• CZCW
    • NOTBPW
    • ROF
    • SWF
    • TCW
    • UCR
    • WLW
    • Create my own fed again

I need help.. I have tried a few promotions over the last few months with little longevity such as DaVE & my Deliverance diaries.. Im trying to find something that people will want to read and that i will enjoy. So im hoping that people will vote in the poll (that im hoping will appear) and i can work from there

Well man I dunno...This may sound kinda dumb but I think it depends somewhat on what your about.... I too have tried a TON of different diaries... I mean back in the TEW 04 days I went from WCW to TCW to DAVE to UCR to GCG to WWF to jeez man I must've hit them all! Some two or three times! It never worked out... I think part of it is you gotta write something so that no matter if anybody else digs it or not and whether nobody is checking it out, you keep going and adding a piece every so often... I mean, some people have diaries that have been around for ages and it seems like nobody cares about them and nobody comments but to the writer they keep plugging away which is awesome... and the other part is, well, do you like the puroresu style and dig other forms of culture and perspective on sports/wrestling and style, ya know? That'd be something to think about with Japan and Europe. Also In C-VERSE England seems like theres a good deal of uncharted territoy with alot of potential... Theres a host of colorful characters out there to mess around with and good workers at the same time (Adam Matravers, DJ Reason, Suicide Agent, Genocide Agent, Trance and Rave, Maxx, Merle O'Curle, Davey Celtic, Red Dragon etc. etc.) and if ya wanna take it back to the good ol USA...do you like the more mainstream stuff? You ever check out ECW back in the day (not the modern version)? Or you wanna get real rustic? Maybe go with something small.. I dunno just thought I'd offer some words so you thought about what i said a bit instead of just charging into a poll result..

Thanks.. Im not saying that im gonna pick the winner.. Could just use some guidance.. I originally tried ROF and just never liked it.. I then created my own fed in england which i had a blast with but i screwed up the conversion to 07 and it just never felt right after that. I tried DaVE and never really liked them and then NYCW which just seemed boring. Next i tried a created womens fed but again after writing up the start i just couldn't get into them.. Im usually a small fed and have never played as SWF, NOTBPW or TCW

ROF is quite a tough one to do tbh, largely because there are no angles, so if like me writing up the actual match's is not your strong suit then they are definatly to be avoided. I would choose them just to have Adam Matravers on my roster though, the guy is a legend!

OK...the following ideas are ones that I considered myself for dynasties, and almost executed. Let me preface this by saying that I suspect Clarity enjoys user-created feds more than the C-Verse feds, not because they're better then the default ones or for challenge, but rather simply because he's the creative type! Then again, I'm probably wrong. Oh well...the idea is user-created feds by not starting from scratch with indy talent. Rather, the premises / back stories are: 1.) Created fed MERGING NYCW & CZCW. The idea was that Stomper, after being at this game for X # years was tired that NYCW has not been more successful over the years. Cliff Anderson of CZCW shares similar feelings 'we should be bigger & better' feelings. So they decide to merge the two. Now you have decisions to make. What will this marriage be called? Base it in the West Coast or East Coast? Who makes the cut? Will you merge the titles? What will the product be? Can you make a merged product like this work? Fun times, fun times. 2.) Same idea, except w/ MOSC & ROF over in the UK. After getting screwed over by 21CW's Jeff Nova (stealing all their best talent), MOSC & ROF agree to merge to kick his strongman arse. Again, product? Name? Were will the promotion be? Who makes the cut? Just some wacky ideas. Perhaps neither will appeal to you, who knows. Thought I'd share, however. I'm sure you'll find something that appeals to you.

Would that be: [COLOR="Blue"]N[/COLOR]ew [COLOR="blue"]Z[/COLOR]one [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]hampionship [COLOR="blue"]W[/COLOR]restling, [COLOR="blue"]N[/COLOR]ew [COLOR="blue"]Y[/COLOR]ork [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]oastal [COLOR="blue"]W[/COLOR]restling, [COLOR="blue"]N[/COLOR]ew [COLOR="blue"]Y[/COLOR]ork [COLOR="blue"]C[/COLOR]oastal [COLOR="blue"]Z[/COLOR]one [COLOR="blue"]W[/COLOR]restling.. Lists endless and kinda interesting in an old meets new kinda way

Here's an idea that was put to me but I chose 5SSW sim in awhile and then take over as head booker of one of the new feds that pop up. It'll give your C-Verse a different landscape from the start and a chance to play a fed that no one else has really tried. However I tried it with low booker rating and couldn't get hired, you might have to make sure you have at least average or higher to get the job.

[QUOTE=Clarity;223083]Problem with that is the fact that the only one that looks remotely interesting is Phoenix Wrestling Company[/QUOTE] You could go into Edit Data and adjust the year that Phoenix wrestling company enters the Cornellverse to 2007. As a general comment, your most successful diary was your PWA one, and since then you've bounced around from diary to diary without ever sticking with anything, you just need to find something and stick with it. Looking at your past diaries, you seem to like backing the little guy,as opposed to taking over one of the big guns and having to work with a big roster. As you also tend to keep your match write-up's brief and often put more work into the wrestlers characterisations and promo's I would suggest you avoid a fed that is 90-100 % matches, so I wouldn't suggest ROF or any of the Puro feds. I think the main thing here is aswell, is to try something where you can put your own mark on it...if you do another CZCW diary you are already competing with several other CZCW diaries already on this board, the same applies to DAVE or NYCW.

[quote=Clarity;223098]Tigerkinney.. You tried TCW. How did you find them?[/quote] I tried them out in the 2005 game, but not in this one. It's simply a case of whether or not you can handle the big roster...they have some good talent Tommy Cornell (goes without saying), Troy Tornado, Wolf Hawkins, Ricky Dale Johnson and the Wrestling Machines (Brent Hill & Human Arsenal) But there is also a fair share of dross Nation of Filth, Rocky Golden (Cornell apparently moves them to a Traditional in-ring based product and he goes and not only signs but pushes this hoss ?!) The World Title scene is still pretty strong and the International Title can be used as a stepping stone title to put help a mid-carder step up into the main event. The Tag team's are so-so in my opinion...the Machines are talented but beyond them it's all plodding heavyweight tandems [I](Painful Procedure)[/I] or lightweight jobber combo's[I] (The Young Guns). [/I] The All Action Division is a bit of an afterthought at the moment with the title set to low prestige and Modern set to low in the product settings....personally if it was me I would push the division a bit more by raising Modern to Medium in the product settings, raising the title to a mid-card title and signing some indy talent from the likes of CZCW, because the likes of Plague/Insane Machine are better than what is at TCW already, in terms of Cruiserweight/X-Division style wrestlers.

TCW's roster doesn't seem that huge when you compare it to SWF's. 37 compared to 48. I do have an idea for TCW. Im thinking of keeping the World Heavyweight & International Titles but drop the All Action title in favour of the Cruiserweight Championship.. Its an older championship and i think it would work better with the new TCW

Archived