1983-2007 The Alien Invasion

[B]June 1, 2007[/B] [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Wrestling Monthly[/U] [I]Volume 1[/I] In April of 1983, the whole modern world went into hibernation due to the threat of an immanent invasion by Alien Life Forms, people finally realized that the alien invasion was a hoax, but not until June of 2007, where the whole world is left the same as it was in 1983 just everyone is 23 years older (including everyone still being alive), how will the wrestling world survive when Bull Nakano at 40 years old is the youngest worker in the world? Will a new breed of wrestlers all be entering the wrestling world soon? Will the wrestling world survive with such an elderly roster? Will a majority of the Workers retire? Will the territories survive, or will they die out and cause a new wrestling world? Only time will tell, this is Justin Chortie, from Channel 56, [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Wrestling Monthly[/U], signing off.

[QUOTE=mad5226;240797]I'm confused...but tha means I'll be reading to see where this goes[/QUOTE] In TEW 2007 (which I bought today) I used the April 1983 territories scenario and literally just changed the starting date to June 2007. So all the workers are 24 years and 2 months older than they were originally.

[B]July 1, 2007[/B] [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Wrestling Monthly[/U] [I]Volume 2[/I] Giving You an updated look into the American Wrestling Scene The past month has been a rocket buster for wrestling fans, where surprisingly no wrestlers under 40 have started popping up in the Wrestling scene. The Territories appear to be at the same spot, with some slightly branching off. The Sensational Destroyer, The Crusher, Bob Orton Sr., Mighty Igor, El Supremo, Mil Mascaras, Otto Wanz, The Fabulous Moolah and Bobo Brazil have all announced their retirement at the end of July. However, Moolah, Bobo Brazil, and Vincent J. McMahon will not make it to August 2007, as they have all died. Our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to their families and friends. Bobo Brazil just put out his last match, beating the Sheik of Araby, with a C+ rating, at WWA's Extreme Warfare. Bob Backlund successfully defended his WWF Heavyweight title in the last month 4 times, He is known to be the longest reigning men's world champion in wrestling history, winning it on February 20, 1978, and hasn't relinquished it yet, as of July 1, 2007. None of the other titles in that Federation have changed hands either. In Mid-atlantic Championship wrestling, Team Life (Joe Leduc & Terry Funk) are the NWA World Tag Team Champions, as they beat Ricky Steamboat and Jay Youngblood for them, Mid-Atlantic's other tag title has changed as well, The Non-Conformists (Ken Timbs and Private Jim Nelson) are the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team Champions. In Georgia Championship Wrestling, the new champions all won titles which were previously vacated; Paul Orndorff, with the National Telivision Championship, Larry Zbyszko and Ole Anderson, with the National Tag Team Titles and finally Ole Anderson, with the National Heavyweight Championship Mid-Atlantic also has the honor of the best show of the month, with MACW In Your Town! filling up the 10,000 seat Boone Varsity Gym at the last show of the month, with a main event which saw Ric Flair retaining the NWA World Heavyweight Title from Terry Funk In AWA there have been no title changes at all. As Far as signings go the WWF appears to be the most positive in their acquisitions, getting people like Roddy Piper, Hulk Hogan, Michael Hayes, and Jesse Ventura. Many workers who signed to work in different promotions, walked out on the AWA, because they could not handle the workload of 3 or 4 promotions at their ages, such include: Hulk Hogan and Jesse Ventura. Stay tuned for more exciting action in next month's edition of [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Wrestling Monthly[/U].

