Quick question regarding TV contract

Hi, I'm currently playing as DAVE in my game, and at the start of the game I am informed that I have just 1 seasons left of my TV contract. Come the start of the 2nd month and I can not apply to renew it. However, my current network say something along the lines of my product no longer suiting them or something like this. No other network wants me either :( Now, my question is would changing my product make the network want to re-new my contract? DAVE are quite a hardcore/cult promotion, so would making it more mainstream company help to persuade them? Also, I imagine this would alienate some of my fans, so would it be worth doing this just to get the TV deal re-newed or not?

As DAVE you need to apply to TV networks described as Cult/Risky. The mainstream networks are unlikely to want you. Changing the product could help though. Another possible solution would be if you have got yourself a PPV deal, then just run weekly PPVs for a season or two, until your overness has (hopefully) increased, or you have managed to slowly alter you product over time.

No - keep the monthly event, but just add in a weekly event as well as them. The weekly "PPV" is just your "TV show" until you get a new TV deal that you like. You still have the monthly one that the four weekly ones built up to. The one thing I would suggest is to have your monthly big PPV as the first event of the month if you can, cos your live audience and your PPV buys will tend to drop during the 5 shows each month. The other good thing about this (or at least it was in 05 - haven't tried it yet in 07) was that you make a LOT of cash by doing this - and that is one of the hard things about DAVE normally now - to balance the books, with all the written contracts you've got.

OK cheers for your help. One final question though. What would be the best part of my product to change to make me more marketable for TV networks? I'm guessing if I lowe the cult and hardcore that might do it? If I lower them, would I need to increase something else to compensate, or does it not work like that?

Archived