Cornellverse Explored

[QUOTE][FONT="Arial"][I]I have pondered over doing something like this for a little while ever since seeing The Watchers Journal but never got around to it. Today i thought about starting a new game up but didn't really want to start in January so i autoclicked right through to June. Upon getting there i realised that i had 6 months of data just sitting there that i could use as a prelude to my diary. But then thought why not just carry on autoclicking through and giving more detail than The Watchers Journal did.. Which led to this... [/I][/FONT][/QUOTE] [CENTER][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="3"][B]The Cornellverse Explored[/B][/SIZE] [I](In Detail)[/CENTER][/I] [B]January 2007:[/B] It was all change in 2007 as MPWF, ROF, MoSC, CZCW, WEXXV & RIPW all replaced their head bookers within the first week. MPWF hired Marcos Flores, ROF hired Arson Wells, MoSC hired Jamie Anderson, CZCW hired Shawn Gonzalez, WEXXV hired Burning EXILE RIPW hired Shane Sneer However following that the promotions went quiet, with Burning EXILE hiring Taka Kajiwara & Hidetada Kozu for the announcers booth, and Shane Sneer signing Rodger Dodger on a developmental contract. While not making any signings, Shawn Gonzalez appeared on a local TV show. He answered fans questions about the new direction that CZCW would take under his leadership, but he let slip something that may come back and bite him on the arse. He gave away to a fan that Cliff Anderson and himself dont really see eye to eye on the direction that CZCW would be taking and that after since becoming booker they had developed a strong dislike of each other, with the DJ holding an on air poll afterwards about whether Shawns days were numbered already. GDS Cult Hero Jim 'Buy My Merchandise' Force shocked fans when he upped and left USPW for his old stomping ground SWF. Following his departure Freddie Datsun & Corporal Doom followed his example however heading to TCW. [B]Title News:[/B] Sexual Aggression [SIZE="1"][I](Joe Sexy & Angry Gilmore)[/I][/SIZE] ended the reign of the Biggz Boyz capturing the [I]SWF World Tag Team Championship[/I]. Acid & Scout won the [I]DaVE Tag Team Championship[/I] from The New Jersey Devils [I][SIZE="1"](Alex Braun & Tank Bradley)[/SIZE][/I] Dark Angel beat Harrison Hash for the [I]NOTBPW Unlimited Action Championship[/I] [B]Other News[/B]: European League of Professional Fighters & Canadian Women's Wrestling Federation open [B]Coming Up:[/B] [I]Who takes over ELPF & CWWF, Which promotion rises in size, Which two get new PPV deals & a return to wrestling as we explored February 2007.[/I][/FONT] [QUOTE][FONT="Arial"]If you want to know how a particular worker (singular, not plural) is doing, let me know and i will add a segment on what certain workers do each month if they dont make the main section.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's always good to see how much the gameworld changes over time, that's what made The Watcher's Journal so appealing... well that and Adam was the one putting it together. Should be interesting especially given the patches that have been implemented since that began and ended. Is there any point where you might jump in (say 2012 or something?) or are you simply letting this run and run?

Im thinking i might just let this run on, and see what happens past where The Watchers Journal ended. See if Tommy Jr is destined for big things. But then again, if i see a point to jump in, i can always copy the save and do both

[QUOTE=Sensai of Mattitude;246764]I personally think it would be kinda neat if, at some point, you jump in and create your own promotion and have a look to see who's left on the indy scene at that point, to add a bit of uniqueness. [B]Oh, and I bet I can guess who rose in size[/B]. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE] Surely not.. Because they never do that [I]EVERY SINGLE GAME[/I]!! :D (nothing mean intended. Just sarcasm at the game)

