Favourite matches

keefmoon

Okay guys, it's been a while since we've had one of these favourite things. At the moment I'm really into watching old matches, especially the legendary ones (for example Savage vs Steamboat) and wondered what matches people think are the best/their favourite of all time? Reasons for why would be great too. As I've never really gotten into Japanese wrestling (although I do want to try), and as I can barley remember watching anything over 10 years ago, and in the UK we haven't had magnificent coverage of wrestling beyond the WWF/E mine would probably be the Sreet Fight at the Rumble between Cactus Jack and Triple H. Although there are many, many other great matches that I love/d, this is probably top because before the match Triple H was just a solid main eventer and Mick Foley no longer had it. After the match, Foley had the legendary match to retire with (although, of course, he didn't) and Triple H was guaranteed the top spot for the next few years. So what are yours?

The series of RVD VS Jerry Lynn matches from the original ECW are probably my favorite of all time. They're just exciting every time, even though you know Lynn isn't going to win, having watched them so many times. It's great when they get the entire crowd behind Lynn even though they all love RVD. Then there were a series of matches where the FBI (Guido and Mamaluke) fought Tajiri and Whipreck towards the end of ECW, and I remember them as some of the most exciting matches I had ever seen in my life. In WCW I would say some of my favorite matches were their Lucha stuff. I used to watch the undercard of WCW and the uppercard of WWF back when they were warring, because I would get to see the entertaining parts of both shows that way. In the WWF/E... Hm. Probably anything with Foley. When I try to remember back to when I watched the WWF a lot, all I remember is a lot of Foley and Stone Cold, but I know that I didn't like Stone Cold because of his matches. For ROH: The match that one wrestling observer's match of the year. The Blood Generation VS Do Fixer match. That **** is incredible. Then probably anything with Jimmy Jacobs because he will literally put his life on the line for the business. I might remind people, even though I never saw any of them, to consider the three TLC matches between the Dudley Boys, Edge and Christian, and the Hardys.

[QUOTE=weirdo_man;230776]I might remind people, even though I never saw any of them, to consider the three TLC matches between the Dudley Boys, Edge and Christian, and the Hardys.[/QUOTE] Good call on two of the TLCs (Summerslam 00 and Wrestlemania X7) but I think that their ladder matches may have been even better, or at least more innovative in front of a mainstream audience. The Ladder Match atMania 2000 was great, and the No Mercy '99 one between E&C and the Hardyz was absolutely top notch stuff. Unfortunately I've never really had the chance to get into ROH (I don't have Sky often, only when me and my flatmate find an offer to make it more reasonable, like the 6 months half price we got last year!) but I will look up the match you mentioned.

Come on guys, I need more matches to watch! I really am sick of what the WWE has been offering for the last few years and TNA has gone really downhill in my opinion, so I want some good [I]wrestling[/I] to watch, please. So if you tell me what your favourite matches are, I'll give them a watch and see if I can reignite some of the love I lost for wrestling over the last few years.

[B]Savage vs Steamboat[/B] would have to be one of my favourite matches of all time. Some others off the top of my head, they're favourites for various reasons: [B]Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior[/B] at Wrestlemania VI. (only because I remember watching it when I was younger and thought "wow" by the end of it) [B]Roddy Piper vs Bret Hart[/B] at Wrestlemania VIII. Great to see Piper showing that he can actually wrestle and not just brawl. [B]Macho Man vs Ted DiBiase[/B] at Wrestlemania IV. [B]Bret Hart vs Owen Hart[/B] at Wrestlemania X. [B]Undertaker vs Kurt Angle[/B] on Smackdown. Possibly my favourite match ever, if it wasn't for the ruined ending by having Brock Lesnar run-in. [B]Shawn Michaels vs Razor Ramon[/B] ladder match at Wrestlemania X. [B]Ric Flair vs Randy Savage[/B] at Wrestlemania VIII. [B]Undertaker vs Hulk Hogan[/B] at Survivor Series. (1991?) [B]Eddie Guerrero vs Dean Malenko[/B] ECW farewell match. [B]Undertaker vs Yokozuna[/B] at the Royal Rumble. [B]RVD vs Bam Bam Bigelow[/B] ECW. [B]Chris Jericho vs 2 Cold Scorpio vs Pitbull #2 vs Shane Douglas[/B] ECW. [B]Kane vs Undertaker[/B] inferno match. [B]Ric Flair vs Triple H[/B] steel cage match at Taboo Tuesday. This match renewed my faith that Flair still had 'It'. Any ladder/TLC match with [B]The Dudleyz, Edge and Christian and The Hardy Boyz[/B]. Can't think of any more at the minute.

Jericho/Benoit - Backlash 2k, Judgment Day 2k, Sumerslam 2k, Royal Rumble 2k1, if I remember correctly. Jericho/HHH - Fully Loaded 2k Michaels/Ramon - Summerslam 95 Ladder Match Bret Hart/Bulldog - SummerSlam 92, IYH 3 (I think) Windham/Flair - mid 80s NWA - a string of awesome matches Windham & Anderson vs. Doom - Starrcade 90 street fight Warrior/Rude - SummerSlam 90 steel cage Stinger Squadron vs. Dangerous Alliance - WrestleWar 91 Austin/Rock trilogy - WM 15, 17, 19 E&C/Dudleys/Hardys - No Mercy 1999 (Ladders, E&C/Hardys), Royal Rumble 2000 (Tables, Dudleys/Hardys), No Way Out 2000 (E&C/Hardys), WrestleMania 2000 (Ladders), SummerSlam 2000 (TLC), Royal Rumble 2001 E&C/Dudleys), WM 17 (TLC), SmackDown May 2001 (TLC with Jericho/Benoit) AJ Styles/Amazing Red - TNA iMpact Eddie/Mysterio - Halloween Havoc 97 Angle/Michaels - The 2/3 matches they had in 2005 Eddie/Lesnar - No Way Out 2004 Benoit/Michaels/HHH - WM & Backlash 2004 Cactus Jack & Maxx Payne/Nasty Boys - 1993 WCW PPV - Uncensored? Spring Stampede? Colt Cabana/Beef Wellington - pretty sure you'll find this one on YouTube

[QUOTE=James Casey;231330] Colt Cabana/Beef Wellington - pretty sure you'll find this one on YouTube[/QUOTE] Lol, the one where Cabana delayed sells the top rope ass punch? ****ing hilarious. I love when Colt Cabana can make me laugh more in a wrestling match than a comedian in an hour set.

Archived