TNA: The Return Of Pro-Wrestling

Note to all readers. To stop from stepping all over current TNA storylines I am starting this diary three months in the future (I started in April) in the month of June as TNA gears up for Slammiversary. A lot has happened in the past few months and its time we catch up. TNA and the NWA have finally parted ways and in an elaborate ceremony, TNA awarded the TNA World Heavyweight Title to Christian Cage and the TNA World Tag Team Titles to LAX. Bryan Danielson won the NWA World Heavyweight Title in a tournament that the NWA set up in the month of May. After months of hearing the fans outcry, TNA owner Dixie Carter has stepped in for the first time in company history. She has been known to back the booking committee 100% in the past, but after the constant warnings from the fans that the storylines have been bordering on plain old stupid and confusing, she has decided to put her foot down. The booking committee in TNA has been in disarray for a while now with no real head booker in place. Dutch Mantell has been writing the shows with Jeff Jarrett. Vince Russo has been submitting various storylines and they were approved and disapproved as Mantell and Jarrett seemed necessary. Now TNA has an official Head Booker that answers only to Ms. Carter herself. That man is Robert Nigro, a relative unknown in this industry who’s only previous experience was with a failed small company called the Revolution Wrestling Federation that he ran with his brother-in-law. The company was known for putting on solid cards but Nigro did not have the finances to keep the Fed running. Carter has put a lot of faith in this junior booker and only time will tell if he can turn the company around from the creative funk it has been in. One of the undercard workers who wishes to remain unanimous was quoted as saying “Hey, he cant do much worse now can he. If he at least has a love for the wrestling sport as the TNA fans do, then we may have something here.” Christian Cage has managed to hold onto the TNA World Title by defeating (using underhanded tactics of course) Samoa Joe, Sting and the new Face Jeff Jarrett on separate occasions. Cage has gotten such a big head about these wins that he put an open challenge to anyone in the world to come and face him for the Title. The very next week on Impact, Jim Cornette announced that someone has accepted his challenge. When Cage inquired as to who it was, Cornette said that the man who accepted the challenge wishes to remain unanimous at this time, but will reveal himself in a few weeks. Cornette assures us that this individual has been a prominent person in wrestling for years, but has been perusing other interests for a few years now and has decided that TNA is the perfect place to return to wrestling. TNA claims that this announcement will rival that of Kurt Angle arriving in TNA. Spike TV and TNA finally came to an agreement on a 2-Hour time slot for Impact that starts in the first week of June. TNA is promising a blockbuster card, including all TNA Titles on the line, including Christian Cage taking on the mystery opponent in the main event. Rob Van Dam has opted to let his contract with the WWE run out and has not resigned with them. At present time he is a free agent that is weighing out his options. Rumors are circulating that the WWE is on the cusp of a HUGE cycle of releases, mostly focusing on there backstage and diva workers. Very few in-ring workers are being considered for release. LAX has been holding Team 3D at bay for months now (of which the fans are getting very tired of) and have been put into one final match at the 2-Hour debut of the new TNA Impact. The TNA World Tag Team Titles are on the line in a Flaming Tables match. Team 3D has vowed that if they cannot beat LAX in this, one of there specialty matches, they will leave TNA for good. Jay Lethal has left the “guidance” of Kevin Nash behind along with the Black Machismo gimmick and has fully embraced his Lethal Weapon persona. He is now the #1 contender to Chris Sabin’s X-Division Title and they have been rejuvenating the X-Division. As soon as Robert Nigro took the reigns as TNA Head Booker, the Abyss’s mother shot his father storyline was dropped very quick, opting for Abyss to finally turn on James Mitchell and join up with Sting in a new Tag Team. Mitchell has disappeared from TNA TV, but before he left he vowed to return and get his revenge on Sting and Abyss. Under Robert Nigro’s guidance, the X-Division has finally become more than a comedy act and in particular, Austin Starr can be seen as a breakout star (no pun intended). Starr has been involved with a major feud with Samoa Joe. Many are comparing their series of matches to those from the early days of ROH. Christopher Daniels’ return to TNA has had huge repercussions in the X-Division as he has been systematically taking out all of the X-Division stars. He started with Jerry Lynn, putting him on the self, re-injuring his shoulder. He then took out Sonjay Dutt with a vicious char shot to the head that caused the X-Division star to sustain a concussion. He is scheduled to face Petey Williams on the first 2-Hour Impact. The Basham Brothers (Now known as Doug & Danny) have joined the TNA roster, being managed by Christy Hemme in her quest to get her revenge on The James Gang. And there we have it, the state of TNA 3 months down the line and at the start of my new diary. Hope you guys enjoy.

[IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/gerweck02.jpg[/IMG] From [url]www.gerweck.net[/url] Monday, Week 1, June 2007 [COLOR="Red"]TNA Interested In Creating New Hart Foundation?[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]Rumors are going around that TNA wants to create a new Hart Foundation with Bret Hart at the helm, managing the young team. TNA is interested in bringing in Teddy Hart, Jack Evans, TJ Wilson and Harry Smith. The two biggest obstacles at this point would be convincing Bret Hart to manage after he has said in the past that he has no drive to be a manager, and to get Harry Smith out of his developmental contract with the WWE. It will be interesting to see if this rumor is true or not.[/COLOR]

[IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/gerweck02.jpg[/IMG] [SIZE="4"]From [url]www.gerweck.net[/url] Tuesday, Week 1, June 2007 [U][COLOR="Red"]WWE Makes Huge Roster Cuts[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/wwelogo.jpg[/IMG] The WWE started the first round in what is being called the biggest set of cuts in the company history. Those released today include Vickie Guerrero, Little Bastard, Trinity, Josh Matthews, Todd Grisham, Jonathan Coachman, Jack Doan, Mike Chioda, Jim Korderas, Lilian Garcia (a shock to many), Brook, Torrie Wilson (another surprise), Sgt. Slaughter (another major shock) and Gerald Brisco (another shocker). Obviously there were a number of shock releases, but it seems so far that the rumor was true ad no in-ring workers have been released. We will keep you posted on the on-going roster cuts as they happen. [U][COLOR="red"]TNA Makes A Few Roster Cuts[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/TNALogo.jpg[/IMG] It seems as though last night was a big night for making roster cuts. Though not as extensive as the WWE’s, the cuts were never the less big to say the least. Those on the list were Terry Taylor, Jackie Gayda, Dave Hebner and Scott D’Amore. Taylor, Hebner and D’Amore have all been prominent in the backstage area for TNA for the past few years and Jackie was expected to join the Woman’s Division once it starts up. [U][COLOR="red"]WWE Interested In A Number Of TNA Wrestlers[/COLOR][/U] A number of TNA wrestlers were offered Developmental Deal with DSW last night. Ron, Killings, Christopher Daniels, Homicide and Konnan were all offered the same deal and it will be interesting to see if anyone takes the WWE’s offer. [U][COLOR="red"]New Goals For Robert Nigro[/COLOR][/U] TNA Owner Dixie Carter has laid down some new ground rules for TNA’s new Head Booker. Goal #1 is that TNA must be more popular in the South East within 23 months. Goal #2 is that the promotion cannot drop below $500,000 at any time in the next 11 months. Goal #3 takes into account the new outlook geared towards in ring athletes and he cannot hire anyone who does not excel in athleticism. And Goal #4 is that he cannot hire anyone with a low resilience to injury since they waste time and money. It will be interesting to see if Nigro can hold to these new goals. [U][COLOR="red"]WWE RAW Report[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/rlogo.jpg[/IMG] World Wrestling Entertainment held RAW last night in the Gampel Pavilion (New England), and drew 8,901 fans. The feedback from viewers has been pretty good: people seem to have enjoyed the show. Shawn Michaels was said to be the star of the show. Val Venis d Rob Conway / C- Viscera d Balls Mahoney / D+ Jeff Hardy d Super Crazy to retain the WWE Intercontinental Title / C+ Mickie James d Melina to retain the WWE Woman’s Title / C- Shawn Michaels d Johnny Nitro / B Benjamin and Kenny d Cryme Tyme / C Overall: C+ [U][COLOR="red"]WWE Makes Moves Within The Brands[/COLOR][/U] The WWE made several Brand moves last night to try and held balance out the roster, and a few big names stars headed to ECW. It seems that the WWE are not treating ECW as a stepchild any longer. Those moved include Lance Cade from RAW to Smackdown, Brian Kendrick from Smackdown to ECW, Trevor Murdoch from RAW to Smackdown, Ken Kennedy from Smackdown to ECW, Matt Hardy from RAW to ECW and Shawn Michaels from RAW to ECW. We will keep you posted on any more moves in the coming days. [U][COLOR="red"]SHIMMER One More Time Results[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/ShimmerLogo.jpg[/IMG] Held in the Derby Park Flea Market (Great Lakes) Attendance: 277 Christie and Tiana d Amber and Roxx / E+ Lacey and Melissa d Rain and L. Fyfe / D Allison Danger d Rebecca Knox / D Ariel d Cindy Rogers / E+ Malia Hosaka d Mercedes Martinez / D+ Ms. Chif and Amazing Kong d D. Haze and Sara Del Ray / D+ Overall: D+ [U][COLOR="red"]Last Nights WWE Raw Rating[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/usa_network.jpg[/IMG] Last night Monday Night RAW drew a network rating of 31.95 on the USA Network.[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]From [url]www.gerweck.net[/url] Wednesday, Week 1, June 2007 [U][COLOR="red"]WWE Makes More Roster Cuts[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/wwelogo.jpg[/IMG] The WWE made even more roster cuts and they are expected to continue for the next couple of days. The list of those released include Kelly Kelly, Jillian Hall, Ashley, Kristal Marshall, Paul Heyman (not a big shock, just surprising it took this long), Scott Armstrong, Chris Kay, Chad Patton, Candice Michelle, Maria Kanellis, Theodore Long (which leaves Smackdown without a General Manager), John Laurinatis (a huge shock, but perhaps a sign that things may change) and Pat Patterson (along with Gerald Briscoe this is was unexpected). [U][COLOR="red"]ECW on Sci-Fi Results[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/ecwlogo4.gif[/IMG] Held in the Manley Basketball Arena (Tri State) Attendance: 9,025 Holly and Rene Dupree d Dreamer and CM Punk / B- Sabu d Elijah Burke / C- Umaga against Randy Orton ended in a No Contest / B- Ken Kennedy d Shawn Michaels / B Overall: B- [U][COLOR="red"]Last Nights ECW on Sci-Fi Rating[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/scifi.jpg[/IMG] ECW on Sci-Fi drew a 15.06 network rating on the Sci-Fi channel[/SIZE] Sorry for the lack of updates guys, the job is crazy and then the wife expects me to spend time with her instead of playing TEW (or God Of War II):D On a serious note, any guess on who the mystery guy is that will face Christian Cage for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship?