[B]August 1, 2007[/B] [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Wrestling Monthly[/U] [I]Volume 3[/I] American wrestling industry news brought to you by the folks at [URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk Dot Com[/URL]. There are a few younger workers coming from dojos, training camps and outside avenues that are entering the wrestling world. We will make sure to track these workers to see what the American wrestling industry does with them. Now that we're done with new workers, let's talk about older workers, luckily in the last month there have been no deaths, however a much higher number of wrestlers have retired than we had previously thought would this month (a total of 18!) (however, we'll just mention workers that us Americans would know): Tony Peters, Bob Orton Sr., Smasher Sloan, Seigfried Stanke, The Sensational Destroyer, Mighty Igor, Sgt. Rene Goulet, 'Jumpin' Joe Savoldi, Keith Hart, Otto Wanz, "The Angel" Frank Morrell, Phil Hickerson, The Crusher, and Mil Mascaras have all retired. Now as for retirements this month, we're being told by multiple sources that Sgt. Slaughter, Ron Bass, Animal Hamaguchi, Ivan Koloff, Mr. Saito, Dick Murdoch, The Cuban Assassin, Rocky Johnson, and a young wrestler who many say is going to be leaving way before his prime, Hulk Hogan, who was seen as the person who could've possibly made or broken the world of professional wrestling is retiring, as a freelance worker, working as a main eventer for NJPW and WWF. There is a new avenue of which mainstream promoters have been using to televise their large events, GCW, MACW and WWF have all written up contracts with Closed Circuit Theatres to show their large events. They are not only showing their end of the month events, but all of their smaller shows, which seems kind of strange, because I doubt the smaller shows make much buy rates (a number decimal number that shows how many people saw the Pay-Per-View [as they are so called]). The biggest show was the WWF's King Of The Ring (0.45) (which was also the highest rated, and gets our event of the month award), followed by MACW's Great American Bash (0.37), then GCW's End Of Month Spectacular (0.34). The Smaller Shows in descending order are, top 2 for MACW (0.09), #3 is a 4-way tie, 2 MACW's and 2 WWF's (0.08), #7 is GCW (0.07), #8 is a 3-way tie 2 GCW's and a WWF (0.06). Now onto the Championship Changes corner... Once again, none of WWF's titles have changed hands at all, Bob Backlund defended his title a further 6 times in July, and re-signed his pay-per-appearance contract, he appears to be loyal to the wwf and not accepting other bookings. In the past two months, Don Muraco defended the intercontinental title a total of 14 times, as did Afa and Sika, the tag team champions. Just as WWF had not title changes in July, MACW did not either, in the past two months, Team Life have defended the NWA World Tag straps 3 times, The Non-Conformists have defended the Mid-Atlantic Tag belts 6 times, Dory Funk Jr. has defended The Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship a lucky 13 times, and Ric Flair has defended the big one, the NWA World Heavyweight title a lucky 13 times as well. In GCW, Mr. Wrestling II defeated Paul Orndorff (who had defended it 10 times) for the National Television Title and has since defended it once, Zbyszko and Anderson defended the National Tag Team belts 7 times, Ole Anderson has defended the National Heavyweight Championship 6 times. In AWA, Mike Graham has defended his AWA World Light Heavyweight Chamionship 6 times, David Schultz and Mr. Saito defeated Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell (who had defended them 6 times) for the AWA World Tag Tiles, and since have defended them twice. Nick Bockwinkel is still the AWA World Heavyweight Champion and has defended it 11 times. Out of the big four the only roster change is 'The Raging Bull' Manny Fernandez joining the AWA. We'll keep you posted on all news on any wrestling companies in The US at Cult or above level, unless they are extremely important, like the death of a smaller promotion or creation of a new promotion. So, Once again, keep on keepin on. This is Justin Chortie, and you've just experienced [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Monthly[/U] please check us out next month as well, thank you and have a pleasant tomorrow!

*light bulb lights up above head* Would anyone watch if I were to turn these into video news reports on youtube and I could link to them here, I don't recall seeing any video dynasties... However, i have a very bad quality cam. but would anyone be interested in viewing these, anyways?

[B]September 1, 2007[/B] [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Wrestling Monthly[/U] [I]Volume 4[/I] *Phew!* Another month of wild wrestling action, many retirements and one of the greats of this business' final moments in wrestling, ever... But first, WWF has finally taken the first step into the new world and hired a jobber by the name of Randy Crash, who was a trainee in The Gagne Barn of Wrasslin’ Training, and is an average brawler, and technician, with well above average microphone charisma, and looks, his acting is above average and his star quality is amazing. I expect big things from this kid in the future, and you should too. As far as retirements go, there will be alot of unhappy wrestling fans that won't be able to see Hulk Hogan, Sgt. Slaughter, Dino Bravo, Ivan Koloff, Rocky Johnson, Dick Murdoch, Stan Frazier, Ron Bass, Duke Of Dorchester, Jeff Gaylord, "Rotten" Ron Starr, Frenchy Martin (Pierre Martel), Cuban Assasin, Tom Rocky Stone, Pierre "Mad Dog" Lefebvremade, Animal Hamguchi or Mr. Saito wrestle ever again. In addition to those retirements, Jack Brisco, Ray Stevens, Lizmark, Dick Brower, Greg Valentine, Mitsuo Momota, Black Angus Campbell, Ian Campbell, Black Terry and Superstar Billy Graham all announced their retirements. However, Superstar Billy Graham will not be retiring next month, as once again drugs have taken ahold of one of wrestling's greatest superstars, that is right my dear friends, the great Superstar Billy Graham has died. His last match was a D+ Rated match in which he defeated Jose Luis Rivera, his best match as of late was defeating Samula for a C- rating, our hearts, thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. Now it's time to check out this month's Pay-Per View Buy Rates! 1. WWF Summerslam- 0.50 This is our choice for show of the month, with Bob Backlund retaining his title by beating Sgt. Slaughter, and Superfly Jimmy Snuka and Roddy Piper defeating The Late Superstar Billy Graham and Paul Orndorff, 2. MACW August Clash of the Champions- 0.48 Ric Flair defeating Wahoo McDaniel to retain his NWA World Heavyweight title. 3. GCW Cadillac Cup - 0.35 4. WWF In Your Neighborhood - 0.11 5. WWF/WWF/MACW/MACW- 0.10 9. MACW - 0.09 10.. WWF/GCW/MACW - 0.08 13 GCW/GCW- 0.07 15.GCW- 0.05 Now onto our Championship Corner Once again, the WWF remains without any title changes at all, Bob Backlund has defended his title another 5 times, Afa and Sika with the tag tiles 6 more times, and Don Muraco with the IC title, 7 more times. In GCW, there have been no title changes either, Mr. Wrestling II has defended the National TV title 6 times in the past month, Zbyszko and Anderson defended the National Tag belt twice in the last month, and Ole Anderson has defended the National Heavyweight Championship 4 times in the last month. In MACW, The Non-Conformists have defended the Mid-Atlantic titles 6 times in the past month, Dory Funk Jr. got one more defense of the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title, before losing it to One Man Gang, who has since defended it 4 times. Team life are still NWA Tag champs, and have defended their titles twice in the past month. Ric Flair is still the NWA World Heavyweight Champion and has defended it 5 times in the last month. In the AWA, Mike Graham defended the AWA World Light Heavyweight Title 7 times in the past month, The AWA TV Title is still vacant, David Schultz and Mr. Saito got in one more defense before losing the AWA Tag belts back to Greg Gagne and Jim Brunzell. Nick Bockwinkel defended the AWA World Heavyweight title 5 times in August and is still reigning champion. In August the AWA signed: Tommy Rich and Les Thornton, and lost Larry Hennig, Paul Orndorff, Wahoo Macdaniel, and Ken Patera. The WWF has signed Paul Orndorff, The Junkyard Dog, and Randy Crash, and have lost The Masked Superstar. GCW lost Stan Hansen, Rick McGraw, and Paul Orndorff, and have signed Buck Robley. MACW had no changes in their roster in August of 2007. As always, I am Justin Chortie, and you’ve just seen [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Monthly[/U] please check us out next month too, Thank you, and good night!

[b]October 1, 2007[/b] [u][url=http://rotnluk.com]Rot N Luk[/url] Wrestling Monthly [/u][i]Volume 5 [/i]What a month! Some of the greatest wrestling action, let me tell you what happened! Ian Campbell, Man Mountain Mike, Black Terry, Black Angus Campbell, Jay & Mike York, The Great Malumba, Ann Casey, Rambo, Keith Haward, Lizmark, Killer Tim Brooks, Ray Stevens, Greg Valentine and Jack Brisco have all retired at the end of September 2007. Retirements later this month include: Bruno Sammartino, Dusty Rhodes, Stan Hansen, Bob Armstrong, Paul orndorff, Black Gordman, and Bob Brown. Most likely just as every other month there will be more surprise retirements that we were not expecting. However, Dick Hutton and The Tonga Kid have both not survived this previous month, The Tonga Kid’s last match in South-East Championship Wrestling was a D- affair in which he teamed with Steve Armstrong to be defeated by Golden and Harris. He was teaming with Steve Armstrong, together they were becoming quite a tandem in SECW. Dick Hutton was a long-retired wrestler who was currently unemployed at the time of his death. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Samoan family, the Hutton family, and all of these two workers’ friends. Now, let’s Check out this month’s PPV Buy Rates! 1. NWA Anniversary Show – MACW - 0.60 2. GCW: End of Month Spectacular (Sept) – GCW – 0.54 3. WWF: End of Month Big Show (Sept) – WWF – 0.53 4. WWF – 0.14 5. MACW/WWF - 0.13 WWF’s 0.13 Buy Rate for WWF In Your Neighborhood, taped in Sarasota, Florida, should have had a much higher buyrate, as it was arguably the best wrestling show of the year so far. (WWF sure made a lot of new friends in Florida) 7. MACW/GCW/WWF - 0.12 10 GCW/MACW/MACW - 0.11 13. WWF/GCW - 0.10 15. GCW - 0.09 GCW appears to be the leader in American Wrestling, beating WWF by a hair, so we’ll check out their title situation first. Mr. Wrestling II is still the National Television Champion and has defended it 3 times this month, Zbyszko and Anderson defended the National Tag Team Titles 1 more time before losing it to Ronnie Garvin and Mr. Wrestling II. Ole Anderson Defended the National Title 2 times before losing it to Ronnie Garvin who has yet to defend it, and of course, as it is April, Larry Zbyszko won The Cadillac Cup Tournament title at the Stars of GCW on tour, he defeated Bill Dundee, Road Warrior Hawk, and Ole Anderson to claim that title. Afa & Sika are still reigning WWF Tag Team Champions and have defended them a further 5 times last month, Don Muraco lost the IC title at the beginning of last month to Paul Orndorff who has since defended it 5 times, and finally and most importantly after a nearly 30-year reign as champion, Bob Backlund lost after a total of 17 defences, to ‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper, who hasn’t defended it yet. Ken Timbs and Private Jim Nelson defended the Mid-Atlantic Tag Team titles 2 more times before losing them to Sweet Brown Sugar and Vinnie Valentino, however Sweet Brown Sugar walked out and the title had to be vacated before they could get in 1 defense. However the straps did not die, Rick Harris & Kelly Kiniski won the vacated titles and have defended them once. The One Man Gang has defended the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title a further 4 times, and hasn’t lost it. Team life have defended the NWA Tag belts 4 more times in the last month. Ric Flair defended the NWA World Heavyweight title 2 more times for a total of 19 defenses, before losing it to Dusty Rhodes who has defended it 4 times. Mike Graham defended the AWA World Light Heavyweight title 1 more time before losing it to Sonny Rogers who has defended it once. The TV title is still vacant. Brunzell & Gagne are still tag champs, they have defended that title 9 times. Nick Bockwinkel is still AWA World Heavyweight champion and has defended it a further 4 times this month. Jake Roberts left GCW in September of 2007, and GCW have hired no one to fill that gap in their roster. He left GCW in order to sign with the WWF, to join other recent acquisitions such as Jimmy Valiant, Ricky ‘the dragon’ Steamboat and Austin Idol, WWF also decided not to renew the contract of George ‘The Animal’ Steele. MACW have lost Sweet Brown Sugar, Jimmy Valiant and Ricky Steamboat, and have hired no one to fill those large gaps in the roster. Brock Zumhofe left AWA, however AWA have signed Dutch Mantell, Bill Dundee, Buddy Roberts and Hector Guerrero to fill big gaping holes in their roster. This has been Justin Chortie with [u][url=http://rotnluk.com]Rot N Luk[/url] Wrestling Monthly[/u] and we will be back next month with another edition, we’ll see you then, Goodnight!

[B]November 1, 2007[/B] [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Wrestling Monthly[/U] [I]Volume 6[/I] Another rocketbuster of a month by the top 4 promotions, and luckily there have been no human casualties this month. Indy Promotions MLW and SECW have taken a cue from WWF, as MLW has signed former Shoot Fighter, Cecil Garcia, 37 years old to a contract, and Randy Crash, 20-year old WWF Opener has signed with SECW. We’ll see how these promotions utilize these young rising talents and keep you posted on their development. Dusty, Rhodes, Bruno Sammartino, Paul Orndoff, Bob Armstrong, Butch Miller, Nikolai Volkoff, Stan Hansen, Bulldog Bob Brown, Masao Ito, Black Gordman, Tatsumi Fujinami, Butcher Vacon, Tommy Gilbert, Hans Schroeder and Gil Hayes among others are the names who have retired at the end of last month. Such stars as Big Daddy, Tiger Mask, Bull Ramos, Ernie Ladd, Gran Hamada and Tatsumi Fujinami are among the names speculated as retiring later this month. Small Independent promotion, WWA has folded at the end of last month. Dick The Bruiser’s wrestling company had been having major financial troubles for the past few months, and the nail in the coffin finally occurred. Their final champs were Steve Regal with the Heavyweight title and Steve Regal and Spike Huber with the Tag titles. The last big show was ironically called the end is near, it got a d- rating and a sell out crowd of 300 people in Kentuckys Lexington High School. Little is known as to whether any other companies will pick up the remanants of WWA’s roster or if the roster will flounder in unemployment. Now onto PPV Buys: 1. The Wrestling Classic – WWF – 0.88 2. The last battle for Atlanta – GCW – 0.74 3. Halloween Havoc – MACW – 0.72 4. WWF – 0.20 5. WWF – 0.18 6. MACW/GCW – 0.17 8. GCW/MACW/WWF/GCW – 0.15 12. MACW – 0.14 13. GCW/MACW – 0.13 WWF seems to be back on top, and what a month it was, Tito Santana and Ivan Putski defeated long-reigning Tag Champs, Afa and Sika who had accumulated 29 defenses of the titles, however all was not lost for the Samoans in the WWF as Afa had previously won the IC title from Paul Orndorff who had 6 defenses of the title, Roddy Piper is still reigning WWF Heavyeweight Champion and has accumulated a total of 5 defenses so far. Now as for Mid-Atlantic Championship Wrestling, Rick Harris and Kelly Kiniski are still tag champs and have accumulated 6 defenses, As for the Mid-atlantic Heavyweight title it appears to be changing left and right as Angelo Mosca Jr. beat One Man Gang for it and when he was facing Abe Jacobs in his first defense lost it to Abe, Abe has since accumulated one defense. Jos Leduc and Terry Funk are still reigning NWA World Tag Champs and have accumulated 12 defenses. Dusty Rhodes lost his NWA World Heavyweight title after 4 defenses to Dick Slater, who so far has defended it the same amount of times as Dusty Rhodes did. In GCW, Bill Dundee won the National TV title from Mr. Wrestling II after Mr. Wrestling II had accumulated 10 defenses, and Bill Dundee, so far has defended it 5 times. Ronnie Garvin and Mr. Wrestling II after 1 defense lost the tag champs to the team they won it from, Larry Zbyszko and Ole Anderson who have also made 1 defense so far. Ronnie Garvin is still reigning National Heavyweight champion and has defended his title 4 times. The AWA World Light Heavyweight strap is still on Sonny Rogers who has defended it a total of 5 times since winning it. The AWA TV title, as always is vacant, I really don’t know why they don’t just deactivate this title! Jim Brunzell and Greg Gagne still reign as AWA World tag champs and have defended those straps 15 times. Nick Bockwinkel is still AWA World Heavyweight champion and has defended that strap 27 times! AWA’s end of the month show was one of our favorites, held in the Iowa McElroy Auditorium in the Mid-West United States, all AWA needs is another TV Show or a Pay-Per View contract, and they could take off as a promotion and reign supreme, we’ll keep you posted on this story as it develops over time. Now let’s see roster changes in October WWF had no signings and let Don Kernodle’s contract run out. MACW signed absolutely no one and lost Rufus R. Jones. GCW signed Butch Reed and lost Bullet Bob Armstrong. AWA have made no acquisitions and have lost no one. This is Justin Chortie and I would like to remind you to join us again for next month’s edition of [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N luk[/URL] Wrestling[/U]!

