[Death of the Territories] The Dunvegan Dynasty (MACW)

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 4, April 1984 Held in the Stephen C. O'Connell Center in Gainesville, Florida [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Asesinos de Infierno defeated The Kelly Twins in 4:52 when El Satanico defeated Mike Kelly by submission with an El Nudo.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *The Assassin looked good out there. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]The Blackjacks defeated The Family in 5:26 when Blackjack Mulligan defeated The Great Kabuki by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/B] *Blackjack Mulligan seemed off his game tonight. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]RACE AND LAWLER JOIN FORCES[/B] *The cameras backstage find Harley Race and Jerry Lawler discussing something *Race mentioned helping Lawler with Mr. Monroe in exchange for an alliance against Flair *Race and Lawler shake hands [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 1] FLORIDA BAHAMAS TITLE BOUT Mr. Wrestling II v Doug Dunvegan (c)[/B] *Mr. Wrestling II shook hands with Dunvegan before the bell *Dunvegan opened with some stiff punches, but was quickly taken to the mat and schooled by Mr. Wrestling II *Mr. Wrestling II could not get the job done, and Dunvegan managed to turn the match around with a heavy offensive *[I]Doug Dunvegan defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 11:58 by pinfall with an Iron Fist. Doug Dunvegan makes defence number 1 of his Florida Bahamas title.[/I] *Mr. Wrestling II and Doug Dunvegan have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. *This match lifted the crowd. *Doug Dunvegan is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]HENNIG WANTS A REMATCH[/B] *Curt Hennig comes out and challenges Paul Orndorff to a rematch, calling him a coward for attacking him backstage [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 2] FLORIDA TELEVISION TITLE BOUT Steve Keirn v "Outlaw" Ron Bass (c)[/B] *Keirn was anxious to get some gold again, but Bass would not make it easy *Keirn tried to take Bass down, but got beat into a corner *Keirn got a second wind and almost won it, but Bass turned the tables again with a low blow, followed by pulling the tights during the pinfall *[I]Ron Bass defeated Steve Keirn in 8:47 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Ron Bass makes defence number 19 of his Florida Television title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]ORNDORFF ACCEPTS THE CHALLENGE[/B] *Paul Orndorff comes out and calls Curt Hennig a moron for not knowing his place, then accepted the rematch challenge for next week [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 3] FLORIDA TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT Roop & Hunter v "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat (c)[/B] *Roop and Rhodes started things off, with Roop and Hunter getting an early advantage due to miscommunication between Rhodes and Steamboat *Rhodes and Steamboat started having more and more problems working together as a team, which allowed Roop and Hunter to control the pace of the match *Steamboat eventually took matters into his own hands and whipped Roop into Rhodes, knocking them both out of the ring *Alone with Hunter, Steamboat was easily able to turn things around in order to win it *[I]Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat defeated Roop & Hunter in 14:52 when Ricky Steamboat defeated Rick Hunter by pinfall with a Flying Bodypress. Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat make defence number 1 of their Florida Tag Team titles.[/I] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat don't work well as a team, their timing is all over the place. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH BULLET BOB ARMSTRONG[/B] *Gene Okerlund interviews Bullet Bob Armstrong on the upcoming bout against Snake Roberts. In it, Armstrong promises to do his best. *Gene Okerlund looked dreadful in this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 4] SOUTHEAST TELEVISION TITLE BOUT CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Super Olympia v Jerry "The King" Lawler (c)[/B] *Lawler made fun of Olympia's mask early on, and paid for it as he got hammered into a corner *Olympia gave Lawler a real run for his money, but the match was soon turned around after some dirty tactics *Olympia tried to fight Lawler off, but was overwhelmed *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Super Olympia in 7:20 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 8 of his Southeast Television title. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 17 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]SNAKE ROBERTS PROMO[/B] *Snake Roberts had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Bullet Bob Armstrong. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] FLORIDA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT "Bullet" Bob Armstrong v Snake Roberts (c)[/B] *Snake was vicious from the opening bell, hammering Armstrong into the mat *Armstrong responded by wrestling Snake down, but was unable to take control *Snake recovered and caught Armstrong in the corner before throwing him out of the ring through the ropes *Snake assaulted Armstrong on the outside, ramming him into the ring post and the ring steps *Armstrong got a second wind and laid into Snake, but the damage had been done *[I]Snake Roberts defeated Bullet Bob Armstrong in 17:45 by pinfall with a DDT. Snake Roberts makes defence number 1 of his Florida Heavyweight title.[/I] *Bullet Bob Armstrong and Snake Roberts don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. *This match lifted the crowd. *Snake Roberts is improving in Flying skills. [I]Rating: B[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B+[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][U]Thursday, Week 4, April 1984[/U][/B] [B]AWA:[/B] Steve O & Rheingans defeated Stubbs & Saito for the AWA World Tag Team titles [16 successful defences] [B][U]Friday, Week 4, April 1984[/U][/B] [B]WWF:[/B] Don Muraco defeated Invader 1 for the vacant WWF Heavyweight title [B]GCW:[/B] Butch Reed defeated Les Thornton for the National Television title [14 successful defences] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 4, April 1984 This week we are in the Great Lakes region where Curt Hennig and Magnum T.A. will challenge The Russians for the NWA World Tag Team Titles while Eric Embry challenges Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight.

