Generations (C-Verse)

The alarm clock blared unforgivingly at 5am. Half conscious, I shot my hand out from under the covers and fumbled for the snooze button. I hate--no, I despise mornings. I always have. Oh, sure, when I HAVE to get up, I can, but I don't like it. When I try to CHOOSE to get up, I always seem to drift back to sleep. Just one or two snoozes won't hurt, really... The phone rang, wrenching me back awake. I flailed over to the other side of the bed where the phone was. [COLOR=red]"Yeah?"[/COLOR] I half moaned, half yawned into the handset. [COLOR=blue]"Rise and shine cupcake! Don't tell me you forgot we were going to go run before the monthly review call?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]"No, Aunt Vickie, I didn't forget. Just trying to wake up, that's all."[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]"Well, get your rear end downstairs, we have to be on the call at 7am, and I want to get 10 klicks in this morning. Sean will have breakfast ordered for us when we get back."[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]"You're sadistic, you know that?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]"Of course I am. How else do you think I keep the men in this family in line?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]"OK, give me five minutes and I'll meet you in the lobby."[/COLOR] I hung up the phone and rolled out of bed. I surveyed the strange, yet familiar sight of my hotel room. Didn't seem to matter where I was, they all started to look the same after a while. Where was I today, anyway? Oh, yes, British Columbia. No wonder I was so wiped -- we were on the plane for six hours the previous day getting here. I reached into my gym bag and pulled out a protien bar and a sports drink, which I consumed as I got dressed. I knew I was going to need something to fuel up -- Aunt Vickie kept a pretty demanding pace when she ran and she would expect me to keep up. --- Freshly showered and dressed, I knocked on Aunt Vickie's hotel suite door at 6:59 am. Uncle Sean, still in T-shirt and shorts, greeted me at the door. [COLOR=green]"Hey there, come on in -- breakfast is on the counter and Vickie's dialing in now."[/COLOR] Sure enough, I heard Grandpa's voice on the speakerphone. He'd be at the office with Dad and the heads of our Administration, Marketing and Finance departments. I grabbed a bagel, some scrambled eggs and a bit of smoked salmon along with a glass of orange juice and walked over to the desk. [COLOR=red]"Hi Dad, Grandpa,"[/COLOR] I said at the phone. [COLOR=purple]"Hello my dear,"[/COLOR] Grandpa's voice came over the phone. [COLOR=purple]"I know it's early for you out in BC, so now that you're here, why don't we get started."[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]"Well, let's look at the finance numbers first then. Did you have a chance to review what I sent you?"[/COLOR] [code][B][SIZE=2]NOTBPW Finance (April 2007)[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Cash: 9,981,557[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Performance: [COLOR=green]495,388[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Income[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]PPV Revenue: 170,110[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Ticket Sales: 1,415,221[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Sponsors: 571,756[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Merchandise: 48,348[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Misc.: 0[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Expenditure[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Workers: 238,050[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Show Costs: 293,000[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Marketing: 100,000[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Merchandise: 143,411[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Production: 352,000[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE=2]Misc.: 583,586[/SIZE][/B][/code] [COLOR=purple]"We did, and the boys in Finance validated them this morning. Not quite as strong as last month, but still progress nonetheless. We've made almost two million since the beginning of the year, which I'm quite pleased with. That being said, I'm noticing that expenses are trending up and our primary revenue streams are holding steady. Any thoughts on how to keep this from becoming a long-term trend?