Walking out of a written contract...

So, I've got 510 days left on my TCW contract, and to be honest I'm starting to get a little bored beating everyone. I've won 23 consecutive matches, I hold all three singles titles I'm eligible for (World Heavyweight, International and Hardcore), and there's really nothing more for me to accomplish in the federation. I'll probably turn heel and see if that makes things a little more interesting, but what would the consequences of turning in my two-weeks' notice be? Naturally I'm under written contract, and I don't want to burn any bridges in the event I want to return there in ten years or so.

I think it might depend upon the owner's personality, though I can't say for sure. I've quit several promotions over my various careers. In some cases, the owners disliked me afterwards - but I'm not sure if there was a correlation. It's a really good question, e. Have you ever noticed that if a promotion offers you a deal and you turn it down, that promotion will have nothing to do with you for a period of time? I'd venture to guess that if you quit a promotion, they might do something along the same lines.

Just walked out just walked out of PGHW lower midcard contract. Was there 4+ years stuck in the midcard duldrums, would flucrtuate from 66 to 70 overness.So i was ready for a change just walked out and Sadauru jimbo died :( after that now great hisato is the booker and PGHW is owned by Rip Chord :(. I beat great hisato in the wlw for the championship. So I later tried out for BHOTWG for my 5th or 6th time and finally got a midcard position :( stcuk around 66 to 70 overness there :(. So going to try to keep plugging away. But I believe they just won't work for u for awhile. Unless there owner dies then it could be sooner. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know the answer to the original question, but it sounds like you (jimbow37) need to try and improve your overall match ratings to get more over. I spent a loooong time in the midcard because my match rating weren't high enough but then I made a very deliberate effort to get them higher. If you keep plugging away and hit the B- ratings or better, you should be able to improve that overness. Assuming you keep winning. And of course, make sure the promotions you are working for in the country are at least at a Cult level. Working for small promotions can hurt your overness even if you win, as I found out myself. Forced me to leave WLW........ Derek B

I've only walked out on 1 written deal and it was with the WWF. I had no change in my relationship because of it. Vince and I were friends before hand, and we remained friends afterwards. After a few months with WWF, they dropped from National to Cult and started clearing out the roster, so it really put a kill on the reason I signed with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived