Jason Kidd's a plague

Guest IrishHand

Guest IrishHand
From the NYPost: "According to a source inside the team, Kidd will be fined for missing Tuesday night's workout. Yesterday, Kidd said he had yet to receive notice of a penalty and will continue to skip night practices. "It was no misunderstanding," Kidd told reporters. "I don't come in nights. With permission or without permission. I've always talked to them and told them what I was going to do." This guy is making in the neighborhood of $15M this season. It's not enough that he got his coach fired even though he kept briging them to the Finals. Nor is it enough that he sent his team into cap hell by forcing them to sign Mourning to a long-term deal with no injury insurance provision. Now he's taking evenings off? I take it he's on that rigorous 10am-1pm work schedule? Why the Nets don't simply suspend the guy then fine the crap out of him for criticizing the organization (that's in NBA player contracts, I believe, "acting against the interests of the team") is beyond me. Tell the crybaby that as soon as he's man enough to show up when he's told to, he gets nothing. Then, when he starts playing poorly (as he did to get rid of Scott), remind him that his contract makes him untradeable unless he impersonates an All-Star for a couple of weeks or so. Naturally, you trade him to the first team stupid enough to want the coach-killing wife-beater. :)

Kidd may not have to try to play poorly after he comes back. He had the same microfracture procedure done on his knee that ended Mashburn and Terrell Davis' careers. The same procedure Allen Houston had this offseason and the same that has pretty much ended the career of the Jag's Tony Brackens. The severity of Kidd's injury hasn't gotten the news it should.

[QUOTE=Wranglers110]You know...I don't recall many problems from him when he was at Cal or playing for the Mavericks...perhaps he's a basketball Merlin: he gets more immature by the day? :D[/QUOTE] Uhhh...there were plenty of problems when he was with the Mavs...with the whole him versus JJ thing for Toni Braxton being the highlight.

Archived