For the Fans by the Fans: Pro Wrestling is a Sport Again

[CENTER][SIZE="5"][B][COLOR="Red"]For the Fans by the Fans: Pro Wrestling is a Sport Again[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] For awhile Professional Wrestling has been considered a [B]joke[/B]. Fans have been voicing their opinions and concern over the sport which they love but it seems to have fallen over deaf ears. January 2007, [B]Professional Wrestling becomes a sport once again[/B]. After years of garbage being put out by main stream wrestling promotions, and lack of effort dished out by Indy promotions, the fans have decided to [B]revolt[/B]. A board of wrestling "fans" have come together to promote their own company, [B]Hybrid Fighting Association[/B]. A promotion ran by the fans for the fans. Gone are the days where wrestlers are[B] attacked backstage[/B] infront of cameras who just happen to be there. It is understood that if there are any backstage attacks the fighter will be[B] fined/suspended/fired[/B]. [B]No weapons[/B] of any kind can be used during matches unless the rules permit. If a wrestler gets disqualified they will be [B]fined/suspended/fired[/B]. [B]Championship [/B]matches will no longer be given away for no good reason but to boost ratings or draw a bigger house. A [B]Ranking system [/B]will be kept by the board of directors to determine who will be awarded title shots. Hybrid Fighting Association will kick off their debut show with a back-to-back [B]"Ironman Tournament".[/B] 16 fighters will be brought into the company to compete for the first annual Ironman Trophy. Keep checking back for more information on Hybrid Fighting Association ___________ [COLOR="Blue"][I]O.O.C: I'm using my own personal mod. This diary will be a hybrid of wrestling/mma using indy wrestlers. I hope everyone can enjoy it and posts some feedback![/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="black"]The World of Wrestling[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Mainstream Companies[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b] [I]These companies all have national television. While WWE may be the most known company to the masses, it's product has been lacking as of late. WWE has been forced to relay on celebrity appearences to boost ratings and get new viewers. [/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/WWE.jpg[/IMG] [COLOR="red"][B]RAW[/B][/COLOR] Armando Alejandro Estrada Candice Michelle Carlito Charlie Haas Chris Masters Edge Eugene Jeff Hardy Jim Duggan John Cena Johnny Nitro JTG Kenny Dykstra Lance Cade Maria Kenellis Melina Mickie James Mick Foley Randy Orton Ric Flair Rob Conway Robbie McAllistair Rory McAllistair Shad Gaspard Shawn Michaels Shelton Benjamin Super Crazy The Great Khali Torrie Wilson Trevor Murdoch Triple H [B][COLOR="red"]Announcers:[/COLOR][/B] Jim Ross Jerry Lawler [B][COLOR="Red"]Referees:[/COLOR][/B] Jack Doan Mickie Henson Mike Chioda Chad Patton [COLOR="Blue"][B]Smackdown:[/B][/COLOR] Ashley Batista Brian Kendrick Chavo Guerrero Chris Benoit Dave Taylor Finlay Funaki Gregory Helms Idol Stevens Jamie Noble Jillian Hall Jimmy Wang Yang Joey Mercury K.C. James Kane Ken Kennedy King Booker Kristal Marshall Little Bastard Mark Henry Matt Hardy Michelle McCool Mike Mizanin Montel Vontavious Porter Paul London Rey Mysterio Sharmell Sullivan Sylvan The Undertaker Theodore Long William Regal [B][COLOR="blue"]Announcers:[/COLOR][/B] Michael Cole John Bradshaw Layfield Steve Romero Josh Matthews [B][COLOR="blue"]Referees:[/COLOR][/B] Chris Kay Jim Korderas Nick Patrick Charles Robinson [COLOR="PURPLE"][B]ECW:[/B][/COLOR] Ariel Balls Mahoney Bobby Lashley CM Punk Daivari Elijah Burke Little Guido Maritato Hardcore Holly Kelly Kelly Kevin Thorn Marcus Cor Von Matt Striker Mike Knox Rene Dupree Rob Van Dam Sabu The Sandman Snitsky Stevie Richards Test Tommy Dreamer Trinity Rebecca Layla [COLOR="navy"][B]Announcers:[/B][/COLOR] Joey Styles Tazz [B][COLOR="navy"]Referees:[/COLOR][/B] Chris Kay Jim Korderas[/QUOTE] [I]TNA has been bragging about how their product is an alternative to WWE. Although with the signing of Vince Russo, TNA has become a clone of WWE. TNA fans have been turned off by the whacky storylines, bad match stipulations and terrible booking. [/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/TNA.jpg[/IMG] A1 Alex Shelley Austin Starr BG James Scott Steiner Bob Backlund Brother Devon Brother Ray Brother Runt Chris Sabin Christian Cage Christopher Daniels Christy