[Death of the Territories] The Dunvegan Dynasty (MACW)

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 2, February 1984 Held in the Kaiser Convention Center in Oakland, California [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Roop & Hunter defeated The Kelly Twins in 4:51 when Bob Roop defeated Mike Kelly by pinfall with an Inverted Shoulderbreaker.[/B] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Pat Kelly is improving in Rumble skills. *Pat Kelly is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: D+[/I] [B]Chris Markoff defeated Bill Watts in 4:31 by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.[/B] *Bill Watts was really off his game tonight. *Chris Markoff and Bill Watts don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Chris Markoff is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]ADRIAN ADONIS REVEALS HIS PARTNER[/B] *Adrian Adonis comes out with the Southwest Tag Team Title belts, and the announcers ask if he finally found a partner *Adonis confirms that he has indeed found a partner, and calls him out; it is none other than Jesse "The Body" Ventura! [I]Length: 3 minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B]THE NORTH-SOUTH CONNECTION SPEAK[/B] *Adrian Adonis and Jesse Ventura cut a promo in which they hype themselves as the greatest tag team in the NWA *Adonis added that he was glad to not be dealing with former partner Gino Hernandez, stating that he needed to trim the fat anyway *Adonis and Ventura state that once they secure themselves as the Southwest Tag Team Champions, they will be going after Steamboat & Youngblood and the World Tag Team Titles [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 1] SOUTHWEST TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT The Bass Brothers v The North-South Connection[/B] *Adrian Adonis and Ron Bass started things off *R. Bass and Don Bass took control early by isolating Adonis in their corner *Jesse Ventura finally muscled his way past referee Pee Wee Anderson to make the save *Adonis and Ventura took control of the match at that point, beating D. Bass down and isolating R. Bass *Ventura decimated R. Bass at that point to secure the championships *[I]The North-South Connection defeated The Bass Brothers in 11:46 when Jesse Ventura defeated Ron Bass by pinfall with a Body Breaker. The North-South Connection win the Southwest Tag Team titles.[/I] *Adrian Adonis looked good out there. *Jesse Ventura is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B][MATCH 2] Steve Wright v Jerry Brisco[/B] *Jerry Brisco attacked Steve Wright before the bell *Wright never had a chance, Brisco brutalizing him throughout the match *Wright tried to get some offense in by taking Brisco to the mat, but was unable to keep him down *This only angered Brisco more, and he punished him severely with painful submissions *[I]Jerry Brisco defeated Steve Wright in 4:44 by submission with a Figure-Four.[/I] *Steve Wright and Jerry Brisco just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. [I]Rating: D+[/I] [B]RACE CALLS OUT KINISKI[/B] *Harley Race and Bobby Heenan cut a nasty promo on Gene Kiniski *Race calls Kiniski out and taunts him *Race says Kiniski is a coward and he is definitely not man enough to face him in the ring *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B]RACE WANTS A MATCH[/B] *Harley Race says he knows Gene Kiniski is probably not man enough, but he wants a match with him at Clash of the Champions *Bobby Heenan adds that if Kiniski manages to win, Race will not challenge for the World Heavyweight Title ever again *Heenan's proclamation makes Race a tad nervous, but he agrees nonetheless *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B]KINISKI WANTS IT MORE[/B] *Gene Kiniski, looking pleased, comes out and says he is finally getting what he wants *Kiniski says he has been looking forward to putting Race in his place once and for all, and accepts his challenge *Gene Kiniski is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 3] Jay Youngblood v "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes[/B] *This one was a brawl from the start *Dusty Rhodes and Jay Youngblood fought hard, but the match seemed a bit lackluster *Youngblood had the upper-hand at first, but Rhodes eventually turned the tables on him *[I]Dusty Rhodes defeated Jay Youngblood in 15:45 by submission with a Weaver Lock.[/I] *Jay Youngblood and Dusty Rhodes don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]LAWLER IS KING[/B] *Jerry Lawler cuts a promo against Greg Valentine *Lawler says Valentine will not be making it to Clash of the Champions, and that he made a deal with Dory Funk Jr. to take him out *Lawler says he is and always will be "The King" and that soon enough the entire NWA will bow to him *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 4: MAIN EVENT] CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Greg "The Hammer" Valentine v Jerry "The King" Lawler (c)[/B] *Greg Valentine went into this match with everything he had, intent on stopping Jerry Lawler in his tracks *Valentine had the upper-hand for the first few minutes until Lawler tossed Valentine to the floor *Lawler kept Valentine down with a flying double-axhandle from the ring apron *Lawler stayed on Valentine on the outside, whipping him into the guardrail and into the ring posts *Lawler threw Valentine back into the ring and tried to finish him off, but was unable to do so *Valentine got a second wind and started making a comeback, but then Dory Funk Jr. came to ringside *Valentine yelled at Funk, and Lawler faked an injury to get the attention of referee Tommy Young *Funk took the opportunity to slam Valentine with a chair, and then Lawler miraculously recovered to finish him off *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Greg Valentine in 23:42 by pinfall following interference from Dory Funk Jr.. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 6 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title.[/I] *Greg Valentine and Jerry Lawler just don't click at all, and it showed in their performances. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: C+[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][U]Tuesday, Week 2, February 1984[/U][/B] [B]PNW Rise To Cult Size![/B] [CODE] [B]The Popularity Race[/B] MACW WWF AWA GCW WCCW PNW [Great Lakes ]: [COLOR="Yellow"]C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]E+[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [Mid Atlantic]: [COLOR="Green"]B-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E+[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [Mid South ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [Mid West ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C-[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [New England ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E+[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [North West ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E+[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [South East ]: [COLOR="green"]B-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]D-[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [South West ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="sienna"]D-[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C-[/COLOR] [Tri State ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C+[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E+[/COLOR] [COLOR="red"]E-[/COLOR] [Puerto Rico ]: [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="yellow"]C[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]E[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkRed"]F+[/COLOR] [/CODE] [B]PNW CHAMPIONS[/B] PNW HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION: JULES STRONGBOW PNW HEAVYWEIGHT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: ** VACANT ** PNW TELEVISION CHAMPION: DON RUNNING BEAR [B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, February 1984[/U][/B] I renewed Ron Bass's contract today, but am having a lot of difficulty negotiating with Bob Roop as he is trying to extort more money and a guaranteed Midcard championship out of me. Roop could be a problem given that he would need either an NWA World Tag Team Championship or a United States Heavyweight Championship, and I already have some fairly long-term plans for both championships. Still, Roop is a good talent and has a ton of potential, so I find myself conflicted as to what to do about this situation.

[SIZE="3"][B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Wednesday, Week 2, February 1984 Held in the Memorial Coliseum in Winston-Salem, North Carolina [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Asesinos de Infierno defeated The Hollywood Blondes in 4:49 when El Satanico defeated Ken Timbs by submission with an El Nudo.[/B] *The performance of The Assassin stood out as being good. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]Bill Watts defeated Pat Kelly in 4:37 by pinfall with an Oklahoma Stampede.[/B] [I]Rating: D[/I] [B]STEAMBOAT & YOUNGBLOOD PROMO[/B] *Steamboat & Youngblood cut a promo hyping themselves. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]SLATER PLANS TWO VICTORIES[/B] *Dick Slater taunts Steve Keirn and Doug Dunvegan, saying he will be up two wins and a championship by Monday *Slater says that he is grateful for a warmup match in which he gets to win some gold going into Clash of the Champions *Slater then says that he will chase Dunvegan out of MACW just as Dunvegan had done to Cowboy Bob Orton [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 1] SOUTHEAST TELEVISION TITLE BOUT "Dirty" Dick Slater v Steve Keirn (c)[/B] *Dick Slater started out strong, pounding Steve Keirn into a corner *Keirn tried to take Slater to the mat, but was unsuccessful *Slater finally made a mistake that allowed Keirn to get in plenty of offense, but it was not enough to stop him completely *Slater turned the tide in his favor again and got a near-fall, then complained to referee Pee Wee Anderson about a slow count *After some arguing, Slater shoved the referee to the mat; this brought out Doug Dunvegan *Slater and Dunvegan argued for a moment, and then Dunvegan nailed him with the Iron Fist *The referee recovered as Keirn pulled Slater into an inside cradle to retain *[I]Steve Keirn defeated Dick Slater in 12:46 by pinfall following interference from Doug Dunvegan. Steve Keirn makes defence number 5 of his Southeast Television title.[/I] [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH STEVE KEIRN[/B] *Tony Schiavone interviewed Steve Keirn following his tainted victory over Dick Slater *Keirn stated that Slater got what he deserved for assaulting a referee, and that Slater probably should have been disqualified anyway *Schiavone questions Keirn's logic, but Keirn says Slater is welcome to try again anytime he wants *Steve Keirn is learning to show more charisma. *Steve Keirn is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B]VALENTINE AND DUNVEGAN ARE READY[/B] *Greg Valentine and Doug Dunvegan cut a promo against their opponents at Clash of the Champions, Dory Funk Jr. and Dick Slater *Valentine says the time has come for him to take back the United States Heavyweight Title *Dunvegan says that he is more than happy to take out Slater just like he had taken out Cowboy Bob Orton *Greg Valentine is improving at acting. *Doug Dunvegan is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 2] Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and Doug Dunvegan v Dory Funk Jr. and "Playboy" Buddy Rose[/B] *Greg Valentine and Dory Funk Jr. started things off *Funk schooled Valentine on the mat for several minutes, but then Valentine came back and started hammering Funk *Valentine and Doug Dunvegan double-teamed Funk at that point, making quick tags and keeping him isolated *Funk finally got himself together and took his opponents down with a double lariat *Funk makes a hot tag to Playboy Buddy Rose as Valentine tags Dunvegan *Dunvegan and Rose brawl all over the ring, and then spill to the outside *Referee Pee Wee Anderson gets knocked out as he tries to get back control *Dick Slater comes down to ringside and nails Dunvegan with a chair, giving Funk and Rose the advantage *Funk and Rose double-team Valentine and toss him out of the ring, then pull Dunvegan back in *Funk rouses the referee, who finds Rose covering the unconscious Dunvegan *[I]Dory Funk Jr. and Playboy Buddy Rose defeated Greg Valentine and Doug Dunvegan in 9:47 when Playboy Buddy Rose defeated Doug Dunvegan by pinfall following interference from Dick Slater.[/I] *Doug Dunvegan is improving in Technical skills. *Doug Dunvegan is improving in Performance skills. *Playboy Buddy Rose is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]RIC FLAIR PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo against Paul Orndorff *Flair also mentions his upcoming match against Southwest Heavyweight Champion Adrian Adonis at Clash of the Champions, saying he looks forward to the bout *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 3: MAIN EVENT] Paul Orndorff v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/B] *This match was another classic between Paul Orndorff and Ric Flair *Orndorff was in control in the early minutes, showering Flair with punches and forearms *Flair came back by taking Orndorff's legs out *Flair started working over Orndorff's legs, using the bottom rope as well *Flair went for the Figure-Four, but Orndorff kicked him off and turned things around with a lariat *Orndorff had the advantage again as he backed Flair into a corner *Orndorff went for a superplex, but Flair shoved him off and hit a flying cross-body block for a near-fall *Orndorff was in trouble, and Flair worked his legs over some more *Flair finally hit a knee breaker and then caught Orndorff at last *[I]Ric Flair defeated Paul Orndorff in 12:40 by submission with a Figure-Four.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B][U]Thursday, Week 2, February 1984[/U][/B] I finally renewed Bob Roop's contract today, which forces me to change some of my plans due to him getting a guaranteed Midcard championship; in exchange, though, I have managed an Exclusive P.P.A. deal, so I no longer have to worry about him exhausting himself by wrestling across several promotions. I also renewed Eric Embry's contract with an Exclusive P.P.A. deal, but for that I had to guarantee him a Low Level championship, which is aggravating to say the least. I really do not like promising championships to people . . . Anyway, I also renewed Steve Wright's contract. In other roster-related news, I signed Nikita Koloff, Magnum T.A., and Arn Anderson to Pay-Per-Appearance deals, and I signed Baron Von Raschke to an Exclusive P.P.A. deal. Lastly, I renewed our television deal with ESPN to keep World Championship Wrestling on the air, though I opted to extend it by only a single season because I feel we will soon be able to get a better deal. [B][U]Friday, Week 2, February 1984[/U][/B] ESPN rejected talks for a new show, saying that they feel I already have enough. They are ignoring the fact that I am dropping one at the end of the season. Ah well, I figured that would happen, which is part of why I am dropping one show and renewing the other for only one season. I am thinking about the future, which looks promising. Ole Anderson rejected negotiations with me, saying he wants to focus on GCW. Dick Murdoch also rejected negotiations, claiming that MACW was too small for him; he must be high or something, because unlike with Tully Blanchard, MACW is bigger than he is. Some people are just thick! [B]GCW:[/B] Anderson and Reed (Ole Anderson and Butch Reed) defeated Hansen & Rich (Stan Hansen and Tommy Rich) for the National Tag Team titles [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 2, February 1984 The world tour on pay-per-view continues! This week we are in the Kinki region of Japan where Jerry Brisco and "Dirty" Dick Slater will challenge Steamboat & Youngblood for the NWA World Tag Team Titles while Jack Brisco challenges Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

