Anyone interested in a tag tourney

sirniles2000

Hey everyone. I noticed that keefmoon is doing a favorite wrestler tournament, and it got me thinking that a tag team tournament would be a great idea. Would anyone be interested? I know some of you will think I'm just copying keefmoon's idea(and what a great idea it was), but that isn't quite the case. I actually tried to do a tag tourney on the old 400software boards about three or four years ago, but about two days after I started, a BUNCH of noobs started FLOODING the boards with similar tournaments. Because of that, I just decided to stop doing my tournament in order to hopefully stop the board from being filled up with all those posts. Anyway, I am a HUGE fan of tag wrestling. If anyone would be interested in doing a tourney, let me know.

[QUOTE=sirniles2000;207652]Hey everyone. I noticed that keefmoon is doing a favorite wrestler tournament, and it got me thinking that a tag team tournament would be a great idea. Would anyone be interested? I know some of you will think I'm just copying keefmoon's idea(and what a great idea it was), but that isn't quite the case. I actually tried to do a tag tourney on the old 400software boards about three or four years ago, but about two days after I started, a BUNCH of noobs started FLOODING the boards with similar tournaments. Because of that, I just decided to stop doing my tournament in order to hopefully stop the board from being filled up with all those posts. Anyway, I am a HUGE fan of tag wrestling. If anyone would be interested in doing a tourney, let me know.[/QUOTE] Thanks for saying mine was a good idea, I appreciate it. I don't think you're copying me at all, after all, I copied the movies and songs ones that were done on here before. I wouldn't be against you doing it, but maybe it should be left a couple of weeks after the Fav Wrestler one has finished up, just to give people a bit of a break? Just an idea. But I'd vote regardless of when you did it. I'm a huge fan of tag wrestling. Are you thinking about doing it yourself, or having someone else? I would, but I don't wanna bore people with constant threads on here.

Does anyone want to volunteer to run it? If there are no takers and everyone isn't sick of the constant GDS Favourite... Ever threads I've been starting up recently then I'll do it. I don't think I've done a bad job on the wrestler one. But that's only if no-one else takes it up.

[QUOTE=panix04;207845]could we have a non-random draw? :D Seriosly though if there isntt a final between Kane and Taker and the rock and sock connection y'all need shooting! Although, i know the LOD, the rockers, the dudleyz are all good shouts![/QUOTE] Midnight Express all the way baby!!!

I always have to bring up two tag teams whenever these discussions come up: Strike Force (Rick Martell and Tito Santana): While both went on to have fairly succesful singles careers, I always enjoyed watching them work together. Actually it was rather sad seeing what happened to them at the end of their careers, being stuck with silly gimmicks (Rick "The Model" Martel spraying cologne on himself from an oversized bottle and Tito "El Matador" Santana, coming to the ring in full bullfighter get-up (just in case you couldn't tell he was of spanish decent)) Yokozuna and Owen Hart: I thought these two should have had a longer run with the titles as they really made for an impressive tag team. An extreme example of a big man/smaller man team they none-the-less had great chemistry working as a team and always had solid matches.

Okay, if everyone is okay wuth this, I'll run the tourney after the fave wrestler one is finished, which shouldn't be too long as the semi's will be posted tomorrow night at the very latest. Everyone puts their favourite five tag team in order. The top one gets five points and so on, I'll work out who is top, and then split them up into seedings. That way, the most popular should theoretically be seperated until the final stages. What do you think to that idea? It will be a lot more work for me to start off, and will refuse the surprise element (like or hate the results from the first round, no-one could have thought it would be so controversial) but if people want this format then that's fine. Worth baring in mind from the fav wrestler one is despite the random format eliminating a lot of top notch workers early on, the likes of Hulk Hogan, Bret Hart, Undertaker and Ric Flair are still in it. To be voted the best you have to go through the rest anyway. But it's your call.

Keefmoon, I was actually thinking of running it myself. But if you just really want to do it, let me know. I'm also thinking it would be a great idea to wait until the conclusion of the favorite wrestler tournament. I don't think we need two torunaments running at once. I think the first round will probably start a few days(or a week) after the conclusion of the favorite wrestler tourney. I'm also not sure if this thing should be random or not. I personally like the random feel, as it makes for some interesting match-ups, especially early in the tourney. However, I want this to be enjoyable for everyone, so everyone please let me know what you think about rather it should be random or not. Keefmoon, I like your idea of everyone naming their top five teams, and going off of that. The only problem is that I expect a lot of people to pick similar teams, and we not end up with enough to field 32 or 64 teams. What I'm thinking is that I'm going to put up a list of teams(32 or 64), and from there all of us on the board can look at that list, and decide if we left anyone out that is needed. That way, everyone can suggest teams I may have forgotten. Finally, I have one more question for everyone. Should a person be allowed to be in more than one team? To make it more "real", I don't think that should be possible. However, I want everyone's input.

[QUOTE=sirniles2000;207978]Keefmoon, I was actually thinking of running it myself. But if you just really want to do it, let me know. I'm also thinking it would be a great idea to wait until the conclusion of the favorite wrestler tournament. I don't think we need two torunaments running at once. I think the first round will probably start a few days(or a week) after the conclusion of the favorite wrestler tourney. I'm also not sure if this thing should be random or not. I personally like the random feel, as it makes for some interesting match-ups, especially early in the tourney. However, I want this to be enjoyable for everyone, so everyone please let me know what you think about rather it should be random or not. Keefmoon, I like your idea of everyone naming their top five teams, and going off of that. The only problem is that I expect a lot of people to pick similar teams, and we not end up with enough to field 32 or 64 teams. What I'm thinking is that I'm going to put up a list of teams(32 or 64), and from there all of us on the board can look at that list, and decide if we left anyone out that is needed. That way, everyone can suggest teams I may have forgotten. Finally, I have one more question for everyone. Should a person be allowed to be in more than one team? To make it more "real", I don't think that should be possible. However, I want everyone's input.[/QUOTE] If you wanna do it then be my guest. I only suggested me because I didn't know if anyone else wanted to. But I'd quite like to vote in a tourney without organising it all too. So fill your boots :p You make a valid point about the five top ones. Random does avoid that. Ultimately it's your call so whatever you think will work best you should go with. I personally would say random because, as previously stated, to win the stuff they have to theoretically be able to go through anyone anyway.

[QUOTE=MightyDavidson;207957][U]My Picks[/U] Midnight Express Hart Foundation Hollywood Blonds Killer Bees British Bulldogs[/QUOTE] Right on for the Midnights! :) We've really been giving the Road Warriors (not LOD) little respect. No way Demolition goes over the old school Warriors coming in to Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" that used to be freakin' unreal! ;)

Archived