[SIZE="4"]From [url]www.gerweck.net[/url] Thursday, Week 1, June 2007 [U][COLOR="Red"]The WWE Makes More Roster Cuts, Major Name Released[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/wwelogo.jpg[/IMG] The WWE has made another set of cuts last night. Those included are Michelle McCool, Ariel, Queen Sharmell, Dean Malenko, Blackjack Lanza and Mick Foley! Foley was the big shocker and not so big all at the same time. It seems that Foley is always released a couple of months after Wrestlemania only to be brought back a couple of months before the mega show the following year. We will keep you posted on more cuts in the following days. [U][COLOR="red"]Smackdown Report[/COLOR][/U] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/smackdown_logo.jpg[/IMG] World Wrestling Entertainment held Smackdown! last night in the Florence Civic Center (Mid Atlantic), and drew 5,000 fans (SELL OUT!). The feedback from the viewers has been pretty good: people seem to have enjoyed the show. Chris Beniot was said to be the star of the show. Brian Kendrick d Domino / C- Chris Beniot d Sylvan to retain the WWE Untied States Title / C Chavo Guerrero d Paul London to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Title / C+ MVP d T. Murdoch and Funaki / C King Booker d Lance Cade / C Batista d Henry and Mysterio to retain the WWE World Heavyweight Title / B- Overall Rating: C+[/SIZE]