[B]December 1, 2007[/B] [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Wrestling Monthly[/U] [I]Volume 7[/I] It's been another long month for the folks in the Wrestling Industry, let's check it out! Japanese Promotions, AJW, and AJPW have jumped into modern day by signing younger workers trained in Japanese Dojos, AJW signed Sumiko Seo, who was trained in New Japan Dojo, and AJPW signed Yoringa Irie who trained at Kai-en-tai Dojo. As was expected, Bull Ramos, Tiger Mask, Gran Hamada, Big Daddy, El Texano, Ken Patera, Ernie Ladd, and Bob Orton Jr have all retired. Retirements next month will include Nick Bockwinkel, Kintaro Oki, Gran Markus, Larry Zbyszko, Roger Kirby, Dick Steinborn and Lobo Rubio will all be among the wrestlers retiring later this month, expect more wrestlers to appear in that line-up once we get the official report. However, in a sadder note, ‘Australian’ Al Costello has passed away. [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]RNL[/URL]WM[/U] is mourning the loss of this great wrestler and former manager. We would like to send our condolences to the Costello family and all of Al’s near and dear friends. PPV TIME! 1. WWF: End Of Month Big Show (Nov) – WWF – 1.02 2. Starrcade – MACW – 0.92 3. Thanksgiving Tag Team Tournament – GCW - 0.73 4. WWF – 0.25 5. GCW/MACW/MACW/WWF – 0.23 9. GCW – 0.22 10. MACW – 0.21 11. WWF – 0.20 12. GCW – 0.18 13. MACW – 0.16 14. GCW/MACW – 0.15 16. WWF – 0.13 Championship News The WWF is still the leader, followed by GCW, then MACW, then AWA Tito Santana and Ivan Putski got in no defenses and lost their WWF Tag team championships to the tag team they won it from, Afa and Sika, and they have defended the titles 2 times since winning them. Afa is also still the WWF IC champion, and has defended his title for a grand total of 6 times. Rowdy Roddy Piper is still WWF Heavyweight Champion and has defended that belt 10 times. WWF signed Buddy Rose, Jack Howe, Road Warrior Hawk and Jerry Usher and let Dick Kroll and Dick Woehrle walk out. As far as GCW is concerned, The Spoiler beat Bill Dundee for the National TV title, Bill Dundee got in 5 defenses, and The Spoiler has since defended it 5 times, as well. Larry Zbyszko and Ole Anderson are still tag champs and have defended those belts a total of 4 times. Ronnie Garvin is still the National Heavyweight champion. Zbyszko & Anderson beat Sawyer and Thornton, Iron Sheik and Spoiler, and Garvin & Mr. Wrestling II in order to win the Omni Thanksgiving Tag Team titles. It should be interesting to see how they take the tag belts from Anderson and Zbyszko because Larry Zbyszko is retiring later this month, and Ole Anderson is the Head booker of GCW. GCW released Gordon Solie, and have hired Chris Adams and King Kong Bundy. In MACW, Rick Harris and Kelly Kiniski are still the Mid-atlantic tag champs and have defended those a total of 11 times. Alan Jacobs is still Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight champion and defended his title 8 times altogether. Dory Funk Jr. is still US Heavyweight Champion, and has defended that strap 17 times. Jos Leduc and Terry Funk still have not lost the NWA World Tag Belts, and have defended those 16 times. Dick Slater is still NWA World Heavyweight Champion and defended that title 9 times since he won it. MACW have signed Buddy Landell and have released no one. In AWA, Mike Graham beat Sonny Rogers for the AWA World Light Heavyweight title and has defended that 6 times. The TV title is still vacated. The AWA Tag Champs, David Schultz and Jerry Blackwell have not made any defenses yet, and beat Jim Brunzell and Greg Gagne as they had had 17 defenses of that title. David Schultz beat Nick Bockwinkel for the AWA World Heavyweight title, Nick Bockwinkel had 27 defenses of that