The Stalin Cup [SIZE="3"][B]Stalin Cup[/B][/SIZE] Sunday, Week 4, April 1984 LIVE from the Cumberland County Memorial Arena in Fayetteville, North Carolina [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Hector Guerrero defeated Steve Wright in 4:33 by pinfall with a Butterfly Suplex. Hector Guerrero makes defence number 2 of his NWA World Junior Heavyweight title.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]Wahoo McDaniel defeated Adrian Adonis in 4:43 by pinfall with a Chop.[/B] *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]PAY-PER-VIEW HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle, Tony Schiavone, and Gene Okerlund hype the upcoming pay-per-view during the pre-show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: C-[/I] [B]MR. MONROE GREETS THE CROWD[/B] *Sputnik Monroe makes his way down to the ring, welcomes the fans, and hypes the upcoming show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] The Bass Brothers (Ron Bass and Don Bass) v Asesinos de Infierno (The Assassin and El Satanico)[/B] *This was a fairly open match *Assassin and Satanico gave R. Bass and D. Bass a run for their money, but the superior teamwork of The Bass Brothers proved to be too much *[I]The Bass Brothers defeated Asesinos de Infierno in 8:44 when Ron Bass defeated El Satanico by pinfall with a Texas Gourdbuster.[/I] *Ron Bass looked good out there. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]ANNOUNCED: THE RUSSIANS V THE BASS BROTHERS[/B] *The Bass Brothers advance to the Stalin Cup Gauntlet [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: C[/I] [B][MATCH 2] The Blackjacks (Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan) v The Hollywood Blondes (Eric Embry and Ken Timbs)[/B] *Both teams worked well together, but The Blackjacks were really on top of things and easily dispatched their opponents *[I]The Blackjacks defeated The Hollywood Blondes in 5:09 when Blackjack Lanza defeated Ken Timbs by submission with a Blackjack Clawhold.[/I] *Blackjack Mulligan looked good out there. *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: D+[/I] [B]ANNOUNCED: THE RUSSIANS V THE BLACKJACKS[/B] *The Blackjacks advance to the Stalin Cup Gauntlet [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: C+[/I] [B]JERRY LAWLER PROMO[/B] *Jerry Lawler cuts a promo hyping up his skills. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 10 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 3] Fuller & Golden (Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden) v The Kelly Twins (Pat Kelly and Mike Kelly)[/B] *Fuller & Golden were on fire in this match and had no problems taking the decisive win *[I]Fuller & Golden defeated The Kelly Twins in 2:49 when Robert Fuller defeated Mike Kelly by submission with a Fuller Leglock.[/I] *Jimmy Golden shone in this match. *Robert Fuller is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]ANNOUNCED: THE RUSSIANS V FULLER & GOLDEN[/B] *Fuller & Golden advance to the Stalin Cup Gauntlet [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 4] Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop and Rick Hunter) v The Family (The Great Kabuki and Jerry Brisco)[/B] *This was a heated bout; Kabuki and Brisco tried everything they could to steal the win *Gary Hart interfered several times, but was finally removed from the equation by Roop and Hunter *Roop & Hunter showed their determination by overcoming the dirty tactics of The Family to keep going *[I]Roop & Hunter defeated The Family in 10:47 when Bob Roop defeated The Great Kabuki by pinfall with an Inverted Shoulderbreaker.[/I] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Gary Hart did some good work at ringside. *Bob Roop is improving in Rumble skills. *Bob Roop is improving in Flying skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]ANNOUNCED: THE RUSSIANS V ROOP & HUNTER[/B] *Roop & Hunter advance to the Stalin Cup Gauntlet [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: C[/I] [B]RICKY STEAMBOAT PROMO[/B] *Ricky Steamboat had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ric Flair. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 10 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B][MATCH 5] The Russians (Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff) v The Bass Brothers (Ron Bass and Don Bass)[/B] *This was a fairly one-sided match, as The Bass Brothers had already wrestled while The Russians were fresh *[I]The Russians defeated The Bass Brothers in 8:08 when Nikita Koloff defeated Don Bass by pinfall with a Russian Sickle.[/I] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Nikita Koloff seemed off his game tonight. *Ron Bass came out of the match looking good. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B][MATCH 6] The Russians (Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff) v The Blackjacks (Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan)[/B] *This match was more open than the previous, as The Blackjacks used their experience to keep up with The Russians *Age eventually became a factor as Nikita isolated Lanza to take the victory *[I]The Russians defeated The Blackjacks in 9:37 when Nikita Koloff defeated Blackjack Lanza by pinfall with a Russian Sickle.[/I] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Blackjack Lanza was visibly tiring toward the end. *Nikita Koloff is improving in Technical skills. *Nikita Koloff is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]HARLEY RACE PROMO[/B] *Harley Race cuts a promo hyping up his skills. *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 10 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 7] The Russians (Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff) v Fuller & Golden (Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden)[/B] *The Russians were finally starting to feel the pressure here, as now they were the ones who had been through more *Fuller dealt with Ivan pretty well as Golden took the fight to Nikita *Nikita eventually got a second wind and turned the match around *[I]The Russians defeated Fuller & Golden in 8:34 when Nikita Koloff defeated Jimmy Golden by pinfall with a Russian Sickle.[/I] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well *The performance of Jimmy Golden stood out as being good. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]ROOP & HUNTER FIGHT FOR AMERICA[/B] *Roop & Hunter cut a promo backstage as they prepare to enter the Stalin Cup Gauntlet *Hunter says that they have the advantage due to being the last team to enter the Gauntlet *Roop says that they are fighting for the United States of America, and that this is where The Russians must be stopped *Paul Jones helped Roop during this segment. *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Paul Jones helped Hunter during this segment. *Bob Roop is learning to show more charisma. *Bob Roop is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B]STALIN CUP HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle is at the podium where he hypes the Stalin Cup and all the matches that have taken place tonight *Caudle says that the upcoming final will be a decisive battle between the United States and the Soviet Union in the field of sports [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 8] STALIN CUP FINAL The Russians (Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff) v Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop and Rick Hunter)[/B] *This was a decisive battle, and the crowd started up "U.S.A." chants throughout the match as Comrade Dink flew the Soviet flag *Roop & Hunter were the fresh team this time, and quickly neutralized Nikita in order to focus on Ivan *Ivan let his experience take over and clobbered Hunter, allowing him and Nikita to isolate Roop for a time *Roop got a second wind and turned the match around, but was taken to the floor by Nikita; Dink nailed Hunter with the Soviet flag, allowing Ivan to finish him off *[I]The Russians defeated Roop & Hunter in 11:42 when Ivan Koloff defeated Rick Hunter by submission after interference from Comrade Dink. The Russians win the Stalin Cup.[/I] *Ivan Koloff was really off his game tonight. *Comrade Dink did some good work at ringside. *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Ivan Koloff is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]THE RUSSIANS WIN IT ALL[/B] *The Russians celebrate winning the Stalin Cup with Comrade Dink *Dink drapes the Soviet flag over Bob Roop and Rick Hunter as debris fills the ring *Ivan and Nikita declare themselves the most dominate tag team of wrestling history, having defeated all the best teams the NWA has to offer *Ivan Koloff is developing better performance skills. *Nikita Koloff is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B]RIC FLAIR PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair had an interview hyping his upcoming singles match with Ricky Steamboat. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 10 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B]MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *The cameras return to Bob Caudle at the podium, where he hypes the upcoming match between Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair for the World Heavyweight Title *Caudle mentions that since this event was being sponsored by the Soviet Union, the NWA has opted to decide the upcoming match in a standard bout instead of a Two-Out-Of-Three-Falls Match *Caudle is unsure why the NWA is going back and forth on the rulings regarding the World Heavyweight Title, and wonders if something more is going on behind the scenes [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B+[/I][/FONT] [QUOTE][CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B][MAIN EVENT][/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/Championships/NWAWorldHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/VS.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/QUOTE] [size=3]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT[/size] [B]Ricky Steamboat v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (c)[/B] Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat lock up, trying to end the night on a good night. After wrestling for position, Steamboat overpowers Flair and sends him to the mat with a stiff double knifehand chop. Flair gets to his knees, and Steamboat takes him over with a vertical suplex. Steamboat starts working on Flair's back at that point, keeping him down but unable to get a submission. Flair reaches the ropes and then trades chops with Steamboat. Jerry Lawler comes to ringside and takes a seat, shouting at the two men in the ring. Flair takes some time to shout at Lawler, but Steamboat reels him in and talks him down. Flair and Steamboat shake hands at that point and lock up again as Lawler rolls his eyes. Flair takes control now, hammering Steamboat to the mat with forearms to the back. Flair starts working over Steamboat's legs, stomping them on the bottom rope. Flair kicks the inside of Steamboat's legs, but is kicked away. Flair goes after Steamboat again, but is tripped up with a drop toe hold. Steamboat works over Flair's knee at that point. Flair reaches the ropes and takes a breather on the floor for a moment as Steamboat works the crowd. Flair gets back in the ring and trades blows with Steamboat, eventually taking him to the mat. Harley Race comes to ringside. Flair lets go of Steamboat and berates Race, who climbs onto the ring apron. Flair and Race exchange words, and then Steamboat pulls Flair away and tells Race to leave. Race spits in Steamboat's face, and Steamboat slaps Race. Race tries to get in the ring as Lawler claps, but referee Tommy Young stops him. Steamboat threatens Race, then turns his attention back to Flair. Flair and Steamboat lock up, but are wary of Lawler and Race at ringside. The two wrestle for position, and Flair gets the advantage with a vertical suplex. Flair works over Steamboat's legs some more, then hits a knee breaker. Ric Flair goes for the Figure-Four, but Ricky Steamboat kicks him off! Steamboat jumps to his feet with a second wind and lays out Flair with multiple knifehand chops. Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff come to ringside. Steamboat sees Ivan and Nikita and goes berserk. As they reach the ring, Steamboat flies out onto them with a double slingshot cross-body. Steamboat starts attacking them, but is quickly overwhelmed by the double-team. Just as Flair is ready to assist, Lawler and Race enter the ring with their chairs and lay out Flair. Referee Tommy Young calls for the bell; the match is thrown out! [B]Ricky Steamboat drew with Ric Flair in 24:58 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. The match also had a lot of interference: Harley Race targeted Flair, Jerry Lawler attacked Flair, Ivan Koloff attacked Steamboat, and finally Nikita Koloff interfered against Steamboat. Ric Flair makes defence number 9 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Rating: A*[/B] *This match lifted the crowd. [B]FLAIR AND STEAMBOAT ARE ASSAULTED![/B] *Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, Ivan Koloff, and Nikita Koloff attack Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat in the ring, leaving them down and out before being chased off by a number of backstage workers. *Ivan Koloff was very underwhelming. *This segment lifted the crowd. *Ivan Koloff is improving at acting. [I]Length: 10 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE=Anubis]Yes, I forgot to make it a Two-Out-Of-Three-Falls Match again. I have no idea why I seem incapable of remembering that rule. For those wondering, the results were not up to par because I really hated running this event to begin with. I only ran it because I had to make up for the losses the resulted from Crockett Cup not airing on pay-per-view to be quite honest. So yeah, my heart was not really into this one.[/QUOTE]

[B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 4.67 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.49 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.86 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 4.81 WWF Lightning U.S. Syndication Big I 3.09 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.65 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.73 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 14.09 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.28 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 7.75 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.96 [/CODE]

April 1984 End of Month Report Aside from the pay-per-view issues with Crockett Cup, this was a great month since I was able to make a profit despite buying out another promotion this time around. [CODE] PPV Revenue: $ 723,688 Ticket Sales: $1,908,100 Sponsors: $ 152,924 Merchandise: $ 471,200 Workers: -$ 573,808 Show Costs: -$ 395,000 Marketing: -$ 25,000 Merchandise: -$ 274,880 Production: -$ 64,000 Misc.: -$1,356,382 ======================== Performance: $ 566,842 Cash: $3,235,456 [/CODE]

[B][U]May 1984 News:[/U][/B] Brady Boone Enters Wrestling Huracan Ramirez Retires From Wrestling [B][U]Monday, Week 1, May 1984[/U][/B] I received a bit of bad news today. Paul Orndorff, who is currently working in one of my main storylines, sustained an injury at last night's NJPW show in a match with Rusher Kimura. He will be out of action for about a month. This is not the worst news in the world, but it does complicate matters slightly as far as my booking plans are concerned. It could be worse, that much is certain.

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 1, May 1984 Held in the CYC Building in Scranton, Pennsylvania [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Wahoo McDaniel defeated Blackjack Mulligan in 5:06 by pinfall with a Chop.[/B] *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]Dory Funk Jr. defeated Bill Watts in 4:48 by submission with a Funk Spinning Toe Hold.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]SNAKE TAKES OUT RHODES[/B] *Gene Okerlund starts to interview Dusty Rhodes, but they are interrupted by an attack by Snake Roberts *Roberts beats Rhodes down and gives him the DDT on the concrete floor [I]Length: 6 Minute Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 1] Chris Markoff v Magnum T.A.[/B] *Markoff and Magnum brawled all over the ring and even on the floor during this relatively even match *Markoff took control after ramming Magnum into the ring post, throwing him into the ring and beating him down *Magnum got a second wind and managed to turn the match around, ramming Markoff's head into all four turnbuckles before finishing him off *[I]Magnum T.A. defeated Chris Markoff in 5:48 by pinfall with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex.[/I] *Magnum T.A. is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]ANNOUNCED: REMATCH BETWEEN WAHOO AND FUNK[/B] *It is announced that there will be a rematch between Wahoo McDaniel and Dory Funk Jr. next week on World Championship Wrestling [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B[/I] [B]HENNIG TAUNTS ORNDORFF[/B] *Curt Hennig comes out for his match and grabs the mic, then proceeds to taunt Paul Orndorff about his recent injury *Hennig accuses Orndorff of getting injured on purpose in order to avoid their rematch [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B][MATCH 2] Curt Hennig v "Playboy" Buddy Rose[/B] *Rose came here to fight, and quickly beat Hennig into a corner *Hennig fought back fairly well, so Rose started to use dirty tricks in an attempt to take control *Hennig countered Rose's tricks easily enough and showed that he was more than ready for this match *[I]Curt Hennig defeated Playboy Buddy Rose in 7:59 by pinfall with a Hennig-plex.[/I] *Playboy Buddy Rose is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]SNAKE: "I DID IT FOR THE MONEY"[/B] *Gene Okerlund interviews Snake Roberts, demanding to know why he assaulted Dusty Rhodes earlier *Snake says that it was nothing personal and that he only did it for the money *The performance of Snake Roberts looked good. *Gene Okerlund underperformed. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B][MATCH 3] Steve Keirn v Jerry Brisco[/B] *This was a fairly straightforward match *Brisco took Keirn to the mat and was able to stop any countering for a while *Keirn eventually got into the match and turned it around, only to get assaulted by Gary Hart while referee Tommy Young's back was turned *Brisco seized the advantage and took Keirn out in short order *[I]Jerry Brisco defeated Steve Keirn in 10:46 by submission after interference from Gary Hart.[/I] *Gary Hart did some good work at ringside. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]TONIGHT: RACE AND SNAKE V FLAIR AND STEAMBOAT[/B] *It is announced that since The Russians aren't here tonight and Dusty Rhodes has been sent to the hospital, it will be Harley Race and Snake Roberts taking on Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat in the main event [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B+[/I] [B]FUNK QUESTS TO DEFEAT WAHOO[/B] *Dory Funk Jr. comes out and cuts a promo in which he promises that he won't rest until he's sent Wahoo McDaniel to a retirement home [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 4] SOUTHEAST TELEVISION TITLE BOUT CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Mr. Wrestling II v Jerry "The King" Lawler (c)[/B] *Mr. Wrestling II gave Lawler a run for his money by taking him to the mat and keeping him down *Lawler tried and failed to get away, and so it looked as though Mr. Wrestling II might finally be the one to defeat him *Lawler finally escaped to the floor and lured Mr. Wrestling II out, then sending him head-first into the ring post *This allowed Lawler to turn the match around a bit, but Mr. Wrestling II would not be defeated so easily, so Lawler had to reach into his bag of tricks to steal the win *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 12:17 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 9 of his Southeast Television title. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 18 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle hypes the upcoming main event in which Harley Race and Snake Roberts will be thrown into a team against Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat *Bob Caudle could use something to freshen his character up. [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] Harley Race and Snake Roberts v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat[/B] *Race refused to start with Flair, who took it out on Snake *Flair kept Snake grounded for several minutes, working well with Steamboat with quick tags and double-teaming *Snake eventually made the tag to Race, who entered against a furious Steamboat *Race got nowhere with Steamboat, who brought Flair in to face his nemesis *Flair took the fight to Race, beat him down, and grounded him on the mat *After some fighting, Flair and Race nailed each other with a double clothesline; both made hot tags *Snake, however, came in with a chair and laid out Flair with it, getting disqualified; he then nailed Steamboat *Race taunted Flair and Steamboat by saying he never intended to win the match but rather just do as much damage as possible *With that Snake, gave Flair a DDT on the chair, busting him open *[I]Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat defeated Harley Race and Snake Roberts in 15:07 when Snake Roberts was disqualified while fighting Ric Flair.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B][U]Tuesday, Week 1, May 1984[/U][/B] I sealed the deal to buy out HCW today for $1,000,000. I have sent contract offers to HCW's champions as usual. PNW, which has been having financial problems as of late as well, rejected a similar offer for now. [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 1, May 1984 This week we are in the Tri State region where Playboy Buddy Rose and Chris Markoff will challenge The Russians for the NWA World Tag Team Titles while Dory Funk Jr. challenges Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight.