[FONT="Arial"][B]February 2007:[/B] The first week of February was a bit of a snorefest. Michael Moodie (aka Razor Valentine) announced to the world that he was the owner of ELPF and had hired Derrick Merrick as his head booker. They hired the usual staple of european workers like Toby Juan Kanobi, Mr. Evillness, Herschel The Hammer & Jed High. Possibly trying not to be outdone, a few days later Larry Wood called a press conference to explain that he was the owner of CWWF (you can imagine all the 'got wood' jokes already cant you). Larry Wood announced a roster that would have Remianen's attention including the likes of Wanda Fish, Principessa, Sara Marie York, Raven Nighfall & Suzanne Brazzle. However neither promotion could match the anticipation the media had for another event. For a few weeks, rumours circled the internet about Jesse Christian's return to wrestling. Media vultures were camping outside his house waiting to ask the two-time SCCW Champion if he would indeed to returning to a ring near them, and mid-month they had there answer. Jesse Christian called a press conference to tell the world that his exile from wrestling was at an end and that he wanted to be on our screens and please his fans. However the media response was negative towards him, brandishing him as someone who doesn't love the sport, just the money. In other news, GDS's bi-monthly report on wrestling, highlighted MAW as the promotion to watch. They explained that after the Rip Chord Invitational (which Mainsteam Hernandez won by the way), MAW had put on another steller show and the writer felt that local wasn't a big enough word to descibe them anymore. He henceforth dubbed them a small promotion destined for great things. Feburary also saw further announcements with new television deals being signed. SWF, OLLIE, WLW, PGHW, NOTBPW, & BHOTWG all announced shows to start next season. However fogie fave USPW had the opposite news to announce. Following a gradual decrease in viewer ratings (probably due to old age deaths), Sports America pulled the plug on American Wrestling leaving USPW completely off air. The resulting lack of TV exposure caused the PPV Red, White & Blue to not feature a World Championship match. Not to be outdone by all the TV deals being signed, Phil Vibert spent february hard at work securing a PPV deal for DaVE with USA Free Choice. Meanwhile in Japan, Tadiyuki Kikkawa signed a 12 month deal with J-Remote 1 for his own PPV deal. [B]Title News:[/B] Varones Americanos defeated Continental Connection for the Campeones de Parejas MPWF titles. Puerto Rican Power defeated Steve Flash for the NYCW Tri-State Regional title. Swarm I, Tafeal Ruiz & Phoenix I defeated Slayyer, Hexx & Decimalo for the Campeones de Trios OLLIE titles. Demon Spite defeated Nicky Champion for the Vacated USPW National title [B]Coming Up:[/B] [I]Another promotion rises & three wrestlers announce retirement as we explore March 2007[/I] [/FONT] [QUOTE][FONT="Arial"]As previously stated, if you want to know how a particular worker is doing, let me know[/FONT][/QUOTE]

I've liked this idea ever since the Watcher's Journal, so you can bet I'll be keeping an eye this - just keep up this level of detail every month and we'll be golden :D Looking forward to seeing how some of the "new" new workers like Seiji Jimbo, Bussho Makiguchi and Nishiren Amagawa do in the long run!

[QUOTE=Clarity;247377]Depending on the sucess of this one, i think i may try a 1975 watchers diary once this one runs it's course[/QUOTE] Well, I'd read it! Seriously, with the new release there will be enough action to get out of the 70s.. once you're there, the characters from the real CV start debuting and things get interesting! I haven't actually played that far in, though, so I'm curious as to how it would look. Still, the updated data for 1.4 will also provide some new perspectives on the CornellVerse, as unless I'm mistaken there are over 100 new workers who never existed in the Watcher's Journal.

*crosses fingers* Im sure i can stick with this one. It means i can just stick on an auto clicker for a month and then do a write up.. No thinking of storylines, no hiring, firing and juggling of finances.. Especially what my sleep deprived, at work at 5am brain needs right now

[QUOTE=Clarity;247369]Possibly trying not to be outdone, a few days later Larry Wood called a press conference to explain that he was the owner of CWWF (you can imagine all the 'got wood' jokes already cant you). Larry Wood announced a roster that would have Remianen's attention including the likes of Wanda Fish, Principessa, Sara Marie York, Raven Nighfall & Suzanne Brazzle.[/QUOTE] Yeah, happens in every game. Larry Wood takes over CWWF and signs the same handful of workers from AAA. Principessa won't be there by August since her other contract (a PPA) comes up for renewal and she gets locked up onto a written to be Jana Marie Bowen or Melody Cuthill's nemesis. By the end of 07, AAA will have made ONE move (letting Wanda Fish go) and signed ONE new person (Annie Hitchc0ck or Alison Capone). Also, Larry's going to name Wanda head booker. :)

[QUOTE=Remianen;247439]Also, Larry's going to name Wanda head booker. :)[/QUOTE] Really? Because every game I played has Leo Davis becoming head booker... and it also gets annoying, because it seems even if you have great reputation, Larry won't accept you as head booker. ;)

