Burning Desire, Raising The Hammer (Cornellverse)

[CENTER][U][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=olive]Samurai Spirit Tour (Show 6)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/U][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Thursday 20th March 2008[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER]Sapporo Sports Park, Hokkaido (Attendance: 5'000) [/CENTER] [B]Dark Matches:[/B] [B]Dark Match #1: Yasunobu Masuno vs Toshiki Shibanumo[/B] [B][COLOR=red]Result: Yasunobu Masuno defeated Toshiki Shibanumo in 2:51 by pinfall with an Avalanche Bomb. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER]____________________________________________[/CENTER] [B]Dark Match #2: Eagle Kawasawa vs Dynamite Narahashi[/B] [COLOR=red][B]Result: Eagle Kawasawa defeated Dynamite Narahashi in 6:39 by submission with a Spread Eagle [/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red][B]Rating: C+[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][COLOR=black]____________________________________________________________[/COLOR][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][U]Main Show (Filmed for T.V)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [I]A video plays hyping the Best of 3 Series between Americana and Elemental II, with the winner facing Sensational Dragon for the Junior Title at Fire Dream of the Immortals[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #1: Best of 3 Junior Contenders Series (Finisher Match): [/B] [B]Americana vs Elemental II[/B] [/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalII.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The opening contest of the show, was the opening contest in the Best of 3 Junior contenders series. It was stated before the contest that Americana must use the Elemental Driver to pick up the victory, whilst Elemental II must use the Earth-Breaker. Americana was a little quicker off the blocks and he went for the Elemental Driver early, but Elemental II had it scouted and reversed it into an Earth Breaker attempt, but Americana snapped off some head-scissors to counter that. Americana again tried for the Elemental Driver, but Elemental II countered into an Elemental suplex, he had a bridging pin but with the stipulation put in place that wouldn't earn him the victory. Elemental II then headed up top and came off with the Inferno Splash but Americana got the knees up and nailed the Junior legend with an Elemental Driver. However Elemental was able to kick out. Americana tried for a second Elemental Driver but Elemental II countered with a kick to the mid-section and a DDT. As the two got up Elemental II gained the advantage with the tri-fecta kick series, Americana then stumbled out of the corner and right into an Earth Breaker. But just like Elemental II had earlier Americana was able to break the count, having the prescence of mind to stretch his leg under the ring ropes. Elemental II then decided to pull both of them up to the top turnbuckle, setting up for a top rope version of the Earth Breaker. But Americana countered with a hurracanrana, he then caught Elemental II with a spinning heel kick and nailed the Junior legend with an Elemental Driver. This time Elemental II had no answer and Americana was 1 up in the series. Solid start to the show and the best of 3 series. The match was fairly short and there was a feeling they were saving better work for later in the show, but it provided a nice microcosm of why the matches between these two have been so even. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Americana defeated Elemental II in 9:37 by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B+[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B]____________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #2: Kinnojo Horri vs Marihito Masuko[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri.jpg[/IMG][B] vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Disappointing big man- little man match. Perhaps Masuko didn't step it up or Horri wasn't in the mood to sell for Masuko's speedy counter offence, whatever the reason was everyone who was watching this match knew that both of them were capable of alot better. The end result was never in doubt with Horri putting Masuko away with the Destiny Bomb. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Kinnojo Horri defeated Marihito Masuko in 8:45 by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B]________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [I]Tetsuzan Kaneko catches up with Americana, to talk about the rising star of the Junior Division going one up in his series with Elemental II. [/I] [I]- Americana says that he us only one up and the job is not done yet, he knows that Elemental II will come back more determined than ever in the submission match and that he wil use all his experience to even the series up[/I] [I]- But Americana said that he learned about being the best from watching, studying Elemental II and Elemental I before that. He said no one knows Elemental II better than him and that is why he is Elemental II's toughest test to date.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #3: Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) vs[/B] [B]Shimedzu & Sensational Dragon[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This match followed the Size of the Fight formula but it's a formula that the crowd seem to lap up, especially if they are up against members of Silver Dragon Feet. The formula see's SOTF come out hot and take the fight right to their opponents, their opponents then go for a powder and SOTF give them no rest bite (usually by barrelling into them with stereo suicide dives). However their opponents normally find a way to turn the match around and one of them plays face in peril (this time it was Hyosuke Kokan), they absorbed a beat-down from the other team, before somehow finding a way to get the tag into their partner. This usually involves countering a finishing move from one of their opponents this time Kokan was able to block the Dragon Slice. Their partner then comes in cleans house, gets a near-fall one of their opponents, Konda stunned Shimedzu with the Big Fight Stunner, but as persual the parrner was there to make the save, and par for the course it soon broke down into finisher fest 2008. The closing stages of the match saw Sensational Dragon take Konda down with the Dragon Slice only for Kokan to come soaring off the turnbuckle and break things up with the cannonball.....however Shimedzu was able to break up the pin attempt and the Silver Dragon Feet pairing came away with the victory, when Shimedzu nailed Kokan with the Skull-Drop. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Sensational Dragon and Shimedzu defeated Size of the Fight in 14:13 when Shimedzu defeated Hyosuke Kokan by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER]__________________________________________________[/CENTER] [I]This time Tetsuzan Kaneko catches up with the loser of the first match in the Best of 3 Series Elemental II[/I] [I]- Elemental II said he had heard Americana's comments earlier. He said that Americana might think that he knows him inside out, but the said he has more tricks up his sleeve that Americana does not know about. He said that earlier was a blip and by the end of the night he will prove he is the better man.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]_________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #4: Eiji Hamacho vs Koshiro Ino[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoshiroIno.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] This was one of those matches that there is little to say about, it was hardly a classic, but it wasn't that bad either, it just fell into the category of 'solid big man match', which given the two participants and the time they were given that's probably what would of been expected on paper. The finishing sequence saw Eiji Hamacho go for a spear, only to be stopped in his tracks with a Yazuka kick. Ino then picked Hamacho up off the canvas and dumped him straight back down with the POWAAAAH!! SUUURGGE!! to pick up the victory. [COLOR=red][B]Result: Koshiro Ino defeated Eiji Hamacho in 8:43 by pinfall with a POWAAAAH!! SUUURGGE!!. [/B][/COLOR] [COLOR=red][B]Rating: B[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][B][COLOR=black]_______________________________________________[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [I]A recap video plays of what happened earlier in the show regarding the Americana- Elemental II best of 3 series, before previewing match 2: The submission match.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #5: Best of 3 Junior Contenders Series (Submission Match): [/B] [B]Americana vs Elemental II[/B] [/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalII.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The second installment in the best of 3 series, saw a cagey start as neither man wanted to give their opponent an early advantage in the match. They traded basic holds unitl Elemental II was able to wrap his legs around the neck of Americana as he looked to synch in the Elemental clutch, but Americana worked his way out of the hold with a headstand and a drop-kick. Americana then took Elemental II off his feet with a leg-whip, he kept hold of the leg and put Elemental II into a Half crab. Elemental II managed to make his way to the ropes and caught Americana with a spinning heel-kick before, he then double underhooked Americana's arms and took him over with a Butterfly suplex. Elemental II then took hold of Americana's legs and applied a figure four. Americana managed to make his way to the ropes to break up the hold. Elemental II moved in to finish things off on the rope break, but Americana was able to counter with a roundhouse kick and he took Elemental II down with a rolling cutter. As both men got back to their feet, Americana gained the advantage by taking Elemental II down with a leg-whip, he then put Elemental II into a surfboard, then as Elemental II started to work his way out of that hold, Americana sent him back to the canvas with a belly to back suplex before applying the Elemental Clutch. Americana had it locked on right in the middle of the ring, but somehow Elemental II found a way to struggle over to the ropes. Americana still looked to be in control on the rope break, but Elemental II fought back with a flurry of kicks, Americana stopped the flurry though and delivered a knee to the mid-section, he set up for an Elemental Driver to weaken Elemental II, but the Junior veterna had it scouted and he took Americana over with an Elemental Suplex. Both men laid on the canvas, trying to get the adrenalin rushing again..... they both got up and exhanged strikes.......Americana double over Elemental II with a spinning heel kick, and he lifted Elemental II up for a Falcon Arrow, but Elemental II countered that into a spinning head-scissors before applying a cross-arm breaker. Elemental II then wrapped his legs around Americana's head to create what was an Elemental Clutch/Cross Arm Breaker hybrid submission hold. Americana try as he might simply had no-where to go and to have any chance of winning the next match and the series, he had no choice but to tap out. Intriguing match. The crowd would have been more used to these two go at it in a high-flying/ high impact affair, but they proved they can deliver the goods just as well in a more grounded technical encounter. The finish was also well worked in, and it played off the comments from both men earlier in the show, with Elemental II modifying the Elemental clutch, to get one up on Americana. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Elemental II defeated Americana in 11:52 by submission. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER]___________________________________________________[/CENTER] [I]Tom Gilmore and Rhino Umaga are backstage, warming up for their match with Miyamae and Hell Monkey and they don't look happy. Gilmore is pacing up and down and has a microphone in his hands, whilst Umaga is in the background looking like he is ready to smash apart anything that gets in his way.[/I] [I]- Gilmore says that Silver Dragon Feet have caught his undivided attention. He said Miyamae might be holding that Openweight title for now, but his reign will be short-lived because at Fire Dream of the Immortals they will meet again.[/I] [I]- Gilmore then says that he is partnered tonight with someone who probably hates Silver Dragon Feet, even more than he does right now. He said Umaga fell for Kudo's spiel but he soon learned the hardway that it all revolves around one man and one man only Hooded Kudo. [/I] [I]-He finished off by saying that himself and Umaga will strike down with vengeance upon Miyamae and Hell Monkey and send a message back to Kudo and the rest of his chronies.[/I] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #6: Tom Gilmore & Rhino Umaga vs [/B] [B]Miyamae & Hell Monkey[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AngryGilmore.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkeyB.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Before the Silver Dragon Feet duo of Miymae (who came down the ramp proudly displaying both his Openweight and World Tag Team title belts) and Hell Monkey had made it into the ring Gilmore and Umaga took the fight right to them. The early portion of the match then saw Gilmore and Umaga completely dominate the SDF pair, and it looked like the match could be over with early, but Miyamae sneaked in a low-blow on Gilmore and the match turned a full 180. Gilmore then played face in peril for a bit, before getting the tag into Umaga who cleaned house, from there things the heat turned up a notch and the momentum swung back and forth between both teams, with the commentary team struggling to keep up with the fast paced action. The finishing sequence saw Rhino Umaga go for a Rhino charge on Miyamae only for Miyamae to side step the Samoan catch him with an Enziguri and then take him down with a Miyamae Spoiler. Gilmore had climbed the top rope however and broke things up with the Picture Perfect Moonsault, but before Gilmore could follow up he was nailed with the Hell-Fire Kick from Hell Monkey. Gilmore prevented being covered by rolling out of the ring, but Umaga was left stranded and a 'The Rebellion' style combination sent the big Samoan slumping back down to the canvas. Hell Monkey then went up top and Umaga found himself on the receiving end of the Tumbling Monkey (450 Splash). Gilmore tried to get back in to make the save, but Miyamae cut him off and just as with the tag match earlier, Silver Dragon Feet had managed to get the better of their rivals. This was just as good, if not better than the Size of the Fight- Shimedzu/Dragon match from earlier the show. Gilmore and Miyamae delivered the standard of performance expected of them, whilst Umaga (despite taking the loss again) looks re-motivated now he is no longer SDF's sacrifical lamb. Hell Monkey has really impressed since coming in and despite being another Junior Division wrestler, he actually looks to be a better fit in Burning Hammer's most dominant stable. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Miyamae and Hell Monkey defeated Tom Gilmore and Rhino Umaga in 15:46 when Hell Monkey defeated Rhino Umaga by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][COLOR=black]______________________________________________________[/COLOR][/CENTER] [I]Another video is shown re-capping the previous two match-ups in the Americana- Elemental II Best fo 3 series, before hyping up the deciding match up....the Ladder match.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #7: Best of 3 Junior Contenders Series (Ladder Match): [/B] [B]Americana vs Elemental II[/B] [/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalII.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The decisive installment in the Best of 3 series, who would be able to climb to the top and earn the opportunity to compete for the Junior Title at Fire Dream of the Immortals. Given the fact they have already battled in two matches earlier in the night they start fairly tentively, as they size each other up. Americana acts on impulse first and goes for a roundhouse kick but Elemental II has it scouted, and he takes Americana off his feet with a leg-whip. Americana gets right back up, but he gets caught with a spinning heel kick before being driven into the canvas with a DDT. Elemental II goes outside and gets a ladder from under the ring, but Americana is back up and he nails Elemental II with a baseball slide. The ladder and Elemental II drop to the floor, Americana winds up for the handspring plancha, Elemental II gets back up to his feet but Americana comes flying over the top rope to knock him down again. Americana grabs the ladder and brings it into the ring, but just as he is setting it up, Elemental springboards back into the ring and nails Americana with a springboard drop-kick. The ladder topples over into the corner, Americana is back up but Elemental II stays in control with the tri-fecta kick series, he goes for an Elemental suplex onto the ladder , but Americana is able to block the attempt, and he reverses it into a Falcon Arrow ...Elemental II gets back up but Americana nails him with a drop-kick, that sends him crashing into the ladder in the corner. Elemental II slumps off the ladder, Americana picks the ladder up but that one looks a bit unsteady and Americana goes outside to grab another ladder from under the ring, but just as he is about to bring the ladder into the ring, Elemental II slinghsots himself over the top-rope crashing into both Americana and the ladder he is bringing into the ring. Both of them are wiped out on the floor and they struggle to shake the cobwebs from their head and get to their feet. They get up and exchange blows, Americana attempts an Elemental Driver, but Elemental II has it scouted and counters with a kick to the mid-section before taking Americana over with a release Butterfly suplex out on the ramp. Elemental II feeling the effects of this already gruelling match (and the matches from earlier) struggles back to his feet and picks up the ladder. He gets it into the ring and sets it up, but he takes his time climbing the rungs.... Americana is back in the ring, Elemental II is almost up to the top, but Americana is now on the ladder and right behind him......he then brings both of them crashing down off the ladder with a belly to back superplex... Both of them look out of it, but somehow they struggle back to their feet , they exchange strikes and kicks.....Elemental II gets the advantage and sets up for the Earth Breaker, but Americana fights his way out of it, and nails Elemental II with an Enziguri, he then takes Elemental II over with an Elemental suplex. Americana then takes the damaged ladder from in the corner and places it on the ground...it looks like he has something in mind. He places Elemental II onto the ladder , and starts to climb the ladder that is standing under the No.1 contenders contract. He flys off the ladder with a frogsplash, but Elemental II gets out of the way at the last split second, and Americana ends up landing on nothing but metal........ Elemental II gingerly gets back up to his feet and begins to climb the ladder again. Somehow though Americana is back up to his feet he see's that he can't catch up to Elemental II, so he shakes the ladder.....Elemental II begins to use his balance and he topples back down to the canvas. The ladder somehow rights itself, they both get back to their feet and they both decide to climb the ladder going up opposite sides , they meet each other at the top and exchange blows, Americana almost grabs the contract, but Elemental II elbows him off.....Elemental II then attempts to grab it, but Americana comes over the top and sends both of them crashing down with a sunset flip powerbomb from the top of the ladder. Both of them look proverbially dead and it seems like they will do anything it takes to win this match and the No.1 contendership to the premier Junior Heavyweight title in all of wrestling. Somehow after that they are both getting back to their feet, Americana is up about two seconds earlier and has a head-start on the ladder. They both slowly climb the rungs..... Americana almost has a hand on the contract , but Elemental II is just as determined to win this match , and he prevents Americana from grabbing the contract with a simple fore-arm. They exchange blows, back and forth on the top of the ladder, but both of them are so worn down, they are barely having enough impact to decisively topple the other one from the ladder...... All of a sudden the Junior champion himself Sensational Dragon comes down to ringside, he climbs up on onto the apron, and then........ Takes the ladder out with a springboard drop-kick....... The ladder topples over, which leads to both Americana and Elemental II flying off the ladder to the outside, they both end up crashing into the announce table. Neither of them can get back up to their feet, they look done for and Omura Umeki has no choice but to rule this match a no contest. It appears that Sensational Dragon wants to fight neither man for the Junior Title and he's gone and taken out both of his competitors. Even with the non-finish, this was still an incredible effort from both competitors, as they put on a dramatic edition of the ladder match,as you are about to read on though it all leads onto something even bigger at Fire Dream of the Immortals. The match wasn't constantly at a frenetic pace, but they were wise to play up to the fact that they already had to go up against one another, not once but twice earlier in the show. But the big-spots expected of a ladder match were there with Americana's sunset flip powerbomb off the ladder and his mis-timed frog-splash onto Elemental II (who was laid upon the damaged ladder) [B][COLOR=red]Result: Americana drew with Elemental II in 16:34 when the referee was forced to throw the match out, following interference from Sensational Dragon. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B] [I]Sensational Dragon is looking rather pleased with himself in the ring, as he taunts the crowd and the fallen Americana and Elemental II by raising the Junior Title high in the air. He then grabs a mic, but the original Elemental comes out an cuts him off.....[/I] - Dragon says let the champion speak - But Elemental said, he should hear him out, as it effects who will defend the title against at Fire Dream of the Immortals - Elemental told Dragon that he would be facing not one but two opponents....... [B][I]Americana and Elemental II[/I][/B] [I]- Dragon said he had taken both of them out right here, right now[/I] [I]- But even though the match had been thrown out, the two men he thought he had eliminated from the equation, had shown fighting spirit and were both back to their feet[/I] [I]- Elemental II tells Dragon to turn around and both his main rivals for the title are right behind him. Just as it looks like the pair of them are going to put the boots to the champion. Elemental tells them to save it for Fire Dream of the Immortals or they risk forfitting their title shot[/I] [I]- Elemental then pauses for a moment and then begins to speak again. He then says that he suppose everyone has been intrigued by what these strange posters are that mention that the X is coming.[/I] [I]- He tells them that X is not person of any kind, and that the X is instead a new kind of challenge, and evolution in the test of a wrestlers abilities, especially those who excel in athleticism and are willing to put their body and soul on the line to claim victory.[/I] [I]- He says that tonight Burning Hammer officials have found the three men who shall face this challenge, and that they are standing in this very ring right now.[/I] - All 3 men who will be fighting over for the Junior title at Fire Dream of [I]the Immortals have a confused look on their face[/I] [I]- Elemental then speaks again....at Fire Dream of the Immortals the Junior Title will be defended in the first ever BURNING X match.[/I] [I]- The Jumbotron then flickers on, to show what the Burning X match is....[/I] [B][I]* Two cables, connected to metal structures rising from the four corners of the ring, cross 15 feet above the middle of the ring.[/I][/B] [B][I]* The belt will be hung between where the two cables cross[/I][/B] [B][I]* The first man to take claim of the belt is declared the winner[/I][/B] [B][I]* They can use anyway to take claim of the title, except for the fact that they are not allowed to bring ladders into the ring.[/I][/B] [I]- The crowd look on with a mix of suprise, excitement and some confusion at what will be happening at Fire Dream of the Immortals, whilst the 3 competitors who will be taking on the challenge just look on with trepidation.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes:[/B] The cables wont be on fire, this is just the BHOTWG version of the Ultimate X match. [/FONT] [FONT=Courier New]Pretty much impossible to do that segment justice with whatever you pick as the angle. I had to end up picking an authority figure makes a 3-way angle.[/FONT] [CENTER]_________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [I]To remind everyone that their is also another highly important match going down at Fire-Dream if the Immortals, a video hyping the World Title match between Hooded Kudo and Super 10 Cup winner Shimedzu closes out the show.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]_________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=3][COLOR=olive][B]Overall: A* !!!!!!!![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER] Yes you all read that right, this show was more my first ever [B]A* !!! [/B]To be honest I was worried if the concept of having one angle and two men just completely dominate the whole show, who back-fire. It was certainly a high risk strategy, but the gamble looks to have paid off and I have been rewarded with my first ever A*. If I'm being totally honest, I think that I have put on A rated show that have been just as good, if not better than this particular show, but the game deemed it to be an A* and I'm not really complaining. What is also suprising that my first A* came when two key performers in Hooded Kudo and Hiroaki Nakasawa did not feature as part of the show. ______________________________________________________________ [B]T.V News:[/B] Ironclad drew a 17.03 Rating on TV5Monde ( +0.09) Going Up !! I should think so to after producing an A* rated show.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[B][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Purogods.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [B][SIZE=3][COLOR=sienna][U]BHOTWG- Fire Dream of the Immortals Preview[/U][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods present the [B]Fire Dream of the Immortals[/B] PPV on [B]Saturday 22nd March[/B] from the [B]Kanagawa Stadium[/B] in Kanto and across Japan on PPV via [B]Emperor Sports[/B]. Here is a fulll preview of what will be on the show [CENTER][B]World Heavyweight Championship:[/B] [B]Hooded Kudo vs Shimedzu[/B][/CENTER] Hooded Kudo has held the title since September...however he faces perhaps his toughest challenge to date, a challenge that comes from within his own Silver Dragon Feet stable. Shimedzu was the surprise winner of the Super 10 Cup at the end of the previous tour and the two met in the Super 10 Cup group stage with that encounter ending as a draw. There was obvious tension between the two on the first show of the tour, but that seemed to have died down as Silver Dragon Feet have since gone on to show they are a more dominant unit than ever before, with Miyamae winning the Openweight Title and The Rebellion (Shimedzu and Miyamae) winning back the tag belts from HorrIno. Can Shimedzu become a double champion like his partner, and if Shimedzu were to win ? What would this all mean for the future of Silver Dragon Feet ? Kudo is not just fighting to keep his World Title but also the right to be the leader of the most dominant stable in wrestling today. [CENTER][B]First Ever Burning X for the Junior Championship:[/B] [B]Sensational Dragon vs Americana vs Elemental II[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT]The build up to this match started at the last PPV......Americana upset Elemental II by winning the first ever 1 on 1 between the two. However Elemental II felt it was a fluke victory and challenged him to a re-match, Elemental II won that re-match, but Americana felt he could have also had that match won.[/LEFT] [LEFT]A decisive best of 3 series was set up between the pair , with all 3 matches having a different stipulation, the winner of the series would be challenging Sensational Dragon for the Junior Title. Americana won the first match (a Finisher match), Elemental II came back to win the second match (a submission match) but the deciding 'fall' a Ladder match, ended in a no-contest when the Junior Champion Sensational Dragon interfered.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Dragon's joy at disrupting his rivals chances of challenging for the title, was soon short-lived when the legendary figure of the original Elemental came down to the ring, to tell Dragon that he would be defending the title against both Americana and Elemental II. But not only that he would also be defending it in the first ever Burning X match.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Who will rise to the unique challenge of this high-risk match . Can Dragon hold onto the title, despite the task stacked in front of him, can Elemental II win the title back or will Americana come through to win his first ever Junior Title. [/LEFT] [CENTER][B]No.1 Contenders Match: [/B] [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Koshiro Ino[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT]The winner of this match will get a shot at the World Title on the next pay per view. Hiroaki Nakasawa is desperate to challenge for the World Title again, as rival Hooded Kudo has somehow avoided putting the title up ina one on one contest against the man he beat back in September. Nakasawa had a chance to earn that elusive title shot at the end of the last tour, but he was surprisingly beaten by Shimezu in the finals of the Super 10 Cup. If Nakasawa wins he finally gets a one on one shot at the title, should he lose however his window of opportunity may close for good.[/LEFT] [LEFT]His opponent in the match the POWAAAH and Paint star Koshiro Ino , is someone who dislikes Hooded Kudo and Silver Dragon Feet as much as Nakasawa, if not more so. He came into the tour as one half of the World Tag Team champions with Kinnojo Horri, but they lost the belts back to The Rebellion. Instead of going after the tag belts again both Ino and Horri have decided to pursue singles glory once more.[/LEFT] [LEFT]The last time Koshiro Ino met Hiroaki Nakasawa in a one on one contest was during the Super 10 Cup, that contest ended in a time limit draw. However Ino had to withdraw from the tournament through injury, because of that Burning Hammer officials are giving Ino the opportunity to see if he can get the better of Nakasawa and earn another shot at the World Title.[/LEFT] [CENTER][B]Openweight Title: [/B] [B]Miyamae vs Tom Gilmore[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT]Somewhat over-shadowed by his tag partner Shimedzu in recent months, Miyamae has been on a roll of late, teaming up with Shimedzu to win the tag belts from "HorrIno" and then defeating Tom Gilmore for the Openweight Title to become a double champion, and even more ominously for the rest of the roster that means Silver Dragon Feet hold all the gold going into Fire Dream of the Immortals.[/LEFT] [LEFT]However Tom Gilmore will feel (like so many others do) that the belt was won from him in unfair circumstances. Recent Silver Dragon Feet recruit Hell Monkey interfered in a triple threat match that also featured Rhino Umaga.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Can Gilmore win the belt back and gain revenge at the same time, or will Miyamae find a way to win in his first defence of the Openweight title ?[/LEFT] [CENTER][B]Grudge Match: [/B] [B]Rhino Umaga vs Hell Monkey[/B][/CENTER] [LEFT]Since arriving in BHOTWG Hell Monkey has been a constant thorn in the side of Rhino Umaga. Originally coming into Burning Hammer under the alias of Shiner, Hell Monkey interfered in an Openweight Contenders match involving then Silver Dragon Feet members Rhino Umaga and Miyamae. Monkey helped Miyamae win the match, and then helped the rest of Silver Dragon Feet kick Umaga out of the stable.[/LEFT] [LEFT]When Umaga was given an opportunity to compete for the Openweight title in a triple threat match, Hell Monkey's prescence was again decisive, as he helped Miyamae win the title and screw Umaga out of the opportunity at the same time. [/LEFT] [LEFT]The in a recent tag match between Hell Monkey and new Openweight champion Miyamae against Umaga and former champion Tom Gilmore, Hell Monkey got the deciding pin on Umaga.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Can the big Samoan gain revenge on the man who has been a constant thorn in his side over the past few weeks or will Hell Monkey continue his winning streak over the man formerly known as the 'Silver Dragon Feet Insurance Policy'[/LEFT] [CENTER][B]Tag Titles Contenders Series:[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]* Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) vs [/B] [B]Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) [/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]* P.I.N.K (Marihito Masuko & Tadakuni Toshusai) vs[/B] [B]The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion[/B][/CENTER] [LEFT]With the current tag champions both involved in singles title matches, the tag straps will not be on the line, and with no obvious No.1 contender the challengers will be decided in a contender series, with two semi final match ups , the winners of which will meet in a decider. The winners of the contenders series will get the next shot at the World Tag Team Titles.[/LEFT] [CENTER][B]Openweight Contenders- 4 Corner Survival:[/B] [B]Kinnojo Horri vs Sean McFly vs [/B] [B]Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno[/B] [/CENTER] [LEFT]The winner of this match will earn a shot at the Openweigh Title at the next PPV. [/LEFT] [LEFT]Some may see this as a step down for Horri who had several World Title challenges last year, but winning the Openweight belt offers a great opportunity with the reward of an eventual World Title shot, should he win the belt and then make 10 succesful defences.[/LEFT] [LEFT]Sean McFly has been on a tear since debuting as full time member of the Burning Hammer roster and is unbeaten thus far, meanwhile fellow BHOTWG newcomer Shingen Miyazaki hads had more of mixed bag when it comes to results but a win here would really kick-start jhis fledgling BHOTWG career.[/LEFT] [LEFT]The final participant in the match up Yasunobu Masuno has the potential to be one of the most dominant forces on the Burning Hammer roster, but he suffered through poor form last year. However he has recently shown signs of being re-focused and getting back to his best. __________________________________________________________[/LEFT] [quote] [LEFT][B][COLOR=green]Predictions Form: [/COLOR][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B][U]Fire Dream of the Immortals[/U][/B] [/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]World Title:[/B] Hooded Kudo vs Shimedzu [/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]Junior Title (Burning X):[/B] [/COLOR] [COLOR=green]Sensational Dragon vs Americana vs Elemental II[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]No.1 Contenders:[/B] Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Koshiro Ino [/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]Openweight Title:[/B] Miyamae vs Tom Gilmore[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]Grudge Match:[/B] Rhino Umaga vs Hell Monkey[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][COLOR=green]Tag Contenders Series:[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=green][B][I]Semi Final 1:[/I][/B] Raging Bulls vs Size of the Fight[/COLOR] [COLOR=green][B][I]Semi Final 2:[/I][/B] P.I.N.K vs Kiyaru & Scorpion[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B][I]Winner of Finals:[/I][/B] [/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][COLOR=green]Openweight Contenders 4 Corner Survival:[/COLOR][/B] [COLOR=green]Kinnojo Horri vs Sean McFly vs Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno[/COLOR][/LEFT] [/quote]