[B][U]Saturday, Week 1, May 1984[/U][/B] I successfully signed HCW World Heavyweight Champion Gino Hernandez to a Short Term deal today, so things are looking up. [B][U]Sunday, Week 1, May 1984[/U][/B] I successfully signed HCW National Tag Team Champion Matt Borne to a Short Term deal today, so everything is ready to integrate the HCW championships into MACW's. [B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 4.66 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.49 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.74 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 4.87 WWF Lightning U.S. Syndication Big I 3.12 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.97 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.71 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 13.99 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.29 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 6.73 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 1.01 [/CODE]

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 2, May 1984 Held in the Curtis Hixon Hall in Tampa, Florida [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Greg Valentine defeated Baron Von Raschke in 4:48 by pinfall with a Hammer Elbow Drop.[/B] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]The Assassin defeated Bill Watts in 4:31 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]WAHOO HYPES SECOND BOUT[/B] *Wahoo McDaniel cuts a promo in which he hypes his upcoming rematch with Dory Funk Jr. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 1] FLORIDA TELEVISION TITLE BOUT SOUTHEAST TELEVISION TITLE BOUT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH "Outlaw" Ron Bass (c) v Jerry "The King" Lawler (c)[/B] *This was an outright brawl, and Lawler went into it with much confidence, allowing Bass to take him by surprise *Bass controlled the early minutes of the match, but then Lawler started taking him seriously and turned things around *Bass did everything he could to take Lawler out, but was unable to do so, which allowed for his opponent to beat him cleanly *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Ron Bass in 4:50 by pinfall with a Flying Fist Drop. Jerry Lawler wins the Florida Television title. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 10 of his Southeast Television title.[/I] *Ron Bass and Jerry Lawler have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. *This match lifted the crowd. *Jerry Lawler is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]MR. MONROE BOOKS LAWLER AGAINST SNAKE[/B] *Sputnik Monroe comes out and confronts Jerry Lawler, telling him that he will be facing Snake Roberts in a Title Unification Match next *Lawler tells Mr. Monroe that he'll beat anyone he sends his way at any time *Mr. Monroe laughs and tells him to prove it, clarifying that the match is literally coming up next! [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 2] UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT FLORIDA HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH Jerry "The King" Lawler (c) v Snake Roberts (c)[/B] *Sputnik Monroe takes Gene Okerlund's place at the podium; Lawler was not happy heading into this match, and so he took the fight right to Snake *Snake fought evenly with Lawler and had him on the ropes several times as he wore him down *The fighting spilled to the outside where Lawler played dirty by ramming Snake into the ring steps *Back in the ring, Snake turned things around for a moment before Lawler hit a low blow and then rolled him up with an inside cradle while pulling the tights *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Snake Roberts in 7:47 by pinfall with a handful of tights. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 9 of his United States Heavyweight title. Jerry Lawler wins the Florida Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]MR. MONROE FORCES A THIRD TRIAL FOR LAWLER[/B] *Sputnik Monroe, furious, confronts Jerry Lawler and says that his night isn't over yet *Lawler argues with Mr. Monroe, but to no avail; Doug Dunvegan is his next opponent! [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 3] UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT FLORIDA BAHAMAS TITLE BOUT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH Jerry "The King" Lawler (c) v Doug Dunvegan (c)[/B] *Gene Okerlund is back at the podium; Lawler was starting to tire as this match began, and Dunvegan took full advantage of it *The crowd was solidly behind Dunvegan, rooting for the fall of the villainous Lawler *Lawler still managed plenty of offense, showing his superior experience as he took Dunvegan to the floor and used the ring posts and the ring steps as weapons; Dunvegan is quickly busted open, and Lawler keeps going *Referee Tommy Young loses control of the match, and Lawler and Dunvegan fight into the crowd for a couple minutes *The end comes when Lawler brings a chair into the ring and tries to use it; Dunvegan executes the Iron Fist right into the chair, sending it back into Lawler's face at full force and busting him wide open instantly *[I]Doug Dunvegan defeated Jerry Lawler in 10:54 by pinfall with an Iron Fist. Doug Dunvegan wins the United States Heavyweight title. Doug Dunvegan makes defence number 2 of his Florida Bahamas title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Doug Dunvegan is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]FUNK HYPES SECOND BOUT[/B] *Dory Funk Jr. cuts a vicious promo against Wahoo McDaniel, hyping their upcoming rematch and promising to take him out for good *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 4] "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel v Dory Funk Jr.[/B] *This was an excellent bout with plenty of back and forth action *Wahoo tried to pummel Funk, but was taken to the mat *After some mat fighting, Wahoo got the upper-hand on Funk *Funk tried to turn things around by exposing a turnbuckle, but Wahoo used it against him and damn near knocked him out *[I]Wahoo McDaniel defeated Dory Funk Jr. in 14:03 by pinfall with a Chop.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]FUNK ASSAULTS WAHOO[/B] *Wahoo McDaniel is celebrating in the ring when Dory Funk Jr. grabs a chair from ringside, slides back into the ring, and lays him out *Funk tries to break Wahoo's ankle with the Funk Spinning Toe Hold, and is finally stopped by security *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] FLORIDA TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat (c) v The Russians (Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff) (c)[/B] *Ivan and Nikita quickly took control of this match by isolating Rhodes *Rhodes and Steamboat seemed completely incapable of working together properly, and had several miscommunications *Steamboat tried to intervene and take out Ivan and Nikita by himself, but got beat down and tossed out of the ring *Referee Tommy Young got knocked out, and Harley Race came down to the ring to attack Steamboat while Jerry Lawler showed up and attacked Rhodes *Lawler and Nikita double-teamed Rhodes, and by the time the referee recovered, Nikita was ready to pull the trigger for the win *[I]The Russians defeated Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat in 11:37 when Nikita Koloff defeated Dusty Rhodes by pinfall following interference from Jerry Lawler. During the match we also had Harley Race run in and attack Steamboat. The Russians win the Florida Tag Team titles. The Russians make defence number 6 of their NWA World Tag Team titles.[/I] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Ivan Koloff could use something to freshen his character up. *Dusty Rhodes and Ricky Steamboat don't work well as a team, their timing is all over the place. *Dusty Rhodes looked good out there. *Ivan Koloff is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]THE RUSSIANS TRY TO INJURE STEAMBOAT![/B] *After the match is over, Dusty Rhodes is thrown out of the ring as Ricky Steamboat is dragged in *Ivan Koloff, Nikita Koloff, Harley Race, and Jerry Lawler then take turns hitting piledrivers on Steamboat and bashing him with chairs as the ring fills with debris *Security and several wrestlers and the referees and even Sputnik Monroe himself have to intervene to stop the brutal assault *The show goes off as the announcers ponder Steamboat's fate *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Nikita Koloff performed poorly in this segment. *The performance of Harley Race looked good. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 2, May 1984 This week we are in the Tri State region where Mr. Wrestling II and Super Oympia will challenge The Russians for the NWA World Tag Team Titles while Wahoo McDaniel challenges Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight.

