GCG: The Birthplace of Puroresu

[CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCC_birthplace.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [I]OOC: Here's my next try at GCG. Hopefully this goes better than my other diary, which flamed out financially half way through the second tour.[/I] Hello, my name is Derek Robinson. Just a few months ago, I was a small-time wrestler, trying to make my name in this great business. However, after not winning a match in the three years that I had been wrestling, I got extremely disenchanted with the business and basically declared myself retired. It's not like that really registered anywhere, as I wasn't really noticed to begin with. However, I had struck up many conversations with some of the North American workers in GCG. I had chatted up Henry Bennett, Julian Watson, Jimmy Cox, and even had the pleasure of talking to Pistol Pete Hall once. Pistol Pete must have liked what he heard, because not too long after, word was sent to me that Hanshiro Furusawa wanted to talk to me. What he had for me was a bombshell - he wanted me to become the new head booker for GCG! He wanted a fresh perspective on what was going on there, and he liked the ideas that I had told the gaijin I'd already talked to. The first thing he asked me to do was to refamiliarize everyone with all of the GCG stars, and that's exactly what I'm going to do, starting with the main eventers. [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt. [B][SIZE="4"]Pistol Pete Hall[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Pistol Pete Hall was a big name in the 1980's, where as a young man he was renowned for being one of the best big men workers around. He performed mainly in Japan, where he was in much demand. He went into retirement in 1992 to become a trainer, citing a problematic knee injury. However, the injury was eventually resolved with surgery, and he returned to active competition in 2005 with a new fire, and swiftly established himself as one of the big guns in Golden Canvas Grappling. [B]Finisher: [/B] Pistol Whip Lariat [B]Signature Moves: [/B]Cattle Rush (Oklahoma Stampede), Triplet Elbow Drops (three elbow drops in succession) [B]Title History: [/B] none[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Toshiharu Hyobanshi[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Toshiharu Hyobanshi is an extremely talented young brawler who has been called the "new Tadiyuki Kikkawa" by some. A GCG pure blood, he slowly been brought up the ranks since his debut in 1998, always being groomed as a potential company ace. He went a long way to justifying that faith in the summer of 2006 when he scored several wins over the legendary Kazu Yoshizawa, his mentor, who retired a few months later. Is said to be romantically involved with 5SSW star Kiko Sakakibara. [B]Finisher: [/B]Nova Bomb Redux (Orange Crush Bomb) [B]Signature Moves: [/B]Hyobanshi Face Plant (facebuster w/ knee), Nova Bomb Original (Blue Thunder Bomb), Nova Burst (short-range spear), Nova Strike (Mongolian chop), Side Swipe (kick to face of opponent on all fours) [B]Title History: [/B] GCG Openweight Championship (2x), GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (w/ Namboku Makuda)[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Hiroyasu Gakusha[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Hiroyasu Gakusha is a GCG pure blood, who has been being groomed as the figurehead of the company's "next generation" for many years. The muscular 270-pounder, who enjoys nothing more than throwing his opponents around with many suplex variations, made huge steps toward that in 2006, both winning the historic world title and following that up by defeating the legendary Yoshifusa Maeda in a true "torch passing" match. [B]Finisher: [/B]Gakusha Golden Bomb (Tiger Bomb) [B]Signature Moves: [/B]Gakusha Strike (elbow to face), Plunge Gakusha Strike (diving elbow strike to outside of ring), Roaring Gakusha Strike (roaring elbow) [B]Title History: [/B]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (w/ Kiminobu Kuroki), GCG Openweight Championship, [I]GCG World Heavyweight Championship (current)[/I][/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Dark Angel[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Dark Angel is one of the premier super junior wrestlers in the world. Beginning his career in the UK under his real name, Cliff Wilson, he was soon on his travels, working in North America and Japan. It was in Japan that he developed the Dark Angel character, and it has stuck with him ever since. By 2005, age had begun to lessen his high flying ability dramatically, but he soon responded by improving his technical wrestling, and some would say he has become an even better worker as a result. [B]Finisher: [/B]Descent Into Hell (double underhook facebuster) [B]Signature Moves: [/B]Falling Angel Moonsault [B]Title History: [/B]MOSC UK Championship (2x), NOTBPW Canadian Championship (2x)[/SIZE] [I][B][SIZE="3"]Next up ... The Upper Midcarders[/SIZE][/B][/I]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Upper Midcarders [I][B][CENTER]The Upper Midcarders[/CENTER][/B][/I] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Kiminobu Kuroki[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]"Super K" Kiminobu Kuroki is one of the new generation of Golden Canvas Grappling wrestlers who the company are hoping will lead them into a bright new era. When he first debuted it was clear that he had the charisma and manner of a future champion, but question marks were raised over his skill levels, which were clearly a step below some of his peers. Since then he has worked hard, and with the aid of some of the GCG veterans, he has managed to develop himself into a much better wrestler. [B]Finishers: [/B]Mercury Sleeper (modified Dragon Sleeper), Kuroki Krush (delayed brainbuster) [B]Title History: [/B]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (w/ Hiroyasu Gakusha), GCG Openweight Championship[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Jimmy Cox[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Jimmy Cox is a good all-round wrestler with a very good look, who for many years was seen as just a reliable midcarder. It was that solid, consistent image that got him hired by Golden Canvas Grappling in August 2004 when they had a temporary shortage of wrestlers to fill their midcard, but a string of awesome performances turned his entire career around, and he is now a big star in the East. A lot of that is down to his Immortal Driver, which has become one of the most over moves in Japan. [B]Finisher: [/B]Immortal Driver (cradle piledriver) [B]Title History: [/B]GCG Openweight Championship[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Jack Marlowe[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Jack Marlowe is a wrestler who has a dual-life. In North America and Mexico he is best known as Jungle Jack, a leopard-skin clad wild man. Meanwhile, in Japan, he is known by his real name, and is a highly respected tough brawler and one of GCG's top foreign talents. No matter where he works, or under what name, he clearly has the tools to be a huge success - good looks, a great muscular physique, power, surprising agility and a lot of charisma. [B]Finisher: [/B]Jungle Jack-Hammer (Northern Lights Bomb) [B]Title History: [/B]none[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Takayuki 2000[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Takayuki 2000 is a talented Japanese worker who is closely associated with Golden Canvas Grappling, where he has spent his entire career. His name is a reference to his debut, which took place on the 4th January 2000. One of the brightest young stars that GCG have produced via their youth system, Takayuki 2000 has been developed carefully by the company management, who see in him the talent and natural charisma that could make him one of the biggest stars in Japan. [B]Finisher: [/B]Persian Deathlock (elevated leg lock) [B]Signature Moves: [/B]Takayuki Attack (knee lift with point of knee), Takayuki Air Attack (flying Takayuki Attack from second turnbuckle), Takayuki Bomb Attack (flying double knee drop from top rope), Third Degree Burn (released German suplex) [B]Title History: [/B][I]GCG Openweight Championship (current)[/I] [B][I]Next up ... The Midcarders[/I][/B][/SIZE]