Fire Dream of the Immortals World Title: Hooded Kudo vs [B]Shimedzu[/B] [I]I originally put Kudo to retain in a way that built tension between the 2. I then changed my mind on the basis that I'd backed Silver Dragon Feet members to win all the other title matches. I think it'd be interesting to see what happened if SDF held all the belts, but Kudo as leader had none of them. So I'll go for an upset.[/I] Junior Title (Burning X): [B]Sensational Dragon [/B]vs Americana vs Elemental II [I]Dragon to retain for now. The special match is probably enough to get the crowd going without the need for a title change as well[/I] No.1 Contenders: [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa [/B]vs Koshiro Ino [I]I'll go with Nakasawa. No real reason. To me he's just a bigger threat right now.[/I] Openweight Title:[B] Miyamae[/B] vs Tom Gilmore [I]I'd be surprised if Miyamae lost it so soon.[/I] Grudge Match: Rhino Umaga vs [B]Hell Monkey[/B] I don't see Monkey losing so early in his BHOTWG career. Tag Contenders Series: Semi Final 1: Raging Bulls vs [B]Size of the Fight[/B] Semi Final 2: [B]P.I.N.K[/B] vs Kiyaru & Scorpion Winner of Finals: [B]Size of the Fight[/B] [I]They're a great team[/I] Openweight Contenders 4 Corner Survival: Kinnojo Horri vs [B]Sean McFly [/B]vs Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno [I]I'll go with McFly to continue his roll.[/I] I feel there will be one or two surprises on this PPV, so I'll be interested to see what goes down.

World Title: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] vs Shimedzu Junior Title (Burning X): [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs Americana vs Elemental II No.1 Contenders: [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa[/B] vs Koshiro Ino Openweight Title: [B]Miyamae[/B] vs Tom Gilmore Grudge Match: Rhino Umaga vs [B]Hell Monkey[/B] Tag Contenders Series: Semi Final 1: [B]Raging Bulls[/B] vs Size of the Fight Semi Final 2: [B]P.I.N.K[/B] vs Kiyaru & Scorpion Winner of Finals: [B]Raging Bulls[/B] Openweight Contenders 4 Corner Survival: Kinnojo Horri vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno

First, congrats on the A* show. I bet you weren't expecting that after the uncharacteristically low grade for the Horri match. Fire Dream of the Immortals World Title: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] vs Shimedzu Junior Title (Burning X): Sensational Dragon vs [B]Americana[/B] vs Elemental II SD keeps setting his own traps, and I don't think he gets out of this one. Plus, it's Americana's time. No.1 Contenders: [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa[/B] vs Koshiro Ino Nakasawa's been waiting long enough for his shot. Openweight Title: Miyamae vs [B]Tom Gilmore[/B] Grudge Match: Rhino Umaga vs [B]Hell Monkey[/B] Though I do sense a rematch down the line. Tag Contenders Series: Semi Final 1: [B]Raging Bulls[/B] vs Size of the Fight Semi Final 2: [B]P.I.N.K[/B] vs Kiyaru & Scorpion [B]Winner of Finals: Raging Bulls[/B] Openweight Contenders 4 Corner Survival: Kinnojo Horri vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno

Fire Dream of the Immortals World Title: Hooded Kudo vs [B]Shimedzu [/B] - I'll go with the shock result, I just feel it sets up more potential storylines down the road. Junior Title (Burning X): [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs Americana vs Elemental II - toss of a (three sided) coin! No.1 Contenders: [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa[/B] vs Koshiro Ino - with my pick of Shimedzu, this will then be a repeat of the Super 10 finals if Nakasawa wins. Openweight Title: [B]Miyamae[/B] vs Tom Gilmore - much as I like Gilmore, Miyamae wins this (due more than anything to who I expect to win the No 1 contenders match) Grudge Match: Rhino Umaga vs [B]Hell Monkey[/B] - the heel gets the opening victory in this series Tag Contenders Series: Semi Final 1: Raging Bulls vs [B]Size of the Fight[/B] Semi Final 2: P.I.N.K vs [B]Kiyaru & Scorpion[/B] Winner of Finals: [B]Kiyaru & Scorpion[/B] - they seem to have come into the mix, so why not give them a shot - the others have all tried and failed. Openweight Contenders 4 Corner Survival: Kinnojo Horri vs [B]Sean McFly [/B]vs Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno - probably the easiest pick of the night for me.

[B]O.O.C Note:[/B] FDOTI probably wont be up until at least the weekend at the earliest. Things are bit backed up at work right now and I'm having to do overtime to help meet a deadline, so I'm coming home a bit mentally tired and not really in the mood for writing a show at the moment. On the upside that means there is still plenty of time for predictions.

World Title: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] vs Shimedzu Junior Title (Burning X): Sensational Dragon vs [B]Americana[/B] vs Elemental II No.1 Contenders: [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa[/B] vs Koshiro Ino Openweight Title: [B]Miyamae[/B] vs Tom Gilmore Grudge Match: Rhino Umaga vs [B]Hell Monkey[/B] Tag Contenders Series: Semi Final 1: Raging Bulls vs [B]Size of the Fight[/B] Semi Final 2: [B]P.I.N.K[/B] vs Kiyaru & Scorpion Winner of Finals: P.I.N.K Openweight Contenders 4 Corner Survival: [B]Kinnojo Horri[/B] vs Sean McFly vs Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno

Fire Dream of the Immortals World Title: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] vs Shimedzu Junior Title (Burning X): Sensational Dragon vs [B]Americana[/B] vs Elemental II No.1 Contenders: Hiroaki Nakasawa vs [B]Koshiro Ino[/B] Openweight Title: [B]Miyamae[/B] vs Tom Gilmore Grudge Match: Rhino Umaga vs [B]Hell Monkey[/B] Tag Contenders Series: Semi Final 1: Raging Bulls vs [B]Size of the Fight[/B] Semi Final 2: [B]P.I.N.K[/B] vs Kiyaru & Scorpion Winner of Finals: [B]Size of the Fight[/B] Openweight Contenders 4 Corner Survival: Kinnojo Horri vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno

[B][U][COLOR="Red"]Fire Dream of the Immortals [/COLOR][/U][/B] World Title: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] vs Shimedzu [I]- My current theory is this... I'm not betting against Kudo anymore. He wins. SDF stays strong.[/I] Junior Title (Burning X): Sensational Dragon vs Americana vs [B]Elemental II[/B] [I]- No real reasoning, I just think SD's interference finally comes back to bite him on the backside and while Americana might be ready for the Junior Title I think Elemental II gets one last run with the title.[/I] No.1 Contenders: [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa[/B] vs Koshiro Ino [I]- Because Ino's still a Free Spirit and can go reform HorrIno! And Nakasawa and Kudo just seems right and natural.[/I] Openweight Title: Miyamae vs [B]Tom Gilmore[/B] [I]- When I think, I generally make the wrong call, but here's my storyline. Gilmore wins it back so Miyamae can go back to tag teamery. He'll soon have 3 more wins which had he NOT lost to Miyamae would have entitled him to a World Title shot and vacating the Openweight belt. Instead, he's only at win 3 and yet again just falls short of the 10 Match requirement. The Openweight title gets some of its lustre back AND Gilmore joins the Main Event Gaijins.[/I] Grudge Match: Rhino Umaga vs [B]Hell Monkey[/B] [I]- I want to pick Umaga but I suspect things are gonna get worse before they get better for Rhino. Hell Monkey's still new n' fresh n' this would solidify his spot in SDF.[/I] Tag Contenders Series: Semi Final 1: Raging Bulls vs [B]Size of the Fight[/B] Semi Final 2: [B]P.I.N.K[/B] vs Kiyaru & Scorpion Winner of Finals: [B]P.I.N.K.[/B] [I]- Pure preference here. I like P.I.N.K. and SotF. And I like the new P.I.N.K. attitude. They but on good matches and it would be good fun wild... if expected... stuff.[/I] Openweight Contenders 4 Corner Survival: Kinnojo Horri vs Sean McFly vs [B]Shingen Miyazaki[/B] vs Yasunobu Masuno [I]- A bit of a surprise maybe but I think McFly and Horri are above the Openweight title (although McFly and Gilmore would be an amazing match now wouldn't it?) I think Miyazaki can really prove his worth to the roster with a win here and a good showing in the Openweight match.[/I]

Okay, I'm too tired to give reasons, but here are my predictions... World Title: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] vs Shimedzu Junior Title (Burning X): [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs Americana vs Elemental II No.1 Contenders: [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa[/B] vs Koshiro Ino Openweight Title: [B]Miyamae[/B] vs Tom Gilmore Grudge Match: Rhino Umaga vs [B]Hell Monkey[/B] Tag Contenders Series: Semi Final 1: Raging Bulls vs [B]Size of the Fight[/B] Semi Final 2: P.I.N.K vs [B]Kiyaru & Scorpion[/B] Winner of Finals: Size of the Fight Openweight Contenders 4 Corner Survival: Kinnojo Horri vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno

[CENTER][B][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=olive]Fire Dream of the Immortals[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]Saturday 22nd March 2008[/SIZE][/CENTER] [CENTER]Kanagawa Stadium, Kanto (23'337)[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Buy Rate:[/B] 1.84[/CENTER] [B]Pre-Show[/B] [I]A video plays hyping the World Title match between Hooded Kudo and Shimedzu[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]Pre Show Match: [/B] [B]Kenko Takemitsu, Mokuami Maita & Super Joshuya[/B] [B]vs Bulldozer Brandon Smith, Eagle Kawasawa & Steve Flash[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KenkoTakemitsu.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MokuamiMaita.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SuperJoshuya.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER]vs[/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BulldozerBrandonSmith.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EagleKawasawa.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SteveFlash_alt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Short quick paced pre show match that let everyone get a little bit of time in to showcase their skills in front of the live crowd. The finish came when Maita got Flash into the ankle-lock only for Kawasawa to nail Maita with the Vision Quest and pick up the victory for his team. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Eagle Kawasawa, Bulldozer Brandon Smith and Steve Flash defeated Kenko Takemitsu, Mokuami Maita and Super Joshuya in 7:35 when Eagle Kawasawa defeated Mokuami Maita by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B-[/COLOR][/B] [I]A video plays hyping the contenders match between Koshiro Ino and Hiroaki Nakasawa.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [I]Final hype video on the pre-show is for the Burning X match between Sensational Dragon, Americana and Elemental II.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]_____________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Main Show (Pay Per View)[/B][/CENTER] [I]The Pay per view begins with an extended hype video for the World Title show-down between Silver Dragon Feet stable-mates Hooded Kudo and Shimedzu.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER]___________________________________________________[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #1.1: Tag Contenders Series- Semi Final : [/B] [B]Raging Bulls (Eiji Hamacho & Chuichi Sanda) vs [/B] [B]Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda)[/B] [/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_EijiHamacho.jpg[/IMG] [B]& [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ChuichiSanda.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The Pay per view kicks off with the Tag contenders series and the first of the semi-finals see's the Raging Bulls take on Size of the Fight. Both of these teams held tag gold last year and are looking to get back into the title picture. The Bulls try to get an early jump on SOTF but the popular all Super Junior team, manage to side-step their attempts and counter with stereo drop-kicks. The Bulls go out for a powder but SOTF take them down with stereo suicide dives. Back in the ring and SOTF work over Chuichi Sanda. A leg-sweep/flying cross body combination brings them a two count. Konda then tries to set up for the Big Fight Stunner but Sanda shoves him off and then counters with a thumb to the eye and 'Pat Deacon' Knee lift. Kokan comes in to help his partner but gets nailed by a super-kick. Sanda then drove Konda into the mat with a sit-out power bomb and followed up with a folding press. Konda kicked out of that but still found himself isolated in the Raging Bulls corner. The Bulls then work Konda over in their corner, before bringing him out of the corner with a double team hip-toss. The Bulls then set up for the Raging Impact but Konda ducks out of the way just in time and Hamacho ends up charging into a super-kick. Konda forward rolls towards his corner and gets the tag into Kokan, who takes Sanda down with a leg-lariat. With Hamacho still feeling the effects of being super-kicked by his own partner. Size of the Fight have Sanda isolated.........FINAL IMPACT (Flapjack/DDT) combo from SOTF and this match over. Good quick paced opener that got the crowd into the action right away. These two teams feuded over the tag titles in the first half of 2007 but despite the Bulls fading out of the title picture in recent times, with the teams tending to have more lower profile shorter length matches when they meet up their recent matches against one another seem to be alot better. Partly this is down to Size of the Fight improving even more as a unit and secondly the shorter matches tend to condense the often bland heel beatdown segment. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Size of the Fight defeated Raging Bulls in 7:38 when Hyosuke Kokan defeated Chuichi Sanda by pinfall with a Final Impact.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B+[/COLOR][/B] [FONT=Courier New][B]Notes:[/B] As this is a tag contenders series with the final immediately following the two semi final matches Size of the Fight stay around at ringside for the next match.[/FONT] [CENTER][B]Match #1.2: Tag Contenders Series- Semi Final: [/B] [B]P.I.N.K (Marihito Masuko & Tadakuni Toshusai) [/B] [B]vs The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_MarihitoMasuko.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BHOTWG-TadakuniToshusaiPINK.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru.jpg[/IMG] [B]& [/B][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Masuko starts out with Scorpion, they chain wrestle for a bit and Masuko almost gets a shock early victory with a small package. Scorpion then tags out to Kiyaru. Masuko takes Kiyaru down with a leg-sweep and then he monkey-flips the Junior veteran towards the pink corner, Kiyaru lands on his feet but gets clubbed in the back by Toshusai. P.I.N.K then worked Kiyaru over in their corner, often working in fake tags much to the frustraiton of Golden Scorpion. After wearing Kiyaru down for about 3 minutes, Toshusain then body slammed Kiyaru and Masuko set up for a senton from the top rope but Kiyaru got the knees-up. Toshusai then picked up Kiyaru and tried to set up for the shock treatment but, Kiyaru countered with Tilt-A-Whirl Head-Scissors and got the tag into Golden Scorpion. Scorpion took Toshusai down with a Flying Cross-Body and followed up with a pin, only for Mausko to break it up. Masuko then took Scorpion down with a leg-sweep DDT , Scorpion kicked out but he now found himself isolated in the P.I.N.K corner, A Flapjack/missile drop-kick combination looks to have won the match but Kiyaru breaks it up at the last split second. Kiyaru is ordered back to his corner and P.I.N.K set for the P.I.N.K Daze but Scorpion manages to slip off Toshusai's shoulders and he nails the big-man with a standing drop-kick that sends Toshusai falling into the turnbuckle.....Masuko finds himself crotched on the top-rope and Scorpion brings him crashing back into the ring over the fallen Toshusai with a hurracanrana. Scorpion however was too worn down to get the pin and he rolls through to tag in Kiyaru. Kiyaru catches Masuko with the Awesome Mirage kick series before planting the one time former Junior champion into the canvas with a Falcon Arrow, but Toshusai comes around, and breaks up the pin. Toshuai takes Scorpion down with Mongolian chop before dumping Kiyaru into the canvas with a choke-bomb but before he can make the cover he gets nailed with a Scorpion Stinger from Golden Scorpion. Kiyaru cuts off Masuko's attempts to make the save and Kiyaru and Scorpion pick up what could be considered to be a slight upset victory. There wasn't much wrong with the match but it just lacked a spark, they needed to better the opening contest between SOTF and the Bulls for the crowd to really connect with this match up but they failed to do that. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Kiyaru & Scorpion defeated P.I.N.K in 8:23 when Golden Scorpion defeated Tadakuni Toshusai by pinfall with a Scorpion Stinger.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B]Match # 1.3:Tag Contenders Series- Final[/B] [B]Size of the Fight (Hyosuke Kokan & Kansuke Konda) vs [/B] [B]The Awesome Kiyaru & Golden Scorpion[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HyosukeKokan.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KansukeKonda.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_TheAwesomeKiyaru.jpg[/IMG] [B]&[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_GoldenScorpion.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Size of the Fight re-enter the ring, as the two teams are given a brief rest period to recharge their batteries. Haven gone earlier SOTF will be the more rested but Kiyaru & Scorpion will have the adrenaline still pumping through their veins from their last match. Kiyaru and Kokan start out , they chain wrestle for a bit, then begin to exchange strikes. Kiyaru starts to gain an advantage and Kokan backs off into his corner to make the tag. Kiyaru takes Konda down with an arm-drag but Konda is right back up and he comes right back with a flurry of fore-arm strikes, he goes a for a roaring elbow but Kiyaru ducks under and gets the tag into Golden Scorpion, who takes Konda down with a leg lariat. Konda gets back to his feet but Scorpion catches him with a Jawbreaker and takes Konda over with a snap suplex. Konda kicks out at 1 but Scorpion nails him with a kick to the head, he sets up for a brainbuster, but Konda fights out with knee-strikes before rolling Scorpion up with a La Magistral cradle. Scorpion kicks out and takes Konda down with an implant DDT, he decides to go up top but Kokan comes over and grabs a hold of the leg giving Konda long enough to get back to his feet and bring both himself and Scorpion crashing back into the ring with a belly to back suplex. Both of them struggle back to their feet and get the tags into their partners. Kiyaru goes for a roundhouse but Kokan ducks under and he takes the Junior Division veteran off his feet with a Leg-sweep.......Kiyaru gets back to his feet but gets taken down with a Leg-Hook Belly o Back Suplex..... One..... Two..... Kiyaru kicks out but finds himself isolated in the Size of the Fight corner. Kokan tags in Konda, before they combine to pull out a slingshot catapult, missile drop-kick combo on Kiyaru. That keeps Kiyaru down for two and they move in to set up for the Final Impact, but Scorpion comes in to break up the attempt, that gives Kiyaru enough time to take Kokan down with a Tilt- A Whirl Head-Scissors. Kokan drops out to the outside , Scorpion climbs up onto the turnbuckle and dives onto Kokan with a flying cross-body. Meanwhile back in the ring Konda goes to nail Kiyaru with a roaring elbow but Kiyaru ducks under and he counters with a swinning leg-sweep. He follows up with a Quebrada....... One..... Two....... Konda kicks out and Kiyaru heads over to the turbuckles, but Konda gets back to his feet and he cuts off Kiyaru on the top turnbuckle. They duke it out to gain an advantage......Kokan is back in the ring and climbs up to the turnbuckle, they try to bring in Kiyaru with a double team suplex, but Scorpion comes in underneath them..........Sunset flip power-bomb (Scorpion) /hurracanrana combo (Kiyaru) on Size of the Fight..... All the bodies lay sprawled in the ring......Kiyaru goes over to make a cover on Konda......but the cover is weak and Konda kicks out. Kokan sneaks up behind Kiyaru and he dumps the junior veteran with a belly to back suplex but Scorpion then takes Kokan over with a Northern Lights Suplex....... One..... Two..... Kokan kicks out, but he's met with a kick to the mid-section and then driven back into the canvas with a brainbuster !!! Scorpion goes for another cover but Konda breaks it up, kick to the mid-section he sets up for a Konda driver, but Kiyaru nails him from behind with an Enziguri before following up with an inverted DDT. One.... Two....... Konda kicks out !! Kiyaru heads up top again and pulls out the Shooting Star Press...... One.... Two... Thr..... Kokan dives over just in time to break it up......he takes down Kiyaru down with spinning head-scissors, but he gets clubbed from behind from Scorpion...Scorpion sets up for another brainbuster, but Kokan counters with a roll-up and then locks on the Electric Shocker Clutch...... Kiyaru breaks it up with a kicks to the back. Kokan rises to his feet but Kiyaru takes him down with standing shiranui but then Konda who dives off the top turnbuckle to take Kiyaru down with a Tornado DDT.......... Konda goes to make the pin but he's not the legal man. Konda gets himself officially tagged in but he gets cut off by Kiyaru, who takes Konda off his feet with a leg-sweep. Kiyaru sets up for the Falcon arrow but Konda slips out of it and counters into a sunset flip power-bomb....... One..... Two..... Scorpion breaks it up......SCORPION STINGER !!! from Scorpion, but he's not the legal man and he gets himself officially tagged in. He goes for the cover...... One....... Two....... Konda kicks out, he pulls Konda up to his feet......but Konda counters with a kick to the mid-section ......BIG FIGHT STUNNER !!! One..... Two..... Kokan runs out to the ring, to cut off Kiyaru..... Three !!! Size of the Fight will get the next Tag Team Title shot. The action in this match was non-stop and even though they were on the losing end of the result Kiyaru and Scorpion really stepped up their game in this match and showed they could be a combination to look out for amongst the tag ranks in 2008. All in all the Tag contenders series did a pretty good job of opening the show. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Size of the Fight defeated Kiyaru & Scorpion in 11:06 when Kansuke Konda defeated Golden Scorpion by pinfall.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER]___________________________________________________[/CENTER] [I]A video is show to hype the Openweight Title match between Miyamae and Tom Gilmore. The video shows Hell Monkey helping Miyamae to win the title from Gilmore in the triple theat match with Rhino Umaga.[/I] [B]Rating: C-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #2: Openweight Title: [/B] [B]Miyamae vs Tom Gilmore[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningOpenweight.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Miyamae.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AngryGilmore.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Before Miyamae can even get into the ring Gilmore goes on the attack right away and meets him on the entrance ramp. The two brawl for a bit on the outside, with Gilmore in control, they eventually bring it into the ring and the bell stars to offficially start the match. Gilmore stays in control, he then whips Miyamae into the corner and follows in with a running fore-arm smash, before peppering the current double champion with a flurry of palm strikes. Miyamae slumps to the mat, and Gilmore see's this as an opportunity to follow in with the face-wash. Gilmore is a ball of intensity right now and Miyamae just doesn't have an answer. Gilmore lifts Miyamae up of the canvas and places him on the turnbuckle, before bringing Miymae crashing back into the ring with an Iconoclasm. Gilmore follows up for the cover but Miyamae rolls out of the ring and the Dragon-Feeter decides to take a time-out. Gilmore being the ring veteran that he is just waits for Miyamae to get back into the ring, rather than giving chase and falling into a potential trap. Miyamae comes back onto the apron but takes his time coming into the ring, knowing that he can't win the title on a count-out Gilmore goes to suplex Miyamae back into the ring but he gets the rope flinged into his face, before being winded with a shoulder block. Miyamae then came back into the ring and took Gilmore down with a Rolling Cutter. Miyamae then stomped away and taunted Gilmore. Miyamae then let Gilmore almost get back up to vertical base before sending the Gaijin star back to his knees with a shoot-kick. Miyamae then bounced off the ropes and followed in with a running knee, before going for a cover. One..... Two...... Gilmore powered out of the pin attempt and began to fight back again with punches to the gut, but Miyamae cut off his flurry with a knee strike and the former SWF star was planted back onto the canvas with a Uranage. Miyamae then went up top, but Gilmore was back to his feet....Miyamae saw this and took Gilmore down with a flying cross-body. But Gilmore used the momentum to roll through into a pin attempt, however Miyamae rolled through again and then applied the Snake Poison. Gilmore was trapped in the middle of the ring and seemingly had no where to go. Referee Koetsu Shinozaki checks on Gilmores condition The arm flops down once......... Shinozaki checks again....... Still no sign of life from Gilmore.......... One final check........ Gilmore starts to power his way up to vertical base, he wants that Openweight title back and isn't read to give in. Miyamae still has the hold locked on though, but Gilmore starts to fight back with elbow shots to the gut......Miyamae can't keep the hold locked on any longer....... Gilmore scoops Miyamae up onto his shoulders.....Death Valley Driver !!! But Gilmore is too worn down to follow up and both of them just lay on their feet for a breather. Miyamae is back up first, but Gilmore catches him with a double knee face-buster, Gilmore then whips Miyamae into the ropes and takes him over with a Tilt-A Whirl Backbreaker. Miyamae is staggered, Gilmore doubles him over with a kick to the mid-section......he then follows in with an Exploder Suplex...... One..... Two....... Miyamae kicks out...... Gilmore then lifts Miyamae back up to a vertical base and unleashes a flurry of palm strikes, before whipping Miyamae into the ropes.....Miyamae bounced back off and Gilmore sets up for the Anger Management, but Miyamae manages to duck under and goes to nail Gilmore with an Enziguri, but Gilmore is one step ahead , and the grabs Miyamaes leg taking the Dragon Feeter down with a leg-whip....... He then locks on a Stone-Hold....Miyame manages to kick his way out of it, but Gilmore takes him over with a Fisherman suplex......... One....... Two........ Gilmore flips Miyamae over and re-applies the Stone Hold......... Just as it looked Miyamae might tap, he somehow manages to make his way to the ropes and Gilmore is forced to break the hold. Miyamae staggers back to his feet, but Gilmore plants him right back onto the canvas with a reverse STO. He then drops his knees across Miyamaes chest before dragging the champion into place for the Picture Perfect Moonsault....... Gilmore springs off the turnbuckle and he NAILS IT !!! One....... Two......... Miyamae got his foot on the ropes......but it turns out he had assistance, Hell Monkey appeared from literally no-where (the commentary team are perplexed at how Hell Monkey was suddenly at ringside) and he put Miyamaes foot on the ropes. Gilmore is still in control though and he takes Miyamae over with an Elemental suplex, he floats over into a bridging pin, but Hell Monkey is now up on the apron and Shinozaki is distracted, he orders Hell Monkey to the back......Gilmore is now arguing with Shinozaki telling the ref he had the match won. Miyamae is back to his feet, Gilmore turns around ....superkick from Miyamae and Gilmore is struggling to stay on his feet.......MIYAMAE SPOILER !!! One...... Two..... Three Miyamae is still the champion, though he once again has stable mate Hell Monkey to thank, otherwise he was probably looking at an unsuccesful first title defence. Arguably the best Openweight Title match yet, this one was intense from start to finish and though the result was a little bit tainted with Hell Monkey's interference ...Miyamae's victory was still a clean one, though Gilmore will feel agrieved at the nature of the loss. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Miyamae defeated Tom Gilmore in 15:54 by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][COLOR=purple]Miyamae retains the Burning Openweight Championship title.[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [I]Miyamae is handed the Openweight Title belt and he celebrates in the ring......[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]____________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #3: Rhino Umaga vs Hell Monkey[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HellMonkeyB.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Rhino Umaga is fired up and wants revenge on Hell Monkey, the bell goes and the big Samoan lays right into the man who replaced him in Silver Dragon Feet, catching Monkey off guard with a flurry of palm thrusts and knee strikes, Monkey comes back with a kick combination but Umaga then drops him with a clothesline. Monkey rolls out of the ring and goes for a powder, but Umaga climbs out onto the apron and crashes into Monkey with a body-splash. Umaga then follows up with another flurry of knee-strikes, before whipping Monkey into the guard-rail. He then lines up for a running clothesline, but the SDF new-comer picks up a chair and rams it into the Samoans gut. Hell Monkey rolls into the ring to count referee Omura Umeki''s count before turning his attention back to Umaga. Monkey tees off on Umaga with a flurry of kicks, then a knee strike to the mid-section has the big samoan doublled over. Monkey then climbed up onto the apron, before driving Umaga face first onto the mat with an axe-kick. Hell Monkey then rolled back into the ring and waitied for Omura Umeki to count Umaga out. Umaga was back up to his feet and Hell Monkey came over to the ring-ropes to block his entrance back into the ring but Umaga was able to counter with a shoulder block to the mid-section, he then followed up with a throat-thrust. Umaga re-entered the ring and then whipped Hell Monkey into the ropes....Monkey bounced off with a springboard roundhouse attempt but Umaga countered with another shoulder block and then followed up with an atomic drop, before downing Monkey with a swinging side-slam...... One....... Two...... Monkey kicked out. Umaga then whipped Hell Monkey into the corner and charged in with a running clothesline but Monkey was able to get the boots up, Umaga charged again but was blocked off by the Dragon Feeter, who then countered with a diving bull-dog. Umaga got back to his feet but Hell Monkey nailed the Samoan with an Enziguri, before taking Umaga off his feet with a basement drop-kick. Monkey went for the cover but Umaga powered out at one. Umaga started to rise to his feet again but a stiff kick to the head sent him back onto this back and Monkey headed up top. Monkey set up for the 450, but Umaga was back to his feet and he stumbled into the ropes crotching Monkey on the top turnbuckle. Umaga took Monkey upon his shoulders before driving the Dragon-Feeter into the canvas with a Samoan Drop....... One...... Two....... Monkey is able to kick out. Umaga gets in a couple of knee-strikes and then he whips Monkey across the ring, he sets up for the Rhino Charge, but he is unable to connect as Monkey rolls under the ring, and starts to head back up the ramp. Umaga could win by a count-out but he doesn't want to win that way, he goes right after Monkey....but as he catches up with Monkey, he gets stopped in his tracks with a kick to the mid-section. They then start to brawl on the ramp, and neither man seems to be giving an inch.....Umaga picks up a chair and cracks it over Monkeys back but Monkey picks up a chair of his own, and rams it into Umaga's mid-section. Umaga comes back with another chair shot, then Monkey comes back with another one of his own. Omura Umeki has seen enough and throws the match out. Disappointing match, this pretty much just ended up being two guys brawling with one another, not helped by the fact that beyond the brawling (most of the match) the pair had little in the way of chemistry with one another. The schmozz finish probably didn't help either but it would have been easier for the fans to swallow if the preceding match had been really good. Unfortunately it looks like I've got Ino- Gilmore Mark 2 on my hands, that feud started in similar circumstances and when I got them together for a singles match up, they too had poor chemistry. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Rhino Umaga drew with Hell Monkey in 9:46 when the referee lost control and stopped the match. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: C+[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][COLOR=black]____________________________________________________[/COLOR][/CENTER] [I]Tetsuzan Kaneko catches up with Koshiro Ino, ahead of his contenders match with Hiroaki Nakasawa[/I] [I]- Ino said he was disappointed that his tag title run with Kinnojo Horri was unable to last a bit longer, but it wasn't to be and perhaps it's a sign that he is destined for a different glory.[/I] [I]- Ino said perhaps that glory is singles glory, he said back in December he started well in the Super 10 Cup, but then injury forced his withdrawal from the tournament[/I] [I]- Ino says he believes he could have gone on to win the Super 10 Cup and whilst he respects his opponent (Nakasawa) in this up-coming contenders match , he says he is back to 100 % and his feeling the POWAAAAAH !! and when he feels the POWAAAAAAH !!! no one willl be able to get in the way as he takes the path to ultimate glory....... The Burning Hammer World Title !![/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER]_________________________________________________[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #4: World Title Contenders: [/B] [B]Hiroaki Nakasawa vs Koshiro Ino[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HiroakiNakasawa.jpg[/IMG][B] vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KoshiroIno.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Both of these are big babyfaces, so the crowd is split on who to get behind. Nakasawa appeals more to the older fans.....he has a no nonsense attitude and he still dresses in simple ring gear of black trunks and knee-pads, though the trunks to adorn his name and he makes his entrance in a long sleeveless over coat with the Nakasawa logo. Ino with his flamboyant face paint and quasi super-hero POWAAAAH and Paint gimmick is more of a hit with the younger members of the crowd. They circle one another to start , before locking up with a collar and elbow tie up, that leads to a stale-mate and they pull apart. They lock up again and that leads to another stale-mate. Nakasawa sneak in a fore-arm strike and he gets a wrist-lock on Ino, but the Powaah and Paint star, works his way out of it and comes back with an elbow smash. Ino then gets in a flurry of strikes before whipping Nakasawa into the ropes.......Nakasawa goes springs back and comes back with a Lariat but Ino ducks under and then he drives Nakasawa into the mat with a BACK-SNAPPER !! One..... Two........ Nakasawa is able to kick out. If Ino had pulled that move out when Nakasawa was more worn down it probably would have won him the match. Ino lifts Nakasawa back to his feet , he applies a double choke-hold but Nakasawa fights his way out of it with elbow shots to the mid-section. Ino lets go of the choke-hold and Nakasawa takes Ino down with a hammerlock divorce-court. Ino gets back to his feet but Nakasawa stuns the Powaah and Paint man with a double knee back-breaker, before dumping Ino with a German suplex.........Nakasawa holds on and takes Ino over with a second German suplex !!! Nakasawa goes for another German !!!, he the applies a bridging pin..... One..... Two....... Ino gets the shoulder up just in time. Nakasawa brings Ino back up to his feet he attemtps a Nakasawa Neckbreaker but Ino shoves him off and counters with a clothesline.....that only rocks Nakasawa but a shoulder tackle takes Nakasawa off his feet.......... Nakasawa is back up but Ino takes bounces off the ring-ropes to take the former World champion down with a Leaping Lariat. Ino is feeling the POWAAAH !! and he climbs up onto the second turnbuckle, Nakasawa staggers back up to his feet but gets knocked back down with a flying double axe handle. Nakasawa gets back to his feet again but Ino dumps him back down with a Scoop Lift Power Slam !!! One...... Two...... Nakasawa is able to dig down and kick out again.... Ino lifts Nakasawa back up to vertical base and whips the World Champion into the ring-ropes.........he goes for the Kobras Bite but Nakasawa see's it coming and side-steps out of the way, before nailing Ino with a standing drop-kick to the back. Ino staggers into the ring-ropes, he bounces back off them and Nakasawa uses the momentum to dump Ino with a release German suplex........ Nakasawa waits for Ino to get back to his feet, he catches Ino with a fore-arm smash and then he pulls out the NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER !!! One...... Two..... Thr........ Noooo !!! Much to the disbelief of Nakasawa, Ino kicks out. Nakasawa picks Ino up off the canvas and fires in another flurry of fore-arm strikes, he then whips Ino into the ring-ropes and sets up for the H-Bomb but Ino has it scouted and uses the momentum of the ring-ropes to take Nakasawa by suprise with a shoulder tackle. Nakasawa is doubled over and Ino follows up by planting Nakasawa into the canvas with an axe-kick....... One.... Two...... Nakasawa emphatically kicks out and he gets back to his feet all fired up, he lays into Ino with a flurry of elbows and fore-arms but Ino answers with a flurry of his own. They keep going back and forth, but neither of them will give an inch. Nakasawa then rocks Ino with a Lariat, but Ino stays on his feet and comes back with a Lariat off his own, somehow Nakasawa stays on his feet. They then both decide to go for a second lariat, they connect at the same time, and both of them slump back down to the canvas....... Koetsu Shinozaki applies the ten count......... They both stagger to their feet at around nine. Nakasawa gains the advantage with a knee to the mid-section, he then whips Ino into the ring ropes and sets up for the H-Bomb again but he gets nailed in the head from Ino with the KOBRA's BITE High Knee !!! One..... Two..... Thr....... Nooo !!! Nakasawa is able to kick out Ino liftss Nakasawa back up , he tries for the POWAAAH SUUURGE but just like the first time he tried to pull it off, Nakasawa was able to fight his way out of it. Ino changes tactics and drives a few knee-shots into Nakasawa's mid-section. Ino then tries for a Power-Bomb but the former World Champion manages to stand his ground. Ino then fires in a couple of elbow shots and whips Nakasawa into the ring-ropes, he bounces off the ropes and goes for the KOBRA'S Bite again, but Nakasawa see's it coming and he counters with a lariat......Ino stays on his feet but Nakasawa gets in a kick to the mid-section and he takes Ino over with a Northern Lights Suplex...... Nakasawa has a bridging pin, but he decides against the pin and floats over into an STF. Ino starts to power his way out, but Nakasawa drives a knee into the back and switches it up into a cross-face. Shinozaki checks on Ino's condition......... He still has some fight left and makes his way over to the ropes...... Nakasawa breaks the hold ....Ino is back to his feet but Nakasawa gets the advantage again with a fore-arm smash and a kick to the mid-section........Ino stumbles towards Nakasawa......NAKASAWA NECKBREAKER !!!! One........ Two........ Three !!! Nakasawa will challenge for the World Title at Test of Prophecies !! Despite the fact that these two are both faces, with a common enemy in Silver Dragon Feet, the lustre of a possible world title shot, meant that they weren't holding back on one another and though this was far from a blood feud this was still a very hard hitting match with both competitors giving everything they got to earn a shot at the Burning World Title [B][COLOR=red]Result: Hiroaki Nakasawa defeated Koshiro Ino in 20:52 by pinfall[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][COLOR=black]______________________________________________________[/COLOR][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Match #5: Openweight Contenders- 4 Corner Survival: [/B] [B]Kinnojo Horri vs Sean McFly vs [/B] [B]Shingen Miyazaki vs Yasunobu Masuno[/B] [/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_KinnojoHorri.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SeanMcFly.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ShingenMiyazaki.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_YasunobuMasuno_alt11.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Like the previous match the winner of this contest, will get a title shot at the next PPV. Miyazaki starts out with Masuno. Miyazaki kicks away at Masuno, but Masuno simply absorbs Miyazaki's kicks and he drops the BHOTWG new-comer with a Big Boot. Miyazaki tags out to Kinnojo Horri and the two biggest men in the match, get in each others faces before going toe to toe. Masuno starts to over-power Horri and he whips the former tag champ into the corner, it just so happened to be Sean McFly's corner and the former NOTBPW star made the blind tag, announcing his arrival into the match-up with a missile drop-kick. McFly then followed up with an immediate pin but Masuno powerfully kicked out. Both men were up to their feet but Masuno caught McFly with a Deacon Knee-lift. Masuno then spun McFly around and tried to lock on the Masuno deep sleeper but the American born star fought his way out with elbow shots to the mid-section. McFly then nailed Masuno with a step up Enziguri, before scrambing over to make the tag into Shingen Miyazaki. The two Burning Hammer new-comers then decided it would be in their best interests to work together and keep Masuno isolated in their corner. McFly and Miyazaki worked over Masuno as Horri looked on in frustration. However when McFly went for a pin attempt after he took Masuno down with a super-kick, following a roaring elbow. Miyazaki pulled McFly off and their alliance broke down. McFly and Miyazaki then traded chops with one another and this gave Masuno the opportunity to dive over to Horri's corner and get the tag into the former Tag champion. Horri took the fight right to McFly and Miyazaki, back body dropping McFly over the top rope (it looked as though McFly took a bad landing and could be a non factor in the rest of the match) . Horri then took Miyazaki down with a Running clothesline. Miyazaki then staggered back up to his feet and Horri drove him straight back down to the canvas with a sit-out powerbomb ..... One..... Two..... Miyazaki kicked out........ Horri brigns Miyazaki back up to a vertical base and then almost takes his head off with a BURNING LARIAT !!!!! One...... Two..... Thr...... Masuno comes in to break it up. Horri gets back to his feet but gets knocked back down with a big boot. Horri gets back to his feet but Masuno answers with a Spinebuster...... One..... Two....... Horri gets back up but Masuno cuts off any come-back attempt with a Deacon Knee-lift. AVALANCHE BOMB !!! One..... Two....... Miyazaki breaks things up. Masuno gets to his feet and Miyazaki nails him with a standing drop-kick, Masuno staggers into the ropes but comes back with an Ed Henson Press..... One..... Two...... Miyazaki kicks out, Masuno lifts him up and sets up for the Avalanche Bomb but Miyazaki slips out and nails Masuno with a spin-kick, he takes Masuno off his feet with a spinning leg-sweep and then he applies the ankle-lock. Masuno tries to use his size and reach to get to the ropes, but Miyazaki has the submission locked right in, and he begins to grapevine the leg to add extra leverage, it look like Masuno might be done....... But the submisson is broken up......with a Frogsplash from Sean McFly. Miyazaki gets back to his feet, McFly stuns him with a super-kick......he spins Miyazaki over into the DELOREAN DRIVER !!! One..... Two....... Horri dives in to break up the pin..... But it's too late.....McFly continues his unbeaten streak to win the match and earn the Openweight title shot. Standard 4 corner formula stuff, with things starting out reasonably slow, then breaking down when the first significant pin attempt is made. All the competitors put in a good effort but this was definately the glorified filler match of the show and it did a solid job of keeping the crowds interest before the main events but not leaving them burnt out. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Sean McFly defeated Kinnojo Horri, Shingen Miyazaki and Yasunobu Masuno in 12:57 when Sean McFly defeated Shingen Miyazaki by pinfall. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: B[/COLOR][/B] [CENTER][B][COLOR=black]_______________________________________[/COLOR][/B][/CENTER] [I]Tetsuzan Kaneko catches up with Shimedzu ahead of his World Title match with Hooded Kudo[/I] [I]- Shimedzu said it was an honour to be taking on Hooded Kudo for the World Title, but before he can get more of a word in edge-way, Kudo comes down and grabs the mic....[/I] [I]- Hooded Kudo said that tonight would be a one off, a time when one of his own men would face the ultimate test. [/I] [I]- Kudo says that he expects Shimedzu to bring his best and that were Shimedzu to lay down for him, it would only bring shame to Silver Dragon Feet.....[/I] [I]- Kudo then said that should Shimedzu beat him for the World Title, then he would have to consider stepping down as leader of Silver Dragon Feet, as only the very best can be chosen to be leader[/I] [I]- But Kudo finished off by saying that he feels that he is destined to be rule over Burning Hammer forever, and it is written in stone that he shall be too strong for Shimedzu[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]____________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [I]A video plays hyping the first ever Burning X match for the Junior Title between Sensational Dragon, Elemental II and Americana. It mostly shows highlights of last weeks Best of 3 contenders series between Americana and Elemental II, in particular the ladder match where Sensational Dragon's interference led to a no contest and the creation of the Burning X match.