I would like to see more options in how we can promote cards and our promotion. There was a game called 5gws. Although full of bugs and a freeware, there was an option to set up advertising campaigns. In other words you could put advertisement either local, regional, national, continental or global. You could use direrent types up advertisements, going from flyers, bilboards, theaters, TV ect. Assuming you had the cash, you could build up popularity of your promotion or the amount of hype to your events. I like this option as it helps relatively new promotions, which have the financial backing to build up their popularity, more quickly. Also i helps smaller promotions build up their popularity in their local area more quickly.

This is a great idea... on a sort of related note, will there be options to start the game with different amounts of cash? Like Mr Richguy starts an org, say Bodog fights and immediately can go out and buy Fedor the #1 fighter in the world vs Mr Joe Schmoe that starts one with 50k and has to give guys $200 a fight to start out.

[QUOTE=badbeat;227341]on a sort of related note, will there be options to start the game with different amounts of cash? Like Mr Richguy starts an org, say Bodog fights and immediately can go out and buy Fedor the #1 fighter in the world vs Mr Joe Schmoe that starts one with 50k and has to give guys $200 a fight to start out.[/QUOTE] Yes, you can do that via the editor, or during the game by starting your own company.

Guest loves2spooge
[QUOTE=Capelli King;227286]I would like to see more options in how we can promote cards and our promotion. There was a game called 5gws. Although full of bugs and a freeware, there was an option to set up advertising campaigns. In other words you could put advertisement either local, regional, national, continental or global. You could use direrent types up advertisements, going from flyers, bilboards, theaters, TV ect. Assuming you had the cash, you could build up popularity of your promotion or the amount of hype to your events. I like this option as it helps relatively new promotions, which have the financial backing to build up their popularity, more quickly. Also i helps smaller promotions build up their popularity in their local area more quickly.[/QUOTE] Yeah that would be great i always thought that you could maybe hire marketing people or pr people im not to sure what they are called to handle all that stuff because i thought this game was going to be a good mix between shows (like booking, titles, the actual show stuff like that) and back office stuff (like finance, marketing, training etc (cant think of too much now but im sure people will add more))

[QUOTE=loves2spooge;227348].....i always thought that you could maybe hire marketing people or pr people im not to sure what they are called to handle all that stuff because i thought this game was going to be a good mix between shows (like booking, titles, the actual show stuff like that) and back office stuff (like finance, marketing, training etc (cant think of too much now but im sure people will add more))[/QUOTE] That is another thing i would like in the game, to be able to hire competent guys to handle different sections of the company, from the head bookers, marketing GM's down to announcers, road staff ect.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;227359]That is another thing i would like in the game, to be able to hire competent guys to handle different sections of the company, from the head bookers, marketing GM's down to announcers, road staff ect.[/QUOTE] Yeah and maybe until u get a bigger show u have to do some of those jobs lol...

[QUOTE=Capelli King;227396]Maybe you are a small promotion with big cash and can still afford to hire the "backstage staff"[/QUOTE] Yeah it will be fun to try it both ways... because sometimes, as the WFA found out, just because you have a bunch of cash to throw at something doesnt mean you end up with a success of an MMA promotion... in another post Adam said you can at least edit how much money u start with.

Archived