The Midcarders [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]The Midcarders[/SIZE][/B]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Naonobu Murkami[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Naonobu Murkami is a highly respected veteran in Japan, where he is best known as a long-serving member of the Golden Canvas Grappling roster. He had a three year reign with the GCG title between 1999 and 2002, and that has been by far the high point of his career to date. In recent times he has been busy in the tag team ranks, where his team with Shotaro Ikina resulted in two tag team title reigns, but that team seems to have now ended, leaving him without focus. [B]Finisher: [/B]Belly to Belly Suplex [B]Title History: [/B]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (2x, w/ Shotaro Ikina), GCG World Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Yasuhide Tayama[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]"The Coming Storm" Yasuhide Tayama is a big, physically intense brawler from Japan. Coming through the GCG youth system, he was originally seen as a bit of a lost cause - while he was undoubtedly tough, his wild brawling style was not a good fit for the company at all, and he struggled. However, with a lot of help from the veteran Naonobu Murkami, he has since managed to channel his aggressive style into a far more "GCG-friendly" package, and is now looking like he could become a big star. [B]Finisher: [/B]none [B]Title History: [/B]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (w/ Shotaro Ikina)[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Shotaro Ikina[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Shotaro Ikina is a wrestler who has found some degree of fame with Golden Canvas Grappling, but whose popularity is generally accepted to far exceed his actual talent. A lot of this is to do with his Ikina Driver, a devastating face buster, which is hugely respected. He is best known as a tag team wrestler; he held the GCG tag titles on two occasions with Naonubu Murkami, and in recent years has formed another championship-winning duo, this time with young Yasuhide Tayama. [B]Finisher: [/B]Ikina Driver (Pedigree) [B]Title History: [/B]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (2x, w/ Naonobu Murkami; 1x w/ Yasuhide Tayama)[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Stuart Ferdinand[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Stuart Ferdinand is a veteran American worker who has been a regular in Japan throughout his career, where his methodical technical style is respected. He was with Pride Glory Honor Wrestling for 5 years, but left in 2006 to try his luck with Golden Canvas Grappling instead. Since joining GCG, his main successes have been in the tag team ranks, where he has formed a highly-rated tandem with Nathan Coleman. It is widely predicted that they will taste tag team gold sooner rather than later. [B]Finisher: [/B]Fisherman's Suplex [B]Title History: [/B]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (w/ Nathan Coleman)[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Shingen Miyazaki[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Shingen Miyazaki is a highly-rated Japanese worker who moved to Canada early in his career to learn his craft with the Stone family in NOTBPW. After three years in that environment, learning from fantastic workers like Dan Stone Jr, Jeremy Stone, and Sean McFly, he had turned into a fine versatile wrestler, and returned to his homeland to compete for Golden Canvas Grappling. It is said that the GCG management see him as future world champion material. [B]Finisher: [/B]Ankle Lock [B]Title History: [/B]NOTBPW Young Lion Championship[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Nathan Coleman[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]"The Pioneer" Nathan Coleman is a tough brawler from Oklahoma, who is best known for his work in Japan, where he is a particular favourite with the Golden Canvas Grappling fans. In fact, his Japanese work far overshadows his North American achievments, where he has mainly stuck to working occasional independent shows. That may be able to change though, as in December 2006 he agreed to start working for DAVE as well as GCG. [B]Finisher: [/B]Pioneer Twist (torture rack neckbreaker) [B]Title History: [/B]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (w/ Stuart Ferdinand)[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Eagle Kawasawa[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Eagle Kawasawa is a masked high flier who has started to get over with Japanese fans thanks to his graceful aerial style and ability to come back from lots of punishment. He was originally trained by Japanese legend Optimus for one year, and that shows in some of his moves and mannerisms. Strangely, he has been working for GCG since 2003, when WLW or BHOTWG's Junior division seem like far more natural fits for a wrestler of his style. [B]Finisher: [/B]Vision Quest (Shining Wizard-style enzuigiri) [B]Title History: [/B]none [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt. [B][SIZE="4"]Hidekazu[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Hidekazu was an integral part of the BHOTWG junior division during the 1990s, but a knee injury seriously reduced his mobility and he was released. He has since built himself back up as a good mat-based worker, and wants to re-establish himself. He got his first exposure beyond independent shows when GCG signed him up for appearances on their first tour in 2007. [B]Finisher: [/B]none [B]Title History: [/B]none[/SIZE] [I][B]Next up ... The Rest[/B][/I][/SIZE]

