This was brought up somewhere before, but i would like to expand. I think that taking into consideration that this game will have a big focus on the business side of MMA, we must have an extensive backstage scene. In other words the owners of the big promotions usually do not put their hand in all decisions made in the organization (although they could do if they wanted). 1) I would like to have a Head Booker. Someone which could set up the fight card for the next card. You could make some changes to the card (of corse) and make a special pre promotion for certain fights or even push certain fights up or down the card. He could also make suggestions as to who should fight in case of injuries. 2) Head Scout (assuming stats will be hidden). He could be responsible for sending out his scouting team to find new talent, scout certain events or competetive shows plus he could make suggestions as to who to sign. You could give him tasks to look for a particular talent in a certain weight class ect. 3) Marketing Director. The guy resposible for all the merchandise sales, event promotions. 4) Financial Director. The person responsible for the contract signing, budget ect. He could also give advice on details such as a certain fighter being over paid or a financial burden. 5) Head Trainer. Person which gives updates on who is improving or not, who is puting an extra effort. 6) Medic. Gives reports on the fighters condition, who maybe needs an operation, he could be involved in the recovery process ect. All of the above can of corse be done manually, especially if you are running a little promotion, but once you start running a huge promotion which could "own" several smaller development teritories or "brands" (or whatever you want to call them) running 12-15 events a month, with a huge roster really becomes hectic (from my experience of TEW). You could of corse have partial or total control of certain areas which you see fit. Maybe someone has some thoughts on this or maybe can suggest some other backstage staff which could play a role in the game.

Brilliant!!! Simply Brilliant!! I agree with all of that and hope stats are hidden, the only thing I'd say different is that I feel you should hire a whole team of scouts and appoint one to be head scout. Also, having trainers that run your companies gym should cost you money. As it would take money to build it, get equipment, pay the trainers, etc. Great ideas, best I've seen so far.

i love 1, 2, and 6. although im not sure about booker. what role will we as players play? in ufc terms i see us playing dana white(president/part owner...or full owner). but if we have a joe silva role, that would make us the head booker(with someone else watching over).

[QUOTE=thedraem41;240610]Brilliant!!! Simply Brilliant!! I agree with all of that and hope stats are hidden, the only thing I'd say different is that I feel you should hire a whole team of scouts and appoint one to be head scout. Also, having trainers that run your companies gym should cost you money. As it would take money to build it, get equipment, pay the trainers, etc. Great ideas, best I've seen so far.[/QUOTE] That is what i had in mind about the scout team with one head coach plus i had a similar idea about the eqipment\trainers. I guess we think alike!!!

[QUOTE=y2trav;240656]i love 1, 2, and 6. although im not sure about booker. what role will we as players play? in ufc terms i see us playing dana white(president/part owner...or full owner). but if we have a joe silva role, that would make us the head booker(with someone else watching over).[/QUOTE] You could play any part you want! You are not forced to have a Head Booker set up the card, you could have him simply give suggestions on who he thinks should be fighting for the titles or who should be #1 contender. Or you could let him outright pick the card as he feels fit, the option is up to you. Maybe you will have him set up the minor shows and you could deal with the PPV. Or you could have him set up the undercard and you can focus on the main 2 or 3 fights of the night. This is of corse assuming you are the owner.

i like that...id like for someone to actually make the card, then you review it and make changes. if they didnt book it the way you want and you change it, then their moral/attitude toward you goes up or down. this way you can have to keep some fights you dont really like to balance out the ones you change.

[QUOTE=y2trav;240863]i like that...id like for someone to actually make the card, then you review it and make changes. if they didnt book it the way you want and you change it, then their moral/attitude toward you goes up or down. this way you can have to keep some fights you dont really like to balance out the ones you change.[/QUOTE] Well that is what i had in mind without him getting "upset" if you made any changes to the card. If however he has certain "relationships" with certain fighters then it could make sense. But in general i would not like him to get emotional about his "job".

Archived