[FONT="Arial"][B][SIZE="3"]March 2007:[/SIZE][/B] Meanwhile in Canada & Japan, three seperate press conferences were called the first week. Kim Gallagher (aka Nicci Powers) was explaining that her career in wrestling wasn't taking off all that well and she was retiring to concentrate on fitness work. Over in Japan, former NOTBPW Womens Champion Junko Hayakawa, announced that upon returning to Japan, the work had dried up and she was going to move into training the next generation of wrestlers. Finally, Namiyo Muro - two time 5 Star World Champion - told the world that she was ending her career. Namiyo had been out of work since leaving 5SSW following a contract dispute and would now be concentrating on training rookies. Last months GDS writer broke his bi-monthly web report with another blog. He explained to everyone that he had been at the Hall of Nagahama for Hinote Dojo's last show labelled 'The Force' where Heihachiro retained the All-Japan Championship against Brother Yosh[SIZE="1"]1[/SIZE]taka and upgraded their status to small. However his jet setting adventure didn't end there as he headed to Bikers Paradise, New England for RIPW's Glory Days. He concluded that as a company their performance was exceptional and attendance had doubled, and as such, reclassified them as small as well. 5SSW announced that the Wraithchild tour would start in April, but would be preceeded by Dragon's Fire Excel at Doshisha Athletic Center. Signing on for the tour were Dragon Assassin, Umeko Hotta, & Nene Ebina. TCW announced to the world that they had the fullest commitment in Joel Bryants talents as head booker as they extended his contract for another nine months. Wrestling experts commented on whether Joel had become Tommy Cornells lapdog as he retained against BLZ Bubb at Just Another Day, however Joel did put Troy Tornado over Tommy's protege Wolf Hawkins. [B]Title News:[/B] Dark Angel defeated Marihito Masuko [I]for the Burning Junior Championship (holds that and NOTBPW All Action)[/I] Herschel The Hammer defeated Kalu Owusu [I]for the ELPF #1 Contender title[/I] Jed High defeated Scott Van Den Berg [I]for the ELPF International Championship[/I] Mike Watson defeated Marat Khoklov [I]for the King Of Fighters Championship (Marat made 13 defences)[/I] Alysian Scotsfield & Sean McFly [I]win the Ed Henson Memorial Tag Team Cup[/I] Buddy Garner defeated Yoshimi Mushashibo [I]for the PGHW Elite Series title[/I] Mito Miwa defeated Yoshimi Mushashibo [I]for the PGHW Glory Crown[/I] Bart Biggz defeated Zimmy Bumfhole [I]for the SWF Shooting Star Championship[/I] Jed High defeated Joey Beauchamp [I]for the UCR European Championship[/I] Saionji Omura defeated Ryu Kajahara [I]for the WEXXV Warrior's Heart Championship[/I] [B]GDS Watchlist:[/B] Jean Cattley (aka The Mean Machine) - Coming Soon Cal Sanders - Coming Soon Sherie Guthrie (aka Cherry Bomb) - Coming Soon [B]Coming Up:[/B] [I]Easter, oh and wrestling. After the recent promotion rises, we see some fall, but who falls and who gets cut as a result? We have another two retirements announced, with one of them being a multiple promotion champion. Any guesses who? And we are still looking for people to put on the GDS Watchlist.[/I] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=Alex Gariepy;247445]Really? Because every game I played has Leo Davis becoming head booker... and it also gets annoying, because it seems even if you have great reputation, Larry won't accept you as head booker. ;)[/QUOTE] He's right. Leo Davis got the book

This is great man, and I guess I'll be the first one to make a watch request. I'm anxious to see what Mean Jean Cattley does. I only ask because in most of the games I play he has a great MAW career but nothing more. However in my latest diary he has signed a PPA agreement with NOTBPW and his popularity has sky rocketed to a C in both America and Canada. So it will be interesting to see how things go for him this time around. Also if it isn't to much trouble [b]IF[/b] Cal Sanders ever finds work could you let me know; he's my idol =)

[FONT="Arial"]I have updated Marchs post with coming soons for Jean and Sanders so expect reports on them in the coming months.. But heres what they have been up to so far in 2007: [B]Jean Cattley:[/B] Mean Jean started off 2007 with a big coming runner-up in the Rip Chord Invitational. Since losing that match he has gone on to beat Des Davids in two straight matches and still holds the book at MAW. [B]Cal Sanders:[/B] Cal Sanders is still working the Independant Circuits but has yet to rack up a win. His recent losses are to K-Squared, Valentine & Biff The Bruiser. He has got better at Brawling and people seem to Respect him just that little bit more.[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Clarity;247462]He's right. Leo Davis got the book[/QUOTE] Odd. The last 11 games I've played have all had Larry Wood take over as owner of CWWF (when they debut) and give the book to Wanda. In fact, in my diary game, she's still the booker there now (and AAA let her go for what I believe to be a war declared between them and CWWF. No 'contract expiry', just "Wanda Fish has now left AAA" which I assume is due to war). Anyway, I can't think of anyone to watch for besides maybe Cherry Bomb. I'd like to know if she becomes CWWF's first champion like she has in the last handful of games I've played (Kristabel Plum or Katherine Goodlooks becomes their midcard champion a lot as well).

