Discussion Board for WMMA Features

i have a question about the All-Out Assault option. Will your popularity raise even if you don't run shows in the area? For instance you want to raise your populairty in the mid west but don't want to run shows there *i don't know why you would want to do that but just a what if*

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply
[QUOTE=alden;269015]i have a question about the All-Out Assault option. Will your popularity raise even if you don't run shows in the area? For instance you want to raise your populairty in the mid west but don't want to run shows there *i don't know why you would want to do that but just a what if*[/QUOTE] I would think you could choose say all out assault and possibly choose a certain section of area say the midwest to target or if you've got the cash you could target the whole country.

Ok, this is the 1st time i will complain:p Although i like the options for the manual marketing, i would had liked to be able to hire a person in that role and not simply have a default. That way it could play a role who you signed and make the backstage politics more interesting. The default option is more simplistic obviously

[QUOTE=Capelli King;269047]Ok, this is the 1st time i will complain:p Although i like the options for the manual marketing, i would had liked to be able to hire a person in that role and not simply have a default. That way it could play a role who you signed and make the backstage politics more interesting. The default option is more simplistic obviously[/QUOTE] +1 agreed

[QUOTE=Capelli King;269047]Ok, this is the 1st time i will complain:p Although i like the options for the manual marketing, i would had liked to be able to hire a person in that role and not simply have a default. That way it could play a role who you signed and make the backstage politics more interesting. The default option is more simplistic obviously[/QUOTE] I don't know about you but I don't see any head of marketing ever telling Dana White in real life how to market fighters so I don't really feel the need to have more backstage politics with the head of marketing considering all the other politics that will likely be going on with other fighters/promotions etc.

In the Adam post he did not talk about the marketing of the fighters. He talked about the marketing of the promotion into regions. Now, i do not think Dana White(since you brought it up) takes charge of all the promotional and marketing of the promotion in all the areas! I am sure he has his maketing team for that. He gives them a budget and off they go, using the budget to the best of their abilities;)

[QUOTE=Capelli King;269079]In the Adam post he did not talk about the marketing of the fighters. He talked about the marketing of the promotion into regions. Now, i do not think Dana White(since you brought it up) takes charge of all the promotional and marketing of the promotion in all the areas! I am sure he has his maketing team for that. He gives them a budget and off they go, using the budget to the best of their abilities;)[/QUOTE] I'm sure he does have a team; but my point is they aren't going to tell him who to market and who not to market. Dana knows the fighters and he knows who is marketable. There is no need for a relationship there because Dana is going to tell them who and who not to market. You were wanting more politics and there just isn't any need for it in that department.

Jmimic. did you read Adams post: [B]July 27th: Marketing Part of the Corporate subsection of the game, the Marketing controls allows you to choose how your company is promoted. You can choose to delegate all of this department to the Head Of Marketing; this means the AI takes total control until you decide you want manual control back (AI control is default). This means that people who are not interested in the business side can effectively turn it off and concentrate on the areas they do enjoy. There are two parts to marketing, when manual control is on. One part is the promotion of your shows, and you can choose how heavily to hype your pay-per-view, TV, and non-televised events. It is up to you to decide the balance between expense and exposure. The second is called targeted marketing, and allows you to choose your strategy for each region in the game. Amongst the choices are Maintain Strength (specifically designed to maintain the current level of popularity you have achieved without attempting to actively grow it) and All-Out Assault (your marketing team will actively try and raise your popularity as high as they can, although for obvious reasons this can be a hugely expensive enterprise and requires observation and careful financial planning).[/B] There is nothing there about the maketing of fighter whatsoever. When i meant politics, i did not mean that the Marketing team would argue with the boss!!! I means that in any big company, if the boss does not get involved himself(which is usually the case), he would delegate a certain target to his marketing team. I am sure you have to agree, that there should be a person set to this role, not simply the computer markets automatically?

No, not really. Although ACCBiggz is putting together a real-world mod and I believe is looking for people to help find fighter pictures, so if you're dying to get involved that would probably be a useful and productive way to spend your time. It's in the Mods section.

[QUOTE=Adam Ryland;270068]No, not really. Although ACCBiggz is putting together a real-world mod and I believe is looking for people to help find fighter pictures, so if you're dying to get involved that would probably be a useful and productive way to spend your time. It's in the Mods section.[/QUOTE] Nah, I'm working on a massive mod myself. If you have some spare time, I have a topic in the Mod section.

Best feature in my opinion, is the worker's all being in the same pool.... Where your great, great, great, grandson can be in it, and will be related as such. That feature needs to be in TEW "BADLY". Great idea for the upgrade of it though.... The idea to be able to make a roster, and designate where everyone goes, period, then be able to make the mod year at any year you want (for the player as well as the modder's) is a great benefit. There will still be the yearly one's, I would imagine... as people don't stay in one place all the time. Just an amazing feature though, the possibilities grow vastly with it.

I wonder if this being able to reject fights do to "friendships" can be "used" just as badly as in real life. Ala, Tito vs Chuck. Tito not wanting to fight Chuck because they were "friends", while Chuck was calling Tito dirty names. Yeah, they were obviously great "friends" :D

Archived