UWF - United We Stand

Who will take part in the UWF Tag Team Title Tournament? Let's take a look at the teams. Crash and Burn – Ben Williams and Crash Lewis. Since coming to the UWF, neither man has accomplished much. They've been a regular tag team though, and would love to be the first team to hold the UWF Tag Team Titles. DeVillians – Cal Sanders and Switchblade Mikey. They've been at war with Tommy and Kash for the past year or so. Sienna would be mighty happy if they could bring home the gold. Side of the Bus – Leisure Suit Morty and the Gremlin. They're not much, but Morty is riding a momentum wave after beating Dazzling Dave Diamond. They're a long shot. Over the Top – Tempest Appleby and Mark Smart. Mark has been engaged in a feud with Rex Reeves, and not been available for tag matches as of late, but the team is setting their eyes on the prize. Tommy and Kash – The odds on favorites of the tournament. Tommy and Kash are both super talented and have the ability to carry anyone in the tag division. It all depends on who they are paired up against. Cruel Intentions – Gargantuan and Casey Valentine. They've been a thorn in Zack's side. Gargantuan may be the United Champion, but he wants to add the tag belts to his resume as well. Zack Macomber and ??? - Zack has promised he has a surprise waiting for anyone he faces in the first round. Mid Atlantic Experts – Al Coleman and Antonio. A hard-hitting tag team brought in specially for the Tag Team Tournament. They are a good bet to go far into the tournament.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Saturday, Week 4, April 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes Dark Match: Zack draws Gargantuan in 6 minutes. (D-) Zack hypes up Gargantuan and Casey Valentine. (E) -The Mid Atlantic Experts defeat Crash and Burn in 7 minutes. (E-) Casey and Gargantuan ambush Zack. (E-) Steve Flash makes the save! (E+) -Tommy and Kash defeat Side of the Bus in 8 minutes. (E-) Cruel Intentions brawl with Strong Style (Zack and Steve) around the entrance area. (E-) -DeVillians defeat Over the Top in 8 minutes by cheating. (E-) -Cruel Intentions draw with Strong Style in 8 minutes following a double DQ. (E+) It is announced that Cruel Intentions will face Strong Style next month. (F+) Rex Reeves challenges Mark Smart for a rematch next month. (F+) -Tommy and Kash defeat the Mid Atlantic Experts in 18 minutes. (E-) Tommy and Kash hype up the main event. (F+) DeVillians return the favor. (F+) -DeVillians defeat Tommy and Kash in 10 minutes with the help of Sienna DeVille to win the UWF Tag Team Titles. (E-) Casey Valentine hypes up Steve Flash. (E) Zack and Steve hype up Casey. (E+) -Steve Flash defeats Casey Valentine in 14 minutes. (D-) Attendance: 111 Final Rating: E+ New Tag Team champs and something for the undercard to do!

UWF: Another round of contract re-ups. Some unexpected raises. We'll work through it. Saturday, Week 4, May 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes -Mark Smart defeats Rex Reeves in 8 minutes. (E-) Rex Reeves extends his hand to Smart in respect. (F-) -Air Borne defeats Nomad in 9 minutes. (E) Nomad attacks Air Borne in frustration. (F) The Mid Atlantic Experts hype their match with Crash and Burn. (F+) -Mid Atlantic Experts defeat Crash and Burn in 7. (F+) Strong Style hype their match with Cruel Intentions. (E) Cruel Intentions return the favor. (E) -Strong Style defeat Cruel Intentions in 8 minutes. (E+) Casey and Gargantuan argue about the loss. (E-) Gargantuan vs. Steve Flash is announced for next month. (E-) Attendance: 97 Final Rating: E We're heating up. I can feel it. If only the wrestling industry wasn't in the F range... Jungle Jack out for 13 months. He was carrying CZCW and MAW, also doing strong in BHOTWG. Sucks for him. USPW Champion Darryl Devine with a torn rotator cuff. He'll be out for a year. No good. That's what he gets for working for 4C and DAVE as well.

