BHOTWG 1975 - The Kitozon Years

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[CENTER] [I]Thanks MTJTM, for both the compliments and saying you are still reading, I feared I had chased people off with the shortening of my matches.[/I] [img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/Hobgobbo/BHOTWG%20-%201975/BHOTWG.jpg[/img] [U]BHOTWG News[/U] What a fantastic lead into Quest of Honor. Seison and Tasuku put on a classic match of the year candidate, and we can only imagine what sort of match Seison vs. Kitozon will be. Speaking of Quest of Honor, will we find out why Satoru hates Kenzo so much? Will Dayu step in to make them friends again? [B][U]Card for Inferno of Purity[/U][/B] [u]Tokyo Civil Stadium in Kanto[/u] [IMG]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d17/Hobgobbo/BHOTWG%20-%201975/Diary%20Banners/QuestofHonor.jpg[/IMG] [i]Banner Credit to me[/i] [I][B]Singles[/B][/I] Shoraku Kishi vs. Stunner Okazawaya [I][B]Singles[/B][/I] Yuto Ijima vs. Hitoshi Higa [I][B]Submission Singles[/B][/I] Noriyoshi Sanada vs. Mike Barstow [I][B]Tag Team[/B][/I] Black & White Manta vs. Tatsumaki Azai & Jin Sakamoto [I][B]Tag Team For the Burning Japanese Tag Team Championships[/I][/b] The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper) (c) vs. Derek Barnes & Paul Kingsley [B][I]Singles[/I][/B] Elemental vs. Iketani Nayashi [B][I]Singles For the Burning Pacific Championship[/I][/B] Kenji Fukamura (c) w/Youth Rising vs. Onishiki [I][B]Grudge Match[/B][/I] Ares Aegaleus vs. Toshiro Saito [B][I]Leader vs. Leader Singles[/I][/B] Dayu Ichihara vs. Tasuku Nandaba [B][I][U]Main Event[/U] For the Burning World Championship[/I][/B] Master Kitozon (c) vs. Seison Yamanaka [B]TIEBREAKER: Who will be pinned in the Tag Team title match?[/B] [I]Card Subject To Change. Predictions & comments welcomed[/I][/CENTER]

Bwahaha, A* rated match! Considering the two have styles that are basically polar opposites of one another, that's amazing. It also makes it much, much harder to pick a winner in the main event! Argh! :D Singles Shoraku Kishi vs. [B]Stunner Okazawaya[/B] [i]Should be a good match, and probably the closest to a win Shoraku will come for a while. Stunner's just much higher up the card at this point, though... so I can't really see him losing here.[/i] Singles Yuto Ijima vs. [B]Hitoshi Higa[/B] [i]Ijima hasn't been on the main shows in quite some time, and that's for a pretty good reason. He's not a terrible wrestler, he's just never going to compete with the talented young lions you're developing right now. Higa needs work, but he's already more popular than Ijima ever will be.[/i] Submission Singles [B]Noriyoshi Sanada [/B]vs. Mike Barstow [i]It's good that you're not giving an undefeated streak to everyone who enters the company - Barstow is one guy who I can definitely see getting a push, though. I think that'll come later, since Sanada's streak has gone on too long at this point to be broken now. Night of the Burning Hammer at the soonest, I think.[/i] Tag Team Black & White Manta vs. [B]Tatsumaki Azai & Jin Sakamoto[/B] [i]Very tough call, as both teams deserve more of a push than they've been getting lately. Azai and Sakamoto have both been putting on great matches in the midcard lately, though, while you seem to like using the Mantas to train younger guys. Good chance to give Azai & Sakamoto some momentum. Do I sense a title shot in the near future?[/i] Tag Team - For the Burning Japanese Tag Team Championships [B]The Black Serpent Cult (Cobra & Viper) [/B](c) vs. Derek Barnes & Paul Kingsley [i]In addition to being part of the biggest storyline in the company right now, the Black Serpent Cult are just too damn [b]good[/b] to lose the titles yet. I don't think any team on the roster right now could produce good matches as consistently as Viper and Cobra. I'm hoping for a nice, long reign.[/i] Single [B]Elemental[/B] vs. Iketani Nayashi [i]Iketani isn't exactly Optimus. The guy needs a lot of work, but who knows? Maybe working with Elemental will push him in the right direction.[/i] Singles - For the Burning Pacific Championship [B]Kenji Fukamura (c) w/Youth Rising [/B]vs. Onishiki [i]Kenji's reign is going great, and shows no signs of stopping soon. I also doubt Onishiki would be the guy you'd book to take the title off of him if he were to drop it.[/i] Grudge Match Ares Aegaleus vs. [B]Toshiro Saito[/B] [i]Hmm... the last 3 matches are very, very difficult to predict. This one could go either way, or could also go to a double knockout or something to lead to a rematch... but in this case I'm going with my gut. Ares is going to retire soon, and you probably won't gain much by putting him over one of your top guys at this point.[/i] Leader vs. Leader - Singles [B]Dayu Ichihara[/B] vs. Tasuku Nandaba [i]So far this month (by my estimation) Youth Rising has been dominant other than a few losses to Satoru and Kenzo. This feud won't be ending soon, so at the moment I see Dayu taking the win and drawing this out longer. Tasuku has likely improved quite a bit, but I doubt he's popular enough yet to warrant a win over one of the four biggest draws in Japan.[/i] Main Event - For the Burning World Championship [B]Master Kitozon (c)[/B] vs. Seison Yamanaka [i]Hmm... toughest prediction in this diary so far, given Kitozon's relatively unimpressive performances. Another time where I want to go for a draw, but just can't convince myself it's a good choice. He's got A* popularity! His name is in the title of the diary! And Night of the Burning Hammer without Kitozon as champion?[/i] [B]TIEBREAKER: Who will be pinned in the Tag Team title match?[/B] [i]Paul Kingsley. Barnes is getting a strong push, but Kingsley loses nothing by taking the fall to one of the BSC.[/i]

• 4 weeks later...
Okay guys, update. The reason I haven't been around/posting is because of my huge amount of work I've been doing. That on top of my job leaves very little time for writing up the shows. However, I'm not working tonight and don't have any schoolwork, so I will write up the show. Granted, it won't be that in detail, due to the short amount of time i will put into it. But I will be posting it nonetheless, to make up for lost time. Apologies again, Gremlinator.

Archived