Hemme Coach Scott D'Amore James Storm David Young Gail Kim Havok Hernandez Homicide Jackie Gayda James Mitchell Jay Lethal Jeff Jarrett Jerelle Clark Jerry Lynn Jim Cornette Kazarian Kevin Nash Kip James Konnan Kurt Angle Lance Hoyt Larry Zbyszko Maverick Matt Petey Williams Elix Skipper Puma Raven Robert Roode Ron Killings Samoa Joe Senshi Shark Boy Eric Young Simon Diamond So Cal Val Sonjay Dutt Sting Terry Taylor Abyss AJ Styles Rhino Traci Vince Russo Chris Harris Dutch Mantell Dixie Carter [B]Announcers:[/B] Mike Tenay Don West Jeremy Borash [B]Referees:[/B] Andrew Thomas Billy Dalton Earl Hebner Mark Johnson Rudy Charles[/QUOTE] [I]UFC is on the rise to the top. Breaking out after their hit reality TV show, "The Ultimate Fighter", they manage to keep their fan base and run some televised events. UFC is the new "cool" thing to watch and it shows in the PPV buys. Some UFC PPVs have had more buys than WWE PPVs.[/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/UFC.jpg[/IMG] Anderson Silva Andrei Arlovski Assuerio Silva B.J. Penn Brandon Vera Chris Leben Chuck Lidell Dan Christison David Loiseau Diego Sanchez Drew Fickett Evan Tanner Forrest Griffin Frank Mir Gabriel Gonzaga Georges St. Pierre Jeff Monson Jeremy Horn Joe Riggs Joe Stevenson Jon Fitch Josh Burkman Josh Koscheck Josh Neer Ken Shamrock Luke Cummo Marcio Cruz Matt Hughes Matt Serra Mike Swick Nate Marquardt Nathan Quarry Nick Diaz Patrick Cote Paul Buentello Randy Couture Rashad Evans Renato Sobral Rich Franklin Robbie Lawler Royce Gracie Sam Hoger Sean Shrek Spencer Fisher Stephan Bonnar Tim Sylvia Tito Ortiz Tra Telligman Vitor Belfort [B]Announcers:[/B] Joe Rogan Mike Goldberg [B]Referees:[/B] Herb Dean Steve Mazzagatti[/QUOTE] [I]Wrestling Society X is an upstart company running shows on MTV. They are the true alternative to the other companies, featuring insane high sports and whacky cgi explosions. Although running head to head with ECW has hurt their rating, it seems that the company is building up a fan base.[/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/WSX.jpg[/IMG] Johnny Webb Aaron Aguilera Alkatrazz Arik Cannon Babi Slymm Delikado Disco Machine El Hombre Blanco Enmascarado Genki Horiguchi Human Tornado Jack Evans Jimmy Jacobs Joey Ryan Josh Raymond Kaos Lacey Lizzy Valentine Luke Hawx Masato Yoshino Mat Classic Matt Cross Matt Sydal Nate Webb Ricky Banderas Ruckus Scorpio Sky Syxx-Pac Teddy Hart Tyler Black Vampiro [COLOR="Navy"][B]Announcers[/B]:[/COLOR] Kriss Kloss Bret Ernst Fabian Kaelin[/QUOTE][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]The World of Wrestling[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Independent Companies[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] [I]These are Independent companies who thrive on DVD sales. Although they don't have national television deals, they manage to get their own fan base. CHIKARA Pro is a Family Friendly Lucha Libre promotion. Most of the wrestlers are students of the CHIKARA Wrestle Factory. The two championships in CHIKARA are their version of the Tag Team titles(Campeones de Parejas) and the Young Lions Cup. While the Young Lions Cup is an Annual Tournament, the trophy can be defended. [/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/CHI.jpg[/IMG] Allison Danger Arik Cannon Chris Hero Chuck Taylor Claudio Castagnoli Crossbones Daizee Haze Darin Corbin Delirious Dragon Dragon Eddie Kingston El Hijo del Ice Cream Equinox Fire Ant Gran Akuma Hallowicked Hydra Icarus Ice Cream Jr. Jigsaw Joker Lance Steel Max Boyer Mickie Knuckles Mike Quackenbush Ranmaru Retail Dragon Ricochet Ryan Cruz Sabian Salvatore Thomaselli Shane Storm Skayde Soldier Ant Sumie Sakai UltraMantis Black Vito Thomaselli[/QUOTE] [I]CZW is an Ultra-Violent company who specialize in Deathmatch wrestling. Currently the promotion is moving away from it's bread and butter and making a lot of mistakes. Although fans still flock to see the annual Tournament of Death, Best of the Best and Cage of Death events. [/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/CZW.jpg[/IMG] Adam Flash Andy Sumner B-Boy Cheech Chris Hero Chrissy Rivera Cloudy Danny Havoc Derek Frazier DJ Hyde Drake Younger Drew Gulak Eddie Kingston Hallowicked JC Ryder Jigsaw John Zandig Justice Pain LOBO Lucky Maven Bentley Necro Butcher Nick Gage Niles Young Pandora Robbie Mireno Ruckus Sabian Sexxxy Eddy Sonjay Dutt The Messiah Toby Klein Nate Hatred Vortex[/QUOTE] [I]Full Impact Pro is the sister promotion