[B][U]Saturday, Week 2, February 1984[/U][/B] I signed Blackjack Mulligan to an Exclusive P.P.A. deal today. I am sure my goal is obvious, and I most certainly hope I succeed in hiring the other half of this team. [B][U]Sunday, Week 2, February 1984[/U][/B] Happily, I did indeed successfully sign Blackjack Lanza, though I was unable to get an Exclusive P.P.A. deal.

Clash of the Champions III [SIZE="3"][B]February Clash of the Champions[/B][/SIZE] Sunday, Week 2, February 1984 LIVE from the Minneapolis Auditorium in Minneapolis, Minnesota [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Wahoo McDaniel defeated Super Olympia in 5:19 by submission with an Indian Deathlock.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *The performance of Wahoo McDaniel stood out as being good. *Super Olympia is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]Dusty Rhodes defeated Magnum T.A. in 5:01 by submission with a Weaver Lock.[/B] *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Dusty Rhodes looked good out there. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]PAY-PER-VIEW HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle, Tony Schiavone, and Gene Okerlund hype the upcoming pay-per-view during the pre-show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: D[/I] [B]MR. MONROE GREETS THE CROWD[/B] *Sputnik Monroe makes his way down to the ring, welcomes the fans, and hypes the upcoming show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: D[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] NWA WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE INVITATIONAL 10-MAN BATTLE ROYALE Featuring: Tommy Rogers, Fishman, Tim Horner, El Dandy, The Professional, Masanobu Fuchi, Gran Hamada, Steve Wright, Eric Embry, and Hector Guerrero (c)[/B] *Bob Caudle explaned that lightweight workers from all over the world were invited to compete in this battle royale, featuring Southwest Junior Heavyweight Champion Hector Guerrero; the winner would be declared the World Junior Heavyweight Champion *Guerrero did well to keep himself in the match as everyone fought *Tommy Rogers was the first to go, eliminated by El Dandy *Tim Horner was also eliminated by El Dandy *Fishman and El Dandy started fighting as Masanobu Fuchi and Gran Hamada duked it out *Eric Embry helped Fuchi double-team Hamada and eliminate him *Embry then turned on Fuchi and eliminated him *Steve Wright confronted Embry, and the two started fighting *The Professional took advantage of people being preoccupied and eliminated Fishman and El Dandy both *Wright thought he had Embry eliminated, but Embry was hanging on *The Professional came up behind Wright and eliminated him *Guerrero and The Professional got into it at that point, with a lot of back and forth action between the two *Guerrero eventually eliminated The Professional, then was attacked from behind by Embry *Guerrero tried to turn things around, but Embry used the momentum he had built up thus far in the match and stopped him *Embry was finally able to eliminate Guerrero to take the gold *[I]Eric Embry won a battle royal in 10:58. The final four competitors also included Hector Guerrero, The Professional and Steve Wright, with Hector Guerrero being the final elimination. Eric Embry wins the NWA World Junior Heavyweight title.[/I] *Tommy Rogers is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]JACK HYPES PPV MATCH[/B] *Jack Brisco says he'll finally end his brother's reign of terror tonight *Jack then says that Jerry Brisco is in for a shock and laughs [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 2] Jerry Brisco v Jack Brisco[/B] *Jerry Brisco spit in Jack Brisco's face *Jack decided it was time to teach his little brother a lesson, and took him to the mat *Jerry had learned much since Jack's retirement, though, and matched him practically move for move *Jack eventually got the upper-hand, but that did not last as Jerry hit a low blow to turn things around *Jerry kept Jack grounded and pounded him, but was unable to keep him down *Jerry removed one of the turnbuckle pads; Jerry tried to hurl Jack into the exposed turnbuckle with an Irish whip, but Jack revesed it *Jack then slammed Jerry's face on the exposed turnbuckle and covered him to finish him off *[I]Jack Brisco defeated Jerry Brisco in 14:50 by pinfall.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]JACK AND MR. WRESTLING II ZAP JERRY![/B] *As Jack Brisco celebrated, Mr. Wrestling II comes down to the ring pushing an ECT machine *Jack then handcuffs Jerry Brisco to the ring ropes as Mr. Wrestling II prepares the machine *The crowd roars as Jack administers electroshock therapy to Jerry! *After several moments of this, Jack uncuffs his unconscious brother and carries him to the back, Mr. Wrestling II following with the machine [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 3] Jerry "The King" Lawler and Paul Orndorff v Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop and Rick Hunter)[/B] *Jerry Lawler and Bob Roop started things off *Lawler brawled with Roop for several moments, but was taken to the mat *Roop pulled Lawler to his team's corner, and double-teamed him with Rick Hunter *Roop and Hunter hammered Lawler and looked to be in a very good position *Lawler turned things around with a double clothesline, though, and made the tag to Paul Orndorff, who cleaned house *Orndorff threw Roop out of the ring and overwhelmed Hunter, but could not finish him off *Orndorff and Lawler double-teamed Hunter for several mintues *Orndorff decided to keep Roop busy as Lawler worked over Hunter *Lawler went for the Piledriver, but Hunter countered with a backdrop and got his second wind *Hunter went after Lawler at that point, but was stopped by a European uppercut *Orndorff was beating on Roop on the floor as Lawler finished off Hunter *[I]Jerry Lawler and Paul Orndorff defeated Roop & Hunter in 12:05 when Jerry Lawler defeated Rick Hunter by pinfall while using the ropes for leverage.[/I] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *The performance of Jerry Lawler stood out as being good. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]U.S. TITLE BOUT HYPE[/B] *At the podium, Bob Caudle hyped the upcoming match between Greg Valentine and Dory Funk Jr. for the United States Heavyweight Title [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 4] Greg "The Hammer" Valentine v Dory Funk Jr. (c)[/B] *Greg Valentine went after Dory Funk Jr. right away *Valentine tried to knock Funk out early, but Funk managed to lock up with him and get into position *Funk took Valentine to the mat and schooled him once again *Valentine was fed up with Funk at this point and kicked him off, sending him out of the ring with a lariat *Valentine took the fight to the outside and rammed Funk into the ring posts *Funk was staggered and busted open by the offensive, and Valentine looked to be in a good position to take by the belt *Valentine got a near-fall, and Funk went back to the floor *Valentine gave chase, and Funk took him down with a drop toe hold *Valentine still came back and hammered Funk some more, and they made it back to the ring *Just when it looked like Valentine would win, Funk pulled out brass knuckled and laid him out *[I]Dory Funk Jr. defeated Greg Valentine in 15:58 by submission after blatantly cheating. Dory Funk Jr. makes defence number 4 of his United States Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Greg Valentine is improving in Technical skills. *Dory Funk Jr. is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: A[/I] [B]ADRIAN ADONIS MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *Adrian Adonis cut a promo against Ric Flair, saying that this was his time *Adonis states that Flair doesn't have what it takes to stand against his power, and that he'll be ripping the gold from him *Adonis then pulls out a cardboard cutout of Flair and punches it, destroying it *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B][MATCH 5] Doug Dunvegan v "Dirty" Dick Slater[/B] *Doug Dunvegan and Dick Slater laid into each other before the bell, the hatred obvious *Dunvegan almost had Slater down, but then got caught by a wicked lariat *Slater acted almost bored, which Dunvegan used against him to turn things around *Dunvegan caught Slater at last and laid into him with a vicious series of punches *Dunvegan had Slater on the ropes and was pulled off, but Dunvegan nailed Slater as he came off the ropes *[I]Doug Dunvegan defeated Dick Slater in 12:34 by pinfall with an Iron Fist.[/I] *Doug Dunvegan is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]DOUG DUNVEGAN VANQUISHES ANOTHER VILLAIN[/B] *The victorious Doug Dunvegan is interviewed by Tony Schiavone after the match *Dunvegan says the last of Harley Race's allies is finally out of the picture, and that Race himself will be next *When asked, Dunvegan says he has no doubt whatsoever that Gene Kiniski can get the job done tonight *Tony Schiavone looked dreadful in this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. *Doug Dunvegan is learning to show more charisma. *Doug Dunvegan is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B]STEAMBOAT & YOUNGBLOOD: OPEN CHALLENGE[/B] *Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood come down to the ring and lay the World Tag Team Titles on the mat *Steamboat says they're issuing an open challenge tonight since they have no opponents booked *Any team that wants a chance gets it here and now [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B]THE BLACKJACKS ANSWER![/B] *The crowd erupts as Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan emerge to accept the open challenge of Steamboat & Youngblood! [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B]TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle excitedly hypes the upcoming match between The Blackjacks and Steamboat & Youngblood for the World Tag Team Titles [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 6] NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT Steamboat & Youngblood (Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood) (c) v The Blackjacks (Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan)[/B] *Ricky Steamboat and Blackjack Mulligan started things off *Steamboat took control early and brought Mulligan to his team's corner where he and Jay Youngblood double-teamed him with quick tags *Mulligan eventually got the upper-hand over Steamboat and caught him in his team's corner, where he and Blackjack Lanza returned the favor by double-teaming him *Mulligan and Steamboat ended up laying each other out with a double clothesline *Lanza entered the ring and tried to lay out Steamboat with a blackjack, but he was taken down by a flying cross-body press by Youngblood *Referee Tommy Young lost control at that point as the two teams brawled *Youngblood and Mulligan eventually ended up on the floor, where they continued fighting *Steamboat made short work of Lanza at that point, getting a second wind and laying into him mercilessly *[I]Steamboat & Youngblood defeated The Blackjacks in 14:02 when Ricky Steamboat defeated Blackjack Lanza by pinfall with a Flying Bodypress. Steamboat & Youngblood make defence number 25 of their NWA World Tag Team titles.[/I] *Ricky Steamboat looked good out there. *This match lifted the crowd. *Jay Youngblood is improving in Rumble skills. *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]RIC FLAIR MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo in response to Adrian Adonis *Flair says that to be the man, you gotta beat the man, and right now he's the man *Flair says Adonis has no idea what he's gotten himself into, but he's gonna learn shortly *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B][MATCH 7] Gene Kiniski v Harley Race[/B] *Harley Race slapped Gene Kiniski across the face, which stunned the crowd *Kiniski responded with a kick to the nuts, followed by a nasty lariat *Kiniski laid into Race, hammering him mercilessly *Race eventually rolled to the floor to collect his thoughts and get away from Kiniski, giving Kiniski time to work the crowd as Race rested *Race got back into the ring, but was caught in the corner by Kiniski *Race finally got out with a knee lift and laid into Kiniski, beating toward the middle of the ring *Race returned the favor for earlier and gave Kiniski a kick to the nuts *Referee Pee Wee Anderson warned them both for the groin attacks and separated them momentarily *They faced off again and argued a bit, and Race slapped Kiniski again; Kiniski tackled Race and hammered him *Race threw Kiniski off and then rose to hit him with a lariat *Kiniski was out os gas at that point, and Race took control of the match *Race taunted Kiniski as he beat on him and then finished him off clean in the middle of the ring *[I]Harley Race defeated Gene Kiniski in 10:50 by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/I] *Gene Kiniski was exhausted by the end. *Harley Race looked good out there. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]HARLEY RACE VICTORIOUS[/B] *Bobby Heenan grabbed the mic and joined Harley Race in the ring *Race stood over Gene Kiniski as Heenan laughs and said Kiniski only brought this on himself *Race took the mic and said he did exactly what he said he'd do, and called Doug Dunvegan a moron for thinking Race would actually be the loser *Race says that he doesn't need Cowboy Bob Orton or Dick Slater to be the best *Race spits on Kiniski and then says that it doesn't matter who wins the main event tonight because he'll be soon be coming for his World Heavyweight Title *Race holds up eight fingers to signify an eighth championship as he leaves *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. *Gene Kiniski looked dreadful in this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. *Gene Kiniski is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B]WORLD TITLE BOUT HYPE[/B] *The camera returs to the podium where a disgusted Bob Caudle hypes the main event match between Adrian Adonis and Ric Flair for the World Heavyweight Title [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B[/I][/FONT] [QUOTE][CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B][MAIN EVENT][/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/Championships/SouthwestHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/Championships/NWAWorldHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/AdrianAdonis.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/VS.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/QUOTE] [size=3]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT SOUTHWEST HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Title Unification Match:[/size] [B]Adrian Adonis (c) v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (c)[/B] Adrian Adonis locks up with Ric Flair, and the two wrestle for position. Adonis whips Flair into the ropes, but misses the clothesline attempt. Flair misses a clothesline of his own, and Adonis hits him with a shoulderblock. Adonis brushes his shoulder off and spits on Flair, who gets up and hits a series of chops. Flair pushes Adonis into the corner and hits another series of chops. Adonis comes out of the corner and hits another shoulderblock. Adonis taunts Flair, who pulls him down in a small package for a one-count. Adonis is furious and stomps Flair into the mat. Adonis pulls a chain out of his trunks, but referee Tommy Young sees it and admonishes him before taking it away. Adonis argues with the referee, and Flair pulls him down again for a one-count. Adonis levels Flair with a lariat and gets a two-count. Adonis picks Flair up and signals for the end of the match, but Flair hits a Northern Lights suplex for a two-count. Adonis is shocked, and Flair hits him with another series of chops. Adonis comes back with a series of punches, and then he knocks Flair to the mat with an elbowsmash. Adonis hits an elbowdrop on Flair and gets a one-count. Adonis hits another elbowdrop and gets another one-count. Adonis goes to the second turnbuckle now and hits an elbowdrop from the second turnbuckle, getting a two-count. Adonis complains about a slow count, and Flair takes his leg out from under him. Flair comes off the ropes and hits a knee drop on Adonis. Flair then pulls Adonis to the ropes and drapes one of his legs over the bottom rope before stomping on it. Flair works over the leg using the bottom rope for several minutes, then pulls him to the middle of the ring. Ric Flair goes for the Figure-Four, but Adrian Adonis kicks him off. Adonis gets up and tries to hit the rebounding Flair with a clothesline, but Flair ducks and clips his leg out again. Flair stops Adonis's knee, then pulls it down backward. Adonis is in tremendous pain at this point, but he has enough left to give Flair an elbowsmash. Flair and Adonis both rise, and then they hit each other with a double clothesline. Both men are down, but Flair seems to be in worse shape. Adonis is to his feet first, but Flair sees him coming and catches him with a desperation knee breaker. Flair sees that he has the advantage and stuns Adonis with an elbowdrop. Ric Flair executes the Figure-Four on Adrian Adonis! Adonis tries to fight the pain. Referee Tommy Young asks Adonis if he gives up; Adonis tells him NO. Adonis's shoulders are on the mat, referee Tommy Young counts: one . . . two . . . shoulder up. Adonis looks close to passing out from the pain. Referee Tommy Young asks Adonis if he gives up; Adonis shakes his head. Adonis's shoulders are on the mat, referee Tommy Young counts: one . . . two . . . shoulder up. Adonis tries to turn the move, but fails. Adonis is inching his way to the ropes; Flair pulls him back in. Adonis looks close to passing out from the pain. Referee Tommy Young tells Adonis to respond or he will stop the fight; Adonis tells him NO. Adonis is unable to move. Adonis's shoulders are on the mat, referee Tommy Young counts: one . . . two . . . shoulder up. Adonis tries to turn the move, but fails. Adonis submits after 3 minutes in the hold. The fans' cheers are deafening as the referee hands the NWA World Heavyweight and the Southwest Heavyweight Title belts to Flair and raises his arm. Flair poses and struts, then works the crowd for a few moments. [B]Ric Flair defeated Adrian Adonis in 20:35 by submission with a Figure-Four. Ric Flair makes defence number 21 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Ric Flair wins the Southwest Heavyweight title. Rating: A*[/B] *Ric Flair could use something to freshen his character up. *This match lifted the crowd. [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B+[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE=Doug Dunvegan]A successful pay-per-view; I really like the direction of things. Yes, I have had to change a couple of my plans due to the stipulations in the contracts of Bob Roop and Eric Embry, but those are merely minor setbacks, not a big deal. Now to clarify some things . . . Yes, Arn Anderson will be playing the role of Super Olympia for the time being while I help him develop. No, Jerry Brisco did not actually get electrocuted by the ECT machine, that was done with a small amount of pyro and some good acting. Yes, I did indeed have Harley Race and Gene Kiniski kick each other in the nuts. Anyway, all is well with the world for the time being.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Anubis]Just a couple notes for those wondering . . . First off, the reason I buffed the roster so much after firing so many people was because I used the Brand Extension feature so that I had a place to put my backstage workers. I'm just sick of having to find retarded ways to use some of these guys to keep them happy! So I have the MACW Brand and the Backstage Brand, but unfortunately had to buff the roster to not get penalized. Thankfully, I used the opportunity to buff my tag team division. Second, I do indeed have my main storylines and such planned out quite a bit in advance. In fact, I have the next six PPV main events planned out already, as well as several other various things. Not everything is planned in advance (like random matches that have no storyline purpose and are done for the sake of pure wrestling), but almost everything related to any of the championships is indeed. So there you go, for those wondering.[/QUOTE]