The Rest [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]The Rest[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Rhino Umaga[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Rav "Rhino" Umaga, the elder brother of SWF's Akima Brave, is a second generation Samoan competitor who has been steadily building a career in Japan for the past few years as a formidable power-based fighter. He is probably best known for his regular tag team with Samoan Machine in Golden Canvas Grappling, with the duo having been one of the most dominant in the company over the past two years. Tough as nails and very talented, many think that Rhino can go on to greatness. [B]Finisher: [/B]Rhino Charge (spear) [B]Signature Moves: [/B]Samoan Crab (Boston Crab) [B]Title History: [/B][I]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (2x, as Samoan Destruction Inc., w/ Samoan Machine) (current)[/I] [/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Samoan Machine[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Samoan Machine (Bali So'oialo) is a very intense competitor who is starting to make waves in Japan. Strong, technically skilled, and with the tenacity of a pit bull, Machine is slowly building a fearsome reputation as a top class fighter. He originally broke into the sport with Golden Canvas Grappling, making a name for himself with his performances in the tag team ranks alongside Rhino Umaga, but as of 2006 he has also been working for the INSPIRE promotion, working under his real name. [B]Finishers: [/B]Unbreakable Sleeper (Rear Naked Choke), Samoan Driver (Celtic Cross) [B]Title History: [/B][I]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (2x, as Samoan Destruction Inc., w/ Rhino Umaga) (current)[/I] [/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]Barry Griffin[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Barry Griffin first came to fame in his home country of England, where he became a star for the MOSC promotion, winning their world title on four separate occasions. He gained a reputation for being a solid technical competitor who could be relied upon to always bring the goods. A tour of Japan with Golden Canvas Grappling followed, and he has since become a regular with them, even moving to be based in Japan so that he can concentrate on his career. [B]Finisher: [/B]Powerbomb Deathlock [B]Title History: [/B]MOSC UK Championship (4x)[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Naonobu Makuda[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]"The Pit Bull" Namboku Makuda is one of Golden Canvas Grappling's young stars, making his debut for them in 2004. He is known for his tenacity in the ring, which is how he got his nickname. Still learning his craft, his main fame so far has come in the tag team ranks, where he has formed a championship-winning regular team with the more famous Toshiharu Hyobanshi; getting to team with one of the biggest names in the promotion has helped Makuda enormously. [B]Finisher: [/B]Dangerous Brainbuster [B]Title History: [/B]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship (w/ Toshiharu Hyobanshi)[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt. [B][SIZE="4"]Henry Bennett[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Henry Bennett is nicknamed 'The Trouble From Tennessee', which is actually more of a reference to his semi-legendary drinking exploits than his in-ring reputation. He was always a decent technical wrestler throughout his career, even when he was just breaking in on the independent scene, but it has been his experiences with GCG in Japan, with whom he has been working regularly since 2002, that have allowed him to develop into more of a well-rounded competitor. [B]Finisher: [/B]Figure Four Leglock [B]Title History: [/B]none[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Julian Watson[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]"The Maverick" Julian Watson is a Canadian worker who has kept a low profile in North America, busily concentrating on building his reputation in Japan instead. Debuting for Golden Canvas Grappling in 2004 while still in his early twenties, Watson has gradually been working his way up the rankings ever since, while simultaneously improving his skills. Originally a one dimensional brawler, his years in the East have seen him develop into a good all-round performer, not to be underestimated. [B]Finisher: [/B]none [B]Title History: [/B]none[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][SIZE="3"][CENTER]Quick Kick Nakao[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Quick Kick Nakao is a young lightweight worker hoping to make an impact in Japan. As his name suggests, his lightning fast and ultra-accurate kicks are a huge feature of his work, and are a result of an extensive kick-boxing background. He has been working with Golden Canvas Grappling since 2004, but the general feeling is that he needs to bulk up (he is only 214lbs) and put a lot more work into his chain and mat wrestling skills before he can start rising up the card. [B]Finisher: [/B]Double Footed Stomp [B]Title History: [/B]none[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]UK Dragon[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]Steven "UK Dragon" Ambrose is a vastly experienced all-rounder, who has worked all around the globe since his professional debut at the age of 16 in 1991. Over time he has developed a reputation for versatility and reliability, and that has made him an in-demand worker. While he is probably best known for his run with World Level Wrestling in Japan, he has also had great runs with UCR in Europe (where he is a former champion) and ROF in the UK, amongst others. He added GCG to his resume in 2007. [B]Finisher: [/B]Dragon Drop (diving reverse DDT) [B]Title History: [/B]UCR World Combat Title, ROF #1 Contender Title, [I]ROF Championship (current), WLW Tap Out Championship (current)[/I][/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]SUKI[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]SUKI is Ryunosuke Matsuki, a technically gifted young wrestler who was trained in the Golden Canvas Grappling dojo. Instead, he went to the independent scene, where he wrestled under his real name for a year. In 2006, as well as debuting an awesome new "dickish heel" persona, he changed his ring name to SUKI to reflect the change in attitude. In 2007, GCG realized the error of their ways and invited him to compete on their first tour of the year. [B]Finishers: [/B]SUKI Special III (crossface submission), Mountain SUKI (top rope crucifix powerbomb) [B]Title History: [/B]none[/SIZE] [CENTER]
Get video codes at Bolt.[/CENTER] [SIZE="4"][B][CENTER]Larry Wood[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="3"][B]Profile: [/B]"The Mountain Man" Larry Wood is a big burly brawler from Canada, who has a great wild look about him. In reality, he is nothing like his character, as he has an IQ of 165, can speak five languages, and has a Phd in biochemistry from Oxford. He is best known for his work in NOTBPW from 1993 until 2003, when his wonderfully crazy tag team with his fictional brother Billy (Alysian Scottsfield) were massively over, and hugely successful too. He joined WEXXV in 2005 and GCG in 2007. [B]Finisher: [/B]Running Big Boot [B]Title History: [/B]NOTBPW Tag Team Titles (3x, w/ Billy Wood), NOTPBW Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup (1999)[/SIZE] The next post will be the tour schedule and title histories, to further acquaint everyone who isn't familiar with GCG of the great and storied history of the promotion...