to Ring of Honor. Although booked by Gabe Sapolsky, the company focuses on a more traditional approach. [/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/fip.jpg[/IMG] Adam Pearce Austin Aries Alex Porteau BJ Whitmer Brent Albright Bryan Danielson Chasyn Rance Claudio Castagnoli Davey Richards Erick Stevens Hallowicked Homicide Jack Evans Jaison Moore Jay Fury Jerelle Clark Jigsaw Jimmy Rave Jimmy Jacobs Joey Machete Kahagas Kory Chavis Krazy K Larry Sweeny Laduke Jakes Mark Briscoe Jay Briscoe Matt Sydal Mr. Milo Beasley Necro Butcher Madman Pondo Nigel McGuinness Phil Davis Rainman Roderick Strong Sal Hamaoui Salvatore Rinauro Sean Davis Seth Delay Shawn Murphy Steve Madison[/QUOTE] [I]IWA Mid-South is a small independent company who gained fame with it's over the top Deathmatches. Mid-South continues to draw interest in it's fans especialy during their King of Deathmatches Tournament and Ted Petty Invitational events.[/I] [QUOTE][CENTER][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/IWA-MS.jpg[/IMG] Arik Cannon B-Boy Brandon Thomaselli Chandler McClure Chris Hero Chuck Taylor CJ Otis Claudio Castagnoli Corporal Robinson Darin Corbin Deranged Drake Younger Eddie Kingston Eric Priest Ian Rotten Jigsaw Jimmy Jacobs Josh Abercrombie Larry Sweeny Low-Ki Madman Pondo Marek Brave Mickie Knuckles Ms. Chif Necro Butcher Rain Ricochet Ryan Cruz Salvatore Thomaselli Toby Klein Trik Davis Tyler Black Vito Thomaselli[/QUOTE] [I]Originaly JAPW was a hardcore wrestling based promotion. Although a hardcore ban forced the company to book a more traditional show. The promotion rebound by focusing more on pure wrestling. JAPW has been running shows throughout New Jersey, as well as venturing into Connecticut, Pennsylvania and Massachusetts.[/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/JAPW.jpg[/IMG] Jay Lethal Azriael Necro Butcher Chuck Taylor Tyler Black Plazma Frankie Kazarian Human Tornado Deranged B-Boy Nicky Benz Teddy Hart Trent Acid Javi-Air Archadia Ricochet Homicide Low Ki Grim Reefer E.C. Negro Corvis Fear Monsta Mack Diablo Santiago Oman Tortuga Altar Boy Luke Danny Demanto Alicia Annie Social April Hunter Jackie Mercedes Martinez Talia Tara Bush [/QUOTE] [I]Pro Wrestling Guerrilla is known for its unique mixes of humor and professional wrestling, as well as their over the top press releases and show titles, which include: "Kee_ The _ee Out Of Our _ool!", "Taste the Radness", and "Free Admission (Just Kidding)."[/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/PWG.jpg[/IMG] Super Dragon Davey Richards Frankie Kazarian Human Tornado El Generico Quicksilver Scorpio Sky Excalibur American Dragon Colt Cabana Roderick Strong Jack Evans Ricky Reyes B-Boy Necro Butcher Matt Sydal Christopher Daniels Chris Sabin Austin Aries Alex Shelley T.J Perkins Rocky Romero Kevin Steen Chris Hero Claudio Castagnoli Alex Koslov Disco Machine Nemisis Ronin Joey Ryan Scott Lost Chris Bosh Phoenix Star Zokre Hook Bomberry Top Gun Talwar Charles Mercury[/QUOTE] [I]Ring of Honor has developed a loyal fanbase in the Northeast and around the country. Ring of Honor also broadcasts on The Fight Network to viewers in Canada and on TWC Fight! to viewers in Great Britain and Ireland.[/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/ROH.jpg[/IMG] Christopher Daniels Matt Sydal Delirious Eddie Edwards Pelle Primeau Alex Payne Colt Cabana Austin Aries Roderick Strong Jack Evans David Crist Jake Crist Ernie Osiris Homicide Davey Richards Brent Albright Jimmy Rave Jimmy Jacobs Rocky Romero Ricky Reyes Mitch Franklin Bryan Danielson Adam Pearce B.J. Whitmer Kid Mikaze Jason Blade Trik Davis Bobby Dempsey Derrick Dempsey Chris Hero Larry Sweeney Claudio Castagnoli Nigel McGuinness Mark Briscoe Jay Briscoe Shane Hagadorn Rhett Titus [/QUOTE] [I]SHIMMER is an All Womens Pro Wrestling company. The promotion usually holds one show featuring a double DVD taping every three months at the Eagles Club in Berwyn, Illinois. It was founded by Dave Prazak and is run by him and Allison Danger. The promotion is closely related to Ring of Honor, and can be considered a sister company.