SWF Circa 1975 - The Eisen way

[b]Disclaimer[/b] [quote]This fiction story is based on the wonderful Cornellverse 1975 mod. It is not by any means the official story behind this world. Some liberties might be taken for the sake of the story and time anomalies may occur. Hell, I wasn’t even born in 1975… [/quote] [i][COLOR="Blue"]From the mind of a well-known wrestling promoter[/color][/i] I’ve been pondering about this for a long time now. It’s not that lack the time or the skill to do it, but I’m wondering if it’s worth it. People could get a few tricks from this and actually be better at what they’re doing, specially in the business. Then again, I doubt most people have enough brain and/or guts to really benefit from my knowledge and experience. … The hell with it ! With my name on this, it will sell like hot-dogs on the New York streets ! I won’t even need to do a lot of marketing, people will die to know how I did it and they could have make it better. Dream. That’s the key. I’ll be a selling a dream of fortune and fame, the real American dream! They won’t be able to make the best out of it and once again, they’ll only put more money in my pockets like they always do… [FONT="Arial Black"]Prologue : Getting to know me[/FONT] [quote]I always been a wrestling fan for as long as I can remember. My dad used to bring me to wrestling shows since I was 8 years old. From the begining, I was fascinated with the magical aura surrounding these events. Sure, I was young and easily impressed. Some of those guys were really scarring for an 8 years old boy ! As I grew up, I got more fascinated by the bigger picture. These athletes were putting a great athletic performance, but there was a little more than that. Crowd interaction was really the ignition in these events, it's what really made these fights memorable. I could care less if Joe Schmoe made Harry submit, but if Joe told us he was gonna do it and he could do it on every one in attendance that would try to interfere, that's another story. It really makes you care about what going on in the ring and you might even find yourself rooting for Harry ! It made my dream about being part of this show. I began to train, hoping to one day be in the ring...[/quote]

The real prologue [FONT="Arial Black"]The Real Prologue[/FONT] [quote]... screw that childish story ! If you're reading this, you're not expecting a little fairy tale about how a young boy dreamed about becoming a wrestler and barely making it. You're there to know how I, Richard Eisen, became one the most powerful man in the world. I'm rich, handsome and famous thanks to my genetics and my intelligence and the way I used them in the wrestling business. Maybe I could have been a great wrestler, I had a great body in my time, hell it's great even now, but that's beside the point. Enough of this chatting, let's get real, I'm sure you're eager to know how I made all that money by myself.[/quote] [i]OCC : As you can probably tell by now, those are taken from Richard Eisen's autobiography written in 2007. I intend to look at most of the story from Eisen's c0cky, arrogant and full of himself point of view. It should be fun hopefully.[/i]

Chapter 1 [FONT="Arial Black"]Chapter 1 : How things worked in the 70s[/FONT] [quote]Back in the days, it was the territory era. Promoters agreed willingly to separate the country in business area. There was a main promoter in each area and a couple a small local ones to give the kids a place to train properly. Each promoter had a handful of loyal workers touring the territory and they agreed to not venture outside their area nor making bad publicity about each other. A couple of wrestlers traveled from one territory to one other every now and then, but it was not a major thing. If you were fortunate enough to own a good radio and you heard about that guy doing a great job hundreds of miles from your home, there was no way of actually seeing that guy unless the promoters agreed to a talent trade. [/quote]

Chapter 2 [FONT="Arial Black"]Chapter 2 : The beginning of a life-time adventure[/FONT] [quote]At that point of time, I had enough money to make a good living without working, thanks my wonderful and adorable parents, but that wasn't enough for me. I needed a challenge, something to toy with if you want.[/quote] [color=blue][i]I stopped for a moment there. I don't expect people to understand how I could want to play with an investment that big, but it was how I felt at that time and it's all that matters.[/i][/color] [quote]So I went out and offer enough money to buy the Vermont Wrestling Circuit. Not that they had any real talent, but the guy needed money to buy all the alcohol he drank days in and days out. The first thing I did was fired a couple of uncharismatic workers. Who cares about your headlock if you scare away our fans... I had to fire a strange guy too, Derek Bradford. The guys stepped up in the moment of weakness from the previous owner, but he had no clue about a damn thing. His ideas were the stupidest I ever heard, that guy was simply dangerous for the soon to be renamed SWF. I lost a couple of guys who didn't like how I wanted to run things, but all came back later begging of their knees to get a job. What a turn around it was ! I took control of everything, made star from unknown punks and soon we were doing shows outside Vermont. Great men know how to find great subordinates to take care of less important matters. I met a guy in Boston, Tom Anderson. A good guy with a very good mind about the business, but a terrible athlete. I convinced him to drop the actual wrestling entirely to help me run the VWC and he did it just well with the basic things I gave him. Like running the shows from my scripts while I was away recruiting new talents. I needed extra help though. I was going on the road more and more to get new talents coming to Vermont. Promoters were angry I was trying to lure away their boys, but who cares about them. They had no clue of what they were doing. In Texas though, I found a friendly ear. Rocky Streets was running the area rather successfully I must say, but he was lacking the money to grow bigger. He agreed that wrestling could be much more than a regional product and with a bit of negotiations, I convinced him to move to the North and join my project. He knew how to run shows creatively and that's what I needed. Tom is just an executive, he don't have the guts nor the brain to really run the shows by himself. Streets and his two sons moved to New England just after they sold the Texas area to local star who was eager to prove us wrong. [/quote] [i]OCC : This probably the longest I'll go with my non-wrestling chapters. I need a bit of background to make things falls into place in this biography, but all we want to see is actual wrestling and how the SWF made its way to the top. OCC #2 : Tom Anderson will be my user character. He gave him very basic wrestling to reflect his background and average entertainement/refereing skills. He'll probably play a minor roll in the diary, filling a staff spot I need.[/i]

Chapter 3 [FONT="Arial Black"]Chapter 3 : The birth of a true superstar[/FONT] [quote]Recruiting new talents always has been a priority for me. If we wanted to make it big outside Vermont, I just couldn't sat here and watch the local boys trying to make something meaningful. Very few selected people have the natural abilities and all the tools to really be true stars in this business. The big picture is much more important than entertaining the locals. You can run so many times the small town hero doing funny things for his family before it gets boring. Real stars can entertain crowds regardless of the area. In one of my trips in the Pittsburgh area, I met one of those true stars. He was getting wasted in the shuffle of APWF... until they figured I was talking to the guy. I was starting to make some waves at the time already and they feared my next move, so they shoved down Mighty Micky through their fans throat and made him world champion. It was already too late. I had an agreement with Micky to come with me in New England, make an impact there then charm the whole country. At first, he wasn't sure it was good idea, he was making good money by touring himself the country, but a quick chat with Rocky Streets made him believe. Oh it did work for APWF, Mighty Micky brought people to their shows, but his title reign was rushed, they didn't have any real plans for him and they had to drop all the buzz rather quickly when Micky showed up for the first time in VWC. I repackaged Mighty Micky into Micky Starr a true role-model that everyone could rely to. He was the stand out guy, the one that would always be there to defend the weak, protect the country and kick the ass of the local bad guy. And oh God did it worked perfectly ! We had people coming from other areas to our shows to see how Micky could really defeat this evil mind or that fearsome bad guy. Touring outside New England was just that easy with a true superstar like Mickey Starr on the roster. [/quote] [i]OCC : We're getting there. Only one or two chapters to actually get in March 1975, a quick summary of what's the world is looking like for those who didn't look at the mod, a roster presentation and we should be able to have wrestling. [/i]

Chapter 4 [FONT="Arial Black"]Chapter 4 : Wrestling was made for television[/FONT] [quote]We had a great hero and champion with Micky Starr, we could find suitable villains wherever we were in the country, but we were missing a little extra to really kick the now renamed SWF. Before you ask how I came with the name Supreme Wrestling Federation, I shall explain it. This is very simple in fact. I wanted a catchy name that people could easily remember and something that has a strong meaning, something really showing we were marching into a new era. My company would be the top dog in the business by showing everyone else how to things should work. The hell with the territories, the hell with sharing talents, it's all about having the best product at hand and showing it nationwide. A real jab to the jaw of our opponents, we'll be better than they ever dreamed to be and we'll even announce it in our promotion name! Back to the our topic, we were missing a little something. With the territory mindset, no promoter cared about distributing their product. It was so obvious to me that wrestling was made for television, I still don't understand why no body realized it ! Sometimes, my own genius still surprise me. Storylines that continues from one week to one another, an ongoing battle between good and evil, larger than life characters and a simple way to show the product with just a handful of cameras, wrestling was perfect for television! Even better, television offered a great way to promote in advance our events, much better than a radio ad or distributing fliers, people could actually see a glimpse of what they could expect to see live. That's how I came to the conclusion that TV is good publicity, but it's not the end of everything. In fact, it's only the walking process to bigger events... non-televised events. Television could be use to convince people to come to our shows in their town to see their favorite wrestler. That's also why I choose to not hold championship matchs on every TV show, I had to keep most of those out of television just to make sure we had the maximum crowd. A great way to sell t-shirts, hats and many other things if you ask me. [/quote] [i]OCC #1 : Woot ! I got a reader ! Not sure how I'll write the shows SB, I'm not a fan of big long matchs descriptions (repetitive and way too much time consuming), but I like writing promos and such. I need to find a good compromise. OCC #2 : This the last background entry. I struggled a bit to find something interesting to say, but I think it gives you an overview of how I intend to play Richard Eisen.[/i]

