Ignore List

DocStevens

I am not sure about everyone else but a wonderful feature of these forums is the [B]Ignore List[/B]. It is located in your [B]User CP[/B] menu options. Click on the Ignore List and then you can add the name of any member(s) of the forums you want to the list. From there any post that a member of your Ignore List makes will NOT appear when you visit the forums. So if you find certain users to be very offensive, simply add them to your list and you will no longer be bothered by their threads! This would also seem like a simple solution for all of the recent trouble as offensive posters can easily be avoided by using this feature. It is well worth the 30 seconds it takes to add someone to the list. Heck some people might even add me to the list but if that improves their enjoyment of the forums then that is ok by me! I have just begun using this feature and can say that I am once again enjoying the GDS forums, especially Off Topic, and I strongly recommend this feature to everyone!

Same here Panix. I usualy just read, and [i]try[/i] to keep posting in diaries to a min. On to the topic of this thread. Eh, I don't want to use the ignore list. I can read something that upsets me without responding in kind. (not saying I didn't want to add my two cents, but I held back). I still love these forums. They are one of the few I visit, were I'm not in some position of power. Means I don't have to deal with the headache of moderating.... :)

I'm always hesitant to use ignore because generally people on here are pleasant and sensible its just that the little alarms inside don't always kick in. :) That said, I remember a while back posting that I thought people were getting rather snarky on these boards, seems kind of silly now in light of what I've been seeing recently which eclipses that entirely. I must admit it has put me off contributing/visiting as much as I did but I guess it shouldn't really. These boards are nowhere near as bad as others, I just think people need to realise that we will never all agree on things totally and maybe we should afford others a little of the respect we all want ourselves. Argument is good, but best when it is reasoned and open minded. *shuffles away to read Panix' diary*

[QUOTE=TheEdgeOfReason;223664]Just wondering what exactly does the buddy list do?[/QUOTE] Experiment and find out. -edit- from the faq [quote] The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "Open Buddy List" in "Quick Links" menu of the navbar, you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by viewing their profile or by going to "Buddy / Ignore Lists" in your "User CP". [/quote]

Archived