DOTT Help ( Stradagy )

I am playing as Michael Hayes of th Freebirds and I have a 5-3-0 record. Now here is the strange part, in tag team competion record is 5-0. Singles is 0-3 with my losses being Kerry Von Erick, Tommy Rich, & Dick Murdoc. I have beaten both Von Erick and Murdoc in tag matches. Here is the real problem in singles, they are hitting nearly 20 offensive moves to my every 1 move. Against Murdoc my mommentum starting was 83 and his was 30's the whole match I hit 4 moves 3 of which he just shrugged off. I try to block, slip, move, break. and all tht happens is hit hit hit hit..... Buy time I finally slip a move or get moved he is hitting high moves on me and I hit and they just shrug it off and move on .... Teams they are hitting 10 moves in a row but then I get to hit moves 5-8 in a row and once I make a tag it seems like it is much easier then to start slipping and moving etc etc.... Any suggestions or help will be apprecated. Thanks Ira

• 2 weeks later...
Is the undefeated tag streak more the result of Terry Gordy (and/or Buddy Roberts) doing most of the damage being dished out by the team? Gordy is certainly one tough hombre. As far as singles matches, Hayes isn't all that great in the ring - and I think his stats pretty much reflect that. The one stat that he might have in his favor is his speed. As such, I wouldn't even attempt to block or break holds being thrown your way; stick to moving from strikes and slipping out of holds. Also, whenever the opponent's momentum gets too high, take a powder. When they come out chasing after you, you might get lucky and hit some moves on the outside. And finally... cheat like the dirty dog that Hayes is. Out-in-out wrestling with guys like Murdoch is nuts, as Captain Redneck is so much more talented than Hayes in a one-on-one situation. Von Erich, too... when he isn't doped out of his gourd. ;) As a matter of fact, 75% of the game world roster is probably more talented in the ring than the Freebird Leader. To me, when playing someone like Hayes, it isn't so much the loss that matters (unless it is to Mike Von Erich - heh). After all, he's going to lose his share of one-on-one matches. What matters is [I]how[/I] you lose; getting myself disqualified is as good as winning the bout, in my opinion. :)

Archived