[B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 3.93 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.37 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.39 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 3.88 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.13 Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Medium II 3.20 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.60 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 12.06 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.24 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 6.72 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.92 [/CODE]

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 3, February 1984 Held in the Civic Center in Savannah, Georgia [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]The Blackjacks defeated Magnum T.A. and Steve Wright in 4:47 when Blackjack Lanza defeated Steve Wright by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Magnum T.A. is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]Bill Watts defeated Super Olympia in 4:41 by pinfall with an Oklahoma Stampede.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] Chris Markoff v Ivan Koloff[/B] *Chris Markoff was clearly still upset about the breakup of The Comrades going into this match with Ivan Koloff *Markoff took the fight to Koloff in a surprisingly good brawl *Comrade Dink cheered his man on, and Koloff eventually rallied and took control for a bit *Markoff was determined to have his revenge, however, and pummeled Koloff *Markoff started to look as if he would win, and so an irate Dink started waving someone toward the ring *A real monster of a man charged the ring, and as Dink distracted referee Pee Wee Anderson, entered the ring and laid out Markoff with what may have been one of the most vicious lariats in NWA history *The monster rolled out of the ring and ducked out of view as the referee resumed his duties in time to find Koloff covering Markoff *[I]Ivan Koloff defeated Chris Markoff in 7:54 by pinfall following interference from a mystery heavyweight.[/I] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Ivan Koloff came out of the match looking good. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]INTRODUCING NIKITA KOLOFF[/B] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink introduce the monster as Ivan's nephew, "The Russian Nightmare" Nikita Koloff *Ivan said that he brought his nephew over from Mother Russia to prove Soviet superiority *Ivan also stated that, unlike Chris Markoff, Nikita would not disappoint him and shame his Russian heritage *The Russians declared that this was just the beginning *Comrade Dink helped Ivan during this segment. *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Nikita Koloff is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 5 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH JACK BRISCO[/B] *Jack Brisco comes out to the ring and offers a heartfelt apology to his brother *Jack claims that electroshock therapy was the only way he could help stop Jerry Brisco's insanity *Jack asks for forgiveness and says that he hopes the nightmare is finally over for Jerry [I]Length: 3 minutes Rating: C[/I] [B]JERRY TAUNTS JACK[/B] *Jerry Brisco comes out and thanks his brother for making things crystal clear *Jack Brisco is horrified, however, when Jerry angrily declares Jack a traitor and taunts him *Jerry heads toward the ring, but Mr. Wrestling II arrives and gets between Jerry and Jack [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B]JERRY JOINS THE FAMILY[/B] *Jerry Brisco gets in the faces of Jack Brisco and Mr. Wrestling II in the ring *Jack and Mr. Wrestling II tell Jerry to back off and take some time to think *Jerry nods and backs away for a moment *Jerry then moves forward and extends his hand for Jack to shake... *...only to pull away as The Great Kabuki enters the ring with a chair and lays out Jack and Mr. Wrestling II both! *Gary Hart then appears and shakes Jerry's hand and hands him a chair; Jerry and Kabuki proceed to destroy Jack and Mr. Wrestling II *The Great Kabuki is learning to show more charisma. *The Great Kabuki is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 3 minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 2] CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Doug Dunvegan v Jerry "The King" Lawler (c)[/B] *Jerry Lawler was arrogant as always going into this title defense against Doug Dunvegan *Dunvegan made Lawler pay for that arrogance by laying into him with stiff fists *Lawler was rocked by Dunvegan's offensive for several moments, but soon countered with some punches of his own *Lawler had Dunvegan on the ropes after a few hits and then grabbed him and crotched him on the top rope, earning a warning from referee Pee Wee Anderson *Lawler took his time dismantling Dunvegan at that point, hitting several fist drops and then a legdrop for a near-fall *Lawler pulled Dunvegan up and tried to finish him, but Dunvegan countered with a backdrop *Dunvegan took control and was on fire, hammering Lawler into a corner *Dunvegan then put Lawler on the top turnbuckle and tried for a superplex, only for Lawler to counter with a front-layout superplex of his own *Dunvegan was down and out after hte fall, and Lawler was arrogant as always as he finished Dunvegan off *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Doug Dunvegan in 12:45 by pinfall with a Flying Fist Drop. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 7 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Doug Dunvegan is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]THE MONTH OF PEACE IS UP[/B] *Sputnik Monroe comes down to the ring as Jerry Lawler celebrates his win *Lawler's mood quickly sours as Mr. Monroe states that Lawler's month of peace is up and then books him in a Title Unification Match against Ric Flair for next week on World Championship Wrestling [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B]BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE ANNOUNCED[/B] *In another big announcement, Sputnik Monroe reveals a "Bunkhouse Stampede" event *The event will consist of ten battle royales, the winners of which will take part in one final battle royale at the Bunkhouse Stampede pay-per-view next month *The big winner will get a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship in the match of his choice at this year's Crockett Cup pay-per-view [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 3] BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE QUALIFIER #1 Featuring: Jay Youngblood, Harley Race, Dusty Rhodes, Dory Funk Jr., Playboy Buddy Rose, Greg Valentine, The Assassin, Steve Keirn, Hector Guerrero, and Gene Anderson[/B] *Hector Guerrero was eliminated by Gene Anderson *Jay Youngblood was eliminated by Gene Anderson *The Assassin was eliminated by Steve Keirn *Playboy Buddy Rose was eliminated by Dusty Rhodes *Greg Valentine was eliminated by Harley Race *Gene Anderson was eliminated by Dusty Rhodes *Steve Keirn was eliminated by Dory Funk Jr. *Dory Funk Jr. was eliminated by Dusty Rhodes *Harley Race was eliminated by Dusty Rhodes *[I]Dusty Rhodes won a battle royal in 13:58. The final four competitors also included Harley Race, Dory Funk Jr. and Steve Keirn, with Harley Race being the final elimination.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Gene Anderson is improving in Technical skills. *Playboy Buddy Rose is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]THE CHAMPION SPEAKS[/B] *Ric Flair comes out and hypes himself and the World Heavyweight Title *Flair then address a variety of subjects, starting with tonight's opponent, Baron Von Raschke *Flair then talks down to Jerry Lawler and says that the time has come to finish things once and for all *Flair also states that he wishes all of the Bunkhouse Stampede participants luck, but that he doesn't intend to drop the gold to any of them *Lastly, Flair thanks the fans for standing by him through thick and thin *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 7 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B][MATCH 4: MAIN EVENT] NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Baron Von Raschke v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (c)[/B] *The match started out slowly, with Baron Von Raschke trying and failing to trap Ric Flair in the corner *Flair took Baron to the mat and schooled him as only Flair can *Baron took offense to Flair's skill on the mat and popped him in the face before ramming his head into the turnbuckle *Baron tried several dirty tricks to keep Flair down, but none were successful *Flair eventually came back and laid into Baron with some powerful punches before taking him down with a knee breaker *Flair worked over Baron's legs at that point, using the bottom rope as usual *Baron eventually kicked Flair off and took him down by the legs *Baron started working on Flair's neck, but could not keep him down for long *Flair got his second wind and proceeded to turn the match around with a series of chops in the corner followed by a vertical suplex *Flair finally caught Baron in the Figure-Four, and that was the end of an exciting debut match for Baron *[I]Ric Flair defeated Baron Von Raschke in 16:32 by submission with a Figure-Four. Ric Flair makes defence number 22 of his NWA World Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B+[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT] [QUOTE=Anubis]Please forgive the brevity of the battle royales. There are eleven of them coming up and they are nearly impossible to write in an exciting manner. Heck, even watching them, the only thing that really matters is who eliminates who and any extraordinary events that occasionally happen.[/QUOTE]