Appendix 1 [FONT="Arial Black"]Appendix 1 : Wrestling in 1975[/FONT] [quote] [b]Supreme Wrestling Federation (SWF)[/b] The number #1 promotion in the United States, at Cult level with a national TV deal. The main focus of this story. We're on the verge of hitting National if you ask me. [b]American Pro Wrestling Federation (APWF)[/b] The former #1 promotion, but they went downhill after we stole Mickey Starr. They're run by steel tycoon Franco Lambert and let's just say they hate us with a passion. Only popular in Tri-State, but they have regional TV deal in the north-east. Dan Stone, George DeColt and Crippler Ray Kingman are their main stars. [b]All American Florida Wrestling (AAFW)[/b] The wild promotion of Dick The Devastator based in Florida. Popular only in South East, their main stars are Dick, Chief Two Eagles, Crippler Ray Kingman and the Masked Machine (Jackson Andrews). [b]California Pro Wrestling Championship (CPWC)[/b] A touring promotion based in California focusing almost exclusively on one-on-one matches. The owner, young sensation Preston Holt, believes in women's wrestling as much as luchadors. Popularity only in South West. Main stars are Crippler Kingman, Preston Holt and Edmond Jackson. [b]Texas Wrestling League (TWL)[/b] There's only one place to run a risky hardcore promotion and it's in Texas ! No wonder why they're popular only in Mid South. The Lone Star Stampeder bought the territory from Rocky Streets when he started working for us. Main stars : Rip Chord (also head booker), Pat Deacon, Floyd “F Bomb” Bowman. [b]Championship Wrestling from Boston (CWB)[/b] The oldest promotion ran by Gene Pummeli. They're well respected even though they never expanded outside Boston. Main Stars : Wild Man Sullivan, Iron Michael Milligan, The Boston Bomber. [b]American independent Circuit Wrestling (AICW)[/b] A small touring company ran by Walter Crowe. It's basically a way to better organize the indies. They're currently inactive and don't have any workers on contract. [b]Chicago Championship Wrestling (CCW)[/b] The very first developmental territory, owned by APWF. It just opened, but the hopes are big with potential star like Johnny Boy Tucker, The Minnesota Mauler and Sam Stragavelli. [b]Harlem Wrestling Association (HWA)[/b] An underground hardcore promotion running in Harlem. Do you really want to know more ? [b]Canadian Wrestling Federation (CWF)[/b] When Strangler Ed Henson retired, he found this company and they're having quite a bit of success (Cult level), thanks to the good booking of Dan Stone. With stars like Dan Stone, George DeColt, Jean-Pierre Baptiste, Whipper Spencer Marks and Frenchie Martel, they're offering very good wrestling... for now. [b]Wrestling in Mexico[/b] OLLIE is a national promotion with a tremendous roster, but some defectors walked out recently to form a new promotion the MPWF. Only the future will tell if it was a wise move. [b]Wrestling in UK[/b] One regional company (UKWA) that try to survive and one local (RWA) that's just there. Not much to say honestly. [b]Wrestling in Europe[/b] What ? [b]Wrestling in Japan[/b] It's an full raging war between the oldest promotion (GCG) and the new sensation driver by Master Kitozon (BHOTWG)... and a lesser war between the female regional wrestling promotions (GCGWomens and JPWW). Since both GCG and BHOTWG are national and more prestigious than the SWF I could possibly lose some wrestlers to them. [/quote] [i]OCC #1 : A quick run down of the wrestling mod, but I really suggest you look at the mod itself. It's very well done and the authors deserve much credit. OCC #2 : Yeah, I know, I focused on North America, 'cause I think it's more revelant to this story. This doesn't mean that other part of the world are not important, in fact, there's a lot of potentiel in every area, just look at Gremlinator's diary focusing on BHOTWG [URL="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23552&page=5"]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23552&page=5[/URL] to see a different look at this mod. Up next : my roster and hopefully, we'll be ready for some wrestling ! [/i]

Appendix 2 [FONT="Arial Black"]Appendix 2 : SWF 1975 Roster[/FONT] [center] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]The Stars[/size][/FONT] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mickystarr.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Micky Starr[/size][/b] [quote]Micky Starr is one of the most popular wrestlers in the United States today. His 3 year run as SWF Champion has a lot to do with that, and it is showing no signs of stopping soon. Formerly a major name on the indy scene, a friendship with Rocky Streets convinced him to sign an exclusive deal with SWF. Unheard of in the U.S. at the time, the deal gave Richard Eisen's promotion a huge boost but burned several bridges for Starr.His 3 year run as SWF Champion has a lot to do with that, and it is showing no signs of stopping soon.[/quote] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/moretti.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Antonio Moretti[/size][/b] [quote]"The Italian Stallion" Antonio Moretti was a legend of the business in the 50's and 60's and to this day he remains one of the most popular wrestlers in the world. Along with "The Greek God" Ares Aegaleus, Moretti helped pave the way for wrestling's future. Their "Unstoppable Force vs. Immovable Object" feud has been carrying on for nearly 20 years now, but until recently they were kept as a team in SWF, building to a new chapter in the feud.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ares.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Ares Aegaleus[/size][/b] [quote]"The Greek God" Ares Aegaleus is one of the most recognizable wrestlers in the world today. Standing 6'8 and weighing 375 lbs., Aegaleus is truly a sight to behold, even at 46. His feud with Antonio Moretti dates back to the mid 50's and helped build modern wrestling. Although both men thrice won the "King of Wrestling" Tournament held by Dale Christian from 1959-1971, they never stayed in one territory long enough to be world champions.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/baron.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Baron Von Rambis[/size][/b] [quote]Baron Von Rambis is a Russian monster who has become a top heel in SWF. He teams with Hagar Erikson as Team Doom, and often challenges Micky Starr for the SWF Heavyweight Title. He has one downside: he loves vodka, and sometimes drinks before matches, causing his performances to be awful. He worked in TWL and CPWC for years, jumping to SWF along with Rocky Streets.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/hagarerikson.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Hagar Erikson[/size][/b] [quote]Upon first look, one would assume Hagar Erikson is just another SWF Musclehead brawler. However, the Canadian powerhouse has taken great pains to avoid that stereotype, focusing on using mat skills and chain wrestling to come up with some very innovative moves.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/powerhouse.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Powerhouse Patterson[/size][/b] [quote]Andre "Powerhouse" Patterson is an SWF Original, supposedly taking part in the original tournament (The tournament never actually happened, the title was actually just awarded to Starr) for the title but being upset by Robbie Gordon in the semifinals. Patterson is just returning from an arm injury sustained in the gym, but is looking to return to his former form.[/quote] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]SWF exclusive wrestlers[/size][/FONT] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/teddyflame.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Teddy Flame[/size][/b] [quote]Teddy Flame is best known as 1/2 of the SWF's "Hottest" Tag Team, the Blazin' Flames. Along with brother Joey, the high-energy duo has captured the SWF Tag Team title. Teddy is known for his quick chain wrestling and excellent selling, and could be a valuable asset beyond the life of the tag team.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/joeyflame.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Joey Flame[/size][/b] [quote]22 year old Joey Flame is perhaps the SWF's brightest prospect, comprising the Blazin' Flames tag team with his brother Teddy. Although both are high energy workers, Joey is particularly exciting- often the recipient of a Hot Tag (The term was coined in honor of the Flames), Joey typically cleans house with an array of high flying moves that leaves the crowd in awe.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/acemcqueen.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Ace McQueen[/size][/b] [quote]Ace McQueen is a powerful Brawler/Mat Specialist who has had great feuds with his current tag team partner Black Jack and Crippler Ray Kingman in the past, even being slated to be CPWC Champion before SWF made him an offer... he couldn't refuse. A 2-Time former tag team champ, McQueen seems content to stay in the tag team division for the remainder of his career.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/blackjack.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Black Jack[/size][/b] [quote]"Black" Jack Jennings is part of the SWF Tag Team Deadly Gamble. An interesting bit of trivia is that he and partner Ace McQueen had a blood feud in CPWC that got them noticed by Richard Eisen and Rocky Streets. They were the first SWF Tag Team Champions and have held the title a seperate occasion before losing them to the Blazin' Flames. Jack is a brawler, but he has suprising all around talent for a 6'6, 280 pound man. He is also known as one of the most talented mic workers of his era.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/barney.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Barney LaRusso[/size][/b] [quote]Barney LaRusso is an SWF Mainstay whose mat-based style clashes with much of the roster. However, he is well respected, and the fact remains that given the right opponent he has excellent matches. His Pasta Noodle Trap is well liked: He Irish whips the opponent, then throws a handful of cooked pasta onto the mat. As the opponent slips he rolls them up, drawing the ire of any heel who falls prey to it . He is considered somewhat fragile, as his left elbow has shattered twice in the past 4 years.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/frankrock.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Frank Rock[/size][/b] [quote]Retiring after a 7-year pro football career with the Dallas Deacons, Frank Rock needed a way to earn a living. After 2 months of job searching he narrowed the choices down to used car salesman or professional wrestler. He (obviously) chose pro wrestler and was immediately signed by SWF. He recently made his debut as a no-nonsense heel.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/cherokeehawk.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Cherokee Hawk[/size][/b] [quote]Cherokee Hawk is a young Native American worker who is best known for his tag team Call of the Wild with the Shaman in SWF. Hawk is a good high flier, but it's become clear that he doesn't have "it", as despite a strong push in 1974 the crowd never fully bought into Call of the Wild.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/theshaman.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]The Shaman[/size][/b] [quote]The Shaman is an old school Technician who can also brawl to a high standard. He is half of the SWF tag team Call of the Wild. While is good on the mic, he has never shown the charisma necessary to be a top star, and a nagging addiction to painkillers has started to bring his workrate down.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/rockystreets.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Rocky Streets[/size][/b] [quote]Rocky Streets is a decent technician who is nearing the end of his active wrestling career. Rocky was the 2nd owner of TWA, before Richard Eisen made him a lucrative offer to help him get SWF off the ground. After accepting the position of Head Booker, he was going to close TWA before the Lone Star Stampeder made him an extra generous offer. His two sons have followed him to SWF. Still makes the occasional wrestling apperance.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/dustystreets.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Dusty Streets[/size][/b] [quote]Dusty Streets is the son of Rocky Streets, SWF's Head Booker. He is currently getting a good push because of this although he is a good worker anyway. He teams with his brother Sid sometimes, and when Rocky wrestles the occasional match he usually teams with Dusty as well.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sidstreets.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Sid Streets[/size][/b] [quote]Sid Streets is the youngest son of Dusty Streets, the current head booker of SWF.Sid the Kid, as he is called, is thought of as a good prospect and an unusually well-rounded youngster. Sid inherited his father's naturally grey hair, but not his business sense, as he is wanted in New Mexico for failing to appear in court after pumping $8 worth of gasoline and driving off. He trained with R.J. Danzig, and not suprisingly, hates his guts.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/obrien.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Flying Ryan O'Brien[/size][/b] [quote]Flyin' Ryan is the SWF's prize enhancement talent- he bumps like a true champ. Although he is also a talented flier, Ryan is seemingly stuck in his position of elevating newcomers.[/quote] [/center] [i]OCC : Up next, the other half of the roster.[/i]

