DAVE: Wave of the Future

"So, you want the job, kid?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing as [B]Phil Vibert[/B]'s booming, New Yawk-accented words came out. My name is [B]Kate Avatar[/B], and less than two hours ago I was just sitting front row at one of [B]DAVE[/B]'s house shows in September of 2006. He was offering me a job as a valet for the company, hoping to replace [B]Emma Chase[/B] as she moved to the colour position after [B]Bryan Holmes[/B] left for Japan. I took the job, but I never made it on screen. After introducing myself to the all the boys in the locker room I sat down for a creative meeting with [B]Phil Vibert[/B] and [B]Nemesis[/B] regarding my character, and how I was going to fit into the bigger picture of what was going on in the company. They were so impressed with my ideas that they brought me aboard the booking team and, with all my time spent matching up all of our ideas into a cohesive book, I never debuted on-screen. Moving into 2007, Phil decided to put a new booking committee in place and, in a shock decision, asked [B]ME[/B] to act as the head of the committee. I expected [B]Nemesis[/B] to be pissed, but as it turns out it was all his idea. John wanted to focus more on his duties as a road agent and help whip a lot of our younger talent into shape as quickly as he could; he was still a part of the committee, however. In December, Phil and John started moving the book in the direction the committee began planning. The first show under the new booking regime would be January's [B]Back in Black[/B], to take place in our home stomping grounds of the Tri-State. Our goal is to generate enough buzz about the show that we'll be able to gain a new PPV deal and, hopefully, garner interest from the television networks. The past several months have been rough, and with [B]USPW[/B] gaining on us we can't afford many slip-ups. [I]***Notes: I'm doing this dynasty as a challenge to myself; DAVE is my favorite CornellVerse fed, and is also one that provides a huge challenge. I'm hoping to learn a lot about TEW07 by doing this, and challenging myself to both succeed and keep up with this diary. I have just started the game, and after taking a look at the starting momentum and all of that, I'll have a Back in Black preview posted.[/I]

In all of the lead-in that was booked as for [B]Back in Black[/B], which began in early November, things had changed a bit so that our storylines could begin to play out. We hoped that things would work, as we hadn't time to test things out with any of the workers on-screen or in-ring. [B]Phil Vibert[/B] emerged in more of an Authority Figure role, appointing [B]Joey Minnesota[/B] as his choice for the leader of DAVE's New Generation. [B]Hell's Bouncer[/B] serves as Vibert's bodyguard, an awesome force as the stable's enforcer. Vibert & company are said to be heading into 2007 looking for new recruits, and have warned that no one in DAVE is safe. At Back in Black, it will be [B]Joey Minnesota vs Shawn Gonzalez[/B], the Lone Wolf being the only man to stand-up against the group so far. [B]Back in Black[/B] will also be [B]Cat Jemson[/B]'s first show allied with [B]The Latino Kings[/B]. She recently turned on former clients [B]Adrenaline Rush[/B] to help the Kings win a tag match on an episode of [B]Danger Zone TV[/B]. The two teams will fight in a rematch at [B]Back in Black[/B]. [B]Eddie Peak[/B] and [B]Big Cat Brandon[/B] have continued to battle over the Unified title throughout the fall, and are currently scheduled to square off in a [B]Last Man Standing[/B] match at [B]Back in Black[/B]. It will be only the second time the two have faced-off in singles competition. [B][U]WRESTLINGCIRCLE.COM UPDATE - UNOFFICIAL BACK IN BLACK CARD[/U][/B] [B]DAVE UNIFIED TITLE MATCH - LAST MAN STANDING[/B] Eddie Peak (c) vs Big Cat Brandon [B]DAVE BRASS KNUCKLES TITLE MATCH[/B] Jack Giedroyc (c) vs Acid [B]DAVE TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH[/B] The New Jersey Devils (c) vs The New Wave Shawn Gonzalez vs Joey Minnesota Chris Caulfield vs Eric Tyler Note that all these matches are expected as they have been built-up recently on-screen. Several other matches are planned to take place, but as per usual DAVE hasn't made mention of what might take place. Adrenaline Rush is expected to face The Latino Kings, and rumour has it that Travis Century will be starting a big push at Back in Black.

[CENTER][B][FONT="Courier New"][COLOR="Red"]DAVEWRESTLING.COM FINAL CARD FOR BACK IN BLACK[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE="1"]MONDAY, JANUARY 1, 2007 - MCGAW ARENA[/SIZE] [B]DAVE UNIFIED TITLE MATCH LAST MAN STANDING[/B] EDDIE PEAK VS BIG CAT BRANDON [B]DAVE BRASS KNUCKLES TITLE MATCH[/B] JACK GIEDROYC VS ACID [B]DAVE TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH[/B] THE NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS THE NEW WAVE ERIC TYLER VS CHRIS CAULFIELD JOEY MINNESOTA VS SHAWN GONZALEZ TRAVIS CENTURY VS VIN TANNER ADRENALINE RUSH VS LATINO KINGS [/CENTER][/FONT]

Dave Unified Title Match Last Man Standing [b]Eddie Peak[/b] Vs Big Cat Brandon Dave Brass Knuckles Title Match [b]Jack Giedroyc[/b] Vs Acid Dave Tag Team Title Match The New Jersey Devils Vs [b]The New Wave[/b] [b]Eric Tyler[/b] Vs Chris Caulfield [b]Joey Minnesota[/b] Vs Shawn Gonzalez Travis Century Vs [b]Vin Tanner[/b] [b]Adrenaline Rush[/b] Vs Latino Kings

Archived