TCW, Realism, Bruce the Giant, & Skull DeBones

Hey, I love this game, and that's why when I feel like I don't know enough about certain areas I ask Q's on here. haha. So I hope someone knows how to answer this question more so than I, as I've been trying to read up in the "Help File" but can't really seem to find anything specific to what I am talking about. So lets look at TCW. They have a product level for Realism set at "Medium". Which means that the company "kinda" makes their product seem like it's a real sport. With that being said... Would you benefit at all (other than Overness) in bringing in someone like Bruce The Giant, Skull DeBones, or Runaway Train?! In a sense, can TCW bring in someone who isn't a great "wrestler" and still have their fanbase accept them & put on good matches with these workers? I ask that because in my long standing TCW game, A lot of these guys are coming up to renew their contracts and their companies are all too small to keep them. So, I wanted to swoop in and get them to boost my roster, but I didn't want to do so if it was just going to hurt my overall product (ie: The letter grades I get for matches, and full shows) as well as financially if it wasn't going to work out for the best. Does anyone know? Thanks!

Traditional and Mainstream are pretty high in TCW product, so the overness still plays a big factor in the grade matchs. Let's take Liberty for example. He's is not a great wrestler, just a decent charismatic brawler. The first guy I usualy feed to Cornell while grooming the next big face to become the champ is Liberty. Granted, it's Cornell, he could make Big Smack Scott look like a star, but the grade I get from this usually range from B- to B+ (I suppose A and A* can be achieve with chemistry). Put that into a storyline and look at their popularity going through the roof. Yes, in my game, Liberty is the most popular wrestler of the world. Scary, isn't it ? You could also make this example with pretty much any decent brawler with good popularity (BLZ Bubb, American Buffalo, Rick Law, etc) without even needing to put a wrestling machine (no pun intended) against them.

That's what I thought, I was just afraid that if I break the bank for someone like a Bruce the Giant or Skull DeBones, that it could potentially really hurt my grade levels due to the fact that they aren't what you would think of when you think of a "Realistic Product". Thank you though, I see what you're saying.

Archived