[center][FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]Freelancers currently working with SWF[/size][/FONT] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/rjdanzig.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]RJ Danzig[/size][/b] [quote]R.J. Danzig is a star from the 60's who firmly believes in the theory of freelancing. He is also a trainer who has opened his own wrestling school, but his mean-spirited and totalitarian attitude have caused most of his students to hate him, and at least two have gone out of their way to injure him in matches.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/burtselleck.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Burt Selleck[/size][/b] [quote]Burt Selleck is a popular brawler who has an extremely large female fan base thanks to his pornstar-caliber mustache. Although he is a freelancer, he stays around his home in Toledo, Ohio.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/walleyeconklin.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Walleye Conklin[/size][/b] [quote]The Quintessential Freelancer Walleye Conklin has, according to himself, wrestled in all 7 continents, including wrestling a Polar Bear in Antartica. He is highly respected and very talented, but he is beginning to break down physically.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/brutus.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Brutus The Enforcer[/size][/b] [quote]"Enforcer" Brutus McBride is a talented brawler from North Dakota. His tag team with Mitch Haggans, the American Badasses, is a good one. However, when McBride wrestles solo he needs to be carried because his ring psychology is mediocre. In SWF he is part of the All-Star Team stable managed by Coach Dick Pangrazzio, and is the sometimes tag team partner of Bill Popinowski as "Full Force". McBride is understandably disenchanted with this, and has refused to stop taking indy bookings.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/crazyeyes.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Crazy Eyes McGrew[/size][/b] [quote]Roland "Crazy Eyes" McGrew is a well known brawler. His nickname is derived from the sometimes bizzare facial expressions he uses in the ring. He is a freelance worker, who has made tours of Japan in the past.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sensei.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Sensei Iketani[/size][/b] [quote]Iketani Nayashi moved with his father to America at age 6, but he returned to Japan to take care of his sick mother in 1961. Before long he was training as a wrestler at one of the several new dojos that had opened up, and he is now one of very few workers who work both in America and Japan. He is one of the originators of the Super Junior style which is beginning to become popular. However, the length of his matches is limited severely by athsma. He plays the gimmick of a Karate Champion for the All Star Team in SWF. This is in direct contrast with his more high flying style, but he has changed his primary finisher to a devastating roundhouse kick in an attempt to appear more legitamate. [/quote] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]Non-exclusive wrestlers[/size][/FONT] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/rickrumble.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Rick Rumble[/size][/b] [quote]Rick Rumble is a well-liked worker who languished in the territories, probably because he was too nice and allowed himself to be lost in the shuffle. However, he has done well for himself in SWF, where he has become one of Richard Eisen's favorite workers.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/robbiegordon.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Womanizer Robbie Gordon[/size][/b] [quote]One of the few wrestlers who has been with SWF since its inception in 1972, "Womanizer" Robbie Gordon had been blacklisted from the indies for taking his lewd, crude, character to the extreme. His fate looks to be the same in SWF after he did an impromptu striptease during a February 1975 show and is now being sent far down the card. Sadly, he may just be about 20 years ahead of his time, as he is a world class athlete & brawler.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/maskedpatriot.JPG[/IMG] [b][size=4]The Masked Patriot[/size][/b] [quote]The Masked Patriot, despite his generic patriotic gimmick, has never been out of a job and is thought of as a good worker. His blood feud with Identity Black in AAFW and CWB is seemingly neverending. He would eventually sell the gimmick to Duncan Kendall, whose attempted conquest of the 80's through a Lumberjack gimmick was floundering.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ironmike.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Iron Michael Milligan[/size][/b] [quote]"Iron" Michael Milligan is primarily known for his work in the New England area, where he is most popular. However, he has found success in the few times he has ventured out of the territory, and he makes a great first champion for new federations. He used to be a boxer, which has made him a great brawler but he's suffered more than his share of concussions and is prone to more in the future. He recently turned heel in SWF and joined the All-Star Team stable, where he teams with Frank Rock as the Heavy Hitters.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/billp.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Bill Popinowski[/size][/b] [quote]"Polish Power" Bill Popinowski is a freakishly strong guy, but he is also pretty terrible as a worker. He spends more time posing in the ring during matches than anyone in recorded history.[/quote] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]Non-wrestling crew[/size][/FONT] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/babette.JPG[/IMG] [b][size=4]Beautiful Babette[/size][/b] [quote]Babette Bridges is an absoultely stunning young manager from Connecticut, who is the SWF's original Diva. She managed the Blazin' Flames for a brief time, but now works as the escort of Rick Rumble, her current squeeze. In an ironic twist, her former boyfriend Robbie Gordon is now feuding with Rumble in a wild love triangle feud.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/dickpangrazzio.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Coach Dick Pangrazzio[/size][/b] [quote]Coach Dick Pangrazzio is a former gym teacher who is now a top manager in the SWF. His sports-themed stable, The All-Star Team, has been an instant hit. Pangrazzio is known for interrupting opponents' interviews with a booming "HEY!", then proceeding to ramble on about his client. He is also known for his unusual attire of gold chains, a whistle, a disco shirt, windpants, and cowboy boots, giving the impression that he dresses in the dark.[/quote] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/chaim.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Chaim Silverman[/size][/b] [quote]Chaim Silverman was one of pro wrestling's first great managers, who was highly in demand through the sixties and seventies. The Iranian immigrant is known as "The Brain", and is famous for keeping his identity hidden with glasses, a hat and his trademark long beard. His fast-paced style of speech and sharp mind has influenced most of the managers who followed him. He switched to become a colour commentator recently, and is considered the best in North America.[/quote] [b][size=4]Bob Johnson & Tom Anderson[/size][/b] [quote]No picture available at press time for both individuals. Johnson is the play-by-play man for the company and Anderson is my user character working mainly as a backstage interviewer.[/quote] [FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"]The Man[/size][/FONT] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/richardeisen.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Richard Eisen[/size][/b] [quote]Richard Eisen is famously the promoter of the Supreme Wrestling Federation, which has had great success in the 3 years it has been open so far. Eisen is by far the youngest promotion owner in the wrestling industry and appears to have a great future in business, even if his entertainment-driven approach to pro wrestling fails.[/quote] [/center] [i]OCC : Oh my god... we're actually ready for our first show! Should be up tomorrow or monday hopefully.[/i]

[size=4][FONT="Arial Black"]Sunday Slamfest - March 1975 Week 1[/font][/size] Centerpiece Bridge, South Carolina, Mid-Atlantic area 5000 spectators [In the backstage area, just before the first match of the night, Rocky Streets is talking to his son Dusty.] [color="navy"]Rocky : Son, that's a big match you have tonight. Black Jack won't do you any favor, he's gonna hit your hard with everything he has like he always do. I want you to go out there and give him a run for his money. Use your quickness, put doubts in his mind, go the distance with him and he'll make a mistake or two. You can capitalize on them, you've got all the tools to do it. Come on Son, let's do this ![/color] [Dusty simply nods as he seems very focused on the task awaiting.] [b]Rating = D+[/b] [b]Dusty Streets (w/ Rocky Streets) vs Black Jack (w/ Ace McQueen)[/b] Oh my... Dusty used his quickness... for a minute, maybe two. Then Black Jack took control and tossed around the poor young man. Black Jack hit the Jack of Spade at the fifth minute mark to put an end to this without really sweating. [b]Winner : Black Jack / Rating = B-[/b] [i]Black Jack improved his performance skills. Yep, that's right, by squashing a kid.[/i] [The Shaman and Cherokee Hawk are in some woods, meditating around a bonfire.] [color="navy"]Shaman : Hawk, I had a vision last night in my dreams. A ancestral spirit came to me. He told me that our time has come. The prophecy is true, a hero has risen and will guide us to the promised land. Tormented spirits will try to stop us, but the Earthmother is protecting our hero and he shall not fail. Pray your totemic spirit as many obstacles will be our road.[/color] [And back to the previous peaceful meditation.] [b]Rating = D+[/b] [b]Teddy Flame (w/ Joey Flame) vs Brutus The Enforcer (w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio)[/b] With the Enforcer around, you know it won't be for the weaks and this match is no exception. But Teddy is not half of our tag team champion by accident he knows his ways around the ring and surprised Brutus with the Flame On at 6th minute mark, even catching the Coach off-guard. [b]Winner : Joey Flame / Rating = B-[/b] [i]Teddy improved his rumble skills which was kinda expected.[/i] [The Coach doesn't stay surprised much long. He motions to the crowd, distracting everyone long enough for a guy to the jump over the barricade, sliding in the ring... wham ! Running Bulldog to Teddy ! Oh ! It's Mitch Haggans, the partner of Brutus! What he's doing here ? Mitch and Brutus jumps on Teddy nailing him with big hits. Joey finally realize what's happening, climbs on a turnbuckle and connects with a Double Crossbody on both American Badasses! Dropkick to Mitch, Drop.. no Brutus rolls outside the ring as Coach Pangrazzio calls the retreat.] [b]Rating = D+ for the attack, D+ for the rescue[/b] [b]Powerhouse Patterson vs Ace McQueen (w/ Black Jack)[/b] It took a couple of minutes to Patterson to get back in good ring shape, he's been away injured for quite some time now, but when he got all his marks back, we had a very competitive matchup. Black Jack tried to interfere only to get a big right hand to the nose. Powerhouse turned to Ace McQueen, nailed him with a Crushing Shoulder Smash to get the W. [b]Winner : Powerhouse Patterson / Rating = C+[/b] [i]Bad chemistry ! Still, Powerhouse improved his performance skills.[/i] [After the match, while Ace and Jack swear revenge backing up the aisle, Patterson calls for a mic.] [color="navy"]Powerhouse Patterson : I've been on the injury list for the past few months. It kept me away from one thing. One simple thing I truly deserve, something I haven't get in more than year... Micky Starr, I respect you, you're truly a great guy, but your time with the big gold belt is up. Next week, at the March Main Event, if you're really the guy I think you are, you'll put the World Title on the line against me. It's time for the world to know what I can do while I'm healthy ![/color] [b]Rating = C+[/b] [b]Antonio Moretti vs Baron Van Rambis (w/ Hagar Erikson)[/b] A big matchup, but unfortuneatly, Van Rambis was a bit off his game tonight. Still a very good match though.. until Ares Aegalus ran from the back and nailed Moretti with a Big Boot, a Running Clothesline and a Powerslam. Do I smell a DQ ? [b]Winner by DQ : Antonio Moretti / Rating = B+[/b] [i]Moretti improved his Rumble skills which is impressive at his age; Baron his performance skills... but still they don't have a clue about selling.[/i] [The ref tries to bet Ares off Moretti but Hagar simply drags him outside the ring before jumping in. It's a brutal 3 on 1 attack on the Italion Stallion my friends! It's not pretty and the kids in the front rows are screaming for their mommy ! The carnage is stopped by Richard Eisen making his way to the ring.] [color="darkred"]Richard Eisen (with a big simle on his face) : Gentlemen, I think this old man has enough for the day. {The beating magicly stops. It's nice to be Richard Eisen}. Ares, it seems you're not finish with Moretti even after 20 years. Let's put an end to this! I don't want Moretti crying on my door, an old man crying is way too pathetic, so it won't be a single match. No, we're gonna have... a Best of Seven series! Of course, only if the Italian can survive that much. And you know what ? Next week on Sunday Slamfest, it's gonna be the very first match of the series! {Now turning to Hagar Erikson.} Since you wanna fight, why don't you stay in that ring with Ares for a little tune-up match... against Call of the Wild ![/color] [The big men are laughing, Call of the Wild is a not very scary threat...] [b]Rating = B+ for the 3-on-1, B for the annoucement[/b] [b]Call of The Wild vs Hagar Erikson & Ares Aegalus[/b] Poor natives. They got their butt kicked the hard way there. Hagar and Ares are just way too powerful for them. Let's just hope the Prophecy is indeed true and that it will help them get pass the 7th minute mark next time. [b]Winners : Hagar & Ares / Rating = C+[/b] [i]Still, Cherokee Hawks improved his performance skills.[/i] [Backstage, Tom Anderson finaly caught Coach Dick Pangrazzio with The American Badasses. ] [color="navy"]Anderson : Coach, what is Mitch Haggans doing in the SWF ?[/color] [color="darkred"]Coach Pangrazzio : It's very simple Tom. I promised the Enforcer some tag gold a while ago and so far teaming with Bill hasn't worked very well. So I went back to the gym and saw that man, Mitch Haggans, beating the hell out of rascals. It was only a matter of time then for Mitch to join the All-Star Team. Joey, Teddy Flame, both American Badasses are here now, so take good care of those belts. Shine them real nice, 'cause we're coming for them ![/color] [b]Rating = C-[/b] [i]Just to show you how great the Coach is, Brutus learned a bit of charisma out there.[/i] [We're seconds before the main event and the annoucers are running the last six months of Micky Starr's title run. They run over all the challengers that failed and how Frank Rock managed to get another shot this week by blindsiding Micky Starr two weeks ago.] [b]Rating = B-[/b] [b]SWF World Title Micky Starr (c) vs Frank Rock (w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio)[/b] Frank Rock hit a couple of big moves at the beginning of the match, showing that he could be the next champion. Micky Starr made his comeback while focusing on the weak knee of Frank Rock. The challenger shockingly almost knocked out the champion with an impressive DDT, but he only got a two count. The frustration started to get Rock off his game, which was enough to put Starr in command for the reminder of the match. He hit the Shooting Starr Press Slam at the 10th minute mark to retain once again his title. [b]Winner and still champion : Micky Starr / Rating = B[/b] [i]Selling is not the main quality of these men I must say.[/i] [Micky Starr rolls to the outside, claps in a few fans hands and grabs a mic.] [color="navy"]Micky Starr : Patterson, I never backed down from a challenge. I travalled the country for the last three years defending that belt against all odds. Do you think you really have what it takes to be a real champion like me ? You're a good guy, but not great. At March Main Event, I'll be in the ring waiting for you to prove me wrong.[/color] [And that's it for tonight folks ! If you're in the Mid-South Area next week, you don't wan to miss March Main Event! It's the only occasion to see all the champions in action in the same night !] [b]Rating = B+[/b] Show Rating : B TV Ratings : 23.68 [i]OCC : A very good first show, unfotunately, ACE network is not happy with our ratings. Later tonight, the weekly news and a quick profile for Mitch Haggans. Comments are much appreciated Show format is subject to changes, I'm not completly happy with it.[/i]