[B][U]Saturday, Week 2, May 1984[/U][/B] Matt Borne was given a warning for arriving late to last night's event; that makes strike one at Discipline Level 1. [B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 4.67 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.48 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.75 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 4.85 WWF Lightning U.S. Syndication Big I 3.18 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.82 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.77 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 14.05 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.28 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 7.69 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 1.00 [/CODE]

[QUOTE=benjacko;290864]Just read through 18 pages having found this diary today and loving it :). The newer format is great, means you can easily keep up with what's happening and how storylines are progessing. Keep up the good work :).[/QUOTE] Thanks. Glad you didn't get turned off by the earlier format! Anyway, I just realized that my card I thought I posted last night is . . . gone. I dunno if I pressed a wrong button or if it got deleted by someone or if the forum had a rollback, but sadly, now I must try my damndest to post a card I have already run, and I have no real way of remembering how some of the segments rated. Argh!

[QUOTE=Anubis]I originally ran this card last night, and I thought I'd successfully posted it. I have no idea what the heck happened, but for whatever reason, it's gone. Since there's no way to check the segment ratings for old shows, I had to make a copy of my save and run the card again, hoping to duplicate the results somewhat. So yeah, the segment ratings are FUBAR. The worst part, though, is having to write the whole damn thing up again. I put a lot of effort into this one since the Slamboree pay-per-view is coming up, and it was pretty cool. Sadly, I won't be able to duplicate that due to my frustration and depression over losing my work. So I apologize for the lack of quality on this card, but I just can't find the motivation to give it my all a second time. That said, I hope that you all can still enjoy at least the storylines and that I successfully garner as much interest for the Slamboree pay-per-view as I would have with my previous attempt. Again, I apologize.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 3, May 1984 Held in the Autry Court in Houston, Texas [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]The Family defeated Wahoo McDaniel and Bill Watts in 4:37 when Jerry Brisco defeated Wahoo McDaniel by submission after interference from Gary Hart.[/B] *Bill Watts was really off his game tonight. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]Roop & Hunter defeated The Blackjacks in 5:28 when Rick Hunter defeated Blackjack Lanza by pinfall with an Inverted Suplex.[/B] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *The performance of Bob Roop stood out as being good. *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Rumble skills. *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Technical skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] HCW NATIONWIDE TITLE BOUT Magnum T.A. v Jesse "The Body" Ventura[/B] *This match was an exciting brawl from start to finish *Magnum had an early advantage, even overcoming Ventura's cheap tricks *Ventura eventually realized that cheap tricks would not get him the win, and so he opted to overpower Magnum and wear him down instead, a tactic that proved successful *[I]Jesse Ventura defeated Magnum T.A. in 6:42 by pinfall with a Body Breaker. Jesse Ventura wins the HCW Nationwide title.[/I] [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]ANNOUNCED: FUNK/ADONIS V WAHOO/VALENTINE[/B] *The announcers put over the fact that we'll be seeing Dory Funk Jr. and Adrian Adonis vs. Wahoo McDaniel and Greg Valentine at Slamboree. [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B[/I] [B]MR. MONROE ANNOUNCES WAR GAMES![/B] *Sputnik Monroe comes to the ring and says that he is under pressure from the NWA to quickly resolve the situation with The Russians and their allies *To that end, Mr. Monroe announces that there will be a match at Slamboree called War Games, "The Match Beyond" *Two rings will be placed side by side and inside a cage, and two teams of five men each will fight it out *One man from each team starts the match, and after five minutes, a coin toss determines which team will have the advantage; the winner team sends in a second man, and then the two teams alternate sending another man in every two minutes *Once all ten men are in the cage, "The Match Beyond" begins, with the end coming only by submission or surrender *The first team will consist of Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, Ivan Koloff, Nikita Koloff, and Comrade Dink *The second team will consist of Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, and Mr. Monroe himself, with the fifth member to be announced at Slamboree *If Race's team wins, Flair will have to defend the World Heavyweight Title against each member of the team in a Gauntlet Match, Steamboat will have to leave MACW, and Mr. Monroe will have to step down as MACW Commissioner *If Flair's team wins, Lawler will be stripped of the United States Television Title and finally be forced into the Title Unification Match under scrutiny from the NWA Championship Committee where he must comply with the rules or be fired, The Russians will be stripped of the World Tag Team Titles and not allowed to compete for them for a year, and Race will never again be allowed to challenge Flair for any NWA Championship *The crowd is excited by the announcement! [I]Length: 5 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 2] HCW NATIONAL TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT The Hollywood Blondes (Eric Embry and Ken Timbs) v Subbacultcha (Matt Borne and Super Destroyer)[/B] *Embry and Timbs started off well enough thanks to their superior teamwork *After Borne was finally able to tag out to Destroyer, though, the match turned around *Destroyer crushed Timbs as Borne kept Embry busy *[I]Subbacultcha defeated The Hollywood Blondes in 5:54 when Super Destroyer defeated Ken Timbs by pinfall with a Superplex. Subbacultcha win the HCW National Tag Team titles.[/I] *The performance of Super Destroyer stood out as being good. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]FLAIR, STEAMBOAT, AND RHODES SPEAK[/B] *Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, and Dusty Rhodes have an interview in which they hype their upcoming tag match against Harley Race, Ivan Koloff, and Nikita Koloff. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 3] HCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Mr. Wrestling II v Gino Hernandez[/B] *This was an excellent mat-based match *Mr. Wrestling II tried to wrestle Hernandez down, but could not keep him down *Hernandez countered with some mat-based brawling and took control of the match *[I]Gino Hernandez defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 11:32 by pinfall with a Reverse Flying Elbow Drop. Gino Hernandez wins the HCW World Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]RACE AND THE RUSSIANS SPEAK[/B] *Harley Race, Ivan Koloff, and Nikita Koloff have an interview in which they hype their upcoming tag match against Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, and Dusty Rhodes. *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. *Comrade Dink helped Ivan during this segment. *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Comrade Dink helped Nikita during this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. *Ivan Koloff is developing better performance skills. *Nikita Koloff is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 4] UNITED STATES TELEVISION TITLE BOUT CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Steve Keirn v Jerry "The King" Lawler (c)[/B] *This was a good match, with Keirn fighting pretty evenly with Lawler in the early minutes *Despite Keirn's efforts, though, Lawler proved himself a dangerous competitor and won cleanly *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Steve Keirn in 10:59 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 11 of his United States Television title. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 19 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]LAWLER TALKS TRASH[/B] *Jerry Lawler grabs a mic and taunts Sputnik Monroe for being obsessed with trying to destroy his beloved CWA *Lawler says that he will put Mr. Monroe in his place at War Games, and warns Flair not to get in his way *Lawler calls Flair a fraud and claims that Mr. Monroeis playing favorites *Lawler then says Mr. Monroe is a fool for not considering the War Games stipulations more carefully; if his team wins, he'll get a free shot at the World Heavyweight Title without having to put his own championship on the line! *Lawler says that once he wins the World Heavyweight Title, even the mighty NWA will have to bow to the King of All Wrestling [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B]MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle hypes the upcoming match putting Harley Race and The Russians against Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, and Dusty Rhodes *Caudle says that this is a preview of what's to come during War Games at Slamboree [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] Harley Race and The Russians (Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff) v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, and "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes[/B] *Nikita and Flair started things off *Referee Tommy Young quickly lost control as Steamboat and Rhodes got involved after Nikita isolated Flair in his team's corner *Race and Flair brawled into the crowd as Ivan and Nikita fought against Steamboat and Rhodes *Race is busted open after a chair shot from Flair; Flair gets busted open after Race slams his face on the ring steps *Ivan and Nikita get the upper-hand on Steamboat and Rhodes due to their lack of teamwork ability *The referee eventually regains control *In the end, as Flair has Race on the ropes, Ivan and Nikita distract the referee as Bobby Heenan passed some brass knuckles to Race, who uses them on Flair *The referee was back on the job just in time to see Race finish Flair off as Ivan and Nikita kept Steamboat and Rhodes busy *[I]Harley Race and The Russians defeated Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and Dusty Rhodes in 15:33 when Harley Race defeated Ric Flair by pinfall after using a foreign object.[/I] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Nikita Koloff was exhausted by the end. *Harley Race came out of the match looking good. *Ric Flair looked good out there. *This match lifted the crowd. *Ivan Koloff is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: A[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B][U]Tuesday, Week 3, May 1984[/U][/B] I renewed Paul Jones's contract as an Exclusive P.P.A. deal today. [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 3, May 1984 This week we are in the Tri State region where Steve Keirn and Curt Hennig will challenge The Russians for the NWA World Tag Team Titles while Ricky Steamboat challenges Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight.