[/I] [B]Rating: C[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #6: Burning X for the Junior Title: [/B] [B]Sensational Dragon vs Americana vs Elemental II[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningJunior.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_SensationalDragon.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3]vs[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_AmericanElemental.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_ElementalII.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The introductions are made and both champion and challengers look at the 15 ft tall structure of scaffolds and criss crossing cables with both excitement and trepidation. This match would not only test their athleticism but also their resilliance and sheer determination to take down the belt from high above the ring and emerge as the Champion of the Junior Division. The bell rings and they all look up at the structure. Americana and Elemental II then look at each other and they deliver stereo kicks to Sensational Dragon, they go for the kicks again, but the champion slips under this time and springboards off the ring ropes to take both of them down with a moonsault press !! Dragon then scrambles over to one of the turnbuckles/scaffolds but Americana is back up and he cuts Dragon off with a step up Enziguri. Meanwhile Elemental II is back up and starts to head for one of the other corners, but Americana see's this and Elemental II is also cut off and taken off his feet with a leg-whip. Americana now begins to climb the turnbuckle, but Sensational Dragon is back to his feet and he brings both of them back in the ring with a hurracanrana. Dragon is up to his feet, but Elemental II sneaks up behind and dumps Dragon with an Elemental suplex...... Elemental II is now climbing the scaffold and he starts to make his way across the cables but Americana is right behind him. Americana delivers a couple of kicks to the back of Elemental II, then both lose their grip and fall to the mat below. Dragon see's that both have taken a hard fall and begins to climb, but Americana is back up and he cuts Dragon off just before he starts to make his way across the cables, they exchange strikes on the turbuckle. Americana delivers a stiff kick that sends Dragon back first into the metal scaffolding and the champion slumps over, eventually falling into the ring and then to the outside. Elemental II is back up to his feet and before Americana can begin to climb the scaffold he delivers a step up Enziguri, before bringing both of them back in with a belly to back superplex. They both get to their feet and Elemental II delivers a kick to the mid-section of Americana, before driving Americana into the mat with an Elemental Driver. Elemental II then begins to climb the scaffold and he starts to make his way across the cables, but Dragon is back up and he springboards off the ropes to deliver a sick looking drop-kick that literally turns the Junior legend inside out. Dragon now takes the opportunity to make his way up the scaffold and across the cables, but the wear and tear of the match is already taking it's toll and his grip begins to weaken , his legs starts flailing underneath. Americana is back up and he grabs hold of Dragon's legs to pull the champion down......... But just as he was being pulled down Dragon countered into a Sensation Shock !!!! Dragon begins to climb the scaffold again, and he starts to slowly make his way across the cables, but Elemental II is back-up this time and he begins to climb one of the other cables. Dragon gets over to the middle of the X, it looks like he is about to bring the belt down, but he's struggling to get in unattached and Elemental II is now there too. They exchange kicks to the back as both try to get a hold of the belt.......... They both lose their grip and slump back down to the mat...... Americana see's this and begins to climb the scaffold.........Meanwhile Dragon and Elemental II get back to their feet , Elemental II goes for a roundhouse but the champion ducks under and takes the Junior legend off his feet with a dragon screw leg-whip, he then picks Dragon up and dumps the 2007 BOSJ Cup winner with an Dragon Suplex...... But whilst this was happening Americana had nearly made his way to the middle of the X. Out of desperation, Dragon goes to the outside and picks up a ladder, he starts to set up the ladder, but referee Omura Umeki is telling him he can't use that to bring down the title........ Americana now has his hands on the title, but Dragon climbs up onto the ladder, he dives off it and brings both of them down with a mid-air cutter. As both Americana and Sensational Dragon took a heavy fall into the middle of the ring , referee Omura Umeki ordered that the ladder be taken out of the ring.....Elemental II now see's his opportunity to climb the scaffold, but the gruelling effects of such a high impact match, see's him make slow progress. The effects are so much so, that he loses his grip on the cable and just slumps down to the ring himself......... All three of them briefly lay on the canvas out of sheer exhaustion, as the first ever Burning X match is shaping up to be a war of attrition. They all get up, Americana delivers a kick to the mid-section of Elemental II, before taking the Junior legend over with an Elemental Suplex, and he begins to make his way towards the scaffold, but Dragon cuts him off and takes him down with a Dragon Slice !!!! Dragon now begins to climb the scaffold, but Elemental II is back to his feet, tri-fecta kick series has Dragon dazed...he brings both himself and Dragon up to the top turnbuckle.....the commentators wonder why Elemental II is bringing Dragon up to the turnbuckle as-well , when he has an opportunity to make his way across the cables again........ Elemental II picks Dragon up and then he jumps off the top rock, with Dragon cradled upside down, nailing the Junior champion with a top-rope EARTH BREAKER !!! Dragon looks done........ Elemental II begins to make his way back towards the scaffold, but Americana is back to his feet and he delivers a spinning heel kick to Elemental II, before dumping the Junior legend onto the canvas with a Falcon Arrow...... American now climbs up onto the turnbuckle, he begins to climb the scaffold, but he has second thoughts, the turns around.....steadies himself on the turnbuckle and he flys off onto Elemental II with the INFERNO SPLASH !!!! Elemental II now looks like a non-factor and Sensational Dragon is still feeling the effects of absorbing the Earth Breaker from the top-rope. Americana begins to slowly make his way across the cables........ Dragon is stirring back to his feet, but Americana is at the middle....... Americana struggles to detach the belt from the cables, and Dragon is now up the scaffold.......Americana has the belt detached, but he must bring down the belt and have possession of it on the mat.......Dragon is now there and he begins to kicks away on Americana, can he kick the belt lose from Americana's grasp ?.......... Americana drops to the mat............ He managed to keep a hold of the belt, despite Dragon's last ditch efforts......... Referee Omura Umeki calls for the bell.......... AMERICANA is the NEW BURNING JUNIOR CHAMPION !!! Sensational Dragon can't believe it and falls back down from the cables, slumping over in disappointment. Elemental II is also back to his feet and also looks dejected, but he then goes over to Americana and congratulates the new champion on his first ever title win in BHOTWG. Once again the Dragon-Elemental II- Americana triumphrate at the the top of the Junior Division deliver yet another MOTYC and they arguably the MVP's ov the entire promotion right now. Some of the spots in this match were absolutely jaw dropping, with Dragon's springboard drop-kick that turned Elemental II inside out being a particular highlight. But most of all they got the balance right between pulling off high impact spots and selling the gruelling nature of the match, really putting over the high-risk element involved. [B][COLOR=red]Result: Americana defeated Sensational Dragon and Elemental II in 18:31 when Americana retrieved the Championship Belt.[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red][COLOR=purple]Americana wins the Burning Junior Championship Title.[/COLOR] [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B] Americana is then given some time to soak in his victory, as he becomes the Burning Junior champion for the first time [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]_________________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [I]A video then plays hyping the main event....the World Title showdown between Hooded Kudo and fellow Dragon-Feeter Shimedzu.[/I] [B]Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][B]Match #7: World Title: [/B] [B]Hooded Kudo vs Shimedzu[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_BurningWorld.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [CENTER][IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_HoodedKudo.jpg[/IMG] [B]vs[/B] [IMG]http://s137.photobucket.com/albums/q236/Tigerkinney/th_Shimedzu.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] It's a rare occasion when someone gets a bigger reaction from the crowd during the pomp and ceremony of the introductions, but on this occasion Shimedzu received just that, with his win in the Super 10 Cup the crowd truly believed that Shimedzu could dethrone his own stable leader as champion and add the World Title to the tag belt he was already carrying to the ring. The early portion of the match see's alot of caution from both men, the exchange a few holds but there is no urgency behind their work and if anything Shimedzu is showing a little too much respect to Hooded Kudo. That changes when Shimedzu works his way out of a wrist-lock and takes Kudo down with a leg-sweep, he then lifts Kudo up off the mat and sets up for a Dragon Suplex, but Kudo fights his way out with a back-elbow. The World champion then turns around and delivers a flurry of knife edge chops to Shimedzu. That fires up Shimedzu who comes back with chops of his own and now the match really is on !!! They go back and forth with chops, until Shimedzu manages to double Kudo over with a knee to the mid-section, before driving the World Champion into the mat, with an STO. Kudo gets back to his feet but Shimedzu cut's off any attempt at a flurry with another knee strike before taking Kudo over with a Tilt- A-Whirl Backbreaker. Shimedzu follows that up with a gutbuster and finishes the combination with a slingshot suplex...... One..... Two....... Somewhat unsuprisingly Kudo kicks out, and Shimedzu knew in the back of his mind that it would take alot more to keep the World champion down and as soon as Kudo was getting back up to a vertical base, Shimedzu was there to fire in a series of kicks, halting an attempted comeback from the World Champion. Shimedzu backed Kudo into the corner with the rebel streak (machne gun kick combination) , wiht Kudo limp he turned the World Champion over into the tree of woe position.....Shimedzu then lined up for the hesitaiton drop-kick, but Kudo was playing possum and the champion lifted himself up onto the top turnbuckle at the last split second......Shimedzu bounced back off the turnbuckle, and as he got back up he was taken down with a flying lariat from Kudo. Both men got back to their feet but Kudo was a split second quicker, which led to him taking Shimedzu back off his feet with a Dragon screw leg-whip........Kudo then waited for Shimedzu to rise back up, before nailing his fellow Dragon-Feeter with a Shining Wizard...... One...... Two......... Shimedzu kicked out, Kudo then lifted Shimedzu up before dumping the current tag team champion with a Dragon Suplex , he then applied a bridging pin........ One..... Two......... Shimedzu was able to get a shoulder up, but then Kudo floated over and applied a surfboard , the World champion then flipped Shimedzu out of the hold, Shimedzu landed on his feet but was immediately knocked down with a Yazuza Kick....... Kudo decided against making the cover and lifted Shimedzu up on to his shoulders for a Death Valley Driver, but Shimedzu countered that with a crucifix roll, and he then applied a seated arm-bar. Shimedzu had the hold locked on right in the middle of the ring, and Kudo looked to be in real trouble but somehow the World Champion used his veteran know how to work his way out of the move, and as they got back up to a vertical base , Kudo took Shimedzu down with a Russian leg-sweep before applying the KUDO LOCK ! Now it was Shimedzu who found himself being stretched and twisted like a pretzel in the middle of the ring. But despite Kudo's efforts, Shimedzu dug down deep and eventually managed to manouevre himself over to the ring-ropes and Kudo was forced to break the hold. As the hold was broken Kudo fired in some knife edge chops into Shimedzu, before whipping Shimedzu across the ring, Kudo then looked to follow in with another Yazuza Kick, but Shimedzu used the momentum to knock Kudo down with a springboard roundhouse kick, Kudo was back up to his feet but Shimedzu fired in another series of kicks before whipping Kudo into the ropes again and downing the World Champion with a Blue Thunder Driver..... One..... Two...... Kudo then rolled out of the ring, before Shimedzu could follow up, but Shimedzu climbed up onto the top turnbuckle and he took Kudo down with a Moonsault Press. Shimedzu then rolled Kudo into the ring and went for a cover but Kudo was able to get his shoulder up. Shimedzu then lifted Kudo up to vertical bases and looked to finish things off with the Skull-Drop but Kudo countered with couple of knee strikes.....Shimedzu now found himself doubled over and Kudo pulled out the KUDO DRIVER '99 (Cross Arm Piledriver) One....... Two....... Thr...... Nooo !! Shimedzu got his shoulder up just time...... Kudo then decided to head up top and set up for a moonsault but Shimedzu was back to his feet and he cut Kudo off with a step up Enziguri.....Shimedzu then followed Kudo up onto the top of the turnbuckle, where they exchanged strikes with one another to gain an advantage.......... Shimedzu then looked to be in control, before sending both of them back into the ring with the TOTAL ANARCHY !!! (Moonsault side slam) One...... Two...... Thr....... Kudo kicked out, Shimedzu could not believe it and was wondering what he had to do, to keep Kudo down for three. He then shook those thoughts from his head and lifted Kudo up to vertical bases and looked to finish things off with the Skull-Drop but Kudo saw it coming and countered with a knee to the groin and spike DDT. Kudo then dropped down and once again Shimedzu found himself in the Kudo-Lock, but the challenger found himself near the ring ropes and he managed to roll over towards those ropes, to forced Kudo to break the hold again. Kudo though did not give Shimedzu any rest bite and delivered a series of knife edge chops to Shimedzu , he then whipped Shimedzu across the ring and then waited for his fellow Dragon Feeter to bounce off the ropes, before planting Shimedzu back into the canvas with a drop toe hold. Kudo then waited for Shimedzu to get back to a vertical base, he sent a kick into Shimedzu's gut doubling the tag champion over......Kudo then set up for the Kudo-Kutter, but Shimedzu managed to duck under and caught Kudo with a spinning back kick. Kudo had been stunned and he staggered right into a knee to the mid-section from Shimedzu. Shimedzu then hooked his arm around Kudo's neck and drove the World champion into the mat with the SKULL DROP !!! One.... Two..... Thr..... Kudo got his shoulder up at the last split second. Now Shimedzu really was wondering what he had to do to take the World Title away from his faction leader........ As Shimedzu was pondering this Miyamae came down to ring-side and he got up on the apron brandishing a steel-chair.......Miyamae went to hand Shimedzu the chair, but referee Omura Umeki saw this and just as Miyamae was about to hand Shimedzu the chair, Umeki came between them. Miyamae shoved Umeki away but Shimedzu did not want to take the chair, but that brief moment of hesistation, led to Kudo getting back to his feet and the World Champion shoved Shimedzu into Miyamae......Shimedzu's face ended up hitting the steel chair being held by Miyamae........... Shimedzu then stumbled back off the ring-ropes........KUDO KUTTER !!!! One........... Two......... Three !!!! Hooded Kudo is still the World Champion !!! This may well of been Kudo's toughest test to date and Shimedzu was very close to winning the World Title.......if he was able to hit the Skull-Drop again, we probably would have been looking at a new World Champion. But the distraction from his long time tag partner Miyamae put paid to that. Was Miyamae trying to help his fellow tag champion (and his help back-fired) or was Miyamae in cahoots with faction leader Hooded Kudo the whole time ? Whatever the reasoning behind his trip down to the ringside area, there will now be obvious tension between the World Tag Team Champions. Following the action packed Burning X match Kudo and Shimedzu had a hard act to follow, but they rose to the challenge and produced a main event worthy of headlining the pay per view. It started out slow, but this played into the fact that these two have been fighting on the same side over the past year, but once the first real shots in anger were fired it quickly picked up and they produced a hard hitting battle that saw both champion and challenger dig out plenty of Fighting Spirit from within [B][COLOR=red]Result: Hooded Kudo defeated Shimedzu in 22:29 by pinfall with a Kudo Kutter. [/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=purple]Hooded Kudo retains the Burning World Championship Title[/COLOR][/B] [B][COLOR=red]Rating: A*[/COLOR][/B] [I]Kudo is then handed the World Title belt and celebrates in the ring.[/I] [B]Rating: B[/B] [I]After the celebrations Shimedzu is seen arguing with Miyamae.[/I] [B]Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][B]___________________________________________[/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][B][SIZE=3][COLOR=olive]Overall: A[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] On the whole this was a pretty great PPV, both the World Title and Burning X (Junior Title) matches delivered in the main event slots, the Nakasawa- Ino contenders match and the Openweight Title matches were also very good, whilst the tag contenders series provided an effective opening sereis of bouts and the 4 corner survival was fine as filler. The only real let down was the grudge match between Hell Monkey and Rhino Umaga.