[B][U]Tuesday, Week 3, February 1984[/U][/B] [B]GCW:[/B] Hansen & Rich (Stan Hansen and Tommy Rich) defeated Anderson and Reed (Ole Anderson and Butch Reed) for the National Tag Team titles [0 successful defences]

[SIZE="3"][B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Wednesday, Week 3, February 1984 Held in the County Hall in Charleston, South Carolina [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Doug Dunvegan defeated Super Olympia in 4:43 by pinfall with an Iron Fist.[/B] *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]The Russians defeated The Kelly Twins in 5:08 when Ivan Koloff defeated Pat Kelly by submission with a Bear Hug.[/B] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *The performance of Ivan Koloff stood out as being good. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]THE RUSSIANS PROMO[/B] *The Russians cut a promo hyping themselves. *Comrade Dink helped Ivan during this segment. *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Comrade Dink helped Nikita during this segment. *Nikita Koloff is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] SOUTHEAST TELEVISION TITLE BOUT The Great Kabuki v Steve Keirn (c)[/B] *This match started off well, with The Great Kabuki and Steve Keirn brawling all over the ring *Kabuki was on top at first, but Keirn soon turned things around and took him to the mat *Gary Hart rallied his man, and Kabuki was able to turn things around once again, staggering Keirn with stiff punches and kicks *Kabuki got several near-falls, both he and Hart started to get frustrated with referee Pee Wee Anderson *Kabuki tried to finish Keirn off, but failed, and Kabuki again blamed the referee, accusing him of a slow count *Kabuki argued with the referee, then lost his temper and spat green mist in his face, bringing the match to an end *[I]Steve Keirn defeated The Great Kabuki in 10:27 by disqualification. Steve Keirn makes defence number 6 of his Southeast Television title.[/I] [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]LAST CHANCE SLATER[/B] *Tony Schiavone interviewed Dick Slater, upsetting him right off the bat by bringing up Doug Dunvegan win over him at Clash of the Champions *Slater refused to acknowledge the match ever happened, then said he would win Bunkhouse Stampede and take the World Heavyweight Title *Tony Schiavone looked dreadful in this segment. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C-[/I] [B][MATCH 2] BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE QUALIFIER #2 Featuring: Jay Youngblood, Harley Race, Dory Funk Jr., Playboy Buddy Rose, Mr. Wrestling II, Dick Slater, Paul Orndorff, Greg Valentine, Baron Von Raschke, Chris Markoff[/B] *Baron Von Raschke was eliminated by Harley Race *Chris Markoff was eliminated by Greg Valentine *Dory Funk Jr. was eliminated by Greg Valentine *Greg Valentine was eliminated by Dick Slater *Harley Race was eliminated by Dick Slater *Dick Slater was eliminated by Jay Youngblood *Playboy Buddy Rose was eliminated by Mr. Wrestling II *Mr. Wrestling II was eliminated by Paul Orndorff *Jay Youngblood was eliminated by Paul Orndorff *[I]Paul Orndorff won a battle royal in 14:46. The final four competitors also included Jay Youngblood, Mr. Wrestling II and Playboy Buddy Rose, with Jay Youngblood being the final elimination.[/I] *Dick Slater could use something to freshen his character up. *This match lifted the crowd. *Paul Orndorff is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]RIC FLAIR PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo against Jerry Brisco *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 9 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 3: MAIN EVENT] Jerry Brisco v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair[/B] *Jerry Brisco went right at Ric Flair from the start, keeping up with him both in fisticuffs and then on the mat *Flair soon used his experience to gain an advantage, and started working over Brisco's legs *Flair used the bottom rope to attack, of course, and also hit a fist drop on Brisco's knee *Brisco was in trouble until Gary Hart passed him a chair and distrated referee Tommy Young *Brisco slammed Flair with the chair and discarded it, but still only managed to get a two-count *Brisco was shocked, and Flair got his second wind *Flair laid into Brisco with stiff punches, then hit him in the corner with a series of chops before hitting another knee breaker to soften him up for the big finish *[I]Ric Flair defeated Jerry Brisco in 11:29 by submission with a Figure-Four.[/I] *Gary Hart did some good work at ringside. *This match lifted the crowd. *Jerry Brisco is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B-[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B][U]Thursday, Week 3, February 1984[/U][/B] [B]WCCW:[/B] Kevin Von Erich defeated Buddy Jack Roberts for the WCCW American Heavyweight title [3 successful defences] [B][U]Friday, Week 3, February 1984[/U][/B] [B]WWF:[/B] The Wild Samoans defeated The Invaders for the WWF Tag Team titles [21 successful defences] [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 3 February 1984 The world tour on pay-per-view continues! This week we are in the Shikoku region of Japan where Jerry Brisco will challenge Eric Embry for the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title, Dory Funk Jr. and Gene Anderson will challenge Steamboat & Youngblood for the NWA World Tag Team Titles, and Harley Race challenges Ric Flair for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. We also see Bunkhouse Stampede Qualifier #3; Ken Timbs manages a huge upset when Hector Guerrero goes over the top rope via his own momentum while eliminating Rick Hunter. [QUOTE=Doug Dunvegan]That was too close for comfort. The show was practically a trainwreck, but happily, Harley Race and Ric Flair worked their magic and saved the show![/QUOTE]

[B][U]Sunday, Week 3, February 1984[/U][/B] Dick Slater has now left MACW due to contract expiry. Maybe while he is unemployed, he will take some time to learn about what a good work ethic is. [B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 3.87 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.43 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.77 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 4.27 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.95 Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Medium II 3.41 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.58 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 12.09 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.28 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 6.70 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.90 [/CODE]

