NYCW: Old School Revisited

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, after weighing other people's opionions, and my own thoughts, I have decided to see how the save game transfers to 08, play with it a bit, and then decide if I will continue the diary, or take a break and begin another one later. IN the meantime, I will take a hiatus from diary writing until after 08 comes out and I see how things go. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and hopefully enjoy my work. :D

This is the universal dilemma for the old guard, it seems - to continue with this albatross baby project that we've all individually and collectively taken on, or pound the reset button? I don't have it in me to walk away from DaVE - it's gonna be that or nothing, I don't want to re-invent my own personal wheel - but if you've got the gas in the tank to make a clean start with new guys, I say go for it. But don't bail without making the "here's what happened to..." It was a hell of a run.

[QUOTE=Monkeypox;429615]This is the universal dilemma for the old guard, it seems - to continue with this albatross baby project that we've all individually and collectively taken on, or pound the reset button? I don't have it in me to walk away from DaVE - it's gonna be that or nothing, I don't want to re-invent my own personal wheel - but if you've got the gas in the tank to make a clean start with new guys, I say go for it. But don't bail without making the "here's what happened to..." It was a hell of a run.[/QUOTE] Well, I have decided that I will do a different promotion when 08 is out fully, and I have played around with it for a while. But to keep Monkeypox happy ( he really needs a pickme up after finding out DAVE is gone :( ;) ) here is what happened through the end of the year. Chance Fortune won the title shot at the next PPV at KONY and went on to face Lenny Brown. But not alone as Perez got his rematch clause, and in a big tv moment, Ernest Youngman ended Fortune's unbeaten streak (with a lot of help from the Triad) to win a spot in a fatal four way at Christmas of Champions. Brown won the four way with some shenanigans from Lisa Bowen. Revolution stands atop NYCW by the end of the year as an injury to Harry Allen forced the Midnight Riders to vacate the tag titles, which were then won by the new tag team of Nicolas Lopez and Sabra Man Jr as Revolution, in a match against former champions Foreign Invasion. But all is not well in Revolution as right after KONY, the other three members turned on Felipe Caballero and kicked him out of Revolution, leading to a face turn. He was subsequently attacked and mauled by the Triad's Primus Allen, acting as a paid mercenary, but was saved by David Mack, leading to various matches between Mack and Caballero on one side and members of Revolution and the Triad on the other. The Triad are still riding a wave of momentum as Ota retains the Tri-State title, Youngman is basking in the momentum of ending Fortune's undefeated streak, and Primus Allen is still mowing down every thing in his path, even defeating David Mack in a cage match at the December PPV. The Triad are also co-existing with Revolution at the moment, but Youngman's ambition will rear its head eventually. In a payoff from all the Grandmaster Phunk skits, he finally insults Kristen Pearce and Jenny once too often, and the bitter rival divas band together to stand up to the Phunkster. That leads to a handicap match between Phunk and the two girls that lasts all of a minute before Steve Flash makes an appearance to save the divas. That led to a Legends match at the december PPV between Steve Flash and Grandmaster Phunk , with Flash winning. The end of the year awards saw Frankie Perez vs Lenny Brown as Match of the year and King of New York as show of the year. NYCW won most improved promotion for the third time. Future plans would probably have been having Perez feud with the Triad while Fortune chased Lenny Brown, and won the belt with the help of the betrayed Felipe Caballero. Acidic would probably have won the Tri-State title again and there would have been some kind of war games between the top faces and the Triad and Revolution. Then finally Revolution and the Triad would have had a power struggle as the two stables each staked their claim for power. That was all the ideas I had for this diary. But we can now consider this chapter closed. However, stay tuned, because coming to the TEW 2008 Dynasty forums in the relatively near future will be the continuation of the David Mack Chronicles: The CGC Era!

Archived