Corner people? Ring girls?

Adam, I was wondering if you intent on having the corner people for the game? Mainly because if so are they going to have profile and the need for pictures? Same goes for ring girls. I guess they would be like managers so I am assuming you are going to include this feature? Could you just clear this up for me? Also if this has been asked before I am sorry and was just wondering, my head has been planted in the WMMA render section at most times.

A ring girl that is overweight or fugly looking could send people away. I mean maybe when you are first starting up you could set up who will be the ring girl tonight, and depending on her basic stats it could add something to the overall of the show or card kind of like an Announcer? Just a thought.

[QUOTE=machinesxe;222941]A ring girl that is overweight or fugly looking could send people away. I mean maybe when you are first starting up you could set up who will be the ring girl tonight, and depending on her basic stats it could add something to the overall of the show or card kind of like an Announcer? Just a thought.[/QUOTE] I could be wrong in this but I don't think people come to MMA events to ogle the ring girls much less leave when they're not up to standard. They're there for the fight, if they wanted to look at barely clothed women they'd go to a strip club.

[QUOTE=Doc Scurlock;222950]I could be wrong in this but I don't think people come to MMA events to ogle the ring girls much less leave when they're not up to standard. They're there for the fight, if they wanted to look at barely clothed women they'd go to a strip club.[/QUOTE] As much as I agree with this thought, unfortunately some people would come and be effected by the ring girl. I'm not sure if it should be a feature though.

No, ring girls won't be in - I don't understand the "what if they're not attractive" comments at all, if they weren't then they wouldn't be employed in the first place. It's hardly hard to find an attractive local girl willing to carry a board around for an evening for some cash. They would add nothing to the game. Corner men won't be defined, it's an unnecessary level of detail.

Thought of this topic the other day when I was watching an advert for cage fighting in the UK. 60 second advert with 2 seconds of match footage (2 x roundhouse kicks to the head) and 58 seconds of footage of busty models in tight t-shirts/corsets. Some of which was repeated...

IF ring girls were included I think they would be used to transition between fights. Right now as it stands it's pretty much going to be fight fight fight, right? No angles to "interplace that." Now with ring girls you could work it one of two ways a) IF there were going to be "angles" per se (mostly interviews and hypes) then you could include some cheap t/a bikini contests to draw more of the entertainment crowds. b) If not a) a good ring girl could help keep the audiences adrenaline pumping between matches to keep the excitement and energy up. A bad ring girl, or no ring girl at all would result in a drop in audience's mood between fights. Let's be honest, pretty girls get the blood flowing for those interested in that sort of thing, and I'd wager that a large portion of MMA audiences enjoy seeing a little bit of sensual skin between a match. Not saying it's the only reason to go, but it does help break up from the constant violence while keeping the blood flowing. SO ring girls obviously wouldn't be assigned to fighters like corner men would be, but having one or two would be needed to help keep the audience entertained. Also, about corner men, in order to keep it from having every single worker needing one, they would be used like managers, but they would substitute for "intelligence" or "psychological" feats by identifying weak points in the opponent for their inept in-ring counterpart.

I have a feeling that regardless of whether or not the ring girl is "good" or "bad," such performances would hurt the entertainment value of the show. Anything that's not a fight or hyping up a fight is seen as wasted time by most fans.

[QUOTE=asdfx3;225346]I have a feeling that regardless of whether or not the ring girl is "good" or "bad," such performances would hurt the entertainment value of the show. Anything that's not a fight or hyping up a fight is seen as wasted time by most fans.[/QUOTE] i agree 100%! every fight should have a prefight buildup, whether it be pretaped interviews with the fighters, or predictions from other fights or celebrieites. it could even be hype for matches later on the card, or for other cards.

Archived