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]"Actually, I do -- I think it's time we leveraged our popularity gains in Ontario and Quebec and looked at larger venues for our TV shows. We've sold out Waterloo University and the Molson Sports Palace consistently and I think we can step up in venue in order to bring in additional revenue. I'd like to do a few shows at Ottawa Rams Stadium and at Quebec Stade Uniprix -- we won't fill those places to capacity for TV, but we can put enough butts in seats to generate better revenue."[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple]"What about elsewhere?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]"Not yet. Here in BC we'll eventually be able to sell out shows in Vancouver, but I think we'll be out here for a while yet. In the Prairies, the population and affluence just isn't there to support the larger venues, kind of like what we're seeing at home. The American front continues to develop, but we're still a long ways behind the big two there, and really we're still behind DaVE and USPW, though we'll overtake them in a couple of months. We're actually starting to get some traction in Mexico too, I noticed."[/COLOR] [code][B]Region Popularity (Beginning) Popularity (Ending) Difference[/B] [B]Canadian Regions[/B] [B]Maritimes [/B]83.2 82.9 [COLOR=red]-0.3[/COLOR] [B]Quebec[/B] 74.3 74.8 [COLOR=green]+0.5[/COLOR] [B]Ontario[/B] 74.3 75.0 [COLOR=green]+0.7[/COLOR] [B]Prairies[/B] 57.8 60.0 [COLOR=green]+2.2[/COLOR] [B]BC[/B] 58.0 60.2 [COLOR=green]+2.2[/COLOR] [B]US Regions[/B] [B]Tri-State[/B] 42.4 47.4 [COLOR=green]+5.0[/COLOR] [B]Mid West[/B] 40.7 44.7 [COLOR=green]+4.0[/COLOR] [B]Rest of US[/B] 40.3 43.9 [COLOR=green]+3.6[/COLOR] [B]Mexican Regions[/B] [B]Northern [/B]2.8 19.2 [COLOR=green]+16.4[/COLOR] [B]Rest of MEX[/B] 0.0 17.1 [COLOR=green]+17.1[/COLOR] [B]Prestige[/B] 72.7 73.9 [COLOR=green]+1.2[/COLOR][/code] [COLOR=purple]"I saw that as well, the GNN contract is really starting to pay some dividends. How about on the talent side?"[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]"For the moment I think the roster is in good shape. There's one development opportunity I'd like to pursue, but other than that I don't plan to make any roster moves unless we have to in response to unforseen events."[/COLOR] [COLOR=purple]"Excellent. Well, so long as we maintain this trend, calls like this shouldn't be too hard, now should they? We won't keep you any longer -- best of luck with tonight's show and we'll see you in Ottawa Wednesday."[/COLOR]

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[quote=Greg McNeish;377054]Great to see you back in action, Banger. I'm loving the condensed version. It's got all the important stuff, without burning you - or us - out. I'm really happy to see that you're keeping the backstage stuff. That's what's always set this apart from other dynasties, and it's always a pleasure to read. Cheers![/quote] [quote=foolinc;377295]:eek: :D Can't wait for more.[/quote] [quote=praguepride;380293]Congrats on the nomination for C-Verse DOTM. Good luck although it's going to be tough competing against all the DotY's that have stacked the card.[/quote] [quote=Thomnipotent;382192]Just finished reading from the top. And. This is nothing short of magnificent. I can truly appreciate all the time and effort you've put into this. Thank you for giving us all the experience of reading through it.[/quote] Thank you all for the encouragement, it truly means a lot to me. I also want to thank everyone who supported me in the latest round of DOTM polling. I'm grateful to all of you for the strong showing -- that was a top notch field and I'm humbled to be considered worthy of being in the top tier of that list. I'll do all I can to keep things moving along at the level of quality you've come to expect.

• 1 month later...