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]Wrestling News - March 1975 Week 1[/SIZE][/FONT] * 10 Punch Buck Winslow won the vacant CWB City Limits belt by defeating Identity Black. This is his third time with the belt. * Hamish McPeterson is the new head booker of RWA. He still managing his two sons in UKWA. * Dragon Del Arco Iris is the new head booker of MPWF and Shun Watari holds similar functions with CFArts. * Chiba Chiba beat Yumi Yoshikuni for the GCG:WW World Title. This is the second time she holds the belt. * Current CCW main eventer and TWL performer, Johnny Boy Tucker agreed to work a couple dates with APWF.They also added Irwin Stevens to their roster. * Ernest Mason defeated Marcus McKing for the APWF Tri-State title. Rumors are already spreading about how short this reign will be since Mason is a well-known freelancer. Rumors are also flying around trying to explain McKing loss as the APWF was very high on him up now. * Looks like Magnum Johnson, HWA top star, will be jobbing.. I mean working for the APWF in the next months. * SWF hired Mitch Haggans on a non-exclusive contract and it seems he'll join his partner Brutus McBride to reform the American Badasses. [center] [IMG]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mitchhaggans.jpg[/IMG] [b][size=4]Mitch Haggans[/size][/b] [quote]"Freestyle" Mitch Haggans was a very promising Shoot Fighter before a knee injury forced him to retire at just 23. Since becoming a wrestler, he has formed a tag team with "Enforcer" Brutus McBride that has been very succesful.[/quote][/center]

Great first show... and a damn good rating too, I'd say! What exactly does the network want from you, anyway!? :D One thought: I think the shows might look even better if you included the worker pics before each match. I already know all the characters involved, so I'm loving it regardless, but I thought that might help readers who don't know the mod. Looking forward to the next show either way! As long as it has Robbie Gordon! :p

Wow, I've been so wrapped up in the mafia game I never even saw this. Awesome first show, can't wait to see what comes of this. ACE is likely going to drop you, though, I think SWF's TV show was supposed to be on ASPN. And a 7-match series for all the marbles between Ares and Moretti... Thank you! May the wrestling gods bless ye with great chemistry.

[QUOTE=SadisticBlessings;256041] One thought: I think the shows might look even better if you included the worker pics before each match. I already know all the characters involved, so I'm loving it regardless, but I thought that might help readers who don't know the mod. Looking forward to the next show either way! As long as it has Robbie Gordon! :p[/QUOTE] I'll give a shot to including the pictures. At first, I didn't to hide the show behind them, because I don't plan to have walls of text. Straight to the point and efficient writing, that's my goal. I really like Gordon, but right now, I kinda have to protect him until the big monthly event who was intentionnaly rushed. [QUOTE=Mr T Jobs To Me] Wow, I've been so wrapped up in the mafia game I never even saw this. Awesome first show, can't wait to see what comes of this. ACE is likely going to drop you, though, I think SWF's TV show was supposed to be on ASPN. And a 7-match series for all the marbles between Ares and Moretti... Thank you! May the wrestling gods bless ye with great chemistry.[/quote] That's what I thought too, the show should be on ASPN, but whatever, I'll get there next season when ACE drops me. It's not that far away and it'll give time to try one thing... and have another chapter of Richard Eisen's memories. In every test I ran, either Moretti or Ares (or both!) retires pretty quickly, so I thought I'd better to something important now with them. And oh my god, good wrestling in SWF, it's sooooo not 2007. Thanks for the comments guys.

[QUOTE=MrOnu;256209] In every test I ran, either Moretti or Ares (or both!) retires pretty quickly, so I thought I'd better to something important now with them. And oh my god, good wrestling in SWF, it's sooooo not 2007. Thanks for the comments guys.[/QUOTE] Damn update 1.4! Damn it to hell!

