[url]http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10916[/url] [QUOTE]Q: How do I raise my promotion’s size? - A: Size is related to popularity, as you’d expect. The size of your promotion depends on how popular you are in certain regions and countries. The categories are (from smallest to largest); Local, Small, Regional, Cult, National, International and Global. Here's an updated list of the minimum requirements for each size category, thanks to 'insider info' from a reliable source: Local - default. Small - over 10% in one region. Regional - over 30% in one region. Cult - over 45% in two or more regions. National - over 65% in 75% of the regions in the home area, and a minimum of 30% in all of them. International - National at home, plus over 45% in 4 or more foreign regions. Global - International, plus 60% in at least 5 foreign regions. A note about National (not from the reliable insider info this time): To become National in the US, since America has ten regions, you'd need to be 65% or above popularity in eight (technically 7.5, but it's rounded up) regions, and above 30 in the rest. Since Japan and England only have four regions, you'll need to be 65% or above in three (since obviously 75% of 4 is 3) of them and over 30% in the other one. All well and good. However, Europe and Mexico have three regions each, so you need 2.25 regions. Mathematically, you'd round this down to two, but the game rounds it up, so in Europe and Mexico you need all three regions at 65% to become National. Canada, as usual, is ass-backwards. 75% of 5 is 3.75, so judging by the fact that Mexico's 2.25 is rounded up, you'd expect 3.75 to become 4, right? Nope. You only need three in Canada.[/quote]

That's old info, Von Dozier. Size requirements were changed in TEW07 patch 1.3. New minimum reqs are: Local - default Small - 11.1% in one region in the home country Regional - 35.1% in one region of the home country Cult - 53.1% in two or more regions of the home country National - 71.1% in 75% of the regions in the home country and at least 35.1% in all of them. International - National PLUS a minimum of 53.1% in 4 or more foreign regions. Global - International PLUS a minimum of 65.1% in at least 5 foreign regions. So, a US based promotion can go global and strictly run/broadcast shows to the US & Canada but a UK promotion (for example) has to go further afield to do the same thing. It's also why the Japanese promotions (in the Cornellverse) don't ever go beyond National (that I've seen, at least).

[QUOTE=markhenry;252925]That percentage thing doesn't really help. To get to Cult in the US, I was C- in 2 regions (so 53.1% or above)[/QUOTE] Okay then, I'll use both. [B]Local[/B] - default [B]Small[/B] - 11.1% (F+) in one region in the home country [B]Regional[/B] - 35.1% (D-) in one region of the home country [B]Cult[/B] - 53.1% (C-) in two or more regions of the home country [B]National[/B] - 71.1% (B-) in 75% of the regions in the home country and at least 35.1% (D-) in all of them. [B]International[/B] - National PLUS a minimum of 53.1% (D-) in 4 or more foreign regions. [B]Global[/B] - International PLUS a minimum of 65.1% (C+) in at least 5 foreign regions. Better?

[QUOTE=Remianen;252964]Okay then, I'll use both. [B]Local[/B] - default [B]Small[/B] - 11.1% (F+) in one region in the home country [B]Regional[/B] - 35.1% (D-) in one region of the home country [B]Cult[/B] - 53.1% (C-) in two or more regions of the home country [B]National[/B] - 71.1% (B-) in 75% of the regions in the home country and at least 35.1% (D-) in all of them. [B]International[/B] - National PLUS a minimum of 53.1% (D-) in 4 or more foreign regions. [B]Global[/B] - International PLUS a minimum of 65.1% (C+) in at least 5 foreign regions. Better?[/QUOTE] Much. Thanks for your help on this.

Is there any general hints or techniques to raise your popularity? I've been running a promotion for about 6 months. US based, hovering around B- (cult) and trying to go higher. I got 5million in the bank. And I do house shows in the USA, Mexico and Canada and have a medium TV show in USA.

[QUOTE=ChrisArrant;253818]Is there any general hints or techniques to raise your popularity? I've been running a promotion for about 6 months. US based, hovering around B- (cult) and trying to go higher. I got 5million in the bank. And I do house shows in the USA, Mexico and Canada and have a medium TV show in USA.[/QUOTE] It's all about good shows. You need to put on lots of shows that are better than your popularity in that region and at the end of the show your road agent will say "this should have increased our popularity". Many of those will raise your level up to B eventually.

[QUOTE=markhenry;253848]It's all about good shows. You need to put on lots of shows that are better than your popularity in that region and at the end of the show your road agent will say "this should have increased our popularity". Many of those will raise your level up to B eventually.[/QUOTE] I'm interested how this works actually. In my current game I have a popularity of D in my home region. Usually if I put on a show C- or better I get a 0.4-0.5% increase in my popularity. However if I get a D+, or sometimes even a C-, I don't get the 'should increase your popularity' message and my rating actually drops 0.1% or so. Hence I think you not only have to put on a show better than your popularity, but [i]significantly[/i] better than your popularity (maybe 8% or so) in order to increase your rating. If you don't hit that target, your rating will drop by a tiny amount. I assume that if your show is rated below your current popularity then you will lose considerably more.

[QUOTE=Piemaster;253862]I'm interested how this works actually. In my current game I have a popularity of D in my home region. Usually if I put on a show C- or better I get a 0.4-0.5% increase in my popularity. However if I get a D+, or sometimes even a C-, I don't get the 'should increase your popularity' message and my rating actually drops 0.1% or so. [B]Hence I think you not only have to put on a show better than your popularity, but [i]significantly[/i] better than your popularity (maybe 8% or so) in order to increase your rating. [/B] If you don't hit that target, your rating will drop by a tiny amount. I assume that if your show is rated below your current popularity then you will lose considerably more.[/QUOTE] From my observations (over lots of shows) you need 2 grades higher than popularity to increase actual popularity %. 1 grade higher will generally keep you the same or maybe reduce by 0.1%, level with your pop will hurt you more. However - some people on here say that they haven't found that, and that any show above their current popularity raises them - so take your pick as to which you believe :p

[QUOTE=Rob4590;253871] However - some people on here say that they haven't found that, and that any show above their current popularity raises them - so take your pick as to which you believe :p[/QUOTE] Well, I believe you because it fits in with my own observations. However, I don't think it's as simple as needing to be 1 grade above your popularity. I think it's based on the underlying percentage points behind the grades.

[QUOTE=Piemaster;254167]Well, I believe you because it fits in with my own observations. However, I don't think it's as simple as needing to be 1 grade above your popularity. I think it's based on the underlying percentage points behind the grades.[/QUOTE] Very astute observation! It also matches my own data. Tracking promotion popularity is tedious as you can imagine but basically, both you and Rob are right. It is percentage based (or seems to be) and the higher over your pop the show is, the bigger the increase (though it seems to cap at 0.8% per show for me).

[QUOTE=Remianen;254186]Very astute observation! It also matches my own data. Tracking promotion popularity is tedious as you can imagine but basically, both you and Rob are right. It is percentage based (or seems to be) and the higher over your pop the show is, the bigger the increase (though it seems to cap at 0.8% per show for me).[/QUOTE] Biggest I've seen is 1.4% - but thats with a VERY small promotion (F- pop) getting a D show.

Archived