Attitudes and Challenges

Will fights attitudes play apart in this game? Some fighters in real life are nice guys like Matt Hughes but some are not. While some can switch between the 2 like George St Pierre recently making up excuses for losing to Serra. Will attitudes have an impact as some guys may not want to face a guy like Ortiz ducking Liddell with Ortiz making up excuses and attitude could have an impact on drawing audiences as some people may want to see a loud mouthed S.O.B get knocked out by a crowd favourite? Also will fighters be able to challenge other fights in press conferences or things similar (like its rumored Shogun is doing to do to the winner of the Liddell/Jackson match this weekend) or come to you with ideas for matches like in the old EWR game for those who know what it is, if a wrestler wasn't used they would leave you a message saying that putting me against this guy/woman would be good.

Also about relationships between fighters, will these be in the game?I think relationships links in with challenges because if 2 guys fall out then they could settle it in the ring/octagon. Also if 2 guys become friends then they could train together in a camp and learn from each other such as Ortiz training with Randy C.

[QUOTE=michael1234_uk;239171]Will fights attitudes play apart in this game? Some fighters in real life are nice guys like Matt Hughes but some are not. While some can switch between the 2 like George St Pierre recently making up excuses for losing to Serra. Will attitudes have an impact as some guys may not want to face a guy like Ortiz ducking Liddell with Ortiz making up excuses and attitude could have an impact on drawing audiences as some people may want to see a loud mouthed S.O.B get knocked out by a crowd favourite? Also will fighters be able to challenge other fights in press conferences or things similar (like its rumored Shogun is doing to do to the winner of the Liddell/Jackson match this weekend) or come to you with ideas for matches like in the old EWR game for those who know what it is, if a wrestler wasn't used they would leave you a message saying that putting me against this guy/woman would be good.[/QUOTE] i know this is of subject....but your preception of fighters is crazy....matt hughes is one of the biggest d**ks in mma! he bullies ANYONE who lets him. GSP gave an honest interview(although can be seen as a little disrespectful, but doesnt make him a bad guy) and hes the ass? ortiz DID get poked in the eye against liddell(so did coture, and a couple others), and was nothing but respectful and admited that liddell was the better man after the second loss.

I'd like to see attitudes and relationships play a part in the game (which they almost definately will be), and to expand upon this, I'd also like to see them play a part in fights also. Somebody with a bad attitude might be more likely to perform moves that are against the rules, and also if they have a dislike with the opponent.

[QUOTE=y2trav;239216]i know this is of subject....but your preception of fighters is crazy....matt hughes is one of the biggest d**ks in mma! he bullies ANYONE who lets him. GSP gave an honest interview(although can be seen as a little disrespectful, but doesnt make him a bad guy) and hes the ass? ortiz DID get poked in the eye against liddell(so did coture, and a couple others), and was nothing but respectful and admited that liddell was the better man after the second loss.[/QUOTE] To be fair after losing twice to same guy you can't not but admit the other guy is better but what i mean is the stuff Tito did like ducking Liddell would be awesome to include as its how they behave in real life,well some of them do im sure,ducking opponents they know they might struggle against (not saying Tito did,just what people believe he did). And their reactions afterwards, GSP's comments were abit disrespectful and would be good in the game if fighters would say stuff like that and then there would be a challenge from guy who beat them or even in some cases lost to put up or shut up, that would be great to have in there. Even have guys come in the ring after a match and have confrontations (like Sapp and Tyson, sort of like that) that would be good as gets fans interested and be good for drawing audience and hype of the match as fans know their is real dislike being the 2. P.S. i am a Matt Hughes fan,lol.

im a huge tito fan, but i believe he was ducking chuck the first time they fought. chuck was def in his head! i believe gsp is one of the classiest guys in the sport though. and im not even getting into how i feel about matt hughes(its an understatement to say hes my least favorite fighter of all time!)

Yeah i would like to see character and attitude play some role in the game. It gives the game a "human feeling" to it. It would be a shame if we had just a bunch of statistics which we just arranged the fights to. I am more than certain this will be in the game, just interesting to see at what extent it will actually influence results.

You do realize that Tito fought who was put in front of him. It's annoying to hear people talk about how a fighter ducks someone. Tito had a huge payday with the Shamrock fight. That fight in itself brought tons of fans into the MMA World. However, if that is considered ducking is Serra ducking GSP for a rematch because GSP didn't get the immediate rematch like Arlovski did. Joe Silva makes the matches and thinks about the potential payday way before a fighter ducking another fighter. It would be nice for fighters to have attitude or a business sense and have relationships affect potential paydays in the game. A fight like Chuck Liddell and Wanderlai Silva is going to draw more people to watch it then Rampage and Dan Henderson because of the attitude and relationships between the fighters.

[QUOTE=toddthebod;240320]You do realize that Tito fought who was put in front of him.[/QUOTE] During the thing with Chuck the first time... Tito was offered that MANY times but turned it down for multiple reasons, using excuse after excuse. Being friends, not enough money, etc. Chuck had already signed the contract. Then that is when Tito held out, Randy beat Chuck for the Interim title, Randy beat Tito to unify them... then for a #1 contenders bout Tito finally fought Chuck so he could get his title back down the line... but it didn't happen.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;240396]During the thing with Chuck the first time... Tito was offered that MANY times but turned it down for multiple reasons, using excuse after excuse. Being friends, not enough money, etc. Chuck had already signed the contract. Then that is when Tito held out, Randy beat Chuck for the Interim title, Randy beat Tito to unify them... then for a #1 contenders bout Tito finally fought Chuck so he could get his title back down the line... but it didn't happen.[/QUOTE] You also forgot to mention that during that time Chuck was sent to fight in the Pride GP instead of fighting Tito. You can't blame Tito for getting paid nothing while the UFC makes millions. Tito got his money and KO'ed by Chuck. It was all about the money and hype. If you had to title fighters with attitudes Tito's would be Money Driven and Chuck's would be a Professional.