[FONT="Arial Black"][size=4]Sunday Slamfest - March 1975 Week 2[/size][/font] Miami, Florida, South East territory 5000 spectators [quote] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ares.jpg[/img][/center] [We're only seconds into the show that Ares Aegaleus hits the ring asking for a mic. Fans boos him, but it's not like the big man really cares.] [color="darkred"]Ares Aegalaus : You're not happy to see me ? {more boos} I can't wait to see your reaction when I retire Antonio Moretti in 4 quick matchs! That's 20 years in the making, we've been battaling all over the country and what you saw last week on this show was only a glimpse of the past... and of the futur. I always dominated Moretti, I could have end his carreer, if not his life, years ago, but deep downside, I'm a great guy and I didn't do it, playing with the poor Italian is way too fun. But it's over now, it's time to end his misery and it's start tonight with the first match of this 4 matchs series. It's over Old Man, do yourself a favor and just lay down tonight, after what you took last week, it's already a miracle you're still walking ![/color] [Before the crowd starts throwing more things at his head, Aegaleus returns to the back.] [/quote] [b]Rating = B+[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sidstreets.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/dustystreets.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/billp.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sensei.jpg[/img] [b]Streets of Rage (Dusty & Sid) (w/ Rocky Streets) vs Bill Popinowski & Sensei Ikateni (w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio)[/b][/center] Our first match of the night puts the Streets kids against... well.. the least important members of Team All-Star. Dusty is still a little sore after his match against Black Jack last week, so Sid is doing most of the work. Okay wrestling when Sensei is in the ring, the martial arts specialist even gives his team the advantage with a couple of swift kicks and tags in his partner, an enormous mistake. Popinowski connects with a couple of right hands and bodyslam, then starts posing for the crowd and everything goes downfall for his team from there. Sid finally tags his brother who cleans the house and hits the Paving the Way on Popinowski to get the pinfall. [b]Winners : Streets of Rage / Rating = D+[/b] [i]And our crowd simply hates Bill Popinowski. I can't really blame them you know... Oh and Sid improved his performance skills.[/i] [quote] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/barney.jpg[/img][/center] Tom Anderson is standing in the backstage area with Barney Larusso, who's wearing his usual blue plumber suit. [color="darkgreen"]Tom Anderson : I'm here standing with Barney Larusso who asked for this time. Mr Larusso, what's on your mind ?[/color] [color="navy"]Barney Larusso : I wasn't not here last week, but I watched the show on television and I saw something really disguting. The big guy, Black Jack is real tough no question about this, but his actions were inappropriated. The guy simply toyed around with poor young Dusty Streets. He could have ended his match quickly as he was clearly dominating Dusty, but he rather choosed to beat him down. That's was uncalled for and not a very good example to show to our younger fans. I...[/color] [Things are getting interesting there as Ace McQueen took offense from those comments and he's now right under the nose of Larusso.] [color="darkred"]Ace McQueen : Got a problem with my partner ? It's a shame, he's really a great guy. [/color] [Before Barney could answers back, Black Jack hits him behind the head a huge Short Arm Lariat. Deadly Gamble beats Larusso down with powerful right hands and some kicks as Tom Anderson simply runs away. Black Jack lifts Larusso... Double Powerbomb on the concrete floor ! They don't seem to be done yet! Deadly Gamble drags Barney Larusso to the ring and they demand the referee ring the bell. ][/quote] [b]Rating = C+[/b] [i]Barney is a better actor (he took that beating like a champ!) and Ace learned a bit of charisma and performance.[/i] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/barney.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/acemcqueen.jpg[/img] [b]Barney Larusso vs Ace McQueen (w/ Black Jack)[/b][/center] You see, Deadly Gamble are nice guys, it's a single match ! Well, if you can call that a match... Ace played a bit more with Larusso before ending this affair with the Aces High. [b]Winner : Ace McQueen / Rating = C+[/b] [i]Barney Larusso improved his technical skills. Don't ask me how. [/i] [Guess what, it's not over yet ! Black Jack climbs into the ring to have fun too with Barney, but the crowd cheers. The whole Streets family is running to the ring ! And they're cleaning house ! Dusty and Sid doubleteams Ace with a Double Dropkick to push him out of the ring as Rocky connects a few right hands on Black Jack before hitting him with a Clothesline that sends him over the top rope. Deadly Gamble slowly goes back to the back, a mean look on their faces.] [b]Rating = C-[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/joeyflame.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mitchhaggans.jpg[/img] [b]Joey Flame (w/ Teddy Flame) vs Mitch Haggans (w/ The Enforcer and Coach Pangrazzio.[/b][/center] A little preview for our fans in Houston that we'll be able to see March Main Event tomorrow next friday as Blazing Flames will defend their tag titles against the American Badasses. It was a pretty good match until The Enforcer tried to help his partner. Teddy took offense and jumped him and unfortunately, the brawl ended up in the ring and the referee had to call for the bell. The brawl got worse when Joey and Mitch jumped in and they brawled for a couple minutes until officials could split the two teams. [b]Draw – Ref lost control of the match / Rating = C+ for the match, D+ for the following brawl[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/rickrumble.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ironmike.jpg[/img] [b]SWF United States Title : Rick Rumble (ch) (w/ Beautiful Babette) vs Iron Mike Milligan (w/ Coach Pangrazzio)[/b][/center] Time to see what the US champion has to offer. A great effort from both men, Iron Mike really pushed Rumble to the limit with a couple of stiff right hands, but the champion managed a comeback under the cheers of his girl. Not even a distraction from the Coach could prevent the ending that saw Rumble hit the Crushing Running Axehandle to retain his title. [b]Winner and still champion : Rick Rumble / Rating = B-[/b] [i]Rick Rumble improved his rumble skills. [/i] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mickystarr.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/powerhouse.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/baron.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/hagarerikson.jpg[/img] [b]Micky Starr & Powerhouse Patterson vs Team Doom (Baron Van Rambis & Hagar Erikson)[/b][/center] Yup, that's how Richard Eisen can be. Putting two opponents of an important upcoming match together against a very vicious team. Sounds fun, eh ? Micky Starr and Patterson managed to work together for a bit, mainly because of the respect they have for each other, but it was doomed from the beginning, pun fully intended. As soon as Team Doom took control of the match with a couple of powerful team manoeuvres, Patterson started arguing with the champion. Starr made his eventual comeback, put Hagar down with a Powerslam, crawled to his corner, only to saw Patterson refused the tag by stepping down of the apron. The confusion was enough for Van Rambis who just tagged in to roll up the champion and get a three holding the tights. [b]Winners : Team Doom / Rating = B-[/b] [i]Baron Von Rambis was off his game, Micky Starr learned a bit of performance, Patterson and our champion are not really working well together which not very surprising.[/i] [If Micky Starr is furious about this loss, it's not really what matters as he quickly rolls out of the ring without even trying to argue the three count. The champion is now nose to nose with Patterson asking for an explanation, saying that he thought Patterson respected him. A bit of shoving follows, soon a couple a of punchs are traded much to the delight of Team Doom. Before it really turns out ugly, officials rush the ring area to split the champion and the challenger.] [b]Rating = B+[/b] [quote][center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/moretti.jpg[/img][/center] [Antonio Moretti is in the backstage area, being attended by a doctor.] [color="navy"]Antonio Moretti {shoving the doctor away} : I'm fine I told ya! I've seen much worse in my career. {pushing the doctor that tries to get back to work}... I have no time for this, I've got to teach a lesson to a greek punk.[/color] [The Italian Stallion walks away from the doctor and heads to the ring for our main event.][/quote] [b]Rating = B-[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/moretti.jpg[/img] VS [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ares.jpg[/img] [b]Best of Seven series – Match #1 : Antonio Moretti vs Ares Aegaleus[/b][/center] The Greek God was full of confidence coming into this match as cleary Moretti was not 100%. The Italian Stallion is a fighter though and went toe-to-toe with his archrival from the very begining of this first match of a very promising series. These two know each other pretty well and we had a lot of counter-manoeuvres. Moretti managed to surprise his opponent the Moretti Powerslam but he only got a two count. He tend tried to put the Sicillian Sleeper Hold to work, but Aegaleus had too much gas left in the tank for Moretti to get the hold in place. That and a thumb to the eye is really annoying. The more the match was going on, the more Moretti was slowing down, thanks to the effects of last week vicious beating. Ares found some fun in that, really picking apart an dizzy Moretti. The Italian tried a come back with a couple of quick Short Arm Clotheslines, but Ares rebounded from the ropes with a huge Spartan Spear that was enough to get a three count. [b]Winner : Ares Aegaleus / Rating = B-[/b] [i]Ares improved his rumble and performances skills.... but you know, selling was not the thing back in the 60s[/i] [Ares Aegaleus doesn't seem fully satisfied with his win as he pushed the referee away and lifts Moretti to his feet. Oh ! Slap to the face! And another one! The Greek God is really enjoying the moment. Moretti can barely stands on his feet by himself, but Aegaleus takes a few steps back... Spartan Spear! He nearly broke Moretti in half ! Aegaleus drags Moretti to his knees, lifts him a bit Herculean Full Nelson ! Moretti can't fight out of it, he nearly unconcious ! Aegaleus holds the nelson until officials, who are quite busy tonight, forces him to.] [b]Rating = B+[/b] [Bob Johnson is furious about what we saw, but Cham Silverman really enjoyed it. Nevertheless, Johnson says the have a bit of time to remember Houston and Texas fans to not miss March Main Event next friday in Houston! You'll don't want to miss Micky Starr and Powerhouse Patterson in ring confrontation! Remember folks, those events are the only nights you'll see every championship defended!] [b]Rating = C+[/b] Show Rating : B- TV Ratings : 22.88 [i]OCC : I tried a couple of new things with the presentation, I hope you enjoy it. And screw the ACE network, they're not worthy enough to have us[/i]

March Main Event - Preview [quote][SIZE="5"]Next Friday, Supreme Wrestling Federation presents... in Houston, Texas... March Main Event! [/size] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]SWF World Title[/b] : Micky Starr (ch) vs Powerhouse Patterson[/font] [i]Back from an injury, Power Patterson believes Micky Starr time is up and that he should be wearing some gold. The champion accepted the challenge out of respect for the challenger, but we can doubt respect is still a consideration after the last Sunday Slamfest.[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]SWF United States Title :[/b] Rick Rumble (ch) vs RJ Danzig[/FONT] [i]Another challenge awaits the US Champion in Texas as the well-know and well-travelled RJ Danzig will try to capture his first SWF Title. Also your change to see Beautiful Babette! [/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]Barney Larusso & The Streets Family (Dusty, Sid & Rocky) vs Deadly Gamble & Team Doom[/font] [i]Mess with Deadly Gamble and you usually end up bruised and defeated. That's exactly what happened to Barney Larusso last week, but thanks to the Streets, he can still walk. Following these events, Richard Eisen ordered Deadly Gamble to find two partners for a 4 on 4 match. And they went for maybe the only more vicious team around... [/i] [FONT="Arial Black"][b]SWF Tag Team Titles [/b] : Blazing Flames (ch) vs The American Badasses[/font] [i]It's time for Coach Dick Pangrazzio to step up to his words. He promised gold to The Enforcer and brought his old partner Mitch Haggans in the mix. Can they beat the red hot champions or will the high flying Flame boys will prevail once again ?[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"]Call of the Wild vs Bill Popinowski & Iron Mike Milligan[/font] [i]Two other All-Star Team member will also be in action as Bill Popinowski will team with Iron Mike Milligan to take on Call of the Wild in a classic tag team affair.[/i] [b]Also scheduled to appear : [/b] - Ares Aegaleus - Womaziner Robbie Gordon - Burt Selleck - Frank Rock [/quote] ...