[B][U]Predictions contest[/U][/B] [I]8 people pitched in this time, lets see how they all did.....[/I] [B](4/9):[/B] Beeker, Editor 6 [B](5/9):[/B] Chris Caulfield, PassagetoHonour, Rob 4590 [B](6/9):[/B] Marcel Fromage, Smurphy 1014 [B](7/9):[/B] Imerak Imerak is the winner of the predictions contest and will get front row tickets for the next PPV in April ' Test of Prophecies'.

[B][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Purogods.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=black][/COLOR] Burning Hammer of the Wrestling Gods have announced that they are making changes for the PPV schedule from this year. The Inferno/Best of the Super Juniors cup event will now take place in May, whilst Sword of Destiny has been moved back to June. The reasoning behind this is that with the introduction of the Super 10 Cup both the Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter tours would be ending with a major tournament. BHOTWG officials felt it would be better to have one of the tournaments take place before the end of the tour, and the decision was taken to move the Best of the Super Juniors Cup. BHOTWG have also announced the addition of another tournament to take place in April. The tournament will be a 6 man tag team tournament with the winning trio earning a substantial reward. The plan is for the tournament to feature 8 teams in a knockout format. BHOTWG said that the tournament is unlikely to be part of a PPV and is likely to be a 'special attraction' as part of one of the regular shows on the tour.