Tour Schedule & Title History [SIZE="5"][CENTER][B]Respect Is Earned Tour Schedule[/B][/CENTER][/SIZE] [B]Monday/Week 1/January 2007 Iwata Hall (Tohoku)[/B] [B]Monday/Week 2/January 2007 Hofu Arena (Chukogu)[/B] [B]Monday/Week 3/January 2007 Doshisha Athletic Center (Kinki)[/B] [B]Tuesday/Week 3/January 2007 GCG Respect Is Earned Gifu Arena (Chubu)[/B] [B]Monday/Week 4/January 2007 Asahikawa Community Hall (Hokkaido)[/B] [B]Monday/Week 1/February 2007 Ibaraki Community Hall (Kanto)[/B] [B]Monday/Week 2/February 2007 Hofu Arena (Chukogu)[/B] [B]Monday/Week 3/February 2007 Doshisha Athletic Center (Kanto)[/B] [B]Wednesday/Week 3/February 2007 GCG Parade of Champions Saitama Sports Field (Kanto) ***CHANGED TO TOYAMA HALL (CHUBU)***[/B] [B]Monday/Week 4/February 2007 Kumamoto Athletic Center (Kyushu)[/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="5"]Title Histories[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] [CENTER][B][SIZE="5"]GCG World Heavyweight Championship[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCGWorldHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I][COLOR="Blue"]Hiroyasu Gakusha[/COLOR] (April 2006 -)[/I] [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshifusa Maeda (5)[/COLOR] (April 2002 - March 2006) [COLOR="Blue"]Naonobu Murkami[/COLOR] (August 1999 - April 2002) [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshifusa Maeda (4)[/COLOR] (June 1997 - August 1999) [COLOR="Blue"]Kazu Yoshizawa (3)[/COLOR] (August 1996 - June 1997) [COLOR="Blue"]Rip Chord[/COLOR] (April 1996 - August 1996) [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshifusa Maeda (3)[/COLOR] (August 1995 - April 1996) [COLOR="Blue"]Dread (2) [/COLOR](August 1993 - August 1995) [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshifusa Maeda (2)[/COLOR] (December 1992 - August 1993) [COLOR="Blue"]Dread[/COLOR] (July 1991 - December 1992) [COLOR="Blue"]Kazu Yoshizawa (2)*[/COLOR] (January 1991 - July 1991) [COLOR="Blue"]Sadaharu Jimbo (4)[/COLOR] (January 1988 - September 1990) [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshifusa Maeda [/COLOR](September 1982 - January 1988) [COLOR="Blue"]Kazu Yoshizawa**[/COLOR] (October 1981 - September 1982) [COLOR="Blue"]Hanshiro Furusawa (2)[/COLOR] (November 1980 - August 1981) [COLOR="Blue"]Sadaharu Jimbo (3)[/COLOR] (December 1976 - November 1980) [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshinaka Toshusai[/COLOR] (December 1976 - July 1978) [COLOR="Blue"]Hanshiro Furusawa[/COLOR] (April 1969 - January 1972) [COLOR="Blue"]Sadaharu Jimbo[/COLOR] (March 1965 - April 1969) * - Title was vacated from September 1990 to January 1991 due to Jimbo's injury. ** - Title was vacated from August to October 1981 due to Furusawa's injury. [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]GCG Openweight Championship[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCGOpenweight.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [I][COLOR="Blue"]Takayuki 2000[/COLOR] (December 2006 -)[/I] [COLOR="Blue"]Jimmy Cox[/COLOR] (September 2006 - December 2006) [COLOR="Blue"]Toshiharu Hyobanshi (2)[/COLOR] (May 2006 - September 2006) [COLOR="Blue"]Kiminobu Kuroki[/COLOR] (February 2006 - May 2006) [COLOR="Blue"]Hiroyasu Gakusha[/COLOR] (November 2005 - February 2006) [COLOR="Blue"]Toshiharu Hyobanshi[/COLOR] (July 2005 - November 2005) [CENTER][B][SIZE="4"]GCG World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship[/SIZE][/B] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCGWorldHeavyweightTagTeam.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [COLOR="blue"][I]Naonobu Murkami & Rhino Umaga (February 2007 -)[/I][/COLOR] [COLOR="blue"]Eagle Kawasawa & Jimmy Cox (Februrary 2007 - February 2007)[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Samoan Destruction Inc. (Samoan Machine & Rhino Umaga) (2)[/COLOR] (January 2007 - January 2007) [COLOR="Blue"]Nathan Coleman & Stuart Ferdinand[/COLOR] (November 2006 - January 2007) [COLOR="Blue"]Samoan Destruction Inc. (Samoan Machine & Rhino Umaga)[/COLOR] (May 2006 - November 2006) [COLOR="Blue"]Toshiharu Hyobanshi & Namboku Makuda[/COLOR] (August 2005 - May 2006) [COLOR="Blue"]Hiroyasu Gakusha & Kiminobu Kuroki[/COLOR] (January 2004 - August 2005) [COLOR="Blue"]Shotaro Ikina & Yasuhide Tayama[/COLOR] (August 2003 - January 2004) [COLOR="Blue"]Junnosuke Fukazawa & Tasuku Shinozuka[/COLOR] (November 2002 - August 2003) [COLOR="Blue"]Toshiki Shibanumo & Toshinobu Taku[/COLOR] (February 2002 - November 2002) [COLOR="Blue"]Junnosuke Fukazawa & Kimitada Yanagita (2)[/COLOR] (August 2001 - February 2002) [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshifusa Maeda & Kazu Yoshizawa (4)[/COLOR] (July 2000 - August 2001) [COLOR="Blue"]Junnosuke Fukazawa & Kimitada Yanagita[/COLOR] (February 1999 - July 2000) [COLOR="Blue"]Naonobu Murkami & Shotaro Ikina (2)[/COLOR] (August 1998 - February 1999) [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshifusa Maeda & Kazu Yoshizawa (3)[/COLOR] (May 1997 - August 1998) [COLOR="Blue"]Naonobu Murkami & Shotaro Ikina[/COLOR] (June 1996 - May 1997) [COLOR="Blue"]The Tag Team Specialists (Robert Oxford & Joel Bryant)[/COLOR] (February 1996 - June 1996) [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshifusa Maeda & Kazu Yoshizawa (2)[/COLOR] (June 1994 - February 1996) [COLOR="Blue"]The Demons of Rage (Demon Anger & Demon Spite)[/COLOR] (March 1994 - June 1994) [COLOR="Blue"]Yoshifusa Maeda & Kazu Yoshizawa[/COLOR] (January 1992 - March 1994) [CENTER][SIZE="4"]Next post ... we kick off the [B]NEW FIRE BURNING[/B] tour![/SIZE][/CENTER]