[QUOTE=toddthebod;240320]You do realize that Tito fought who was put in front of him. It's annoying to hear people talk about how a fighter ducks someone. Tito had a huge payday with the Shamrock fight. That fight in itself brought tons of fans into the MMA World. However, if that is considered ducking is Serra ducking GSP for a rematch because GSP didn't get the immediate rematch like Arlovski did. Joe Silva makes the matches and thinks about the potential payday way before a fighter ducking another fighter. It would be nice for fighters to have attitude or a business sense and have relationships affect potential paydays in the game. A fight like Chuck Liddell and Wanderlai Silva is going to draw more people to watch it then Rampage and Dan Henderson because of the attitude and relationships between the fighters.[/QUOTE] when tito was the champ in 2002, dana kept offering him fights with chuck, and hed turn it down. he said at one time they were best friends, and then he said he was injured(dana basically stripped him of the title at this point). after cotoure beat liddell tito all of a sudden said "im ready" and took a fight with randy. thats ducking, dana wanted him to fight chuck for a while and he kept getting out of it.

[QUOTE=toddthebod;240754]You can't blame Tito for getting paid nothing while the UFC makes millions.[/QUOTE] The UFC was not making "millions" as you make it seem. This was before the big MMA boom that we are in that sent it where people can make more than a million. And Tito turned down that fight so many times and used so many excuses I did not realize people still defended him over it. Regardless... the fight has happened twice so whatever.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;240897]The UFC was not making "millions" as you make it seem. This was before the big MMA boom that we are in that sent it where people can make more than a million. And Tito turned down that fight so many times and used so many excuses I did not realize people still defended him over it. Regardless... the fight has happened twice so whatever.[/QUOTE] Trust me, the UFC was doing just fine at that point in their history. The whole point of this was to show that different attitudes could play into the game and everyone turned it into a Bash Tito forum. Why not bash Wanderlai for ducking Chuck all those years?

The Wandy thing was all PRIDE. And they tried to make it happen with the PRIDE GP. Not to mention Wandy was there in the UFC with his PRIDE belt not once but twice (Once challenging Randy and then Chuck). Even Dana will say that it was because of DSE that that fight never happened. And it isn't becoming bash Tito, but it's not hard to see he was ducking Chuck until it became time to "try" and get his title back. It's good that he wants it so bad, but like y2trav said, magically when Randy beat Chuck he was ready again. I like Tito, he is a good coach, fighter, and personality... but the Chuck/Tito thing from yesteryear is fairly obvious to see.

[QUOTE=ACCBiggz;241101]The Wandy thing was all PRIDE. And they tried to make it happen with the PRIDE GP. Not to mention Wandy was there in the UFC with his PRIDE belt not once but twice (Once challenging Randy and then Chuck). Even Dana will say that it was because of DSE that that fight never happened.[/QUOTE] Because it's a proven fact that Dana White always tells the truth :rolleyes: . Both sides are to blame for the Chuck - Wand fight not happening. My understanding is that the UFC wanted to essentially buy-out Wand's contract with two or three remaining fights while DSE insisted on "loaning him out" only for this one fight with Liddell. They just argued over the terms until Crocop kicked Silva's head off which gave the UFC a nice little excuse to cover up the fact that they could not reach an agreement.

[QUOTE=Tommy J.;241110]Because it's a proven fact that Dana White always tells the truth :rolleyes: . Both sides are to blame for the Chuck - Wand fight not happening. My understanding is that the UFC wanted to essentially buy-out Wand's contract with two or three remaining fights while DSE insisted on "loaning him out" only for this one fight with Liddell. They just argued over the terms until Crocop kicked Silva's head off which gave the UFC a nice little excuse to cover up the fact that they could not reach an agreement.[/QUOTE] either way, it still wasnt wandy ducking chuck, there were contract legalities preventing it. and im no tito basher, im probably his biggest fan(well a huge fan anyway) and he dodged chuck for years!

[QUOTE=Tommy J.;241110]Because it's a proven fact that Dana White always tells the truth :rolleyes: . Both sides are to blame for the Chuck - Wand fight not happening. My understanding is that the UFC wanted to essentially buy-out Wand's contract with two or three remaining fights while DSE insisted on "loaning him out" only for this one fight with Liddell. They just argued over the terms until Crocop kicked Silva's head off which gave the UFC a nice little excuse to cover up the fact that they could not reach an agreement.[/QUOTE] Actually they were only talking about buying out his contract when he fought Henderson at PRIDE 33. Where he got KO'd and then there was no need for Wandy. But as y2trav said... it still was not Wanderlei ducking Chuck. And yes it was DSE's fault. There have been numerous others who have tried to do things with PRIDE in those days and DSE would always give them the run around or do something contradictary to what they were saying.

Archived