[/I] [QUOTE][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/Shimmer.jpg[/IMG] Amazing Kong Ariel Eden Black Cheerleader Melissa Allison Danger Serena Deeb Sara Del Rey Lexie Fyfe Daizee Haze Malia Hosaka Jazz Josie Rebecca Knox Lacey Lorelei Lee Mercedes Martinez MsChif Amber O'Neal Portia Perez Rain Tiana Ringer Cindy Rogers Nikki Roxx [/QUOTE] [/CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER][CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]Enter Hybrid Fighting Association[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Pro Wrestling and Mixed Martial Arts[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] Hybrid Fighting Association is a wrestling promotion run by the fans for the fans. It features a mixture of MMA/Pure Wrestling/Lucha Libre/Deathmatch wrestling. Gone are the days when cameras "accidentaly" catch wrestlers attacking each other backstage. It's time for pro wrestling to become a sport once again. [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/hfa.jpg[/IMG] Hybrid Fighting Association will be running a 2 Day "Ironman Tournament" in the first week of February. Fighters from all over the world have been contacted. Be sure to check back to find out who will be entering the Tournament. [B]*JUST IN*[/B] Hybrid Fighting Association has announced some big news for upcoming events and future DVD releases. [B]The Voice of HFA on their DVDs will be:[/B] [B]Jeremy Medeiros[/B] Former APW play-by-play commentator. Has been working as a commentator for nearly 9 nears. [B] & Kevin Kelly[/B] Former WWE color commentator and backstage interviewer. Since leaving WWE, he has been helping various indy shows as a road agent and booker. [B]Also HFA has signed their offical referees for their upcoming events:[/B] [B]Brian Hebner[/B] Son of one of WWE's past top referee's Earl Hebner. Had a job with WWE untill his father and Uncle were let go. [B]John Finegan[/B] Former ECW head offical. He has officated some of ECW's top matches. [B]Mike Edwards[/B] A Canadian referee who has been working with ECCW. One of the top Canadian referees. [/CENTER][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]The World of Pro Wrestling[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Weekly Report[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"][U]January, Week 1[/U]:[/SIZE][/B] [QUOTE][B]1/1/07[/B] WWE warns the public about a mass roster cut so that the company can cut back at some costs. [/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/2/07[/B] WWE releases Layla, Jim Ross, Daivari, Todd Grisham, Lilian Garcia, Steve Romero, Scott Armstrong, Chris Kay, Mickie Henson, Jack Doan, Paul Heyman, Sgt. Slaughter, Pat Patterson, Gerald Brisco, Arn Anderson[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/2/07[/B] Raven hurt badly at TNA Impact! tapings. Raven suffered a serious injury during his match against Kurt Angle at the TNA Impact! tapings. We'll post updates when they become available. [/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/3/07[/B] WWE releases Michelle McCool, Little Bastard, Melina, Armando Alejandro Estrada, Jonathan Coachman, Sharmell Sullivan, Mick Foley, Chris Kay, Ricky Steamboat, Mike Chioda, John Laurinatis, Steve Keirn, The Brooklyn Brawler, Tim White[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/4/07[/B] WWE releases Funaki, Maria & Krystal Marshall Drake Younger won the CZW Heavyweight Championship at CZW's "Answering the Challenge". Fans were delighted to see him end Justice Pain's reign as champion. [B]CZW "Answering the Challenge"[/B] Wednesday, Week 1, January 2007 Alumni Memorial Fieldhouse 2,000 SELL OUT! Show Rating: D+ Drake Younger defeated Justice Pain for the CZW Heavyweight Championship D-[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]Breaking News[/SIZE][/B] Last week, Hybrid Fighting Association announced a 2 Day IronMan Tournament for their debut show. 16 men from around the world will be chosen to compete in a tournament to determine who is truly the toughest man in the world. HFA has sent out e-mails to various wrestling news sites about the first two confirmed matches for the event. [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/logos/imt2.jpg[/IMG] [B]Daniel Puder[/B] is a former MMA fighter who was trained by Frank Shamrock. Puder entered and won the fourth Tough Enough competition that was conducted as part of WWE's SmackDown! show. During the Tough Enough contest, Daniel Puder nearly beat Kurt Angle in a shoot fight. Daniel Puder looks to win the IronMan Tournament and prove that he is the toughest man alive. [B]Sean O'Haire [/B]former Kick Boxer turned wrestler. Graduated from the WCW Power Plant and went onto forming the Natural Born Thrillers. Sean O'Haire competed in 3 MMA fights, his fight record is 1-2. O'Haire is looking to prove himself as a real fighter and win the IronMan Tournament. [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/logos/imt1.jpg[/IMG] [B]KENTA[/B] combines high-flying with some deadly strikes, and has already gained a big fan following. 