NFB Tour (January 1st, 2007) [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCC_birthplace.png[/IMG] [SIZE="5"][B]January 1, 2007 Iwata Hall (Tohoku) - 1,000 people in attendance (SELL OUT!)[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] [COLOR="DimGray"][SIZE="4"][B]Quick Kick Nakao vs. Julian Watson[/B][/SIZE] Our dark match tonight featured two up-and-comers in GCG. Watson used his bruising offense and all around skills, while Nakao tried to use his speed to take Watson off of his game. In the end, Watson's power game proved too much for Nakao, as he dispatched Quick Kick with a powerbomb. [B][I]Time: 7:52 Rating: D+[/I][/B][/COLOR] The actual DVD release began with a video hyping up the talents and accomplishments of our stars - Hiroyasu Gakusha, Takayuki 2000, Toshiharu Hyobanshi, Pistol Pete Hall, Jack Marlowe, & Jimmy Cox. Decent stuff here... [B][I]Rating: C[/I][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/BarryGriffin.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/HenryBennett.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Grades/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/SamoanMachine.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Griffin & Bennett vs. Samoan Destruction Inc.[/SIZE][/B] Our tag scene is heating up right away with Samoan Destruction Inc. staking their claim immediately for another shot at the titles. Griffin & Bennett did what they could to stem the tide, but Rhino & Machine were just too much. Everyone involved put in a great performance though, and this match was made better as a result. Machine was the victorious member of SDI, as he laid Griffin out with his Samoan Driver uber-finisher to end the match with a definitely exclamation point. [B][I]Time: 12:15 Rating: C-[/I][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ShotaroIkina.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/YasuhideTayama.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Grades/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ShingenMiyazaki.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/StuartFerdinand.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Ikina & Tayama vs. Miyazaki & Ferdinand[/SIZE][/B] This match was to originally be a non-title match with the tag champs, but Nathan Coleman chose to work the DAVE show tonight instead of staying in Japan, so Shingen pinch hit for him. Miyazaki did his best, but could not quite keep up with Ikina & Tayama, and Ikina in particular. Yasuhide was a bit off tonight, so Ikina carried his team to a decent effort. He also got the pinfall, as he introduced Shingen to his famed & feared Ikina Driver. [B][I]Time: 15:40 Rating: C[/I][/B] At the announce table, the voice of GCG, Masatake Hori, informed everyone who didn't know that Ikina & Tayama are defnitely a team to watch. Even though Tayama didn't show everything he's capable of tonight, they beat one-half of the tag champs and a more-than-capable partner handily. [B][I]Rating: E[/I][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCGOpenweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/JungleJack_alt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Grades/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/Takayuki2000.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Openweight Championship Match Jack Marlowe vs. Takayuki 2000[/SIZE][/B] Marlowe has one glaring fact on his resume - he has never won a title. Not a singles title, not a tag title, nothing. He seems very motivated to change that sooner rather than later, as he gave Takayuki 2000 a hellacious scare tonight. Takayuki had to dig down deep to find enough fortitude to withstand Marlowe's extremely physical assault. Takayuki turned the tide with a Takayuki Attack that caught Marlowe extremely off guard and stunned him enough for Takayuki to slip behind him and drive him down the canvas with a Third Degree Burn. That gave Takayuki an opening to lock in the Persian Deathlock, and he locked it in so tight that Marlowe had no choice but to tap out and draw an amazingly competitive match to a close. [B][I]Time: 16:39 Rating: B-[/I][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/Takayuki2000.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/NaonobuMurkami.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Next week Takayuki will defend his Openweight Championship against GCG legend Naonobu Murkami! [B][I]Rating: C-[/I][/B] Upon hearing this backstage, Takayuki tracked down a cameraman and put over Naonobu Murkami as being a huge threat to his title and he'll have to bring everything he can to the table next week in order to leave with his title. [B][I]Rating: C[/I][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/EagleKawasawa.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/KiminobuKuroki.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Next week, we will see two 2007 debuts. The enigmatic high flyer, Eagle Kawasawa will take on a man who may very well be the future of GCG, "Super K" Kiminobu Kuroki! [B][I]Rating: D-[/I][/B] Masatake Hori was again shown at the announce table, this time hyping up Pistol Pete Hall's resume in GCG and around the world and advancing the cause of him getting a World Heavyweight Title shot in the near future. [B][I]Rating: E+[/I][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/NambokuMakuda.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Grades/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/PistolPeteHall.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Namboku Makuda vs. Pistol Pete Hall[/SIZE][/B] Seeing as though his nickname is "Pit Bull", Namboku doesn't have any problem in the intensity department. However, he has nothing on GCG legend Pistol Pete, who definitely showed him how things are done here in GCG. Pistol Pete brutally beat down Makuda the whole match, and luckily for Makuda, ended it fairly quick the same way all of Pistol Pete's wins end - with a huge Pistol Whip Lariat. [B][I]Time: 8:11 Rating: C[/I][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/JimmyCox.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Grades/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ToshiharuHyobanshi.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Jimmy Cox vs. Toshiharu Hyobanshi[/SIZE][/B] Two of GCG's alpha males locked up in this match, which was marred by Jimmy & Toshiharu not clicking at all. Still, the quality of the two men involved made this match rise above that and still be something will definitely make its way to Stars of the Golden Canvas over the weekend. Hyobanshi in particular was extremely stiff with Cox, showing why he is in many people's eyes the uncrowned World Heavyweight Champion. Hyobanshi unleashed much of his trademark offense on Cox, and finally reigned triumphant with the Nova Bomb Redux. [I][B]Time: 12:43 Rating: B-[/B][/I] After the match, Masatake Hori climbed into the ring and had a word with Toshiharu Hyobanshi. He asked Hyobanshi his thoughts on the current World Heavyweight Champion. Hyobanshi said Gakusha is a great and feared competitor, but he thinks when the time comes, he can definitely beat him and become World Heavyweight Champion. [B][I]Rating: C+[/I][/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCGWorldHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/DarkAngel.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Grades/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/HiroyasuGakusha.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]World Heavyweight Title Match Dark Angel vs. Hiroyasu Gakusha[/SIZE][/B] This match may have seemed like a contrast in styles, but it was still was two GCG stars hooking it up. They did what they could to validate this being the main event, but in all actuality, the Cox/Hyobanshi match deserved to be in this place of prominence. Gakusha defeated the overextended Dark Angel with his Gakusha Golden Bomb to bring the wrestling to an end for the night. [B][I]Time: 21:46 Rating: C+[/I][/B] We closed the DVD release with some highlights of the main event that made the match seem much better than it actually was. Kudos to our post-production department! [B][I]Rating: B-[/I][/B] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Final Show Rating: C-[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] Other than the main event completely tanking, this was a decent to good show. We had two B- matches and two better than expected tag matches. If I can work out the kinks and make everything a bit tighter, I think I may be on the right track on my goal of elevating GCG to its former glory.

First Week of January 2007 Newswire [CENTER][SIZE="5"][B]First Week of January 2007 Newswire[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER] One-half of our tag champs, Nathan Coleman decided to go work for DAVE on Monday for their Back In Black show, and had the extreme honor of jobbing to Jesus Chavez to jerk ye old curtain in a D level match. The best matches of the show were Joey Minnesota over Sammy Bach and Eric Tyler & Eddie Peak over Big Cat Brandon & Chris Caulfield. In other news, a few more matches have been announced for Monday's next tour show. When Coleman got back from America, word is his first stop was Shingen Miyazaki's hotel room, where he chewed him out for letting down his tag partner Stuart Ferdinand. By the end of the conversation, Coleman had challenged Miyazaki to a match this week, which Miyazaki quickly accepted! Speaking of fallout from last week's show - can Ikina & Tayama continue their winning ways, this time against Griffin & Bennett. One more match that has been added is sure to be a bruising contest, as Jack Marlowe will test himself against Pistol Pete Hall! Also, our main event is now set up, as the top two matches from last week's show have been combined. Toshiharu Hyobanshi and Jimmy Cox will team up to take on the duo of World Heavyweight Champion Hiroyasu Gakusha and Dark Angel! [LIST=1] [*]Nathan Coleman vs. Shingen Miyazaki [*]Griffin & Bennett vs. Ikina & Tayama [*]Eagle Kawasawa vs. Kiminobu Kuroki [*]Openweight Championship Match: Takayuki 2000 (c) vs. Naonobu Murkami [*]Jack Marlowe vs. Pistol Pete Hall [*]Hyobanshi & Cox vs. Gakusha & Dark Angel [/LIST] Lastly, word is getting around about the rise of GCG, and consequently GCG workers are in high demand. There are rumors that many GCG workers have been contacted by other Japanese promotions, possibly some that are not on the best of terms with GCG. Who will jump, and who will stay true to GCG and help rebuild the company? Only time will tell. What we do know is that those who stay, those who are truly loyal, will be the ones who benefit when GCG is able to stand along side BHOTWG, INSPIRE, and PGHW instead of behind and looking up.

I don't know much about the japanese scene, but your roster presentation hooked me up. I'll follow your diary at least for the simple fact that I want to know a bit more about "cornellversish" Japan. Your nice and polish visual presentation really gives an additionnal reason to stick around.

[QUOTE=MrOnu;211189]I don't know much about the japanese scene, but your roster presentation hooked me up. I'll follow your diary at least for the simple fact that I want to know a bit more about "cornellversish" Japan. Your nice and polish visual presentation really gives an additionnal reason to stick around.[/QUOTE] Thank you very much. That's exactly what I was trying to do - give people a connection to a part of the Cornellverse they may not be all that familiar with. I hope I can keep that connection going though, as it's going to be rough keeping my financial head above water. The first show cost a bit more than $10,000 to run, and that's not including written contracts. We'll see...

