Make sure to think through ease of dynasty posting.

The title says the general concept, but I'll give you a "for example" that is a problem in TPF. I'm trying to start a dynasty with it, and I want to go through and post position-by-position player info. Well, when I use any roster screen and print it to HTML, the game doesn't output the players in the same order that I have them sorted by. I had the screen sorted by positions, but it puts the starters all on top. Therefore, in order to post a dynasty, I have to do several extra steps, rather than just cutting and pasting all the QB's once, for example.

Another comment on this. Have a one-button, "Output League HTML" function like FOF and FBCB. I'm snooping around and can't find one in TPF. The best one I've seen is in FBCB, because it gives you the option of how much detail that you'd like outputted: [img]http://www.younglifenorthlake.com/fofc/html.jpg[/img]

Speaking of ease of dynasty posting, the WYSIWYG editor over here doesn't work properly (or at least it doesn't work as well as it does at FOFC and OOTP). I've done several cut-and-pastes over here that lost formatting. No skin off my back personally, as I'll be posting my dynasties at FOFC, but for those who post dynasties here, y'all should take a look at your vbulletin control panel settings (or the settings for each skin) to make cut-and-pastes more accurate when using WYSIWYG.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. I posted [url="http://dynamic2.gamespy.com/%7Efof/forums/showpost.php?p=779928&postcount=176"][color=Blue][b][u]THIS[/u][/b][/color][/url] at FOFC. However, doing the same paste here, I can't post the entire list at all; it merely times out. In fact, I can't even post the Top 30 from the list over here .

OK. Part of your problem might be whatever imagine limit per post you have set. It wouldn't even let me post the top ten, but for the first time in this thread, it gave me an error message, saying that I attempted to put too many images in the post. Of course, you might have to keep the limit, 'cause y'all have to deal with all those wrestling nimrods who LOVE to put too much crap in their posts.

There is an image limit per post of 2. It is something that can be raised, but up until now, there really wasn't a demand for it. Dynasty posts are not the reason there is a limit, but as I'm sure you know I cant give each forum category a different limit. The timing out issue is something I investigating now. Something is not working properly regarding this. I'll keep you updated. One reason why things aren't posted the same is that there is no html allowed on any of the forums. This is something that was heavily abused by those at the .400 forum. In the future you can also PM me with issues like this.

Archived