Overness in SE Feds & Final Grades

So i started my own company right away and instantly signed as much talent as I possibly could. The problem is a lot of my "real talent" is anywhere from an E to E - in popularity. So i've been trying to put them into matches during shows to raise their popularity so I could really pump out some good shows in the future... The only problem is whenever they are in matches their final grades suck ass! Even if they are working with another wrestler who has just as good of talent as they do (So it's not like they are facing Whistler or something). So is the reason they are getting such low final grades is because their overall popularity is really low?! I know in companies based upon in ring wrestling they seem to forgive people who don't have good overness as long as they can actually put together a good match! However, does SE companies really rely on your overness overall?! Thanks!

It depends on your product. If your settings are say mostly main stream then yes their low overness is going to kill the match. Traditional takes Overness into account but also skill as well so that may be a bit more even. There are others who know more. But a lot of the low level guys are not just low in overnes but also not the msot skilled so you're gonn abe looking at low ratings for awhile but that's ok.

Yea, I kinda thought that mainstream was the thing that was messing it up. I'm trying to find the best way to get these guys over, but not kill my shows cause I'm trying to build up from a regional sized promotion as fast as possible. My lower level guys do have a lot of talent just not over... Pretty much these are my lower level guys: * Frankie Perez * The Natural * Mainstream Hernandez * and Joss Thompson They've got talent, just not enough popularity to really have the ratings show. ya know?! People like Bulldozer Brandon Smith (aka "The Franchise" Brandon Smith in my game) came into my promotion and within a month went from a Lower Midcarder to an Upper Midcarder. So I know they can "make that jump". Then again, there could be a cap on those guys.

[QUOTE=Zobeto227;258735]Yea, I kinda thought that mainstream was the thing that was messing it up. I'm trying to find the best way to get these guys over, but not kill my shows cause I'm trying to build up from a regional sized promotion as fast as possible. My lower level guys do have a lot of talent just not over... Pretty much these are my lower level guys: * Frankie Perez * The Natural * Mainstream Hernandez * and Joss Thompson They've got talent, just not enough popularity to really have the ratings show. ya know?! People like Bulldozer Brandon Smith (aka "The Franchise" Brandon Smith in my game) came into my promotion and within a month went from a Lower Midcarder to an Upper Midcarder. So I know they can "make that jump". Then again, there could be a cap on those guys.[/QUOTE] just because he went from lowcarder to uppermid doesn't mean he's over. It just means he's more over than the rest of your roster in comparison. He could be a E-, when the rest of your roster is F-. It's not much of an overness gap. See what I'm saying? SE feds aren't going to get guys over on ring work. Mostly angles. Any chance of getting over in matches is due to their performance and entertainment skills.

True, he did spike to a D- overall though and I think he started somewhere around E-? So overall, I'm happy for what he did in a month. I can see why angles would be the better way to get someone over, I plan on having some of my young face characters start to feud with my character (The overbearing boss). And seeing how I am a B overall, It will hopefully push them a little far along.

[QUOTE=Zobeto227;258764]True, he did spike to a D- overall though and I think he started somewhere around E-? So overall, I'm happy for what he did in a month. I can see why angles would be the better way to get someone over, I plan on having some of my young face characters start to feud with my character (The overbearing boss). And seeing how I am a B overall, It will hopefully push them a little far along.[/QUOTE] If you set your product to whatever your guys are based around (so for brawlers, set your product to Traditional) and leave Mainstream off, then I believe you will get higher ratings.

Archived