[i]OCC : The presentation is a bit different from my TV shows. These big events, ancestors of PPV, are in some aspects glorified house shows. Don't forget we're in 1975, only the people in attendance had a good idea of what happened in a non-television card. Home VCRs were introduced in USA only in late 1975 by Sony (Betamax) and and late 76 by JVC (VHS) and were not much common until a few years later. And it took a Supreme Court Order in 80 to really set that watching a movie at home on VCR was not a copyright violation. So right now, we're not even recording these events! This show recap has been written from a local journalist perspective who reported the show in the sports section of the news paper.[/i] [FONT="Arial Black"][size=4]March Main Event - Friday March Week 3[/size][/font] Houston, Texas, Mid-South Territory 8991 spectators The show started with a blasted as Womanizer Robbie Gordon came to ringside and did his usual work, which is not far from the truth. Men hate him because he's handsome and can have all the women he wants, Women loves him for that, but also hates him because they can't all have him. He was interupted by Burt Selleck, who came to a big pop from the crowd. Selleck told Gordon to shut up, that Texans knew what a real man looks like : lean, muscular and with a thick mustache! Gordon took offense and it lead to our first match of the night. [b]Rating = B- for Gordon promo, C+ for the interuption[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/burtselleck.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/robbiegordon.jpg[/img] [b][size=4]Burt Selleck vs Womanizer Robbie Gordon[/size][/b][/center] A back and forth match, these two really meshed together well. A really good choice of opener that really lifted the crowd. Gordon in just under 10 minutes with the Hip Swivel Neckbreaker and celebrated inches away from a ring women after the bell. [b]Winner : Robbie Gordon / Rating = B for the match, C for the celebration[/b] [i](Great! Our first good chemistry note![/i] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/theshaman.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/cherokeehawk.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/billp.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ironmike.jpg[/img] [size=4][b]Call of The Wild vs Bill Popinowski & Iron Mike Milligan (w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio)[/b][/size][/center] We then went straight for our second match of the night pitting the young Native Americans agains two All-Star Team members. Good Lord, do people hate Popinowski. It's beyond anything I saw here in Houston. They were litteraly throwing beer at each and every of his steps! As for the match, the two teams tried their best, but Popinowski was a too big distraction. Still, Bill and Iron Mike needed help from one of their partners, Frank Rock, to win this one. Coach Pangrazzio distracted the referee just long enough for Rock to pounce Cherokee with a tackle to give his partners the victory. [b]Winners : Bill Popinowski & Iron Mike / Rating = D+[/b] [i]I need to do something with Bill, our crowds hate him so much. Iron Mike looked good and improved his performance skills.[/i] After the match, Coach Pangrazzio ordered a beatdown, but a familiar face here in Texas came down the aisle.... Chief Two Eagles ! I didn't even know he was working with SWF ! He ran in and cleared the house, helping his fellow Natives. He challenged Rock to a match, which the Coach quickly accepted. [b]Rating = C- for the save, B- for the challenge, C+ for the response[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/chieftwoeagles.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/frankrock.jpg[/img] [b][size=4]Chief Two Eagles vs Frank Rock[/size][/b][/center] The Chief was on fire in front of a crowd that really knows him. He made an impressive in ring debut with SWF by beating Rock in 8 minutes with the Tomahawk Chop. [b]Winner : Chief Two Eagles / Rating = C+[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/joeyflame.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/teddyflame.jpg [/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/brutus.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mitchhaggans.jpg[/img] [size=4][b]SWF Tag Team Titles : Blazing Flames (ch) vs The American BadAsses (w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio)[/b][/size][/center] A busy night for the Coach if you ask me ! The young tag champions went flying all over the place like only them can, but each time they landed, they were granted with some vicious hits by two of the meanest and baddest non-Texans wrestlers I know. It was not enough though as the Blazing Flames retained when Joey knocked Mitch off the ring with a drop kick, allowing Teddy to hit a Crossbody for the three count. After the match, Haggans and The Enforcer got a little payback by beating down the champions. [b]Winners and still champions : Blazing Flames / Rating = D+ for the match, D+ for the revenge beatdown[/b] [i]Joey improved his performance skills in this disappointing match.[/i] Bob Johnson went in the ring to adress the crowd. He said he was sorry Antonio Morreti was not here tonight, he suffered injuries by Ares Ageleus hands at the last Slamfest and he's unable to compete. That prompted The Greek God to the ring. He stole the mic from Johnson and ranted about how great he is and he already ended Moretti's career after one match of the series. Walleye Conklin had enough and came to ringside, saying that this was unacceptable behaviors and rushed Agaleus ! You can always count on good old Walleye ! [b]Rating = B+ for the Moretti mention, B+ for Ares' interuption, D+ for Walleye promo and bumrush[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/walleyeconklin.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ares.jpg[/img] [size=4][b]Walleye Conklin vs Ares Agaleus[/b][/size][/center] Walleye tried his best, but The Greek God is on a rampage. He has fire back in his eyes like the good old days, which is not a very good thing for the other wrestlers. Ares finished the match with a Spartan Spear in 11 minutes. Just to make sure his message was clear, Aegaleus delivered another Spear to Walleye after the bell. [b]Winner : Ares Agaleus / Rating = B for the match, B- for the beatdown.[/b] [i]Ares improved his technical skills.[/i] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sidstreets.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/dustystreets.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/rockystreets.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/barney.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/acemcqueen.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/blackjack.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/baron.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/hagarerikson.jpg[/img] [size=4][b]The Streets Family & Barney Larusso vs Deadly Gamble & Team Doom[/b][/size][/center] What a chaotic match for the most part! Deadly Gamble and Team Doom dominated with pure strenght, but the younger Streets did their best to save the day for their team. It was also great to see that Rocky Streets can still go and that his days in the North hasn't slowed him too much. In the end, Barney Larusso was the weakest link as he was still bruised from the last television event and that cost his team the match. After the bell, Deadly Gamble and Team Doom cleared the ring then walked slowly near the crowd with menacing looks. I think I even saw a couple of kids hiding behind their daddy ! [b]Winners : Deadly Gamble & Team Doom / Rating = C+ for the match, B for the aftermatch[/b] [i]Once again Baron Van Rambis offered a below average performance. Ace and Black Jack improved their rumble skills.[/i] Before we got to the next match, Beautiful Babette came to ringside for a couple of pictures and autographs. I've got to say that Rick Rumble is a very lucky man ! [b]Rating = C[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/rickrumble.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/rjdanzig.jpg[/img] [size=4][b]SWF United States Title : Rick Rumble (ch) (w/ Beautiful Babette) vs RJ Danzig[/b][/size][/center] A great match that got only beaten by the main event. Rumble and Danzig danced together like they would have been fighting each other for years. Danzig used all the tricks in the book to get an easy win, even seducing Babette, but it wasn't enough as Rumble was on top of his game. The champion sealed the victory at the 11th minute mark with a Crushing Running Axehandle. [b]Winner ans still champion : Rick Rumble / Rating = B[/b] [i]Woot ! Another great chemistry note! Rumble improved his rumble skills, but both need to learn a bit of selling.[/i] Bob Johnson and Cham Silvermane discussed of the main event for the fans. They recapped the recent events and made a couple of predictions. They said the looker room was divided on the outcome of the main event. [b]Rating = B-[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mickystarr.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/powerhouse.jpg[/img] [size=4][b]SWF World Title : Micky Starr (ch) vs Powerhouse Patterson [/b][/size][/center] A fantastic way to end this great night of wrestling in Texas. An hard fought battle, at one point, we even thought that Patterson had the great Micky Starr down, but the champion made an incredible comeback to reatain his title at the 17th minute mark with the Starr Treamten. After the bell, Micky Starr helped Patterson to his feet and extended his hand for a handshake, but the big man pushed the champion aside and simplu walked to the back. [b]Winner and still champion : Micky Starr / Rating = B for the match, B+ for the failed handshake[/b] [i]Ok, this might be a bit too long for our roster...[/i] [size=4]Show Rating : B[/size] [i]OCC : I hope you enjoyed the show. Feedbacks are much appreciated.[/i]

I had no idea this diary had even been started, very well done so far. I like the presentation, and lol at the 'selling wasn't the thing back in the 60's' comment. I barely managed to get a C when I played with SWF, so congrats on getting those ratings. I'll definitely be reading.

