World of Mixed Martial Arts FAQ

So, what's the game about?

WMMA is a series of PC-based management simulators set in the world of Mixed Martial Arts. The player takes control of an MMA company, and is in charge of just about everything to do with its running, including hiring fighters, match making, marketing, and so on. The original WMMA game was released in 2007. WMMA2, the sequel, will be released in 2009.

So it's a bit like the Total Extreme Wrestling series?

Yes. Essentially, this could be described as "TEW meets MMA", although obviously there's a lot of differences due to the fact that wrestling and MMA are two entirely separate industries.

I've not heard of MMA before?

You may be more familiar with MMA \ Mixed Martial Arts by the name "Ultimate Fighting", it is a combat sport. The Wikipedia article on it is here.

I'm an MMA fan who has come to these boards because I've heard of the new game, but I've not heard of Adam Ryland or Grey Dog Software before - what's going on?

Briefly, Grey Dog Software is a company that produces PC sports strategy games, where the emphasis is on brain power rather than your ability to button-bash a controller into submission. I (Adam) have been writing pro wrestling simulators for over a decade, and have been doing Grey Dog's wrestling line since the company was launched. Both mine and Grey Dog's reputation is based upon attention to detail, immersive gameplay, high replayability and excellent customer service. And high levels of sarcasm (well, that's just me, not the company :) ). WMMA was my first game outside of the world of pro wrestling.

Can I actually control the fights?

No. WMMA is based on the concept that you are in control of the organisation, not a specific fighter.

Do you have details on the release?

WMMA was released on the 8th December 2007. WMMA2 is scheduled to be released sometime in the first half of 2009.

Does the game come with real fighters and companies?

No. As with TEW, I do not have the licensing to include real names from the UFC, PRIDE, or other organisations. The game comes with one fictional universe, and as with all my games, comes complete with a full editing suite.

Can I purchase this game with PayPal?

I'm pleased to announce that by popular demand we've been able to put together a package so that people will be able to purchase the game via PayPal. If you would like details on how to do this, please contact Grey Dog Software's CEO Arlie Rahn (Arlie@greydogsoftware.com).

We would like to make it clear that at the moment this option is only meant for people who cannot purchase the game by any of the regular methods. Due to the extra processing that this option involves, there may be waiting period between your payment reaching us and a license being issued. Therefore, if you can pay via the preferred method of credit card (where the license is issued is almost instantly) we strongly advise that you use that option.