title. However, before David Schultz could get a defense in, he lost his title to Buzz Sawyer, who has since defended it 3 times. AWA lost Sgt. Rene Goulet, Kenny Jay and Nick Bockwinkel and have hired no one. As we predicted in last month’s edition, AWA needs a better TV Show in order to make their promotion get the popularity to take over the wrestling world, and we got sent word that they have secured a deal with ESPN for a 1-hour show (known as AWA Undercooked) every Saturday night at 11:00, ESPN, American Sports Network is shown in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and Ontario, so AWA should be moving its way up the ranks, and may even score a deal with a PPV company. I’m going to do things a little differently this time, and give short synopses on other promotions, and workers on the rise… Calgary Stampede Wrestling Owned by Stu Hart, and booked by Keith Hart is a regional Promotion in Canada who runs shows mostly in The Prairies, however have branched out into Ontario and British Columbia. The Hart family is pretty much the main show, with Bret Hart (who really is a great wrestler and is very popular in The Praries, however his popularity in other areas is limited), Stu’s son/Keith’s Brother as the CSW North American Champion, who has defended that title 7 times, and has had it since October of 1982. The former tag champs are Bret and Bruce Hart. This promotion showcases Technical wrestling from around the world, with such stars as the Hart family, Davey Boy Smith, and Dynamite Kid. ‘Big Cat’ Ernie Ladd, booker for MSW and owner ‘Cowboy’ Bill Watts reportedly a verbal spat between the two that began based on the direction the company was going in and it ended with ‘Cowboy’ Bill Watts relieving Ernie Ladd of his booking duties and releasing him to free agency. Bill Watts began booking the shows himself with help from his all-star booking team including Grizzly Smith, Jim Ross, Jerry Stubbs, Ted Dibiase, and Mr. Wrestling II, until low and behold, Gary Hart, a manager working in GCW, MACW and WCCW stepped up and took the position of head booker for MSW. This was Justin Chortie, and I'd like to welcome you to join us for another edition of [U][URL="http://rotnluk.com"]Rot N Luk[/URL] Wrestling Monthly[/U] Next Month!

[b]January 1, 2008[/b] [u][url=http://rotnluk.com]Rot N Luk[/url] Wrestling Monthly[/u] [i]Volume 8[/i] We’d like to welcome you into the new year in this year 2 double oc 8 what will happen to the wrestling world? Only time will tell, you’re watching [u][url=http://rotnluk.com]Rot N Luk[/url] Wrestling Monthly[/u] and this is our special 2007 Year in Review episode. But, first we’ll start off with the normal announcements of retirements: Dave McKigney, Kato Kung Lee, Nick DeCarlo, Dr. Jerry Graham, Dick Steinborn, Motoshi Okuma, Super Pinocho, Lobo Rubio, Kintaro Oki, Gran Markus, Gypsy Joe, Roger Kirby, Larry Zbyszko (who never lost the tag titles in GCW, that had to be vacated) and Nick Bockwinkel all have retired in this past month. As far as this mmonth’s upcoming retirements go, Mt. Wrestling, Larry Hennig, Pat Patterson, Johnny Weaver, Giant Baba and Mad Dog Vachon are the names floating around the retirement circle. On a sadder note, there have been 12 deaths in the past month, Coach John Heath, David Morgan, Roy Heffernan, Billy Joe Travis, Sonny Fargo, Sam Muchnick, Salvador Lutteroth, Frank Tunney, Gory Guerrero, Chick Donovan, Bob Geigel and Don Owen have all died. Our condolences go out to the families and friends of those workers. Now it’s time to check out Pro Wrestling Hits Magazine’s power 100-91 wrestlers list. 100. Pedro Morales Who works as a Main Eventer for WWC, and a Upper Midcarder for WWF. His highest rated matches at a rating of c+ are tag team matches, speaking of which He and Invader I are current holders of the WWC World Tag Straps. His W-L-D record is 55-22-8 99. Jerry Stubbs Better known as Mr. Olympia is currently working for HCW and MSW as an Upper Midcarder and SECW as a Main Eventer. He has had some amazing B+ matches. has been Alabama Heavyweight Champion and HCW #1 Contender in the past year, and is the Current half holder of the Mid-South Tag Team Titles with Ted Dibiase, his record is 73-43-2. 