[B][U]O.O.C Note[/U][/B] [B][/B] The real reasoning for moving the BOSJ Cup to May, is because WLW are on tour during that time. Last time I try to get in some WLW bods in for the tour on 'talent trade' I was blocked from doing so, as they dont tour in June. Though I probably do have enough Junior division wrestlers on the roster to be able to hold a tournament. I like the idea of bringing in a few 'guest stars' as Wild cards and seeing as I have a working agreement with WLW I might as well use it to it's fullest potential.

[B][U][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkred]Purogods.com[/COLOR][/SIZE][/U][/B] [COLOR=black]Following the spectacular Fire Dream of the Immortals PPV, that saw Hooded Kudo retain the World Title over fellow Silver Dragon-Feeter Shimedzu and Americana win the Junior Title in the first ever Burning-X match; BHOTWG continue the Samurai Spirit Tour with a Double Shot at the Akita Stadium in Tohoku on Monday 24th March and then Thursday 27th March.[/COLOR] Mondays show will be headlined by a Six Man Tag that will pit the Silver Dragon Feet trio of World Champion Hooded Kudo and World Tag Team Champions ' The Rebellion' Shimedzu & Miyamae against Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Koshiro Ino. Silver Dragon Feet have been dominant over the past month, but following the events at the end of the World Title match between Hooded Kudo and Shimedzu, one has to wonder if the trio can co-exist with one another. For those who missed the PPV Shimedzu's tag partner (and fellow Tag champion) Miyamae came out to 'help' Shimedzu but the help back-fired, leading to Kudo retaining the World Title. On the other side of the ring Hiroaki Nakasawa will get a shot at the World Title at Test of Prophecies and will be looking to gain momentum against his long time rival , whilst "HorrIno" need little motivation to bring their best against members of Silver Dragon Feet. Also on Monday's show - Sensational Dragon will look to bounce back from losing the Junior Title in the Burning X when he takes on The Awesome Kiyaru. Hell Monkey takes on Rhino Umaga in a tables match. Umaga originally requested this match for the FDOTI Pay per view, after he was put through a table by Hell Monkey in a post match beatdown. He was granted a regular match, but following the non-finish at FDOTI- Burning Hammer officials have given the green-light for the pair to settle their business in a No DQ match up. Sean McFly fresh of his win in the 4 Corner surival (that earned him an Openweight Title shot at Test of Prophecies) faces off with P.I.N.K's Tadakuni Toshusai Toshusai's P.I.N.K partner Marihito Masuko takes on Size of the Fight's Kansuke Konda. There will be a 4 Corner survival featuring Kenko Takemitsu, Mokuami Maita, Shingen Miyazaki & SUKI and Yasunobu Masuno faces off with Bulldozer Brandon Smith. Thursdays show will be headlined by an All Star Junior Tag match as newly crowned Junior Champion Americana teams up with the Junior legend Elemental II against the Silver Dragon Feet duo of former champion Sensational Dragon and Hell Monkey. In the nights other big match , here will be gold on the line as Tom Gilmore has been granted a re-match with Miyamae for the Openweight Title. Also on Thursdays show- World Champion Hooded Kudo goes up against the man he recently kicked out of Silver Dragon Feet, Rhino Umaga. A win over the World Champion would really boost the credentials of the man once known as the Silver Dragon Feet insurance policy, but more than that Umaga will have revenge on his mind. Koshiro Ino takes on recent BHOTWG addition Shingen Miyazaki, this might just be a match of pride but both will be looking to get back on the winning track, following losses at the FDOTI pay per view. Shimedzu will look to bounce back from being unable to win the World Title , when he takes on Size of the Fight's Hyosuke Kokan, Sean McFly takes on Eiji Hamacho of the Raging Bulls and Kansuke Konda faces off with Golden Scorpion. [I]Here is a full rundown of the cards for the Akita Stadium Double Header[/I] [CENTER][B][U][COLOR=olive]Samurai Spirit Tour- Night Eight[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][U](Akita Stadium , Tohoku)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][I]Monday 24th March 2008[/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1][B]Six Man Battle:[/B] [/SIZE] [SIZE=1]'Representing Silver Dragon Feet'[/SIZE] World Champion- Hooded Kudo [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]&[/SIZE] [/SIZE] [SIZE=1]World Tag Team Champions-[/SIZE] The Rebellion (Shimedzu & Miyamae) vs Hiroaki Nakasawa, Kinnojo Horri & Koshiro Ino[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Tables Match:[/B] [B][SIZE=1]'Representing Silver Dragon Feet'[/SIZE][/B] Hell Monkey vs Rhino Umaga[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]'Representing Silver Dragon Feet'[/SIZE] Sensational Dragon vs The Awesome Kiyaru[/CENTER] [CENTER]Sean McFly vs [SIZE=1]'Representing P.I.N.K'[/SIZE] Tadakuni Toshusai[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]'Representing Size of the Fight'[/SIZE] Kansuke Konda vs [SIZE=1]'Representing P.I.N.K'[/SIZE] Marihito Masuko[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]4 Corner Survival:[/B] Kenko Takemitsu vs Mokuami Maita vs Shingen Miyazaki vs SUKI[/CENTER] [CENTER]Bulldozer Brandon Smith vs Yasunobu Masuno __________________________________________________[/CENTER] [CENTER][B][U][COLOR=olive]Samurai Spirit Tour- Night Nine[/COLOR][/U][/B] [B][U](Akita Stadium , Tohoku)[/U][/B][/CENTER] [CENTER][I]Thursday 27th March[/I][/CENTER] [CENTER][B]All Star Junior Division Tag:[/B] [SIZE=1]Junior Champion-[/SIZE]Americana & Elemental II vs [SIZE=1]'Representing Silver Dragon Feet'[/SIZE] Sensational Dragon & Hell Monkey[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Openweight Title:[/B] [SIZE=1]'Representing Silver Dragon Feet'[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]World Tag Team Champion-[/SIZE] Miyamae vs Tom Gilmore[/CENTER] [CENTER][B]Non (World) Title:[/B] [SIZE=1]'Representing Silver Dragon Feet'[/SIZE] Hooded Kudo vs Rhino Umaga[/CENTER] [CENTER]Koshiro Ino vs Shingen Miyazaki[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]'Representing Silver Dragon Feet'[/SIZE] [SIZE=1]World Tag Team Champion-[/SIZE] Shimedzu vs [SIZE=1]'Representing Size of the Fight'[/SIZE] Hyosuke Kokan[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=1]'Representing Raging Bulls'[/SIZE] Eiji Hamacho vs Sean McFly[/CENTER] [CENTER]Golden Scorpion vs [SIZE=1]'Representing Size of the Fight'[/SIZE] Kansuke Konda _________________________________________________________[/CENTER] [quote] [LEFT][B][U][COLOR=green]Predictions Form[/COLOR][/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][U][COLOR=green]Tohoku Double Shot- Monday[/COLOR][/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]Six Man Battle:[/B] Hooded Kudo & The Rebellion vs Nakasawa, Horri & Ino[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green]Tables Match: Hell Monkey vs Rhino Umaga[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green]Sensational Dragon vs The Awesome Kiyaru[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green]Sean McFly vs Tadakuni Toshusai[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green]Kansuke Konda vs Marihito Masuko[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]4 Corner Survival:[/B] Takemitsu vs Maita vs Miyazaki vs SUKI [/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green]BBS vs Masuno[/COLOR] [COLOR=green]________________________________[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][B][U][COLOR=green]Tohoku Double Shot- Thursday[/COLOR][/U][/B][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]All Star Junior Tag:[/B] Americana & Elemental II vs Sensational Dragon & Hell Monkey[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]Openweight Title:[/B] Miyamae vs Tom Gilmore[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green][B]Non (World) Title:[/B] Hooded Kudo vs Rhino Umaga[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green]Koshiro Ino vs Shingen Miyazaki[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green]Shimedzu vs Hyosuke Kokan[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green]Eiji Hamacho vs Sean McFly[/COLOR][/LEFT] [LEFT][COLOR=green]Golden Scorpion vs Kansuke Konda[/COLOR][/LEFT] [/quote]

[B][U]Tohoku Double Shot- Monday[/U][/B] Six Man Battle: Hooded Kudo & The Rebellion vs [B]Nakasawa, Horri & Ino[/B] Tables Match: Hell Monkey vs [B]Rhino Umaga[/B] [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs The Awesome Kiyaru [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs Tadakuni Toshusai [B]Kansuke Konda[/B] vs Marihito Masuko 4 Corner Survival: Takemitsu vs Maita vs Miyazaki vs [B]SUKI [/B] BBS vs [B]Masuno[/B] ________________________________ [B][U]Tohoku Double Shot- Thursday[/U][/B] All Star Junior Tag: Americana & Elemental II vs [B]Sensational Dragon & Hell Monkey[/B] Openweight Title:[B] Miyamae [/B]vs Tom Gilmore Non (World) Title: [B]Hooded Kudo [/B]vs Rhino Umaga [B]Koshiro Ino[/B] vs Shingen Miyazaki [B]Shimedzu[/B] vs Hyosuke Kokan Eiji Hamacho vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] Golden Scorpion vs [B]Kansuke Konda[/B]

Six Man Battle: Hooded Kudo & The Rebellion vs [B]Nakasawa, Horri & Ino[/B] Tables Match: Hell Monkey vs [B]Rhino Umaga[/B] [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs The Awesome Kiyaru [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs Tadakuni Toshusai Kansuke Konda vs [B]Marihito Masuko[/B] 4 Corner Survival: Takemitsu vs Maita vs Miyazaki vs [B]SUKI[/B] [B]BBS[/B] vs Masuno ________________________________ Tohoku Double Shot- Thursday All Star Junior Tag: Americana & Elemental II vs [B]Sensational Dragon & Hell Monkey[/B] Openweight Title: Miyamae vs Tom Gilmore - draw Non (World) Title: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] vs Rhino Umaga [B]Koshiro Ino[/B] vs Shingen Miyazaki [B] Shimedzu[/B] vs Hyosuke Kokan Eiji Hamacho vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] Golden Scorpion vs [B]Kansuke Konda[/B]

Tohoku Double Shot- Monday Six Man Battle: Hooded Kudo & The Rebellion vs [B]Nakasawa, Horri & Ino[/B] [I]6-man match is a good chance for the faces to win and the heels to have a bit of stress[/I] Tables Match: Hell Monkey vs [B]Rhino Umaga[/B] [I]Umaga gets the win to start building himself up again. Monkey probably doesn't need it as much right now[/I] [B]Sensational Dragon [/B]vs The Awesome Kiyaru [I]Dragon to get back on track[/I] [B]Sean McFly [/B]vs Tadakuni Toshusai [I]McFly's run continues[/I] [B]Kansuke Konda[/B] vs Marihito Masuko [I]Bad day for PINK[/I] 4 Corner Survival: Takemitsu vs Maita vs Miyazaki vs [B]SUKI[/B] [I]SUKI seems to have more about him than the other 3 right now[/I] BBS vs [B]Masuno[/B] [I]Go Yasuno![/I] ________________________________ Tohoku Double Shot- Thursday All Star Junior Tag: [B]Americana & Elemental II [/B]vs Sensational Dragon & Hell Monkey [I]I'll go with the Elementals here...albeit with some tension developing[/I] Openweight Title: [B]Miyamae[/B] vs Tom Gilmore [I]Ordinarily I'd go with Gilmore, but I don't see Miyamae losing it so early[/I] Non (World) Title: [B]Hooded Kudo [/B]vs Rhino Umaga [I]I don't think Umage is going to get the job done here[/I] [B]Koshiro Ino [/B]vs Shingen Miyazaki [I]Feel the POWAAH Shingen![/I] [B]Shimedzu[/B] vs Hyosuke Kokan [I]Straightforward win to keep Shimedzu strong[/I] Eiji Hamacho vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] [I]Straightforward win to keep McFly strong[/I] [B]Golden Scorpion [/B]vs Kansuke Konda [I]I'll go with Scorpion here. Simply to give that team a boost and make them look a danger to Size of the Fight.[/I]

Tohoku Double Shot- Monday Six Man Battle: Hooded Kudo & The Rebellion vs [B]Nakasawa, Horri & Ino [/B] [I]Total guess here, but I think the young crew are kind of underdogs, and I like underdogs.[/I] Tables Match: Hell Monkey vs [B]Rhino Umaga[/B] [I]When in doubt, I go with the bigger man. It's the old-school in me. However, Monkey could take it if this feud has legs, so it might go that way. Should be a good one though.[/I] [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs The Awesome Kiyaru [I]I'm going with Dragon here, as I think he needs the win after losing the Burning Junior to keep from finding himself in a tailspin.[/I] [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs Tadakuni Toshusai [I]The sheer talent level of McFly blows Toshusai out of the water, and that alone is enough for me to pick him.[/I] [B]Kansuke Konda[/B] vs Marihito Masuko [I]I'm kind of a mark for Konda, so I'm picking him in mark fashion.[/I] 4 Corner Survival: Takemitsu vs Maita vs Miyazaki vs [B]SUKI[/B] [I]SUKI is the strongest one here, and could easily use this win to start a big push. As a side note, I love the fact that Miyazaki and SUKI end up in every puro dynasty ever.[/I] BBS vs [B]Masuno[/B] [I]I love Smith, but he's nowhere near being in Masuno's class yet. Give it some time, and I think this one could be a surprising gem.[/I] ________________________________ Tohoku Double Shot- Thursday All Star Junior Tag: [B]Americana & Elemental II[/B] vs Sensational Dragon & Hell Monkey [I]Dragon and Monkey are the stronger team, but I think that Umaga could find his way into this one and affect the outcome.[/I] Openweight Title: [B]Miyamae[/B] vs Tom Gilmore [I]I really like Gilmore's involvement in your dynasty, but I think that Miyamae is too much of an ace to take a loss here.[/I] Non (World) Title: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] vs Rhino Umaga [I]Turnabout is fair play, and I see Hell Monkey somewhere in the mix here.[/I] [B]Koshiro Ino[/B] vs Shingen Miyazaki [I]It's a shame that Ino is a freelancer, because his skill level is such that he could really end up as a huge star more often in the game if he had more loyalty.[/I] [B]Shimedzu[/B] vs Hyosuke Kokan [I]Shimdezu wins, plain and simple.[/I] Eiji Hamacho vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] [I]Ditto for this one, although I think that Hamacho definitely has an outside chance at getting a win here.[/I] [B]Golden Scorpion[/B] vs Kansuke Konda [I]Konda is good, but hardly matches the star power of Scorpion, so I don't think he really has much of a chance in singles competition against the masked man.[/I]

[quote=hrdcoresidebrns;334093] [I] As a side note, I love the fact that Miyazaki and SUKI end up in every puro dynasty ever. [/quote][/I] I think the reason these two always find their way into Puro diary, is that there is very few free-agents on the Puro scene of a reasonable talent level. Most of the good talent in Japan is either tied up in a written contract or loyal to a certain promotion. What is left on the free-agent market in terms of home grown Japanese talent is alot of mediocrity. [quote=hrdcoresidebrns;334093] [I]Konda is good, but hardly matches the star power of Scorpion, so I don't think he really has much of a chance in singles competition against the masked man.[/I][/quote] Konda has actually been pretty strong in singles competion of late, stronger than Scorpion and even challenged for the Junior Title at the end of the previous tour. It would actually be more of an upset if Scorpion was to pick up the win at this moment in time.

Tohoku Double Shot- Monday Six Man Battle: [B]Hooded Kudo & The Rebellion[/B] vs Nakasawa, Horri & Ino Tables Match: [B]Hell Monkey[/B] vs Rhino Umaga [B]Sensational Dragon[/B] vs The Awesome Kiyaru [B]Sean McFly[/B] vs Tadakuni Toshusai [B]Kansuke Konda[/B] vs Marihito Masuko 4 Corner Survival: Takemitsu vs [B]Maita[/B] vs Miyazaki vs SUKI [B]BBS[/B] vs Masuno ________________________________ Tohoku Double Shot- Thursday All Star Junior Tag: [B]Americana & Elemental II[/B] vs Sensational Dragon & Hell Monkey Openweight Title: [B]Miyamae[/B] vs Tom Gilmore Non (World) Title: [B]Hooded Kudo[/B] vs Rhino Umaga [B]Koshiro Ino[/B] vs Shingen Miyazaki Shimedzu vs [B]Hyosuke Kokan[/B] Eiji Hamacho vs [B]Sean McFly[/B] Golden Scorpion vs [B]Kansuke Konda[/B]

Due to my horrific predicting skills I'm abstaining from the Tohoku Double Shot Shows because... no matter what I'd pick, even if Tigerkinney sent me the results of the show before he wrote them up. I'd still, somehow, end up at the bottom of the standings.

Archived