Hall Of Fame

Okay, so it looks like the other one has died. I have to admit, I didn't like the way it was run, but it was a nice idea. So with a bit of tinkering, I wouldn't mind taking the job on. I was thinking that it should be less competitive and based more on nominations, not head to head. So I think the way to do this would be everyone gets three votes, which can be any diary on either TEW05 or TEW07. You rank them first to third, with first getting 3 points, second 2 and third 1. Everyone then PMs me their three, and I will add up the totals. The three with the most points get inducted into the hall of fame. What do you think of this style? Putting this question truly out to the audience, as I don't have a clue- should it be the diary that is inducted or the author? Do you even think we should have a Hall Of Fame? If anyone has any ideas then please let me know, because I think we should do the best we can to fit with what everyone wants from it.

the author should be inducted with a list of diaries done by the author included. If we did inductions by diary then a problem becomes the same set of authors being recognized each time because they have more than one diary being inducted.

Okay then, as it seems to be going down quite well (no arguments against it yet) I might as well get this bad boy underway as soon as possible. Here are the rules; [LIST] [*]You get to choose three diary WRITERS that you think are worthy of the Hall Of Fame. [*]Rank them and PM me your choices, with your favourite first, second second etc. Number them so I know for sure who you wnated first. [*]Your favourite will get three points, second two, third one. [*]The three writers with the most points will be inducted. [*]You can vote for yourself, but only if you genuinely believe you are one of the three most worthy of induction to the Hall Of Fame. [*]Post on this thread to say you have PM'd. That way the topic can stay near the topic without having to say "bump" every few hours. [*]I'll close it in a weeks time, so Sunday 8th April 2007, at some time between 4pm and 10pm. I can't be more precise as I don't know what I'm doing that day. [*]Nominations can be Cornellverse, real world, or a mixture of both. [*]Please take it seriously. [*]There are no rules on longevity or posts. If you think the most worthy is someone who started their first diary today and have only posted in it once, it's your call. [*]A new thread will be started in a weeks time announcing the first ever inductions into the GDS Total Extreme Wrestling Dynasties Hall Of Fame. [/LIST]

Hall of Fame imo should be for diaries, not the diary writers in general, one writer could have one hall of fame worthy diary and another thats not. Typically hall of fames for this type of section of a forum, would be for hall of fame worthy diaries, not for writer in general. Anyway tis just me opinion, just seems wrong this way. :)

[QUOTE=berrysi;218952]Hall of Fame imo should be for diaries, not the diary writers in general, one writer could have one hall of fame worthy diary and another thats not. Typically hall of fames for this type of section of a forum, would be for hall of fame worthy diaries, not for writer in general. Anyway tis just me opinion, just seems wrong this way. :)[/QUOTE] i agree with this but have still nominated my choices but have also said the diaries i have nominated them for but i totally agree with berrysi 1 person might have 1 good hall of fame worthy diary but also have 10 bad ones so it shuld be the diaries that get inducted not the writers.:D

[QUOTE=berrysi;218952]Hall of Fame imo should be for diaries, not the diary writers in general, one writer could have one hall of fame worthy diary and another thats not. Typically hall of fames for this type of section of a forum, would be for hall of fame worthy diaries, not for writer in general. Anyway tis just me opinion, just seems wrong this way. :)[/QUOTE] I understand what you're saying, and I appreciate what your saying, but I think diary writer alone is working. Honestly, the people that have been nominated for so far have had one, two, three maybe four diaries, but all have been a hit. At the end of the day, whoever has done enough to get enough people to vote for them as an author of a diary deserves to be nominated. Besides, there is already a C-Verse and Real-World diary of the month award floating around. Maybe an award for the writers, once a year in April (around Wrestlemania time and WWE Hall Of Fame time) can't be a bad thing. However, thanks for the feedback, your opinion has been noted. Don't forget everyone that the nominations have been started and so far it's ridiculously close. At this point, any could win, and I mean that. It's so open.

[QUOTE=keefmoon;219015] Besides, there is already a C-Verse and Real-World diary of the month award floating around. Maybe an award for the writers, once a year in April (around Wrestlemania time and WWE Hall Of Fame time) can't be a bad thing. [/QUOTE] I would personally do this at least every six months especially with only 3 getting in at a time. I say that because if this is being done once a year people will forget about this and maybe lose interest in this. I say this because, even though this is a great game and cool board I don't see people sticking around for five years just to see that they are #15 in the "hall of fame" just my thought

[QUOTE=berrysi;218952]Hall of Fame imo should be for diaries, not the diary writers in general, one writer could have one hall of fame worthy diary and another thats not. Typically hall of fames for this type of section of a forum, would be for hall of fame worthy diaries, not for writer in general. Anyway tis just me opinion, just seems wrong this way. :)[/QUOTE] Well the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame doesn't induct albums, they induct bands

[QUOTE=mystic;219070]I would personally do this at least every six months especially with only 3 getting in at a time. I say that because if this is being done once a year people will forget about this and maybe lose interest in this. I say this because, even though this is a great game and cool board I don't see people sticking around for five years just to see that they are #15 in the "hall of fame" just my thought[/QUOTE] And what a good thought it was, too. It makes a lot of sense for sure, and who knows who will be here in a years time? Anyway, that's something to think about in 6 months time, and once again it should be put out there for the vote as to when people want it done.

This is just a reminder to say that when you PM me with your nominations you need to leave a message on this thread saying you have, to keep it near the top. Some people have but most have not. And I can't tell you just how close it is at the moment. Only four points separate the top six, and already six different people have been nominated in first. If you haven't voted yet then don't forget, one vote could determine who is inducted and who isn't.

[QUOTE=infinitywpi;220127]To be honest, having a Hall of Fame for dynasty writers is like having a Hall of Fame for Aerosmith tribute bands, when you think about it.[/QUOTE] Hmm... sort of. I get the analogy, but it's not quite right. When you think about it, the GDS Hall Of Fame equivilent to a Hall Of Fame for Aerosmith tribute bands would be a Hall Of Fame for TNA Diaries only. The musical equivilent to this hall of fame would be for cover bands anywhere and everywhere. That considers subjects as broad as The Beatles, Snoop Dog, Metallica, Cat Stevens, Don Williams, Ravi Shankar etc. The authors have use dsubjects such as WWFE, TNA, WCW, ECW, OVW, ROH, SWF, TCW, DAVE, NYCW, MAW, USPW, INSPIRE etc etc, so it's pretty broad. And a Hall Of Fame for cover bands isn't such a ridiculous idea. I think this is a great reward for people who have shown immense creativity and dedication. On that topic, keep your nominations flooding in people, this one will go right down to the wire and after seeing how many different people post on certain dynasties compared with the amount of nimonations, we are getting a fair representation. Even if you only like one, then just nominate that one. It would be a shame for worthy writers which huge fanbases to get misse dout because people haven't bothered to nominate them.

Just two days to go now, so please, please, please if you haven't voted then do. Even if you only want to vote for one then do that. It would be a shame to see your favourite not get inducted because you just didn't bother. There are hundreds of forum users out there and certainly not hundreds of nominations, so if you haven't yet you still have time. Just don't leave it until it's too late.

[QUOTE=James Casey;221596]Ba-da-bump! And my noms were for 3rd, 2nd and 1st, rather than 3pts, 2pts 1pt, in case that wasn't clear.[/QUOTE] It wasn't. But it is now :p Votes have all been counted, and oh my, isn't it close?! Without exagerration, one vote could tip it either way. So if you haven't voted yet, you still have 26-32 hours left to vote.

Archived