2003 was a big year for KENTA as he, alongside his partner Naomichi Marufuji, became the first winners of the GHC Jr. Heavyweight Titles after they defeated Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Takehiro Murahama in the finals of the title tournament. KENTA continued to make waves in NOAH in 2004 when he embarked on a 7 match singles trial, where he was a more than credible opponent for such heavyweights as Yoshihiro Takayama, Jun Akiyama, Mitsuharu Misawa and Kenta Kobashi. The future looks bright for KENTA. [B]Steve Corino[/B] uses a hybrid of Old School along with some hardcore wrestling. He is a former ECW and most recently AWA Heavyweight Champion. The King of Old School has made a successful career for himself in Japan and looks to cement his legacy in the USA. Can Corino win the IronMan Tournament and become a World Wide Great? ____________________________________ [B]Hybrid Fighting Association Week 1, February 2007 IronMan Tournament Day 1[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Daniel Puder vs Sean O'Haire KENTA vs Steve Corino[/COLOR] [B]plus much much more...[/B] [/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]The World of Pro Wrestling[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Weekly Report[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B]1/8/07[/B] WSX releases Luke Hawx from his contract PWG hires Cheerleader Melissa & Mercedes Martinez[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/9/07[/B] FIP hires Melina Perez[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/10/07[/B] Dave Hebner signs with UFC FIP hires Joel Gertner WSX rises to Small Size MTV warns WSX about their low TV ratings[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/11/07[/B] Trevor Murdoch is traded from the RAW brand to Smackdown Gregory Helms is traded from the Smackdown brand to ECW Sara del Ray won the vacant SHIMMER Title last night at "Torch of War" Ariel & Cheerleader Melissa won the vacant SHIMMER Tag Titles last night at "Torch of War" Lacey won the vacant SHIMMER Arena Title last night at "Torch of War" SHIMMER "Torch of War" Wednesday, Week 2, January 2007 West Park Party Center 233 people Rating: D Ariel & Cheerleader Melissa defeated Amber O'Neal & Christie Ricci for the SHIMMER Tag Titles D- Lacey defeated Mercedes Martinex for the SHIMMER Arena Title D- Sara del Ray defeated Daizee Haze for the SHIMMER Title D[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/12/07[/B] WSX signs Michiko Omukai Syxx-Pac defeated Vampiro to win the WSX Heavyweight championship. Wrestling Society X Saturday, Week 2, January 2007 Galaxy Theater 240 People Rating: D+ Syxx-Pac defeated Vampiro for the WSX Heavyweight title D+[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]Breaking News[/SIZE][/B] Last week, HFA announced two matches for the debut IronMan Tournament event. Hybrid Fight Association has revealed to various wrestling media two more matches for the Tournament. [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/logos/imt3.jpg[/IMG] [B]Sylvester Terkay[/B] finished second in the 1992 NCAA Division I Heavyweight tournament, losing to future Olympic gold medalist (and future fellow Pro Wrestling superstar) Kurt Angle by points, 2-1, and later became champion in 1993. According to Angle's autobiography It's True, It's True, Terkay had 78 pins during his college career. In 1993, his final college wrestling season, Terkay pinned every opponent in an average of just over a minute, including Don Whipp of Michigan State. Sylvester Terkay is looking to prove that he is the true IronMan. [B]Bison Smith [/B]is considered one of the top gajin wrestlers in Japan. Despite onlys starting his career in 1998, Smith has competed for WWF, APW, UPW, UWA, and other promotions. Can Smith win the Tournament and break out in the United States? [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/logos/imt4.jpg[/IMG] [B]CW Anderson[/B] exploded in the wrestling scene when he competed for ECW. In his early ECW career he formed the New Dangerous Alliance along with Wild Bill Wiles, Elektra and Lou E. Dangerously, when the group seperated he continued his ECW career teaming with Simon Diamond and Johnny Swinger. In 2005 Anderson was hospitalized after