Saturday, Week 4, June 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes Dark Match: Zack Macomber def. Nomad in 10. (D-) Steve Flash opens the show with an interview about Gargantuan. (E+) Gargantuan comes out and attacks. (E-) -Mid Atlantic Experts defeat Over the Top in 11. (F) Tempest Appleby starts an argument with Smart. (F-) Tempest attacks Mark Smart! After a moment, Rex Reeves runs out and makes the save. (F+) -Casey Valentine defeats Air Borne in 6 after a Nomad run in. (D-) Nomad attacks Air Borne and leaves him down. (F) -Switchblade Mikey defeats Kashmir Singh in 6. (D-) Gargantuan hypes up his match with Steve Flash. (E+) -Steve Flash brings Gargantuan's singles winning streak to an end in 8 minutes with the Flash Bang. (E+) Zack and Steve celebrate the victory after the match. (E-) And Gargantuan and Casey Valentine break up the celebration with an attack. (E-) Attendance: 117 Final Rating: E+ I'll take the E+. I'm still making money. I haven't yet lost money on a single month. And they tried telling me running a promotion was hard. Oh, and RIP ROF. Wow, USPW signs Wolf Hawkins and then immediately puts the World belt on him after Darryl's injury.

Saturday, Week 4, July 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes Dark Match: Tempest Appleby def. Mark Smart in 9. (E) The show starts with Gargantuan and Casey attacking Zack. (E-) -Rex Reeves defeats Nomad in 8 minutes after Air Borne makes his presence known. (E-) DeVillians hype up their upcoming match with Side of the Bus. (F+) -DeVillians defeat Side of the Bus in 7 minutes to retain. (E-) Gargantuan shows off his killer physique before his match. (C-) -Gargantuan defeats Crash Lewis in under a minute. (F+, oops) Casey hypes up his match with Steve Flash. (E+) -Casey Valentine defeats Steve Flash in 17 minutes after Gargantuan ran in. (D-) Cruel Intentions beat Steve down after the match. (E-) Until Zack runs out with ribs bandaged to make the save! (E+) The two teams stare down to end the show (E-) Attendance: 116 Final Rating: E+ Even after the mistake we pull out a good show. Poor Crash Lewis... Next month? Tag Team Extravaganza!

UWF: Where I wish I had SWF's roster... Saturday, Week 4, August 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes The show begins with a wild brawl in the ring between Cruel Intentions and Strong Style. (E-) -Tommy and Kash defeat the Canadian Destruction Squad (Appleby and Nomad) in 10 minutes. (E-) A new main event of Cruel Intentions vs. Strong Style is announced. (E) -The Mid Atlantic Experts defeat Crash and Burn in 7 minutes. (F+) Strong Style cut a promo hyping up the main event. (E) Cruel Intentions return the favor. (E+) -DeVillians defend the UWF Tag Titles against Mark Smart and Rex Reeves in 8. (E-) Strong Style are attacked on their way to the ring by Gargantuan and Casey. (E-) -Cruel Intentions defeat Strong Style after interference by DeVille in 8 minutes. (D-) Attendance: 102 Final Rating: E+ NYCW rises to regional. Good for them. Black Hat Bailey is really working out. Who led them to the top through performance? My boy Steve Flash.

Saturday, Week 4, September 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes Dark Match: Gargantuan draws with Steve Flash in 7 minutes. (D-) Nomad lures Air Borne into a trap. (F+) -The Canadian Destruction Squad defeat Mark Smart and Air Borne in 8. (E-) Gargantuan hypes himself up as the greatest wrestler in the UWF. (E+) -Steve Flash defeats Switchblade Mikey in 7 minutes. (E+) Zack and Steve talk about putting an end to Gargantuan's title reign. (E+) -Zack Macomber defeats Leisure Suit Morty in 7 minutes. (D-) Air Borne demands a match against Nomad. (F) It is accepted. (E-) -Trademark Tommy defeats Casey Valentine in 13 minutes after interference from Zack. (D-) Steve and Zack attack Casey in attempt to lure Gargantuan out. (E-) They then verbally call him out to no avail. (E) So they finish up beating Casey down. Message sent. (E-) Attendance: 112 Final Rating: D- Ooooh, D- show. Sweet!

