I went to an Indy show and it reminded me of TEW so much.

Basically, on the weekend, I attended a show by a Toronto wrestling promotion. The main event on the card was supposed to be Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels. However, come show time, they could not appear (they were caught in the huge snow storm in Chicago). Likewise Ash and Vanessa Kraven also couldn't appear. They were a total class act though, and offered refunds or if you had a V.I.P. ticket, free entry to the event with Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels when it is rebooked. So, the promoters had to scramble to re-arrange the show and try to please the fans. I know they tried to find other "names" to fill the main event (Rhino for example was called but had other commitments). In the end, they re-arranged the card, and busted their butts to try to salvage the show. I'll admit, while not as good as it would have been if everything worked out as planned, I still had a blast. The whole time I was there waiting for the show, I was thinking about how I would handle it. I was re-configuring their matches in my head, throwing a stipulation here, or re-arranging matches there. The thing is, all the while I was doing it, I was totally thinking about the TEW interface and how it all looked. More like a tool than a game. You know, when a game shadows reality as good as TEW does, you really have to appreciate it. :)

Archived