a supplement named Superdrol gave him jaundice and caused his liver to stop functioning. He returned to the ring after several months, during which he lost 40 lb (18 kg) in weight. CW Anderson is determined to return to wrestling and make a name for himself in the IronMan Tournament. [B]D-Lo Brown[/B] started his career in Smokey Mountain Wrestling as a bodyguard for The Gangsta's (New Jack and Mustafa). Once the Gangstas left SMW he signed with the WWF and started a successful career. While in WWF, D-Lo managed to win the European and IC Championship. After being released he had a stint in TNA and All Japan Pro Wrestling. D-Lo Brown looks to reclaim his US career in the Ironman Tournament. ____________________________________ [B]Hybrid Fighting Association Week 1, February 2007 IronMan Tournament Day 1[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Daniel Puder vs Sean O'Haire KENTA vs Steve Corino Sylvester Terkay vs Bison Smith CW Anderson vs D-Lo Brown[/COLOR] [B]plus much much more...[/B] _______________________________ [B]Hybrid Fighting Association Week 1, February 2007 IronMan Tournament Day 2[/B] [COLOR="blue"]The conclusion of the IronMan Tournament[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]The World of Pro Wrestling[/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]Weekly Report[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B]1/14/07[/B] People within WWE are complaining about HHH forming political alliances within the company. [/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/15/07[/B] WSX signs Mike Chioda Johnny the Bull and Mike Mondo won the OVW Southern Tag Titles last night. Ohio Valley Wrestling Tuesday, Week 3, January 2007 Paramarx Arena 1,000 people Rating: E+ Johnny the Bull & Mike Mondo defeated Shawn Spears & Cody Runnels E Sharmell Sullivan has been sent to Deep South Wrestling for further development[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/16/07[/B] The S.A.T.'s beat Jay Lethal & Azrieal to win the JAPW Tag Titles last night Jersey All Pro Wrestling Wednesday, Week 3, January 2007 Draddy Gym 2,000 people Rating: C SAT defeated Jay Lethal & Azrieal to win the JAPW Tag Titles C+[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/17/07[/B] "Wildcat" Chris Harris beat Chris Sabin for the X-Division Championship. TNA Impact Thursday, Week 3, January 2007 Will Rogers Coliseum 4,933 people Rating: C Chris Harris defeated Chris Sabin for the TNA X Division title C[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/18/07[/B] Frankie Kazarian beat The Human Tornado to win the PWG Championship at "Teen Outreach Summit" PWG Teen Outreach Summit Saturday, Week 3, January 2007 Hollywood-Los Feliz JCC 300 people Rating: D+ Frankie Kazarian defeated Human Tornado for the PWG Championship D+[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"]Breaking News[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/logos/imt5.jpg[/IMG] [B]Matt Lindland [/B]adapted his wrestling skills to mixed martial arts fighting, with the aid of his friends Randy Couture, Dan Henderson and others at Team Quest. He progressed rapidly through the ranks of the middleweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship until losing to Murilo Bustamante in a championship match. Lindland was released by UFC in a controversial manner after he said some negative comments about the company. "The Law" Matt Lindland looks to proclaim his dominance by becoming the IronMan. [B]Kevin Steen [/B]is a young wrestler from Montreal. He has impressed many wrestling fans with his agility, especialy for his massive size. Steen exploded in the Indy scene and won various championships including the ISW Championship, CZW Iron Man Championship, PWG Championship and EWR Championship. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen is ready to take the next step in the pro wrestling world by winning the IronMan Tourney. [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/logos/imt6.jpg[/IMG] [B]Toby Klein[/B] is known as "Mr. Insanity" to most wrestling fans. He gained his nickname after his grueling and insane Deathmatches in IWA Mid-South. Klein uses a hard hitting hardcore wrestling style with a hybrid of some mat wrestling. "Mr. Insanity" has done pretty well for himself in the Deathmatch division, winning the IWA Mid-South King of the Deathmatches Tournament. But how well Klein do outside of his element in a Pure Wrestling Tournament? [B]Matt Morgan[/B] was first introduced