Thursday, Week 4, October 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes Dark Match: Leisure Suit Morty def. Ground Ed in 6. (E+) Dark Match: Gargantuan draws Steve Flash in 6. (E+) Bikini Contest! (D-) Nomad lays out Air Borne before their match. (F+) -Nomad beats Air Borne in 8 with a handful of tights. (E) Zack calls out Gargantuan and Casey. (E+) They come out and attack. (E-) Steve runs out to even up the odds. (E+) -The Mid Atlantic Experts draw with Tommy and Kash in 10. (E-) It is announced that Casey will wrestle Zack tonight. (E-) -DeVillians defend the Tag Titles against Smart and Reeves in 6. (E) Zack hypes up Casey. (E) -Zack defeats Casey in 13 minutes. (D-) Attendance: 110 Final Rating: E+ You know, the Mid Atlantic Experts are really letting me down. No wonder MAW let them go. I might need to cut my losses.

UWF: Where we changed the night of next years show before we should have and are running twice in a week. D'OH! I think I'll be working a few times tonight... Can't even further the feud with Gargantuan cause he'll be in the locker room for CZCW. LAME! Saturday, Week 4, October 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes Zack tells the fans that he'll be coming after Gargantuan next month. (D-) Sienna tells Zack if he wants Gargantuan he needs to survive the gauntlet tonight. (E-) -Zack defeats Ground Ed in 18 minutes. (D-) -Zack defeats Switchblade Mikey in 7 minutes. (D-) -Zack defeats Casey Valentine in 13 minutes via DQ. (D-) A hype video for Zack is shown. (E) Mikey and Casey beat Zack down to close the show. (E-) Attendance: 84 Final Rating: D- Heh, maybe I should wrestle three times in a night more often. I'm gonna be sore in the morning. Turns out this is the first month I've lost money and I should have made more than I usually do if it wasn't for the extra show SNAFU. Oh well.

So you want to know who Ground Ed is, eh? Alright, I'll let you in on the secret. [IMG]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y7/godnightshade/EdwardCornell.jpg[/IMG] Ground Ed (F) – The cousin of “Rough Justice” Tommy Cornell. This young brawler is going to have a hell of a career and we'll be able to say it was thanks to us bringing him to the States. Right now the plan is to team with Air Borne.

Saturday, Week 4, November 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes The show begins with Air Borne and Ground Ed in the ring calling out Nomad and Appleby. (F+) -Borne and Ed defeat the Canadian Destruction Squad in 9. (E) CDS attacks Borne and Ed after the match. (F) -Steve Flash defeats Casey Valentine in 12. (D) Tommy and Kash promise a title win tonight. (F+) -Tommy and Kash defeat DeVillians in 7 to win the UWF Tag Titles. (E-) Zack does the hard sell for his match with Gargantuan. (E+) Gargantuan does the same. (E+) -Gargantuan and Zack fight to a double DQ in 7. (D-) The match is followed by a continuation brawl. (E-) Attendance: 120 Final Rating: E+ A D match and a D- match and only an E+? Lame. GCG go out of business?!?! That sucks.

Saturday, Week 4, December 2008. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes The show starts with Zack in the ring asking for a cage match with Gargantuan to start out the new year. (E+) -Tommy and Kash defeat the Mid Atlantic Experts in 11 minutes to retain their titles. (E-) Gargantuan replies to Zack's challenge with a resounding no. (E+) Zack comes out and puts his career on the line to get the match. (D-) -Tom Angelus defeats the Gremlin in 8 minutes. (F+) Gargantuan decides to accept the challenge. Career vs. Title. (E+) -Zack defeats Cal Sanders in 11 minutes. (D-) Robert McMahon hypes up the main event as Gargantuan will face Ground Ed. (E-) -Gargantuan defends his title against Ground Ed in 6 minutes. (E) Attendance: 132 Final Rating: E+ Goodbye Mid Atlantic Experts. You couldn't even muster up an E match to save your careers. Later. Antonio, I might bring you back some day because you at least have a good attitude, but I know why Coleman has been unemployed for so long.