Good to see this one back, it was your original crack at GCG, that showed me that it's possible to do a Puro fed diary and make it interesting. By the way where did you get the entrance music for your wrestlers entrance video's. Some of the choices really suit the wrestler...especially the one for Dark Angel.

[QUOTE=Tigerkinney;211412]Good to see this one back, it was your original crack at GCG, that showed me that it's possible to do a Puro fed diary and make it interesting. By the way where did you get the entrance music for your wrestlers entrance video's. Some of the choices really suit the wrestler...especially the one for Dark Angel.[/QUOTE] I got the music from firstcom.com, a production music site. All you have to do is open it up in Firefox (it didn't work in Internet Explorer) and tell the player on the site to use an external player (click the help button on the right side of the player). When it opens that (either in another window or in a seperate player) you can save the song to your computer. I do have a couple more entrance videos to put together, as I've signed a few more people to flesh out the roster for the tour.

New Fire Burning Tour, Week 2 [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCC_birthplace.png[/IMG][/CENTER] [SIZE="5"][B][CENTER]New Fire Burning Tour, 2nd Show Monday, Week 2, January 2007 Hofu Arena (Chukogu) - 694 people[/CENTER][/B][/SIZE] [COLOR="DimGray"][B][SIZE="4"]SUKI & UK Dragon vs. Samoan Destruction Inc.[/SIZE][/B] Our dark match this week featured two new acquisitions, SUKI & UK Dragon. Dragon is the more senior of the two, but SUKI has boatloads of talent. Still, the Samoans proved again why they are former tag champs here in GCG, as they mowed through the newcomers. They used their particularly stiff & brutal style of attack to wear down SUKI in particular, then Samoan Machine put him down to the canvas for the win with another huge Samoan Driver. [B]Time: 12:49 Rating: C+[/B] [/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/LarryWood.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/Hidekazu.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Larry Wood vs. Hidekazu[/SIZE][/B] The actual DVD release was kicked off with the other two GCG newbies, Larry Wood & Hidekazu. This was an extreme contrast of styles, as Larry Wood is as rough and tumble as they come, and Hidekazu is a former super junior standout for BHOTWG that fell on hard times after a catastrophic knee injury and is trying to rebuild his career. Hidekazu simply outlasted Wood this match, and got him to tap out with a single leg crab to start off this show on a decidedly average note. [B]Time: 6:38 Rating: D+[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ShingenMiyazaki.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] The cameras captured Shingen Miyazaki in the ring, who was talking briefly about the hotel room confrontation he and Nathan Coleman had. He said he'd be more than happy to do his best to shut up Coleman and send him back to America in defeat. [B]Rating: E[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/NathanColeman.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ShingenMiyazaki.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Nathan Coleman vs. Shingen Miyazaki[/SIZE][/B] Coleman chose the DAVE show last week and wasn't there to keep his partner Stuart Ferdinand from losing his match along with Shingen. Shingen did his best, but they were facing Ikina & Tayama after all, who are former tag champs themselves. Coleman had a crispness and a fire in this match, taking it to Miyazaki the whole duration. Miyazaki was as always rock solid, but he just didn't have the necessary momentum to hold off Coleman, who put Miyazaki away with his Pioneer Twist neckbreaker. [B]Time: 13:04 Rating: C[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/BarryGriffin.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/HenryBennett.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ShotaroIkina.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/YasuhideTayama.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Griffin & Bennett vs. Ikina & Tayama[/SIZE][/B] This rematch from last week was nowhere near as good as the first matchup. There was nothing obtrusively horrible about the match, it just lacked the little bit of spark that last week's encounter did. Ikina was again the most impressive of the four, as he got the win with his hugely impressive Ikina Driver. [B]Time: 13:41 Rating: D+[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/KiminobuKuroki.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Next up was a short, quick hitting video hyping up Kiminobu Kuroki, as he was about to make his 2007 debut. [B]Rating: C-[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/EagleKawasawa.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/KiminobuKuroki.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Eagle Kawasawa vs. Kiminobu Kuroki[/SIZE][/B] Both wrestlers were making their 2007 debuts in this match. The high flyer Kawasawa tried the whole match to dazzle Kuroki with his speed and daredevil attitude, but Kuroki stood his ground and eventually slowed down Kawasawa enough to start his assault. He worked over Kawasawa's head and neck with a series of snap mares, suplexes, and slams, then put Kawasawa with the coup de grace - a Kuroki Krush delayed brainbuster to cement his place as one to watch this year in GCG. [B]Time: 14:38 Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCGOpenweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/Takayuki2000.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/NaonobuMurkami.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Openweight Championship Match Takayuki 2000 (c) vs. Naonobu Murkami[/SIZE][/B] This match was a complete and utter flop, there's no way around it. Takayuki and Murkami don't mesh at all, and the match was a disjointed, convoluted mess. Murkami's offense looked weak and dated, which was really a shame. Takayuki ended up victorious, as he graciously ended the match with a Persian Deathlock that Murkami could not hope to escape from. [B]Time: 17:47 Rating: D+[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/JungleJack_alt.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/PistolPeteHall.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Jack Marlowe vs. Pistol Pete Hall[/SIZE][/B] Takayuki stated at ringside and took a seat next to Hori & Furusawa for this match. What he saw was a slightly awkward but still solid match. Marlowe & Pistol Pete should in theory have been a perfect match, two heavy hitters slugging it out in the middle of the ring. But, wrestling matches aren't wrestled in theory. Still, Marlowe looked really impressive, and seemed to be hitting harder than Pistol Pete, which is nothing short of amazing given Pistol Pete's reputation. Marlowe completed the mild shocker of a match by getting Pistol Pete up and over with a titanic Jungle Jack-Hammer for the win. [B]Time: 10:59 Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/HanshiroFurusawa.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/JungleJack_alt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Next up was Hanshiro Furusawa announcing that Jack Marlowe's showing tonight was good enough to get him a shot at Takayuki's Openweight Title next week! [B]Rating: C-[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/MasatakeHori.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/Takayuki2000.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Masatake Hori had Takayuki in the ring after Furusawa was done. Takayuki put Marlowe up as a real threat to his title, but seemed supremely confident in his own ability to turn away Marlowe's challenge. [B]Rating: D-[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ToshiharuHyobanshi.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/JimmyCox.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/HiroyasuGakusha.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/DarkAngel.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Hyobanshi & Cox vs. Gakusha & Angel[/SIZE][/B] For the second week in a row, the main event was extremely underwhelming. Again, there was nothing intrinsicly wrong with the match, it just seemed thrown together and unimportant. Some reevaluation may be necessary in the World Heavyweight Championship scene. The one newsworthy development out of this match was Hyobanshi getting the pinfall on Gakusha, which is sure to help his chances of getting his own shot at the World Heavyweight Champion in the not-to-distant future. Hyobanshi caught Gakusha with his Nova Bomb Redux for the win. [B]Time: 20:49 Rating: C+[/B] [B][CENTER][SIZE="4"]Final Show Rating: C+[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] Overall, this was a very disappointing show. Despite the decent rating, it could have been so much better if the Openweight Championship match and the main event would have gone as well as they could have given the talent in the ring. Still, the MVP of the show has to be Jack Marlowe, who got a rare pinfall victory over Pistol Pete Hall. He's already parlayed it into an Openweight Chamionship shot next week in what may very well be a showstealer. There are sure to be many more impressive matches scheduled, so stay tuned...