Slamboree Lineup [QUOTE=Anubis]Time for a classic pay-per-view predictions game! For normal matches, you get 1 point for each correct match winner (if you predict a draw, it goes here) and 1 point for each correct match finish (pinfall, submission, DQ, CO, etc.). For the main event, you get 3 points for correctly predicting the winning team, 1 point for correctly predicting whether the finish comes by submission or surrender (submission is as usual, surrender is giving up to save someone else on the team), and 1 point for correctly predicting who exactly submits/surrenders.[/QUOTE] [SIZE="3"][B]Slamboree[/B][/SIZE] Sunday, Week 3, May 1984 LIVE from the Astroarena in Houston, Texas [FONT="Courier New"] UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Mr. Wrestling II v Doug Dunvegan (c) NWA LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Steve Wright v Hector Guerrero (c) HCW NATIONWIDE TITLE BOUT Super Olympia v Jesse "The Body" Ventura (c) HCW NATIONAL TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop and Rick Hunter) v Subbacultcha (Matt Borne and Super Destroyer) (c) HCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Steve Keirn v Gino Hernandez (c) Dory Funk Jr. and Adrian Adonis v "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel and Greg "The Hammer" Valentine WAR GAMES [I]*If Race's team wins, Flair will have to defend the World Heavyweight Title against each member of the team in a Gauntlet Match, Steamboat will have to leave MACW, and Mr. Monroe will have to step down as MACW Commissioner *If Flair's team wins, Lawler will be stripped of the United States Television Title and finally be forced into the Title Unification Match under scrutiny from the NWA Championship Committee where he must comply with the rules or be fired, The Russians will be stripped of the World Tag Team Titles and not allowed to compete for them for a year, and Race will never again be allowed to challenge Flair for any NWA Championship[/I] Team Race (Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, Ivan Koloff, Nikita Koloff, and Comrade Dink) v Team Flair (Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Sputnik Monroe, and ????) TIE-BREAKER BONUS QUESTIONS (WORTH 1 POINT EACH) 1. Who will be the fifth member of Team Flair? 2. Who will get the fall on who in the HCW Tag Team Title Bout? 3. What will the final rating for the event be? [/FONT] [QUOTE=Anubis]Good luck and have fun![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Slamboree Sunday, Week 3, May 1984 LIVE from the Astroarena in Houston, Texas UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Mr. Wrestling II v [B]Doug Dunvegan (c)[/B] = Pinfall NWA LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT [B]Steve Wright[/B] v Hector Guerrero (c) = DQ HCW NATIONWIDE TITLE BOUT Super Olympia v [B]Jesse "The Body" Ventura (c)[/B] = Pinfall HCW NATIONAL TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop and Rick Hunter) v [B]Subbacultcha (Matt Borne and Super Destroyer) (c)[/B] = Pinfall HCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Steve Keirn v [B]Gino Hernandez (c)[/B] = Pinfall Dory Funk Jr. and Adrian Adonis v [B]"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel and Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] = Pinfall WAR GAMES *If Race's team wins, Flair will have to defend the World Heavyweight Title against each member of the team in a Gauntlet Match, Steamboat will have to leave MACW, and Mr. Monroe will have to step down as MACW Commissioner *If Flair's team wins, Lawler will be stripped of the United States Television Title and finally be forced into the Title Unification Match under scrutiny from the NWA Championship Committee where he must comply with the rules or be fired, The Russians will be stripped of the World Tag Team Titles and not allowed to compete for them for a year, and Race will never again be allowed to challenge Flair for any NWA Championship Team Race (Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, Ivan Koloff, Nikita Koloff, and Comrade Dink) v [B]Team Flair (Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Sputnik Monroe, and ????)[/B] = Submission (Can see the dirtiest player in the game using his old tricks to get one over on Team Race :)). TIE-BREAKER BONUS QUESTIONS (WORTH 1 POINT EACH) 1. Who will be the fifth member of Team Flair? [B]Snake Roberts[/B] 2. Who will get the fall on who in the HCW Tag Team Title Bout? [B]Matt Borne will pin Bob Roop.[/B] 3. What will the final rating for the event be? [B]B+[/B] [/QUOTE] Liking the card, the war games match will be at least A rated I reckon as it'll definitely be match of the night so should be a good show :).

UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT [B]Mr. Wrestling II[/B] v Doug Dunvegan (c) NWA LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Steve Wright v [B]Hector Guerrero (c)[/B] HCW NATIONWIDE TITLE BOUT Super Olympia v [B]Jesse "The Body" Ventura (c)[/B] HCW NATIONAL TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT [B]Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop and Rick Hunter)[/B] v Subbacultcha (Matt Borne and Super Destroyer) (c) HCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT [B]Steve Keirn[/B] v Gino Hernandez (c) Dory Funk Jr. and Adrian Adonis v [B]"Chief" Wahoo McDaniel and Greg "The Hammer" Valentine[/B] WAR GAMES *If Race's team wins, Flair will have to defend the World Heavyweight Title against each member of the team in a Gauntlet Match, Steamboat will have to leave MACW, and Mr. Monroe will have to step down as MACW Commissioner *If Flair's team wins, Lawler will be stripped of the United States Television Title and finally be forced into the Title Unification Match under scrutiny from the NWA Championship Committee where he must comply with the rules or be fired, The Russians will be stripped of the World Tag Team Titles and not allowed to compete for them for a year, and Race will never again be allowed to challenge Flair for any NWA Championship Team Race (Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, Ivan Koloff, Nikita Koloff, and Comrade Dink) v [B]Team Flair (Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Sputnik Monroe, and ????)[/B] TIE-BREAKER BONUS QUESTIONS (WORTH 1 POINT EACH) 1. Who will be the fifth member of Team Flair? [B]Rowdy Piper[/B] 2. Who will get the fall on who in the HCW Tag Team Title Bout? [B]Rick Hunter[/B] 3. What will the final rating for the event be? [B]A[/B]