The PWH Magazine Top 16! 1.Jeremy Stone 2.Dan Stone Jr. 3.Bryan Vesset 4.Yoshimi Mushashibo 5.Eisaku Kunomasu 6.Shuji Inukai 7.Tommy Cornell (7 matches) 8.R.K. Hayes 9.Duane Stone 10.Buddy Garner 11.Mito Miwa 12.Sensational Ogiwara 13.Nobuatsu Tatsuko 14.Remo Richardson 15.El Leon 16.Sean McFly (13 matches) Notable retirements of 2008: Whistler (One of NYCW's most celebrated is gone.) Pistol Pete Hall (He's come out of retirement once, maybe he will again. Well, maybe not.) Larry Vessey (One half of arguably the greatest tag team ever.) Sensational Ogiwara (Who's going to carry women's wrestling now?) Eric Tyler (DAVE is in trouble without him, I don't care what anyone says.) Sam Keith (A disgraceful last couple of years in wrestling.) Biggest stories of 2008: SWF gets big again, signs up a bunch of written contracts, and falls right down again. GCG go out of business after years of financial trouble. They had been around since 1965. ELPF crashes without ever getting off the ground. ROF leave the UK scene even more one sided as they go out of business.

UWF at a glance: Main Event: Gargantuan (H) Steve Flash (F) Tom Angelus (F) Zack Macomber (F) Upper Midcard: Air Borne (F) Casey Valentine (H) Nomad (H) Midcard: Kashmir Singh (F) Leisure Suit Morty (H) Mark Smart (F) Rex Reeves (F) Trademark Tommy (F) Lower Midcard: Cal Sanders (H) Ground Ed (F) Switchblade Mikey (H) Openers: Tempest Appleby (H) The Gremlin (H) Managers: Persephone Sienna Deville Announcers: Martin Theocott Robert McMahon Other: Chad Brent Reese Paige Vita Champions: United Champion – Gargantuan – since August 2007 – 9 Defenses Tag Team Champions – Tommy and Kash – since November 2007 – 1 Defense

UWF: Sean McFly gets some work as he goes to the now International TCW. I wish we had Sean McFly. Saturday, Week 4, January 2009. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes The Canadian Destruction Squad challenge Ground and Air to a match. (F) Ground and Air accept the challenge. (E-) -Steve Flash defeats Leisure Suit Morty in 7. (D-) The Canadian Destruction Squad ambush Ground and Air before their match. (F-) -The Canadian Destruction Squad defeat Ground and Air in 8 minutes. (E) Robert McMahon interviews Tom Angelus. Angelus says he's come to UWF to rebuild his career. (E) -Casey Valentine defeats Tom Angelus in 8 minutes by cheating. (E+) Zack promises victory tonight against Gargantuan. (E+) Gargantuan refutes Zack's claims of victory and tells him to kiss his career goodbye. (E+) -Zack defeats Gargantuan in 8 minutes in the cage to win the United Title. (D-) Attendance: 110 Final Rating: E+ I am the champion, my friends. And I'll keep on fighting til the end. I am the champion. I AM THE CHAMPION! Oh, am I getting carried away?

Saturday, Week 4, February 2009. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes Zack starts the show off by laying out an open challenge to any man on the roster. (D) Tom Angelus is the first out to accept the match. (E) -DeVillians defeat Side of the Bus in 7 minutes. (E-) Casey Valentine attacks Tom Angelus. (E-) Casey then makes a challenge to Zack since Tom has been attacked. (E+) -Steve Flash defeats Air Borne in 11 minutes. (D-) Zack says he agreed to the match with Tom and knows he won't be taken out by such a weak attack. (D-) Mark Smart comes out and tells Casey he wants to fight tonight too. (F+) -Casey defeats Mark Smart in 8 minutes. (E, Don't Click) After Mark submits, Casey continues the attack. (F) Casey promises Zack that he won't quit until he rules the UWF. (E+) -Zack defeats Tom Angelus in 8 minutes after a botched run in by Casey Valentine. (E+) Casey jumps in the ring after the match and he brawls with Zack. (E) Attendance: 103 Final Rating: E+ Oooh, Eric Eisen can't hold the book for his old man. I guess nepotism has its limits.

