Subscribe to the ROF Newsletter

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for all the kind comments, guys. Doing this diary has been a blast - mainly thanks to all the constant feedback that has been coming throughout the 90-odd pages. It's been really interesting to see people's perspectives on certain wrestlers at different times. Especially the hatred and love for people like Billy Robinson, Stevie Stoat and Merle O'Curle. And 30,000 views is pretty humbling. At the moment I don't know what I'll do for TEW08. I'll be honest with you - I've never played a promotion other than ROF! With 07 I did a quick ROF game to figure out the new features and then started my diary up. And that was the only game I've had running. As a Brit, I do like running a British fed and I'm not into the 'entertainment' aspect of wrestling so much, so ROF always seems a no-brainer to me. But having done such a long diary, I don't know if I can do the same promotion justice a 2nd time around (or if it would have the same response). We'll see. All I know is that doing a diary gave me real focus and a desire to play that I didn't have with the 05 version so much. So I'm sure I'll pop up with another diary at some point in the not too distant future! :D

[QUOTE=Marcel Fromage;430474]Thanks for all the kind comments, guys. Doing this diary has been a blast - mainly thanks to all the constant feedback that has been coming throughout the 90-odd pages. It's been really interesting to see people's perspectives on certain wrestlers at different times. Especially the hatred and love for people like Billy Robinson, Stevie Stoat and Merle O'Curle. And 30,000 views is pretty humbling. At the moment I don't know what I'll do for TEW08. I'll be honest with you - I've never played a promotion other than ROF! With 07 I did a quick ROF game to figure out the new features and then started my diary up. And that was the only game I've had running. As a Brit, I do like running a British fed and I'm not into the 'entertainment' aspect of wrestling so much, so ROF always seems a no-brainer to me. But having done such a long diary, I don't know if I can do the same promotion justice a 2nd time around (or if it would have the same response). We'll see. All I know is that doing a diary gave me real focus and a desire to play that I didn't have with the 05 version so much. So I'm sure I'll pop up with another diary at some point in the not too distant future! :D[/QUOTE] I know that feeling all too well. It is almost impossible for me to play a game of TEW 07 anymore and not think in terms of making a diary out of it. That is why after I started my second NYCW diary game, I didn't get very far in any other one because I would look at it in terms of writing a diary out of it, and I was already doing one. I probably just need to play for fun with 08 for a while before I start writing up a diary for it. :)

Archived