Improving technique...

Just bought the game a couple days ago and I've been having an absolute [I]blast[/I] with it, but it seems that no matter what percentage I tweak the "technique" training to, I can't raise my technique any higher than what I started with, which was 40. (This is in Rookie to Legend mode, by the way). In fact, if I raise that percentage high enough, the Expert Opinion will tell me they anticipate my technique score actually [i]decreasing[/i] within a week or two. Huh? Is there something else I should be focusing on in conjunction with technical skill? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Welcome to the forums, ekedolphin! As much as I love the game, out of ring training has always seemed 'off' to me. Not only 'off', but downright irrelevant. Key stats (Speed, Technique, PSY, etc.), it seems, is best left for 'on the job training'. Why set up a training regiment to raise these key stats in 6-8 weeks, when you'll be gaining these stats through matches with quality opponents? I'd really like to see the out-of-ring training being just as important (if not more so) than wrestling a few times per month. It's like a stage actor... does an actor get better through rehearsals, or on stage in front of a live audience? Most actors when starting off are far too worried about screwing up in front of people to really develop their skills; WreSpi should reflect that, imo. Anyway, there isn't much I can tell you - except work some matches against people with better technique.

Archived