Saturday, Week 4, March 2009. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes Tom Angelus demands a match against Casey Valentine. (E) Valentine comes out and accepts. (E) -Ground Ed defeats the Gremlin in 6 minutes. (E+, Don't Click) Zack comes out and makes an open challenge. (D) -Zack defeats Cal Sanders in 9 minutes. (E+) Gargantuan hypes his upcoming match with Steve Flash. (E+) -Gargantuan defeats Steve Flash in 7 after Sienna DeVille interferes. (E+) Tom Angelus and Casey Valentine cut dueling promos. (E+) -Casey Valentine defeats Tom Angelus in 12 minutes after Sienna interferes. (D-) Attendance: 101 Final Rating: D- How was that such a good show? Oooh... I hurt Cal... he's out for almost three months. Whoops. Maybe that's why the match wasn't up to par.

UWF: Where we're not opposed to trying something to break up the tediousness of clicking between days. Thursday, Week 2, April 2009 Tommy and Kash defeat. Ground and Air in 8 minutes. (E+) Zack and Casey have a dueling promo with Robert McMahon mediating. (E+) Zack defeats Casey in 9 minutes. (D) Attendance: 219 Final Rating: D- Hmmm... we'll see how this goes. Big attendance boost before the big tournament in a couple weeks.

The Champion's Cup is up for grabs. 8 men walk in, 1 man walks out the victor. The brackets are as follows. Ricky Turner vs. Zack Macomber Nomad vs. Steve Flash Gargantuan vs. Tom Angelus Casey Valentine vs. Trademark Tommy The victor of this tournament will get the prestige boost of being the best in the UWF. Who is it going to be? We're taking predictions.

We join this scene already in progress. We're inside of a car. A small Chevy Cavalier. The backseat looking forward to be precise. Also in the car are Zack Macomber and Steve Flash. Zack's driving somewhere and Steve's along for the ride. [COLOR="Cyan"][B]Zack[/B][/COLOR]: "So, what do you think about the Champion's Cup?" [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Steve[/B][/COLOR]: "Well, I don't think you're *trying* to be MAW's bastard little brother, but I could be wrong." [COLOR="Cyan"][B]Zack[/B][/COLOR]: "C'mon Steve, I don't want to break the tournament tradition of April. Back in 2007, the fans were treated to the crowing of the first UWF World Heavyweight Champion, when I destroyed three other guys to win the honor of being the best. Hell, it's still the best received show in UWF history." [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Steve[/B][/COLOR]: "You keep telling yourself that." [COLOR="Cyan"][B]Zack[/B][/COLOR]: "Don't tell me you didn't like the Tag Team Title Tournament last year. You know it was fun to get in there with me and whoop on Garg and Casey." [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Steve[/B][/COLOR]: "Yeah, yeah, yeah." [COLOR="Cyan"][B]Zack[/B][/COLOR]: "Thanks for coming out here Steve, I really wouldn't be able to this if it wasnt for you agreeing to take a severe reduction in your normal pay." [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Steve[/B][/COLOR]: "Yeah, about that..." [COLOR="Cyan"][B]Zack[/B][/COLOR]: "Why, the UWF would be defunct right now if it wasn't for your selfless act of showing the young guys that it pays to be talented and be very nice to your friends." [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Steve[/COLOR]: "I did want to talk to you about..." [COLOR="Cyan"][B]Zack[/B][/COLOR]: "That friendship is more important than money. As long as you're helping your friend and having fun while you do it." [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Steve[/B][/COLOR]: "I hate you so much..." [COLOR="Cyan"][B]Zack[/B][/COLOR]: "That's why you're my best friend Steve. Let's blow the lid off the arena." [COLOR="SeaGreen"][B]Steve[/B][/COLOR]: "You're lucky I love my fans." Zack turns up the radio as they pull into the parking lot of the Ohio Jewish Center.