Week 2 Newswire [B][CENTER][SIZE="5"]Week 2 Newswire[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B] GCG is now in full swing, as the New Fire Burning tour is already two weeks in. The big stories coming out of this week's show are definitely concentrated on two of the biggest superstars in GCG - Toshiharu Hyobanshi and Jack Marlowe. Hyobanshi staked his claim for a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship by pinning champion Hiroyasu Gakusha's shoulders to the mat to gain the pinfall in their tag team match. It was obviously not for the title, but the fact remains that Hyobanshi has further cemented his status as a real threat to Gakusha's reign. Hyobanshi, along with Dark Angel and Jimmy Cox, will look to make their case even clearer this coming Monday, as they will all step into the ring with Gakusha in a huge four-way match for the World Heavyweight Championship. Whomever takes the loss will be eliminated from contention for the title, and the three remaining wrestlers will lock horns at our first supercard, which will be discussed later. Speaking of threats, Jack Marlowe is serving notice that both of the singles champions, Gakusha and Openweight Champion Takayuki 2000, had better sit up and take notice. Marlowe has put two excellent performances in a row together and has impressed GCG management so much that he'll get an Openweight Championship shot at next week's show. The next time we return to Chukogu, Marlowe might be in a much better place, as the fans there have really taken to him as one to watch. Takayuki will definitely have to show up at Doshisha Athletic Center in Kinki with a better effort than he put in this week if he hopes of leaving with his title. He put in an uninspiring showing versus Naonobu Murkami this week, which while not completely Takayuki's fault, is still very disconcerting to GCG management. With respect to the tag team division, things are stagnating slightly. To try and mix things up a bit, Samoan Destruction Inc. has been given a shot one last time at Nathan Coleman & Stuart Ferdinand's World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships. It is one [U]last[/U] shot because Samoan Machine has chosen to turn his back on GCG and sign on with BHOTWG. He has officially given his notice and his last day with the company will be Monday. Will he take one-half of the championships with him to the hated BHOTWG, or can Coleman & Ferdinand stand up for the honor of GCG and retain? In addition to next week's regular tour show, GCG first supershow of 2007 is also next week. Entitled [B]Respect Is Earned[/B], it will feature 3 hours of heartstopping, exhilarating GCG action. As of yet there is only the World Heavyweight Championship signed for the show, but the card will become crystal clear once the dust settles from Monday's show. As for Monday's show, the complete card is as follows: [LIST=1] [*][COLOR="DimGray"]Dark Match[/COLOR]: Yasuhide Tayama vs. Larry Wood [*]Shotaro Ikina vs. SUKI [*]Eagle Kawasawa vs. UK Dragon [*][U]World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships[/U]: Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. Coleman & Ferdinand (c) [*]Kiminobu Kuroki vs. Shingen Miyazaki [*][U]Openweight Championship Match[/U]: Jack Marlowe vs. Takayuki 2000 (c) [*]Pistol Pete Hall vs. Naonobu Murkami [*][U]World Heavyweight Championship Match[/U]: Hiroyasu Gakusha (c) vs. Toshiharu Hyobanshi vs. Jimmy Cox vs. Dark Angel [/LIST]

[QUOTE=MrOnu;212711]Losing Samoan Machine to BHOTWG is a huge blow, this guy is really talented. Your main event scene is now pretty clear to me, I just need to get through your undercard now.[/QUOTE] I'm glad you're into the diary. I figured the newswires would be great to sum up what I'm trying to do storyline-wise. If it works for ROH, it should work for me. The next card is already in the can, so it will be up tomorrow so I can let this card sink in a bit and maybe even get some predictions. ::crossing fingers::

Dark Match: [B]Yasuhide Tayama [/B]vs. Larry Wood [I]Tayama's a young home grown talent, Larry Wood is some grizzled has-been.[/I] Shotaro Ikina vs. [B]SUKI[/B] [I]Push SUKI, SUKI rules[/I] [B]Eagle Kawasawa[/B] vs. UK Dragon [I]Could be a good match, could be an average one depends how the crowd takes to the Junior style action, always best to go with the home grown talent.[/I] World Heavyweight Tag Team Championships: [B]Samoan Destruction Inc.[/B] vs. Coleman & Ferdinand (c) [I]You see the easy, obvious prediction here would be Coleman & Ferdinand, but I reckon this could be the 'shock' of the night, I don't know how you would get the titles back off Samoan Destruction Inc. but I reckon it could be a hot angle that could shake things up in the tag division.[/I] Then again I would not be at all suprised if Coleman & Ferdinand just made a routine title defence and send Samoan Machine packing to Burning Hammer. Kiminobu Kuroki vs. [B]Shingen Miyazaki[/B] [I]Hard one to call either way, I'll go with the one I'm more of a fan of[/I] Openweight Championship Match: Jack Marlowe vs. [B]Takayuki 2000[/B] (c) [I]With Marlowe's momentum, this is the match where the title change will be expected, but I think Takayuki will hold on here making Marlowe tap out to the Persian Deathlock[/I] [B]Pistol Pete Hall[/B] vs. Naonobu Murkami [I]Pete Hall is one of the best Gaijin's in Japan, someone who is as loved by the Japanese fans as much as their own home-grown stars, Murkami was awful in the last match and will surely be jobbed out for stinking it up in an Openweight title match.[/I] World Heavyweight Championship Match: [B]Hiroyasu Gakusha (c)[/B] vs. Toshiharu Hyobanshi vs. Jimmy Cox vs. Dark Angel [I]Gakusha faces 3 challengers, but none of them to me look ready yet to take the title away from Gakusha.[/I]