98. El Satanico El Satanico works for CMLL as a main eventer. has won no titles but got close to winning the CMLL tag belts multiple times in the last year. Has performed in some singles C+ matches. His record is 17-15-0 97. Gama Singh Gama Singh works as an Upper Midcarder for AGPW and CSW, and a midcarder in MLW. Currently one half of the CSW International Tag Champs with Dynamite Kid. His two best matches were against Bret 'The Hitman' Hart, wothy of a c+ rating. His record is 15-17-1 96. Perro Aguayo Perro Aguayo is a main eventer in CMLL, and an Upper Midcarder in UWA. His best matches are rated C+ In the past year he won and lost the UWA World Junior Lightweight title, and UWA World Trios (Twice). His record is 56-26-1 95. Pampero Firpo Pampero Firpo is an occasional wrestler in MLW. Wrestled one C+ match against The Sheik, and has a record of 2-6-0. 94. Babe Face Babe Face is an Upper Midcarder in CMLL, who had shots at NWA World Welterweight title, and the CMLL Tag Titles. His best match was a 6-man tag team match that got a C-rating. His Record is 8-12-1 93. Osamu Kido Osamu Kido is a Main Eventer in NJPW, has been involved in 4 C matches. He's had shots at the WWF International Heavyweight Title and IWGP Tag League Titles. His record is 18-17-2 92. Davey Boy Smith Davey boy Smith is an Upper Midcarder in NJPW who recently left Calgary Stampede Wrestling. which is strange because his best outing was a C-rated Match was in CSW. He has had shots at the British Commonwealth Mid-Heavyweight title in Stampede Wrestling. His record is 29-27-1. 91. Curt Hennig Curt Hennig is a Midcarder working for AWA, who has a few C-rated matches under his belt, has won and gotten a chance at no titles in the last year. His record is 22-22-0 Wow, that list really does successfully list the top wrestlers… stay tuned for next month’s edition to see 90-81 Their vote for Young Wrestler of the year is Yoringa Irie; veteran of the year: Dick Slater; female wrestler of the year: Jaguar Yokota; Match of the Year Ric Flair Beating Ricky Steamboat at MACW’s In Your Town which occurred in week 2 of September 2007 and was an A quality match, card of the year: MACW in Your Town! The final one of the year, which garnered a b- rating overall. This month will see some smaller promotions in peril due to the loss of their owners, as Todd Tomko has inherited ASW, and Robert Fuller has inherited SECW, both Federation’s head bookers have jumped ship once the owner left, and now the feds need new head bookers. Eddie Graham, owner of Championship Wrestling from Florida decided that his promotion needed a shake-up and Booker: Dusty Rhodes was not the man to do it, as he and Eddie fought over some roster cuts Eddie wanted to make, so Eddie changed his mind and instead of forcing Dusty to fire the worker, Eddie fired Dusty. Eddie Graham was booking the shows with his booking team which includes JJ Dillon, Coach John Heath, Kevin Sullivan, Angelo Mosca, and Hiro Matsuda, that is until Montgomery Van came along and took the opening for head booker. We’ll be back in our normal format next month with wrestler transactions for the top US promotions, and title changes, however, we have run out of time, and that will do it for this month’s edition of [u][url=http://rotnluk.com]Rot N luk[/url] Wrestling,[/u] this is Justin Chortie, signing off!

Archived