"Golden Boy" Arnold Skaaland R.I.P.

Bad Luck Brett

Seems like a daily thread about wrestlers passing. On a positive note, at least the Golden Boy got to live a full life. By the time I became a die-hard fan, Mr. Skaaland was in a managerial role. My biggest memory of him was throwing in the towel for Backlund Vs, Sheiky. Any old-schooler's have some Aarnold Stories? [URL="http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/skaalandpasses"]From WWE.com[/URL]

It doesn't matter if the death was not as unexpected. It's the pure quantity of well known and bigger stars dieing in such quick fashion then anything else. All these guys were pretty good to great wrestlers on top of that. They were names a lot of us grew up on. Watching on TV and tape week in and week out and being thoroughly entertained by. Doesn't matter if it's a young death or completely natural old as hell death. It still hits home. He will be missed. It's a sad day when anyone dies (which makes everyday pretty sad actually) but when it's someone you are familiar with and can connect to it triggers emotion....at least in decent people.

[QUOTE=Sartagis;210925]It doesn't matter if the death was not as unexpected. It's the pure quantity of well known and bigger stars dieing in such quick fashion then anything else. All these guys were pretty good to great wrestlers on top of that. They were names a lot of us grew up on. Watching on TV and tape week in and week out and being thoroughly entertained by. Doesn't matter if it's a young death or completely natural old as hell death. It still hits home. He will be missed. It's a sad day when anyone dies (which makes everyday pretty sad actually) but when it's someone you are familiar with and can connect to it triggers emotion....at least in decent people.[/QUOTE] I totally agree. Whether it was expected or not isn't the point. The point is it is sad for his family that he's died, and sad that the wrestling community has lost another. I'll admit I didn't see a great deal of him, a little bit as manager but not a great amount, but it is still a shame. RIP.

This year has sucked for deaths. I mean, tons of wrestlers have died. And then you've got a great singer (Brad Delp) and one of the funniest men ever (Richard Jeni) killing themselves. Not to mention, one of those wrestlers who died, killed himself. I'm with Roc. This is gonna be a long year.

Look, celebrities and wrestlers are bound to be dying at a high rate at this point in time because with the creation of TV, movies, and nationwide professional wrestling, came a generation of people who at this point in time are reaching a very volatile age. It's not surprising to me at all to see so many people dying when I sit down and reason why it would be so. To say that the number of deaths is surprising is wrong, since the number of famous people at a volatile age is higher than it has ever been and will continue to grow.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;212027]Look, celebrities and wrestlers are bound to be dying at a high rate at this point in time because with the creation of TV, movies, and nationwide professional wrestling, came a generation of people who at this point in time are reaching a very volatile age. It's not surprising to me at all to see so many people dying when I sit down and reason why it would be so. To say that the number of deaths is surprising is wrong, since the number of famous people at a volatile age is higher than it has ever been and will continue to grow.[/QUOTE] Touche.

I don't think any has said the amount of deaths are surprising. People have said it sucks and this could be the saddest year in a while for wrestling deaths. Not to many people have been surprised by any of them, except maybe Bam Bam a little (but even his isn't surprising) and Mike Awesome for sure.

Archived