to WWF as part of its Tough Enough II program but left the show early due to injury. Shortly after, WWE signed the giant to a contact and he debut as Brock Lesnar's sidekick in Team Lesnar. Morgan was injured once again and was forced to take more time off. When he returned, WWE repackaged him as a stuttering Big Man. It wasn't long untill WWE released him. Matt Morgan found work in Japan under NJPW, AJPW & HUSTLE promotion. The monster known as Matt Morgan is ready to return to the US and destroy all of his opponents in the IronMan Tournament. ____________________________________ [B]Hybrid Fighting Association Week 1, February 2007 IronMan Tournament Day 1[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Daniel Puder vs Sean O'Haire KENTA vs Steve Corino Sylvester Terkay vs Bison Smith CW Anderson vs D-Lo Brown Matt Lindland vs Kevin Steen Toby Klein vs Matt Morgan[/COLOR] [B]plus much much more...[/B] _______________________________ [B]Hybrid Fighting Association Week 1, February 2007 IronMan Tournament Day 2[/B] [COLOR="blue"]The conclusion of the IronMan Tournament[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]The World of Pro Wrestling[/SIZE] [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Weekly Report[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [QUOTE][B]1/19/07[/B] Matt Hardy wins the United States Championship after defeating Chris Benoit on Smackdown. WWE Smackdown Tuesday, Week 4, January 2007 RICOH Coliseum 6,577 Rating: C Matt Hardy defeated Chris Benoit for the US Title C+ Wrestling Society X loses it's time slot after failing to improve their TV ratings[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/22/07[/B] Milano Collection AT won the CHIKARA Pro Young Lions Cup. CHIKARA Young Lions Cup 2007 Thursday, Week 4, January 2007 Hammerstein Ballroom 1,000 Rating: D 1st Round Hydra defeated Max Boyer Milano Collection AT defeated Shane Storm Salvatore Thomaselli defeated Fire Ant Chuck Taylor defeated El Hijo del Ice Cream 2nd Round Milano Collection AT defeated Hydra Chuck Talor defeated Salvatore Thomaselli Finals Milano Collection AT defeated Chuck Taylor for the Young Lions Cup TNA Impact loses its time alot after failing to improve their TV ratings[/QUOTE] [QUOTE][B]1/26/07[/B] WWE Royal Rumble Sunday, Week 4, January 2007 Madison Square Garden 30,000 Rating: C PPV Buy Rate: 8.33[/QUOTE]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/logos/imt7.jpg[/IMG] [B]Masato Tanaka[/B] was trained by Atsushi Onita and started his career in FMW where he wrestled in matches featuring explosions and barbed wire, Tanaka earned a variety of scars, and the nickname "Dangan", which he would often shout during his matches. Tanaka found success in the United States when Paul Heyman brought him into ECW. His matches with Mike Awesome were historic. Tanaka eventualy would go onto winning the ECW Heavyweight Championship. Will Tanaka prove to the world that he is the true IronMan? [B]NOSAWA[/B] started his career under a mask as The General. He competed as the General in a Japanese company called PWC untill it went out of business. Soon after, The General took off his mask and became NOSAWA. NOSAWA started his career in Mexico, teaming up with MAZADA and TAKEMURA as the "Tokyo Gangsters". Although NOSAWA isn't the most known Japanese wrestler in the US, he has competed in his fair share of American promotions. NOSAWA has worked for Juggalo Champion**** Wrestling, Combat Zone Wrestling, TNA(Team Japan), Xtreme Professional Wrestling...etc. Can the "Tokyo Gangster" find ultimate success as the IronMan? [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/logos/imt8.jpg[/IMG] [B]Billy Kidman[/B] is most famous for his Shooting Star Press, a move which most wrestlers claim is the most dangerous move in professional wrestling. Kidman picked up a fan following when he joined Raven's Flock, as a character who seems to be a drug addict(always itching himself) who lives a grunge lifestyle. Once the group broke up, Billy Kidman was able to drop the character and let his athletic skills talk for themselves. Kidman managed to capture the WCW Cruiserweight Title, WCW Crusierweight Tag Team Titles, WCW Tag Team titles, WWE Cruiserweight title & WWE Tag Team titles. After being let go by WWE, Billy Kidman has a short stint in Frontier Wrestling Alliance. Now Billy Kidman is ready to take the United States by storm and becoming the IronMan. [B]Kid Kash[/B] first mainstream exposer was in ECW. He