Sunday Slamfest #3 [FONT="Arial Black"][size=4]Sunday Slamfest - Sunday March Week 3[/size][/font] San Francisco, California, South West Territory 5000 spectators [Bob Johnson and Cham Silvermane welcome everyone to this new episode of SWF Sunday Slamfet. They recaped what happened at March Main Event a few days ago in Houston, Texas, and how you missed a great show if you were in the area and did not attend. Rumors are going around that Micky Starr didn't like Powerhouse Patterson reaction and he's gonna tell him right in his face! Barney Larusso is still not back at 100 % percent, but Richard Eisen doesn't care and he's gonna face Black Jack later tonight ! Also, the fans in Texas were treated with a special surprise as Chief Two Eagles, a former TWL wrestler, made his SWF debut by defeating Frank Rock. Tonight, he's making his televesion debut!] [b]Rating = B+[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/obrien.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mcking.jpg[/img] [size=3][b]Flying Ryan O'Brien vs Marcus McKing[/b][/size][/center] Another wrestler is making his SWF debut tonight as the young Marcus McKing is taking on Flying O'Brien. You remember what I told ya about O'Brien ? A bump machine paid to make opponents look great ? That's exactly what he did once again tonight. McKing ended this affair with a piledriver with some kind of royal salute before the execution, something he's calling the Long Live to the King, around the 6th minute mark. [b]Winner : Marcus McKing / Rating = D+[/b] [i]O'Brien improved his brawling skills... like somebody cares.[/i] [quote][center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mcking.jpg[/img][/center] [After the match, the young winner ask for a mic. Our ring announcer, whose name shall remain secret, offers his, but it doesn't seem to please McKing. He looked at the mic in a disguting way... ] [color="darkred"]McKing : .... That's disgusting! That's not how you treat your King! Peasent, you should have know better. You don't give the King any kind of lowly tool, you should give him the Royal Microphone, a microphone no one ever touched with their filthy fouled mouth.That'll do it this time, the King has to adress his people.{McKing turns his attention to the camera.}Peasents from all around the country, your lifes just became a little less miserable as your King returned. I've been persucted over the last few months by some lowly thieves in the kingdom of Florida, but I imposed them my will and here I am standing by you. I know you didn't lose faith in your king in my absence as I'm the light guiding your lifes. Thieves and their crone were driven away by the sole might of your King and now you shall live in peace while I, Marcus McKing, crowned King of the glorious Supreme kingdom shall reign over you with my benevolent hand.[/color] [What the hell was that ? I don't know, neither Bob Johnson nor Cham Silvermane do. But just to make sure he's not getting a new ennemy, Cham is already pleadging alliance to the King Marcus The First.][/quote] [b]Rating = C-[/b] [quote][center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mickystarr.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/powerhouse.jpg[/img][/center] [Our backstage camera just caught up Micky Starr going in Powerhouse Patterson's lockeroom. Patterson gets up pretty quickly when the champion enters.] [color="green"]Powerhouse Patterson : What do you want ?[/color] [color="navy"]Micky Starr : I want an explanation big man. I thought you had respect for me. I was very disappointed when you refused my handshake.[/color] [color="green"]Patterson : ... I apologize. You didn't deserved that. I was still all pumped up by our big match and how I failed, I wasn't in my right mind I guess. {extends his hand} No hard feeling ?[/color] [color="navy"]Starr {shaking Patterson's hand} : Fine, I respect you and I'll take your word.[/color] [color="green"]Patterson {pulling the champ towards him} : Here's my word. Sooner or later, I'll be back for your belt and that time, I won't have any regret.[/color] [Micky Starr doesn't answer back but a lenghty staredown follows until the champ walks out... without turning his back !][/quote] [b]Rating = B+[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/maskedpatriot.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/frankrock.jpg[/img] [size=3][b]The Masked Patriot vs Frank Rock (w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio)[/b][/size][/center] It's been a while since The Patriot has been on SWF television, but the fans still love him. The flag weaving masked man got competition in this one as his opponent wanted to shake off his bad streak. They battle back and forth until Rock caught the Patriot off guard with a right hand to the jaw that almost took him off his boots. The ref warned Rock, but he didn't listen, he was rather getting for the Necesseray Roughness and the big W. [b]Winner : Frank Rock / Rating = D+[/b] [i]I need to fire my road agents. Sometimes, they say Coach and Rock are not a good pairing, but other times, they just shut up. I hate the lack of consistency. I hope you're taking notes Von Rambis![/i] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/chieftwoeagles.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/crazyeyes.jpg[/img] [size=3][b]Chief Two Eagles (w/ Call of the Wild) vs Crazy Eyes McGrew[/b][/size][/center] If the young McKing got an easy first match, the scenario is a bit different for the former TWL star Chief Two Eagles. He had to battle every second of this one against the Crazy One to get his first victory on national television, thanks to the Tomahawk Chop. After the match, Call of the Wild get in the ring and pay tribute to their new found hero. [b]Winner : Chief Two Eagles / Ratings = C+ for the match, D+ for the aftermatch[/b] [i]Crazy Eyes improved his rumble skills.[/i] [quote][center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/richardeisen.jpg[/img][/center] [And our regular programming is interupted by the arrival of Richard Eisen with a mic.] [color="darkred"]Richard Eisen : Ladies and gentlemen, I have a special annoucement. Next month special event will be the annual Supreme Challenge, the biggest wrestling event in United States history. For this occasion, we will head back to our home in New England with a special event. I had a brilliant idea and I'm pretty sure you'll like. This year marks the debut of a annual classic... The Supreme Challenge tournament ! We already know that the SWF offers only the best entertainement in the country, but we'll show you again at Supreme Challenge in April. Eight men, the top stars of this industry, will compete in a one-night only tournament for the richest prize their is... An SWF World Title opportunity ! The winner of the Supreme Tournament will be granted an automatic world title match at our May special event. Don't miss next week episode of Sunday Slamfest to learn who's gonna be in the tournament and make sure you'll be in New England the second friday of April![/color] [Supreme Challenge just got better with this annoucement. Silvermane is already putting his on money on Ares Aegaleus as Bob Johnson is simply outraged by the fack Aegaleus is still allowed to wrestle.][/quote] [b]Rating = B[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/rickrumble.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ironmike.jpg[/img] [size=3][b]SWF United States Title : Rick Rumble (ch) (w/ Beautiful Babette) vs Iron Mike Milligan (w/ Coach Dick Pangrazzio)[/b][/size][/center] After his succesful defence at March Main Event, Rick Rumble is already back in action, this time against one of the All-Star Team member. A good battle, Milligan was on fire tonight, but still the champion was getting back at him. Things went down though at the 6th minute mark when Womanizer Robbie Gordon showed up. After making a couple men in the first the show angry while charming their girls, Gordon turned his attention to Babette. You remember the shouting your little sister did when you were menacing to cut the head off of his beloved doll when you were young ? Then, you know what Rumble heard at this point ! Forgetting his match, Rumble went out of the ring and chased Womaziner up the ramp.... getting counted out in the process. After the bell, an angry Iron Mike tried to hit Babette, but Rumble managed to save her... again. [b]Winner by CO : Iron Mike Milligan / Rating = C for the match, C- for the save[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sidstreets.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ares.jpg[/img] [size=3][b]Sid Streets (w/ Rocky Streets) vs Ares Aegaleus[/b][/size][/center] Poor little Sid. He got trampled in that one. I think daddy should be worried about the health of his sons, they're getting beaten badly. A Spartan Spear at the 5th minute sealed the deal. [b]Winner : Ares Aegaleus / Rating = B-[/b] [i]I like getting this kind grade out of a squash. It makes me feel warm in the inside.[/i] [quote][center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ares.jpg[/img][/center] [Looks like Aegaleus is not done yet. He shoves Sid out of the ring, tossing him on his dad and ask for a mic.] [color="darkred"]Ares Aegaleus : Antonio Moretti, I'm tired of your little game. We all know you're hurt and you're unable to compete. Just be a man and show up. I won't hurt you... much. The satisfaction of your defeated face, the sound of your voice giving up... A true symphony to my ears and it should be enough for me to have mercy on your broken body. Until you come back to either give up or be beaten in our Best of Seven series, I'll be here massacring innocents like Sid Streets. Just remember, the longer you wait, the more people will be hurt.[/color] [Aeglaeus throws the mic back at our ringside annoucer and walks to the back, giving the crowd a menacing look.][/quote] [b]Rating = B+[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/barney.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/blackjack.jpg[/img] [size=3][b]Barney Larusso vs Black Jack (w/ Ace McQueen)[/b][/size][/center] Poor Barney. He's visibly hurt by all those beatings given by Deadly Gamble, but still, the boss continues to put him against tough opponents. Larusso tried hard to win that one, but Black Jack targetted his weak ribs slowing down a lot. When Larusso managed to get any momentum, McQueen would distract him or the ref. It took only 6 minutes for Black Jack to hit the Jack of Spade for the three count. [b]Winner : Black Jack / Rating = B-[/b] [quote][center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/rickrumble.jpg[/img][/center] [Tom Anderson is standing backstage with an angry Rick Rumble.] [color="green"]Tom Anderson : Rick Rumble, you asked for this time...[/color] [color="navy"]Rick Rumble {almost stealing the mic from Anderson} : Robbie Gordon, stay away from my girl ! Babette doesn't need any pocket pet, especially one like you. Don't ever try to get near her agin or you'll find me in your way and this time, you won't be able to run away ! And Mike Milligan.. Trying to hit a poor little girl... I hope you get sanctionned for that ![/color] [color="green"]Tom Anderson : Speaking of Babette, how... [/color] [Rumble didn't stay around long enough for another question and Tom simply gives control back to Bob and Cham.][/quote] [b]Rating = C-[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/powerhouse.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/hagarerikson.jpg[/img] [size=3][b]Powerhouse Patterson vs Hagar Erikson (w/ Baron Van Rambis)[/b][/size][/center] What might be a preview of the Supreme Tournament is our main event tonight. Patterson is trying to get some momentum back after his loss against Micky Starr and it's easier said then done against the Viking. Power moves were exchange for most part of the match, but Patterson took the advantage with an impressive Standing Suplex, a true demonstration of his strenght. He couldn't connect with his Crushing Shoulder Smash as Von Rambis tripped him from the outside. The referee told hiim to get out of the ringside area, but this small distraction gave Erikson enough time to hit Patterson with a low blow making him an easy for the Viking Back Snapper. [b]Winner : Hagar Erikson / Rating = B+[/b] [After the bell, Von Rambis shoves the referee out of his way and gets in the ring. Team Doom lift Patterson and hits a Double Suplex! Von Rambis is holding Patterson, blocking his arm, while his partner hits him with a couple of fists. Hey, look who's running to the ring... it's Micky Starr ! The world champion slides in the ring and connects a clothesline on Erikson. Von Rambis drops Patterson and charges, but he's hit by a Big Boot ! Erikson rolls out of the ring and pulls his partner with him, seconds before Starr could hit the Starr Treatment. This week show ends with Starr checking on Patterson... who's quite frankly, he's not smiling at all.] [b]Rating = B[/b] [FONT="Arial Black"]Global Rating : B[/font] TV Rating : 20.55 [i]OCC : It's still not enough ratings to save our TV slot, but at least, we're making the most out of it. And see, Womaziner is getting some air time now and probably a semi-decent feud. [/i]

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="4"]This week in wrestling - March 75 Week 2[/SIZE][/FONT] * The Calgary Wolverines (George DeColt & Whipper Spencer Marks) defeated Frenchie Martel & Jean-Pierre Baptiste to win the vacant CWF Tag Team Titles. * The Dream Team (Johnny Boy Tucker & Rudolph Gray) defeated Sam Stragavelli & Eric Graves to claim the vacant CCW Tag Team Titles. * A bad news for many promotions in the country as Crippler Ray Kingman broke his collar bone in a CPCW event. He'll be sidelined for 20 to 30 days. * The charismatic European Pavel Landis, from TWL, added APWF to his duties. * Bad Boy Derek Barnes, TWL/CWB/APWF top name is going to travel to Japan soon as he signed a touring contract with GCG. He'll probably have to drop at least one of his american commitment if he wants to stay healthy. * Rumors are going around that Deep South Programing is about to drop APWF All-Pro Wrestling. * Mitch Haggans left CWB because we can't allow him to work in such a careless environment. * Marcus McKing is no longer working for APWF 'cause we like our wrestlers to be exclusive. * We're still working on convincing Chief Two Eagles to stop working for TWL and AAWF. He has a bright future, but as long as he continues to work elsewhere, he's gonna find it's hard to achieve success and fame in SWF. [i]OCC : For the record, Chief Two Eagles and Marcus McKing are two of the most competent road agents in the modern Cornellverse. Right now, the Chief is 24 years old and McKing is only 19. Both are charismatic and skilled wrestlers. [/i]