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 4, February 1984 Held in the Sports Arena in Toledo, Ohio [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Wahoo McDaniel defeated Baron Von Raschke in 4:34 by pinfall with a Chop.[/B] *Baron Von Raschke and Wahoo McDaniel don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]Super Olympia defeated Bill Watts in 4:49 by pinfall with a Spinebuster.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] SOUTHWEST TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT The Bass Brothers v The North-South Connection (c)[/B] *Adrian Adonis and Ron Bass started things off *Adonis hammered R. Bass, but only stayed in control for a short time before R. Bass isolated Adonis in his team's corner *R. Bass and Don Bass double-teamed Adonis for several mintues *Jesse Ventura entered the ring, pushed referee Pee Wee Anderson out of the way, and made the save *The referee lost control of the match at that point, and a four-man brawl broke out *The referee eventually regained control, and Adonis and Ventura had D. Bass isolated *Ventura kept R. Bass busy as Adonis finishes off D. Bass *[I]The North-South Connection defeated The Bass Brothers in 10:59 when Adrian Adonis defeated Don Bass by pinfall with a DDT. The North-South Connection make defence number 1 of their Southwest Tag Team titles.[/I] *Adrian Adonis looked good out there. *Don Bass is improving in Rumble skills. *Adrian Adonis is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT ANNOUNCEMENT[/B] *Bob Caudle and Tony Schiavone announced that, now that The North-South Connection have proved themselves, they will be taking on Steamboat & Youngblood at Bunkhouse Stampede in a Title Unification Match [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B[/I] [B]WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT ANNOUNCEMENT[/B] *The announcers added that we will also be seeing Hector Guerrero taking on Eric Embry for the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title at Bunkhouse Stampede [I]Length: 1 minute Rating: E+[/I] [B]JERRY LAWLER PROMO[/B] *Jerry Lawler cuts a promo against Ric Flair *Lawler says that Flair would have to be crazy to think that everything would get wrapped up in such a simple manner *Lawler promises to give Flair a run for his money and show the world that "The King" is better than "The Nature Boy" *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 2] BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE QUALIFIER #4 Featuring: Playboy Buddy Rose, Greg Valentine, Blackjack Lanza, Doug Dunvegan, Chris Markoff, Gene Anderson, Magnum T.A., Rick Hunter, El Satanico, and Steve Wright[/B] *Magnum T.A. was eliminated by Playboy Buddy Rose *Gene Anderson was eliminated by Greg Valentine and Doug Dunvegan *Rick Hunter was eliminated by Playboy Buddy Rose *El Satanico was eliminated by Greg Valentine and Doug Dunvegan *Playboy Buddy Rose was eliminated by Greg Valentine and Doug Dunvegan *Blackjack Lanza was eliminated by Chrius Markoff *Greg Valentine was eliminated by Steve Wright *Steve Wright was eliminated by Chris Markoff *Doug Dunvegan was eliminated by Chris Markoff *[I]Chris Markoff won a battle royal in 11:34. The final four competitors also included Doug Dunvegan, Greg Valentine and Steve Wright, with Doug Dunvegan being the final elimination.[/I] *Chris Markoff is improving in Technical skills. *Gene Anderson is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH CHRIS MARKOFF[/B] *Gene Okerlund interviews Chris Markoff and speaks with him about his big win *Markoff pushes Okerlund down and tells him to shut up before ranting about how he plans to show The Russians who the real Russian is *Markoff claims that it will be him, not Ivan Koloff or Nikita Koloff, who proves Soviet superiority *Markoff then swears that he will win Bunkhouse Stampede and defeat Ric Flair for the World Heavyweight Title for Mother Russia *Chris Markoff is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 3] The Family (The Great Kabuki and Jerry Brisco) v Jack Brisco and Mr. Wrestling II[/B] *Jack Brisco and The Great Kabuki started things off when Jerry Brisco refused to get into the ring *When Jack finally tagged out to Mr. Wrestling II, Jerry allowed himself to be tagged in *Jerry and Kabuki double-teamed Mr. Wrestling II for a time *Mr. Wrestling II eventually tossed Kabuki out of the ring and tagged Jack in *Jack laid into Jerry harshly and then took him to the mat to work him over *Kabuki attacked Mr. Wrestling II on the floor by Gary Hart's order *Jack had Jerry in the Figure-Four, but Hart hit him in the head with a chair out of view of referee Pee Wee Anderson *Jerry turned the hold over and pulled him to the middle of the ring, forcing him to submit *[I]The Family defeated Jack Brisco and Mr. Wrestling II in 9:55 when Jerry Brisco defeated Jack Brisco by submission after interference from Gary Hart.[/I] *The Great Kabuki is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]KEIRN GETS INVOLVED[/B] *The Great Kabuki sprays Mr. Wrestling II with mist and beats him down on the floor as Jerry Brisco refuses to release the hold on Jack Brisco *Steve Keirn runs down to the ring and lays out Gary Hart, then grabs a chair and lays out Kabuki and Jerry as well, making the save *Jack still looks to be hurt quite badly, unfortunately, and is eventually taken out with a stretcher *Steve Keirn performed poorly in this segment. *Jerry Brisco looked good. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B]RIC FLAIR PROMO[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo on Jerry Lawler, saying there is no way for him to escape his fate *Flair says that he will end things once and for all tonight, and there is nothing Lawler can do about it *Flair tells Lawler to be a man and just accept that the CWA is gone and that his championship means nothing now *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B][MATCH 4: MAIN EVENT] CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT TITLE UNIFICATION MATCH Jerry "The King" Lawler (c) v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair (c)[/B] *Jerry Lawler and Ric Flair locked up, wrestling for position *The match started off slowly as Lawler was hesitant to let much momentum build up *Flair eventually caught Lawler on the mat and started working over his legs as was to be expected *Flair went for the Figure-Four early, and Lawler kicked him off *Flair turned around into a nasty roundhouse right from Lawler, allowing him to turn the match around *Lawler laid into Flair, punching him several times to knock him into the corner and then assaulting him with a series of punches to the stomach *Lawler gave Flair another series of punches, this time busting him open *Lawler kept at it, but Flair eventually got a second wind, grabbed him, and tossed him into the corner instead, laying into him with a series of chops *Flair took Lawler over and then attacked his knee mercilessly, trying to put him away *Flair finally caught Lawler in the Figure-Four and looked poised to actually end things *Lawler got a second wind of his own, though, and amazingly turned the the hold over *Flair eventually got to the ropes, but Lawler was in control now and hammered him *Lawler went for the Piledriver, but Flair countered with a backdrop *Flair hit a knee breaker and caught Lawler in the Figure-Four again, this time in the middle of the ring *As Flair applied pressure, Sputnik Monroe came out smiling, wanting to watch Lawler lose first-hand *Lawler refused to tap out, though, and kept his shoulders off the mat while trying to break the hold *Flair kept trying to force Lawler to submit, but Lawler refused and spat in Flair's face *After Lawler managed to stay in the hold without submitting for several minutes, Mr. Monroe was horrified when the bell rang and the time limit expired! *[I]Jerry Lawler drew with Ric Flair in 20:00 when the time limit expired. Ric Flair makes defence number 24 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 8 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title.[/I] *Ric Flair could use something to freshen his character up. *This match lifted the crowd. *Ric Flair is improving in Rumble skills. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[SIZE="3"][B]Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Wednesday, Week 4, February 1984 Held in the Littlejohn Coliseum in Clemson, South Carolina [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Hector Guerrero defeated Steve Wright in 4:46 by pinfall with a Butterfly Suplex.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]The Russians defeated The Kelly Twins in 5:06 when Nikita Koloff defeated Mike Kelly by pinfall with a Russian Sickle.[/B] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: D+[/I] [B]THE RUSSIANS PROMO[/B] *The Russians cut a promo hyping themselves. *Comrade Dink helped Ivan during this segment. *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Comrade Dink helped Nikita during this segment. *Nikita Koloff is improving at acting. *Nikita Koloff is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]LAWLER CHALLENGES KEIRN[/B] *Jerry Lawler comes to the ring and calls out Steve Keirn, challenging him for the Southeast Television Title *Lawler says he is willing to put the CWA Southern Heavyweight Title on the line in order to get the match [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B-[/I] [B]KEIRN ACCEPTS[/B] *Steve Keirn walks out and grins as he accepts Jerry Lawler's challenge *Keirn says he is more than happy to finally stop Lawler [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 1] SOUTHEAST TELEVISION TITLE BOUT CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT TITLE VERSUS TITLE MATCH Jerry "The King" Lawler (c) v Steve Keirn (c)[/B] *Jerry Lawler laughed at Steve Keirn as he looked serious about winning the match *Keirn took advantage of Lawler's arrogance and hammered him, taking him to the mat and working over his back with forearms *Lawler threw Keirn off and rolled out of the ring to think about his next move *Lawler entered the ring and went after Keirn, hitting a European uppercut to rock him against the ropes and then hitting a series of chops *Lawler was doing well, but when he went for the Piledriver, Keirn countered with a backdrop *Lawler got up and ran right into a jumping clothesline by Keirn *Gary Hart and The Great Kabuki came down to the ring *Hart distracted referee Pee Wee Anderson as Kabuki entered the ring and spat mist in Keirns face before taking his head off with a stiff kick *Kabuki pulled out, and retreated to the back with Hart as Lawler took the opportunity to finish Keirn off *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Steve Keirn in 8:32 by pinfall following interference from The Great Kabuki. Jerry Lawler wins the Southeast Television title. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 9 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title.[/I] *Jerry Lawler looked good out there. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]TONY'S INTERVIEW WITH THE KING[/B] *Tony Schiavone interviews Jerry Lawler, who is all smiles as he puts a championship over each shoulder *Lawler says that now he is the King of Wrestling, so of course he is the best on television *Schiavone mentions Ric Flair, but Lawler only laughs and says that Flair needs to get used to not being the top dog in the NWA *Tony Schiavone looked lost out there. *This segment lifted the crowd. *Tony Schiavone is improving at acting. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 2] BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE QUALIFIER #5 Featuring: Wahoo McDaniel, Dory Funk Jr., Harley Race, Mr. Wrestling II, Greg Valentine, Jerry Brisco, Adrian Adonis, Blackjack Mulligan, The Assassin, Bob Roop[/B] *The Assassin was eliminated by Greg Valentine *Blackjack Mulligan was eliminated by Greg Valentine *Bob Roop was eliminated by Harley Race *Mr. Wrestling II was eliminated by Dory Funk Jr. *Jerry Brisco was eliminated by Wahoo McDaniel *Adrian Adonis was eliminated by Greg Valentine *Dory Funk Jr. was eliminated by Greg Valentine *Greg Valentine was eliminated by Harley Race *Harley Race was eliminated by Wahoo McDaniel *[I]Wahoo McDaniel won a battle royal in 10:16. The final four competitors also included Harley Race, Greg Valentine and Dory Funk Jr., with Harley Race being the final elimination.[/I] *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. *Harley Race is improving in Rumble skills. *Jerry Brisco is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]CELEBRATING MACW[/B] *Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Ricky Steamboat, and Jay Youngblood cut a promo in which they hype MACW, the NWA, and the Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling program *Youngblood says it has been a wild ride, but now it is time to move on to bigger and better things *Steamboat says that it has been an honor to wrestle on this program, and that this is only the beginning *Rhodes gives a touching hype monologue talking about all the classic television moments the show has produced *Flair makes sure all the watchers know to catch MACW's flagship program, World Championship Wrestling, from here on out *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B]MAIN EVENT HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle hypes the upcoming main event match, the final main event for the Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling program, between Steamboat & Youngblood and Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes *Caudle reminds everyone that this is a Non-Title Match [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 3: MAIN EVENT] Steamboat & Youngblood v "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes[/B] *Bob Caudle and Gene Okerlund talk about how this is the best possible way to end Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling's run *Ricky Steamboat and Ric Flair start things off nice and slow, wrestling for position, neither getting the upper-hand *Jay Youngblood and Dusty Rhodes are tagged in, and Rhodes is on fire as he lays into Youngblood with elbowsmashes *Rhodes and Flair double-team Youngblood for several moments until Steamboat jumps up and cleans house with a flying cross-body block *There is chaos now as all four men fight in the middle of the ring, but referee Tommy Young soon regains control *Rhodes and Youngblood fight on the floor now as Flair and Steamboat put on a wrestling clinic in the ring *Flair tries working over Steamboat's legs, but Steamboat gets a second wind and comes back with a fury, hammering Flair into the corner with a series of stiff chops *Steamboat catches Flair soon and earns himself a submission victory over the World Heavyweight Champion! *[I]Steamboat & Youngblood defeated Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes in 15:53 when Ricky Steamboat defeated Ric Flair by submission with a Double Chicken Wing.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 4 February 1984 The world tour on pay-per-view continues! This week we are in the Kyushu region of Japan where Steve Wright will challenge Eric Embry for the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title, The Family (The Great Kabuki and Jerry Brisco) challenges Steamboat & Youngblood for the NWA World Tag Team Titles, and we crown a new NWA World Heavyweight Champion! We also see Bunkhouse Stampede Qualifier #6; Doug Dunvegan manages to win it after he and Gene Anderson made it to the final two and had a bloody brawl.

