant's World title, so the show starts off with some videos of Danny Jillefski in the backstage area. First Captain USA shows up to draw his number. He looked pretty happy with the number he picked (you'll see why later), but refused to show it to Jillefski. [COLOR="Blue"](D)[/COLOR] Next up was Freddie Datsun who kept a straight face when he found out his number. Jillefski tried to look over his shoulder to get a peek, but Datsun wouldn't allow it. [COLOR="Blue"](C-)[/COLOR] Finally Giant Redwood stopped by and Jillefski was sure his old friend would show him what number he selected, but Redwood was so furious after the drawing that he stomped off without a word. [COLOR="Blue"](D+)[/COLOR] [B]Jim Force d. Darryl Devine[/B] Jim Force squashed Darryl Devine pinning him with the Full Force. [COLOR="Blue"](E+)[/COLOR] Following Force's victory a music video was shown to promote CGC's Steve DeColt who is apparently coming into the area for a few matches. [COLOR="Blue"](D-)[/COLOR] [B]15 Man Lottery Battle Royal[/B] After the video the battle royal began, with Giant Redwood entering as the first competitor. Cheetah Boy entered second and was summarily tossed by Redwood as soon as the bell rang. I lost track of the eliminations after that one, but the other competitors included Corporal Doom, Mick Muscles, Danny Rushmore, Demon Anger, Demon Spire, Eric the Bull, Freddie Datsun, Peter Valentine, Tom E. Hawk, T-Rex, Warlord Agony, Warlord Pain, and entering last, Captain USA. [COLOR="Blue"](D+)[/COLOR] Nearly 35 minutes of action later it looked like Datsun had the win, but he got tied up with T-Rex while trying to eliminate him, leading to both men going over the top to the floor. The referee was unsure of how to proceed after the double elimination, so he went backstage to find Sam Strong while Datsun and T-Rex fought around the ringside area. [COLOR="Blue"](C)[/COLOR] Finally after several minutes Sam Strong showed up, and once order was restored, he determined that the only fair thing to do was to have Datsun and T-Rex wrestle next week, with the winner facing Bruce the Giant as planned. [COLOR="Blue"](C+)[/COLOR] Overall Rating: [COLOR="Blue"]D+[/COLOR] [/QUOTE] Notes: It appears the rumor about Danny Jillefski being replaced as head booker was correct. His rumored replacement, Jack Avatar, was in the building and joined Jillefski and Shane Sneer on commentary.

Archived