Cool tag division...

Sadly, my Kirk Luckett guy got deleted due to me being stupid. However, I started again in DOTT, and for all the slack the tag ranks get in this game sometimes, man... it's the best part of the game right now. I'm in a team with my new guy and Buzz Tyler the game autonamed "Bad Habit"--a pretty cool name. However, they've been working my feuds into it well, since I feuded with Tully (gulp) and now am feuding with Harley (double gulp), at least once every two weeks Buzz and my guy have wresled some combo of Stan Hansen/Tully Blanchard/Harley Race/Dr. Tom Prichard, with the occasional other guy like Johnny Rodz mixed in. We've won everyone, but it's nothing like going from squashing Shane Douglas in PNW to looking at who your wrestling next and seeing a Elimination tag against HARLEY RACE AND STAN HANSEN!!!! Luckly, I'm friends with all 4 of the guys I listed above in the game. Dr. Tom is tough as piss--I've hit him with Double Heart Kicks many, many times, and it never puts the poor SOB down. Oh also, in AWA, Larry Hennig despite his spirit is my training dummy. I destroy him. Just work on his crappy legs and he goes down easily. Just mainevented AWA's biggest annual show aganist him and won the TV Title.

Hee! Well, it sounds like it was good while it lasted. I'd love to hear anything more you have to say about your DOTT game, though... I think it was put together extremely well, and you have the benefit of facing true wrestling legends in the game.

Great Story! It reminds me how much I enjoy this game, heh. I'm a tad partial to the kayfabe era, as it was the one time I could call myself a fan. All of those names listed by Monk brings back a lot of great memories. It just goes to show how much fun the fighting aspect of Wrestling Spirit can be. We tried some different things to spice the game up with the Death of the Territories scenario (taunts and other nuances that enhance the psychology of the matches, illegal piledrivers in Mexico, etc.), but WreSpi's 'fighting engine' is darned good on its own. I'm a huge fan of this game. Even if the 'booking engine' drives me up the wall. :)

Archived