UWF: Boy, people sure want a lot of money to wrestle. This could be bad. Saturday, Week 4, April 2009. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes A tournament hype package is cued up on the projector specifically brought in for tonight's show. (E-) -Zack Macomber defeats Ricky Turner in 10 minutes. (E+) -Tom Angelus defeats Gargantuan in 7 minutes. (F+) -Steve Flash defeats Nomad in 12 minutes. (D-) -Casey Valentine defeats Trademark Tommy in 13 minutes. (D-) Another hype package is shown announcing Zack vs. Steve and Tom vs. Casey. (E) Zack says it is an honor to go face to face with his mentor. (E+) -Steve Flash defeats Zack in 13 minutes. (D-) -Casey defeats Tom in 9 minutes by cheating. (D-) Casey Valentine cuts an interview promising victory. (E) Steve Flash says that he's fought the toughest man in the tournament and won. (E) -Steve Flash defeats Casey Valentine in 14 minutes to win the UWF Champion's Cup. (D) Gargantuan and Nomad immediately run out and attack Steve. Casey joins in and they attack the victor until Zack and Tom run out to make the save. They chase DeVillians off and help Steve up. (E) Dark Match: Gargantuan draw Ricky Turner in 5 minutes. (E-, Don't Click) Dark Match: Trademark Tommy def. Nomad in 8 minutes. (D-) Attendance: 300 (SELL OUT!) Final Rating: D- Sweet. However, that Tom Angelus/Gargantuan program is off. And Ricky is going to have to show he can perform or else he will be going the way of the other MAW rejects.

UWF: It worked well last time. Thursday, Week 2, May 2009 Ground and Air defeated the Rising Sons in 8 minutes. (E+) Tom Angelus wants a match with Casey Valentine to avenge his loss in the tournament. (E) Zack doesn't stay off the show and hypes himself up. (E+) Casey cheats to pin Tom in 10 minutes. (E+) Attendance: 252 Final Rating: E+ Still working so far. Let's hope we don't burn the area out.

You may be asking yourselves: “Who are the Rising Sons?” Well, I'll tell you. They are a couple Empire Combat Academy graduates. Their names are Sadakuno Ayabito and Shunmyo Kimiyama. Sadakuno is a 19 year old middleweight regular wrestler. He's a good brawler/technician and has great physical skills. He also just happens to be a natural heel. I think he'll do very well. Shunmyo is a 20 year old large heavyweight entertainer. He has the performance and other skills down, while not being bad at wrestling. His entertainment skills could use some major work though, which is what is weighing him down. He's not much of a heel. They are managed by Brandon Michaels, who started to manage in the wrestling industry in August 2008. He's a Canadian who is rather poor at entertaining people. Luckily for him, he's a good booker, which got him his position. If he improves he'll stick around.

Saturday, Week 4, May 2009. UWF Unleashed Ohio Jewish Center, Great Lakes Switchblade Mikey starts the show by challenging Steve Flash to a match. (E) -Leisure Suit Morty defeats Ground Ed in 7 minutes by cheating. (E+) Casey Valentine attacks Zack from behind. (E-) -Tommy and Kash defeat the Canadian Destruction Squad in 13 to retain the Tag Titles. (D-) Zack challenges Casey to a fight. (E) -Steve Flash defeats Switchblade Mikey in 6 minutes. (D-) Zack and Casey do a dueling interview to set up their match. (D-) -Zack defeats Casey in 12 minutes to defend the United Title. (D) Attendance: 150 Final Rating: D- Less people than at the little show. Lame. Perhaps I should drop the ticket price back to what it was before the show. Heheh.

UWF: Jim Force in CZCW? Has Cliff lost his mind? TCW is Global, SWF is Cult. Goodbye SWF. Thursday, Week 2, June 2009 -The Canadian Destruction Squad def. The Rising Sons in 10. (E) Gargantuan angers the fans with his pose down. (C-) Zack comes out and issues a challenge to Gargantuan. (E) -Zack defends his United Title by beating Gargantuan in 6 minutes. (D-) Attendance: 226 Final Rating: D-

Archived