[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]Sunday Slamfest - Sunday March Week 4[/FONT][/SIZE] Seattle, Washington, North West Territory 2000 spectators [Tonight broadcast opens with some backstage images. We join Call of The Wild in their lockeroom. ] [color="navy"]The Shaman : The ancestors answer our plea, Hawk, and now the prophecy is marching on. You witness the prowess of the Hero at March Main Event. It's the beginning of a new time. Our people are about to shine, the Hero will be leading us to the promised land. But this Hero can't do everything, he needs strong allies as his path will be full of ambushes. Go out there young Hawk and prove him at your worthy to fight by his side![/color] [Cherokee Hawk nods and heads out, his match is next!] [b]Rating = D[/b] [i]Cherokee improved his performance skills. Yep, I'm that great, people don't even have to do something in my angles to improve.[/i] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/cherokeehawk.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/sensei.jpg[/img] [size=3][b]Cherokee Hawk (w/ The Shaman) vs Sensei Iketnaki (w/ Coach Pangrazzio)[/b][/size][/center] An average opener, we've seen better, but these two are not quite over yet so the dead crwod brought the mood down a bit. Regardless, both men fight hard for each ground inch, but in the end, Cherokee Hawk nailed the War Cry to get the big W. Both Hawk and Shaman seems to be really motivated by the arrival of the Chief. [b]Winner : Cherokee Hawk Rating = C[/b] [i]In the "who cares" department, Sensei improved his performance skills.[/i] [We've a got a second backstage shot... Hey look who's here! Ladies, don't pass out yet, but both members of the Mustache Crew are there! Burt Selleck greets his buddy Wade Morris.] [color="navy"]Burt Selleck : Good to see you man ! I'm so glad I finally convinced Eisen to hire you. Ready to shake the world ? Ready to show that real men wears mustache ? Ready to party all night long with some gorgeous ladies ? [/color] [color="darkblue"]Wade Morris : I am, but is the world ready for us ? Laaaaaaadies, here we come![/color] [Here's a commercial for the parents that are trying to explain to their kids why they're laughing so hard at the last sentence.] [b]Rating = C[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/obrien.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/ares.jpg[/img] [b][size=3]Flying Ryan O'Brien vs Ares Aegaleus[/size][/b][/center] I would say that this match was a total squash, but you know, that would be repetitve.... Let's just say that Ares almost broke O'Brien in two with a Spartan Spear at the 4th minute mark. [b]Winner and supreme destroyer : Ares Aegaleus Rating = C+[/b] [After the bell, The Greek God throws O'Brien out of the ring and look directly at the camera.] [color="darkred"]Ares Aegaleus : You see that Moretti ? I hope it gives you nightmares. That's what waiting for you when you come back to kiss my feet and beg for mercy. If you ever come back that is... [/color] [The Greek God smiles c0ckily at the camera before tossing it away.] [b]Rating = B+[/b] [And baaaaaaaaack to the backstage area, there way too much fun going on there tonight. Micky Starr and Powerhouse Patterson are talking in a hallway.] [color="darkblue"]Powerhouse Patterson : I'm not sure I really needed that help last week... but thanks anyway.[/color] [color="navy"]Micky Starr : Don't let your ambitions blind you. If I hadn't help you, you might have been injured.[/color] [color="darkblue"]Patterson : Might, that's the keyword.[/color] [color="navy"]Starr : So what about tonight ? You want me to stay out of this ? It's not too late to find a new partner to face Team Doom.[/color] [color="darkblue"]Patterson : I doubt Richard Eisen would agree to let you out of this match... Besides that, you're still the best partner I could find.[/color] [color="navy"]Starr : Fine, let's get ready to give them a lesson then![/color] [The champion walks away, probably heading to his lockeroom. Patterson flexs his arm and walks away.] [b]Rating = B+[/b] [i]Patterson improved his performance skills. It pays to work with our champion.[/i] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/joeyflame.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/teddyflame.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/burtselleck.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/wademorris.jpg[/img] [b][size=3]SWF Tag Team Titles : Blazing Flames (ch) vs The Mustache Crew[/size][/b][/center] Wade is given a great opportunity for his first match in SWF as he and his partner gets a shot at the tag belts. Besides the laides not knowing who's the most awesome man in this match, we've got pretty good wrestling. The Crew were on top for the first part (pun fully intended), but the champs managed to rally a comeback. Then it all went downhill. Brutus The Enforcer and Mitch Haggans, the American Badasses, rushed the ring and went straight to the beautiful faces of the young champions. The Crew tried to interfere, but they were pushed outside the ring. The ref called for the bell, but Coach Pangrazzio told him he'll shut it in his ass if was thinking about trying to seperate this brawl. [b]Winner by DQ and still champions : Blazing Flames Rating = C[/b] [i]Wade Morris, the elder in this match, improved his technical skills.[/i] [Haggans and the Enforcer double team Joey Flame taking him out with a nasty right hook/shoulder block combo. Teddy jumps in to save his brother, but he only meets the boot of Haggans right on the chin. The Enforcer lifts Joey.. Dominator! Haggans holds Teddy for his partner and a couple of right hands are delivered to the champion face. Double Underhook Belly-to-Back suplex form Haggans ! The Mustache Crew have recovered, they grab some chairs and charge the ring ! Coach Pangrazzio wisely calls his men out before they could get really hurt, but the damage has been done to the champions.] [b]Rating = C- for the beatdown, D+ for the save[/b] [i]Brutus learned to show more charisma. How ? Don't ask me, I'm just the reporter.[/i] [Tom Anderson is in the backstage interview area with Team Doom.] [color="green"]Tom Anderson : I'm standing here with Team Doom, scheduled to face Micky Starr and Powerhouse Patterson in the main event tonight. Baron, Hagar, any word to your opponents ? [/color] [Hagar is sniffing the head of Anderson. I don't know what he's looking for, but he doesn't look that much pleased. Von Rambis grabs the mic from Anderson hand] [color="darkred"]Baron Von Rambis : Mickey Starrrr... Harrr gonna brrreak yi in ha'f, harr gonna eat yi 'earrt. Patterrrsen...[/color] [Maybe he's reaction to this name, mabye it's coincidence, who knows... but Hagar yells and clubs Anderson with a big right hand to the head. The announcer falls as Hagar roars and starts stomping him! Von Rambis stops him from really hurting Anderson though] [color="darkred"]Von Rambis : Na! Need to keep t'at for rrrring.[/color] [And both men walks away, a good thing for Tom.] [b]Rating = B[/b] [i]Ok.. that was supposed to be a russian accent. I'm pretty sure it sounded very odd, I might need to reconsider that thing. Or maybe we could just pretend it's russian...maybe.[/i] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/dustystreets.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/robbiegordon.jpg[/img] [b][size=3]Dusty Streets (w/ Rocky Streets) vs Womanizer Robbie Gordon[/size][/b][/center] I know, it's a hard night for our ladies fans. Way too much handsome men are working for the company. Dustry Streets manage to get some offense in this bout, in fact, he thought he won it after a Moonsault but that only got him a two count. Gordon quickly connected with a thumb to the eye after that and chained it with the Ladies Choice to win this. [b]Winner : Womanizer Robbie Godron Rating = C[/b] [As soon as this is over, Robbie Gordon hits the ring side and steals a kiss from a lady before taking a mic.] [color="darkred"]Robbie Gordon : You're a funny guy Rick Rumble. I'm not the one to blame, I'm everything a woman ever desired, it's not my fault if every woman falls for me. You should rather blame yourself for not satisfying proprely your girl. Look at you, you can't even take care of yourself, how can anyone imagine you can take of a beautiful lady like Babette. I'll tell you point blank, she would be better with me and that's what angering you. Your quest is futile though, as you'll never be like the Womanizer ! [/color] [b]Rating = B-[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/maskedpatriot.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/acemcqueen.jpg[/img] [b][size=3]The Masked Patriot vs Ace McQueen[/size][/b][/center] Not a bad encounter. McQueen is on a roll lately, the Patriot tried to stop him, but it's easier said then done. McQueen won that one in 7:41 with the Aces High as he's getting a lot of momentum, which can only means bad things for his opponents. [b]Winner : Ace McQueen Rating = C+[/b] [Richard Eisen is heading to the ring. It's time to talk about the Supreme Tournament it seems!] [color="darkred"]Richard Eisen : Laides and gentlemen,can you feel it ? The greatest night of wrestling is near us ! At Supreme Challenge, 8 of the top stars of this sport will compete in a one-night tournament to earn a shot at the most prestigious title, the SWF World Heavyweight Title, at our May special event called Misbehavior. But that's not all. I want to find where Micky Starr and Powerhouse Patterson really stand. At Supreme Challenge, they'll face each other in a tag team match with the partner of their choice ! We'll see if they're really friends... Oh another thing. Antonio Morretti, you have until Supreme Challenge to show up. If you don't, you'll be forever remember as a quitter... and you'll be fired ! Hell, I'll even make sure you never work again. Now, what's everyone is waiting for... the Supreme Tournament ! Here's the lineup for the first round : Chief Two Eagles vs Baron Von Rambis Burt Selleck vs Ace McQueen Barney Larusso vs Hagar Erikson Rick Rumble vs Black Jack Be sure to not miss Supreme Challenge on the second friday of April in the Boston Area![/color] [b]Rating = B[/b] [center][img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/mickystarr.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/powerhouse.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/icon_vs.gif[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/baron.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.retrohockey.net/diary/hagarerikson.jpg[/img] [b][size=3]Micky Starr & Powerhouse Patterson vs Team Doom[/size][/b][/center] Time for our huge main event! Team Doom are pissed off and they tried to get at the champion even before the bell. Starr fought back like only he can do and we had a great match. The love/hate relationship between Starr and Patterson made a couple of moments strange specially when Patterson tried to impress Starr by taking both opponents by himself. Not a good idea you know, he got his ass kicked for several minutes, Team Doom is a really well oiled destructive machine. Patterson managed to find an opening and connected with a suplex on Baron and crawled back to his corner to finally make a tag. Micky Starr entered the ring and set the house in fire! Hagar charged him, but he got nailed by a Clothesline. Baron met some leather boot, Hagar charged again only to get toss outside the ring. Baron failed to the Starr Treatment and this one is over folks! [b]Winners : Starr & Patterson Rating = B+[/b] [i]We already knew that Patterson and Starr are not a good pairing, but as you can see, I don't care. Not enough selling was displayed, but you know, between an evil russian, a savage viking, a unbeatable champion and former bodybuilder, it was kinda expected. Oh congrats to Baron for not being out of his shoes tonight![/i] [Tonight edition of Sunday Slamfest, unfortunately the last one for some time, ends with Patterson and Micky Starr shaking hands and celebrating with the crowd. Their alliance stood tonight, but how long will it last ?] [b]Rating = A[/b] [FONT="Arial Black"]Global Rating : B[/font] TV Ratings : 22.94 --------- OCC : Unfortunatley, it wasn't enough to keep our TV Show. We took a big prestige hit with this, we're now back to the third rank in America behind CWB and CPCW. At least, we made a little bit of money in our first month I cut back a bit on pictures, I'm not really sure they are necessary for backstage segments. Tell me what you prefer. And if you haven't realized yet, Green speech = staff members, blue speech = faces, red speech = heel. Yeah, I'm that clever... Stay tuned for our next adventures!

Archived