Sick of injuries

I generally like this game but the injuries situation drives me crazy. I usually play with injuries set to Very Low but still have 20% of my starters down with some kind of injury each week (playing a mid-level school with most players at the Avg level 55-70). I just ran through 5 seasons simulating everything and with the budget for medical set to the middle setting. I then compared my injury rates to Kansas, Syracuse, and Washington from last season IRL. BBCF averaged over 5 seasons on the Very Low setting had 50% more injuries to the starters (games missed) than the real life average for those 3 schools last season. Aaarrrrggghhh!

[QUOTE=jayhawk80;228850]I generally like this game but the injuries situation drives me crazy. I usually play with injuries set to Very Low but still have 20% of my starters down with some kind of injury each week (playing a mid-level school with most players at the Avg level 55-70). I just ran through 5 seasons simulating everything and with the budget for medical set to the middle setting. I then compared my injury rates to Kansas, Syracuse, and Washington from last season IRL. BBCF averaged over 5 seasons on the Very Low setting had 50% more injuries to the starters (games missed) than the real life average for those 3 schools last season. Aaarrrrggghhh![/QUOTE] Injuries are not something you can look at without context. A lot of "minor" injuries in college go unreported but they do impact performance. Having 20% of starters injured (ie, 4 guys) seems fairly realistic on its face. Most teams rarely go through a season without 1-2 fairly serious injuries to starters and 3-4 nagging ones that cause them to sit at some point.

The thing is, you can play guys that are even Questionable. Players play hurt all the time. Don't think because they are highlighted in yellow, you can't play them. You just need to assess your backups and the severity of the injury. In my last season in the CFL, one of my teams only had three players missing considerable time; while the other had too many to count. At one point I was down to my last 2 DTs and DE, I had my backup OLB starting at RE and my backup MLB backing up both DE spots, MLB, playing as the 5th Dlineman, and 3rd Pass DE. Also had my starting FS, top CB and Nickel DB injured. Just shows that injuries are unpredictable in the game, just like real life. I rarely have more than a handfull of players missing significant time due to injuries.

[QUOTE=udlb58;230781]The thing is, you can play guys that are even Questionable. Players play hurt all the time. Don't think because they are highlighted in yellow, you can't play them. You just need to assess your backups and the severity of the injury. In my last season in the CFL, one of my teams only had three players missing considerable time; while the other had too many to count. At one point I was down to my last 2 DTs and DE, I had my backup OLB starting at RE and my backup MLB backing up both DE spots, MLB, playing as the 5th Dlineman, and 3rd Pass DE. Also had my starting FS, top CB and Nickel DB injured. Just shows that injuries are unpredictable in the game, just like real life. I rarely have more than a handfull of players missing significant time due to injuries.[/QUOTE] ditto

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=udlb58;230781]The thing is, you can play guys that are even Questionable. Players play hurt all the time. Don't think because they are highlighted in yellow, you can't play them. You just need to assess your backups and the severity of the injury. In my last season in the CFL, one of my teams only had three players missing considerable time; while the other had too many to count. At one point I was down to my last 2 DTs and DE, I had my backup OLB starting at RE and my backup MLB backing up both DE spots, MLB, playing as the 5th Dlineman, and 3rd Pass DE. Also had my starting FS, top CB and Nickel DB injured. Just shows that injuries are unpredictable in the game, just like real life. I rarely have more than a handfull of players missing significant time due to injuries.[/QUOTE] Incidentally, this is where your "athletes" really shine. I have a weakness for tweeners (because I was one) and thus, players who have the skills to play many positions, really appeal to me.

Archived