[B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 3.88 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.43 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.66 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 4.38 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.70 Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Medium II 3.52 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.61 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 12.14 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.26 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 6.86 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.87 [/CODE]

February 1984 End of Month Report We were back to making money this month, which is good in light of the imminent buyouts of SECW, CWF, and HCW. Unfortunately, there is bad news on the horizon; sources indicate that wrestling may be headed for another slump! I imagine the imminent deaths of the territories may be part of it, which upsets me since there is no way to stop it. Time will tell how this all turns out . . . [CODE] PPV Revenue: $1,327,680 Ticket Sales: $1,117,417 Sponsors: $ 174,236 Merchandise: $ 417,600 Workers: -$ 684,140 Show Costs: -$ 316,800 Marketing: -$ 25,000 Merchandise: -$ 246,740 Production: -$ 88,000 Misc.: -$1,070,091 ======================== Performance: $ 606,162 Cash: $3,076,168 [/CODE]

[B][U]March 1984 News:[/U][/B] Steve Doll Enters Wrestling The Undertaker Enters Wrestling Jushin Liger Enters Wrestling CWF Decimation To Debut WWF Lightning To Debut CSTATE Television To Debut WWC Combat TV To Debut ASW High Velocity To Debut CMLL Lucha To Debut Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling Ends Run [B][U]Monday, Week 1, January 1984[/U][/B] I sent out contract offers to Jack Brisco, Ivan Koloff, Dory Funk Jr., and Comrade Dink. Gene Anderson, however, will be leaving upon the end of his contract. To replace Anderson, I sent out an offer to Curt Hennig. Next, I sent buyout offers to SWCW, CWF, and HCW. Lastly, I opened negotiations to renew our pay-per-view deal.

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 1, March 1984 Held in the Entertainment Center in Duluth, Minnesota [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Ric Flair defeated Mike Kelly in 5:20 by submission with a Figure-Four.[/B] *Mike Kelly and Ric Flair don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]Harley Race defeated Pat Kelly in 4:56 by pinfall with a Falling Headbutt.[/B] *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Harley Race looked good out there. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Harley Race cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]HARLEY HAS HIS EIGHTH[/B] *Harley Race continues his arrogant ranting as the show opens, hyping himself and the World Heavyweight Title *Race says he told everyone that he would defeat Ric Flair and be an 8-time Champion and that he has made good on his word *Race then says that, from now on, the Championship will be defended under the "old rules", meaning a title bout must be a Two-Out-Of-Three-Falls Match! *Race tells Sputnik Monroe to not even bother coming out because he already went over his head to the NWA Championship Committee and got the idea approved! *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. [I]Length: 5 Minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 1] BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE QUALIFIER #7 Featuring: Playboy Buddy Rose, Greg Valentine, Blackjack Mulligan, Blackjack Lanza, Ivan Koloff, Gene Anderson, Magnum T.A., Rick Hunter, Super Olympia, and Steve Wright[/B] *Super Olympia was eliminated by Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan *Gene Anderson was eliminated by Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan *Greg Valentine was eliminated by Blackjack Lanza and Blackjack Mulligan *Blackjack Lanza was eliminated by Rick Hunter *Blackjack Mulligan was eliminated by Rick Hunter *Ivan Koloff was eliminated by Magnum T.A. *Steve Wright was eliminated by Playboy Buddy Rose *Magnum T.A. was eliminated by Playboy Buddy Rose *Playboy Buddy Rose was eliminated by Rick Hunter *[I]Rick Hunter won a battle royal in 10:05. The final four competitors also included Playboy Buddy Rose, Magnum T.A. and Steve Wright, with Playboy Buddy Rose being the final elimination.[/I] *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. *Super Olympia is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]JACK IS INJURED![/B] *Jack Brisco gives a heartfelt backstage promo in which he apologizes to the fans for not being able to do more to stop The Family *Jack states that his brother broke his leg last week, and so he is no longer going to be able to do anything about him *Jack says he thinks he is getting too old for this and may leave wrestling for good after this [I]Length: 3 Minute Rating: C-[/I] [B][MATCH 2] UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Bob Roop v Dory Funk Jr. (c)[/B] *This started off slow as traditional mat wrestling *Bob Roop and Dory Funk Jr. wrestled back and forth pretty evenly in the early moments *Funk's experience soon paid off as he took control and started working over Roop's legs *Funk had Roop in trouble for several minutes and used several submission holds to maintain his advantage *Roop reached into his Olympic experience to get out of Funk's grasp and get a second wind *Roop beat on Funk with forearms to the back and mounted him, working over his back and shoulders *Funk tried to make a comeback as Roop missed with a clothesline, but Roop saw it coming and took Funk's legs out from under him *Funk tried to avoid Roop, but was unable to stay away; Roop moved in for the kill on Funk *[I]Bob Roop defeated Dory Funk Jr. in 7:50 by pinfall with an Inverted Shoulderbreaker. Bob Roop wins the United States Heavyweight title.[/I] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]PPV CHALLENGE[/B] *The Family comes down to the ring where Gary Hart calls out Steve Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II *Jerry Brisco is proud of sidelining his brother permanently *The Great Kabuki looks intimidating as Hart passed on his message that it is time to put the other two out as well *Gary Hart helped Kabuki during this segment. *Gary Hart helped Jerry Brisco during this segment. *The Great Kabuki is developing better performance skills. *The Family challenges Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II to face them at Bunkhouse Stampede [I]Length: 5 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [B]CHALLENGE ACCEPTED[/B] *The Family are still in the ring as Steve Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II come out *Keirn says it is personal now and that it's payback time *Mr. Wrestling II says it's time to put an end to this war *Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II officially accept the challenge laid out by the Family *Steve Keirn is learning to show more charisma. *The Great Kabuki is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 5 minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 3] Chris Markoff v "The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes[/B] *Chris Markoff spat on Dusty Rhodes as the bell rang, and was immediately assaulted by a series of elbowsmashes *Markoff fought Rhodes off and hammered him into a corner, staggering the big man *Rhodes came out of the corner and laid Markoff out with a clothesline followed by a fist drop *Rhodes took control of the match from that point *[I]Dusty Rhodes defeated Chris Markoff in 6:01 by submission with a Figure-Four.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 4] Doug Dunvegan v Paul Orndorff[/B] *Doug Dunvegan and Paul Orndorff went after each other from the opening bell, punching each other back and forth *Dunvegan gained an early advantage and rocked Orndorff against the ropes *Orndorff came back with a lariat and started kicking and stomping Dunvegan *Orndorff was firmly in control as he slowed down the pace and kept Dunvegan grounded *Orndorff went for a Figure-Four, but Dunvegan kicked him off and jumped up, laying him out *Orndorff tried to keep up, but Dunvegan used his boxing experience to overcome him and finish him off *[I]Doug Dunvegan defeated Paul Orndorff in 6:54 by pinfall with an Iron Fist.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]RIC FLAIR DEMANDS A REMATCH[/B] *Ric Flair comes down to the ring and rants about Harley Race *Flair demands a rematch against Race for the Championship and says he refuses to accept any new rules *Flair states that Race only won because he used brass knuckles and will take the Championship back by any means necessary [I]Length: 5 minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B]MR. MONROE ADDRESSES FLAIR AND RACE[/B] *Sputnik Monroe walks out, but before he can even say anything, Ric Flair is shouting and demanding his rematch under the normal rules *Mr. Monroe looks annoyed at first, then says that if Flair would let him get a word in edgewise, he would know that the match is granted and will take place at Bunkhouse Stampede *Furthermore, since Flair had a rematch clause in his contract, the rematch will take place under the same rules as the original, meaning one fall for a finish *Flair is all smiles as he heads backstage [I]Length: 1 Minute Rating: A[/I] [B]MR. MONROE ADDRESSES THE KING[/B] *Sputnik Monroe now addresses Jerry Lawler, who comes out for his match *Mr. Monroe thanks Lawler for winning the Southeast Television Title after agreeing to put his own championship on the line *Due to Lawler's challenge, Mr. Monroe now has the power to put the CWA Southern Heavyweight Title on the line any time the Southeast Television Title is on the line *Since the Southeast Television Title must be defended every week on television, this means Lawler will be defending both championships in every match *Lawler looks steamed as he shouts at Mr. Monroe, who walks away laughing [I]Length: 1 minute Rating: D[/I] [B]LAWLER SPEAKS HIS MIND[/B] *Jerry Lawler grabs a mic and rants at Sputnik Monroe for abusing his power *Lawler then says that he doesn't care what Mr. Monroe does because he's the King of All Wrestling *Lawler taunts Mr. Monroe by saying he has to resort to dirty tricks to get his way with Lawler *Lawler then taunts his opponent for tonight, Wahoo McDaniel, calling him a washed-up has-been who has no chance of defeating the King of All Wrestling [I]Length: 5 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] SOUTHEAST TELEVISION TITLE BOUT CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Wahoo McDaniel v Jerry "The King" Lawler (c)[/B] *Jerry Lawler was angry going into this match and attacked Wahoo McDaniel before the bell *Lawler stomped Wahoo mercilessly and kicked him in the head to keep him down *Wahoo got the crowd behind him to dig into his reserves of energy and his several knifehand chops to stagger Lawler *Lawler was rocked, but not down, and he and Wahoo hit each other with a double clothesline *Wahoo was the first to get up, and ran over Lawler with another clothesline *Wahoo was poised to win it, but Lawler rolled to the outside *Wahoo gave chase, and Lawler eventually took the chase back to the ring where he turned and stomped Wahoo as he tried to get back in *Lawler tried for the Piledriver, but Wahoo countered with a backdrop *Wahoo was on fire as he got his second wind, rocking Lawler with a series of punches *Lawler begged off in the corner, then turned the tide with a low blow *Referee Tommy Young warned Lawler, who argued as he snuck in a mule kick while he had his attention *Lawler went for the pin with a handful of tights, a tactic the referee did not see *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 16:27 by pinfall by using underhanded tactics. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 1 of his Southeast Television title. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 10 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Wahoo McDaniel is improving in Flying skills. [I]Rating: A*[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B][U]Tuesday, Week 1, March 1984[/U][/B] SECW finally gave in today, and we finalized MACW's buyout of the promotion for $1,000,000. Sadly, CWF and HCW both rejected. Ah well, I am certain they will eventually come around, and once they do, we will finally be in a position to stop Vince McMahon and the WWF. Time to start negotiating with SECW's champions! [B][U]Friday, Week 1, March 1984[/U][/B] Change is in the air, and now I am starting to worry. First, Jack Brisco rejected negotiations and will be leaving when his contract expires, which is a pretty big hit. As if that were not bad enough, Closed Circuit U.S. (Big) rejected negotiations with us, claiming they are already airing enough wrestling. Never mind the fact that we get better buyrates than AWA or GCW, this situation is befuddling, and to be quite honest, a complete disaster. There is no way to pay for the buyouts or even my big stars without the pay-per-view revenue, so this could mean big trouble. If I am unable to get a bigger carrier to give us a chance, we are screwed. The only good news today is that I was able to renew Dory Funk Jr.'s contract with no difficulty whatsoever. Now I have opened negotiations with El Satanico. [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 1, March 1984 The world tour on pay-per-view continues! This week we are in the Hokkaido region of Japan where Steve Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II will challenge Steamboat & Youngblood for the NWA World Tag Team Titles and Dory Funk Jr. challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title; the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title will not be defended tonight. We also see Bunkhouse Stampede Qualifier #8; Greg Valentine gets his win to advance after a vicious brawl with Baron Von Raschke and Jerry Lawler.