[CENTER][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Wallbanger1071/WallyDVD.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=4][B]Disc 1, Scene 17[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Wallbanger1071/TommyLondon.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [LEFT]Tommy London: [COLOR=red]Tim Westybrook, NOTBPW's "Iron Man", is known for the frantic pace that he maintains in the ring for extended periods of time. His conditioning and pure athletic prowess is unmatched in the industry. But even John Henry was pushed to the brink, and the fans were wondering if the first NOTBPW Donnybrook Champion was not arriving at a similar point of no return.[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=red]After his successful title defense at Super Slam, Tim hit a cold streak in singles competition, dropping matches to Dark Angel and R.K. Hayes in successive weeks. Of course, as the rules of the Donnybrook Title stipulate that the title can only be defended in a Triple Threat, Four Way, or other multiple-participant format, these losses did not affect his championship status, but the fans began to wonder if Tim could continue at the pace he set for himself, and his challengers saw opportunity in the tired eyes of the Iron Man.[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=red]Westybrook is a man of few words -- he prefers to let his in-ring actions speak for him. And with a title defense signed for Grappling Glory with Freddie Datsun, Duane Stone and Shooter Sean Deeley, he would need to have his in-ring actions speak volumes.[/COLOR][/LEFT] [CENTER][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Wallbanger1071/TomTownsend.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [LEFT]Tom Townsend: [COLOR=blue]"The Amazing" Jacob Jett and his girlfriend Katie Cameron were on a tear after winning the Unlimited Action title from Edd Stone at Super Slam. Decisive victories over former UA champion Harrison Hash and the fast-rising Frankie Perez added credence to Jett's hold on the UA belt. They made a point of frequent public displays of affection, mostly as a way of rubbing Jett's win in the face of former champ Edd Stone, who was furious for allowing himself to be played by Cameron the way he was. A rematch for the UA title was scheduled for Grappling Glory, and the youngest Stone was bound and determined to get back at Jett and Cameron for their antics.[/COLOR][/LEFT] --- [CENTER][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Wallbanger1071/notbpwgg.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [LEFT][B][I]The Grappling Glory lineup:[/I][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Stephanie Hazel vs Victoria Stone for the NOTBPW Womens Title Tim Westybrook vs Freddie Datsun vs Shooter Sean Deeley vs Duane Stone for the NOTBPW Donnybrook Title Jacob Jett vs Edd Stone for the NOTBPW Unlimited Action Title R.K. Hayes vs Jeremy Stone The Can-Am Blondes vs Flash and Hash for the NOTBPW Tag Team Titles Dark Angel vs Dan Stone Jr. Sean McFly vs Johnny Bloodstone for the NOTBPW Heavyweight Title[/LEFT] [LEFT]---[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Masters of the Squared Circle (Monday, Week 1, May 2007)[/B][/LEFT] [quote] [LEFT](Dark) The McWade Brothers defeated The Kelowna Playaz in 7:42 when Dean McWade defeated Craig Green by pinfall with a Canadian Lariat. [B](C-)[/B] (Dark) Gorgon defeated Tamara McFly in 7:49 by pinfall with a Hydra Bomb. [B](C-)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Rhino Umaga defeated Kashmir Singh in 10:15 by pinfall with a Rhino Charge. [B](C)[/B] Melody Cuthill defeated Grace Harper in 8:26 by pinfall with a Melody Maker. [B](B-)[/B] Flash and Hash defeated Coleman and Ferdinand in 11:31 when Steve Flash defeated Nathan Coleman by pinfall with a Flash Bang. [B](C)[/B] Jacob Jett defeated Frankie Perez in 9:55 by submission with a Jett Engine. Jacob Jett makes defence number 4 of his NOTBPW Unlimited Action title. [B](B-)[/B] Freddie Datsun defeated JD Morgan in 12:40 by pinfall with a Patriot Press. [B](C+)[/B] Jeremy Stone and Duane Stone defeated Shooter Sean Deeley and R.K. Hayes in 19:43 when Jeremy Stone defeated Shooter Sean Deeley by pinfall. [B](B)[/B] Sean McFly defeated Bulldozer Brandon Smith in 14:04 by pinfall with a Delorean Driver. [B](A)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Final Rating: B+[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.