Database suggestion for discussion!

In TEW, we had guys simply wandering the database for years! Never getting a job and simply working the independent scene. I calculated 20% if not more of the database was such. Simply slowering the game and they played no role absolutely. I think any players which are 30years and above and have not been employed for a certain period of time (lets say 2 years), should be deleted. If they will not have a backstage role, they should totally be removed. Their fight records or titles will be registered, maybe in a retired fighter list(similar like OOTP does). But we do not need fighters or staff which are pretty useless, simply taking up space and slowering the game. What people think?

What about someone like a Dennis Kang though? He spent years in obscurity(And at first didn't have a great record even.) and all of a sudden he started getting some fights in TKO in turn PRIDE rolled the dice on him and boom he recognizes his potential and becomes a Top 10 MW. I personally like having a decent amount of unused guys you never know when you'll strike gold.

Personally I don't consider the "delay" created by a bigger database to be very singnificant (although I only play Cornellverse). However if it's really a large problem maybe there should be an option to select a size of the database to be used so the more obscure fighters will not be in the game.

[QUOTE=TylerDrew;256542]What about someone like a Dennis Kang though? He spent years in obscurity(And at first didn't have a great record even.) and all of a sudden he started getting some fights in TKO in turn PRIDE rolled the dice on him and boom he recognizes his potential and becomes a Top 10 MW. I personally like having a decent amount of unused guys you never know when you'll strike gold.[/QUOTE] I like having a decent amount of unused talent also. Assuming they have at least a glinse of talent!!! You know, some of the guys, simply will never ever get a job! They are like 30 somthing and unlikely to be improving and they simply hand around doing nothing! Now, if you have a small database, no probs. What in the case like 3500 fighters! Similar to how the T-ZOne was! When you have 50 promotions, and literally thousands of dead wood. THis is more for the modders. I am sure the WMMA world will be appropriately made. I simply think people which are unlikely to be in the world or unlikely to have a role in the game, should simply be removed alltogether. I heared Adam plans to have members from the Cornellverse, such as Buddy Garner ect. Not actually in the game, but their history will be included. I cannot see the problem for the same to continue with fighters within the game. At least we should have an option of deleting these guys, if it will not be done automatically.

[QUOTE=Capelli King;256798]I like having a decent amount of unused talent also. Assuming they have at least a glinse of talent!!! You know, some of the guys, simply will never ever get a job! They are like 30 somthing and unlikely to be improving and they simply hand around doing nothing! Now, if you have a small database, no probs. What in the case like 3500 fighters! Similar to how the T-ZOne was! When you have 50 promotions, and literally thousands of dead wood. THis is more for the modders. I am sure the WMMA world will be appropriately made. I simply think people which are unlikely to be in the world or unlikely to have a role in the game, should simply be removed alltogether. I heared Adam plans to have members from the Cornellverse, such as Buddy Garner ect. Not actually in the game, but their history will be included. I cannot see the problem for the same to continue with fighters within the game. At least we should have an option of deleting these guys, if it will not be done automatically.[/QUOTE] On rethinking it I think some sort of early retirement feature would be good. MMA is notorious for being a sink or swim sport and outside the odd Shannon Ritch type guy few guys actually do stick around after losing several in a row at the start of their career.

Guest loves2spooge
there are a few crap guys that come back a few years down the track hoping to get a good pay day so i say leave them in there cause if your starting a promotion from scratch it would be alot easier to get someone who may be crap but haven't fought in a few years because they might have a bit of overness in you're region

[QUOTE=Capelli King;256536]In TEW, we had guys simply wandering the database for years! Never getting a job and simply working the independent scene. I calculated 20% if not more of the database was such. Simply slowering the game and they played no role absolutely. I think any players which are 30years and above and have not been employed for a certain period of time (lets say 2 years), should be deleted. If they will not have a backstage role, they should totally be removed. Their fight records or titles will be registered, maybe in a retired fighter list(similar like OOTP does). But we do not need fighters or staff which are pretty useless, simply taking up space and slowering the game. What people think?[/QUOTE] Completely hate this idea. If anything I would say answer this by creating a more realistic indy and scheduling set up. Because, it is pretty much up to a promoter who they use, so I don't think the answer is to simply delete these people.

Do not take the case personally! They are only data and not real guys;) I am talking about really crap guys. If you played TEW over 11 years into the game you would have an idea what i meant. I ask you this question. How many MMA guys you know, which trained like crazzy and were 35 years old, never got a fight in their life and were still hoping to get one?:) If you can name me 200 of them(which was the case in my TEW game), then,i rest my case.

That's not entirely my point, but I definitely see yours. The point you bring up with TEW is why I'm way for backstage positions being added so those guys can be used more. The issue with the crap guys you speak of could be solved with adding Dojos/Training Camps back in as active/seen entities. A lot could become trainers, others could join some to improve their skills and what not. I just don't feel simply deleting them is the best solution, that's all.

[QUOTE=thedraem41;257744]That's not entirely my point, but I definitely see yours. The point you bring up with TEW is why I'm way for backstage positions being added so those guys can be used more. The issue with the crap guys you speak of could be solved with adding Dojos/Training Camps back in as active/seen entities. A lot could become trainers, others could join some to improve their skills and what not. I just don't feel simply deleting them is the best solution, that's all.[/QUOTE] Ok i agree with you. Maybe not delete. They could get into other roles outside of being a fighter. If fact i agree 100% with that one. I always hated in TEW when the backstage were not people with in ring history. There will be loads or roles for them any way. I think more than in TEW. Trainers or at least good trainers should be people which had at least respectable fighting careers.

Agreed, or at least people that have trained in a form of martial arts. Like som dojo's and camps aren't MMA places per say. But, they are martial arts dojos where you learn a specific style in order to better in that area. That would be pretty cool.

Archived