GDS's 'Favorite CornellVerse Character' Round 2 RESULTS/DISCUSSION

Okay, after a couple of generally manic days I have finally finished tallying up the votes for Round 2 of t competition. The results are as follows: Johnny Bloodstone (21) vs. [B]Samoan Machine (26)[/B] Victoria Stone (13) vs. [B]Mean Jean Cattley (34)[/B] [B]Jack Bruce (26)[/B] vs. Eric Tyler (21) Josh Jones (10) vs. [B]Nicholas Lopez (37)[/B] [B]Brent Hill (32)[/B] vs. Insane Machine (16) Valiant (13) vs. [B]Jack DeColt (34)[/B] [B]Art Reed (30)[/B] vs. Squeeky McClean (17) [B]Wanda Fish (30)[/B] vs. Elmo Benson (17) The Natural (14) vs. [B]Acid (33)[/B] [B]Eisaku Kunomasu (37)[/B] vs. Nigel Svennson (9) Dread (15) vs. [B]Fox Mask (19)[/B] vs. Mito Miwa (14) Owen Love (8) vs. [B]Sam Keith (39)[/B] [B]Mainstream Hernandez (29)[/B] vs. Tim Westybrook (10) vs. Freddie Datsun (9) Sammy Bach (18) vs. [B]Frankie Perez (30)[/B] Jay Chord (17) vs. [B]Eddie Peak (30)[/B] [B]Marc DuBois (36)[/B] vs. Zimmy Bumfhole (12) [B]Bryan Holmes (26)[/B] vs. PRIDE Koiso (21) Ricky DeColt (9) vs. [B]Burning EXILE (38)[/B] [B]Bruce the Giant (25)[/B] vs. Joey Poison (23) Fumihiro Ota (17) vs. [B]Bulldozer Brandon Smith (31)[/B] Duane Stone (9) vs. [B]Tommy Cornell (38)[/B] [B]Wolf Hawkins (32) [/B]vs. Rhino Umaga (16) [B]Nemesis (29)[/B] vs. Yoshimi Mushashibo (18) [B]Guide (26)[/B] vs. Davis Wayne Newton (21) Sensational Ogiwara (23) vs. [B]Dog Fyte (24)[/B] Pablo Rodriguez (17) vs. [B]Black Eagle (30)[/B] Dan Stone Jr (11) vs. [B]Hell Monkey (36)[/B] Tamara McFly (11) vs. [B]Joey Beauchamp (37)[/B] Darryl Devine (17) vs. [B]American Elemental (30)[/B] Big Cat Brandon (22) vs. [B]Human Arsenal (25)[/B] JD Morgan (19) vs. [B]Jungle Jack (28)[/B] Enforcer Roberts (5) vs. [B]Sean McFly (42)[/B] [B]Rich Money (34)[/B] vs. Randy Bumfhole (12) Dan Stone (19) vs. [B]Troy Tornado (28)[/B] Rick Law (21) vs. [B]William Hayes (26)[/B] Joey Minnesota (17) vs. [B]Angry Gilmore (30)[/B] [B]Remo Richardson (28)[/B] vs. Cherry Bomb (20) [B]Rip Chord (35)[/B] vs. Gino Montero (12) Jeremy Stone (21) vs. [B]Jack Geidroyc (26)[/B] Steve Flash (20) vs. [B]Champagne Lover (27)[/B] Well, there ya go. A somewhat disappointing round for me with some of my favorites eliminated (Davis Wayne Newton, Jay Chord, Sammy Bach, just to name a few) but at least I still hve Mainstream in there. :D The matches for Round 3 will be up a little bit later.

You ass hats voted off Yoshimi! What's wrong with you!? Have you no shame at all? The best technical wrestler in the CornellVerse just lost to a half-crippled retiree, and it's all your fault! Had to get that off my chest. :D At least Kunomasu is still in. Sad to see PRIDE go, though. Bring on the next round! :p

Art Reed (30) vs. Squeeky McClean (17) McClean is a several time belt holder in SWF and other pomos, in my game he is one of the most solid guys out there. Reed is decent, but come on 30-17!! Dread (15) vs. Fox Mask (19) vs. Mito Miwa (14) This is the big one Miwa and Dread have lost to.............Fox Mask! Have you ever had a look at Miwa? He is the living legend! Bruce the Giant (25) vs. Joey Poison (23) Bruce almost lost to.............hmmm.........Poison! I mean you have to be joking! Nemesis (29) vs. Yoshimi Mushashibo (18) I need to start crying. Mushashibo lost to a guy which is not evenan active worker! :( Sensational Ogiwara (23) vs. Dog Fyte (24) Fyte is half decent, Sensational Ogiwara is the only Woman to compare with the best male competitors, a total dissapointmant. Dan Stone Jr (11) vs. Hell Monkey (36) O, My god! A monkey has just demolished Jr Stone 36 -11. Monkey is oe of the best cheap talents in the game, he never was and never will be a Dan Stone Jr Jeremy Stone (21) vs. Jack Geidroyc (26) Is there a conspiracy against the Stones. Jeremy is the best technical wrestler in the world. Giedroyc is a Dave upper middlecarder!

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;251605]You ass hats voted off Yoshimi! What's wrong with you!? Have you no shame at all? The best technical wrestler in the CornellVerse just lost to a half-crippled retiree, and it's all your fault! Had to get that off my chest. :D At least Kunomasu is still in. Sad to see PRIDE go, though. Bring on the next round! :p[/QUOTE] the same ass hats who voted Acid over The Natural Frankie Perez over Sammy Bach Bruce the Giant over Joey Poison and Angry Gilmore over Joey Minnesota

[QUOTE=Michael Wayne;251632]the same ass hats who voted Acid over The Natural Frankie Perez over Sammy Bach Bruce the Giant over Joey Poison and Angry Gilmore over Joey Minnesota[/QUOTE] Bruce over Joey I can understand your pain on. God, that guy is so utterly useless it's amazing. Acid, Frankie, and Gilmore are young and talented at least... my pick as Japan's greatest champion of [b]all time[/b] just got beat by an ugly old garbage wrestler with a bum knee. Still, I sympathize. Tough to see those personal favorites go. I'm sure Kunomasu will get dropped within a few more rounds, and then I'll have nobody left to root for. Hell Monkey I guess, but who on GDS isn't rooting for [b]him[/b] to win this? :D

Guest Hamsalad
Remember it is 'Favorite CornellVerse Character' not 'best' or 'most accomplished' just 'favorite'. It's all subjective.

That's just it, as far as I'm concerned -- I voted for Fox Mask in CZCW because Fox Mask [I]is[/I] CZCW. I can never keep all those Stones and Miwas and Kunomasus and such straight -- I would have voted for Yoshimi, because he really is the best, and anyway he's got that memorable haircut, but come on, [I]Nemesis[/I]. But you know what Fox Mask is about. Fox Mask is a guy with a fox for a mask, and he jumps a lot, and CZCW wouldn't exist without him. He's [I]the[/I] CZCW guy, like Yoshimi is [I]the[/I] Japanese technical wrestling guy, or Steve Flash is[I] the[/I] ultra-reliable veteran for a low-level promotion, or Hell Monkey is [I]the[/I] Hell Monkey. He's iconic, and that's always going to give him a huge edge for me over guys who aren't iconic. That much having been said, I voted for Dread in this round, because Dread is awesome. (And he's [I]the[/I] talented, mobile big man.) Oh, well!

• 1 month later...

Archived