What is Hyper Realism?

[QUOTE=TylerDrew;226440]I would be a promotion like RINGS or UWFi where everything in the ring was real but the match and outcome were scripted.[/QUOTE] Paradox much? I think you're explaining this wrong. Hyper realism is making it look like wrestling is a legitimate sport, but having a roster of wrestlers who fight as though they're in an MMA promotion. It doesn't mean the matches are real.

[QUOTE=BrokenCycle;226445]Paradox much? I think you're explaining this wrong. Hyper realism is making it look like wrestling is a legitimate sport, but having a roster of wrestlers who fight as though they're in an MMA promotion. It doesn't mean the matches are real.[/QUOTE] Actually I think he was semi accurate. I believe what you are describing is basic realism.

[QUOTE=stupifY_me;226459]Actually I think he was semi accurate. I believe what you are describing is basic realism.[/QUOTE] No, I'm not. "Realism" treats wrestling as a real sport, yes, but is very technical and realistic. "Hyper realism" treats wrestling as a real sport but ties in MMA fighting concepts such as punching, grappling, etc. It's the style of wrestlers and matches that separates them.

Directly out of the help files from the [b]promotions[/b] section [QUOTE][b]Realism[/b] is where the promotion plays wrestling as being a real sport. [b]Hyper Realism[/b] means the company intentionally puts aspects of MMA culture into its shows, in the hope of drawing a crossover audience.[/QUOTE]

Archived