New Fire Burning Tour, Week 3 [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCG_blownup.png[/IMG] [B][SIZE="4"]New Fire Burning Tour, Week 3 Doshisha Athletic Center (Kinki) 1,000 people (SELL OUT!)[/SIZE][/B][/CENTER] [COLOR="DimGray"][B][SIZE="4"]Larry Wood vs. Yasuhide Tayama[/SIZE][/B] This dark match was a slobberknocker to say the least. Tayama found a near twin in Wood, whose experience in WEXXV says he knows a thing or two about wild brawls. Tayama may be younger, but he was the better man than Wood this day, as he defeated him with an impressive choke slam. Tayama is staking his claim as being more than just a tag team wrestlers very impressively if he can keep up efforts like this. [B]Time: 11:19 Rating: C[/B][/COLOR] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/SUKI.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ShotaroIkina.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]SUKI vs. Shotaro Ikina[/SIZE][/B] Our DVD release started off with the other half of Ikina & Tayama facing off against the impressive youngster SUKI. SUKI is definitely showing some strong skills, especially for someone his age. Still, Ikina can't be taken lightly, as the Ikina Driver can be hit at any time and send anyone down for the count. It did again this match, but SUKI is one to keep an eye on for the future. [B]Time: 8:12 Rating: C[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/EagleKawasawa.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/UKDragon.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Eagle Kawasawa vs. UK Dragon[/SIZE][/B] Relative newcomer UK Dragon had his first singles match against the always exciting Eagle Kawasawa. Kawasawa was his usual dazzling self, frustrating Dragon's attempts at taking things to the mat with graceful and extremely effective offense. Kawasawa finally wore down Dragon enough to allow him to take Dragon out with the Vision Quest for the win. [B]Time: 9:50 Rating: C-[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCGWorldHeavyweightTagTeam.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/SamoanMachine.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/NathanColeman.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/StuartFerdinand.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]World Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match Samoan Destruction Inc. vs. Coleman & Ferdinand[/SIZE][/B] The Samoans were attempting to do the improbable - take the titles from Coleman & Ferdinand in their last match as a team in GCG, as Machine is on his way to BHOTWG. They made every decision correctly this match and were more than a match for Coleman & Ferdinand's polished, sophisticated, technical offense. In what has to be an upset, Machine himself got Ferdinand to tap out to the Unbreakable Sleeper and even though they'll have to vacate, Samoan Destruction Inc. has one more run in the books as tag champs! [B]Time: 16:45 Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/RhinoUmaga.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/SamoanMachine.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Rhino & Machine celebrate for a few minutes in the ring, then at the end, leave the tag titles laying in the ring. What will happen to them? [B]Rating: E[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/HanshiroFurusawa.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Next up, Hanshiro Furusawa said that he himself will make an announcement tomorrow about the future of the World Heavyweight Tag Titles. [B]Rating: C-[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/MasatakeHori.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/KiminobuKuroki.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Next up, Masatake Hori took his turn on the mike, putting over Kiminobu Kuroki as a huge threat to anyone who stands in his way, as he is really on a roll. [B]Rating: E[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ShingenMiyazaki.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/KiminobuKuroki.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Shingen Miyazaki vs. Kiminobu Kuroki[/SIZE][/B] Kuroki's skills were on display in this match, as Miyazaki was the perfect foil for him to show every facet of his offense - his combination of hard hitting & technical soundness. Miyazaki tried his best to lock in his Ankle Lock, but it was Kuroki who ended the match with his own finisher, his variation on a Dragon sleeper he calls the Mercury Sleeper. [B]Time: 10:51 Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCGOpenweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/Takayuki2000.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/JungleJack_alt.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Openweight Championship Match Takayuki 2000 (c) vs Jack Marlowe[/SIZE][/B] This was another stellar outing from Jack Marlowe, who has put on three excellent match in a row thus far in 2007. He gave Takayuki all that he could handle in this match, and even got a long two-count after a particularly stiff powerbomb. However, Takayuki powered through and changed the momentum with a huge Takayuki Air Attack as Marlowe rushed towards the corner. Takayuki used that opportunity to take Marlowe down with a Third Degree Burn, then lock in the Persian Deathlock so tightly that Marlowe had no choice but to tap out to end an excellent match. [B]Time: 14:43 Rating: B-[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/KiminobuKuroki.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/Takayuki2000.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Kuroki stands up at the announce table and challenges Takayuki 2000 to an Openweight Championship Match at Respect Is Earned tomorrow night. Takayuki, who is still in the ring, readily accepts! [B]Rating: C[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/PistolPeteHall.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/NaonobuMurkami.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]Pistol Pete Hall vs. Naonobu Murkami[/SIZE][/B] These two old masters put on an awe-inspiring match, putting on a live lesson for everyone in attendance on how to tell a story in the ring in only a little more than 12 minutes. Pistol Pete and Murkami mesh like a million bucks, seemingly knowing what each other was going to do before it even happen. Still, it was pretty much expected who would win, as Pistol Pete got the win, of course with his vaunted Pistol Whip Lariat. It was still a great show by both men to be sure. [B]Time: 12:34 Rating: B+[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/GCGWorldHeavyweight.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/HiroyasuGakusha.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ToshiharuHyobanshi.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/JimmyCox.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/icon_vs.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/DarkAngel.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] [B][SIZE="4"]World Heavyweight Championship Match Gakusha (c) vs. Hyobanshi vs. Cox vs. Angel[/SIZE][/B] Two weeks ago, this was two seperate matches. Last week, this was a tag match. Tonight, it was a four-corners match. Unfortunately, for the third week in a row, the main event was a disappointment. For whatever reason, this combination of four wrestlers just isn't working. The finish came when Gakusha caught Jimmy Cox with the Gakusha Golden Bomb to end another underwhelming match. [B]Time: 21:46 Rating: C+[/B] [CENTER][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/ToshiharuHyobanshi.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/DarkAngel.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/gbasalmon/GCG%20Diary/Wrestlers/HiroyasuGakusha.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER] Lastly, the DVD release ended with the announcement of the main event for Respect Is Earned, a triple threat for the World Heavyweight Championship, Hyobanshi vs. Angel vs. Gakusha! [B]Rating: C+[/B] [B][SIZE="4"][CENTER]Final Show Rating: B-[/CENTER][/SIZE][/B] Thank God for Marlowe vs. Takayuki and Pistol Pete vs. Murkami, because the main event yet again stunk up the place. By removing Cox from the equation at RIE, we can check to see if he was the problem. If not, then Angel is the next one to be booted from the scene. Still, a good to great show on the strength of those two matches mentioned earlier.

A interesting twist of events by putting the tag titles on the Samoans. I didnt expect that since Machine is leaving. Pistol Pete and Jack Marlowe are the real stars of the show and I'm pretty sure they'll fill in when you find the annoying main event who keeps dragging things down.

[quote=MrOnu;213544]A interesting twist of events by putting the tag titles on the Samoans. I didnt expect that since Machine is leaving. Pistol Pete and Jack Marlowe are the real stars of the show and I'm pretty sure they'll fill in when you find the annoying main event who keeps dragging things down.[/quote] Not wanting to blow my own trumpet, but I did call this move for the tag belts, it is as they say controversry creates cash. Plus there was just something lacking , about Coleman and Ferdinand as champions. It will be interesting to see what Furusawa's announcement will be regarding the tag belts.

Archived