DOTT World Cup of Wrestling

This is inspired partly by a discussion on another board I read, and partly by the CornellVerse World War diary. It'll be a World Cup using the DOTT mod, 16 teams of 4 guys. Four from the US, two each from Canada, Mexico, and Japan, plus the UK, Russia, a Latin America team, a European team, a South Pacific team, an East Asia team. It'll be a knockout tournament between teams, each pair of teams will fight in a 'best of 7' series - 4 singles matches, 2 tag matches, and a four on four elimination (the last 3 only if needed.) Just working on the teams now, but as a taster: Representing the UK! Giant Haystacks, Roddy Piper, and the British Bulldogs! I'll be playing this alternating with my Brookside career, because I'm not giving up on that one before I get the win against Haystacks back!

Anyone got any suggestions for the best way to split Mexico up? I've got US as North, South, East and West, Japan as North and South, and Canada as East and West - they all seem to be okay, but my knowledge of Mexican geography is pretty much non-existent, so if anyone can suggest the best way to split it so that I have two fairly even teams, that'd be great. Suggestions for any teams welcomed... I have most of the guys sorted, but always willing to change if there's someone I've overlooked that gets mentioned. Hoping to start this off either later today or tomorrow.

Great idea! I'll be looking forward to this. But Hot Rod?? Even someone as crazy as Piper would tell you that you're nuts. :) I know that Kayfabe suggests that Roddy was from Scotland - but he's as Scottish as my dog, who is a German Shepherd. What about Big Daddy?? ;) Seriously; this will be very neat to follow. Good luck! RE: Mexico... I'd probably break them down to a North and South.

Some suggestions (for what they are worth): I'm not sure if you are going the actual birthplace route, or if you are considering their 'home territory' as a base of operations; Dusty being in Florida, instead of Texas - for example. These will be based on their birthplaces: U.S. South: Terry Funk, Dick Murdoch, Tully Blanchard, Dusty Rhodes U.S. North: Nick Bockwinkel (though his Beverly Hills persona might make a good US West), Bob Backlund, Ole Anderson, Ken Patera U.S. West: Wahoo McDaniel, Bob Orton Jr., Bruiser Brody, Jack Brisco U.S. East: Adrian Adonis, Ricky Steamboat, The Masked Superstar, Ric Flair Canada West: Rick Martel, Dino Bravo, Ronnie Garvin, Jos Leduc Canada East: Bret Hart, Abdullah the Butcher (hah!), Mongolian Stomper, The Spoiler

Using kayfabe hometowns as much as I can remember/find them, and messing around a little with the areas (partly to make the teams easier, partly because I'm not good with US geography!) I've come up with the following. (Also included an 'other' team to put in 4 guys who didn't quite make it - including Big Daddy, Boon! This should probably be called 'rejects' rather than 'other', but would you tell Daddy and Kamala they were rejects?!) Any suggestions/corrections/additions very welcome - especially for South Japan and West Canada! [B]USA North[/B] Hawk Animal Bob Backlund [B]USA South[/B] Jake Roberts Jerry Lawler Michael Hayes Terry Gordy [B]USA East[/B] Ric Flair Hulk Hogan Jack Brisco Jerry Brisco [B]USA West[/B] Don Muraco Nick Bockwinkel Bruiser Brody [B]Japan North[/B] Antonio Inoki Giant Baba Gran Hamada [B]Japan South[/B] [B]Canada East[/B] Dino Bravo Jos Leduc Rick Martel [B]Canada West[/B] [B]Latin America[/B] Pedro Morales Carlos Colon [B]East Asia[/B] Iron Sheik Tiger Jeet Singh Riki Choshu Mongolian Stomper [B]Russia[/B] Nikolai Volkoff Ivan Koloff Alexis Smirnoff [B]Mexico[/B] Mil Mascaras Carlos Colon Chavo Guerrero Sr Dr Wagner [B]UK[/B] Giant Haystacks Dynamite Kid Davey Boy Smith Roddy Piper [B]Europe/Africa[/B] Bruno Sammartino Andre The Giant Ivan Putski Abdullah The Butcher [B]South Pacific[/B] Jimmy Snuka Afa Sika Ricky Steamboat [B]Other[/B] Big Daddy Wahoo McDaniel El Solitario Kamala

• 3 weeks later...

Archived