[/LEFT] [LEFT]---[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Post-Event Report[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]North Of The Border Pro Wrestling held NOTBPW Masters of the Squared Circle at Abbotsford Recreation Complex, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been awesome, the show is getting fantastic reviews.[/LEFT] [LEFT]2.40 (down from 2.44) rating on Sports America[/LEFT] [/quote] [LEFT]---[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Championship Wrestling (Wednesday, Week 1, May 2007)[/B][/LEFT] [quote] [LEFT](Dark) Alicia Strong defeated Jana Marie Bowen in 7:34 by pinfall with an Angel Driver. [B](D+)[/B] (Dark) Derek Frost defeated Kirk Heidenreich in 8:23 by pinfall. (E+)[/LEFT] [LEFT]Bulldozer Brandon Smith drew with Insane Machine in 10:00 when the time limit expired. [B](C-)[/B] Steve Flash defeated Nathan Coleman in 9:31 by pinfall with a Flash Bang. [B](C)[/B] Edd Stone defeated Joey Minnesota in 9:53 by pinfall with a Party's Over. [B](B-)[/B] The Stone Seductresses defeated Bitch Clique in 9:58 when Victoria Stone defeated Emma Bitch by pinfall. [B](C-)[/B] The Can-Am Blondes defeated Hard Working Wild Men in 14:58 when The Natural defeated Jungle Jack by pinfall with a Nature Calls. The Can-Am Blondes make defence number 2 of their NOTBPW Tag Team titles. [B](B-)[/B] R.K. Hayes defeated Tim Westybrook in 14:48 by pinfall with a Homicide Bomb. [B](B+)[/B] Johnny Bloodstone and Dark Angel defeated Dan Stone Jr and Sean McFly in 19:54; Dark Angel was eliminated first, then Dan Stone Jr, and finally Sean McFly. [B](B+)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Final Rating: B+[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.[/LEFT] [LEFT]---[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Post-Event Report[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]North Of The Border Pro Wrestling held NOTBPW Championship Wrestling at Ottawa Rams Stadium, and drew 8,174 fans. The feedback from viewers has been awesome, the show is getting fantastic reviews.[/LEFT] [LEFT]13.17 (up from 12.69) rating on GNN Total Sports[/LEFT] [/quote] [LEFT]---[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Mat Masters Tour (Friday, Week 1, May 2007)[/B][/LEFT] [quote] [LEFT](Dark) Stuart Ferdinand defeated Rolling Johnny Stones in 7:37 by submission. [B](D)[/B] (Dark) Alicia Strong defeated Gorgon in 7:46 by pinfall with an Angel Driver. [B](B-)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]Harrison Hash defeated Joss Thompson in 9:09 by pinfall. [B](B-)[/B] JeriLynn Stone defeated Grace Harper in 8:10 by pinfall with a Girl's Best Friend. [B](C-)[/B] Dan Stone Jr defeated Marc Speed in 10:35 by submission. [B](B-)[/B] Jacob Jett defeated Jungle Jack in 11:16 by pinfall with a Jett Take Off. [B](B-)[/B] Edd Stone drew with The Natural in 15:00 when the time limit expired. [B](B-)[/B] Tim Westybrook defeated Johnny Bloodstone in 20:18 by pinfall with a Double Powerbomb. [B](A)[/B] Jeremy Stone drew with Dark Angel in 20:00 when the time limit expired. [B](A*)[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Final Rating: A[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity.[/LEFT] [LEFT]---[/LEFT] [LEFT][B]Post-Event Report[/B][/LEFT] [LEFT]North Of The Border Pro Wrestling held NOTBPW Mat Masters Tour at The Den, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been awesome, the show is getting fantastic reviews.[/LEFT] [/quote]

The pungent smells of wood smoke, vinegar, grease and spices hung lazily in the air of the rural North Carolina barbecue restaurant. The place was recommended to us by Alicia as a top-notch but out-of-the-way place that she only knew about because her dad had told her about it as a favorite hangout for USPW folks when they were in the area. We were doing a rare Sunday Mat Masters show at the North Carolina Biker Museum in Winston-Salem in order to free up the Friday before Grappling Glory so folks could get into Toronto early. Sure enough, the large painted sign in the entry (it was too small to call a 'lobby') proudly declared "Hurley's Barbecue - The Official Pig-Eat'n Joint of The Hillbillies, Pete and Al" along with a framed and autographed 8x10 picture of the pair, sporting the USPW Tag Team titles (dating the picture a bit!), with who we presumed was the owner of the restaurant. Kirk and I settled into a corner booth and ordered sandwiches. Kirk had finally started to settle down emotionally after the traumatic confrontation with his mother last month. In the past few weeks his mood swings were both extreme and unpredictable. As time went by, though, he seemed to find an emotional equilibrium; it seemed there was a lot of pent-up feelings that were only now coming out and processing them rather than holding them in was proving -- hopefully -- to be theraputic. In particular, Kirk had spent a fair bit of time with Uncle Duane over beers (only when we were in Quebec, of course, where Kirk was legal). Duane in many ways had slipped into that 'big brother' role missing from Kirk's childhood, and they both seemed to genuinely enjoy each other's company. Of all of my uncles, I was glad it was Duane, and not Dan or Edd that Kirk gravitated to. [COLOR=blue]"Hey, are you planning on going back to Saint Knud for graduation weekend?"