not saving initially

Bought game and after the initial setup to create the database, which it goes through, followed by saving the game which gets to 100% but then a screen pops up which states "There was an error in saving your game. Make sure you don't have either the setup.dat or stats.dat file opened by another program and that you don't have two instances of BBCF running." I have to open the task manager as the game freezes at that point and no other programs are running, let alone another instance of BBCF. Is this a Vista problem? As my computer is running on Windows Vista home premium. I have downloaded the 1.52 patch twice, first time thought perhaps maybe I didn't restart my computer even though I was sure I had.

1. Here's the one thing I would recommend as a fix: The first time you run the game you need to do this: A - Go directly to your BBCF folder under program files (default location is C:\Program Files\GDS\Bowl Bound College Football). Find the bb2005.exe application, right-click on it, and select "Run as Administrator". This will load the game with the proper memory rights the first time (and all times after this). You may need to do this even if you have admin rights with your current user. B - Next, you need to change the permissions on the BBCF folder. Right click on it and select properties. Then click the security tab. Click the Edit button. Under "group or user names:" select "Users" and then under "Permissions for users" check the box under allow for modify (write will automatically get checked when you do that). Click OK to close all the windows. (Thanks to the guys at FOFC for the second part)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have the same problem, but only with one league and now when trying to create a new league. In all of my prior online and offline leagues, I had no problems and still don't. But with GG I get the same message, and now when I try to create a new league this message shows up. [url=http://www.mediafire.com/?eniwx4lnigd]Here's the file for the last league I tried to create.[/url]

Same thing for me, except it happened 4 seasons in. I go to SAVE my game, and it asks if 2 instances of BBCF are running, and it also has a CONTINUE button. You can't click on it, the game is frozen. I end the process and reboot. BBCF opens but I cannot open this particular league because it says "No save file, create a league." Well, I copied a save file from the backup and it opened, so I was back on track? NOPE. I tried to save after my 6th game of the 4th season,and it all started again.

Nope, not checked read only. [url=http://www.mediafire.com/?4o2xk4frldt]Here's my original files[/url], [url=http://www.mediafire.com/?aopjzs24mz0]league with the problems[/url], and [url=http://www.mediafire.com/?dhj9a5vmrq1]league that works fine[/url].

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Here is the fix When the error occurs it deletes your ncaa.sav or whatever the name of your league is .sav So simply go into the backup folder in your save dorectory and copy the ncaa.sav to your main save directory. Once you do that reload the game and your league. Play out the week you had the problem with but do not save during that week. Wait a week or two to save. That seems to fix the problem. Once you get by the week that causes the .sav file to be deleted you can safely save and it works good as new. Anyway, hope it works for you. I've had this error numerous times and this has always fixed the problem.

[QUOTE=cody8200;299179]When the error occurs it deletes your ncaa.sav or whatever the name of your league is .sav So simply go into the backup folder in your save dorectory and copy the ncaa.sav to your main save directory. Once you do that reload the game and your league. Play out the week you had the problem with but do not save during that week. Wait a week or two to save. That seems to fix the problem. Once you get by the week that causes the .sav file to be deleted you can safely save and it works good as new. Anyway, hope it works for you. I've had this error numerous times and this has always fixed the problem.[/QUOTE] No this is a reoccurring problem that happens every time I save in these couple of files. Like I said earlier, not all of my saves do this, just any new ones and the GG files. It's a pain to go in and copy, paste the backup files every time I want to save. Not to mention the fact that I can't save without crashing the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
game crashes I fairly regularly get cases where the the buttons in the game don't work. To me it seems like the UI of the game gets disconnected from something underneath. The UI still lets me click on a button, and I see the button react. But nothing happens. Lately its been happening during recruiting. Nothing specific seems to cause it. Just every once in awhile (like every week of recruiting) the game underneath crashes leaving a UI running alone on its own. Its not a specific spot in the game. When I restart at whatever was my last save, I can keep playing past whatever spot it crashed at. Until the next time it crashes at some new spot. Since the game doesn't autosave during recruiting (only at the end of the stage), it can be quite annoying. Nowadays, someone would think I'm nuts because I'm saving pretty much after each position I look at during recruiting.

• 1 month later...
Hey Arlie or Scott, I'm still having troubles. I just checked for .ldb files in the leagues I'm having troubles with, but couldn't find anything. I'm using XP and my files can be found [url=http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showpost.php?p=276365&postcount=10]here[/url]

• 1 month later...

Archived