Slamboree [SIZE="3"][B]Slamboree[/B][/SIZE] Sunday, Week 3, May 1984 LIVE from the Astroarena in Houston, Texas [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]The Family defeated The Kelly Twins in 4:41 when The Great Kabuki defeated Mike Kelly by pinfall with a Heart Kick.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *The performance of The Great Kabuki stood out as being good. *Mike Kelly is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]The Blackjacks defeated Fuller & Golden in 4:37 when Blackjack Mulligan defeated Robert Fuller by submission after blatantly cheating.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Robert Fuller is improving in Rumble skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]PAY-PER-VIEW HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle, Tony Schiavone, and Gene Okerlund hype the upcoming pay-per-view during the pre-show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: D-[/I] [B]MR. MONROE GREETS THE CROWD[/B] *Jim Crockett Jr. makes his way down to the ring, welcomes the fans, and hypes the upcoming show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: F+[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]U.S. TITLE BOUT HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle welcomes the fans to the pay-per-view and then hypes the opening match for the United States Heavyweight Title between Mr. Wrestling II and Doug Dunvegan [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B][MATCH 1] UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Mr. Wrestling II v Doug Dunvegan (c)[/B] *Mr. Wrestling II and Dunvegan locked up and wrestled for position *Mr. Wrestling II took Dunvegan to the mat, but was unable to keep him down, eventually getting hammered into a corner *Dunvegan pounded on Mr. Wrestling II, but was taken to the mat a second time where he was almost forced to submit several times *Dunvegan eventually turned it around again, rocking Mr. Wrestling II against the ropes and then finishing him off *[I]Doug Dunvegan defeated Mr. Wrestling II in 13:52 by pinfall with an Iron Fist. Doug Dunvegan makes defence number 3 of his United States Heavyweight title.[/I] *Mr. Wrestling II and Doug Dunvegan have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]DOUG DUNVEGAN INTERVIEW[/B] *Tony Schiavone interviews Doug Dunvegan, who hypes himself *Tony Schiavone could use something to freshen his character up. *Tony Schiavone looked dreadful in this segment. *Doug Dunvegan is learning to show more charisma. *Doug Dunvegan is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B]TEAM RACE PROMO[/B] *Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, Ivan Koloff, and Nikita Koloff have an interview in which they hype their upcoming tag match against Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, and Sputnik Monroe. [I]Length: 10 Mintues Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 2] NWA WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Steve Wright v Hector Guerrero (c)[/B] *This was a fairly straightforward and even match *Guerrero, who was a familiar face around these parts, had the crowd solidly behind him the entire time *Wright tried to wrestle Guerrero down, but was outmatched *[I]Hector Guerrero defeated Steve Wright in 3:57 by pinfall with a Butterfly Suplex. Hector Guerrero makes defence number 3 of his NWA World Junior Heavyweight title.[/I] *The performance of Hector Guerrero stood out as being good. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]HECTOR GUERRERO INTERVIEW[/B] *Gene Okerlund interviews Hector Guerrero, who hypes himself *Gene Okerlund looked dreadful in this segment. *Hector Guerrero is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C-[/I] [B][MATCH 3] HCW NATIONWIDE TITLE BOUT Super Olympia v Jesse "The Body" Ventura (c)[/B] *Olympia had plenty of offense early on, but it was not to last as Ventura would eventually overpower him *Olympia tried to fight back, but was sorely outmatched *[I]Jesse Ventura defeated Super Olympia in 5:43 by pinfall with a Body Breaker. Jesse Ventura makes defence number 1 of his HCW Nationwide title.[/I] [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 4] HCW NATIONAL TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop and Rick Hunter) v Subbacultcha (Matt Borne and Super Destroyer) (c)[/B] *Roop and Borne started things off *Roop and Hunter quickly took control of the match with efficient tags *Borne was on the ropes, but hanging in there *Roop and Borne eventually took each other down with a double clothesline, and both made hot tags *Once Destroyer was in the ring with Hunter, he turned the match around; Hunter was mangled by Destroyer *Borne kept Roop busy as Destroyer finished off Hunter *[I]Subbacultcha defeated Roop & Hunter in 7:56 when Super Destroyer defeated Rick Hunter by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage. Subbacultcha make defence number 1 of their HCW National Tag Team titles.[/I] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Matt Borne seemed off his game tonight. *Bob Roop looked good out there. *This match lifted the crowd. *Super Destroyer is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 5] HCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Steve Keirn v Gino Hernandez (c)[/B] *Keirn put up a fight at first, but Hernandez proved to be quite the capable opponent *After some good back and forth action in the opening minutes, Keirn managed to get Hernandez on the mat for a time *Hernandez fought his way to his feet and turned the match around, taking control of the action *[I]Gino Hernandez defeated Steve Keirn in 10:47 by pinfall with a Reverse Flying Elbow Drop. Gino Hernandez makes defence number 1 of his HCW World Heavyweight title.[/I] [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]CAUDLE DENOUNCES FUNK'S ACTIONS[/B] *Bob Caudle discusses the recent problems between Dory Funk Jr. and Wahoo McDaniel *Caudle denounced the recent assault on Wahoo by Funk after a match *Bob Caudle could use something to freshen his character up. *Bob Caudle looked dreadful in this segment. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B]VIDEO RECAP: FUNK AND WAHOO[/B] *Highlights of the recent event between Dory Funk Jr. and Wahoo McDaniel are played in a video package. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 6] Dory Funk Jr. and Adrian Adonis v "Chief" Wahoo McDaniel and Greg Valentine[/B] *Funk and Wahoo started things off with a furious brawl *Soon enough, all four men were brawling, and referee Pee Wee Anderson lost control of the match *Adonis and Valentine were eventually the legal men and fought back and forth pretty evenly as well *Once Funk and Wahoo were back in the ring, Adonis distracted the referee while Funk punched Wahoo in the groin with brass knuckles *Adonis took out Valentine as Funk finished off Wahoo *[I]Dory Funk Jr. and Adrian Adonis defeated Wahoo McDaniel and Greg Valentine in 11:44 when Dory Funk Jr. defeated Wahoo McDaniel by submission after blatantly cheating.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]TEAM FLAIR PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, and Sputnik Monroe have an interview in which they hype their upcoming tag match against Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, Ivan Koloff, and Nikita Koloff. [I]Length: 10 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B]WAR GAMES HYPE PART 1[/B] *The cameras return to Bob Caudle at the podium, where he hypes the War Games main event [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B]WAR GAMES HYPE PART 2[/B] *If Race's team wins, Flair will have to defend the World Heavyweight Title against each member of the team in a Gauntlet Match, Steamboat will have to leave MACW, and Mr. Monroe will have to step down as MACW Commissioner *If Flair's team wins, Lawler will be stripped of the United States Television Title and finally be forced into the Title Unification Match under scrutiny from the NWA Championship Committee where he must comply with the rules or be fired, The Russians will be stripped of the World Tag Team Titles and not allowed to compete for them for a year, and Race will never again be allowed to challenge Flair for any NWA Championship [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: C[/I][/FONT] [QUOTE][CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B][MAIN EVENT][/B][/SIZE] [CENTER] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/HarleyRace.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/JerryLawler.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/IvanKoloff2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/NikitaKoloff2.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/OliverHumperdink.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/VS.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/RickySteamboat.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/DustyRhodes.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/SputnikMonroe.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/unknownwrestler.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER] [/CENTER][/QUOTE] [size=3]War Games:[/size] [B]Team Race (Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, Ivan Koloff, Nikita Koloff, and Comrade Dink) v Team Flair (Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Sputnik Monroe, and ????)[/B] Ricky Steamboat and Ivan Koloff started things off. The two traded chops, and then Ivan hit Steamboat with a series of punches. Steamboat shruged them off and assaulted Ivan with a series of stiff knifehand chops. Steamboat was enraged, hungering for revenge for what The Russians did to his friend Jay Youngblood. Steamboat was on fire as he rammed Ivan's face into the side of the cage and grinded his face on it. Ivan is busted open! Ivan tried to fight Steamboat off, but his efforts were in vain. Steamboat eventually caught Ivan in a Figure-Four and held him in it. Team Race won the coin toss! Nikita Koloff enters the cage! Steamboat got up just in time to get ambushed by Nikita. Nikita Koloff executed the Russian Sickle on Ricky Steamboat! From there, Nikita and Ivan took control, double-teaming Steamboat viciously. Ivan and Nikita grinded Steamboat's face on the side of the cage. Steamboat is busted open! The double-teaming continues, and Steamboat is in trouble. Dusty Rhodes enters the cage! With the odds even now, Rhodes saves Steamboat and cleans house. Steamboat and Rhodes try hard to work together without any mistakes this time around, but it is not to be. A miscommunication results in Rhodes laying out Steamboat with a clothesline. Ivan and Nikita then start double-teaming Rhodes, ramming him into the side of the cage over and over. Rhodes is busted open! Harley Race enters the cage! Team Race has the advantage again, and Race goes after Rhodes. Ivan and Nikita resume double-teaming Steamboat. Team Flair is in trouble now as Steamboat and Rhodes get mangled. Steamboat, however, gets a second wind and nails Ivan and Nikita with a double clothesline. Race is waiting, though, and clobbers Steamboat from behind. Ric Flair enters the cage! Flair immediately goes after Race, hitting a series of chops to knock him into a corner. The fight evens out at this point, with Rhodes handling Ivan as Steamboat fights with Nikita. Flair starts working over Race's leg as usual, even putting it between the two rings before dropping down on the exposed part of it. Race is in a lot of trouble now. Nikita, however, overpowers Steamboat and lays him out, then helps Ivan with Rhodes. Jerry Lawler enters the cage! Lawler goes after Flair, saving Race in the process. Steamboat gets back up, but is laid out again by Ivan and Nikita. Ivan and Nikita then double-team Rhodes as Lawler and Race double-team Flair. Lawler taunts Sputnik Monroe, trying to provoke him to get in the cage. Mr. Monroe laughs at Lawler, who rejoins Race in assaulting Flair. [I]Snake Roberts joins Team Flair at ringside![/I] The crowd erupts as Snake makes his way to the cage carrying a large sack. Snake Roberts enters the cage! Snake then dumps out the contents of the bag: a huge snake! Snake then goes after Lawler, beating him into a corner before putting the snake around him. Lawler panics as Mr. Monroe laughs from outside the cage. Snake then helps Flair deal with Race as Steamboat saves Rhodes. Comrade Dink enters the cage! Dink avoids the snake at all costs as Lawler tries fighting it off. Lawler eventually dumps it beteen the two rings, but then Snake lariats him over the top rope and down between the rings. Lawler is screaming as Flair catches Race in the corner with a series of chops. Rhodes is down, but Steamboat is on fire attacking Ivan and Nikita. Dink tries to get involved to help his men, but is quickly laid out by Steamboat. Sputnik Monroe enters the cage! [I]"The Match Beyond" begins![/I] Mr. Monroe immediately goes after Lawler, pulling out some brass knuckles with which to attack him. Mr. Monroe lays into Lawler as Steamboat deals with Ivan and Nikita. Dusty Rhodes executes the Bionic Elbow on Comrade Dink! Flair takes Race down with a knee breaker, then grinds his face along the cage. Race is busted open! Mr. Monroe hits Lawler with a series of punches. Lawler is busted open! Mr. Monroe then sends Lawler back between the two rings so that the snake can deal with him. Snake Roberts executes the DDT on Nikita Koloff! Snake and Rhodes double-team Ivan now, and Flair has Race down and out. Ricky Steamboat executes the Double Chicken Wing on Comrade Dink! Dink tries to fight the pain. Referee Tommy Young asks Dink if he gives up; Dink shakes his head. Race tries to make the save, but Flair cuts him off. Nikita tries to make the save, but Snake cuts him off. Ivan tries to make the save, but Rhodes cuts him off. Dink tries to fight the pain. Dink submits after 24 seconds in the hold. The crowd erupts! [B]Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Sputnik Monroe and Snake Roberts defeated Harley Race, Jerry Lawler, Ivan Koloff, Nikita Koloff and Comrade Dink in 22:52 when Ricky Steamboat defeated Comrade Dink by submission with a Double Chicken Wing. Rating: A[/B] *Nikita Koloff was visibly tiring toward the end. *Comrade Dink was visibly tiring toward the end. *Sputnik Monroe was really off his game tonight. *Sputnik Monroe was visibly tiring toward the end. *The performance of Harley Race stood out as being good. *Jerry Lawler came out of the match looking good. *The performance of Ric Flair stood out as being good. *Snake Roberts looked good out there. *This match lifted the crowd. *Jerry Lawler is improving in Technical skills. [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE]

[B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 4.66 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.48 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.88 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 5.03 WWF Lightning U.S. Syndication Big I 3.19 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.85 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.74 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 14.13 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.29 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 7.81 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.97 [/CODE]

Archived