Popularity ideas......

Popularity will be a huge factor as to whether people will come or pay for a fight but what factors should play a role in popularity? 1st we have allot of popularity build-up(not connected to actual fighting, skills or wins) 1) Where he is from. If you are fighting in the US in Las Vagas it will help being from there. 2) Where and with who you trained. Your backround. So being trained by so and so and coming out of a gym with allot of history will help. 3) Amature histrory. Taking part and winning or doing well in some respected, "independent" amature events. 4) Hype. Either through the mass media or by some respected fighter. 5) Rumors. Some type of random events. Sometimes even bad ones which enhance your popularity. 2nd we have the actual fighting skills 1) Carisma. The "X" factor of being able to hype or bring in the crowds. 2) Menace or Look. Sure this is not wrestling but nether the less. Looking the part or particularly danegerous does always help. 3) Agressivenes. A guy which really goes at is and trys for the knock out attracts more interest than those which "work" a match. 4) Wins. People like winners! 5) How you won. Especially knock outs. People want to see knock outs not point wins. 6) Who you won. Beating talented, popular fighters helps! 7) What you won. Titles, tournaments ect.

Ya every fighter should have a Charisma rating. So that marketability will be easier when you have a popular fighter everyone likes ex. Rampage everybody loves his humor and Cro Cop everyone is a fan of what he does inside to the other fighter. But someone like Tim Sylvia can't draw out main events because everybody hates him and because he is not a very exciting fighter so what should effect the charisma rating is there ability in the press room and the way they fight if its an exciting stand up fighter people will ove him. If it's an aggressive ground whiz people will love him but someone who fights not to lose not so much get my point?

[QUOTE=Rampage_Slam;217364]Ya every fighter should have a Charisma rating. So that marketability will be easier when you have a popular fighter everyone likes ex. Rampage everybody loves his humor and [B]Cro Cop everyone is a fan of what he does inside to the other fighter.[/B] But someone like Tim Sylvia can't draw out main events because everybody hates him and because he is not a very exciting fighter so what should effect the charisma rating is there ability in the press room and [B]the way they fight if its an exciting stand up fighter people will ove him. If it's an aggressive ground whiz people will love him[/B] but someone who fights not to lose not so much get my point?[/QUOTE] That's not charisma though. Tito, Rampage, etc.'s antics, good talking, etc is charisma. While Cro Cop is very popular for his way of wins that doesn't mean he is charismatic. Cro Cop has the charisma of a wet cardboard box, which isn't a bad thing in fighting as he is focused. Like with anything else for MMA, it's a tricky stat. While you can have someone extremely flamboyant like Charles Bennet... you also have the Cro Cops who are stern and people tune in for their match ups, not for what they'll do next.

[QUOTE=rjhabeeb;217384]Amatuer History should really not matter im a a huge and knowledgeble MMA fan and i rarely know anything about a fighters amatuer fights i only know of there accomplishments in other TMA's[/QUOTE] Let me re-phrase i meant something like in TEW, when a guy which had won an olympic medal or something like that. In other words people which had taken part in other fighting diciplines unrelated to a MMA promotion(maybe not exactly amature as such). Any exposure in general helps in a fighters profile and popularity Come think of it i quite like the list i made of suggestions related to popularity!!!

Guest kungfuchef
When it comes to Crocop I agree with Rampage_Slam. Crocop is a private guy, but is as he said funny as hell.;)

[url]http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/cro%2Bcop/video/xk47h_mirko-cro-cop-punks-mauro[/url] the title says all here **warning** this does have a little bit of swears from mauros mouth [url]http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/cro%2Bcop/video/xlqxi_mirko-cro-cop-japanese-coffee-comme[/url] japaneese coffee commercial once i find the actual video I want you to see i'll just show theese

Never saw those videos, that's a heck of a rib, poor Maruo. That still doesn't change my thoughts on his charisma. That was something done within the organization, the commercial didn't really do much, but if you look at all his fights and such, people aren't tuning in because he is a charismatic character. They tune in for LHK. However it's a moot point as we both agree charismatic fighters and good, exciting fighters sell the fights. Seeing as there would be a licensing issue anyway, discussing his individual charisma would be a bit pointless, :p Thanks for the videos though, that was quite humorous.

Archived