[/COLOR] The question, coming from Kirk, caught me off guard a bit. [COLOR=red]"Well, yeah, Grandpa said he would run the Mat Masters show in Boston so I could get there Thursday night."[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]"Oh. Well, I was just wondering since you hadn't talked about it whether you were or not."[/COLOR] [COLOR=red]"To be honest, I wasn't sure if you'd be interested, and I didn't want to upset you."[/COLOR] Kirk harumphed, then let out a long sigh. [COLOR=blue]"I suppose it would have upset me even a few days ago. But this is an important thing for you, especially considering what you had to fight to even get this far. I want to be there for you."[/COLOR] That much was true. But true to their word, somehow all the fuss over my internship credit went away and I was back to graduating with honors. To skip the ceremony after all that effort didn't seem right. That Kirk wanted to come with me was a surprise, especially given what he'd gone through the past few weeks. All the same I appreciated the sentiment he was trying to convey. I kissed him on the cheek to demonstrate my approval. [COLOR=red]"You're sweet. Of course I want you to be with me. I just don't know what kind of reception you'll get on campus."[/COLOR] Kirk shrugged. [COLOR=blue]"That I don't care about. I'm not going there for them. I'm going there for you."[/COLOR]

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][IMG]http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s59/Wallbanger1071/internet.jpg[/IMG][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][B]News and Notes from the World of Wrestling: The Month in Review (April 2007)[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][B]Japan[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B]Pro Wrestling SAISHO[/B], the developmental company for PGHW, has enjoyed a strong run lately and with the guidance of its parent company, has seen both its fortunes and its influence in the Japanese wrestling scene rise. The Tohuku-based company can no longer be considered a mere local dojo, it is earning fans in its own right and is an excellent incubator for the Glory Crown champions of tomorrow.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]---[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Speaking of [B]Pride Glory Honor Wrestling[/B], their Ragged Glory tour has hit full stride in April, with its high point being the PGHW Night Of FORTITUDE pay-per-view, selling out the 10,000-seat Fukuoka Athletics Stadium. On that card [B]Raymond Diaz won his first Historical Japan title[/B], ending the multiple-tour, nearly year-long run of Bryan Holmes. Ten days later the PGHW International title changed hands as Tetsunori Yasuda defeated Washi Heat at a tour show at Kochi Stadium. Now PGHW is gearing up for Night of GLORY in May before going off tour in June.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]---[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][B]World Level Wrestling opened its Golden Tour[/B] this month and has been going at a hectic pace with three shows a week across Japan. Their draw has been fairly strong, with most shows seating well over 1,000 fans. Two title changes of note have been highlights of the tour to date: [B]Cyber Fighter 3000[/B] defeated [B]UK Dragon[/B] for the [B]World Level Tap Out title[/B] at Kyoto Arena, and in a surpising upset, [B]Hell Monkey and The Incredible KOYAMA[/B] defeated 3 time champions Power Trip WLW (Haru Kurofuji and Koji Kojima) for the [B]World Level Tag Team titles[/B] at Gifu Arena. The Golden Tour continues through May.