[B][U]Saturday, Week 1, March 1984[/U][/B] I renewed Ivan Koloff's contract with an Exclusive P.P.A. deal, and also renewed Comrade Dink's contract with a standard Pay-Per-Appearance deal. I also successfully signed Curt Hennig to a Pay-Per-Appearance deal. [B][U]Sunday, Week 1, March 1984[/U][/B] I signed the Southeastern Tag Team Champions, Robert Fuller and Jimmy Golden, to Exclusive P.P.A. deals. [B][U]Week in Review: TV Ratings Race[/U][/B] [CODE] [Monday] GCW In Your House U.S. Syndication Big I 3.91 PNW Unplugged TV Local - North West 0.41 [Tuesday] AWA Battering Ram ESPN 4.75 [Wednesday] World Championship Wrestling ESPN 4.41 [Thursday] [Friday] AWA All-Star Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small II 7.81 WCCW: The Edge TV Local - Mid South 0.60 [Saturday] George Championship Wrestling TBS 11.58 Big Time Wrestling TV Local - North West 0.23 [Sunday] WWF Championship Wrestling U.S. Syndication Small I 6.88 World Class Wrestling TV Local - Mid South 0.85 [/CODE]

[SIZE="3"][B]World Championship Wrestling[/B][/SIZE] Monday, Week 2, March 1984 Held in a Small Venue in the North West region of the USA [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]Nikita Koloff defeated El Satanico in 5:02 by pinfall with a Russian Sickle.[/B] *Comrade Dink did some good work at ringside. *El Satanico and Nikita Koloff don't seem to click, and it made for an awkward bout. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. [I]Rating: D[/I] [B]The Blackjacks defeated The Bass Brothers in 4:55 when Blackjack Mulligan defeated Ron Bass by pinfall with a Piledriver.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Ron Bass is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Lanza is improving in Performance skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]CHAMPION PROMO[/B] *Harley Race cuts a promo hyping up his glorius reign as champion in the promotion. *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE QUALIFIER #9 Featuring: Playboy Buddy Rose, The Flame, Gene Anderson, Ivan Koloff, Magnum T.A., Steve Wright, Hector Guerrero, Pat Kelly, Mike Kelly, Bill Watts[/B] *Pat Kelly was eliminated by Ivan Koloff *The Flame was eliminated by Magnum T.A. *Bill Watts was eliminated by Ivan Koloff *Steve Wright was eliminated by Magnum T.A. *Hector Guerrero was eliminated by Ivan Koloff *Gene Anderson was eliminated by Magnum T.A. *Mike Kelly was eliminated by Ivan Koloff *Ivan Koloff was eliminated by Magnum T.A. *Playboy Buddy Rose was eliminated by Magnum T.A. *[I]Magnum T.A. won a battle royal in 10:33. The final four competitors also included Playboy Buddy Rose, Ivan Koloff and Mike Kelly, with Playboy Buddy Rose being the final elimination.[/I] *Gene Anderson could use something to freshen his character up. *Hector Guerrero is improving in Rumble skills. *Playboy Buddy Rose is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 2] SOUTHEAST TELEVISION TITLE BOUT CWA SOUTHERN HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Super Olympia v Jerry "The King" Lawler (c)[/B] *Jerry Lawler was casual going into this match, but Super Olympia came to win *Lawler was doing well at first, but then Olympia took him to the mat and pounded him *Lawler started taking the match seriously and quickly turned the tables on Olympia *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Super Olympia in 6:57 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 2 of his Southeast Television title. Jerry Lawler makes defence number 11 of his CWA Southern Heavyweight title.[/I] *Jerry Lawler came out of the match looking good. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]THE KING CALLS OUT THE U.S. CHAMPION[/B] *After the match, Jerry Lawler grabs a mic and calls out Bob Roop *Lawler says he is willing to put his CWA Southern Heavyweight Title on the line yet again, this time for a shot at the United States Heavyweight Title [I]Length: 5 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B]ROOP ACCEPTS THE CHALLENGE[/B] *Bob Roop walks out and says he is happy to accept Jerry Lawler's challenge on behalf of MACW and the NWA *Paul Jones promises Sputnik Monroe and all the fans that his client will be the one to end Lawler's rebellion once and for all *Lawler laughs saying that many have tried and all have failed, and that by the end of Bunkhouse Stampede, Roop will bow to "The King" *Roop replies that the United States of America recognizes no King and tells Lawler to go to Hell *Paul Jones helped Roop during this segment. *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. [I]Length: 3 minutes Rating: B-[/I] [B][MATCH 3] Baron Von Raschke and Chris Markoff v Steve Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II[/B] *Steve Keirn and Baron Von Raschke started things off *Baron and Chris Markoff were in control early on, isolating Keirn and beating him into the mat *Keirn eventually made a hot tag to Mr. Wrestling II, who jumped in and cleaned house *Keirn kept Markoff busy on the floor as Mr. Wrestling II dealt with Baron in the ring *[I]Steve Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II defeated Baron Von Raschke and Chris Markoff in 10:34 when Mr. Wrestling II defeated Baron Von Raschke by submission with a Sleeperhold.[/I] [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]FLAIR EYES THE PRIZE[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a vicious promo against not only Harley Race, but Dory Funk Jr. as well *Flair laughs about a veteran like Funk losing the U.S. strap, then tells Race that losing gold is in his future as well *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B][MATCH 4] Greg "The Hammer" Valentine and Doug Dunvegan v The Family (The Great Kabuki and Jerry Brisco)[/B] *Greg Valentine and The Great Kabuki started things off *Doug Dunvegan and Jerry Brisco were soon tagged in *Both teams wrestled fairly evenly for most of the match *Valentine managed to isolate Kabuki in his team's corner for a short time, but then Brisco distracted referee Pee Wee Anderson as Kabuki misted Valentine *Dunvegan was tagged in, and Kabuki and Brisco double-teamed him with no one to stop them *[I]The Family defeated Greg Valentine and Doug Dunvegan in 11:14 when Jerry Brisco defeated Doug Dunvegan by submission with a Figure-Four.[/I] [I]Rating: C[/I] [B]RACE, FUNK, AND ADONIS SPEAK[/B] *Harley Race, Dory Funk Jr., and Adrian Adonis cut a promo hyping themselves *Race says that he is an 8-time Champion for a reason: because he is the best wrestler in the world, and not even Ric Flair can change that *Funk says that losing to Bob Roop was a fluke and that after he proves as much tonight, he will win the gold back in a rematch *Adonis bashes Flair for not mentioning him earlier as if he were worth nothing after losing at Clash of the Champions *The three then say that they will be destroying Flair, Roop, and Rick Hunter tonight, and that none of them will make it to Bunkhouse Stampede *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. *Harley Race came across well. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 minutes Rating: B+[/I] [B][MATCH 5: MAIN EVENT] "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair and Roop & Hunter (Bob Roop and Rick Hunter) v Harley Race, Dory Funk Jr., and Adrian Adonis[/B] *Harley Race and Rick Hunter started out when Race refused to start things off with Ric Flair *Hunter tried to keep up with Race, but was quickly isolated in Race's corner *Race and Dory Funk Jr. tagged back and forth while hammering Hunter *Flair went around the outsode of the ring and hit Race with a low blow *Chaos erupted after Flair's action, and referee Tommy Young lost control as all six men started brawling *Bob Roop tossed Adrian Adonis out of the ring and went after Funk *Flair, Roop, and Hunter soon had Race, Funk, and Adonis in submission holds, but all three broke free *The referee finally restored order, and Race and Flair were finally in the ring together *Roop and Funk continued to fight on the outside, and Adonis rammed Hunter into the ring post *Flair caught Race in the corner with a series of chops, but Race pulled the referee into the fight, causing him to get hit and go down *Bobby Heenan entered the ring and slammed Flair with a chair *The referee recovered as Race finished Flair off to boos from the crowd *[I]Harley Race, Dory Funk Jr. and Adrian Adonis defeated Ric Flair and Roop & Hunter in 16:08 when Harley Race defeated Ric Flair by pinfall when Bobby Heenan interfered.[/I] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *The performance of Ric Flair stood out as being good. *Harley Race came out of the match looking good. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: A[/I] [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B+[/B][/SIZE] [/FONT]

[B][U]Wednesday, Week 2, March 1984[/U][/B] Today could very well be the beginning of the end of MACW's rise to the top. Jay Youngblood's contract is up, and with him being one of the most important workers on the roster, I see renewing his contract as more or less essential. Unfortunately, due to his popularity and skill, it would cost probably $4500 per appearance to keep him around, and Jim Crockett Jr. has blocked me from offering anymore more than $3700 per appearance! This means, of course, that I will be losing one of my best workers, one half of the NWA World Tag Team Champions! Mr. Crockett is obviously ignorant as to how to properly run this company, or at least ignorant as to how to overcome Vince McMahon and the WWF. With him blocking all my attempts to renew the contracts of our best workers, I am unable to do my job. The impending losses of Jay Youngblood and our pay-per-view deal will be difficult, if not impossible, to overcome. These developments all but guarantee that we will be unable to overcome Vince McMahon and the WWF. One year ago, I thought Mr. Crockett was serious about saving the NWA, but I am starting to think I may have been wrong. Ric Flair's contract is up in about six months, and Mr. Crockett does not loosen the purse strings before then, we are finished. [B][U]Thursday, Week 2, March 1984[/U][/B] I renewed El Satanico's contract for a Pay-Per-Appearance deal. Alas, I doubt it matters much unless we can go National very soon. [B]MACW in Your Town![/B] Friday, Week 2, March 1984 The world tour on pay-per-view concludes here in the Kanto region of Japan where Steve Wright will challenge Eric Embry for the NWA World Junior Heavyweight Title, Wahoo McDaniel and Hector Guerrero challenge Steamboat & Youngblood for the NWA World Tag Team Titles, and Greg Valentine challenges Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. We also see Bunkhouse Stampede Qualifier #10; Dory Funk Jr. wins a spot after a heated last-chance brawl.

