A Mod I'm Working On

I've never been known round here for helpign out with mods or anything even though I'd be happy to but I decided to create a mod of my own. Something that I'm good at which is making up names, biographies, matches, etc. So I started my own version of the CornellVerse (different wrestlers, promotions, titles, etc.) There are only a few wrestlers that are made at the moment but all have been thought out and worked on pretty hard. Please tell me if you guys are interested in this because I would love to release it.

[QUOTE=The-619;213372]Well I like the site but really I'm looking for custom made ones like hte ones they do in the Render Thread although I'm quite unsure that all the workers I want in the game would have pics if I did it all there.[/QUOTE] I think there is a reason why that the people in The Render Thread dont really want to a whole mods worth of pictures. And that reason is 'time'. You say your making your own version of the Cornellverse, something that has *checks* 1,478 (depending on mods used) workers in it. But im sure that you probably wont do that many workers.. Maybe 700 or so prehaps depending on how fleshed out your world is. For someone to do the render, they would have to spend at least an hour mininum working on it, checking it, doing post work, cutting and uploading it to you. 700 renders = 700 hours easy. 700 hours = 21 days of non stop 24 hour rendering. Thats A LOT to ask of someone. Then again, some people only do a picture or 2 a day so you would have to wait a year at least to get them all done. But who would want to do a render EVERY single day without getting fed up doing this for nothing. Its the reason apparently why the original designer of the TEW workers stopped doing it. Oh and who would do all the requests that come into The Render Thread while someone works on just your mod which is unknown and untested? [QUOTE][I]If you wish to use data or graphics that somebody else has created, you must get their permission. If you release a mod that breaks this rule and the owner makes a complaint against you, you will be given three days to either remove it or alter it, otherwise the thread will be deleted and you will be given a 1 point warning.[/I] By Adam Ryland about modding.[/QUOTE] Just incase you thought about using the pictures ALREADY in The Render Thread

I think you will probably get a better response if you finish the mod, then worry about getting pictures. I suspect that most people who have the ability to make pictures are well aware that the amount of fantasy databases that get started but then die when the creator realises how long they take is extremely high, and aren't going to waste their time until they actually know the database will be completed. You can't really expect to get someone to spend huge amounts of their free time to make a massive amount of pictures for you without being able to show you're committed.

Yeah, I'm working on a Mod right now, that may require help with pic's later... I'm not interested in that stuff right now (outside of the little things I do when I want a change). I am really interested in getting into the render thread though, but trying to get some real good progress done on the mod I'm working on. And Mod's do take alot of time, especially when your trying to make them come out believable and playable, for more then a year or two. I had NO IDEA how long it would take, even after witnessing the DOTT Mod being worked on (or I should say the DOTT Update for 2007). They had most of the work already done, and it took them a couple of months time. Imagine starting from Scratch!! So to back Adam up on what he said, Finish the mod and If I'm not up to my eyeballs in another project, I would be glad to help you out with some Poser Render's for your mod:-).

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;213516]I think you will probably get a better response if you finish the mod, then worry about getting pictures. I suspect that most people who have the ability to make pictures are well aware that the amount of fantasy databases that get started but then die when the creator realises how long they take is extremely high, and aren't going to waste their time until they actually know the database will be completed. You can't really expect to get someone to spend huge amounts of their free time to make a massive amount of pictures for you without being able to show you're committed.[/QUOTE] Thanks. That was much more eloquent way of saying it.

I don't want someone to spend all that time working on my mod, hell I never said I wanted 700 pics done, I never was really forcing anyone to help me out I was just asking if anyone would. But progress wise I'm currently working on a Regional Mexican promotion and the top three American promotions. I've made about 10 workers, just need to finalise everything for them, made the Titles for all the promotions so far... Started Title Lineages. I don't have alot of time on my hands until the weekend where I will start to work lots on this.

Archived