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]---[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]At [B]Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods[/B], the Forsaken tour enters its second month, and a wild month it has been, with four of the company's five titles changing hands. [B]VENOM won his second Burning Openweight Championship[/B], defeating Nissho Yuasa at Nagoya Sports Stadium. [B]Eiji Hamacho[/B] ended the eight-month [B]Burning World Championship[/B] reign of Hiroaki Nakasawa at Fukushima Stadium. At Burning Hammer's Test of Prophecies pay-per-view, [B]Optimus[/B] showed his fans that he can still go, picking up a record ninth [B]Burning Junior Championship[/B] title. He defeated Marihito Masuko, who had held the title since December. [B]Yoshii Shiomi and Shibanuma[/B] defeated two-time champs Hyosuke Konan & Kansuke Konda for the [B]Burning Junior Tag Team titles.[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]---[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]On the women's side, [B]5 Star Supreme Wrestling[/B] launched their Tough Love Tour in April, with fairly strong crowds in the high three digits. The high point of the tour has been their Golden Week holiday show in Toyama Hall, where both singles titles were claimed by new champions. The rising star [B]DEVIL Karube captured her first 5 Star All-Asian title[/B] at the show, defeating Saeko Hiroyuki in a high-flying thriller. In a main event that brought the house down, [B]Thunder Hike[/B] won her fifth [B]5 Star World title[/B] from Crusher Ichihara. Hike still trails her rivals in the "magic three" in total world championships, Ichihara with six and Sensational Ogiwara with seven. Even so, she has more than earned her place in this trio of champions.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]---[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][B]UK and Europe[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]The European scene is almost nonexistent due to both the overall economy and the weak state of the industry. Neither UCR or the new EPLF seem to be drawing fans to their shows and industry insiders wonder how much longer the more talented workers will wait before entertaining options in the Orient or North America. The British scene is a bit better, but is struggling also. No major stories from any of the three UK-based companies, though we note that at Ring Of Fire's Live and Let Die Show, [B]The Shooters (Billy Robinson and Don Henderson)[/B] defeated Absolutely Flawless (Kelly and Lance Martin) for the [B]Ring Of Fire Tag Team titles[/B]. It is the third time the tandem has held the belts.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]---[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=3][B]North America[/B][/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]In the US, the story of the month, and the year to date, is the ongoing trials and tribulations of [B]Total Championship Wrestling[/B]. Both their show quality and popularity have fallen off from their 2006 numbers and while they are still the #2 company in the US, they are now a distant second to the Supreme Wrestling Federation (who are dropping in popularity as well, but not as quickly). To complicate matters, competition from the "second tier" of US-based companies (DaVE, USPW, CZCW) is getting fiercer, and Canadian juggernaut North of The Border Pro Wrestling has made its presence known in the US in 2007 with a major TV deal and a concerted effort to hold shows south of the 49th parallel.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]---[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We noted above that even [B]SWF[/B] is struggling in the current US scene. Their April PPV, The World Is Watching, recorded an over half-point drop in their buy rate, only pulling a 5.64 compared to their three previous PPV's which all recorded buy rates over 6.0. At The World Is Watching, [B]Eric Eisen[/B] defeated Bart Biggz for the SWF North American Title. Biggz's North American title reign now has the dreaded 'transitional' tag attached to it, as he only held the title fo one month and only managed two defenses.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]---[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]After a short, and frankly, uninspired run, Travis Century relinquished the [B]Danger and Violence Extreme Brass Knuckles title[/B] to the masked star [B]Acid[/B]. It is Acid's first title reign of note and may be a sign of more to come from the popular star. Just down the turnpike in [B]Mid Atlanic Wresling, Mainstream Hernandez[/B] defeated Steven Parker for the [B]Mid Atlantic Championship[/B] title at their April show.[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]---[/FONT] [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]The Mexican scene has been steady, if a bit quiet this spring. [B]Soul Taker and Electo [/B]defeated Team Crime (El Guardiano Jr and Atlantis Jr) for the [B]Campeones de Parejas MPWF[/B] titles at their major April show, Encima, which sold out the National Arena in Tijuana.