This match brought the crowds mood down

it's when a match isn't upto a good standard, it means, for example, you saw Mark Henry going 1 on 1 with Viscera, it wouldnt be a good match, just a few power punches, clotheslines and maybe an "impressive" power move, the fans wouldn't be into it, so it'll bring the crowds mood down. best way to get around that is putting popular workers against each other that can put on a good match, or alternatively, put that on after a poor match to bring their mood back up again

[QUOTE=Max Peck;238734]I keep getting this note after most of my matches. What exactly does it mean, and how is the best way to correct my booking to avoid it?[/QUOTE] You get the "brought the mood down" note whenever a match (or angle) is rated below D (although I'm not 100% sure of the exact grade that triggers it) If you are a small promotion (ie regional or less) then you will get this note most of the time, simply because most of your matches are going to be poorly rated, so just ignore it and keep putting on the shows as you are. If you are a cult or above promotion - then you just need to find better matches to run!!!

Blarg..... time to weigh in. :) The crowd has a hidden value for the level they are at. A good match or segment can raise or lower this value and this is noted with the "brought the crowd's mood down" or "raised the crowd's mood" notes. The point of this is that the crowd's rating also factors into the matches and angles themselves as part of the grade. A crowd with a high rating will help make a good match great just as conversely a bad crowd will make a good match merely average. Same with angles, although the effect is generally less. Putting on a angle/match that rates considerably lower than the previous match/angle will generally drag the rating of the second one down a bit, so you should take this into account when booking. If you know you have a match that may not be as good as your previous one, you can avoid it taking a significant hit to the rating by cooling the crowd off with a short angle. Using road agent notes such as "work the crowd" will usually lower a match rating by a grade or so as the workers involved will hold back and thus can help you to improve the flow of your card if you are accurately working out the ratings you are expecting. Similarly, going for an "all out match" can improve the match rating too depending on how good your workers are and you can also use this to keep the flow of the card going and manipulate the crowd so that they peak when you want them to. By default a crowd's mood seems to start somewhere in the low C region from what I've noticed although I think (and this is speculation now) that setting your music usage (production settings) above the cheap settings will raise the crowd more from the offset and give you better crowds throughout. I'm not sure this is the case, but from a few tests doing this with the SWF I think this may be what it is for, besides being a way to burn more cash. Small promotions will always suffer from bringing the crowd down as they are simply too small to run awesome angles and matches. I think this kinda balances things out in the game somewhat, as smaller promotions generally seem to have access to a pretty good talent pool and if they kept getting high ratings like they can do, it'd be too easy. By dropping the crowd's mood and putting a dampener on your ratings in general, it keeps the small promotions from being overly good. Derek B :)

Archived