A bunch of ideas..

Hi! I was working on coding my own MMA sim in the past, and here were some of the ideas that I had when I was planning out the project.. maybe some of these ideas can be of help to you or spark some conversation here. This is just copied and pasted from one of my old documents: - Fighters would learn new things and improve skills based on their primary fight team, and supplementary fight team. Depending on who you train with, the fighter will see minor skill improvements through his career. Train with Cro Cop and improve your striking skills, train with Nog and gain submission skills - Injuries: Fight through injuries, but maybe you'll favor that right hand. Injuries would have the potential to keep a fighter from competing, or may end his career. - State athletic commissions set rules & weight classes, fight in Japan or Brazil and you can have open weight matches and one night tournaments. Schedule a card in California and you'll have no choice but to use a cage. - Improve production values to draw larger crowds and sell more DVDs.. hire production companies to produce DVDs or VHS faster.. get TV & PPV deals. Buy new mats for your fights, purchase a new cage, lighting system and pyrotechnics, etc. All of these things would help draw larger crowds and build your fan base. - Contract system: Sign fight contracts for 1-6 fights.. or multi-year salary deals which fighters will rarely accept. - Out of the ring problems: Bar fights, press conference fights, bad attitudes, lack of training.. Can make weight? Getting fat? Out of shape from too much time off? Lack of motivation? - Popularity for fighters increases the draw of the crowd. - Also individual rivalries & fight team rivalries which can start randomly.. Somebody gets an extra shot in after the bell? Perhaps a rivalry will spark. - Worldwide fighter rankings show where the fighters in your organization rank against other fighters from around the world. Rankings will come from different sources, so there will be internet rankings based on different websites, etc. - Championship prestige. If your champion has defended his title several times, and the title has never been vacant, you can increase the prestige of the title. Titles having prestige will increase the hype for a match when the title is put on the line. - Random new fighters join dojos and start on small shows, old fighters weaken and retire. - Comments section in each fighter's profile. Additions to this section will be semi-frequent including noting a fighters injuries, improvements, and moves he's learned. Also who he's trained with and sparred with most frequently. - Grappling competitions help a fighter increase his grappling skills, and will victories will be noted in his comments. - A fighter's network of friends and trainers and training partners can help him get more fights and notoriety. - Hype system for fights. This will help you see who the fans really came to see. Did the fans turn out in droves to see your Mark Horminik vs. Yves Edwards match? Or are they really there to see BJ and GSP? - Open up a training school with random applicants and their graded skillset based on their previous experience (if any). Hire trainers, improve your facilities.. build fighters from the ground up to fight in your organization, - Primary and secondary disciplines. - Medical suspensions. - Weigh ins. - Vegas Odds. - Referee: Loose (more exciting finishes, injuries more frequent) Tight (less exciting finishes, less medical suspensions, safer from injuries)

Most of what you mentioned has already been mentioned. Vegas Odds was not. Secondary diciplines was also not (quite like that one). Allot of the options like the Championship prestige, weigh ins, outside the ring trouble, training, dojos ect, ect is already in. (at least we think so)

[QUOTE=MrBriggs;250304] - State athletic commissions set rules & weight classes, fight in Japan or Brazil and you can have open weight matches and one night tournaments. Schedule a card in California and you'll have no choice but to use a cage. [/QUOTE] I have a problem with this. California allows the use of the ring since IFL ran there in 2006 I believe. Nevada allows one night tournaments since this year. As for the weight classes for the sake of simplicity and the general irrelevance of openweight mathces (because Pride OWGP was a glorified HWGP featuring Wanderlei Silva) we should stick to Unified Rules weight classes.

Archived