had a character who looked very similar in appearence to Kid Rock. Kash jumped to WCW and wrestled as "Cash", unfortunately his stay was short lived as the company went out of business soon after. Kid Kash found himself in TNA as a ****y vetern. He dominated the X-Divison and eventualy won the X-Division Championship. Kash was released by TNA on April 19, 2005 after he gave a radio interview (Wrestling News Live) where he protested the fact that he was not being allowed to appear at ECW One Night Stand 2005. His first appearance on television was as one of many interferers in the main event at ECW One Night Stand 2005. Kid Kash went onto winning the WWE Cruiserweight championship. After losing the Cruiserweight title at the Royal Rumble, Kash began to frequently tag team with fellow cruiserweight Jamie Noble to take on the face members of the cruiserweight division; during May 2006, Kash and Noble debuted a gimmick, where they wore dog collars and often barked and bit. The pair were soon named The Pit Bulls and entered the hunt for Paul London and Brian Kendrick's WWE Tag Team Championship. However, the team came to an end upon Kash's release from the company on September 27th, 2006 ____________________________________ [B]Hybrid Fighting Association Week 1, February 2007 IronMan Tournament Day 1[/B] [COLOR="Blue"]Daniel Puder vs Sean O'Haire KENTA vs Steve Corino Sylvester Terkay vs Bison Smith CW Anderson vs D-Lo Brown Matt Lindland vs Kevin Steen Toby Klein vs Matt Morgan Masato Tanaka vs NOSAWA Billy Kidman vs Kid Kash[/COLOR] _______________________________ [B]Hybrid Fighting Association Week 1, February 2007 IronMan Tournament Day 2[/B] [COLOR="blue"]The conclusion of the IronMan Tournament[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][B][SIZE="3"]Hybrid Fighting Association presents...[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]The IronMan Tournament[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Day 1: The First Round[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="Blue"]"Tough Enough" Daniel Puder vs Sean O'Haire KENTA vs "King of Old School" Steve Corino "The Bear" Sylvester Terkay vs Bison Smith CW Anderson vs D-Lo Brown "The Law" Matt Lindland vs "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen "Mr. Insanity" Toby Klein vs Matt Morgan Masato Tanaka vs NOSAWA Billy Kidman vs Kid Kash[/COLOR] [B][SIZE="3"]Hybrid Fighting Association presents...[/SIZE][/B] [B][SIZE="5"]The IronMan Tournament[/SIZE][/B] [B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Day 2: The Conclusion[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [COLOR="blue"]The conclusion of the IronMan Tournament[/COLOR] __________________________________________ The participants have been selected and the card is set. Who will become the 2007 IronMan?! Make your predictions on who will be winning the entire tournament. Thanks to those who took the time to leave comments. [/CENTER]

[CENTER]Before we get to HFA's IronMan Tournament, let's re-cap the offical rules of Hybrid Fighting Association. [B][SIZE="5"]Hybrid Fighting Association's Rules[/SIZE][/B] [B]Rule 1:[/B] A match can only be won inside of the ring by pinfall, submission or TKO. If the match goes to a Draw then the decision will go to our ringside Judges who will add up their score and determine an offical winner. Matches are judged on strikes, takedowns, moves, pinfall attempts, submission attempts and reversals. [B]Rule 2:[/B] There will be no weapons or any kind involved in matches, unless stated otherwise. Any wrestler caught using a weapon will be fined/suspended or fired. [B]Rule 3:[/B] There will be no backstage attacks/ambushing. If a wrestler is caught doing so, he will be fined/suspended or fired. [B]Rule 4: [/B]If an offical is attacked in any manner by any wrestler he will be fined/suspended or fired.[/CENTER]

[CENTER]The IronMan Tournament will be a 2 day event filled with Hard Hitting, High Flying, Heart Stopping Action. But now Hybrid Fighting Association is proud to add a little T.N.A. into the mix and by T.N.A. we don't mean Jeff Jarrett's promotion... [IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u219/hfa2k7/logos/imrg.jpg[/IMG] [B]Ashley Lawrence[/B] is a fitness model who had a very short stint in WCW as a nWo Girl. She will be the offical ring card girl for the 2007 IronMan Tournament. [COLOR="Blue"]Don't forget to cast your predictions on who will take home the IronMan Trophy[/COLOR].[/CENTER]

Archived