[SIZE="4"]From [url]www.TNAwrestlingnews.com[/url] [IMG]http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g99/thestallion1025/Logos/top-1.jpg[/IMG] [U][COLOR="Red"]TNA Planning Huge Impact For Thursday[/COLOR][/U] TNA has a maga event planned for there first Live Impact this week. The lineup reads like a night of champions as every belt is on the line. Christopher Daniels vs. Petey Williams TNA X-Division Title match Jay Lethal vs. Chris Sabin TNA Tag Team Title / flaming tables match Team 3D vs. LAX Austin Starr vs. Samoa Joe The Brotherhood Of Darkness (Abyss & Sting) vs. Seritonin TNA World Title match Christian Cage vs. Mystery Opponent[/SIZE]

Alright well first I just want to say welcome back... I wasn't around before when you were posting but to say you were a legand in these boards would be an extreme under estimate. Christopher Daniels vs. [B]Petey Williams[/B] I'm sure Daniels will win but I've always been a bit of a Petey mark. His finisher is awesome. TNA X-Division Title match [B]Jay Lethal[/B] vs. Chris Sabin TNA Tag Team Title / flaming tables match [B]Team 3D[/B] vs. LAX Austin Starr vs. [B]Samoa Joe [/B] The Brotherhood Of Darkness [B](Abyss & Sting)[/B] vs. Seritonin Alright so I've been deployed for awhile and havent caught much TNA, is Sting and Abyss actually together or is this something you did and I missed. TNA World Title match Christian Cage vs. [B]Mystery Opponent - SHARK BOY [/B] Just dropping a small "hint" on who would be awesome take it how you will ;) Good look with this man I'll be watching.

Guest loves2spooge
Christopher Daniels vs. [B]Petey Williams[/B] TNA X-Division Title match Jay Lethal vs. [B]Chris Sabin [/B] TNA Tag Team Title / flaming tables match [B]Team 3D[/B] vs. LAX Austin Starr vs. [B]Samoa Joe [/B] [B]The Brotherhood Of Darkness (Abyss & Sting)[/B] vs. Seritonin TNA World Title match [B]Christian Cage[/B] vs. Mystery Opponent

[B]Christopher Daniels[/B] vs. Petey Williams TNA X-Division Title match Jay Lethal vs. [B]Chris Sabin[/B] TNA Tag Team Title / flaming tables match Team 3D vs.[B] LAX[/B] Austin Starr vs. [B]Samoa Joe[/B] [B]The Brotherhood Of Darkness (Abyss & Sting)[/B] vs. Seritonin TNA World Title match Christian Cage vs. [B]Mystery Opponent[/B] - by DQ so Christian retains Stallion, goes without saying, welcome back! Great to see you back with TNA. I'd have to say you are the one of the reasons I took up doing a diary, there were three diaries that caught my attention back then, yours, nevermore's and giantgonzalez's Wrestlecr@p. After reading your stories, I decided to give it a go. And then was rapt to find you giving my diary some constructive criticism and more importantly support. So again, welcome back!

[B]Christopher Daniels[/B] vs Petey Williams..... although I think Daniels will win this could very well mark the start of the Petey Era. GO PETEY! TNA X-Division Title match Jay Lethal vs. [B]Chris Sabin[/B] I like Jay lethal but Sabin is the more experienced X division star as he's held X-division gold before. TNA Tag Team Title / flaming tables match Team 3D vs. [B]LAX[/B] I like both teams but I give the slight edge (pardon the pun) to LAX via Konnan interference. second match of the night here folks! Austin Starr vs. [B]Samoa Joe[/B] JOE'S GONNA KILL YOU! JOE'S GONNA KILL YOU! [B]The Brotherhood Of Darkness (Abyss & Sting) [/B]vs. Seritonin complete squash here folks. TNA World Title match Christian Cage vs. [B]Mystery Opponen[/B] the Mystery Opponent should be the returning Jeff Jarrett. expect a lot of interference but Jarrett wins via Guitar Shot when the ref is down. Match of the Night!

[QUOTE=mad5226;227535]Alright well first I just want to say welcome back... I wasn't around before when you were posting but to say you were a legand in these boards would be an extreme under estimate.[/QUOTE] Thanks man, thats a huge complement. I dont know about being a Legend or anything, I just like to write. Thanks again man.

Archived