[/FONT] --------- [B]Mat Masters Tour (Sunday, Week 1, May 2007)[/B] [quote] (Dark) Davis Wayne Newton defeated Rolling Johnny Stones in 8:11 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex. [B](C-)[/B] (Dark) Bulldozer Brandon Smith defeated Kirk Heidenreich in 7:45 by pinfall with a Backdrop Driver. [B](C-)[/B] Samoan Insanity defeated The Kelowna Playaz in 9:43 when Insane Machine defeated Craig Green by pinfall with a Termination Kick. [B](C-)[/B] Grace Harper defeated JeriLynn Stone in 7:55 by submission. [B](C+)[/B] Edd Stone defeated Marc Speed in 11:49 by pinfall with a Party's Over. [B](C+)[/B] Freddie Datsun defeated Derek Frost in 10:17 by pinfall with a Patriot Press. [B](C-)[/B] Jeremy Stone defeated Joey Minnesota in 18:11 by submission with a Stone Hold. [B](B)[/B] Dan Stone Jr defeated JD Morgan in 18:10 by pinfall. [B](B+)[/B] Sean McFly defeated Stuart Ferdinand in 17:40 by pinfall with a Delorean Driver. Sean McFly makes defence number 30 of his NOTBPW Heavyweight title. [B](A)[/B] --- [B]Final Rating: B+[/B] This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity. --- [B]Post-Event Report[/B] [B]North Of The Border Pro Wrestling held NOTBPW Mat Masters Tour (Special Sunday Edition) at The North Carolina Biker Museum, and drew 2,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been awesome, the show is getting fantastic reviews.[/B] [/quote] --- [B]Masters of the Squared Circle (Monday, Week 2, May 2007)[/B] [quote] (Dark) Joey Minnesota defeated Kashmir Singh in 7:40 by pinfall with an Empire Spiral. [B](C+)[/B] (Dark) Melody Cuthill defeated Tamara McFly in 8:01 by pinfall with a Melody Maker. [B](C)[/B] Frankie Perez defeated Joss Thompson in 8:13 by pinfall with a Perfect Parity. [B](B+)[/B] Harrison Hash defeated JD Morgan in 13:02 by submission. [B](B-)[/B] Stephanie Hazel defeated Alicia Strong in 7:37 by pinfall. Stephanie Hazel makes defence number 3 of her NOTBPW Womens title. [B](C+)[/B] Duane Stone, Edd Stone and Steve Flash defeated The Natural, Owen Love and Jacob Jett in 14:32; Steve Flash was eliminated first, then Edd Stone, then Jacob Jett, then Owen Love, and finally The Natural. [B](B-)[/B] Shooter Sean Deeley drew with Freddie Datsun in 15:00 when the time limit expired. [B](B)[/B] Dark Angel defeated Jungle Jack in 14:51 by pinfall with a Descent Into Hell. [B](A)[/B] Dan Stone Jr drew with Tim Westybrook in 20:00 when the time limit expired.[B] (A*)[/B] [B]Final Rating: A[/B] This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity. --- [B]Post-Event Report[/B] [B]North Of The Border Pro Wrestling held NOTBPW Masters of the Squared Circle at Molson Palais des Sports, and drew 5,000 fans. The feedback from viewers has been awesome, the show is getting fantastic reviews.[/B] [B]3.10 (up from 2.40) rating on Sports America[/B] [/quote] --- [B]Championship Wrestling (Wednesday, Week 2, May 2007)[/B] [quote] (Dark) Emma Bitch defeated Tamara McFly in 7:51 by pinfall with The Payback. [B](B-)[/B] (Dark) Harrison Hash defeated Joss Thompson in 7:42 by pinfall. [B](C)[/B] Melody Cuthill defeated JeriLynn Stone in 9:03 by pinfall with a Melody Maker. [B](B-)[/B] Tim Westybrook defeated Frankie Perez, Jungle Jack, Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Dallas McWade and Dean McWade in 12:09 when Tim Westybrook defeated Dean McWade by pinfall with a TNT Whirlwind. Tim Westybrook makes defence number 6 of his NOTBPW Donnybrook title. [B](B)[/B] Victoria Stone defeated Gorgon in 8:50 by pinfall. [B](C+)[/B] Shooter Sean Deeley defeated Kirk Heidenreich in 11:04 by submission with a Front Choke Lock. [B](C)[/B] Duane Stone defeated Kashmir Singh in 13:40 by pinfall. [B](B+)[/B] Jeremy Stone defeated Nathan Coleman in 19:44 by pinfall. [B](A*) !!![/B] Sean McFly defeated R.K. Hayes, Steve Flash and Owen Love in 15:18; the order of elimination was Steve Flash first, then Owen Love, and finally R.K. Hayes. Sean McFly makes defence number 31 of his NOTBPW Heavyweight title. [B](B+)[/B] --- [B]Final Rating: B[/B] This show can be considered a success, it should have increased our popularity. --- [B]North Of The Border Pro Wrestling held NOTBPW Championship Wrestling at Ottawa Rams Stadium, and drew 6,975 fans. The feedback from viewers has been positive, with most having liked the vast majority of the show.[/B] [B]15.71 (up from 13.17) on GNN Total Sports[/B] [/quote]

Archived