[QUOTE=Clarity;247505]CWWF's first show happens in May and Cherry Bomb is indeed on the card.. Will add her to the watch list But so far she has faced Raven Nightfall three times for the AAA Top Contenders title and lost each time[/QUOTE] I'm starting to swell a little by this :eek: ... these two are my favorites..

[FONT="Arial"][B][SIZE="3"]April 2007[/SIZE][/B] After a particulary bad episode of SWF TNT involving poorly booked angles, no continutity, and a main event involving Skull DeBones against Remo, GDS's resident expert and blogger made the move to a monthly format, and the main reason was SWF. From his blog: [I]'How can you have that much money, a roster full of talent individuals and screw it up that badly. You have a midget Skull DeBones running around under orders from Remo and they consider it their main storyline. Wheres Runaway Train and the championship.. Richard Eisen & Sam Keith need to get their heads checked out as rumors are flying that the locker room isn't happy. SWF really isn't anything more than a cult promotion in my eyes"[/I] And just how right he was. Just days after his blog, the exodus from SWF started. It started with Mikel Alonso, swiftly followed by Shady K, Knuckles, Jim 'Buy My Merchandise' Force, then Brett Biggz, Jessie, & Duane Fry. Just days after losing to Mike Watson for the King Of Fighters Championship, Marat Khoklov announced his departure from INSPIRE. He cited managerial difficulties but the fans knew he was unhappy about losing. Over in the UK, recently retired MoSC Champion Donny Damage left ROF to pursue other opportunities. However since claiming that he no longer wanted to wrestle, the chances may be far fetched. Speaking of recently retired, Takesi Umehara decided to hang up his boots since he could no longer find any more work. Also retiring this month was Derek 'The Stomper' Bradford. The Stomper announced a new age for NYCW. One where he wouldn't be stepping between the rings but guiding events from the sidelines, and with Jungle Jack, Puerto Rican Power & Sienna DeVille on the books, the average age should have dropped a little. [B]Title News:[/B] Nightmare defeated Daniel Black Francis [I]for the 21CW United Kingdom Championship[/I] Saori Nakadan defeated DEVIL Karube [I]for the 5 Star All-Asian Championship[/I] Washichi Inao & Silver Shibanuma defeated Kansuke Konda & Hyosuke Kokan [I]for the Burning Junior Tag Team Championship[/I] Vin Tanner defeated JD Morgan [I]for the DaVE Brass Knuckles Championship (Making his 3-time Champ)[/I] Yasuhide Tayama defeated Takayuki 2000 [I]for the GCG Openweight Championship (Made 20 defences)[/I] Jungle Jack & American Machine defeated Wiley Coyete [I]for the NYCW Tag Team Championship[/I] Dread defeated Bryan Holmes [I]for the PGHW Historical Japan Championship[/I] American Buffalo defeated Rocky Golden [I]for the TCW International Championship[/I] Miss Information defeated Anna Ki for the [I]UCR Female Championship[/I] [B]GDS Watchlist:[/B] [B]Jean Cattley:[/B] [I]Mean Jean carries on establishing a streak by beating Rockin' Ryan Turner.[/I] [B]Cal Sanders:[/B] [I]Finally ends his losing spree with a victory against K-Squared in a canadian indy match.[/I] [B]Sherie Guthrie:[/B] [I]Tagged with Suzue Katayama and defeated Wild Times (Devil's Daughter & Vixxen)[/I] [B]Marc DuBois[/B] [I]Nothing newsworthy has happened this year yet. Marc currently has only won one singles match and a 3v3 match and is frequently being pitted against Big Smack Scott.[/I] [B]Aaron Andrews[/B] [I]Aaron Andrews has only recently come out of a 9 match losing streak by beating Freddie Datsun. He was recently seen in a thrown together 3v3 match on the TCW PPV Where Angels Fear To Tread.[/I] [/FONT]

I've got two I'd like you to keep an eye on - two big rookies, Marc DuBois and Aaron Andrews. Andrews [I]will[/I] explode sometime, and it'd be nice to see his development through the ranks. DuBois on the other hand, always seems to be the most underutilised talent on the planet, dwarfed by the Bumfholes, and I want to see him finally make it (not rot halfway down NOTBPW's card).

Archived