Bunkhouse Stampede [SIZE="3"][B]Bunkhouse Stampede[/B][/SIZE] Sunday, Week 2, March 1984 LIVE from the Municipal Auditorium in Nashville, Tennessee [FONT="Courier New"] [SIZE="3"][B][U]PRE-SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B]The Russians defeated The Kelly Twins in 4:41 when Ivan Koloff defeated Mike Kelly by submission with a Bear Hug.[/B] *Ivan Koloff and Comrade Dink are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Ivan Koloff looked good out there. [I]Rating: C-[/I] [B]The Blackjacks defeated Steve Wright and Super Olympia in 4:52 when Blackjack Mulligan defeated Steve Wright by pinfall by using underhanded tactics.[/B] *The announcing quality lifted the match. *The colour commentary gave the match a boost. *Super Olympia is improving in Technical skills. *Blackjack Mulligan is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: C+[/I] [B]PAY-PER-VIEW HYPE[/B] *Bob Caudle, Tony Schiavone, and Gene Okerlund hype the upcoming pay-per-view during the pre-show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: D[/I] [B]MR. MONROE GREETS THE CROWD[/B] *Sputnik Monroe makes his way down to the ring, welcomes the fans, and hypes the upcoming show. [I]Length: 3 Minutes Rating: C[/I] [SIZE="3"][B][U]MAIN SHOW[/U][/B][/SIZE] [B][MATCH 1] UNITED STATES HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Jerry "The King" Lawler v Bob Roop (c)[/B] *Lawler supposedly "forgot" to bring the CWA Southern Heavyweight Title belt; Sputnik Monroe was ready to call off the match, but Roop said he would defend his title anyway because the fans wanted to see it *Mr. Monroe finally relented after some arguing; Lawler commented that his forgetting his belt was a moot point since he was going to win the match *Mr. Monroe was skeptical and said he would be watching from ringside; if Lawler cheated at all to win, he would not get Roop's title *Lawler came out swinging, but Roop took him to the mat and wrestled him down to keep him off his feet *Lawler and Roop had good timing in the ring during the match, which went back and forth several times *Lawler looked ready to cheat, but saw Mr. Monroe at ringside and pointed to his head before hammering Roop in the corner *Roop got a second wind and kept the pressure on Lawler, but soon missed an avalanche in the corner and got laid out *Lawler signaled that he was taking the belt and finished Roop off clean in the middle of the ring, much to Mr. Monroe's chagrin *[I]Jerry Lawler defeated Bob Roop in 14:11 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Jerry Lawler wins the United States Heavyweight title.[/I] *Bob Roop and Paul Jones are a good pairing, they play off each other well. *Jerry Lawler and Bob Roop have pretty good chemistry, and it lifted the match. *The match suffered because there was not enough selling shown. *This match lifted the crowd. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]PRE-MATCH INTERVIEW WITH THE FAMILY[/B] *The Family cut an interview with David Crockett, hyping the upcoming bout against Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II. *The Great Kabuki is developing better performance skills. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B]WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP HYPE[/B] *The cameras return to Bob Caudle at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between Hector Guerrero and Eric Embry for the World Junior Heavyweight Title [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: D[/I] [B][MATCH 2] NWA WORLD JUNIOR HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT Hector Guerrero v Eric Embry (c)[/B] *Thie was a decent match with Guerrero using a couple of aerial maneuvers to disorient Embry *Embry tried and failed to keep Guerrero grounded but on his feet *Guerrero proved himself the superior wrestler in this match for another reign as champion *[I]Hector Guerrero defeated Eric Embry in 6:54 by pinfall with a Rolling Guerrero Cradle. Hector Guerrero wins the NWA World Junior Heavyweight title.[/I] [I]Rating: D+[/I] [B]THE GOOD GUYS SPEAK[/B] *Steve Keirn, Mr. Wrestling II, and Jack Brisco have an interview in which they hype their FEUD WITH The Great Kabuki, Jerry Brisco, and Gary Hart. *Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II vow to end things once and for all here tonight *Steve Keirn is learning to show more charisma. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: C+[/I] [B][MATCH 3] The Family (The Great Kabuki and Jerry Brisco) v Steve Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II[/B] *Keirn and Kabuki started things off here, and The Family showed that they have quickly adapted to each other with some excellent teamwork *Mr. Wrestling II tried to break it up several times, only to be stopped by referee Pee Wee Anderson *Keirn eventually made a hot tag to Mr. Wrestling II, who tried but failed to clean house and got double-teamed *Jack Brisco came to ringside and laid out Gary Hart, then got into an argument with his brother *Chaos erupted, and the referee lost control for several moments; Jack and Jerry fought on the floor as Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II double-teamed Kabuki *Kabuki spat mist at Keirn to even the odds, then laid out Mr. Wrestling II with a stiff kick *Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II somehow managed to come back and lay out Kabuki, leaving them with Jerry *Keirn was still hurting, and while he was getting checked by the referee, Jack smashed Jerry with a chair *The referee was back on the job just as Mr. Wrestling II finished off the unconscious Jerry *[I]Steve Keirn and Mr. Wrestling II defeated The Family in 10:32 when Mr. Wrestling II defeated Jerry Brisco by submission after interference from Jack Brisco.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Steve Keirn is improving in Performance skills. [I]Rating: B-[/I] [B]WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP HYPE[/B] *The cameras return to Bob Caudle at the podium, where he hypes up the upcoming bout between The North-South Connection and Steamboat & Youngblood for the World Tag Team Titles [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B[/I] [B][MATCH 4] SOUTHWEST TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT The North-South Connection (Adrian Adonis and Jesse Ventura) (c) v Steamboat & Youngblood (Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood) (c)[/B] *Steamboat and Adonis started things off *Adonis caught Steamboat by surprise at one point, and then he and Ventura double-teamed him mercilessly *Steamboat managed to tag Youngblood in, who cleaned up the mess *Steamboat and Youngblood took control of the match at that point *Once Ventura was the legal man, Steamboat quickly wore him down enough to finish him off as Youngblood kept Adonis busy *[I]Steamboat & Youngblood defeated The North-South Connection in 17:38 when Ricky Steamboat defeated Jesse Ventura by submission with a Double Chicken Wing. Steamboat & Youngblood win the Southwest Tag Team titles. Steamboat & Youngblood make defence number 30 of their NWA World Tag Team titles.[/I] *Jesse Ventura was visibly tiring toward the end. *Ricky Steamboat looked good out there. *Jay Youngblood looked good out there. *This match lifted the crowd. *Jesse Ventura is improving in Performance skills. *Jay Youngblood is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: B+[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH STEAMBOAT & YOUNGBLOOD[/B] *Steamboat & Youngblood cut an interview with Gene Okerlund, hyping themselves. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B]FLAIR WANTS HIS BELT BACK[/B] *Ric Flair cuts a promo on Harley Race, bashing him for cheating to take back the championship and promising to right that particular wrong *Flair tells Race to shine the belt for him because he's coming to get it in short order *WOOOOOO! *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B][MATCH 5] BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE FINAL Featuring: Dusty Rhodes, Paul Orndorff, Ken Timbs, Chris Markoff, Wahoo McDaniel, Doug Dunvegan, Rick Hunter, Greg Valentine, Magnum T.A., and Dory Funk Jr.[/B] *Ken Timbs was eliminated by Magnum T.A. *Chris Markoff was eliminated by Doug Dunvegan *Rick Hunter was eliminated by Dory Funk Jr. *Wahoo McDaniel was eliminated by Greg Valentine and Doug Dunvegan *Magnum T.A. was eliminated by Greg Valentine *Greg Valentine was eliminated by Dusty Rhodes *Dory Funk Jr. was eliminated by Dusty Rhodes *Doug Dunvegan was eliminated by Paul Orndorff *Paul Orndorff was eliminated by Dusty Rhodes *[I]Dusty Rhodes won a battle royal in 14:43. The final four competitors also included Paul Orndorff, Doug Dunvegan and Dory Funk Jr., with Paul Orndorff being the final elimination.[/I] *This match lifted the crowd. *Magnum T.A. is improving in Performance skills. *Paul Orndorff is improving in Technical skills. [I]Rating: B[/I] [B]INTERVIEW WITH DUSTY RHODES[/B] *Tony Schiavone interviews Dusty Rhodes, who is excited about being the Bunkhouse Stampede winner *Rhodes wishes Ric Flair and Harley Race luck tonight, but says that at the next pay-per-view, he'll be coming for the belt *Tony Schiavone looked dreadful in this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. *Tony Schiavone is improving at acting. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A[/I] [B]RACE IS NUMBER ONE[/B] *Harley Race cuts a stinging promo against Ric Flair and calls him a hypocrite *Saying that one good turn deserves another, Race reminds everyone that the last time Flair beat him, at Superbrawl, he cheated to do so *Bobby Heenan puts a tape into a nearby VCR, and the end of Race's Superbrawl match with Flair is shown on the monitor *Race calls Flair a wolf in sheep's clothing, undeserving of the world title *Bobby Heenan helped Race during this segment. *This segment lifted the crowd. [I]Length: 6 Minutes Rating: A*[/I] [B]WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP HYPE[/B] *The cameras return to Bob Caudle at the podium, where he talks about the long history between Ric Flair and Harley Race that led to tonight's main event *Caudle hypes the next match, saying it'll be another classic, a can't-miss epic for the World Heavyweight Title [I]Length: 2 Minutes Rating: B+[/I][/FONT] [QUOTE][CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B][MAIN EVENT][/B][/SIZE] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/Championships/NWAWorldHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/RicFlair.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/VS.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa5/TrueAnubis1980/HarleyRace.jpg[/IMG] [/CENTER][/QUOTE] [size=3]NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE BOUT[/size] [B]"The Nature Boy" Ric Flair v Harley Race (c)[/B] Ric Flair and Harley Race lock up as the match starts, wrestling for position. Race gets an early advantage and whips Flair into the ropes, hitting him with a clothesline. Race pulls Flair up, and the two start wrestling for position again. This time, Flair gets the upper-hand and whips Race into the corner where he hits a series of chops. Race comes out of the corner with a vicious lariat. Race hits a series of stomps on Flair, then pulls him up and chokes him with the ropes. Referee Tommy Young tells Race to let go. Referee Tommy Young counts: 1, 2, 3, 4, Race lets go. Flair chops Race once, but Race starts choking him with the ropes again. Referee Tommy Young warns Race. Referee Tommy Young counts: 1, 2, 3, 4, Race lets go. Race gives the referee some lip, then starts choking Flair with the ropes again. Referee Tommy Young forces a break. Race nails the referee with a lariat, knocking him out. Flair is gagging as Race leaves the ring and returns with a chair. Race slams Flair in the back with the chair several times before dropping it on the mat. Harley Race goes for the Piledriver, but Ric Flair counters with a backdrop! The crowd erupts as Flair picks up the chair at this point and smashes Race over the head with it. Race gets up and approaches, but Flair turns and gives him a mule kick before slamming him in the head with the chair again. Race is busted open! Flair stalks Race with the chair again, but referee Tommy Young manages to get back to his feet and take the chair away from him. Flair complains about the referee taking the chair, and Race nails him from behind with a forearm. Flair stumbles into the referee and accidentally smashes him in the corner, knocking him out again. Race laughs as he picks up the chair and starts wailing on Flair with it. Flair is busted open! Flair rolls to the outside, and Race goes after him with the chair. Race swings, but Flair ducks, grabs the NWA World Heavyweight Title belt, turns, and levels Race with it. Flair then gives Race a piledriver on the floor. Referee Tommy Young is back on the job and starts counting them out. Flair pulls Race up and tosses him back into the ring. Flair then heads to the top turnbuckle, waits for Race to rise, and takes him out with a flying cross-body press for a two-count. Flair goes for a vertical suplex, but Race counters with a small package for a two-count. Race and Flair start punching each other back and forth, and Race eventually gains the upper-hand. Race lays Flair out with an uppercut and gets a one-count. Race then nails Flair with a lariat and gets a two-count. Harley Race goes for the Piledriver, but Ric Flair counters it with a backdrop! Flair gets a second wind now, pulls Race up, and corners him with a series of chops. Race comes out and chops Flair, and Flair shouts "WOOOOOO!" in his face. Race goes for a punch, but Flair blocks and counters with a punch of his own. Flair then takes Race down with a knee breaker and starts stomping Race's leg. Race tries to escape, but Flair pulls him to the middle of the ring. Ric Flair executes the Figure-Four on Harley Race! Race tries to fight the pain. Race's shoulders are on the mat, referee Tommy Young counts: one . . . two . . . shoulder up. Race tries to turn the move, but fails. Adonis submits after 21 seconds in the hold. [B]Ric Flair defeated Harley Race in 27:48 by submission with a Figure-Four. Ric Flair wins the NWA World Heavyweight title. Rating: A*[/B] *Ric Flair and Harley Race have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances. *The match suffered because of the lack of selling on display. *This match lifted the crowd. *Harley Race is improving in Technical skills. [SIZE="3"][B]FINAL RATING: B+[/B][/SIZE] [QUOTE=Doug Dunvegan]A successful pay-per-view! Flair has the gold back, and despite the impending departure of Jay Youngblood, things are looking okay for the moment. I think we will manage. At least I hope so.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Anubis]In case anyone is wondering, the reason I came up with the "Lawler forgot to bring the belt" story is because Anubis forgot to put the title on the line while booking the match. Oops, heh.[/QUOTE]

Archived